FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > This is the way to End War !

This is the way to End War !

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *atEvolution OP   Couple 11 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I just love our Nuclear Deterrent - Doesn't kill anyone - But it makes the Whole World Laugh !!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 11 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Cuddly kittens, rabbits and puppies would be a lot cheaper

By *otMe66Man 11 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Look on the positive side of things, we know now rather than when we retaliated, that would have been a bad day in the office…

I wonder how many countries start scrambling to test their metal tubes

By *oubleswing2019Man 11 weeks ago

Colchester

To be honest, I'm quite relieved knowing some of my taxes have made a wizz-bang that doesn't wizz or go bang. More like Pffft! followed by Plop !

I'm relieved because I'd take no comfort knowing millions of innocents in another country could die in a retaliatory strike funded by my taxes. I do not want that bloodshed on my hands.

It was commonly thought M.A.D. (Mutually Assured Destruction) would make everyone play nice. Perhaps it did for a while.

But all good things come to an end, and no rule-based order persists forever.

Rules last, until they don't.

People heeds things, until they don't.

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

"Look on the positive side of things, we know now rather than when we retaliated, that would have been a bad day in the office…

I wonder how many countries start scrambling to test their metal tubes"

If we’ve reached the point of retaliation, it’s too late for any of us anyway

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

We could just have some plastic rockets that look like nukes. Call them Trident and tell the world we have nuclear capability.

They’d be a lot cheaper, and have the same effect.

By *oubleswing2019Man 11 weeks ago

Colchester

"We could just have some plastic rockets that look like nukes. Call them Trident and tell the world we have nuclear capability.

They’d be a lot cheaper, and have the same effect. "

Perhaps that is exactly what we do have.

It's been a giant ruse all along !

British Officer to C/O : "The enemy has launched sir. Multiple targets confirmed. London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff. Shall we counter-launch, Sir ?"

C/O :"Hmmm. No, stand down Carruthers."

Carruthers : "But Sir ! We're under attack ! Don't we want to attack back ?"

C/O : "Why ? What's the point ? Millions of ours will die, now. We can't stop that. It's over, Carruthers. Call your wife and tell her you love her, and ask her to hug the children for you."

Carruthers : "Er, I'm gay sir. But I will call Brian my husband and he can give Molly our cat a cuddle too. But don't you want to strike back, Sir ? "

C/O : "Why bother ? The whole point was that this was supposed to be a deterrent. Clearly, that has manifestly failed. All I would be doing is adding more "fuel" to the fire, so to speak. Killing millions of more innocent people. That makes me no worse than those who started it. Two "wrongs" don't make a right, Carruthers."

Carruthers : "But we could get our own back ? Blow them sky high ?"

C/O : "We could. But I think I shall leave a little piece of nature untouched by man's hubris and violence. Some oasis in the middle of all this madness. Some shelter for the poor devils left behind. God knows they'll need it."

Carruthers : "Right ho, Sir. Shall I pop the kettle on, Sir ?"

C/O : "Yes, why not. One last cuppa before the wind blows. Oh and Carruthers?"

Carruthers : "Yes, Sir ?"

C/O : "Make sure you use the fast boil kettle."

Carruthers : "Very good sir."

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 11 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

They say the specific test conditions were the problem and a live fire would work as expected. The main difference between a live fire and test fire would be no warheads and probably less fuel too. Maybe having less fuel at launch was a factor?

"We could just have some plastic rockets that look like nukes. Call them Trident and tell the world we have nuclear capability.

They’d be a lot cheaper, and have the same effect. "

That's not far off what the Chinese have been doing with their so-called rocket defence force. Specifically they've been diluting the fuel so much most of them don't work properly.

By *otMe66Man 11 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I think you are all forgetting we will need our nukes to fight the aliens that are going to invade.

I watched a documentary called independence day, it was very clear how this will play out and I think Trump can fly a plane.

By *uddy laneMan 11 weeks ago

dudley

"I think you are all forgetting we will need our nukes to fight the aliens that are going to invade.

I watched a documentary called independence day, it was very clear how this will play out and I think Trump can fly a plane. "

Going to, they are already here.

By *iman2100Man 10 weeks ago

Glasgow

"I just love our Nuclear Deterrent - Doesn't kill anyone - But it makes the Whole World Laugh !!!"

Do the people of the forum believe that if the UK nuclear deterrent is thought to be useless by our enemies, we are less or more likely to be attacked?

By (user no longer on site) 10 weeks ago

"I just love our Nuclear Deterrent - Doesn't kill anyone - But it makes the Whole World Laugh !!!

Do the people of the forum believe that if the UK nuclear deterrent is thought to be useless by our enemies, we are less or more likely to be attacked? "

Nobody is going to launch a first-strike nuke. It’s a suicide button.

Of course there is the potential that not having a nuclear capability might make a nation more likely to suffer a conventional attack - but with NATO backing here in the U.K I’d still argue that it’s unlikely in the extreme.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 10 weeks ago

Gilfach

"I just love our Nuclear Deterrent - Doesn't kill anyone - But it makes the Whole World Laugh !!!"

"Do the people of the forum believe that if the UK nuclear deterrent is thought to be useless by our enemies, we are less or more likely to be attacked?"

If the UK nuclear deterrent is thought to be useless, it won't change anything. If it's known to definitely be useless, there's an increased risk of attack, but while there's the smallest doubt that it might work, no one will take the risk.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 10 weeks ago

nearby

We will see how good it all is when trump gets in and cancels military support for Ukraine.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings

They’d be a lot cheaper, and have the same effect.

Perhaps that is exactly what we do have.

It's been a giant ruse all along !

British Officer to C/O : "The enemy has launched sir. Multiple targets confirmed. London, Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff. Shall we counter-launch, Sir ?"

C/O :"Hmmm. No, stand down Carruthers."

Carruthers : "But Sir ! We're under attack ! Don't we want to attack back ?"

C/O : "Why ? What's the point ? Millions of ours will die, now. We can't stop that. It's over, Carruthers. Call your wife and tell her you love her, and ask her to hug the children for you."

Carruthers : "Er, I'm gay sir. But I will call Brian my husband and he can give Molly our cat a cuddle too. But don't you want to strike back, Sir ? "

C/O : "Why bother ? The whole point was that this was supposed to be a deterrent. Clearly, that has manifestly failed. All I would be doing is adding more "fuel" to the fire, so to speak. Killing millions of more innocent people. That makes me no worse than those who started it. Two "wrongs" don't make a right, Carruthers."

Carruthers : "But we could get our own back ? Blow them sky high ?"

C/O : "We could. But I think I shall leave a little piece of nature untouched by man's hubris and violence. Some oasis in the middle of all this madness. Some shelter for the poor devils left behind. God knows they'll need it."

Carruthers : "Right ho, Sir. Shall I pop the kettle on, Sir ?"

C/O : "Yes, why not. One last cuppa before the wind blows. Oh and Carruthers?"

Carruthers : "Yes, Sir ?"

C/O : "Make sure you use the fast boil kettle."

Carruthers : "Very good sir.""

"When the wind blows" now that was is a good play

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 10 weeks ago

Hastings

So is it time to scrap nuclear weapons and have a bigger armed forces. Ground, Sea and Air.

But the UK always gets the spending wrong anyway..

By *leasure domMan 10 weeks ago

Edinburgh

The best way to prevent wars is to take out the maniacs who want to start them.

» Add a new message to this topic