Who to vote for in GE

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *alima20199 OP   Woman 8 weeks ago

walthamstow

New to voting who to vote for? In the next GE

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *wosmilersCouple 8 weeks ago

Heathrowish

Unfortunately, it will usually come down to who people think is least worst.

Sadly there are few decent options available in my area.

By *ififuckslutCouple 8 weeks ago

Salisbury

I wouldn't presume to suggest who you vote for but just think about who has been running the country for the last 14 years. If you want more of it vite for them. If you feel they have completely fucked the country and left it in a worst state than it was before find out which is the part most likely to beat them in your constituency and vote for them.

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 8 weeks ago

nearby

The latest YouGov/Times voting intention poll shows the Conservatives on 20% (unchanged from last poll on 6-7 March) and Labour 44% (-3).

Liberal Democrats have 9% of the vote (no change), Greens 7% (also no change), and Reform UK 14% (+1).

Allowing fur swings it looks inevitable Labour will be in charge.

By *resesse_MelioremCouple 8 weeks ago

Border of London

"New to voting who to vote for? In the next GE"

If that's a serious question, then you have three workable options:

(1) The party you believe in the most. Decide which party reflects your values and under which you (or your country) will do the best in the short and long term. Vote for them.

(2) The party most likely to have a chance of winning in your area who would form a government you'd like or prevent a government you wouldn't like. Google "tactical voting".

(3) The party most likely to challenge the incumbent party (or the second most likely to win). That makes your area a "swing constituency"and prevents it from being a "safe seat". This makes the MPs worth harder and promise (haha) more in other to get/keep votes. Although more powerful in the US states, this stratagem has utility in the UK.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 8 weeks ago

Central

Wait for the manifestos and evaluate how the UK has been after 14 years of the current lot.

By *9alMan 8 weeks ago

Bridgend

make sure you are registered & have the relevant ID

By *igNick1381Man 8 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

Whoever you vote for unfortunately a politician will win, and they're all bastard's

Incompetent at best, corrupt at worst

By *iseekingbiCouple 8 weeks ago

N ireland and West Midlands

if voting ever changed anything they'd abolish it.

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 16/03/24 23:12:51]

Border of London

[Removed by poster at 16/03/24 23:12:49]

Border of London

"Whoever you vote for unfortunately a politician will win, and they're all bastard's

Incompetent at best, corrupt at worst "

@halima - whilst this may be true, it's unhelpful to think of it in this way.

Rather, think: they may all be bastards, but someone will get in, and *I* can decide which bastard is best for me. Moreover, you can join a political party and get *your* bastard into power.

Those few who take this seriously actually run the country. The biggest lie is that you are powerless. And 95% of the country believes it.

Just look at the power of pensioners. They go out and vote. Everyone knows this. So pensioners get a better deal.

By *idnight RamblerMan 7 weeks ago

Pershore

Indeed, who to vote for? It comes down to a pretty dire choice of Toffs vs Trots.

By *enSiskoMan 7 weeks ago

Cestus 3

Vote for change in TFPTP system, or don't vote at all.

By *melie LALWoman 7 weeks ago

Peterborough

Labour to get the self serving bastard Tories out of govt

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 7 weeks ago

golden fields

Vote for the Tories. We want more brutal austerity, more tax dodging, more lucrative government contracts for their pals and for party donors, and more culture wars.

Whatever you do, make sure to believe the slick election campaigns without question.

And as a bonus come on to the political section of fab and bash anyone who dares to question the integrity of the government.

Sorted.

Peterborough

"New to voting who to vote for? In the next GE

Vote for the Tories. We want more brutal austerity, more tax dodging, more lucrative government contracts for their pals and for party donors, and more culture wars.

Whatever you do, make sure to believe the slick election campaigns without question.

And as a bonus come on to the political section of fab and bash anyone who dares to question the integrity of the government.

Sorted."

They have at least 10-15 million pounds in their racist, sorry campaign chest to do an exemplary Goebbels job

golden fields

Sorted.

They have at least 10-15 million pounds in their racist, sorry campaign chest to do an exemplary Goebbels job "

Good, we can trust the party who receives the most donations from big corporations and billionaires to represent our interests.

By *AFKA HovisMan 7 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

I have three steps. One, whose manifestoost aligns with my views. Two, who do I believe will deliver or in power Three, is there a manifesto I would be very unhappy with/a party I don't trust to keep to their manifesto and could I vote in a way to keep them out.

Normally three doesn't kick on as despite being left lib, I don't dislike the Tory manifesto enough to support a party I don't actually align best with.

However I am close with this iteration of the Tory party, whose only redeeming feature is they don't seem to be able to actually do anything !

Peterborough

"I have three steps. One, whose manifestoost aligns with my views. Two, who do I believe will deliver or in power Three, is there a manifesto I would be very unhappy with/a party I don't trust to keep to their manifesto and could I vote in a way to keep them out.

Normally three doesn't kick on as despite being left lib, I don't dislike the Tory manifesto enough to support a party I don't actually align best with.

However I am close with this iteration of the Tory party, whose only redeeming feature is they don't seem to be able to actually do anything !"

So you align with Tory ideology but find their actions don't add up.... But isn't it the thought that counts?

By *eroy1000Man 7 weeks ago

milton keynes

Sorted."

To be fair voting for Labour could achieve those things too. If it were not for the rosette they wear it would be hard to tell them apart

By *estivalMan 7 weeks ago

borehamwood

either be like me and dont even bother or suss out what party will be best for YOU and tick that box

golden fields

Sorted.

To be fair voting for Labour could achieve those things too. If it were not for the rosette they wear it would be hard to tell them apart"

They don't get the same levels of corporate funding.

But feel free to join me in not voting for them either.

Just to be extra clear, the opposite of voting Tory, isn't voting Labour. It's simply, not-voting-Tory.

Peterborough

Sorted.

To be fair voting for Labour could achieve those things too. If it were not for the rosette they wear it would be hard to tell them apart

Just to be extra clear, the opposite of voting Tory, isn't voting Labour. It's simply, not-voting-Tory."

Voting apathy may not be enough to get the sleazebags out of govt.

golden fields

Sorted.

Just to be extra clear, the opposite of voting Tory, isn't voting Labour. It's simply, not-voting-Tory.

Voting apathy may not be enough to get the sleazebags out of govt."

I have pretty much no hope of any party beating the Tories without simply becoming a version of them.

The only way a political party can get into power is by representing the interests of those who donate the most.

By *eroy1000Man 7 weeks ago

milton keynes

Sorted.

Just to be extra clear, the opposite of voting Tory, isn't voting Labour. It's simply, not-voting-Tory."

It's probably true that they don't get quite the same levels of corporate funding but are working to address that by getting close to the big businesses and adopting conservative policies like cooperation tax and bankers bonuses. Yes the opposite of a Tory vote is not necessary a Labour vote but Labour are by far the most likely new government and as originally said they can achieve the same outcomes you mentioned as the conservatives

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 7 weeks ago

Cumbria

Personally I’m going for whoever has the best chance of beating the Tory.

By *otMe66Man 7 weeks ago

Terra Firma

Personally I’m going for whoever has the best chance of beating the Tory. "

Even Reform

Cumbria

Personally I’m going for whoever has the best chance of beating the Tory.

Even Reform "

If they have the best chance of beating the Tories, but I’m pretty sure that no one will have to vote for Reform on that basis.

By *oversfunCouple 7 weeks ago

ayrshire

Il be voting for the party who have i think do best for my country and thats snp

By *utstandingMan 7 weeks ago

HX

You need to pay attention to what matters to you once their manifestos are clearer. I'm in a quandary too. For me, both Tories and Labour are a definite no go.

I'll be keeping an eye out for advice from https://themuslimvote.co.uk/who-should-i-vote-for

By *UGGYBEAR2015Man 7 weeks ago

BRIDPORT

Don’t waste your energy, whoever gets in we always end up getting shafted.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 7 weeks ago

South West London

I will keep saying this until more people actually get this in their head. Yes we need a new Government because the Tories aint no good which we can all agree. But voting for Labour will be much worse. Seriously how can people contemplate voting for a party who's in this weird woke zone to a point where they can't even tell you what a woman is

By *mateur100Man 7 weeks ago

nr faversham

"I will keep saying this until more people actually get this in their head. Yes we need a new Government because the Tories aint no good which we can all agree. But voting for Labour will be much worse. Seriously how can people contemplate voting for a party who's in this weird woke zone to a point where they can't even tell you what a woman is"

I agree

nr faversham

"I will keep saying this until more people actually get this in their head. Yes we need a new Government because the Tories aint no good which we can all agree. But voting for Labour will be much worse. Seriously how can people contemplate voting for a party who's in this weird woke zone to a point where they can't even tell you what a woman is

I agree "

And I notice that the corbynistas are reappearing, Rebecca long bailey, Diane Abbott and Angela Rayner who never left

By *AFKA HovisMan 7 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

If you are anti woke and that's your biggest concern ATM, then avoid labour.

Not close to the top for me.

South West London

Also anyone living in London need to vote for a New London Mayor because quite frankly Sadiq Khan is by far the worse Mayor we've had

Peterborough

Get rid of the sleazebags!

Peterborough

"I will keep saying this until more people actually get this in their head. Yes we need a new Government because the Tories aint no good which we can all agree. But voting for Labour will be much worse. Seriously how can people contemplate voting for a party who's in this weird woke zone to a point where they can't even tell you what a woman is"

This old chestnut

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 7 weeks ago

nearby

Interesting article in todays guardian

Labour ahead but less popular than Blair’s 97 labour. And notably Starmer afraid to make commitments on much beacuse it can only be achieved through higher taxes which is not a vote winner.

Cumbria

Just vote Tory, you know you want to, you’re desperately looking for a reason to.

By *orses and PoniesMan 7 weeks ago

Ealing

. With 14 years of success I will be staying with the Conservatives . The politics of spite and envy have little appeal. Just imagine how much worse things would be with a labour government. Angela Rayner referred to voters as scum. People with such disrespect should not be allowed anywhere near Parliament.

By *uddy laneMan 7 weeks ago

dudley

Well usually the electorate 'voters' vote on the policies 'theory' of the political parties and then vote for the political party that aligns with there own vision, but I fear this will not be the case at this election of a general, this one is free, politics is 180 degree opposite to how it is presented, ie if they say they are going to do something they will not do it and when they say they will not do something they will do it.

By *oo hotCouple 7 weeks ago

North West

"Also anyone living in London need to vote for a New London Mayor because quite frankly Sadiq Khan is by far the worse Mayor we've had "

Except that he is leading in the polls by a country mile and will be re-elected as sure as eggs are eggs.

South West London

Dont trust the polls, in the last London Mayoral Election Sadiq Khan was leading by 25 points only to only win with 5% more votes then Shaun Bailey and even still his vote share was down from the 2016 Mayoral Election when he first won it

South West London

"I will keep saying this until more people actually get this in their head. Yes we need a new Government because the Tories aint no good which we can all agree. But voting for Labour will be much worse. Seriously how can people contemplate voting for a party who's in this weird woke zone to a point where they can't even tell you what a woman is

Just vote Tory, you know you want to, you’re desperately looking for a reason to."

I will be voting for Reform because quite frankly I had enough of The Tories and Labour, time for real change

golden fields

Sorted.

It's probably true that they don't get quite the same levels of corporate funding but are working to address that by getting close to the big businesses and adopting conservative policies like cooperation tax and bankers bonuses. Yes the opposite of a Tory vote is not necessary a Labour vote but Labour are by far the most likely new government and as originally said they can achieve the same outcomes you mentioned as the conservatives"

golden fields

Yes, they're not even very racist, and Starmer once fumbled a question. Clearly much worse than anything else.

By *ostindreamsMan 7 weeks ago

London

You think a swingers website is the best place to ask advice on whom to vote for?

Look at their manifestos and track record, compare it to what matters to you and vote for that party.

By *utstandingMan 7 weeks ago

HX

"New to voting who to vote for? In the next GE . With 14 years of success I will be staying with the Conservatives . The politics of spite and envy have little appeal. Just imagine how much worse things would be with a labour government. Angela Rayner referred to voters as scum. People with such disrespect should not be allowed anywhere near Parliament. "

14 years of success?

I guess they successfully destroyed the economy, the NHS, reasonable costs of living, trust, etc

Lots of success right there.

golden fields

"New to voting who to vote for? In the next GE . With 14 years of success I will be staying with the Conservatives . The politics of spite and envy have little appeal. Just imagine how much worse things would be with a labour government. Angela Rayner referred to voters as scum. People with such disrespect should not be allowed anywhere near Parliament.

14 years of success?

I guess they successfully destroyed the economy, the NHS, reasonable costs of living, trust, etc

Lots of success right there."

In fairness, they never set out to do anything for the country.

They've been very successful at serving those who donate huge sums to the party. They and their pals made some serious £££.

nr faversham

It's a very poor reflection on both of the major parties when, in the main, the only argument in support of their own party is "vote for us or you'll get them/more of them".

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Voting for the same political parties over and over and expecting meaningful change is insane. Maybe boycotting all parties and voting for independents is worth a go?

South West London

"Voting for the same political parties over and over and expecting meaningful change is insane. Maybe boycotting all parties and voting for independents is worth a go?"
ageed 100%

By *ike Hunt888Man 7 weeks ago

Lancashire.

Agree Tory / Labour two cheeks of the same arse , time for a change so I'll be voting Reform .

By *ty31Man 7 weeks ago

NW London

I know I won't be voting for Labour. After the mess Sadiq Khan is making of London I just can't trust them.

golden fields

"Agree Tory / Labour two cheeks of the same arse , time for a change so I'll be voting Reform ."

Does the country need more racist teachers, policy based on bullshit belief over science, and blaming foreigners for everything?

Some might suggest that we should be moving away from that kind of shit.

By *exy_HornyCouple 7 weeks ago

Leigh

Vote Tory if you want to support a party who have wasted 14 years in power and squandered an 80 seat majority. A party who have not managed to drive reform of the wasteful status quo. Who have made bad decisions for the general public (but good ones to line their and their mates pockets). Who have made most ordinary people feel poorer. Who have been swayed by extreme lobby groups. Who have failed to deal with issues that affect the majority of people, such as excessive immigration, affordability of housing, cost of living, decline of neighborhoods, potholes in roads etc. all while increasing tax to almost historically high levels.

Vote Labour if you want pretty much the same as the above. A party who won't tell you the details of their policies, either because they don't have any or because they know you won't like them. A party who will quickly give in to the demands of their union paymasters, so if you are in an unionised industry you may gain in the short term at the expense of everyone else and a stagnating economy. A party who will increase the burden on ordinary people in the name of environmental issues, taxing fossil fuels and increasing the vendetta against the private car. A party who will increase red tape, open the borders and seek to control your thoughts in case you might offend some minority groups you have never heard of.

Vote anyone else if you want a Labour government.

South West London

Or how about nobody votes for no party at the General Election

By *obleroneToShareMan 7 weeks ago

Cypress Avenue, nr Bristol

"Agree Tory / Labour two cheeks of the same arse , time for a change so I'll be voting Reform .

Does the country need more racist teachers, policy based on bullshit belief over science, and blaming foreigners for everything?

Some might suggest that we should be moving away from that kind of shit."

What is this science you talk about?

golden fields

"Agree Tory / Labour two cheeks of the same arse , time for a change so I'll be voting Reform .

Some might suggest that we should be moving away from that kind of shit.

What is this science you talk about?"

Science: the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation, experimentation, and the testing of theories against the evidence obtained.

golden fields

"Or how about nobody votes for no party at the General Election "

Compulsory voting?

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 7 weeks ago

Gilfach

"Or how about nobody votes for no party at the General Election"

"Compulsory voting?"

Compulsory voting for a party. It looks like independent candidates aren't an option.

By *ove2pleaseseukMan 7 weeks ago

Hastings

"Or how about nobody votes for no party at the General Election "

None of the above "Brusters millions" good film.

golden fields

"Or how about nobody votes for no party at the General Election

Compulsory voting?

Compulsory voting for a party. It looks like independent candidates aren't an option."

Yeah they'd be out of the game under the proposal from the chap I replied to.

By *ermbiMan 6 weeks ago

Ballyshannon

"New to voting who to vote for? In the next GE . With 14 years of success I will be staying with the Conservatives . The politics of spite and envy have little appeal. Just imagine how much worse things would be with a labour government. Angela Rayner referred to voters as scum. People with such disrespect should not be allowed anywhere near Parliament. "

Where have u been for 14 years? Have you not lived through this pathetic excuse of a government. Shambles

By *andu66Couple 6 weeks ago

South Devon

If anything sums up that people should not vote this government back in, it's this post, it's the best advert ever... Do you honestly think people believe this?...I hope it's a wind up, if not keep posting

By *eroy1000Man 6 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Agree Tory / Labour two cheeks of the same arse , time for a change so I'll be voting Reform ."

I'm hearing that response more and more recently in regards to the reform party. They are certainly on the up with pollsters though gaining seats at a GE is often a different thing altogether as the old brexit party and green party found out

By *hitsbayMan 6 weeks ago

Whitstable

I don't know about _orses and ponies more like what a load of pony and trap.

By *usybee73Man 6 weeks ago

in the sticks

Wouldn't bother, it's not going to effect you, go to work, pay tax and get shit value for money... nothing will change

By *chpunkeeMan 6 weeks ago

knutsford

Allow me to throw a new debate in here.

The conservative dogma is what removed the UK manufacturing base.

The UK economy is now dominated by the service sector.

If you look at the most economically successful countries, US, China, India, parts of EU, LATAM all have a manufacturing base. Why is it important, because the exchange of goods helps to bump start an economy.

Services do not!

So it is not so simple as vote Reform as most Reform politicians could not explain how to develop an economy.

In fact the biggest problem that the country has is that whereas Parliament used to be filled with a variety of professions, capable of having real debate; now the majority are career politicians with little knowledge of business and the real world that we all live in.

The UK needs a change from majority rule to enable change. It needs inward investment and to motivate young people to learn trades and skills that do not involve computers/ offices. To turn the economy round money needs to flow into manufacturing making real products that can be sold and exported.

This is a boring back to basics view however look around and understand how other countries are successful and then start asking tough questions to your prospective parliamentary candidates.

By *AFKA HovisMan 6 weeks ago

Sindon Swingdon Swindon

exact quote pls.

By *aribbean King 1985Man 6 weeks ago

South West London

It's good to know that some people in here are wising up to the fact that both Tories and Labour are 2 sides of the same coin and not vote for them. The more people get it the better

By *altenkommandoMan 6 weeks ago

milton keynes

Fuck voting, I’d say it’s time for a Coup. Assuming of course that Ajax could actually leave Bovingdon and PoW and Big Liz could set sail. We’d have to leave the RAF at home, obviously, as the regime change would take place at a weekend.

By *ebauchedDeviantsPt2Couple 6 weeks ago

Cumbria

"Fuck voting, I’d say it’s time for a Coup. Assuming of course that Ajax could actually leave Bovingdon and PoW and Big Liz could set sail. We’d have to leave the RAF at home, obviously, as the regime change would take place at a weekend. "

Perhaps you could start some sort of putsch, maybe in a bierkeller?

» Add a new message to this topic