FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Mental Health Work Crisis.

Mental Health Work Crisis.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man 7 weeks ago

Chelmsford

This is not politics per say but Ministers belittling doctors who sign off a patient with mental health after a 7 minute appointment and sugesting that most mental problems are minor and the self respect of working and receiving a pay packet is he way to recovery. Are Ministers the new doctors? What's going on here. It's all over the news

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Chichester

Good job those ministers are medically qualified. Phewwww

By *allySlinkyWoman 7 weeks ago

Leeds

"Good job those ministers are medically qualified. Phewwww "

Ministers appear to be qualified in everything. They can switch from being Minister for Defence to Chancellor of the Exchequer to Minister for Health with no apparant need for retraining. It is reasurring we now have a Minister for Common Sense.

By *icecouple561Couple 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Some members of the current government seem intent on turning the clock back 100 years

By *allySlinkyWoman 7 weeks ago

Leeds

"Some members of the current government seem intent on turning the clock back 100 years"

Jacob Rees-Mogg to name one

By *icecouple561Couple 7 weeks ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Some members of the current government seem intent on turning the clock back 100 years

Jacob Rees-Mogg to name one"

He's very 'traditional' isn't he.

By *melie LALWoman 7 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Good job those ministers are medically qualified. Phewwww "

You could tell that during the pandemic

By *melie LALWoman 7 weeks ago

Peterborough

"Good job those ministers are medically qualified. Phewwww

Ministers appear to be qualified in everything. They can switch from being Minister for Defence to Chancellor of the Exchequer to Minister for Health with no apparant need for retraining. It is reasurring we now have a Minister for Common Sense. "

If she has common sense she'll sack her colleagues

By *ophieslutTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Central

It's again indicative of the current lot not being in touch with the real people of the country. Unaware, not from the same world, living more wealthy lives and lacking in compassion.

We know appointments are short and hard to get as well as that there is a real problem in mental health services. Doctors are very concerned about their patients and don't eagerly rush people with genuine problems.

Funnily enough, I sense that there's no connection in the man's mind between the crises in the country and his party's government over 14 years .

By *idnight RamblerMan 7 weeks ago

Pershore

The new doctors are all the med school grads on FAB

By *exyusMan 7 weeks ago

halifax

A lot of it is called LIFE and maybe lots can't cope! Also mental health wellbeing etc is the new buzzwords and a massive industry has been built on the back of it!

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 7 weeks ago

nearby

Is it any wonder there’s a mental health crises

Mortgages doubled, highest tax rises in 70 years, rent up 9%, energy and food inflation albeit now falling, less people in decent pensions, can’t get a doctors appointment or nhs dentist. Ulez charging you for driving an old car you can afford, rail and bus fares up, working longer before receiving a deferred state pension your entitled to, increased poverty and homelessness. To mention just a few.

By *ary_ArgyllMan 7 weeks ago

Argyll

"Is it any wonder there’s a mental health crises

Mortgages doubled, highest tax rises in 70 years, rent up 9%, energy and food inflation albeit now falling, less people in decent pensions, can’t get a doctors appointment or nhs dentist. Ulez charging you for driving an old car you can afford, rail and bus fares up, working longer before receiving a deferred state pension your entitled to, increased poverty and homelessness. To mention just a few. "

I agree, plus I think longer lasting impacts of COVID are also an important factor overall.

By *itonthesideWoman 7 weeks ago

tenerife

[Removed by poster at 22/03/24 10:09:42]

By *itonthesideWoman 7 weeks ago

tenerife

As someone who went to a doctor appointment for a change to my contraception because i was exhausted all the time since they last changed it, but came out about 7 minutes later with a years prescription of anti depressants from a doctor i never met before i think he has a point. I didn’t take the tablets, waited months on the referral for counselling to come through, went to the appt and explained and they said yep ups and downs in life are a natural thing. Some “depression” is situational (i had just gone through a breakup) and seems like you’ve dealt with them fine and i will write back to say referral not required.

I was offered time off too but didn’t take it because I knew if i sat at home dwelling on the fact a medical professional had just told me i am not coping with my own life i would have crumbled.

Now i know lots of people have clinical depression and a multitude of other mental health difficulties, but assessing you in minutes and sending you out the door with a sticky plaster in the form of medication or time off without any assessment of the cause is not how it should be approached.

By *I TwoCouple 7 weeks ago

all around

"Is it any wonder there’s a mental health crises

Mortgages doubled, highest tax rises in 70 years, rent up 9%, energy and food inflation albeit now falling, less people in decent pensions, can’t get a doctors appointment or nhs dentist. Ulez charging you for driving an old car you can afford, rail and bus fares up, working longer before receiving a deferred state pension your entitled to, increased poverty and homelessness. To mention just a few.

I agree, plus I think longer lasting impacts of COVID are also an important factor overall."

The most lasting and detrimental effect of COVID is that millions of people became addicted to social media and actually believe what's on YouTube and twitter is real.

People are now so easy to manipulate

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 7 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Its why we keep saying the unelected government officials need ripping out and replacing.

» Add a new message to this topic