FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Minimum wage increase

Minimum wage increase

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *I Two OP   Couple 5 weeks ago

all around

So ... Happy days or sad days

Will the wage increase come from the magic money tree or will prices rise by 15% to cover wages rise and employers contributions.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *igNick1381Man 5 weeks ago

BRIDGEND

"So ... Happy days or sad days

Will the wage increase come from the magic money tree or will prices rise by 15% to cover wages rise and employers contributions.

"

Unfortunately I'd put money on the 2nd option

Large companies are undeniably overcharging using a multitude of excuses but as there's no check's or balances for them they won't stop

Wage's will always be chasing the cost of things, and I can't see them catching up ever

By *eroy1000Man 5 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

I would guess price rises to cover the extra costs though some places may be able to absorb more of it than others. There is no magic money tree for private business as far as I know.

By *hoirCouple 5 weeks ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"

The true minimum wage is zero. You should be paid what you are worth.

C

By *ess n BenCouple 5 weeks ago

Didcot

We have always paid our staff more than the minimum wage

It’s the employees who make a business successful

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

I tend to think that organisations should be forced to justify every time that they employ someone on the minimum wage, which should be a rock bottom safety net, rather than it becoming a typical wage.

Pricing will have already factored in this year's wages, which probably means that we're already paying more for things, in anticipation of the rises. Wages are generally very low and little has changed since the financial crash, many years ago.

all around

Is it right that a 21 year old living at home gets paid the same as someone trying to bring up a family ?

By *iman2100Man 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Many years ago, a Labour MP, addressing the perceived underpayment of the workers, said "I look forward to the day when everyone earns more than the national average wage".

By *hoirCouple 5 weeks ago

Bury St Edmunds/Clacton

"Many years ago, a Labour MP, addressing the perceived underpayment of the workers, said "I look forward to the day when everyone earns more than the national average wage". "

Because they, like so many others, know nothing about economics.

C

By *enSiskoMan 5 weeks ago

Cestus 3

The living wage is designed to keep wages low for a large number of people in certain industries, like social care factory work etc.

best to get rid of it and pay what the job is worth i.e up with the cost of living.

By *itonthesideWoman 5 weeks ago

tenerife

"Is it right that a 21 year old living at home gets paid the same as someone trying to bring up a family ?"

If they are doing the same job? Yes.

Its not your employers job to subsidise the price of your life choices. Their job is to pay you a fair wage for the work performed. Where you live and how you spend that wage is then up to you

all around

"The living wage is designed to keep wages low for a large number of people in certain industries, like social care factory work etc.

best to get rid of it and pay what the job is worth i.e up with the cost of living."

When in reality some would almost certainly go down.

» Add a new message to this topic