FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Ukraine strikes target 1200 kilometres into russia .

Ukraine strikes target 1200 kilometres into russia .

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man 5 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

I was impressed how ukraine managed to strike a target so far away, it hit oil refinery nearby nizhnekamsk.

What is your view of it, do you also think that this is a critical moment in the war?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ostindreamsMan 5 weeks ago

London

It's a good move tbh. Russia has lot if resources which they can keep spending. They can also conscript as many people as they want. Ruling parties keep changing in the countries which are providing support to Ukraine. So a battle of patience for years would result in Ukraine continuosly losing territory.

Ukraine has to use opportunities to hit Russia when possible.

By *hagTonight OP   Man 5 weeks ago

From the land of haribos.

"It's a good move tbh. Russia has lot if resources which they can keep spending. They can also conscript as many people as they want. Ruling parties keep changing in the countries which are providing support to Ukraine. So a battle of patience for years would result in Ukraine continuosly losing territory.

Ukraine has to use opportunities to hit Russia when possible."

Yes. I also think that it is a good move, they are doing a good job of defending themselves and yes, they should use every opportunity to strike back too

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 5 weeks ago

nearby

Russia has 140 million population and Putin another six year mandate to use them as cannon fodder

Half of the weapons from Ukraine’s allies arrived late, and Fergal Keanes recent bbc report said Ukraine had suffered 380k casualties.

With regret I don’t see Ukraine making any meaningful progress. Allies are reluctant to send the war planes which is what is needed

By *I TwoCouple 5 weeks ago

all around

Short of a miracle Ukraine is fooked

Pootin will make sure Russia is better prepared before his next land grab

By *allguynowMan 5 weeks ago

durham

"Short of a miracle Ukraine is fooked

"

No its not. Putin will not be allowed to win. The world will not allow him to win. Sooner or later he will get his comeuppance. All dictators fail. All empires fail. Hopefully some Russian general will put a bullet in his head.

By *exbecs12Woman 5 weeks ago

Land of roman gods

I did some history lesson on many things irking me.

Land of roman gods

Try Ottoman empire

Try Btitish empire

Two evils who know no better.

Orchestrated war.

Land of roman gods

"I was impressed how ukraine managed to strike a target so far away, it hit oil refinery nearby nizhnekamsk.

What is your view of it, do you also think that this is a critical moment in the war?"

No. Not bizarre

By *mateur100Man 5 weeks ago

nr faversham

Glad to see someone remembers the invasion of Ukraine because if Putin gets his way the comfy EU is in serious shit

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 5 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

Ukraine should have been given a lot more ammunition than it has at the moment. The only Western leader talkimg sense these days is Macron.

By *estivalMan 5 weeks ago

borehamwood

No its not. Putin will not be allowed to win. The world will not allow him to win. Sooner or later he will get his comeuppance. All dictators fail. All empires fail. Hopefully some Russian general will put a bullet in his head. "

if you really think ukraine has any chance of winning i have a bridge to sell you, there out of weapons out of ammo and quickly running out of bodies, only way they get all there lands back is if the west puts boots on the ground and that aint gona happen, most european countries armed forces are in the same sorry state as our own

By *I TwoCouple 5 weeks ago

all around

No its not. Putin will not be allowed to win. The world will not allow him to win. Sooner or later he will get his comeuppance. All dictators fail. All empires fail. Hopefully some Russian general will put a bullet in his head. "

What makes you think the general that puts a bullet in Putin's head will be any better as a dictator?

By *ustintime69Man 5 weeks ago

Bristol

The only way this ends is badly as even if we could wean ourselves off Russian oil and gas and hit him in his wallet, there are so many other places in the world that would happily buy it (even under threat of sanction's) especially given that he already has funded a grey fleet of tankers to do this.

There is a lot of apocalyptic talk going about at the moment which suggests either a huge market crash or a continental war may be coming and in that case I doubt very much that the US will be able to bale us out like they did in the Second World War and I am not convinced they would want to especially if trump gets in again

Sorry I don’t usually indulge in that kind of fear mongering but I am worried more now than I have been for a long time….blame it on rudderless government and their psychodramas

By *amantMan 5 weeks ago

Alnmouth

"The only way this ends is badly as even if we could wean ourselves off Russian oil and gas and hit him in his wallet, there are so many other places in the world that would happily buy it (even under threat of sanction's) especially given that he already has funded a grey fleet of tankers to do this.

There is a lot of apocalyptic talk going about at the moment which suggests either a huge market crash or a continental war may be coming and in that case I doubt very much that the US will be able to bale us out like they did in the Second World War and I am not convinced they would want to especially if trump gets in again

Sorry I don’t usually indulge in that kind of fear mongering but I am worried more now than I have been for a long time….blame it on rudderless government and their psychodramas "

Trump getting back in would be potentially catastrophic. Though I remain unconvinced an emboldened Russia would be able to secure serious victories on NATO's Eastern flank. Sweden and Finland's accession into the alliance means additional troops and resources which can be drafted in. For all the talk of a 'small incursion', it would not be enough to conquer vast swathes of territory. Consider, Ukraine has no functioning Navy and Russia has enjoyed numerical, in addition to air, superiority over Ukraine since the start of the full-scale invasion. After 2 years, they are still unable to secure Kharkiv or Odesa. Even if we assume a sort of worst case scenario and that collapse is imminent, how long will it take for Russia to recover? And who is to say civilians living in an occupied Ukraine will just accept their fate? Large numbers of Russian soldiers will have to be stationed in Ukraine just to suppress (oppress) the Ukrainian population. How do we seriously expect a Russian armed forces having lost so much in Ukraine, being tied to fighting a guerilla war larger than they've ever experienced and also launching an offensive against NATO? They are not a paper tiger, they pose a credible threat and will cost the lives of countless numbers of people across Europe but there is little credible evidence in assuming a Russian advance into NATO territory would be rapid.

By *mateur100Man 5 weeks ago

nr faversham

"The only way this ends is badly as even if we could wean ourselves off Russian oil and gas and hit him in his wallet, there are so many other places in the world that would happily buy it (even under threat of sanction's) especially given that he already has funded a grey fleet of tankers to do this.

Sorry I don’t usually indulge in that kind of fear mongering but I am worried more now than I have been for a long time….blame it on rudderless government and their psychodramas

Trump getting back in would be potentially catastrophic. Though I remain unconvinced an emboldened Russia would be able to secure serious victories on NATO's Eastern flank. Sweden and Finland's accession into the alliance means additional troops and resources which can be drafted in. For all the talk of a 'small incursion', it would not be enough to conquer vast swathes of territory. Consider, Ukraine has no functioning Navy and Russia has enjoyed numerical, in addition to air, superiority over Ukraine since the start of the full-scale invasion. After 2 years, they are still unable to secure Kharkiv or Odesa. Even if we assume a sort of worst case scenario and that collapse is imminent, how long will it take for Russia to recover? And who is to say civilians living in an occupied Ukraine will just accept their fate? Large numbers of Russian soldiers will have to be stationed in Ukraine just to suppress (oppress) the Ukrainian population. How do we seriously expect a Russian armed forces having lost so much in Ukraine, being tied to fighting a guerilla war larger than they've ever experienced and also launching an offensive against NATO? They are not a paper tiger, they pose a credible threat and will cost the lives of countless numbers of people across Europe but there is little credible evidence in assuming a Russian advance into NATO territory would be rapid. "

"trump getting back in would be potentially catastrophic" makes it every bit as likely to be the exact opposite

By *otbeefandonionsCouple 5 weeks ago

Bathgate

Probably see a lot more of this behind the lines action, striking at russian infrastructure.

Unfortunately though, it will probably push more support for Putin from his people as they will see it as well reported aggression against them, as opposed to heavily censored reporting from the battlefields of Ukraine.

By *ustintime69Man 5 weeks ago

Bristol

I guess the closest thing to what we are seeing now in Ukraine is what was done to Chechnya, and also by proxy to Syria, which is the wanton destruction of cities and peoples without remorse until, even if they are eventually forced to retreat in the end, the Russians leave a wake of devastation that takes decades to recover from at huge cost!

» Add a new message to this topic