FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How They Broke Britain

How They Broke Britain

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple 4 weeks ago

North West

Anyone else read or is in the process of reading this book.

It really is very eye opening and asks a really important question as to how we all have been complacent in allowing people in power to run roughshod over us for years.

The stories and allegations are so ghastly when detailed one after the other that it seems almost impossible that we have just let these things happen and no one has really paid for their errors, lies, deception and incompetence.

Before anyone says anything about the author being James O’Brien I would say that he must have researched the accuracy of the book in minutia detail as virtually every page has an allegation that would warrant libel action were it to be untrue.

Do yourselves a favour and read it if you haven’t already done so.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *atEvolutionCouple 4 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"Before anyone says anything about the author being James O’Brien I would say that he must have researched the accuracy of the book in minutia detail as virtually every page has an allegation that would warrant libel action were it to be untrue."

Hmmm. There are many reasons why Libels aren't undertaken against publishers - yet they can still contain fundamental libels.

1. Cost to take to court.

2. He is a qualified Journalist - protection of the courts to protect sources - allows for lots of Libel. He can just qualify his research with he/said/she said etc. And my source is protected by the court.

3. Truth.

4. Honest Opinion.

5. Publication on a matter of public interest and Privilege (Qualified or Absolute).

6. Consent.

Proving Libel is a nightmare as its defences are in the dozens. Only one needs to fail for the Libel to be thrown out of court. And that doesn't mean that any of the 'Libel' was true.

Have a read through McNae's ELJ to see what I mean.

(We have a BBC Radio Journalist in the Family)

North West

""Before anyone says anything about the author being James O’Brien I would say that he must have researched the accuracy of the book in minutia detail as virtually every page has an allegation that would warrant libel action were it to be untrue."

Hmmm. There are many reasons why Libels aren't undertaken against publishers - yet they can still contain fundamental libels.

1. Cost to take to court.

2. He is a qualified Journalist - protection of the courts to protect sources - allows for lots of Libel. He can just qualify his research with he/said/she said etc. And my source is protected by the court.

3. Truth.

4. Honest Opinion.

5. Publication on a matter of public interest and Privilege (Qualified or Absolute).

6. Consent.

Proving Libel is a nightmare as its defences are in the dozens. Only one needs to fail for the Libel to be thrown out of court. And that doesn't mean that any of the 'Libel' was true.

Have a read through McNae's ELJ to see what I mean.

(We have a BBC Radio Journalist in the Family)

"

Not to this degree. It’s staggering what he is accusing people of - and a lot of them too.

One of those people could easily have taken exception to any one of things that he said - but AFAIK - they haven’t.

By *astandFeistyCouple 4 weeks ago

Bournemouth

I read the review from The Guardian, think I'll save my money.

[Removed by poster at 10/04/24 19:57:32]

A Politician can always argue. 'I was acting in the best interest of the public and the common cause of the Party'. To defend against libel.

The person libelling a politician can argue that 'it was generally felt by many others (and remember source protections here). . .' As an adequate defence.

Why would a Politician try to beat that wall down?

It sets the libel up to be bigger than the actual story in the end. Bearing in mind that the case may run for years and be costing on a weekly basis before it ever sees light of day in a open court.

Also. Perhaps it's better not to trust someone who wasn't actually there in the live event.

Better to take it as an opinion coloured by your own beliefs.

Remember there is money to be made here by the author-lots of money!

It is commonly thought in English Law that libel cases bankrupt both parties.

Add. Read widely. Read wisely. And even then we never actually do know the truth

By *he Man Who Loves CurvesMan 4 weeks ago

LONDON

Neoliberalism broke this country & nothing else:the Bible of this insanity by Hayek is appropriately named “THE ROAD TO SERFDOM”.

By *orses and PoniesMan 4 weeks ago

Ealing

It is rather ironic that those whom he criticises were elected by the electorate . The politicians to whom he refers are very successfull people

The opinions of the electorate and their votes will take preference over someone who is attempting to make money by selling a book. The book author is neither open minded or impartial.

North West

"It is rather ironic that those whom he criticises were elected by the electorate . The politicians to whom he refers are very successfull people

The opinions of the electorate and their votes will take preference over someone who is attempting to make money by selling a book. The book author is neither open minded or impartial. "

You are wrong. Rupert Murdoch and Paul Dacre were not elected. However, they did openly conspire to assist others to be elected and this forms the whole premise of the story that we as the general public have been let down by a Press who instead of holding power the account, used their influence to manipulate power for commercial benefit.

North West

"Neoliberalism broke this country & nothing else:the Bible of this insanity by Hayek is appropriately named “THE ROAD TO SERFDOM”."

Ok, right. Lol

LONDON

"Neoliberalism broke this country & nothing else:the Bible of this insanity by Hayek is appropriately named “THE ROAD TO SERFDOM”.

Ok, right. Lol "

I don’t know why you’re laughing given that we are living in a dystopia created by the ideas postulated in this book:Thatcherism obviously passed you by….

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 4 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

You just have to watch normal coverage in news to see how corrupt our leadership is. The Royals wanting to build lots of leasehold homes on their land. 3 British citizens killed by a foreign state yet we continue to sell arms to them. Could go on but you get the idea.

By *rDiscretionXXXMan 4 weeks ago

Gilfach

"You just have to watch normal coverage in news to see how corrupt our leadership is. The Royals wanting to build lots of leasehold homes on their land. 3 British citizens killed by a foreign state yet we continue to sell arms to them. Could go on but you get the idea."

How does the royal family's desire to build new houses demonstrate corruption in government?

By *mateur100Man 4 weeks ago

nr faversham

I have met and had a discussion of approximately 40 mins with Mr O'Brien and I found him to be a wholly objectionable far left leaning individual...I would assume he was similarly unimpressed with me but im not a public figure or someone seeking attention

LONDON

"You just have to watch normal coverage in news to see how corrupt our leadership is. The Royals wanting to build lots of leasehold homes on their land. 3 British citizens killed by a foreign state yet we continue to sell arms to them. Could go on but you get the idea."

30,000 dead Palestinians isn’t enough to pull the plug on supplying Israel with arms but kill three Brits & questions are raised in the house

The British state is saying those 30,000 aren’t important at all otherwise the plug would be pulled on one of the great Fascist states on the planet.

North West

"I have met and had a discussion of approximately 40 mins with Mr O'Brien and I found him to be a wholly objectionable far left leaning individual...I would assume he was similarly unimpressed with me but im not a public figure or someone seeking attention "

Do you find facts and historical accuracy to be objectionable?

By *0shadesOfFilthMan 4 weeks ago

nearby

"You just have to watch normal coverage in news to see how corrupt our leadership is. The Royals wanting to build lots of leasehold homes on their land. 3 British citizens killed by a foreign state yet we continue to sell arms to them. Could go on but you get the idea.

30,000 dead Palestinians isn’t enough to pull the plug on supplying Israel with arms but kill three Brits & questions are raised in the house

The British state is saying those 30,000 aren’t important at all otherwise the plug would be pulled on one of the great Fascist states on the planet."

The irony that the RAF ran over 50 spy plane sortees identifying targets for IDF to drop 15000 USA bombs to make Gaza look like Mariupol and 1.5 million people homeless.

And now our same RAF are air dropping aid into the Rafah concentration camp they helped create

By *oubleswing2019Man 4 weeks ago

Colchester

"The irony that the RAF ran over 50 spy plane sortees identifying targets for IDF to drop 15000 USA bombs to make Gaza look like Mariupol and 1.5 million people homeless.

And now our same RAF are air dropping aid into the Rafah concentration camp they helped create "

All courtesy of the UK tax-payer.

It's a sobering thought to think that the 20% tax paid for a Disney toy for my niece, bought a bullet for an IDF soldier who shot and killed a little girl my niece's age, probably running around with the same toy.

That makes me involuntarily and indirectly complicit.

By *otMe66Man 4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

[Removed by poster at 12/04/24 07:31:02]

By *irldnCouple 4 weeks ago

Brighton

"[Removed by poster at 12/04/24 07:31:02]"

You keep doing that lately. All very mysterious

Terra Firma

"The irony that the RAF ran over 50 spy plane sortees identifying targets for IDF to drop 15000 USA bombs to make Gaza look like Mariupol and 1.5 million people homeless.

And now our same RAF are air dropping aid into the Rafah concentration camp they helped create

All courtesy of the UK tax-payer.

It's a sobering thought to think that the 20% tax paid for a Disney toy for my niece, bought a bullet for an IDF soldier who shot and killed a little girl my niece's age, probably running around with the same toy.

"

This is obviously a fictional scenario, I’m guessing saying you object to arms sales is not enough of the right message?

Terra Firma

"[Removed by poster at 12/04/24 07:31:02]

You keep doing that lately. All very mysterious "

You should try it sometime

By *idnight RamblerMan 4 weeks ago

Pershore

The tinfoil hat brigade are always blaming 'they' for something. So is it Deep State? Bankers? The Rothschilds? The Knights Templar? Who are 'they' exactly?

Terra Firma

"The tinfoil hat brigade are always blaming 'they' for something. So is it Deep State? Bankers? The Rothschilds? The Knights Templar? Who are 'they' exactly?"

Those that make peoples lives a failure, they are evil people and need exposing

Gilfach

"It's a sobering thought to think that the 20% tax paid for a Disney toy for my niece, bought a bullet for an IDF soldier who shot and killed a little girl my niece's age, probably running around with the same toy.

That makes me involuntarily and indirectly complicit."

That's a very unlikely scenario.

Much more likely is that the little girl was shot with a bullet supplied by the US, and paid for with the taxes received from Disney after your toy purchase. That would make you voluntarily complicit since you chose to purchase an American product.

If you want to have a clear conscience, just boycott Disney.

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 4 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

"You just have to watch normal coverage in news to see how corrupt our leadership is. The Royals wanting to build lots of leasehold homes on their land. 3 British citizens killed by a foreign state yet we continue to sell arms to them. Could go on but you get the idea.

How does the royal family's desire to build new houses demonstrate corruption in government?"

Because the government swears loyalty to the Crown, not to it's people.

Gilfach

"How does the royal family's desire to build new houses demonstrate corruption in government?"

"Because the government swears loyalty to the Crown, not to it's people."

The crown is an institution, not a person. The crown is represented by the monarch, but King and Crown are not the same thing.

Besides that, the government has sworn allegiance to the Crown, represented by the monarch, one of whose family wants to build some houses. Where is the corruption?

LONDON

"I have met and had a discussion of approximately 40 mins with Mr O'Brien and I found him to be a wholly objectionable far left leaning individual...I would assume he was similarly unimpressed with me but im not a public figure or someone seeking attention

Do you find facts and historical accuracy to be objectionable?"

He can’t help having a thicker Temporal Lobe….

By *oubleswing2019Man 4 weeks ago

Colchester

"It's a sobering thought to think that the 20% tax paid for a Disney toy for my niece, bought a bullet for an IDF soldier who shot and killed a little girl my niece's age, probably running around with the same toy.

That's a very unlikely scenario.

Much more likely is that the little girl was shot with a bullet supplied by the US, and paid for with the taxes received from Disney after your toy purchase. That would make you voluntarily complicit since you chose to purchase an American product.

If you want to have a clear conscience, just boycott Disney."

I agree, your possibility does have more merit and likelihood.

I do lie in bed at night, wondering who my taxes have killed that day and whether it was justified or not.

By *altenkommandoMan 3 weeks ago

milton keynes

"

Before anyone says anything about the author being James O’Brien I would say that he must have researched the accuracy of the book in minutia detail

Do yourselves a favour and read it if you haven’t already done so."

I’ll do myself a favour and use it as toilet paper because no amount of research prevents James O’Brien from being a cunt.

» Add a new message to this topic