FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Paul Marshall

Paul Marshall

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

North West

The man who has been bankrolling GB News seemingly has seen what is coming and has abandoned ship. With no other deep pocketed benefactors prepared to lose money hand over fist on a weekly basis, how long can GB News continue spouting divisive and inflammatory nonsense without a sugar daddy?

Point of Order… at the time of printing “How They Broke Britain” did not even warrant a mention.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orses and PoniesMan 3 weeks ago

Ealing

"The man who has been bankrolling GB News seemingly has seen what is coming and has abandoned ship. With no other deep pocketed benefactors prepared to lose money hand over fist on a weekly basis, how long can GB News continue spouting divisive and inflammatory nonsense without a sugar daddy?

Point of Order… at the time of printing “How They Broke Britain” did not even warrant a mention."

. There is no evidence that he has abandoned ship.

He is considering making a bid for another publication and still had his shares in GB news . On a simplistic basis he has resigned as a director, he has not withdrawn any of his funding

By *ammskiMan 3 weeks ago

lytham st.annes

"The man who has been bankrolling GB News seemingly has seen what is coming and has abandoned ship. With no other deep pocketed benefactors prepared to lose money hand over fist on a weekly basis, how long can GB News continue spouting divisive and inflammatory nonsense without a sugar daddy?

Point of Order… at the time of printing “How They Broke Britain” did not even warrant a mention.. There is no evidence that he has abandoned ship.

He is considering making a bid for another publication and still had his shares in GB news . On a simplistic basis he has resigned as a director, he has not withdrawn any of his funding "

You do post some clap trap Pat

North West

Point of Order… at the time of printing “How They Broke Britain” did not even warrant a mention.. There is no evidence that he has abandoned ship.

He is considering making a bid for another publication and still had his shares in GB news . On a simplistic basis he has resigned as a director, he has not withdrawn any of his funding "

No one has said that he is withdrawing the funding he has already put in. He can’t do that anyway as it is now effectively lost.

He is just not putting any more into the sinking ship.

By *astandFeistyCouple 3 weeks ago

Bournemouth

He is stepping down from the board. There has been no news on him selling his investment, nor anything about him refusing to further invest.

North West

"He is stepping down from the board. There has been no news on him selling his investment, nor anything about him refusing to further invest. "

I’d say he was mad to invest in GB News even though as a Director he could have steered the channel in the direction that suited his interests. However, he is undoubtably a very bright man and so maybe he did have an agenda to steer the channel in a way that he thought would give him some kind of return.

If he is as bright as I am giving him credit to be, why would he continue to invest in a channel that he would have no opportunity to steer? There would be neither financial, nor ideological benefit.

Bournemouth

"He is stepping down from the board. There has been no news on him selling his investment, nor anything about him refusing to further invest.

I’d say he was mad to invest in GB News even though as a Director he could have steered the channel in the direction that suited his interests. However, he is undoubtably a very bright man and so maybe he did have an agenda to steer the channel in a way that he thought would give him some kind of return.

If he is as bright as I am giving him credit to be, why would he continue to invest in a channel that he would have no opportunity to steer? There would be neither financial, nor ideological benefit."

Does it matter why he would? A financial investment is just that, a financial investment.

All the rest is just your speculation.

North West

"He is stepping down from the board. There has been no news on him selling his investment, nor anything about him refusing to further invest.

If he is as bright as I am giving him credit to be, why would he continue to invest in a channel that he would have no opportunity to steer? There would be neither financial, nor ideological benefit.

Does it matter why he would? A financial investment is just that, a financial investment.

All the rest is just your speculation. "

Ok - let’s park this here then and see what happens and if he decides to abandon his idealistic interest but keeps throwing money away anyway. He was dense enough to invest in GB news at the outset so maybe he is daft enough to keep throwing money down the drain.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 3 weeks ago

golden fields

Ok - let’s park this here then and see what happens and if he decides to abandon his idealistic interest but keeps throwing money away anyway. He was dense enough to invest in GB news at the outset so maybe he is daft enough to keep throwing money down the drain."

Do we know GB news won't become profitable?

People love some conspiracy based distraction and spreading hate based rhetoric.

Bournemouth

Ok - let’s park this here then and see what happens and if he decides to abandon his idealistic interest but keeps throwing money away anyway. He was dense enough to invest in GB news at the outset so maybe he is daft enough to keep throwing money down the drain."

You see it as 'throwing money away', he clearly sees it as a long term investment. They gave themselves a target of 2028 to be the biggest news channel, they are working towards that.

The guy is so fucking dense he's managed to amass a nearly £700m fortune.

North West

Ok - let’s park this here then and see what happens and if he decides to abandon his idealistic interest but keeps throwing money away anyway. He was dense enough to invest in GB news at the outset so maybe he is daft enough to keep throwing money down the drain.

You see it as 'throwing money away', he clearly sees it as a long term investment. They gave themselves a target of 2028 to be the biggest news channel, they are working towards that.

The guy is so fucking dense he's managed to amass a nearly £700m fortune. "

I did try to suggest that he was bright and being bright would not continue funding if he couldn’t control the direction, but you seemed to believe that he would. That suggests he is not very bright - I do though maintain that he is and that is why I am fairly sure that he will not continue to throw good money after bad if he is not even in a position to control what is happening with his investment.

Bournemouth

The guy is so fucking dense he's managed to amass a nearly £700m fortune.

I did try to suggest that he was bright and being bright would not continue funding if he couldn’t control the direction, but you seemed to believe that he would. That suggests he is not very bright - I do though maintain that he is and that is why I am fairly sure that he will not continue to throw good money after bad if he is not even in a position to control what is happening with his investment. "

Where did I suggest he would?

I stated that there have been no reports he wouldn't, other than your own speculation.

By *orses and PoniesMan 3 weeks ago

Ealing

He is a former sipporter of the Liberal Democrats . In addition a donater to many charitable causes and actively involved in the Church of England . It looks like he wants to make the world a better place and is prepared to use his own money, not rely on others.

By *oversfunCouple 3 weeks ago

ayrshire

Dont really know much about the guy,apart from what ive read online,he seems an ok guy how does alot for charity and uses his own money

» Add a new message to this topic