FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Cass report

Cass report

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *otMe66 OP   Man 4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

I was expecting to see a thread on the findings, in the absence of anything I can find here, I Will ask what the people of the forum think?

So, what did you think of the report?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oubleswing2019Man 4 weeks ago

Colchester

"I was expecting to see a thread on the findings, in the absence of anything I can find here, I Will ask what the people of the forum think?

So, what did you think of the report?"

I'll quote the publicly published statement from Dr Roman Raczka, President-Elect of the BPS (British Psychological Society).

I think it's fair, balanced, and supportive of Dr. Cass's recommendations and observations.

"We want to commend Dr Hilary Cass for her thorough and sensitive review into an area that is highly complex and controversial to many.

All too often, the way this controversy has played out in public has been damaging to the very children, young people and families desperately seeking help. We wholeheartedly join Dr Cass’s call for an end to the deeply concerning, public bullying and vilification of professionals working in this challenging area.

The prescribing of puberty blockers has received a great deal of focus both in wider discussions about gender, and within the report itself.

We agree with Dr Cass that the controversy around this issue has sometimes taken focus away from the important role of psychological interventions in gender services to support young people and their families.

We agree that it’s vital to create a sound evidence base and better understanding of the long-term effects of puberty blockers and the need for more data in this area to help young people make informed decisions about their treatment and to support the clinicians providing care and treatment.

Dr Cass and her team have produced a thought-provoking, detailed and wide-ranging list of recommendations, which will have implications for all professionals working with gender-questioning children and young people.

It will take time to carefully review and respond to the whole report, but I am sure that psychology, as a profession, will reflect and learn lessons from the review, its findings and recommendations.

We warmly welcome the recommendation to establish a consortium of relevant professional bodies to identify gaps in professional training and develop training materials to upskill the workforce. As the body that accredits professional training courses for psychologists and the wider psychological workforce in the UK, the BPS looks forward to contributing to this important work as it develops.”

By *melie LALWoman 4 weeks ago

Peterborough

"I was expecting to see a thread on the findings, in the absence of anything I can find here, I Will ask what the people of the forum think?

So, what did you think of the report?"

This must be what is being discussed in the virus forum.

By *otMe66 OP   Man 4 weeks ago

Terra Firma

So, what did you think of the report?

This must be what is being discussed in the virus forum."

Strange place for it, but I think I’m correct it’s not in here?

Anything to add on the report?

» Add a new message to this topic