FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Moscow ready if west wants to fight for Ukraine on battlefield

Moscow ready if west wants to fight for Ukraine on battlefield

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *0shadesOfFilth OP   Man 5 weeks ago

nearby

Is this the dangerous next five years Sunak is talking about today ?

Macron intimated he’d be up for ground troops

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustintime69Man 5 weeks ago

Bristol

Yep when the economic prospects are shit there’s always war to fall back on

By *otMe66Man 5 weeks ago

Terra Firma

They are good at communicating worry, that is for sure.

There needs to be a solution to bring this to an end (for now).

Putin needs achievement for his legacy and Zelenskyy needs an out.

By *oxychick35Couple 5 weeks ago

thornaby

It would be over in a week anyway

By *atEvolutionCouple 5 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I doubt any western European country is wanting a ground war, much less a nuclear driven one. The west has proved to Putin already that he's not ready by proxying through Ukraine.

It has also served as a wake-up call for western democracies and shows clearly that they aren't ready either and that the mantra of war to end all wars is now consigned to historical jingoistic rhetoric.

While Putin is spouting war statements with the west, the rest of Europe really has to do the same. However, he did hint at VE day and wanting peace with the west (is this his get out clause?)

Post analysis, I think that will be the main content of Sunak's speech today. Our spending will increase. So will our consciousness of just how close we are to a third world war. I myself don't believe we are that close - but we have to be led to believe we are in order for the governments of Europe to properly prepare for that *increasing* eventuality.

By *idnight RamblerMan 5 weeks ago

Pershore

It depends on Putin's ambitions. Is he trying to rebuild the USSR and invade Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania for example? What about Poland? The West has to have a line in the sand. Then the question is, would a war go Nuclear? Russia couldn't possibly win a conventional war against the West. It's GDP is smaller than Italy's and a fraction of NATO.

By *altenkommandoMan 5 weeks ago

milton keynes

"Yep when the economic prospects are shit there’s always war to fall back on"

How else do you expect me to kill commies and win medals?

By *otMe66Man 5 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"It depends on Putin's ambitions. Is he trying to rebuild the USSR and invade Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania for example? What about Poland? The West has to have a line in the sand. Then the question is, would a war go Nuclear? Russia couldn't possibly win a conventional war against the West. It's GDP is smaller than Italy's and a fraction of NATO. "

I think Putin will take land in Ukraine but the cost has been greater than the reward. I hate saying this but I think it is time to start negotiations and for Zelenskyy to stop sending his people to the front line, or it will take years for the population to rebuild.

The losses for Putin are Nato membership increasing along its border, with the prospect of Ukraine also becoming a Nato member once the war is over.

The image of the Russian military has also taken a severe dent in its perceived capabilities.

I would say Putin has lost more than he expected.

nearby

"It depends on Putin's ambitions. Is he trying to rebuild the USSR and invade Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania for example? What about Poland? The West has to have a line in the sand. Then the question is, would a war go Nuclear? Russia couldn't possibly win a conventional war against the West. It's GDP is smaller than Italy's and a fraction of NATO. "

Nato have shown themselves to be ineffective and cowardice

Half the weapons pledged have arrived late, squabbles amongst members and now Slovakia has a pro Russia prime minister. By the time F16’s arrive it will be 2.5 years since russias invasion.

Russia has also lost credibility, its military strength is quantity over quality. But Ukraine will never be able to recapture those territories taken without a full nato engagement.

Pershore

"It depends on Putin's ambitions. Is he trying to rebuild the USSR and invade Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania for example? What about Poland? The West has to have a line in the sand. Then the question is, would a war go Nuclear? Russia couldn't possibly win a conventional war against the West. It's GDP is smaller than Italy's and a fraction of NATO.

I think Putin will take land in Ukraine but the cost has been greater than the reward. I hate saying this but I think it is time to start negotiations and for Zelenskyy to stop sending his people to the front line, or it will take years for the population to rebuild.

The losses for Putin are Nato membership increasing along its border, with the prospect of Ukraine also becoming a Nato member once the war is over.

The image of the Russian military has also taken a severe dent in its perceived capabilities.

I would say Putin has lost more than he expected. "

Yup Putin has brought many unexpected consequences on Russia : expanded NATO, increased defence spending, and how do we feel about a re-armed Germany? To give Trump some credit, he's been banging on about other NATO countries underspending, and been proved right.

nearby

"It depends on Putin's ambitions. Is he trying to rebuild the USSR and invade Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania for example? What about Poland? The West has to have a line in the sand. Then the question is, would a war go Nuclear? Russia couldn't possibly win a conventional war against the West. It's GDP is smaller than Italy's and a fraction of NATO.

Yup Putin has brought many unexpected consequences on Russia : expanded NATO, increased defence spending, and how do we feel about a re-armed Germany? To give Trump some credit, he's been banging on about other NATO countries underspending, and been proved right."

Collectively nato can’t provide Ukraine with enough ammunition, artillery has accounted for about 80% of casualties on both sides

The shortage of ammunition is being felt across the front, and contributed to Ukraine's recent withdrawal from the town of Avdiivka and recent Russian gains

Ukraine is facing around 470,000 Russian troops who every day attack Ukrainian positions using assault groups of infantry. If Ukraine had sufficient artillery, these attacks could be repelled, but Ukraine is having to ration its units to fire only 2,000 rounds a day across a 750 mile front. Ukraine fields around 350 artillery pieces, so that in many areas of the front Ukraine has no artillery at all

Then Biden supplies 57000 rounds and thousands of bombs to make two million gazans homeless

Pershore

Yup Putin has brought many unexpected consequences on Russia : expanded NATO, increased defence spending, and how do we feel about a re-armed Germany? To give Trump some credit, he's been banging on about other NATO countries underspending, and been proved right.

Collectively nato can’t provide Ukraine with enough ammunition, artillery has accounted for about 80% of casualties on both sides

The shortage of ammunition is being felt across the front, and contributed to Ukraine's recent withdrawal from the town of Avdiivka and recent Russian gains

Ukraine is facing around 470,000 Russian troops who every day attack Ukrainian positions using assault groups of infantry. If Ukraine had sufficient artillery, these attacks could be repelled, but Ukraine is having to ration its units to fire only 2,000 rounds a day across a 750 mile front. Ukraine fields around 350 artillery pieces, so that in many areas of the front Ukraine has no artillery at all

Then Biden supplies 57000 rounds and thousands of bombs to make two million gazans homeless

"

Yes, NATO has been complacent, and too many countries underspending on defence. That will change now, as an expanded NATO arms. When UK and US Intelligence Agencies warned Russia was planning to invade Ukraine, the idea was dismissed out of hand by Scholz and Macron. I doubt they'll make that mistake again either.

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

Many 'savvy' or desperate leaders like to stoke fear, to influence acceptance of what they want to impose. Conflicts will typically be ended by negotiation, so that is what should be invested in. Sure, the west is clearer on how much preparation for dealing with Putin they will potentially have to make. Sunak the zombie is only desperate and going through the last gasp efforts of trying to prove life exists

By *oolyCoolyCplCouple 5 weeks ago

Newcastle under Lyme

When we initially hear the media talking about the announcement and what it would be about we were initially concerned. Then we realised its just fear mongering bull shit to try and trick folk to vote Conservative again. Fat chance there with the pig's ear they've made of the country to be honest.

By *ornucopiaMan 5 weeks ago

Bexley

We need a Third World War in order to prove the likelyhood that the recent massive aurora was, indeed, a portent of said war.

By *usie pTV/TS 5 weeks ago

taunton

I can't help but think it is very near the time that europe is going to have to try and stop Russia. It is plainly obvious that Ukraine was no threat to Russia.

nearby

"I can't help but think it is very near the time that europe is going to have to try and stop Russia. It is plainly obvious that Ukraine was no threat to Russia."

It will be much more difficult now than two years ago

Mariupol is being redeveloped. Abandoned apartment blocks under refurbishment and available to purchase.

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/27398

By *iman2100Man 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

Yup Putin has brought many unexpected consequences on Russia : expanded NATO, increased defence spending, and how do we feel about a re-armed Germany? To give Trump some credit, he's been banging on about other NATO countries underspending, and been proved right."

Just to clarify the Trump issue. If we are to be kind to him, his interest is purely fiscal. He wants NATO to spend more because they buy more American arms not because it increases their defence capabilities.

The truth is more likely to be he wants an excuse to leave NATO because that is in the best interests of Putin and Russia.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 5 weeks ago

golden fields

"When we initially hear the media talking about the announcement and what it would be about we were initially concerned. Then we realised its just fear mongering bull shit to try and trick folk to vote Conservative again. Fat chance there with the pig's ear they've made of the country to be honest."

Why? It worked a treat for the last few general elections.

Pershore

Just to clarify the Trump issue. If we are to be kind to him, his interest is purely fiscal. He wants NATO to spend more because they buy more American arms not because it increases their defence capabilities.

The truth is more likely to be he wants an excuse to leave NATO because that is in the best interests of Putin and Russia. "

Well whatever his motivation, he's done Europe a huge favour by 1) bringing home the realisation that all NATO member states must pay a fair contribution to defence and 2) the fact that Europe can't rely forever on the US alone for defence.

On the other hand, dare I say it, is the risk that the EU takes on the mantle of the continent's defence. God help us!

By *oxychick35Couple 5 weeks ago

thornaby

The truth is more likely to be he wants an excuse to leave NATO because that is in the best interests of Putin and Russia. "

so you think trump wants out of nato for Russia and putin lmao ffs

By *iman2100Man 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

The truth is more likely to be he wants an excuse to leave NATO because that is in the best interests of Putin and Russia. so you think trump wants out of nato for Russia and putin lmao ffs "

Yes. Read about Trump, Deutsche Bank and the Russian Oligarchs. It is not in Trumps interest to piss off Putin.

By *lecom1Couple 5 weeks ago

Stornoway

Gor blimey Russia may be ready but sure as heck we aint

» Add a new message to this topic