FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > There's a war heading this way

There's a war heading this way

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *mateur100 OP   Man 5 weeks ago

nr faversham

And all I see are posts about human rights, child poverty (good grief), train drivers struggling on £60k etc...isn't it about time the UK realised there's a hell of a lot more serious stuff on the go? Or are we all so happy in our civilised society that we're actually too soft to handle any aggression?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 5 weeks ago

in Lancashire

Given your concerns about how others are spending their time is it safe to assume you'll soon be leaving the site to prepare for the impending conflict?

By *AJMLKTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Burley

There are only two possibilities. War will happen, or it won't. Either way, I can do bugger all about it so I don't really care.

By *irldnCouple 5 weeks ago

Brighton

"And all I see are posts about human rights, child poverty (good grief), train drivers struggling on £60k etc...isn't it about time the UK realised there's a hell of a lot more serious stuff on the go? Or are we all so happy in our civilised society that we're actually too soft to handle any aggression? "

Right you got my attention. What do we need to do?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 5 weeks ago

golden fields

"And all I see are posts about human rights, child poverty (good grief), train drivers struggling on £60k etc...isn't it about time the UK realised there's a hell of a lot more serious stuff on the go? Or are we all so happy in our civilised society that we're actually too soft to handle any aggression?

Right you got my attention. What do we need to do?"

In fairness the OP has made it clear what we need to do to prepare for the war:

1. Stop posting about human rights.

2. Stop posting about child poverty (good grief indeed, we have more important things to post about, like panicking over a war here that's not happening)

3. If you're a train driver, stop complaining about your working conditions.

That's all we need to do, and we'll be ready to face anything.

By *ulie.your. bottom. slutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

"And all I see are posts about human rights, child poverty (good grief), train drivers struggling on £60k etc...isn't it about time the UK realised there's a hell of a lot more serious stuff on the go? Or are we all so happy in our civilised society that we're actually too soft to handle any aggression?

Right you got my attention. What do we need to do?"

Lets get ready to rumble...

By *ools and the brainCouple 5 weeks ago

couple, us we him her.

Well you're definitely right about us being too soft and I do wonder given that we are a very multicultural country how many would actually fight for this country or leg-it claiming no allegiance to this country in any sort of war? And for that matter how many born and bred nationals would fight also given how many times you see or hear people saying how shit this country is??

I think we'd be fucked if Russia invaded and wouldn't last a month.

It's only our island state that's kept us safe from invasion of we'd been part of mainland Europe things would be very different.

By *atEvolutionCouple 5 weeks ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

With a current stockpile 225 Nuclear warheads (2024)

Four Vanguard Nuclear Submarines, each carrying 48 Warheads.

Nobody is thinking of invading the UK.

Now. If you really think they are, then they are already living in your head rent-free anyway. For you the ivasion has already happened.

couple, us we him her.

War is completely different these days if Russia or China attacked it'll be shutting down our infrastructure and facilities, banking and communication networks sabotage fuel supplies and basically creating chaos.

Brighton

"With a current stockpile 225 Nuclear warheads (2024)

Now. If you really think they are, then they are already living in your head rent-free anyway. For you the ivasion has already happened.

"

Brighton

2. Stop posting about child poverty (good grief indeed, we have more important things to post about, like panicking over a war here that's not happening)

That's all we need to do, and we'll be ready to face anything."

I’m going to sharpen up my pitchfork. That’ll show them Ruskies I mean business.

golden fields

That's all we need to do, and we'll be ready to face anything.

I’m going to sharpen up my pitchfork. That’ll show them Ruskies I mean business."

They don't like it up 'em.

By *otMe66Man 5 weeks ago

Terra Firma

"War is completely different these days if Russia or China attacked it'll be shutting down our infrastructure and facilities, banking and communication networks sabotage fuel supplies and basically creating chaos."

You are correct and they are already deep into their attacks on the social fabric of most countries in the west.

It is right under our nose...

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

Governments have to manage and address multiple types of things at all times, including, sometimes, multiple crises. Once a war starts, it will obviously take priority for resources and attention.

But the government is just part of this, as the media we consume will also dictate our attention diet

By *oxychick35Couple 5 weeks ago

thornaby

"Well you're definitely right about us being too soft and I do wonder given that we are a very multicultural country how many would actually fight for this country or leg-it claiming no allegiance to this country in any sort of war? And for that matter how many born and bred nationals would fight also given how many times you see or hear people saying how shit this country is??

It's only our island state that's kept us safe from invasion of we'd been part of mainland Europe things would be very different."

russia can’t even invade a neighbour country they have proved that all there bullshit about there well stocked army is just that bullshit of ukrain had same weapon’s as U.K. France Poland Russia would have surrendered by now

couple, us we him her.

"Well you're definitely right about us being too soft and I do wonder given that we are a very multicultural country how many would actually fight for this country or leg-it claiming no allegiance to this country in any sort of war? And for that matter how many born and bred nationals would fight also given how many times you see or hear people saying how shit this country is??

It's only our island state that's kept us safe from invasion of we'd been part of mainland Europe things would be very different.russia can’t even invade a neighbour country they have proved that all there bullshit about there well stocked army is just that bullshit of ukrain had same weapon’s as U.K. France Poland Russia would have surrendered by now "

Or are they lulling us all into a sense of false security?

Or you could be right hence Putin currently sucking up-to the Chinese leader.

golden fields

"War is completely different these days if Russia or China attacked it'll be shutting down our infrastructure and facilities, banking and communication networks sabotage fuel supplies and basically creating chaos.

You are correct and they are already deep into their attacks on the social fabric of most countries in the west.

It is right under our nose..."

Very true. Just look where all the bots came from telling people to vote for bullshit like Trump & Brexit.

By *llie37555Man 5 weeks ago

Market Drayton

"War is completely different these days if Russia or China attacked it'll be shutting down our infrastructure and facilities, banking and communication networks sabotage fuel supplies and basically creating chaos.

Very true. Just look where all the bots came from telling people to vote for bullshit like Trump & Brexit."

Bots lol

Stands for: Brexit Or Trump Supporters?

They do exist with their own formed views, you know?

Why insult people? You just have a different view on the Internet. Nobody says you're a Bot!

Or do they? Are you?

thornaby

Very true. Just look where all the bots came from telling people to vote for bullshit like Trump & Brexit.

Bots lol

Why insult people? You just have a different view on the Internet. Nobody says you're a Bot!

Or do they? Are you? "

it’s just how they are insult after insult what’s guy eh lol

Bots. Well, let's face it, if people are getting their political insights from Twits and FaceBoob and then forming their voting opinion, they may as well be listening to the advice of their Rice Krispies too.

Come the day of 'A'rtificial 'I'diot, and we are all Doomed.

Try asking Alexa to set a timer for Chihuahuas - she might not be bright, but she'll still wake you up in 120 minutes. Maybe you can set another one for 'nower an a narf' and she'll give you more time to think.

Bots Be Glorious - Bots be Great. But they be a whole lot brighter than some.

thornaby

Maybe we should wach bbc or sky news then lol

"Maybe we should wach bbc or sky news then lol"

I always thought Ms Kuenssberg a bit Bot like - lol. Tends to drift off when someone is talking to her.

golden fields

Bots lol

Stands for: Brexit Or Trump Supporters?"

Don't think so

"

"

I think they're just programmed, they don't have their own views, they're not actually people as far as I know.

"

"

I haven't insulted anyone, I posted about Russian bots.

"

Or do they? Are you? "

Do they what? am I what? What's this got to do with Russian bots?

golden fields

Bots lol

Or do they? Are you? it’s just how they are insult after insult what’s guy eh lol"

Where did I insult the bots and even if I did, why would that upset you?

By *va.nightingaleTV/TS 5 weeks ago

North Manchester

Bots lol

Or do they? Are you? it’s just how they are insult after insult what’s guy eh lol

Where did I insult the bots and even if I did, why would that upset you?"

"Just look where all the bots came from telling people to vote for bullshit like Trump & Brexit."

Analyse the above.

WHERE did "all the bots" come from...??

"TELLING people how to vote"..... really? Are people so ignorant as to have to be directed...??

"bullshit like Trump and Brexit", that is YOUR opinion, to which you are quite entitled, the content of the opinion is neither fact nor fiction.

Plus, it seems every time you are challenged you cannot seem to engage properly and explain what many people on here see as childish outbursts, sometime littered with expletives. You also occasionally play the victim.

My opinion, for whatever it may be worth to you is, you need to find some reasonable debating skills and learn the correct interpretation of 'critical thinking process'

I really hope this helps you, genuinely I do.

Market Drayton

Bots lol

Don't think so

I think they're just programmed, they don't have their own views, they're not actually people as far as I know.

I haven't insulted anyone, I posted about Russian bots.

Or do they? Are you?

Do they what? am I what? What's this got to do with Russian bots?"

Comedy gold

Market Drayton

Bots lol

Or do they? Are you? it’s just how they are insult after insult what’s guy eh lol

Where did I insult the bots and even if I did, why would that upset you?"

24ct comedy gold

Market Drayton

Bots lol

"Just look where all the bots came from telling people to vote for bullshit like Trump & Brexit."

Analyse the above.

"TELLING people how to vote"..... really? Are people so ignorant as to have to be directed...??

"bullshit like Trump and Brexit", that is YOUR opinion, to which you are quite entitled, the content of the opinion is neither fact nor fiction.

Plus, it seems every time you are challenged you cannot seem to engage properly and explain what many people on here see as childish outbursts, sometime littered with expletives. You also occasionally play the victim.

My opinion, for whatever it may be worth to you is, you need to find some reasonable debating skills and learn the correct interpretation of 'critical thinking process'

I really hope this helps you, genuinely I do. "

A much better answer than mine!

Happens a lot on here, they know what they're doing, but pretend they don't.

The point at hand gets lost sadly. The point being that Brexit/Tory /Trump supporters can form their own opinions without 'bots' and 'party machines' and 'biased media' telling them how to think and vote. It's an insult to suggest they can't.

No point asking if that's now understood without getting a variety of :

I genuinely don't understand

I'm confused

Where did I say that

I find that weird, creepy

I feel under attack, basically you're joining in with the other guy

You're following me around

Repeat to fade

golden fields

Bots lol

Analyse the above.

The point at hand gets lost sadly. The point being that Brexit/Tory /Trump supporters can form their own opinions without 'bots' and 'party machines' and 'biased media' telling them how to think and vote. It's an insult to suggest they can't.

I'm confused

Where did I say that

Repeat to fade "

So you don't know why you're offended by my comment about bots and just want a personal dig?

By *oncupiscentTonyMan 5 weeks ago

Kent

"And all I see are posts about human rights, child poverty (good grief), train drivers struggling on £60k etc...isn't it about time the UK realised there's a hell of a lot more serious stuff on the go? Or are we all so happy in our civilised society that we're actually too soft to handle any aggression? "

Shouldn't you be out patroling the gunpowder works?

Market Drayton

Bots lol

Analyse the above.

I'm confused

Where did I say that

Repeat to fade

So you don't know why you're offended by my comment about bots and just want a personal dig?

"

I forgot the old personal dig!

I explained why you insulted me and other right of centre or Brexit supporters. To further clarify, you delegitimised and cancelled my own thoughts, beliefs and opinions, formed over many years, and opined that we were all merely programmed by bots, biased news media, and the Tory party machine. That's grossly insulting.

golden fields

Bots lol

Analyse the above.

I'm confused

Where did I say that

Repeat to fade

I explained why you insulted me and other right of centre or Brexit supporters. To further clarify, you delegitimised and cancelled my own thoughts, beliefs and opinions, formed over many years, and opined that we were all merely programmed by bots, biased news media, and the Tory party machine. That's grossly insulting.

"

Look, if you self identify as someone who was influenced by a russian bot, that's your business. Not sure why you're getting upset/confused with me.

Market Drayton

Bots lol

Analyse the above.

I'm confused

Where did I say that

Repeat to fade

Look, if you self identify as someone who was influenced by a russian bot, that's your business. Not sure why you're getting upset/confused with me."

More comedy gold, Russian bot lol

By *iman2100Man 4 weeks ago

Glasgow

"War is completely different these days if Russia or China attacked it'll be shutting down our infrastructure and facilities, banking and communication networks sabotage fuel supplies and basically creating chaos."

I thought that was what Brexit was for?

By *mateur100 OP   Man 4 weeks ago

nr faversham

Good grief... barely a sensible response to an important post. It'll take the Tories 6 years to increase defence spending to 2.5%, allegedly, the Labour party will do it when it's financially viable, yet money to cover compensation for the blood scandal whilst necessary, can be found immediately. Shite governance over the years and only going to continue

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 4 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Good grief... barely a sensible response to an important post. It'll take the Tories 6 years to increase defence spending to 2.5%, allegedly, the Labour party will do it when it's financially viable, yet money to cover compensation for the blood scandal whilst necessary, can be found immediately. Shite governance over the years and only going to continue "

An 'important' issue that you decided to use as a stick to have a go at others you feel strongly about but whose inclusion in your op are completely irrelevant ..

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 4 weeks ago

golden fields

"Good grief... barely a sensible response to an important post. It'll take the Tories 6 years to increase defence spending to 2.5%, allegedly, the Labour party will do it when it's financially viable, yet money to cover compensation for the blood scandal whilst necessary, can be found immediately. Shite governance over the years and only going to continue "

Are you implying your OP was sensible?

By *owestoft ManMan 4 weeks ago

Lowestoft

That's called a Fire Storm lol

I'm pretty sure the Government has already thought of these things and prepared for it.

As for a War???

We would have no choice in the matter. If it happens then we will do what ever it takes to defend ourselves. Pretty much like what Israel is doing. Yes Britain has many snowflakes for citizens but there are still many of us willing and able for call up duties. Sadly War is Sh1te but alas if it happens it's all hands on deck.

By *ob198XaMan 4 weeks ago

teleford

"With a current stockpile 225 Nuclear warheads (2024)

"

The invasion will not be here but will we honour our article 5 commitments when the time comes… and come it surely will. We are now in a world in which certain countries can treat their populations as disposable meat and their populations let them get away with it. That’s a very dangerous tool against Western populations who place a far greater value on lives. We can inflict 10:1 casualties against these enemies and we may still loose.

nr faversham

"Good grief... barely a sensible response to an important post. It'll take the Tories 6 years to increase defence spending to 2.5%, allegedly, the Labour party will do it when it's financially viable, yet money to cover compensation for the blood scandal whilst necessary, can be found immediately. Shite governance over the years and only going to continue

Are you implying your OP was sensible?"

Aren't you?

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan 4 weeks ago

golden fields

"Good grief... barely a sensible response to an important post. It'll take the Tories 6 years to increase defence spending to 2.5%, allegedly, the Labour party will do it when it's financially viable, yet money to cover compensation for the blood scandal whilst necessary, can be found immediately. Shite governance over the years and only going to continue

Aren't you?"

Certainly not. I thought it was silly.

nr faversham

Aren't you?

Certainly not. I thought it was silly."

Once again we disagree

By *erri_kissesTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Islington

Guaranteed if if I don’t check the politics section out for a week or two there’s gonna be something posted by someone that seems lazer precision tuned in order to never get them sex ever.

This time it’s this fella seemingly cosplaying how Dunblane mass murderer, Michael Ryan would’ve posted had he been around in the internet age. Beggars belief tbh.

By *va.nightingaleTV/TS 3 weeks ago

North Manchester

"Guaranteed if if I don’t check the politics section out for a week or two there’s gonna be something posted by someone that seems lazer precision tuned in order to never get them sex ever.

This time it’s this fella seemingly cosplaying how Dunblane mass murderer, Michael Ryan would’ve posted had he been around in the internet age. Beggars belief tbh. "

Just seen this post and being of a somewhat pedantic nature, may I just correct it by saying M. Ryan was the coward responsible for the Hungerford shootings in the late eighties, before turning his weapon on himself rather than face up to his horrible crimes.

That almost unmentionable monster, T. Hamilton found it 'necessary' in his own totally evil existence to go into a primary school in Dunblane, Scotland, and shoot mercilessly at terrified and innocent little children, killing 16 and a teacher.

Another vile monster who couldn't face what he'd done, he also shot himself.

All for absolutely nothing. There exist no words to describe such 'people'.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple 3 weeks ago

in Lancashire

"Guaranteed if if I don’t check the politics section out for a week or two there’s gonna be something posted by someone that seems lazer precision tuned in order to never get them sex ever.

This time it’s this fella seemingly cosplaying how Dunblane mass murderer, Michael Ryan would’ve posted had he been around in the internet age. Beggars belief tbh.

Just seen this post and being of a somewhat pedantic nature, may I just correct it by saying M. Ryan was the coward responsible for the Hungerford shootings in the late eighties, before turning his weapon on himself rather than face up to his horrible crimes.

That almost unmentionable monster, T. Hamilton found it 'necessary' in his own totally evil existence to go into a primary school in Dunblane, Scotland, and shoot mercilessly at terrified and innocent little children, killing 16 and a teacher.

Another vile monster who couldn't face what he'd done, he also shot himself.

All for absolutely nothing. There exist no words to describe such 'people'.

"

By *oubleswing2019Man 3 weeks ago

Colchester

It is right under our nose..."

Completely correct. It's ongoing and constant, using deniable and masked assets using IP Spoofing and the like.

If causing harm to a country's national infrastructure was an Act of War, we'd have been at War with some nation or other 15+ years ago.

And we're the same right back with our own cyber forces.

A lot of the intrusion is just "probing" for weakness and recording that for a future attack.

The worst probing is when it goes unnoticed, and backdoors are implemented, of which I am sure there are many.

By *adyinred696969Couple 2 weeks ago

Brecon

War in the past, was carried out on Land, on (and under) the Sea, and in the Air.

Modern warfare has another 2 components, Cyber, and Information.

Estonia was the victim of a massive cyber attack in April 2007 after they took down a Russian war memorial, and now have some of the best Cyber defence capabilities in NATO. China and Russia, along with North Korea to some extent, carry out numerous small cyber attacks on various systems around the world.

The (mis)Information war was launched years ago, but with the advent of Social Media it has become rampant. As an example, since Russia ramped up it efforts in Feb '22 to invade the rest of Ukraine, the number of "pro Russian" bots, accounts and profiles across social media has increased by a huge amount.

We are at war, it just hasnt progressed into the old sphere of Land, Sea, Air yet.

By *oubleswing2019Man 2 weeks ago

Colchester

"

We are at war, it just hasnt progressed into the old sphere of Land, Sea, Air yet.

"

Indeed we are.

In the olden days, you rolled your tanks over another nations borders and it was pretty obvious was was going on.

Now, you can have a warehouse of hackers (in another country), masking their activities and throwing off the scent, attacking a target's infrastructure instead.

Loss of national services, complete chaos, panic and disorder. It's a very effective tactic, and miles cheaper than armoured divisions and multi-million pound armaments and hardware.

With the added benefit that it can go "under" the radar in many cases.

By *atEvolutionCouple 2 weeks ago

And previous to that, it was called the Cold War.

But I think the op is suggesting a war with guns, bullets and bombs.

By *adyinred696969Couple 2 weeks ago

Brecon

"And previous to that, it was called the Cold War.

But I think the op is suggesting a war with guns, bullets and bombs. "

Countries now try to avoid pulling the trigger in a conflict, to minimise the pushback from the world opinion, which is why some Chinese and Indian units along their border are now being taught unarmed combat, and how to use swords and clubs!

There are regular battles between small units, and they just wade into each other swinging improvised weapons, many have been killed or wounded on both sides.

By *oubleswing2019Man 2 weeks ago

Colchester

"And previous to that, it was called the Cold War.

But I think the op is suggesting a war with guns, bullets and bombs.

Countries now try to avoid pulling the trigger in a conflict, to minimise the pushback from the world opinion, which is why some Chinese and Indian units along their border are now being taught unarmed combat, and how to use swords and clubs!

There are regular battles between small units, and they just wade into each other swinging improvised weapons, many have been killed or wounded on both sides. "

That's quite...macabre in a deeply fucked up psychological way, isn't it ?

Private : "Major, the enemy is over there. Shall we get in our tanks and blow them to smithereens. You can send an assault team to provide covering fire."

Major : "I don't think that's quite necessary Private. It'll create a hell of a fuss up the line. All the way up to the Minister for War. Then it'll drag us in to an open conflict, war gets declared between us and them, and things all turn a bit nasty."

Private : "But Major. We are itching for a ruck. I've not fired this gun in anger yet. The blood is up. I'm gagging for a right barney. C'mon Major, give the word!"

Major : "As it so happens, I've been in parlay with their opposing Commander. His men are also spoiling for a fight, but he is under orders to keep it all on the down low. So we have come up with a plan."

Private : "They are surrendering, Major ? That's great news isn't it ?"

Major : "Not quite. We've decided to have a little "competition". A physical test of stamina and strength. His boys versus our boys. Sorry, I mean men.

Private : "Like a Tug-Of-War, Sir ?"

Major : "Not quite. The Quartermaster is going to issue you with rocks and clubs"

Private : "That's very thoughtful, Major. Our ammo is running a bit low. A bit of extra ordnance is always welcome."

Major : "In turn you will hand in your gun, grenades, ammo, knives, etc. All the really nasty stuff, you know ? Oh, tanks and choppers as well, please."

Private: "I beg your pardon, Sir. That's insane. What are we supposed to do ? Beat them to death with clubs and rocks?"

Major : "That's exactly what you are going to do, Private. Bish, Bash, Bosh. Well, mostly Bash, hopefully. Go bash their ugly heads in. Then bash them some more. Keep on bashing until they are thoroughly bashed. Bash them until you can bash no more. And they stop moving."

Private : "Message received and understood, Sir. Operation "Clobbering Time!" underway. Oh Sir, just one question ? Can we keep our entrenching tools ? They make great bashing weapons."

Major : "Of course, Private. What do you think this Army is ? Insane ? Now get clobbering, there's a good man".

By *herrybomb77Woman 2 weeks ago

Belgium and Luxembourg

With the greatest respect for you all. I've had 7 happy years in Scotland, was an avid monarchist (So long as Queen Elizabeth 2 was still alive) and the UK was still part of the EU.

Then Brexit happened.

The Scots are furious about this. Your illustrious Queen is dead and replaced by a dying Charles III.

The Ulster Unionists are making a mess of things again.

The United Kingdom will break up.

Whether it's NI joining the Republic first or Scotland finally breaking away, all you'll be left with is England and Wales.

And let's face it. That's just not enough. The Commonwealth will disappear soon after.

So my advice to stay together is suck it up, go hat in hand to re-join the EU and let Stormont sort its own mess as the Republic of Ireland sure as heck can't afford more sectarian bureaucrats in an already overloaded Dáil Éirann.

And ban Orange Marches. They're Zthe equivalent of KKK rallies.

By *llie37555Man 2 weeks ago

Market Drayton

A "dying Charles III"?

It may come as news to you, but we are all dying.

He is receiving cancer treatment. UK survival rates are the best they've ever been. Many men die "with" his cancer type rather than "of" it.

Long live our King

» Add a new message to this topic