FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit - an opportuntiy

Brexit - an opportuntiy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *din OP   Man  over a year ago

Birmingham

I am fed up of all the negativity and carping since last weeks referendum vote.

lets get a reality check - much worse things have happened in the world and to this country from an economic standpoint than this.

the world is a big place and much bigger than Europe (which is a declining economy by the way)and full of opportunity

there are two choices - take a big step forward and grasp the opportunity or go back to bed and hide under your duvet waiting for the apparent apocalypse, I know which my choice is!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I am fed up of all the negativity and carping since last weeks referendum vote.

lets get a reality check - much worse things have happened in the world and to this country from an economic standpoint than this.

the world is a big place and much bigger than Europe (which is a declining economy by the way)and full of opportunity

there are two choices - take a big step forward and grasp the opportunity or go back to bed and hide under your duvet waiting for the apparent apocalypse, I know which my choice is!"

Birmingham

"I am fed up of all the negativity and carping since last weeks referendum vote.

there are two choices - take a big step forward and grasp the opportunity or go back to bed and hide under your duvet waiting for the apparent apocalypse, I know which my choice is!

"

at least one person is with me

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

there are two choices - take a big step forward and grasp the opportunity or go back to bed and hide under your duvet waiting for the apparent apocalypse, I know which my choice is!"

There isn't a choice ; the referendum has been held;

And UK has chosen to take a giant step into the past.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

i agree..quite apt that another thread is asking for the return of 'on the buses'..

Birmingham

"

or it can use this as a springboard to the future. one thing that is certain in life is that the world changes and is full of uncertainty - it is how you confront it that matters

Well said OP

its about time we the UK - Great Britain -- yes I have put the "Great" back in front of Britain as we all need to stand together to build our country into the most desired country in the World.

The EU is ripping hell out of us right this minute, Germany are putting demands on us, other EU countries are backing up Germany and following them like sheep, all whilst we bicker with one and another.

We need to unite and fight to make the UK strong again.

I am off now to write to my MsP - John Swinney (snp) Roseanna Cunningham & Peter Wishart - MP all snp; and I will express my views that I wish Scotland to remain part of UK

There is no point whinging here if you do not express your views to your own MP's

London and France

And the reality is either that BREXIT will actually never happen ( BREXIT is already preparing us for this)

And there won't be a change.

Or we go the " Norway / EEA" route.

And...

Errrr........

Nothing actually changes.

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

"Well said OP

its about time we the UK - Great Britain -- yes I have put the "Great" back in front of Britain as we all need to stand together to build our country into the most desired country in the World.

The EU is ripping hell out of us right this minute, Germany are putting demands on us, other EU countries are backing up Germany and following them like sheep, all whilst we bicker with one and another.

We need to unite and fight to make the UK strong again.

I am off now to write to my MsP - John Swinney (snp) Roseanna Cunningham & Peter Wishart - MP all snp; and I will express my views that I wish Scotland to remain part of UK

There is no point whinging here if you do not express your views to your own MP's

."

Make sure to use green ink so they know it's important

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The EU is an imperialist state on the soviet model with undemocratic unelected leaders. It started with 6 nations. Now, by bribing leaders, it has 28. It took ten former allied nations from Russia. Ten wasn’t enough; it fermented war to get Ukraine but Putin finally intervened to stop that.

Why do Remainers want to overthrow democracy????

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

or it can use this as a springboard to the future. one thing that is certain in life is that the world changes and is full of uncertainty - it is how you confront it that matters"

We have had dark times in this countries long history and in those times we pulled together and got no with it and no doubt that when we know what we are doing them we will do so again..

But at this moment in time we have an accepted democratic mandate for an idea which it now looks has little substance in reality and very little plans in how to implement something which increasingly is looking very similar to what the issue was the vote was for changing?

Given that I would expect all sensible people however they voted to have concerns and valid questions..??

or it can use this as a springboard to the future. one thing that is certain in life is that the world changes and is full of uncertainty - it is how you confront it that matters"

All of the above I agree with,

I don't give two shits about politics, I know I should but I don't, so there you are..it absolutely explains my choice which was to stay, I was a waiverer, a 'don't know'

So I figured it was probably best to vote for the status quo, among other reasons

I'm not in the slightest bitter about the result, I respect it

As long as people just get on with it, focus and deal with the matter at hand...no nonsense, just get on with it

or it can use this as a springboard to the future. one thing that is certain in life is that the world changes and is full of uncertainty - it is how you confront it that matters

We have had dark times in this countries long history and in those times we pulled together and got no with it and no doubt that when we know what we are doing them we will do so again..

But at this moment in time we have an accepted democratic mandate for an idea which it now looks has little substance in reality and very little plans in how to implement something which increasingly is looking very similar to what the issue was the vote was for changing?

Given that I would expect all sensible people however they voted to have concerns and valid questions..??"

If you have "concerns and valid questions" you are expressing them in the wrong place; your initial contact should be your MP, but do not stop there, write to other MP's , councillors etc

If you want change you need to direct your concerns to the correct place

Birmingham

Given that I would expect all sensible people however they voted to have concerns and valid questions..??"

I have no issue with appropriately voiced concerns and questions, however, this is very different to the general posting on the subject. it does ultimately come down to mindset, it is very easy to talk yourself into a hole and the papers/news programs have much to answer for in this regard with their sensationalist headlines which are not supported by the detail and actual facts but get people into a panic

By *razedcatMan  over a year ago

London / Herts

"The EU is an imperialist state on the soviet model with undemocratic unelected leaders. It started with 6 nations. Now, by bribing leaders, it has 28. It took ten former allied nations from Russia. Ten wasn’t enough; it fermented war to get Ukraine but Putin finally intervened to stop that."

Half of what you've just said is fearmongering. To compare the EU with the USSR is ridiculous.

And as regards the more specific allegations you make, do you have evidence to support those scandalous accusations?

By *ee VianteWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in North Norfolk

"And the reality is either that BREXIT will actually never happen ( BREXIT is already preparing us for this)

And there won't be a change.

Or we go the " Norway / EEA" route.

And...

Errrr........

Nothing actually changes."

I don't think the EU will let us mess them about like this.

We've said we want out and they want us out.

We'd never be taken seriously again if we try to back out now.

in Lancashire

Given that I would expect all sensible people however they voted to have concerns and valid questions..??

I have no issue with appropriately voiced concerns and questions, however, this is very different to the general posting on the subject. it does ultimately come down to mindset, it is very easy to talk yourself into a hole and the papers/news programs have much to answer for in this regard with their sensationalist headlines which are not supported by the detail and actual facts but get people into a panic"

The media are often guilty of running a none story till it becomes one etc but they are only in this articulating what a lot of people are thinking with the issue as it is now..

Part of the issue is the complete lack of any plan in what to do now, both sides are culpable in this and whilst this continues the media don't need to do anything other than report how it's affecting the country and others.

Doesn't make good reading

I'd love to see some positive post-referendum posts, but the problem at the moment is that there doesn't seem to be a plan. Maybe - just maybe - there is the glimmer of a possibility of still getting single market access without signing up to free movement of peoples. I think that would be about the best we could hope for given the promises they made during the campaign.

I know everyone will say that can't be done - they didn't let Norway do that, or Switzerland etc., so why should they let us? Answer is, we're a hell of a lot bigger economy. It serves both us AND the EU to have us part of the single market.

There's a long way to go, and I - as a Remainer - am equally concerned about the way the future will go, but I do firmly believe that we need to work together to get the best deal we can and create the best future we can.

In a way, there's very little any of us can actually do right now though until we see which political leaders we will have and what plan they will eventually come up with.

So yeah, OP, but there's a really long way, and quite possibly some very tough times ahead before we get there.

Lets look out of the windows- not at the walls.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Cameron and Osborne have a lot to answer for. Regardless of their personal preferences, knowing that the vote could be close they should have prepared an outline exit strategy. Cameron took the cowardly way out and Gideon is making nasty threats regarding pensions and budgets. The man is the nastiest kind of parasitic life form.

Both parties are guilty of living in a hermetically sealed Westminster bubble and ignoring the plight and will of the electorate outside of that.

The only person that comes out of this is Mark Carney the governor of the Bank of England who has a Brexit strategy in place.

The EU are pissed off with us now for voting the way we have as a nation and are already trying to play hardball with us. A very risky tactic when they have much more to lose than us.

Purely by looking at the balance of trade figures I would much prefer to be where we are sitting than Germany right now.

Agree entirely.

People forget that it wasn't that long ago this island nation ruled a hefty part of the planet.

Governing ourselves and dealing with other countries isn't going to be that difficult.

We should be embracing this new opportunity which has fallen on our laps.

GREAT Britain......the clue is in the name.

Onward and upward.....

"GREAT Britain......the clue is in the name."

I'm being pedantic, because I generally agree with you, but we're Great Britain because our island is larger than the Irish one. All together we're the British Isles; Great Britain is the bigger of the two. If Scotland go independent, the combined land mass will *still* be called Great Britain. /pedantry.

in Lancashire

If you have "concerns and valid questions" you are expressing them in the wrong place; your initial contact should be your MP, but do not stop there, write to other MP's , councillors etc

If you want change you need to direct your concerns to the correct place"

Pretty au fait with the process ta..

Do you think if anyone did ask the leave campaign leadership that they would provide an honest answer?

If they do know?

This is a bit more than making changes to ones bin collections would you not agree?

in Lancashire

"Cameron and Osborne have a lot to answer for. Regardless of their personal preferences, knowing that the vote could be close they should have prepared an outline exit strategy. Cameron took the cowardly way out and Gideon is making nasty threats regarding pensions and budgets. The man is the nastiest kind of parasitic life form.

Both parties are guilty of living in a hermetically sealed Westminster bubble and ignoring the plight and will of the electorate outside of that.

The only person that comes out of this is Mark Carney the governor of the Bank of England who has a Brexit strategy in place.

The EU are pissed off with us now for voting the way we have as a nation and are already trying to play hardball with us. A very risky tactic when they have much more to lose than us.

Purely by looking at the balance of trade figures I would much prefer to be where we are sitting than Germany right now. "

Agree with some of that but they aren't the only ones in this and Boris and co clearly don't know what they are doing post winning..

Granted the handing of the baby to whomever by Cameron was not foreseen but why not?

Surely they expected to win and planned for what will happen and that should have been a possibility given a losing Cameron only had so many options?

In any case Boris saying what he did yesterday is puzzling as it looks like he wants the single market to remain and so do others in the leave camp and they all know and knew during the campaign that in keeping it would also mean free movement of people..

But they never acknowledged that to anyone during..

Maybe for boris it was only about the win and the thought of higher office?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

While all of that is an admirable sound bite.... The thing is that "hope" is not a strategy

So give us something substantive that will get done or will propose... Because at the moment all I hear are "crickets" whenever someone mentions an actual plan

You think if you are going to ask people to make the choice of a generation and leave, you think there would be more to it than just leave....

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"it is very easy to talk yourself into a hole and the papers/news programs have much to answer for in this regard with their sensationalist headlines which are not supported by the detail and actual facts but get people into a panic"

It's a fact that the economy has already been damaged.

It's a fact that we will not be able to achieve Boris's only stated plan so far (get access to single market without accepting free movement of people).

It seems strongly to be a fact that Brexit leaders have no real idea what to do next.

Just having a positive attitude isn't going to make this work. I've seen this is several threads. "Pull together"...how? Keep quiet and don't point out the fuck up we're likely heading for? How does silence or blind cheerleading help?

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

"

or it can use this as a springboard to the future

"

Lovely sentiment.

Please share: What is this springboard made of? And when will it be built?

Because at the moment we are all entering the pool by sliding down a foul smelling muddy bank. And we keep finding new bramble bushes.

Or has the springboard not actually been designed yet?

What people seem to have not grasped from this whole referendum thing is it was a vote to gauge public opinion, a petition to see who wants out and who doesn't. This doesn't mean we were supposed to jump ship Friday morning.

Going to see a solicitor about starting divorce proceedings does not mean you are divorced when you leave the office, you are just putting your intentions out there.

People are declaring it a farce because it's been a week and nothing has happened.... hell I can take longer than a week to chose what pair of shoes I'm wearing with an outfit!

It's exactly the same mentality as with the football, last week Roy whatshisface was a managerial genius for the win against whoeverthehellitwas, this week everyone wants to burn him as a witch.... Tis the British way unfortunately, somebody shouts loudly that we should be outraged and we all jump on the bandwagon without even knowing what we should be outraged about

"Let's make Britain great again and trade with the rest of the world" I think the brexit people must think the rest of the world don't have televisions or common sense ...the same rest of the world are looking at Britain right now and are seeing a country with no leader no stability and no plan for the future ..a country that's willing to break any agreement no matter the cost if it doesn't gets its way ..now why would any other major country wants to get in serious partnerships putting their economy at risk with Britain? .

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Cameron and Osborne have a lot to answer for. Regardless of their personal preferences, knowing that the vote could be close they should have prepared an outline exit strategy. Cameron took the cowardly way out and Gideon is making nasty threats regarding pensions and budgets. The man is the nastiest kind of parasitic life form.

Purely by looking at the balance of trade figures I would much prefer to be where we are sitting than Germany right now. "

i agree its a shamble... but i do think you are pointing the fingers at the wrong people...

if the leave side won... i thought have thought it would have been the leave side that would lead the negoiations... after all they had the plan... right? they were the ones making all the pledges on how the "saved" money would be spent.....

it was the leave campaign who painted this vision of what happens in a post brexit britain.... you would have thought they would at least have a idea of what should happen next....

we were told there would be the money going to the nhs... that one unravelled on brexit morning....

we were told they would limit immigration and there would be no freedom of movement.... that one unravelled on brexit evening....

we were told that vat on fuel would be abolished... crickets!!!

article 50... pull it now...don't pull it now!!!! can't bloody decide between themselves....

johnson, gove, stuart, ids, patel, leadsome were all very vocal.... now...silence....

i think they all thought they would be able to hide behind cameron pressing the button, and blaming him for the negoiations if they went south.... now they can't....

before you say its a remainer having a whinge, i don't want a rerun!!!..whats done is done.... i just want a plausable strategy going forward so at least I can try and do some planing for my future!!!!

and i am guessing a lot of the "48%" feel the same way.......

Its early days at the moment and the markets have reacted exactly how they were supposed to, although I understand they have recovered today which is encouraging.

I am beginning to wonder if all the talk about racism at present is being blown out of proportion, to make those that voted out feel guilty, to pave the way for a second referendum so we then vote the 'right' way. Unfortunately racism isn't in this country alone, probably in the majority in some form, but those that voted out are being called racist which for the vast majority is untrue.

I also think with all the pessimism around at the moment, we need to be careful that it doesn't become self fulfilling. My fear would be that if we had a second referendum, which is not needed, and the vote was for remain there would be true anarchy on the streets especially against the 'london bubble' and the 'ruling classes' for want of better words.

We need to get the new Prime minister in place as soon as possible, get the mess in the labour party sorted and move forward with a cross party coalition to include small and large business to negotiate the withdrawal. The sooner the better for everyone including the eu.

in Lancashire

Purely by looking at the balance of trade figures I would much prefer to be where we are sitting than Germany right now.

i agree its a shamble... but i do think you are pointing the fingers at the wrong people...

if the leave side won... i thought have thought it would have been the leave side that would lead the negoiations... after all they had the plan... right? they were the ones making all the pledges on how the "saved" money would be spent.....

it was the leave campaign who painted this vision of what happens in a post brexit britain.... you would have thought they would at least have a idea of what should happen next....

we were told there would be the money going to the nhs... that one unravelled on brexit morning....

we were told they would limit immigration and there would be no freedom of movement.... that one unravelled on brexit evening....

article 50... pull it now...don't pull it now!!!! can't bloody decide between themselves....

johnson, gove, stuart, ids, patel, leadsome were all very vocal.... now...silence....

i think they all thought they would be able to hide behind cameron pressing the button, and blaming him for the negoiations if they went south.... now they can't....

before you say its a remainer having a whinge, i don't want a rerun!!!..whats done is done.... i just want a plausable strategy going forward so at least I can try and do some planing for my future!!!!

and i am guessing a lot of the "48%" feel the same way......."

Equally many of the '52' must also be wondering what was it about and what is going on?

"

Why don't you mail them direct and ask direct, rather than onto a forum that cannot speak for them, and they will reply to you; Gisela Stuart replied to me this morning

in Lancashire

"Its early days at the moment and the markets have reacted exactly how they were supposed to, although I understand they have recovered today which is encouraging.

I am beginning to wonder if all the talk about racism at present is being blown out of proportion, to make those that voted out feel guilty, to pave the way for a second referendum so we then vote the 'right' way. Unfortunately racism isn't in this country alone, probably in the majority in some form, but those that voted out are being called racist which for the vast majority is untrue.

I also think with all the pessimism around at the moment, we need to be careful that it doesn't become self fulfilling. My fear would be that if we had a second referendum, which is not needed, and the vote was for remain there would be true anarchy on the streets especially against the 'london bubble' and the 'ruling classes' for want of better words.

We need to get the new Prime minister in place as soon as possible, get the mess in the labour party sorted and move forward with a cross party coalition to include small and large business to negotiate the withdrawal. The sooner the better for everyone including the eu."

There won't be another one on the original question and I doubt if there will be one on the deal when it's finalised as Hunt has said..

After this one they'll think long and hard before considering another one in the future

now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked

Birmingham

"it is very easy to talk yourself into a hole and the papers/news programs have much to answer for in this regard with their sensationalist headlines which are not supported by the detail and actual facts but get people into a panic

It's a fact that the economy has already been damaged.

It's a fact that we will not be able to achieve Boris's only stated plan so far (get access to single market without accepting free movement of people).

It seems strongly to be a fact that Brexit leaders have no real idea what to do next.

Just having a positive attitude isn't going to make this work. I've seen this is several threads. "Pull together"...how? Keep quiet and don't point out the fuck up we're likely heading for? How does silence or blind cheerleading help?

"

most of what you have stated is not actually fact

Birmingham

here is a thought for people....

apparently the people who voted out are all stupid and based in the north. if we assume this to be correct it follows that the people in London who voted remain are very intelligent. well many of these people work in the stock markets - look at the stock markets, they are no different to any other 'bad' day of trading and certainly have not shown the 'calamitous' falls people were expecting - perhaps these clever people have realised its not all bad??? just a thought

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked "

AAA Rating; we lost that in 2013 (February 23rd)

The US - the world's biggest economy - was downgraded from its AAA rating last year, a move that has not materially changed its borrowing costs.

Moody's removed France's AAA rating in November.

The UK has experienced a double-dip recession since 2008. It grew in the third quarter of last year - boosted by the impact of the Olympics, but shrunk again by 0.3% in the last three months of 2012.

Earlier this month, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development said the Bank of England should be ready to inject more money into the economy to boost growth.

The Bank has so far pumped £375bn into the financial system, creating money to buy-back government bonds

Shadow chancellor Ed Balls said the decision was a "humiliating blow to a prime minister and chancellor who said keeping our AAA rating was the test of their economic and political credibility".

"here is a thought for people....

apparently the people who voted out are all stupid and based in the north. if we assume this to be correct it follows that the people in London who voted remain are very intelligent. well many of these people work in the stock markets - look at the stock markets, they are no different to any other 'bad' day of trading and certainly have not shown the 'calamitous' falls people were expecting - perhaps these clever people have realised its not all bad??? just a thought "

its not that the people from the north were stupid which they are not its just that they believed the shit that the scum and fail printed

at least one person is with me "

AND ME!!! I'm with yous!!

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked "
Ffs it's just chest thumping pound up stocks up we can get through this keep carm

I think cameron is stalling so the whingers, those crying racist and the london bubble get the referendum overturned

People are missing the point. That is the eu is not democratic! Remainers want to sign away self government .. Simples.

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked Ffs it's just chest thumping pound up stocks up we can get through this keep carm "
too right! Nissan are not going anywhere! Seem on local news, a nissan worker punching the air and shouting freedom!!

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked Ffs it's just chest thumping pound up stocks up we can get through this keep carm too right! Nissan are not going anywhere! Seem on local news, a nissan worker punching the air and shouting freedom!!"
want to put money on that

Slagally, please name the two banks

Why be in the eu that's undemocratic, dictates to us on who we can trade with, and imposes austerity on greece, causing many of them to kill themselves for big banks?? Telll me!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked

Slagally, please name the two banks"

well the bank as taxpayers 73% own, RBS, has seen its value go down 40% post vote......... good enough?

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked

well the bank as taxpayers 73% own, RBS, has seen its value go down 40% post vote......... good enough?"

good time to buy shares in them?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Why be in the eu that's undemocratic, dictates to us on who we can trade with, and imposes austerity on greece, causing many of them to kill themselves for big banks?? Telll me!! "

we have the house of lords.... so please lets not talk about undemocratic structures now....

and the leavers arguement always comes back to people in spain italy and greece.... my god how selfless of you all to vote to make their lives better....

I am going to nominate the leave campaign for the nobel peace prize... helping the millions...

oh, that was the reason... wasn't it?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

well the bank as taxpayers 73% own, RBS, has seen its value go down 40% post vote......... good enough?

good time to buy shares in them?"

erm... yeah... you do realise that is taxpayers money???

but heck... all in the individual interest...woohoo!!!!

Birmingham

well the bank as taxpayers 73% own, RBS, has seen its value go down 40% post vote......... good enough?"

share prices are in no way related to the financial stability of the banks

"I think cameron is stalling so the whingers, those crying racist and the london bubble get the referendum overturned "

Haha, no. Cameron stalling and announcing his resignation is possibly one of the shrewdest political moves of modern times. He announces resignation, thus putting the onus on the leave campaign to actually invoke article 50, something Boris himself has said theirs no rush for. He also buys time for the true effects a Brexit could have to become clear. This 2 month window will show brexiters that their leaders aren't ready or willing to do as they said. They can't deliver on their promises and therefore become useless. The new conservative leader has an impossible situation. Invoke article 50 after 2 months of instability to save face, or retract on their promise and piss off 17million voters. It's a genius move that nobody, especially Boris, was expecting so quickly.

That is right and the food cost will go up soon to after the petrol prices go up by 3pence this week. Soon the price of bread could be like ww2 in germany costing 10.000 mark.

Birmingham

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked That is right and the food cost will go up soon to after the petrol prices go up by 3pence this week. Soon the price of bread could be like ww2 in germany costing 10.000 mark."

typical remain scaremongery!

By *uerido55Man  over a year ago

Manchester

"The EU is an imperialist state on the soviet model with undemocratic unelected leaders. It started with 6 nations. Now, by bribing leaders, it has 28. It took ten former allied nations from Russia. Ten wasn’t enough; it fermented war to get Ukraine but Putin finally intervened to stop that.

Why do Remainers want to overthrow democracy????"

Imperialist soviet model???

Unelected leaders????

I must have been dreaming about euro MPs all being elected to the post.

I must have been dreaming because elections would be democratic wouldn't they?

Yes let's have a truly democratic, totalitarian state with freedom of speech to citicise the government just like the good old democratic Putin Soviet one which welcomes all forms of free protest and freedom to determine your own future (just as long as you don't forget to tow the party line)!

My god!

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I'm not sure you can conflate the EU with the USSR.

Really.

no, not good enough, you saying its going tits up

Name the TWO banks that are going TITS UP please

By *sussexyMan  over a year ago

Lewes

"Name the TWO banks that are going TITS UP please"

So am I to take from this that as long as there is a breath (however shallow and wheezy) in the British economy, we are just around the corner from the miraculous recovery that will make Britain "Great" again?

Don't get me wrong - I have always been a glass half full kind of guy, but when it is two thirds empty it is only a third full right? Or not?

"Why be in the eu that's undemocratic, dictates to us on who we can trade with, and imposes austerity on greece, causing many of them to kill themselves for big banks?? Telll me!!

we have the house of lords.... so please lets not talk about undemocratic structures now....

and the leavers arguement always comes back to people in spain italy and greece.... my god how selfless of you all to vote to make their lives better....

I am going to nominate the leave campaign for the nobel peace prize... helping the millions...

oh, that was the reason... wasn't it? "

did i say this country was democratic? It is a bit better than the eu.

"

but heck... all in the individual interest...woohoo!!!! "

did i say who's money??

Slagally, please name the two banks"

can anyone name the two banks that are supposedly going tits up

"

There won't be another one on the original question and I doubt if there will be one on the deal when it's finalised as Hunt has said..

After this one they'll think long and hard before considering another one in the future "

Agree. There won't be another vote and there shouldn't have been one this time.

We don't actually have the intellectual capacity to vote in a referendum. Campaigners appeal to the lowest common denominator. It's like listening to 'the Sun' newspaper when politicians talk.

Now we have no leadership, no plan, no hope. Respect the 'democratic' will but where is our Churchill to lead us through the mire.

We are now the Divided Kingdom and no longer United. Brexit has paved the way for Scottish independence and for the first time created an economic reason for Northern Irish Protestants to look at a United Ireland. This will benefit materially England and Wales but at what social cost.

Search for our hero!!

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

share prices are in no way related to the financial stability of the banks"

Apart from when it is

In the USA both Bear Stearns and then Lehman Brothers effectively became insolvent once the share price collasped and no commercial rescue was viable.

At the moment Barclays and RBS are ok. The reason stock trading was halted was to stop a situation arising where technically the bank is bust. Once that happens you are back in 2008 panic mode as all other Banks worldwide stop trading with each other.

"

but heck... all in the individual interest...woohoo!!!! "

don't know if you noticed _abio but this government sells off all it's public assets paid for by the the public purse to their rich greedy mates.

"I'd love to see some positive post-referendum posts, but the problem at the moment is that there doesn't seem to be a plan. Maybe - just maybe - there is the glimmer of a possibility of still getting single market access without signing up to free movement of peoples. I think that would be about the best we could hope for given the promises they made during the campaign.

I know everyone will say that can't be done - they didn't let Norway do that, or Switzerland etc., so why should they let us? Answer is, we're a hell of a lot bigger economy. It serves both us AND the EU to have us part of the single market..

"

Absolutely no chance this happens. It will just open the door for all the other countries to do the same and then you'll have a collapse of the EU.

Birmingham

"I'd love to see some positive post-referendum posts, but the problem at the moment is that there doesn't seem to be a plan. Maybe - just maybe - there is the glimmer of a possibility of still getting single market access without signing up to free movement of peoples. I think that would be about the best we could hope for given the promises they made during the campaign.

I know everyone will say that can't be done - they didn't let Norway do that, or Switzerland etc., so why should they let us? Answer is, we're a hell of a lot bigger economy. It serves both us AND the EU to have us part of the single market..

Absolutely no chance this happens. It will just open the door for all the other countries to do the same and then you'll have a collapse of the EU. "

do you think it is not even a remote possibility that the EU will not exist in anything like its current form in a few years time?

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked That is right and the food cost will go up soon to after the petrol prices go up by 3pence this week. Soon the price of bread could be like ww2 in germany costing 10.000 mark.

typical remain scaremongery!"

Did you watch the news yesterday? Petrol prices will be up this week then the food in few months.

Fabio: Take advantage and buy assets back intun the public sector re nationalise from the private pie scoffing fat cats.

Birmingham

"now lets see we have a currency the pound that worth jack shit at the moment at least two banks about to go tits up we have lost the country's triple a rating ford and Nissan in talks to quit the uk I would say we are well and truly fucked That is right and the food cost will go up soon to after the petrol prices go up by 3pence this week. Soon the price of bread could be like ww2 in germany costing 10.000 mark.

typical remain scaremongery!Did you watch the news yesterday? Petrol prices will be up this week then the food in few months."

do you believe everything you hear in the news? their job is to create headlines regardless of the facts

typical remain scaremongery!Did you watch the news yesterday? Petrol prices will be up this week then the food in few months.

do you believe everything you hear in the news? their job is to create headlines regardless of the facts"

No. I dont and yes its about headlines, although its true about the economy.

Birmingham

typical remain scaremongery!Did you watch the news yesterday? Petrol prices will be up this week then the food in few months.

do you believe everything you hear in the news? their job is to create headlines regardless of the factsNo. I dont and yes its about headlines, although its true about the economy."

what is true?

do you believe everything you hear in the news? their job is to create headlines regardless of the factsNo. I dont and yes its about headlines, although its true about the economy.

what is true?"

That the pound is on its lowest value and also britain have lost its tripple a rating. Lets hope it get better soon.

Birmingham

do you believe everything you hear in the news? their job is to create headlines regardless of the factsNo. I dont and yes its about headlines, although its true about the economy.

what is true?That the pound is on its lowest value and also britain have lost its tripple a rating. Lets hope it get better soon."

The US credit rating was downgraded not that long ago - last time I looked it was still there.

well said ! my sentiments exactly also I think Cameron has made a very shrewd move ! what a clever man

what is true?That the pound is on its lowest value and also britain have lost its tripple a rating. Lets hope it get better soon."

lost its AAA rating in 2013

Glastonbury

what is true?That the pound is on its lowest value and also britain have lost its tripple a rating. Lets hope it get better soon.

lost its AAA rating in 2013"

Well that's alright then

Glastonbury

what is true?That the pound is on its lowest value and also britain have lost its tripple a rating. Lets hope it get better soon.

Well that's alright then "

It merely means that the cost of borrowing to fund the deficit (left to us by the lovely banks) goes up again.

It's only the peasants who pay.

lost its AAA rating in 2013"

Who did?.

Well that's alright then

It merely means that the cost of borrowing to fund the deficit (left to us by the lovely banks) goes up again.

"

just pointing that out, as many posts on here seem to think we lost the triple A due to brexit

Glastonbury

Well that's alright then

just pointing that out, as many posts on here seem to think we lost the triple A due to brexit"

Well bully for you. Now we have to pay for it.

lost its AAA rating in 2013Who did?."

I think you mean usa there, although uk have lost it for the first time since 1978 from the agency moodys.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We typically learn the most from our mistakes. Some people are able and ready to learn more quickly and readily than others. Some old dogs, tricks and all, may be a bit of a stretch.

By *risky_MareWoman  over a year ago

...Up on the Downs

Or as the pic I put up on my fb page says 'Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start getting excited over what could go right!!!

Birmingham

Or as the pic I put up on my fb page says 'Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start getting excited over what could go right!!! "

Well that's alright then

"

No, the deficit was caused by overspending from Labour

The banks were bailed out with printed money

Yeah cant believe how Lon people are going to bleat on,look on it as an opportunity 'where you think it is,or think it isn't,you'l probably be right',so much negativity instead of getting stuck in,to coin a phrase moaning minnies!

"Yeah cant believe how Lon people are going to bleat on,look on it as an opportunity 'where you think it is,or think it isn't,you'l probably be right',so much negativity instead of getting stuck in,to coin a phrase moaning minnies!"

In English please

London and France

"Why be in the eu that's undemocratic, dictates to us on who we can trade with, and imposes austerity on greece, causing many of them to kill themselves for big banks?? Telll me!!

oh, that was the reason... wasn't it? "

Fabio: as you once said to me;

Don't confuse the issue with logic.....

( or actually the fact that the UK as a rich nation could - and has a moral responsibility to - supply some compassion, and help to others, no , let's be self- centred and just fuck everyone else ......)

( or actually the fact that the UK as a rich nation could - and has a moral responsibility to - supply some compassion, and help to others, no , let's be self- centred and just fuck everyone else ......)"

We should have looked after our own long long ago, once we get the UK repaired we can then assist others and we can be in a condition to do it

By *uerido55Man  over a year ago

Manchester

( or actually the fact that the UK as a rich nation could - and has a moral responsibility to - supply some compassion, and help to others, no , let's be self- centred and just fuck everyone else ......)"

We might as well fuck everyone else, after all we've fucked ourselves!

( or actually the fact that the UK as a rich nation could - and has a moral responsibility to - supply some compassion, and help to others, no , let's be self- centred and just fuck everyone else ......)

We should have looked after our own long long ago, once we get the UK repaired we can then assist others and we can be in a condition to do it"

The reason any of us are British is because we dropped out of a fanny here. That's it. All this what it means to be British, looking after our own bull is all based entirely on vagina release geography

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

You didn't mention reality !!!!

That is stepping forward and greeting the apocalypse that will happen From the lies you bought into ..

Glastonbury

Well that's alright then

The banks were bailed out with printed money "

Sorry, guess again...

Only 8 times in the last 60 years has a UK g'ment run a surplus. And I think you'll find that Thatcher's g'ment racked up a larger deficit than Labour ever did.

It was the financial crisis, and the cost of underwriting the banks, that blew the deficit wide open.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/how-unusual-is-it-for-the-british-government-to-run-a-budget-surplus-10309178.html

Well that's alright then

Sorry, guess again...

Only 8 times in the last 60 years has a UK g'ment run a surplus. And I think you'll find that Thatcher's g'ment racked up a larger deficit than Labour ever did.

It was the financial crisis, and the cost of underwriting the banks, that blew the deficit wide open.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/how-unusual-is-it-for-the-british-government-to-run-a-budget-surplus-10309178.html"

Exactly, time to slash and burn public spending to reduce deficit and debt pile

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

Well that's alright then

Sorry, guess again...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/how-unusual-is-it-for-the-british-government-to-run-a-budget-surplus-10309178.html

Exactly, time to slash and burn public spending to reduce deficit and debt pile "

Finally we might agree ...think the autumn budget could be interesting ..with 350,million per week to help pay of the nations.debts

at least one person is with me "

Make that two. Sorry I arrived late ...

[Removed by poster at 30/06/16 02:13:47]

While all of that is an admirable sound bite.... The thing is that "hope" is not a strategy

So give us something substantive that will get done or will propose... Because at the moment all I hear are "crickets" whenever someone mentions an actual plan

You think if you are going to ask people to make the choice of a generation and leave, you think there would be more to it than just leave...."

Someone makes a well thought our comment with hope and passion and you demean it by calling it a 'soundbite'. Fabio Old Son you can do better ...

So anyway do tell us what precisely did you expect to happen in 6 days after the Referendum? You make all these 'ever so clever' remarks but the reality is quite obvious. Vote Leave (for which I campaigned) was not a political party looking for office. I think the presence of people from Labour and the Tories sort of gives the game away don't you think?

All we were offering was an alternative vision from the Status Quo of the EU. By leaving the EU a range of freedoms become available to any UK Government of any persuasion. How they use those options would be in their party policy or, at an election, their manifesto.

What is happening now is the emotional adjustment (coupled to a huge amount of Establishment pressure to have another), a load of utter nonsense and bile from 'Remainers', the markets assessing how they got it wrong (with the FTSE now higher than last Wednesday) and the process of the Tories electing a new leader who will become PM. The main protagonists in Vote Leave have made some steady, sensible and helpful comments about moving on together and staying calm. What else can they do?

Already the EU have shown they aren't listening, issuing demands and threats and acting like nothing has changed while they scoff an expensive dinner. Except this time their 2nd biggest contributor, 5th largest economy in the world and a country the EU makes a profit of £61 Bn a year from ... had left......

Same shit different day in Brussels.

I feel more convinced every day that passes that I did the right thing both campaigning and voting for 'Leave'. Especially when I hear the 'Establishment' suggesting the 'Young' should have 1.5 votes to 1 for the 'Old' who apparently are 'useless'. The BBC are now actively suggesting a 2nd referendum should be held.... And they wonder why people feel ignored, irrelevant and don't trust those that think they know better.

Well that's alright then

"

You need to go and read up on how the Government sells its debt (called Treasury Bonds). Only yesterday 'Yields' on these Bonds were at a 3 year low. Maybe this was confusing you. A 'Yield' is the profit to be made on a fixed return. Now when demand is high (as it is now because people want UK Bonds) the purchase price is high then the 'Yield' goes low.

And as a comment:

* The £ is not at an all time low. It has recovered substantially in the last 2 days of trading.

* The FTSE is now at an overall higher value than it was a week ago pre-Referendum.

* Bonds are in high demand and Yields are low.

* No company has announced any redundancies or that they are moving anywhere.

* Jaguar Land Rover have stated they are a British based company and have no plans to alter investment or production plans.

* Airbus said 'We are going nowhere'

* Nissan are not going anywhere as Sunderland is their most efficient plant globally.

So the various currency, Stock and Bonds markets have now decided to back this new Brexit Britain after we proved the 'experts' wrong.

Well that's alright then

Sorry, guess again...

Exactly, time to slash and burn public spending to reduce deficit and debt pile

Finally we might agree ...think the autumn budget could be interesting ..with 350,million per week to help pay of the nations.debts "

We haven't left the EU yet, there are no extra funds until we actually do.

maybe you should research How The EU Starves Africa Into Submission

» Add a new message to this topic