FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > free trade

free trade

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *horehouse OP   Couple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

Would the UK be happy with a free trade deal that had free movement of people cost us about the same as EU membership where we accepted EU rules and laws ..but on paper we are not a member .

Because out is out surely and that would be out

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple1000Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"Would the UK be happy with a free trade deal that had free movement of people cost us about the same as EU membership where we accepted EU rules and laws ..but on paper we are not a member .

Because out is out surely and that would be out "

Nice try even comical I would say, would also say clutching at straws or even scrapping the barrel.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Would the UK be happy with a free trade deal that had free movement of people cost us about the same as EU membership where we accepted EU rules and laws ..but on paper we are not a member .

I reckon that we will end up somewhere like that though there will be moans and whines about the cost (roughly the same as now) as well as the free movement issue. It will in fact be convenient all round because the opt outs that the UK had in Europe only really made us bit part players.

dissatisfied

Nice try even comical I would say, would also say clutching at straws or even scrapping the barrel. "

Think its closer to reality than you think .and I know the outers wouldn't moan because out is out after all..

manchester

Nice try even comical I would say, would also say clutching at straws or even scrapping the barrel.

Think its closer to reality than you think .and I know the outers wouldn't moan because out is out after all.."

Who you trying to kid "out is out after all" getting out is the first step. What would be the point in getting out, then going back to "EU rules and laws" definitely scrapping barrel now

manchester

Think its closer to reality than you think .and I know the outers wouldn't moan because out is out after all..

Who you trying to kid "out is out after all" getting out is the first step. What would be the point in getting out, then going back to "EU rules and laws" definitely scrapping barrel now "

Tbh I would say you are near on perfect example of why Cameron and remain lost, not taking the outers seriously. And I would also go as far as saying Johnson didn't even take the outers seriously and never expected to win. They and you underestimate the will of the outers and suffered for it.

dissatisfied

Who you trying to kid "out is out after all" getting out is the first step. What would be the point in getting out, then going back to "EU rules and laws" definitely scrapping barrel now "

You wouldn't be whining about which version of out the UK gets would you? The referendum was just about in or out ..not what comes after and how we trade with the EU single market ..

manchester

Who you trying to kid "out is out after all" getting out is the first step. What would be the point in getting out, then going back to "EU rules and laws" definitely scrapping barrel now

You wouldn't be whining about which version of out the UK gets would you? The referendum was just about in or out ..not what comes after and how we trade with the EU single market .."

Not whining mate over the moon tbh bin on a bit of a high since the 24th feeling positive excited about mine and my countries future. You ?

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

You wouldn't be whining about which version of out the UK gets would you? The referendum was just about in or out ..not what comes after and how we trade with the EU single market ..

Not whining mate over the moon tbh bin on a bit of a high since the 24th feeling positive excited about mine and my countries future. You ? "

So your answer is not to engage with the debate, facts or reality but to laugh, say "You lost!" and insist everything will be fine?

Good work

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Tbh I would say you are near on perfect example of why Cameron and remain lost, not taking the outers seriously. And I would also go as far as saying Johnson didn't even take the outers seriously and never expected to win. They and you underestimate the will of the outers and suffered for it. "

it will be the whole country that suffers..

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

Tbh I would say you are near on perfect example of why Cameron and remain lost, not taking the outers seriously. And I would also go as far as saying Johnson didn't even take the outers seriously and never expected to win. They and you underestimate the will of the outers and suffered for it. it will be the whole country that suffers.."

The rich will be fine but devil take the hindmost

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

Worst case, we leave and abide by WTO rules

dissatisfied

"Worst case, we leave and abide by WTO rules"

Probably not to bad the UK government would make money out of import tariffs.and maybe higher prices for imported goods will protect products made in the UK

By *eMontresMan  over a year ago

Halesowen

WTO rules worst case.

No point in accepting EU rules and paying just to access the EU market - worst of both worlds - no point.

It's in both the EU and UK's interests to allow access to markets and institutions.

Full and free access would require free movement of EU citizens. Somewhere between full access/free movement and no access/no free movement, there should be a deal to be struck which all parties can live with.

In any scenario, we would only accept EU regs in so far as they apply to trade. That was kinda the main point for leaving.

dissatisfied

Not whining mate over the moon tbh bin on a bit of a high since the 24th feeling positive excited about mine and my countries future. You ? "

Positively ecstatic ..cant wait for the first DIY recession..only decision to be made this time do I snap up more Than one property this time ..

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"Worst case, we leave and abide by WTO rules

Probably not to bad the UK government would make money out of import tariffs.and maybe higher prices for imported goods will protect products made in the UK "

bournemouth

"Worst case, we leave and abide by WTO rules"

Why ?

Halesowen

Why ?"

Because we are a member and it's a default set of basic protocols where no other trade agreement exists.

So in the absence of anything else, WTO protocols would apply

bournemouth

Why ?

Because we are a member and it's a default set of basic protocols where no other trade agreement exists.

So in the absence of anything else, WTO protocols would apply"

Sorry I misread your post,get what you mean now,its what I keep saying to people, we dont need a trade deal,they do,

Halesowen

Indeed.

When you go into a negotiating situation, you need to have decided 3 things.

1) best case

2) worst case

3) walk away point.

In this situation, 2 & 3 are essentially the same. We could live with trading with the whole world under the WTO umbrella.

So any improvement on that would be a bonus.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No I wouldn't. We voted out of membership of the EU. Let's make the most of our new opportunities x

» Add a new message to this topic