FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Post brexit trouble.

Post brexit trouble.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Post brexit racism have risen by 57%, all time high, do they really think this is good image for the country and too tourism?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Where do you get this 57% figure from

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Where do you get this 57% figure from"
It was on bbc London news yesterday.

Also on evening standard, they are targeting german cars.

Oh right... I wouldn't believe everything you read and the bbc are really a trusted source either.

I don't drive a German car.. I drive a british one.. oh hang on that must make me racist!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"I don't drive a German car.. I drive a british one.. oh hang on that must make me racist!"

Why such a facetious comment? Racist attacks ARE happening.

Dismissing the racism people are experiencing will lead me to think that you probably are racist. Just because you believe you're not doesn't mean that you don't do or say racist things.

"Oh right... I wouldn't believe everything you read and the bbc are really a trusted source either."

https://memecrunch.com/meme/5LDZ5/comical-ali/image.jpg?w=444&c=1

"I don't drive a German car.. I drive a british one.. oh hang on that must make me racist!

Dismissing the racism people are experiencing will lead me to think that you probably are racist. Just because you believe you're not doesn't mean that you don't do or say racist things.

"

You miss my point. My point is this.. people are finding the most stupid of reasons to point fingers and call names such as racist. I assure you I'm not. I don't give a toss where you come from or what colour your skin happens to be. I care about who you are, not what you are.

"I don't drive a German car.. I drive a british one.. oh hang on that must make me racist!

You miss my point. My point is this.. people are finding the most stupid of reasons to point fingers and call names such as racist. I assure you I'm not. I don't give a toss where you come from or what colour your skin happens to be. I care about who you are, not what you are. "

Your initial comment was to dismiss the claim because it was on the BBC news.

I know the Polish Centre that had racist comments painted outside. I was told I'd be thrown out of the country just today. I have had others tell me about their experiences. Your dismissal misses the point.

I was pointing out that the bbc aren't exactly well know for being impartial. I would have said the same thing for nearly all news and media. They all have an agenda. The bbc is meant to be impartial but they aren't... I think you read to much into my first comment

You miss my point. My point is this.. people are finding the most stupid of reasons to point fingers and call names such as racist. I assure you I'm not. I don't give a toss where you come from or what colour your skin happens to be. I care about who you are, not what you are.

Your initial comment was to dismiss the claim because it was on the BBC news.

I know the Polish Centre that had racist comments painted outside. I was told I'd be thrown out of the country just today. I have had others tell me about their experiences. Your dismissal misses the point.

"

I have no doubt that these apporent things are happening. But the idiots who are doing them where there last week. They are trying to hijack this whole situation. And the media loves to fan the flames.

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

"Oh right... I wouldn't believe everything you read and the bbc are really a trusted source either."

Here you are not bbc news

http://www.euronews.com/2016/06/28/racist-attacks-on-the-rise-since-brexit/

Or is it if it wasn't said by a racist like farage it cant be true

"Oh right... I wouldn't believe everything you read and the bbc are really a trusted source either.

Or is it if it wasn't said by a racist like farage it cant be true "

So Nigel Farage is a Racist. Is that what you are saying?

"I was pointing out that the bbc aren't exactly well know for being impartial. I would have said the same thing for nearly all news and media. They all have an agenda. The bbc is meant to be impartial but they aren't... I think you read to much into my first comment"

I was told I would be thrown out of the country today because of my colour. But of course I must just be over-reacting. The idiots feel they have free reign of the asylum now and think that they can do and say anything with impunity.

Telling me and people like me actually experiencing the rise in racist behaviour that we're reading too much into just acts as another slap down.

I know how to read the news. I also know where the figures come from. There HAS been a spike since the out vote. Whether it is a simple one off spike or a rising trend will take time to tell. This is something the BBC and the other reports I have seen make. They also made the point that ALL reporting has been increasing since people realised there was somewhere they could report these attacks.

I won't reply again as we'll just continue on the looped argument.

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

"Oh right... I wouldn't believe everything you read and the bbc are really a trusted source either.

So Nigel Farage is a Racist. Is that what you are saying?"

Sure am ..a racist stirring up hatred within the UK..also from his remarks about women should earn less than men the city ..amd his views on gays he is a sexist homophobe..just do your research and you will se what he and his party really are..

"I was pointing out that the bbc aren't exactly well know for being impartial. I would have said the same thing for nearly all news and media. They all have an agenda. The bbc is meant to be impartial but they aren't... I think you read to much into my first comment

I was told I would be thrown out of the country today because of my colour. But of course I must just be over-reacting. The idiots feel they have free reign of the asylum now and think that they can do and say anything with impunity.

Telling me and people like me actually experiencing the rise in racist behaviour that we're reading too much into just acts as another slap down.

I know how to read the news. I also know where the figures come from. There HAS been a spike since the out vote. Whether it is a simple one off spike or a rising trend will take time to tell. This is something the BBC and the other reports I have seen make. They also made the point that ALL reporting has been increasing since people realised there was somewhere they could report these attacks.

I won't reply again as we'll just continue on the looped argument.

"

X

So Nigel Farage is a Racist. Is that what you are saying?

Sure am ..a racist stirring up hatred within the UK..also from his remarks about women should earn less than men the city ..amd his views on gays he is a sexist homophobe..just do your research and you will se what he and his party really are.."

I suggest you say it to his face.

I've been labeled a racist and a xenophobe so many times in the past week. I'm sick to death of it. Take a ticket and get in line because I know the truth...

Recorded incidents have gone up from 57 in a 4 week period...to 83.

ANY increase is deplorable...in fact ANY racist abuse is.

But the actual numbers give more of a perspective on things. Rather like Iceland scoring 100% more goals than England. Does that make them twice as good? [scrub that....bad example. They were probably ten times better...but you can see what statistics can do].

» Add a new message to this topic