FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Government of National Unity

Government of National Unity

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I shudder to say this, but this is where we may be heading if Corbyn doesnt resign and the Tories elect a barmcake like Gove.

I have seen some extremely concerning things happening locally - the extremists on both sides of the divide are rubbing their hands with glee.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

"I shudder to say this, but this is where we may be heading if Corbyn doesnt resign and the Tories elect a barmcake like Gove.

I have seen some extremely concerning things happening locally - the extremists on both sides of the divide are rubbing their hands with glee.

"

it has got so bad that I've joined the Labour Party to vote against Corbyn. i cannot believe how week the guy is, especially coming out with his Israel/IS comparison and then not supporting one of his own MPs when she was abused by a Momentum activist

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"I shudder to say this, but this is where we may be heading if Corbyn doesnt resign and the Tories elect a barmcake like Gove.

it has got so bad that I've joined the Labour Party to vote against Corbyn. i cannot believe how week the guy is, especially coming out with his Israel/IS comparison and then not supporting one of his own MPs when she was abused by a Momentum activist "

to be fair to Corbyn, he wasn't chairing the meeting, chakribati was.

I believe he is holding on until the chilcott report is published.

On the other hand, all racism is abhorrent and he have known that there was a chance that his comments would be taken out of context in that way.

He compared the State of Israel to ISIS.

Bang out of order - and the reaction in Israel has been one of utter shock and disbelief.

By *olgateMan  over a year ago

on the road to nowhere in particular

"He compared the State of Israel to ISIS.

Bang out of order - and the reaction in Israel has been one of utter shock and disbelief."

No he didn't

By *horehouseCouple  over a year ago

dissatisfied

Bang out of order - and the reaction in Israel has been one of utter shock and disbelief."

Has he attended the farage school of charm ..how to win international friends and influence them...

Chudleigh

he said Jews should not be condemned for Israel in the same way as Muslims should not be condemned for IS.

any sane person at a discussion against anti-semitism would have avoided that statement like the plague.

even tho JC wasn't running the meeting, it is his party, he's the leader and he should have said that the comment was bang out of order. i din't inow where his moral compass is, but it aint working.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It's not that shocking, isis have waged a terrorist campaign for an Islamic state!.

Mossad or what turned into mossad waged a terrorist campaign for a Jewish state!.

What he said was 99% of Muslims have no hand in the creation of an Islamic state just like 99% of Jewish people had no hand in creating a Jewish state!.

That's not racism, that's just being honest

Chudleigh

Bang out of order - and the reaction in Israel has been one of utter shock and disbelief..

It's not that shocking, isis have waged a terrorist campaign for an Islamic state!.

Mossad or what turned into mossad waged a terrorist campaign for a Jewish state!.

What he said was 99% of Muslims have no hand in the creation of an Islamic state just like 99% of Jewish people had no hand in creating a Jewish state!.

That's not racism, that's just being honest"

& those were not the words used. but the fact is he should have avoided it.

Bang out of order - and the reaction in Israel has been one of utter shock and disbelief..

That's not racism, that's just being honest

& those were not the words used. but the fact is he should have avoided it. "

Why? Have we suddenly turned into children incapable of truth.

He said what the Jewish state does today!! He wouldn't go as far as me but he would have been better off going the distance.

Terrorism has been going for centuries for the creation of states by ideology or religion?.

It's not exactly ground breaking revelations, the state of Israel today is already in breach of about 20 odd UN mandates...

What's he's doing is saying the truth and that at the same time we don't need to be stupid about it, at least people might actually see where the question of isis is coming from and going too

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Getting back to the OP and a coalition of national unity, I doubt it will happen. But I would like to see a lot more of parliamentary time devoted to private members bills which were unwhipped. I think there is too much voting along party lines, and I think that we should be more open and honest and saying that you can't agree with everything that one party says, and nothing another says.

For example you might agree with the tories on welfare caps, but not fracking. Or support Corbyn's stance on Trident, but not re-nationalisation etc.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

OP, is that a government of 'National' (Establishment) Unity or of (genuine) National Unity?

I would suggest the two are not the same.

"Getting back to the OP and a coalition of national unity, I doubt it will happen. But I would like to see a lot more of parliamentary time devoted to private members bills which were unwhipped. I think there is too much voting along party lines, and I think that we should be more open and honest and saying that you can't agree with everything that one party says, and nothing another says.

For example you might agree with the tories on welfare caps, but not fracking. Or support Corbyn's stance on Trident, but not re-nationalisation etc. "

Government of the people by the people for the people!!!

It'll never catch on

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

it has got so bad that I've joined the Labour Party to vote against Corbyn. i cannot believe how week the guy is, especially coming out with his Israel/IS comparison and then not supporting one of his own MPs when she was abused by a Momentum activist "

The only thing that's weak are the minds of people who think Corbyn came out with an Israel/IS comparison.

But that's what comes of forming opinions based on what people tell you someone said, rather than listening to their own words.

it has got so bad that I've joined the Labour Party to vote against Corbyn. i cannot believe how week the guy is, especially coming out with his Israel/IS comparison and then not supporting one of his own MPs when she was abused by a Momentum activist

The only thing that's weak are the minds of people who think Corbyn came out with an Israel/IS comparison.

But that's what comes of forming opinions based on what people tell you someone said, rather than listening to their own words."

I was called a "Zionist" the other day for daring to voice concern at what is happening. At our local Momentum meeting last night, friends tell me that they were shocked by the anti-senitism and conspiracy theories they heard including a claim that Mossad are funding the "Blairites"

Things are heading in a very dark direction.

By *carlet_heavenWoman  over a year ago

somewhere in the sticks

"Government of the people by the people for the people!!!

It'll never catch on" (the-doors)

"Things are heading in a very dark direction." (SandB15)

We can all do something about this…no-one has to just let it happen-if they don't want it to. We are ALL empowered!

"Getting back to the OP and a coalition of national unity, I doubt it will happen. But I would like to see a lot more of parliamentary time devoted to private members bills which were unwhipped. I think there is too much voting along party lines, and I think that we should be more open and honest and saying that you can't agree with everything that one party says, and nothing another says.

For example you might agree with the tories on welfare caps, but not fracking. Or support Corbyn's stance on Trident, but not re-nationalisation etc. "

There is little unity in the Tory Party....and none at all in Labour. Where the F... Is national unity going to come from?

Bristol

But that's what comes of forming opinions based on what people tell you someone said, rather than listening to their own words.

I was called a "Zionist" the other day for daring to voice concern at what is happening. At our local Momentum meeting last night, friends tell me that they were shocked by the anti-senitism and conspiracy theories they heard including a claim that Mossad are funding the "Blairites"

Things are heading in a very dark direction."

Interesting.

But what has it got to do with what I posted? As far as I can tell it's a completely unrelated anecdote.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Things are heading in a very dark direction."

If it's true, I dont think Mossad are getting a very good return on their investment!

"

Coup d'état

Bristol

Things are heading in a very dark direction.

If it's true, I dont think Mossad are getting a very good return on their investment!

"

Indeed! Maybe they should stick a few thousand in the coffers of the Chuckle Brothers, they seem a bit more organised.

Bristol

[Removed by poster at 01/07/16 18:17:44]

By *rank69redMan  over a year ago

Galway

Honestly a few points Britain has the courage to step away from German rule surely that was what 2 wars were for. Don't think you will be bullied to stay or you'll get a hard time. We'll done to the UK . I support an EEC but not an EU. Britain is big enough to stand alone wish Ireland was. We were hung out to dry by Germany and charged 6% for loans to help save their banks and bondholders. Don't fear this is the start of a pushback against nameless unelected twits who bully us around. Why not do what the Irish had to do keep voting until you give them the result they want No is No. Well done Britain

» Add a new message to this topic