FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Teresa May

Teresa May

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *tillup4fun OP   Man  over a year ago

Wakefield

Do you think Teresa May is strong enough to get the UK a good deal from the EU?

I think she could be what are your thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm sure she will but she doesn't actually have to do anything to get one better than the one we have at the moment

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

She certainly seems the choice of her own after some of the perpetrators of the thing lost their bottle..

who knows what the future will bring but she will only do so when she is ready I think..

May is a remainer at heart and she will do her best to be in the eu the same time.

May is a Leaver at heart, hence the reason Chris Grayling the leader of the Leave campaign backed her so strongly to become PM

"May is a Leaver at heart, hence the reason Chris Grayling the leader of the Leave campaign backed her so strongly to become PM"
She did campaign for being in and what she thinks about it, here is a clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-6kBDkgxo

"May is a Leaver at heart, hence the reason Chris Grayling the leader of the Leave campaign backed her so strongly to become PM"

I really don't see any logic in thay statement

"May is a Leaver at heart, hence the reason Chris Grayling the leader of the Leave campaign backed her so strongly to become PM

I really don't see any logic in thay statement "

why not?

"May is a Leaver at heart, hence the reason Chris Grayling the leader of the Leave campaign backed her so strongly to become PM

why not?"

Ok, its like saying May is a Muslim at heart if a muslim was backing her to be PM even though she's say a Christian

why not?

Ok, its like saying May is a Muslim at heart if a muslim was backing her to be PM even though she's say a Christian "

Perfectly good point. Also note politicians lie. So we are not certain what politicians want, maybe power. Corbyn was a brexiter in his first leadership contest. Maybe he should be PM.

"Do you think Teresa May is strong enough to get the UK a good deal from the EU?

I think she could be what are your thoughts?"

Honestly, I don't think it matters who does the negotiation very much. It's dillusional to imagine that even the best negotiators get ~30% more than an average negotiator, since they are ultimately bound by the strength of their negotiating position.

In this case, the lady has:

1. A shit negotiating position

2. A shit history of negotiation skills

why not?"

Exactly....like Corbin is a leaver at heart...

why not?

Exactly....like Corbin is a leaver at heart..."

I think the things that came out im todays papers might add a bit of weight to my point

why not?

I think the things that came out im todays papers might add a bit of weight to my point"

I like to swing my vote, like I do my sex life. I think that story shows how increasingly dysfunctional the Conservatives are becoming.

Enabled by an even more insane looney left in the Labour party...

"I'm sure she will but she doesn't actually have to do anything to get one better than the one we have at the moment"

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

why not?

I think the things that came out im todays papers might add a bit of weight to my point

I like to swing my vote, like I do my sex life. I think that story shows how increasingly dysfunctional the Conservatives are becoming.

Enabled by an even more insane looney left in the Labour party... "

I think there is a possibility of the conservative party tearing themselves apart over the course of this parliament.

why not?

Enabled by an even more insane looney left in the Labour party...

I think there is a possibility of the conservative party tearing themselves apart over the course of this parliament."

There's always a possibility, that's why we need brier scores

The difference is that its already happened in labour

why not?

I think the things that came out im todays papers might add a bit of weight to my point"

May is perfect to lead the Tories

Just a shame Gisella Stewart wasn't leading Labour, although never say never.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Do you think Teresa May is strong enough to get the UK a good deal from the EU?

I think she could be what are your thoughts?"

PM May has a poisoned chalice and she is not helped by having a country that is split down the middle about this whole situation. She has been told by Japaneae investors and Anerican banks what they will do if she prejudices single market access and all the while she has rabid Brexiters at her back with pitch forks screaming "out, out, out."

There is no question in my mind that this government will negotiate as best they can and then put it to the country. Invoking Article 50 by Royal Charter is one thing but setting the country on a course of economic meltdown is not something that any Prime Minister would want as their legacy.

It might help if all political parties made an effort to champion the cause of compromise in order to unite the country again. In 1975 the UK achieved a decisive majority to stay in Europe. That majority was more than 34%. In June we had a divisive referendum that was won with less than 4% of the vote and which was influence by blatant lies. The division really needs to be addressed at home in order to give PM May a fighting chance in Brussels.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

[Removed by poster at 25/09/16 20:24:03]

PM May has a poisoned chalice and she is not helped by having a country that is split down the middle about this whole situation. She has been told by Japaneae investors and Anerican banks what they will do if she prejudices single market access and all the while she has rabid Brexiters at her back with pitch forks screaming "out, out, out."

There is no question in my mind that this government will negotiate as best they can and then put it to the country. Invoking Article 50 by Royal Charter is one thing but setting the country on a course of economic meltdown is not something that any Prime Minister would want as their legacy.

It might help if all political parties made an effort to champion the cause of compromise in order to unite the country again. In 1975 the UK achieved a decisive majority to stay in Europe. That majority was more than 34%. In June we had a divisive referendum that was won with less than 4% of the vote and which was influence by blatant lies. The division really needs to be addressed at home in order to give PM May a fighting chance in Brussels."

In your opinion....

May was never a true remainer

And blatant lies were told on both sides

But I guess that doesn't suit your agenda, or that of others who voted remain x

By *tillup4fun OP   Man  over a year ago

Wakefield

It might help if all political parties made an effort to champion the cause of compromise in order to unite the country again. In 1975 the UK achieved a decisive majority to stay in Europe. That majority was more than 34%. In June we had a divisive referendum that was won with less than 4% of the vote and which was influence by blatant lies. The division really needs to be addressed at home in order to give PM May a fighting chance in Brussels.

In your opinion....

"

By *an_WoodMan  over a year ago

Stafford

why not?

May is perfect to lead the Tories

Just a shame Gisella Stewart wasn't leading Labour, although never say never.

"

Stuart is a joke. Maybe worth a punchline to the comedy flailings of McDonnell

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

It might help if all political parties made an effort to champion the cause of compromise in order to unite the country again. In 1975 the UK achieved a decisive majority to stay in Europe. That majority was more than 34%. In June we had a divisive referendum that was won with less than 4% of the vote and which was influence by blatant lies. The division really needs to be addressed at home in order to give PM May a fighting chance in Brussels."

This completely

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

In your opinion....

"

I just know you are going to take this as an attack but it's not.

Mays for or against stance before the referendum doesn't matter now. She is a professional politician and has a difficult task to do. As the poster says, she has to try and keep opposing factions happy.

You have both said both sides lied. I'm pleased that you agree about something A good sign that reconciliation is possible

The poster didn't espouse an agenda or a for or against position. Only that the sitting PM (who happens to be Conservative, but could easily have been a Labour person) has a difficult job ahead.

"

Unite the country!

The whole point of democracy is to divide the country.

The question in 1975 was not comparable to 2016. Although the alternative vote was a landslide so we could go around asking stupid questions to get one sided answers and give the impression of being united?

» Add a new message to this topic