FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Is putin flexing his muscles

Is putin flexing his muscles

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For another cold war with the west? I reckon he is, one said he is doing it for internal reasons as well as external, what is your view on it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"For another cold war with the west? I reckon he is, one said he is doing it for internal reasons as well as external, what is your view on it?"

No

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"For another cold war with the west? I reckon he is, one said he is doing it for internal reasons as well as external, what is your view on it?"

No., nato are going to conduct the biggest exercise since the cold war right on the russian border, in a non threatening manner nato reportedly said.. How they do that non threatingly is beyond me but there you are.

If your refering to the russian carrier flotilla then they haven't done anything the usa haven't done.

Putin doesn't need a Cold War to achieve his aims. He has taken back the Crimea, re-enforced Russian influence in Eastern Ukraine (and in the process sent the EU numpties packing) and is now the dominant Superpower in the ME.

Western European/EU liberal leaders are so PC and weak they pose no credible opposition to his ambitions whatever/wherever they may be while a few more generous deposits into the Clinton Foundation will further neutralise a Clinton Presidency.

first 4 posts say it all, nothing more to say, may as well close the thread

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"first 4 posts say it all, nothing more to say, may as well close the thread"

agreed

If anyone is flexing its muscles for a new coldwar its Nato and the US.

Putin has continuously said he wants better relations with the US.

the US on the other hand seem to want to blame russia for everything thats going wrong in the world.

hmm its almost like how they blamed iraq for everything then libya then al quada then isis.

its like they are trying to make everyone believe russia is the enemy as it did with all those others.

thankfully from forums and comments on various sites, social media that the people are not buying into the propaganda.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"If your refering to the russian carrier flotilla then they haven't done anything the usa haven't done. "
Yes to that one and yeah they was talking about it on question time yesterday as well.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If your refering to the russian carrier flotilla then they haven't done anything the usa haven't done. "

with the US having, is it 5 or 6 such carrier groups..

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Meanwhile the rest of the world has to pick up the pieces and deal with the fallout that the US and Russia generates with its sabre rattling....

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Meanwhile the rest of the world has to pick up the pieces and deal with the fallout that the US and Russia generates with its sabre rattling...."
Utter tosh !!!

I like Putin, because for a politician he seems very straight forward.

It's ok telling people what they want to hear, our politicians are good at that, but sadly lacking in honesty, and don't get me started on the US!

All the lies, the deceit, the greed, and the warmongering of western politicians, and they have the nerve to chastise Russia. I'm not buying it..

"Meanwhile the rest of the world has to pick up the pieces and deal with the fallout that the US and Russia generates with its sabre rattling.... Utter tosh !!!"

Not sure if sarcasm or not, but if not, why do you say utter tosh?

Just curious.

I don't think the russian flotilla is Russia flexing its muscles, I think it's being doing that - rightfully or wrongfully for a while now.

e.g, that russian submarine which the swedish navy had to politely tell to piss off.

"I like Putin, because for a politician he seems very straight forward.

It's ok telling people what they want to hear, our politicians are good at that, but sadly lacking in honesty, and don't get me started on the US!

All the lies, the deceit, the greed, and the warmongering of western politicians, and they have the nerve to chastise Russia. I'm not buying it.. "

I hear this a lot, in truth I understand, he has a very bread and butter approach to things. That calm in control attitude is admirable.

That said I despise many policies he enforces.

And as a Russian person I met on holiday reminded me, Putin pretty much regulates and controls the Russian media, so his 'good and strong' outward appearance is quite polished and buffed up.

Literally in annual Russian president to populace live debates, the audience are selected, rather than open application. So nobody in the audience will strongly contest Putin.

All the lies, the deceit, the greed, and the warmongering of western politicians, and they have the nerve to chastise Russia. I'm not buying it..

I hear this a lot, in truth I understand, he has a very bread and butter approach to things. That calm in control attitude is admirable.

And as a Russian person I met on holiday reminded me, Putin pretty much regulates and controls the Russian media, so his 'good and strong' outward appearance is quite polished and buffed up.

Literally in annual Russian president to populace live debates, the audience are selected, rather than open application. So nobody in the audience will strongly contest Putin. "

you meet some people you do

Babbacombe Torquay

All the lies, the deceit, the greed, and the warmongering of western politicians, and they have the nerve to chastise Russia. I'm not buying it.. "

Putin IS NOT a politician, Putin is a figurehead for a non political movement in Russia.

It's just two big opposing forces flexing muscles for business!!.

Russia Iran Syria on one side

Us Saudi French UK on the other.

Both these sides are competing for business and trying to confirm control on the business sector their interested in... The middle East!.

Qatar want to build a pipeline for natural gas through Saudi Iraq Jordan Syria turkey where they will sell Arabian gas to the EU.... Syria says we won't take part in your pipeline, the CIA then orchestrates popular uprising against Assad who by and large for the middle East was a "benign" dictator.... Let loose the dogs of war and prepare for qatari gas...

Russia says... Hang on, the EU is our fucking market we sell them 80% of the gas, our pipeline from our friends in Iran will come through Iran Iraq Syria and unto the EU and we'll shore up eastern Ukraine and Crimea as our pipelines run through there!!.

Civil wars don't exist on a existential basis there nearly always created by people who want it to be that way, in some cases like the middle East they make it rather easy for them as the general population is slightly crackers about that God guy..

I don't fear either the Russians or the yanks there just two sides doing capitalistic things that people do in a capitalist dominated world

Or to put it another way there's a sunni pipeline and a shia pipeline and one of those pipelines will win.....a bit like vhs and betamax videos

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"For another cold war with the west? I reckon he is, one said he is doing it for internal reasons as well as external, what is your view on it?.

Both these sides are competing for business and trying to confirm control on the business sector their interested in... The middle East!.

Qatar want to build a pipeline for natural gas through Saudi Iraq Jordan Syria turkey where they will sell Arabian gas to the EU.... Syria says we won't take part in your pipeline, the CIA then orchestrates popular uprising against Assad who by and large for the middle East was a "benign" dictator.... Let loose the dogs of war and prepare for qatari gas...

Russia says... Hang on, the EU is our fucking market we sell them 80% of the gas, our pipeline from our friends in Iran will come through Iran Iraq Syria and unto the EU and we'll shore up eastern Ukraine and Crimea as our pipelines run through there!!.

Civil wars don't exist on a existential basis there nearly always created by people who want it to be that way, in some cases like the middle East they make it rather easy for them as the general population is slightly crackers about that God guy..

I don't fear either the Russians or the yanks there just two sides doing capitalistic things that people do in a capitalist dominated world"

and then you have the chinese out bidding everybody for natural resources thier current stratergy is to invest massivley aid projects in africa whilst we are busy sqabbling over the middle east

Babbacombe Torquay

"For another cold war with the west? I reckon he is, one said he is doing it for internal reasons as well as external, what is your view on it?.

I don't fear either the Russians or the yanks there just two sides doing capitalistic things that people do in a capitalist dominated worldand then you have the chinese out bidding everybody for natural resources thier current stratergy is to invest massivley aid projects in africa whilst we are busy sqabbling over the middle east "

Exactly what I was saying earlier in the week, Africa is being carved up by the Chinese who are trading infrastructure projects like Power and Water facilities, roads, schools and hospitals in exchange for exclusive rights to natural resources.

Literally in annual Russian president to populace live debates, the audience are selected, rather than open application. So nobody in the audience will strongly contest Putin.

you meet some people you do "

I do I'm very chatty

Everybody is carving for their own benefits, that Qatar gas wasn't going all over the world, it was going to the EU, promised to us if we help rid the sunni Arabs of the shia ones!!.

Fuck me were the most sanctimonious bunch all slagging of others while doing the same?.

All that bollocks about blood diamonds.... Trust me the fossil fuel industry is the daddy of dictatorship brutally willing to kill everything and anyone that gets in its way and your all its shareholders!!!!

"Everybody is carving for their own benefits, that Qatar gas wasn't going all over the world, it was going to the EU, promised to us if we help rid the sunni Arabs of the shia ones!!.

Fuck me were the most sanctimonious bunch all slagging of others while doing the same?.

All that bollocks about blood diamonds.... Trust me the fossil fuel industry is the daddy of dictatorship brutally willing to kill everything and anyone that gets in its way and your all its shareholders!!!!"

Sadly a dictatorship the world is reliant on as well right now.

"Everybody is carving for their own benefits, that Qatar gas wasn't going all over the world, it was going to the EU, promised to us if we help rid the sunni Arabs of the shia ones!!.

All that bollocks about blood diamonds.... Trust me the fossil fuel industry is the daddy of dictatorship brutally willing to kill everything and anyone that gets in its way and your all its shareholders!!!!

Sadly a dictatorship the world is reliant on as well right now."

Nah I'm sorry, that's just a liberal bullshit cop out, it's like this fabled who's more evil Hillary or bill, there both fucking evil, I'm not buying into this I'm voting for the lesser evil setup spun by the establishment, it's why we are where we are.

All these do good fucking liberals complaining about third world poverty and oh aren't black people treated terrible.... Well they fill their car fly on the plane, put the heating on so they can lounge in pyjamas.... This isn't something new, this has been going on for forty years with oil and gas... Sudan, Nigeria, Iran, Iraq, Venezuela, Indonesia, Afghanistan... The list is fucking endless and quite frankly I for one am getting sick to death of paying for the fossil fuels fall out from this narrative of.... Oh but you need us! We can mess up the gulf, the Canadian wildness, Alaska, north sea, Irish sea, arctic,Siberia, refugees, murder, civil war there's no fucking limit to our depths of evil..... We can do anything as long as you lot keep thinking there needed.

Your not even falling for bullshit these days... You all fucking know, your willing accomplices this behaviour, you turn the other cheek every time you fill that car up..... Well sure I'm buying this oil but I didn't know people died for it...... Fuck off, that's like imagining that the cocaine industry pay over time and holiday pay while your shoving it up your nose because hell... Who wants to feel guilty right!.

And that's the good people in talking about the nice liberal folk who buy the guardian.... The other fuckers couldn't give a rat's arse providing they can fill there new car up for less!.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"Or to put it another way there's a sunni pipeline and a shia pipeline and one of those pipelines will win.....a bit like vhs and betamax videos"

Hah well the jokes on them I bought a laserdisc

I think he fancies a go ! He knows if it comes to it the Yanks will abandon us !

"Your not even falling for bullshit these days... You all fucking know, your willing accomplices this behaviour, you turn the other cheek every time you fill that car up..... Well sure I'm buying this oil but I didn't know people died for it...... Fuck off, that's like imagining that the cocaine industry pay over time and holiday pay while your shoving it up your nose because hell... Who wants to feel guilty right!.

And that's the good people in talking about the nice liberal folk who buy the guardian.... The other fuckers couldn't give a rat's arse providing they can fill there new car up for less!.

"

annnnnd breeeeeèathhhhh

Babbacombe Torquay

"I think he fancies a go ! He knows if it comes to it the Yanks will abandon us ! "

I tend to agree....

I think he would go to the Brink ! He knows the Yanks will let the rest of us go hang !

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

the world is in a bad situation right now does not bear thinking about

I think we should spend money on our Air Defence

It's all a big bollocks show...look at mine, they're bigger than yours. They should grow the fuck up. If you look at the logical conclusions, there are no satisfactory outcomes to behaving in this manner, leaving someone who mistakenly believes their behaviour earns them respect when in reality it makes them look like a stupid posturing cunt.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I think he fancies a go ! He knows if it comes to it the Yanks will abandon us ! "
he knows that in a shooting war his surface fleet would be sunk within the first day or restricted to the Black Sea

Its just posturing,,he has to be be seen to be a strongman and not to concede anything to the west..looking weak would almost certainly see an end to his reign in russia..he has no interest in a war with the west reason being he would lose spectacularly

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

"I think he fancies a go ! He knows if it comes to it the Yanks will abandon us ! he knows that in a shooting war his surface fleet would be sunk within the first day or restricted to the Black Sea "

Don't agree, Russia would not be sunk at all, look into things further than MSM tell you. you will find USA navy personal left in record numbers after the Russians buzzed a destroyer (donald cook) 12 times locking on doing dummy runs on bombing it, Americans system was shut down by the Russian leaving them ready to be sunk

Russia would annihilate USA (NATO) with or with out nukes.

in height of the cold war when NATO was strongest they only expected to last 4 days if Russia attacked

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Its just posturing,,he has to be be seen to be a strongman and not to concede anything to the west..looking weak would almost certainly see an end to his reign in russia..he has no interest in a war with the west reason being he would lose spectacularly "

Wars are started by posturing. Putin may be posturing, but he has already placed his nuclear arsenal on alert once because he understands that if his bluff is called he will find himself in a position where he will have to fight. Therefore it is my opinion that there is a lot less bluff involved in Russian 'posturing' than many believe and that we have ourselves a new Stalin in Russia and that is not good for the world.

» Add a new message to this topic