FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > go trumper

go trumper

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anejohnkent6263 OP   Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

wow can wait for Donald to be in charge fun times ahead.But what a choice they have...Donald the man or a short fat crook who looks like judy finnigan...the yanks certainly know how to pick a prezz..just look at the guy in office now...achivements...nil

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of all the criticisms that could be levelled at Clinton, you chose looks as your reason why Trump is the more appropriate candidate?

By *anejohnkent6263 OP   Couple  over a year ago

canterbury

oh no how wrong of me ...Donald fat bauld man with lots of hair now ??? but very rich who hates the poor people....even it up at all.....ps she still pig ugly

Beauty / attractiveness is subjective.

And I've made my own subjective assessment of the OP based on how the thread is going so far.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They are both far from ideal, Clinton has been Trumps best weapon thus far and it could be said that had either side had a half decent candidate without all the baggage they both have then it would be all over by now..

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 02/11/16 10:06:03]

London

"wow can wait for Donald to be in charge fun times ahead.But what a choice they have...Donald the man or a short fat crook who looks like judy finnigan...the yanks certainly know how to pick a prezz..just look at the guy in office now...achivements...nil"

That guy in office was the one responsible for free health care for a considerable proportion for the population who couldn't afford it. Many presidents before him tried and failed.

A deed he said was more important than his attaining the office of president, of which I agree . It's legacy that will stand the test of time.

He sacrificed free health care for everything else he wanted to do. His hands were tied after that. So many Democrats lost their seats so he couldn't complete any other mandates that he had because Republicans would and did vote/fillibuster them out.

Would Trump make that sacrifice? Really?

Can you do without the NHS? Maybe you can, but quite a significant proportion of the UK can't and won't.

London

"wow can wait for Donald to be in charge fun times ahead.But what a choice they have...Donald the man or a short fat crook who looks like judy finnigan...the yanks certainly know how to pick a prezz..just look at the guy in office now...achivements...nil"

And yeah, it's gonna be fun times ahead with Trump is it?

According to press reports, He seems to have had fun loving KKK members as parents....

So whose it gonna be fun time for then?

Since you seem to pass comments on Hillary Clinton's looks, can you pass comment on how fine Trump's parents look dressed up in their KKK gear, please. It's all over the Internet. Let Google be your friend.

Does Mrs Trump look like Judy Finnigan too?

Please, do tell...

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Considering that the director of the FBI was a card carrying member of the Republican Party and there are now questions being asked about his conduct it will be interesting to see how he fares regardless of how the election plays out.

However it is strange how most people call Clinton corrupt when it is Trump who boasted about how he has been paying off politicians to get what he wants for years, and it is Trump who suggested that a member of the NRA could deal with Clinton and that the Russians could hack and publish Democratic emails for his benefit. Now if you want a definitive example of corrupt I would say it is Trump, not Clinton.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Its a shame that this election has been so completely focused on the candidates, and not the policies.

London

"Its a shame that this election has been so completely focused on the candidates, and not the policies."

Couldn't agree with you more.

But as voters we deserve what we vote for, I'm afraid. We vote for what we get.

Sometimes that gives me hope. Most times it gives me quiet resignation, knowing what is to come.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"Its a shame that this election has been so completely focused on the candidates, and not the policies."

I am over in the US again and frankly the coverage has just gone OTT. At no stage could I have ever thought that the Trumpster could win. But I do now.

I was out driving around the other day and the number of Trump garden signs was astonishing. I was with an Attorney yesterday who very straight faced and serious said. "Trump is our only hope, if Clinton gets in, she is so crooked that we are really all totally screwed." No hint of irony and said with absolute sincerity.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Looking forward to world war three then the man is a bigoted idiot to be polite about him.He has the tact of Clarkson,the ignorance of Corbyn need I go on

"Its a shame that this election has been so completely focused on the candidates, and not the policies.

I am over in the US again and frankly the coverage has just gone OTT. At no stage could I have ever thought that the Trumpster could win. But I do now.

I was out driving around the other day and the number of Trump garden signs was astonishing. I was with an Attorney yesterday who very straight faced and serious said. "Trump is our only hope, if Clinton gets in, she is so crooked that we are really all totally screwed." No hint of irony and said with absolute sincerity."

Good. I agree with him a lot. My ex was a latina and she said that they are basically ruining parts of Cali. Immigration is far too high. Many people are tired of the feminine, political correctness of the modern western World.

"wow can wait for Donald to be in charge fun times ahead.But what a choice they have...Donald the man or a short fat crook who looks like judy finnigan...the yanks certainly know how to pick a prezz..just look at the guy in office now...achivements...nilLooking forward to world war three then the man is a bigoted idiot to be polite about him.He has the tact of Clarkson,the ignorance of Corbyn need I go on"

Oh please. Wasn't WW3 going to happen if we left the EU? Where are the four horsemen?

Policies like building a wall around Mexico? Banning Muslims. Reversing the healthcare packages.....plenty policies about! Just rather crackpot ones?

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

from day 1 i said Trump would win, but then i said Brexit would also. seems after years of people telling me how out of touch i am, now they undersatnd its them who live in echo chambers. i work all over the UK. so brexit was very easy to see

as for free health care, well every American i know, including all my family over there say Obama care is a disaster already costing them twice as much and national debt as doubled so easy the worst in history which is a shame

Trey Gowdy should of run, but then he very intelligent and might not fancy a sinking ship

Cambridge

"Its a shame that this election has been so completely focused on the candidates, and not the policies.

I was out driving around the other day and the number of Trump garden signs was astonishing. I was with an Attorney yesterday who very straight faced and serious said. "Trump is our only hope, if Clinton gets in, she is so crooked that we are really all totally screwed." No hint of irony and said with absolute sincerity.

Good. I agree with him a lot. My ex was a latina and she said that they are basically ruining parts of Cali. Immigration is far too high. Many people are tired of the feminine, political correctness of the modern western World."

I'm not.

Good. I agree with him a lot. My ex was a latina and she said that they are basically ruining parts of Cali. Immigration is far too high. Many people are tired of the feminine, political correctness of the modern western World.

I'm not."

then you are part of the problem

Preston

I'm not.

then you are part of the problem"

PC and 3rd wave feminine is like Milo says CANCER

I'm not."

Yeah but you hate white people and the western world.

in Lancashire

Good. I agree with him a lot. My ex was a latina and she said that they are basically ruining parts of Cali. Immigration is far too high. Many people are tired of the feminine, political correctness of the modern western World."

What exactly is the feminine political correctness of the Western world?

This forum has turned into a ALT-Right love - in.

Scary stuff.

London

"

Scary stuff."

Tell me about it....

I tend to avoid the politics board for this very reason.

No Bueno.

[Removed by poster at 02/11/16 15:13:07]

Trump is going to change the world on political correctness, trump, trump, trump

"Trump is going to change the world on political correctness, trump, trump, trump "

have to agree with that

crazy you can vote and change your mind 3 times though!!!

The polls are now neck and neck and if the Brexit vote is an indicator then the quiet voters may well demonstrate next week that the Clinton mafia's social media slaves actually represent the minority...just as the remoaners do here!

"

Scary stuff."

It really has, it's hideous. It's like 4chan with more penis photos.

Cambridge

"

Scary stuff."

That's why we need some more sensible voices to join in the politics forums

Cambridge

"

Yeah but you hate white people and the western world."

Why do you say that?

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

If you have ever been to Cali you would know that if it wasn't for the Latina labourers there wouldn't be the incredible horticultural industry that the State has, on the many thousands of farms and vineyards of Cali the vast majority of workers are Latinas.....

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

That guy in office was the one responsible for free health care for a considerable proportion for the population who couldn't afford it. Many presidents before him tried and failed.

"

its the poison chalis.....

this is why for how much the republicans say they want to repeal the affordable care act...... there is no way they will do it!!!

do you really want to be known as the party... or the president, who took away healthcare away from 40 million people

you would pay a huge price for that in 2018 and 2020!!! those political ads would crush you!!!

Things are starting to run well for Trump and opinion polls are turning

fingers crossed this man gets in

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Things are starting to run well for Trump and opinion polls are turning

fingers crossed this man gets in"

not a chance... he has to still turn a blue state red somewhere..... that isn't going to florida or colorado (where the latino backlash seems the be happening)... it isn't pennsylvania where he is down 7.......

it now looks like maine and new hampshire are out of reach...... and north carolina she is still up by 5....

i think it is interesting where the campaigns are holding the big events.... trump has to send pence for example to defend indiana and utah..... clinton looking at expanding the map by getting utah and nevada

Babbacombe Torquay

Donald Trump on ISIS: 'I would knock the hell out of them,' and then 'I'd take the oil for our country'

not a chance... he has to still turn a blue state red somewhere..... that isn't going to florida or colorado (where the latino backlash seems the be happening)... it isn't pennsylvania where he is down 7.......

it now looks like maine and new hampshire are out of reach...... and north carolina she is still up by 5....

i think it is interesting where the campaigns are holding the big events.... trump has to send pence for example to defend indiana and utah..... clinton looking at expanding the map by getting utah and nevada"

He has Florida in the bag

thought you were coming up to visit Scotland, still waiting to give you a big welcome buddy

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Donald Trump on ISIS: 'I would knock the hell out of them,' and then 'I'd take the oil for our country'

"

I'm still trying to work out how many violations of the geneva convention that would be......

Trump 272, Clinton 266

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think it is interesting where the campaigns are holding the big events.... trump has to send pence for example to defend indiana and utah..... clinton looking at expanding the map by getting utah and nevada

thought you were coming up to visit Scotland, still waiting to give you a big welcome buddy "

just as well i get to vote in new york state.... I remember trump saying he would put that in play in this election... last poll had trump down in new york state 23...

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Trump 272, Clinton 266"

humour me... so which states do you have trump winning that romney didn't to get to that figure?

London

"

its the poison chalis.....

this is why for how much the republicans say they want to repeal the affordable care act...... there is no way they will do it!!!

do you really want to be known as the party... or the president, who took away healthcare away from 40 million people

you would pay a huge price for that in 2018 and 2020!!! those political ads would crush you!!!"

Exactly. Yes, he was the first black president, but that is definitely not the legacy. It is noticeable acheivement nevertheless.

A vast number of people from jobs that they were stuck in due to necessary health insurance plans.

One of the consequences of free healthcare I instantly noted was the freedom of labour. People had more job mobility and that in itself must give the economy a boost.

That was the legacy.

Once people have got that freedom, they're not going to give it up easily...

You're right. Free healthcare is here to stay.

Babbacombe Torquay

"Donald Trump on ISIS: 'I would knock the hell out of them,' and then 'I'd take the oil for our country'

I'm still trying to work out how many violations of the geneva convention that would be......"

I've just listened to three of his recent campaign speeches, he just rambles....

He is extremely isolationist in his views, the last time the States showed such extreme signs of isolationism it was followed swiftly by the depression.

Babbacombe Torquay

Trump on Syria......"When I do come up with a plan that I like and that perhaps agrees with mine, or maybe doesn’t, I may love what the generals come back with,”

Hilary is a national security risk and cant be trusted with classifed info, imagine what could happen with the 9/11 files that are hidden and other stuff.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Scary stuff.

That's why we need some more sensible voices to join in the politics forums "

i think ALT-Right is an unfair term because it also includes white nationalists.. and i am sure there are people here who will try and seperate themselves from that.....

i think that trump is a personification of what i call the "breibart" right..... the ones that even fox news say "woah!!!!!!"

thats why i think that trumps end games isnt that he actually wants to be president... he wants to lose close enough to whinge and say it was rigged and fixed... and use that to start up a "trump tv" network......

Babbacombe Torquay

Trump on North Korea......"China should solve that problem for us. China should go into North Korea. China is totally powerful as it relates to North Korea.”

London

i think it is interesting where the campaigns are holding the big events.... trump has to send pence for example to defend indiana and utah..... clinton looking at expanding the map by getting utah and nevada"

He's lost Texas too.

I am a member of a US forum for the last 3 years and during this time have been reading young people of ethnic minorities moving to Texas. The press noted the increase in the population too.

I noted in the press a couple of weeks ago that Texas may fall to the Democrats. There's only a 2 point difference. It was even mentioned in the UK press too.

in Lancashire

thought you were coming up to visit Scotland, still waiting to give you a big welcome buddy "

what poll are you using hand in hand?

been following the NYT polls and they have Clinton ahead by 2.4..

Newcastle and Gateshead

He's lost Texas too.

I am a member of a US forum for the last 3 years and during this time have been reading young people of ethnic minorities moving to Texas. The press noted the increase in the population too.

I noted in the press a couple of weeks ago that Texas may fall to the Democrats. There's only a 2 point difference. It was even mentioned in the UK press too."

i don't think texas is that much in play yet.... but the fact we are talking about it says tons....

the problem trump has is that if he wins all the states that romney won last time.... plus all the current toss up states the republicans didn't win last time... Florida, ohio, iowa, and nevada.... he still doesn't win...

he at the moment needs a deeper blue state to turn red...

isn't going to be wisconsin... trump was down 7 in yesterday's poll...

isn't going to be michigan... trump was down again 7....

isn't pennsylvania.... trump down 6...

isn't colorado.... trump down 5

trumps team have given up on virginia!

thats why he is hopping about... hes basically throwing darts at the map.... new hampshire could... but thats only 4 votes closer... maines 2nd district... 1 vote.... even scheduling a stop in new mexico!!!!

all hillary has to do is win one currant toss up state... most likely florida

or turn a red state blue... north carolina where she is up!... or arizona where she is tied.... or georgia where she was only down 1.... even in alaska she was only down 2....

and like you said... texas she was down 3-4

of if mcmullen wins utah with the huge mormon vote that dispise trump.....

sure hope this thread is still running next week so the majority on here can eat their words

"sure hope this thread is still running next week so the majority on here can eat their words"

Why would we eat our words? He'll still be an unmitigated cunt if he wins.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"sure hope this thread is still running next week so the majority on here can eat their words"

just wanna make sure you won't be moaning about the result until Inauguration day.... no the systems rigged or voting fraud excuses.....

i have next wednesday off to celebrate....

A church frequented by black people was set on fire last night in Mississippi and the words "VOTE TRUMP" written on the walls.

So the question is...which Party would benefit most from such an act. Would it be the Party which has gained ten points in the polls in the last week or would it be the Party which has just lost 10 points in the polls in the last week?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"A church frequented by black people was set on fire last night in Mississippi and the words "VOTE TRUMP" written on the walls.

So the question is...which Party would benefit most from such an act. Would it be the Party which has gained ten points in the polls in the last week or would it be the Party which has just lost 10 points in the polls in the last week?"

and this is the problem trump has...

white nationalists seem the have found an affinity with trump, and trump hasn't done enough to disavow them because he needs their votes.....

but it mississippi.... it is so deeply red, it won't make any difference and won't gain any traction....

see the adds clinton is putting out... targeted at getting women out..... targeted at getting latino's out.....

she has basically left it to the obamas to say to black people " get out to vote or he crushes my legacy"....

Babbacombe Torquay

I'd be interested to know from Trump supporters on here why they think Trump will be good for America and equally good for the rest of the world....what excites you about Trump?

"I'd be interested to know from Trump supporters on here why they think Trump will be good for America and equally good for the rest of the world....what excites you about Trump?"
For me, it is as I come from sweden and I know how mad political correctness can get, especially when the country is govern by feminist fundamentalists, so with trump he would be against political correctness and wouldnt be afraid to speak his mind.

Babbacombe Torquay

"I'd be interested to know from Trump supporters on here why they think Trump will be good for America and equally good for the rest of the world....what excites you about Trump?For me, it is as I come from sweden and I know how mad political correctness can get, especially when the country is govern by feminist fundamentalists, so with trump he would be against political correctness and wouldnt be afraid to speak his mind."

Do you think the States is politically correct then?

Really is who is the lesser of two evils ?

I did want Clinton , but at least Trimp may keep out of other countries busness ?

Yuk ! What a choice

in Lancashire

"A church frequented by black people was set on fire last night in Mississippi and the words "VOTE TRUMP" written on the walls.

So the question is...which Party would benefit most from such an act. Would it be the Party which has gained ten points in the polls in the last week or would it be the Party which has just lost 10 points in the polls in the last week?"

there's been only Trump using the rhetoric that will appeal to the types of people who may think such an act is justified..

he has been pandering to the hatred and stoking up feelings that will serve no one any good whatever the outcome..

he has no place in any modern society with his views..

Babbacombe Torquay

"Really is who is the lesser of two evils ?

I did want Clinton , but at least Trimp may keep out of other countries busness ?

Yuk ! What a choice "

I see what you mean, and I'm against too much military intervention by Western nations.....but Trump confuses me on this issue.

At times he speaks great sense about America pulling back from being so interventionist, then in the next breath he advocates bombing North Korea with strategic nukes.....his habit of changing like the wind is a little worrying.

"I'd be interested to know from Trump supporters on here why they think Trump will be good for America and equally good for the rest of the world....what excites you about Trump?For me, it is as I come from sweden and I know how mad political correctness can get, especially when the country is govern by feminist fundamentalists, so with trump he would be against political correctness and wouldnt be afraid to speak his mind.

Do you think the States is politically correct then?"

Yes and no there, but it is heading more to it, whats your view?

Babbacombe Torquay

So the question is...which Party would benefit most from such an act. Would it be the Party which has gained ten points in the polls in the last week or would it be the Party which has just lost 10 points in the polls in the last week?

there's been only Trump using the rhetoric that will appeal to the types of people who may think such an act is justified..

he has been pandering to the hatred and stoking up feelings that will serve no one any good whatever the outcome..

he has no place in any modern society with his views.."

Echoes of 1930's Europe in much of his political tactics.....

Babbacombe Torquay

"I'd be interested to know from Trump supporters on here why they think Trump will be good for America and equally good for the rest of the world....what excites you about Trump?For me, it is as I come from sweden and I know how mad political correctness can get, especially when the country is govern by feminist fundamentalists, so with trump he would be against political correctness and wouldnt be afraid to speak his mind.

Do you think the States is politically correct then?Yes and no there, but it is heading more to it, whats your view?"

I think the States is far less PC than much of Western Europe....

Yuk ! What a choice

I see what you mean, and I'm against too much military intervention by Western nations.....but Trump confuses me on this issue.

At times he speaks great sense about America pulling back from being so interventionist, then in the next breath he advocates bombing North Korea with strategic nukes.....his habit of changing like the wind is a little worrying."

I'm still not convinced he really wants to win ?

London

he has no place in any modern society with his views..

Echoes of 1930's Europe in much of his political tactics....."

That's what makes it so scary. He's been called a fascist before, and I couldn't disagree with the person who said it at the time...

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"I'd be interested to know from Trump supporters on here why they think Trump will be good for America and equally good for the rest of the world....what excites you about Trump?For me, it is as I come from sweden and I know how mad political correctness can get, especially when the country is govern by feminist fundamentalists, so with trump he would be against political correctness and wouldnt be afraid to speak his mind."

And you think that the US is "politically correct"?

Have you ever actually been there?

Have you seen the massive inequality between men and women?

The way women are treated in most of the country?

The utterly blatant racism in so many places?

The divisions between rich and poor?

The US is in dire need of some serious " political correctness; ". There are places ( many places) where you would think you were still in the 17th century

Newcastle and Gateshead

if you want to see the latest ads hillarys putting out in the last week... look who she is targeting...

latino's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVuH42xybVM

women: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy8HRdlLGCQ

have to admit... two of the better ad's in this campaign cycle....

[Removed by poster at 02/11/16 21:14:35]

If we had Corybyn and they had Trump I could actually see us at war !

Babbacombe Torquay

Trump will be at odds with great swathes of the Pentagon from day One if he wins, I fear for his personal safety if he become president.

"Trump will be at odds with great swathes of the Pentagon from day One if he wins, I fear for his personal safety if he become president. "

Yes I could see that !

I can't believe that either party allowed them to be nominated !

Yuk ! What a choice

At times he speaks great sense about America pulling back from being so interventionist, then in the next breath he advocates bombing North Korea with strategic nukes.....his habit of changing like the wind is a little worrying.

I'm still not convinced he really wants to win ?"

I'm not sure he does either. He's never had exprience of taking unpopular political decisions. Or any political decisions. Once you're the president, you can't keep blaming everyone else all the time, and that's literally all his current rhetoric consists of.

I think he wants to lose by a narrow margin so he can cause trouble claiming it's all rigged and stirring his supporters up to protest. The idea of so many angry stupid people with guns is a little worrying.

Yuk ! What a choice

I'm still not convinced he really wants to win ?

I'm not sure he does either. He's never had exprience of taking unpopular political decisions. Or any political decisions. Once you're the president, you can't keep blaming everyone else all the time, and that's literally all his current rhetoric consists of.

I think he wants to lose by a narrow margin so he can cause trouble claiming it's all rigged and stirring his supporters up to protest. The idea of so many angry stupid people with guns is a little worrying. "

Yes , a bit like Boris

The US is in dire need of some serious " political correctness; ". There are places ( many places) where you would think you were still in the 17th century "

No. I have never been there, but then every country has its problems, same can be said with brexit and richer and poorer too, some even predict uk can go back to victorian times.

London and France

The US is in dire need of some serious " political correctness; ". There are places ( many places) where you would think you were still in the 17th century No. I have never been there, but then every country has its problems, same can be said with brexit and richer and poorer too, some even predict uk can go back to victorian times."

The U.K. , with all its faults , is nevertheless light years ahead of the majority of the USA when it comes to equality and tolerance.

I suggest you find out a bit about things before pronouncing on them

The US is in dire need of some serious " political correctness; ". There are places ( many places) where you would think you were still in the 17th century No. I have never been there, but then every country has its problems, same can be said with brexit and richer and poorer too, some even predict uk can go back to victorian times.

The U.K. , with all its faults , is nevertheless light years ahead of the majority of the USA when it comes to equality and tolerance.

I suggest you find out a bit about things before pronouncing on them"

But it still have similar faults, but not to the same degree.

Cambridge

What is wrong with political correctness? How can you think that racism, bigotry, ignorance, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia etc is better?

What is wrong with political correctness? How can you think that racism, bigotry, ignorance, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia etc is better? "

It is not wrong, it depends how the situation is in the country. If you live in sweden you would understand as its gone too far there, where if someone talks about the immigration openly, they could face jail time.

London and France

What is wrong with political correctness? How can you think that racism, bigotry, ignorance, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia etc is better? It is not wrong, it depends how the situation is in the country. If you live in sweden you would understand as its gone too far there, where if someone talks about the immigration openly, they could face jail time."

And that's nonsense too ; you can talk about immigration openly , and debate it in Sweden; ( I have done, quite recently; ) you just have to be( quite rightly) not bigoted in the way you do.

But not if you do

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"wow can wait for Donald to be in charge fun times ahead.But what a choice they have...Donald the man or a short fat crook who looks like judy finnigan...the yanks certainly know how to pick a prezz..just look at the guy in office now...achivements...nilLooking forward to world war three then the man is a bigoted idiot to be polite about him.He has the tact of Clarkson,the ignorance of Corbyn need I go on

Oh please. Wasn't WW3 going to happen if we left the EU? Where are the four horsemen?"

We have not left EU but getting out could be delayed because of chaos that Trump will bring the world,but we do have one thing in our favour we will leave the EU sometime hooray

[Removed by poster at 02/11/16 22:45:37]

What is wrong with political correctness? How can you think that racism, bigotry, ignorance, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia etc is better? It is not wrong, it depends how the situation is in the country. If you live in sweden you would understand as its gone too far there, where if someone talks about the immigration openly, they could face jail time.

And that's nonsense too ; you can talk about immigration openly , and debate it in Sweden; ( I have done, quite recently; ) you just have to be( quite rightly) not bigoted in the way you do.

But not if you do "

It is not nonsense as it is differently if you are foreigner like you was in sweden, but yes it also depends how you word it there and no and as usual its been fabricated here and all I said I like trump, just because you dont like him is up to you.

Babbacombe Torquay

What is wrong with political correctness? How can you think that racism, bigotry, ignorance, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia etc is better? It is not wrong, it depends how the situation is in the country. If you live in sweden you would understand as its gone too far there, where if someone talks about the immigration openly, they could face jail time.

But not if you do It is not nonsense as it is differently if you are foreigner like you was in sweden, but yes it also depends how you word it there and no and as usual its been fabricated here and all I said I like trump, just because you dont like him is up to you."

Apart from the political correctness factor, what else excites you about Trump?, I ask because you seem to be very much in favour of him...it's not a trick question, I'm just very interested in hearing what it is about Trump that appeals to non Americans.

But not if you do It is not nonsense as it is differently if you are foreigner like you was in sweden, but yes it also depends how you word it there and no and as usual its been fabricated here and all I said I like trump, just because you dont like him is up to you.

Apart from the political correctness factor, what else excites you about Trump?, I ask because you seem to be very much in favour of him...it's not a trick question, I'm just very interested in hearing what it is about Trump that appeals to non Americans."

That is fine too and it is mostly his charisma and as well from his tv series the apprentice and all in all a nice guy.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Just listened to some US black woman on newsnight saying that the democrats will not get the black vote because Clinton has not 'engaged' and as she is not black like Obama they wont vote for her...

Seems they would rather let a KKK white supremacist than vote for someone who hasn't 'asked' for their votes special like!

Guess they will get what they deserve.

Babbacombe Torquay

Donald can't possibly be in the KKK as he wouldn't fit that hair under a pointy hood....

London

"Just listened to some US black woman on newsnight saying that the democrats will not get the black vote because Clinton has not 'engaged' and as she is not black like Obama they wont vote for her...

Seems they would rather let a KKK white supremacist than vote for someone who hasn't 'asked' for their votes special like!

Guess they will get what they deserve. "

Uhhhh. . . .

It's not that simple. Its more complex than that.

One of the reasons is the legacy of Bill Clinton. The other is Hilary herself. She had called young black men 'super Predators', which understandably caused offence within black society. There's other reasons. Many others. My Mobile is playing up, so I'll have to keep this post short.

Right now, a considerable portion of America feels as if they are stuck between a rock and a hard place in terms of the Presidential candidates. Allow that section of society to pause before they vote. They are Americans too.

http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

"

Scary stuff.

It really has, it's hideous. It's like 4chan with more penis photos."

Ah the typical attacks on freedom of speech by the far left.

London

"

Scary stuff.

Ah the typical attacks on freedom of speech by the far left."

Aaaahhh. That green arrow.... T'is a very enlightening tool....

"

Why do you say that?

lt's obvous you do. you slag off the West and denigrate white people, especially those that hold views different from you. l'm not sure if it's the Oriental girl typing or the white guy."

Does it matter?

"

Scary stuff.

Is laws against hate speech an attack on freedom of speech?

"

Scary stuff.

Is laws against hate speech an attack on freedom of speech?"

If so I believe Thatcher was in parliament when that act was added in 86. Labour in also introduced a second one but for anti terrorism in 2006. Neither goveernments are far left. Although that is relative

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Oh, thanks for that, I needed a laugh this morning. Makes a change from being called Tory scum.

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Oh, thanks for that, I needed a laugh this morning. Makes a change from being called Tory scum. "

If the Tory party was all black would people get away with calling them scum? I've always thought that the way that term is thrown around so randomly and easily by so many Labour supporters to be more indicative of the type of people they are than the ones they are attacking

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Oh, thanks for that, I needed a laugh this morning. Makes a change from being called Tory scum. "

And those "penis photos"...have you reported them to Admin?

"

Scary stuff.

In a way, its a fine line, people class hate in different ways, it's the incitement to violence that should be punished. As in the post above, if someone describes Tories as scum is that hate speech?

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Oh, thanks for that, I needed a laugh this morning. Makes a change from being called Tory scum.

If the Tory party was all black would people get away with calling them scum? I've always thought that the way that term is thrown around so randomly and easily by so many Labour supporters to be more indicative of the type of people they are than the ones they are attacking"

No idea about how they'd be addressed if the party was predominantly black. My point was that I'm a conservative voting right winger who spent most of last year being called Tory scum on social media; but who happened to support the Remain campaign and thinks that Trump is a dangerous populist cunt appealing to the angry lowest common denominator, and somehow that makes me of the "far left".

"

Scary stuff.

Aaaahhh. That green arrow.... T'is a very enlightening tool....

"

Ditto.

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

If the Tory party was all black would people get away with calling them scum? I've always thought that the way that term is thrown around so randomly and easily by so many Labour supporters to be more indicative of the type of people they are than the ones they are attacking

No idea about how they'd be addressed if the party was predominantly black. My point was that I'm a conservative voting right winger who spent most of last year being called Tory scum on social media; but who happened to support the Remain campaign and thinks that Trump is a dangerous populist cunt appealing to the angry lowest common denominator, and somehow that makes me of the "far left"."

You don't like Trump. You don't like the alt Right. Who do you like?

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

No idea about how they'd be addressed if the party was predominantly black. My point was that I'm a conservative voting right winger who spent most of last year being called Tory scum on social media; but who happened to support the Remain campaign and thinks that Trump is a dangerous populist cunt appealing to the angry lowest common denominator, and somehow that makes me of the "far left".

You don't like Trump. You don't like the alt Right. Who do you like? "

Are Trump and the alt right, and the far left the only available options on the political spectrum?

"

Scary stuff.

Depends on what you consider hate speech. If you publicly recite the teaching of Mohammed on how he murdered the Jewish Banu Quraisa tribe of Arabia or the Hadith that describes his 6 year old wife playing with her dolls, is that hate speech? Or freedom of religion?

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Are Trump and the alt right, and the far left the only available options on the political spectrum?

"

Yes. It's called the political trinity. Pick one.

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Yes. It's called the political trinity. Pick one."

Not how it works, my friend. Trump and the alt right are two sides of the same coin in any case, except that the alt right is primarily embittered young men who have made failures of themselves and are determined to take it out on women, whereas Trump has a broader appeal to people who hate other sections of society just as much.

"...

No idea about how they'd be addressed if the party was predominantly black. My point was that I'm a conservative voting right winger who spent most of last year being called Tory scum on social media; but who happened to support the Remain campaign and thinks that Trump is a dangerous populist cunt appealing to the angry lowest common denominator, and somehow that makes me of the "far left"."

That's the second time you've described Trump as a cunt.

So speaking of 'cunts' who is the cunt who destroyed 33,000 government emails?

Who is the cunt who took $1 million for three speeches to Goldman Sachs, but refuses to release the content?

Who is the cunt who ignored 600 logged appeals for help on security from her Libyan Ambassador before he and three others were murdered by Jihadis... and then did nothing for 13 hours while he and other staff were being attacked and killed!?

Who is the cunt who takes millions of dollars from Saudi Arabia (and other fascist Gulf States), the world leader in public beheadings and where women are second class citizens.

Ah yes, Hillary Rodham Clinton...the candidate with 'political experience' and quite possibly the next Cunt-in -Chief.

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Not how it works, my friend. Trump and the alt right are two sides of the same coin in any case, except that the alt right is primarily embittered young men who have made failures of themselves and are determined to take it out on women, whereas Trump has a broader appeal to people who hate other sections of society just as much. "

It was tongue in cheek.

Your politics are so feminine and capitulatory.

The alt Right hates the way society turned; and so do many men. You are the one who drew the line in the sand regarding gender. You'll just have to get over yourself and understand that not everything is all about you and women.

"...

Who is the cunt who took $1 million for three speeches to Goldman Sachs, but refuses to release the content?

Who is the cunt who ignored 600 logged appeals for help on security from her Libyan Ambassador before he and three others were murdered by Jihadis... and then did nothing for 13 hours while he and other staff were being attacked and killed!?

Who is the cunt who takes millions of dollars from Saudi Arabia (and other fascist Gulf States), the world leader in public beheadings and where women are second class citizens.

Ah yes, Hillary Rodham Clinton...the candidate with 'political experience' and quite possibly the next Cunt-in -Chief.

"

It's easy to call someone a cunt who has been in positions of power and had to take probably difficult political decisions as a result. I'm not a big fan of Clinton.

But it's easy to distance yourself from unpopular decisions when you've never had to make one in your life which is why you're so manifestly unqualified to be the next President.

So yeah, I'll call the man a cunt because he's a disgusting excuse for a human being.

"...

"

Perhaps some need to read and digest the above comment again,

USA needs change, and Trump will indeed change things.

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

Not how it works, my friend. Trump and the alt right are two sides of the same coin in any case, except that the alt right is primarily embittered young men who have made failures of themselves and are determined to take it out on women, whereas Trump has a broader appeal to people who hate other sections of society just as much.

It was tongue in cheek.

The alt Right hates the way society turned; and so do many men. You are the one who drew the line in the sand regarding gender. You'll just have to get over yourself and understand that not everything is all about you and women. "

Capitulatory? Could you expand on that for me?

I'm sure many men do hate the way society turned. They probably wouldn't feel that way or be drawn to such movements if they weren't such pathetic and abject failures in so many aspects of their lives. So I have little sympathy for them, they bring their woes on themselves. Society has changed, politics has changed. The idea it's now female dominated is beyond laughable. But keep using that as a convenient excuse.

London

"

Scary stuff.

Depends on what you consider hate speech. If you publicly recite the teaching of Mohammed on how he murdered the Jewish Banu Quraisa tribe of Arabia or the Hadith that describes his 6 year old wife playing with her dolls, is that hate speech? Or freedom of religion?"

Hmmm. Interesting.

There was an exhibition at the British library many years ago where they displayed the unabridged holy books of Christianity, Islam and Judaism in an exhibition. There was an interview on Radio 4 to publicise it and they had a priest, Imman and a rabbi on.

All acknowledged that in each of their holy books there was something anti Christian, anti Muslim and anti Semetic.

Each was asked if the offending texts should be taken out of their respective holy books. Their response was NO. Their reason? If we start editing that, then what else would be edited? It would be a slippery slope.

So you may quote stuff like that, but the chances are there are scriptures that are just as damaging in the other holy books.

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

It was tongue in cheek.

The alt Right hates the way society turned; and so do many men. You are the one who drew the line in the sand regarding gender. You'll just have to get over yourself and understand that not everything is all about you and women.

I'm sure many men do hate the way society turned. They probably wouldn't feel that way or be drawn to such movements if they weren't such pathetic and abject failures in so many aspects of their lives. So I have little sympathy for them, they bring their woes on themselves. Society has changed, politics has changed. The idea it's now female dominated is beyond laughable. But keep using that as a convenient excuse. "

You seem very binary in your thinking "them". You don't have males in your life?

It's capitulatory because you reject the most inward looking sects of the Right. It's about time we put ourselves first.

Who said anything about "female" dominated? I meant it in the sense that the values the we used to hold that out fact before feeling. Just look at the education system. We are a nation of nancies now and the demonization of masculinity has caused it.

"

Scary stuff.

Far left?

It was tongue in cheek.

I'm sure many men do hate the way society turned. They probably wouldn't feel that way or be drawn to such movements if they weren't such pathetic and abject failures in so many aspects of their lives. So I have little sympathy for them, they bring their woes on themselves. Society has changed, politics has changed. The idea it's now female dominated is beyond laughable. But keep using that as a convenient excuse.

You seem very binary in your thinking "them". You don't have males in your life?

It's capitulatory because you reject the most inward looking sects of the Right. It's about time we put ourselves first.

Who said anything about "female" dominated? I meant it in the sense that the values the we used to hold that out fact before feeling. Just look at the education system. We are a nation of nancies now and the demonization of masculinity has caused it."

And in a few sentences you encapsulate neatly everything that is wrong and pathetic about the Alt Right. Have an enjoyable day blaming the demonisation of masculinity for everything you dislike about your insignificant little life.

"

Scary stuff.

It really has, it's hideous. It's like 4chan with more penis photos."

where's Pepe?

I soooo hope Donald Trump wins, because America will not overturn an election victory, not like the shower of shit we have on this side of the pond.

We need a concrete victory to shut down the Libtards who have had their way for far too long.

Interesting statistic, if only women could vote, Clinton would win easily (14 points ahead) but if only men could vote, Trump would win (11 points ahead)

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Interesting statistic, if only women could vote, Clinton would win easily (14 points ahead) but if only men could vote, Trump would win (11 points ahead)

"

Just a shame for trump then that more women vote in the election than men do... and what a shit job trump has done trying to convince women

It will be the women and the Latino vote that will finish him

Preston

"Interesting statistic, if only women could vote, Clinton would win easily (14 points ahead) but if only men could vote, Trump would win (11 points ahead)

Just a shame for trump then that more women vote in the election than men do... and what a shit job trump has done trying to convince women

It will be the women and the Latino vote that will finish him "

This not normal election like brexit, be record numbers vote im sure and they will not be voting to keep things the same

any normal polls or indicators are useless this time, best indicator is like Brexit, what people are saying online and how many turn up at speeches, Trump AVG 20k Hillary 150 people, huge gap

lets not forget that quick look online you soon find lots of latinos for trump, blacks for trump and women for trump

its far from clear cut, unless CNN is your news source then well trump had no chance of even getting this far

The west is changing, UK, USA France Italy Holland list goes on are wanting change because we understand what insanity means, not because racist or any other bull shit label

London

"

lets not forget that quick look online you soon find lots of latinos for trump, blacks for trump and women for trump

"

Could you provide links or give Google guidance on how to find such proof please.

I have found the opposite to be true but if there is proof, I would like to see.

Thanks in advance!

Cambridge

"

Why do you say that?

lt's obvous you do. you slag off the West and denigrate white people, especially those that hold views different from you. l'm not sure if it's the Oriental girl typing or the white guy."

I do neither of those things.

Cambridge

"

Scary stuff.

Depends on what you consider hate speech. If you publicly recite the teaching of Mohammed on how he murdered the Jewish Banu Quraisa tribe of Arabia or the Hadith that describes his 6 year old wife playing with her dolls, is that hate speech? Or freedom of religion?

Hmmm. Interesting.

There was an exhibition at the British library many years ago where they displayed the unabridged holy books of Christianity, Islam and Judaism in an exhibition. There was an interview on Radio 4 to publicise it and they had a priest, Imman and a rabbi on.

All acknowledged that in each of their holy books there was something anti Christian, anti Muslim and anti Semetic.

Each was asked if the offending texts should be taken out of their respective holy books. Their response was NO. Their reason? If we start editing that, then what else would be edited? It would be a slippery slope.

So you may quote stuff like that, but the chances are there are scriptures that are just as damaging in the other holy books.

"

You know that that story is complete rubbish based simply on chronology, right?

Cambridge

"I soooo hope Donald Trump wins, because America will not overturn an election victory, not like the shower of shit we have on this side of the pond.

We need a concrete victory to shut down the Libtards who have had their way for far too long."

Gore vs Bush?

"sure hope this thread is still running next week so the majority on here can eat their words

just wanna make sure you won't be moaning about the result until Inauguration day.... no the systems rigged or voting fraud excuses.....

i have next wednesday off to celebrate...."

don't be tying a rope in the attic if it goes the wrong way

you still never said when you are heading up to Scotland for a visit, im still looking forward to giving you a welcome my friend, mail me and let me know when you are coming up to gods country

This not normal election like brexit, be record numbers vote im sure and they will not be voting to keep things the same

any normal polls or indicators are useless this time, best indicator is like Brexit, what people are saying online and how many turn up at speeches, Trump AVG 20k Hillary 150 people, huge gap

its far from clear cut, unless CNN is your news source then well trump had no chance of even getting this far

The west is changing, UK, USA France Italy Holland list goes on are wanting change because we understand what insanity means, not because racist or any other bull shit label "

Where do you get this information from?

The Netherlands, not Holland, is actually a coalition between many parties. It has been for a long time. You may say they are liberal. For example, legalised drugs and the red light district. It is a balanced parliament. There is a party like UKIP growing here but it's positioned as anti Islam and the leader, Geert Wilders, is possibly facing a jail term for telling right wing protesters he would reduce the number of Moroccans here.

However, their polls say they may come in second but the leaders will not get more than 25% of the seats. It'll come down to forming a coalition.

Although here many people who don't usually vote are willing to vote against Geert.

"I soooo hope Donald Trump wins, because America will not overturn an election victory, not like the shower of shit we have on this side of the pond.

We need a concrete victory to shut down the Libtards who have had their way for far too long.

Gore vs Bush? "

It's funny they hate Tony Blair, but ignore Bush's involvement.

London

"

Scary stuff.

Hmmm. Interesting.

You know that that story is complete rubbish based simply on chronology, right?"

Tell that to the British library and Radio 4.

They are the ones who arranged the exhibition, and Radio 4 set up the interview. I'm off to the British library this Saturday. I'm quite happy to pull up the info if you wish.

Cambridge

"

Scary stuff.

Hmmm. Interesting.

They are the ones who arranged the exhibition, and Radio 4 set up the interview. I'm off to the British library this Saturday. I'm quite happy to pull up the info if you wish.

"

Christians and Muslims didn’t exist when the Jewish Torah was written, so it doesn’t say anything about them.

Muslims didn’t exist when the Christian Bible was written, so it doesn’t say anything about them.

London

[Removed by poster at 03/11/16 23:15:39]

London

"

Scary stuff.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Christians and Muslims didn’t exist when the Jewish Torah was written, so it doesn’t say anything about them.

Muslims didn’t exist when the Christian Bible was written, so it doesn’t say anything about them."

Then take it up with the British library and Radio 4 then. They joined the dots on this one and designed the exhibition. I did not.

Im not getting in a religious argument with you. Have the argument with the bloody British museum!

I thank you.

"

Scary stuff.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Muslims didn’t exist when the Christian Bible was written, so it doesn’t say anything about them.

Then take it up with the British library and Radio 4 then. They joined the dots on this one and designed the exhibition. I did not.

Im not getting in a religious argument with you. Have the argument with the bloody British museum!

I thank you."

I fear more Islamic immigration because of what the Koran says about Jews. My mum's side are Jews. It is less harsh upon Christians as the both believe in Jesus. Pretty interesting.

Yeah Obama really did nothing didn't he, except getting millions of American healthcare through the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). Saving the American car industry, killing Osama Bin Laden, successfully dealing with Hurricane Sandy (remember Bush and hurricane Katrina?) and negotiating the deal that keeps Iran from producing nukes.....and ALL in the face of unprecedented Republican led Congressional obstructionism.

Cambridge

"

Scary stuff.

Hmmm. Interesting.

I thank you.

I fear more Islamic immigration because of what the Koran says about Jews. My mum's side are Jews. It is less harsh upon Christians as the both believe in Jesus. Pretty interesting."

Pretty islamophic if you ask me.

Preston

The west is changing, UK, USA France Italy Holland list goes on are wanting change because we understand what insanity means, not because racist or any other bull shit label

Where do you get this information from?

The Netherlands, not Holland, is actually a coalition between many parties. It has been for a long time. You may say they are liberal. For example, legalised drugs and the red light district. It is a balanced parliament. There is a party like UKIP growing here but it's positioned as anti Islam and the leader, Geert Wilders, is possibly facing a jail term for telling right wing protesters he would reduce the number of Moroccans here.

However, their polls say they may come in second but the leaders will not get more than 25% of the seats. It'll come down to forming a coalition.

Although here many people who don't usually vote are willing to vote against Geert. "

same place i get all my information from, so far its been more accurate than peoples opinions i read on hear

See if they get referendum to leave and time will tell. And im fully aware how things are over there, been an engineer all my working life and had happy times working with them

Preston

"

Could you provide links or give Google guidance on how to find such proof please.

I have found the opposite to be true but if there is proof, I would like to see.

Thanks in advance!

"

really? algorithm hey, i type any of above and get millions pages and if click video brings up 4190000 video for Latino alone

guess you not seen the old Black lady defending his star last week getting beat up of Hillary supporters

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Thanks in advance!

really? algorithm hey, i type any of above and get millions pages and if click video brings up 4190000 video for Latino alone

guess you not seen the old Black lady defending his star last week getting beat up of Hillary supporters "

There was a "blacks for trump" at a rally in Florida last week.. one issue with it though... it was being held up by a white lady!!!!!!!

Trump is at 2% with the black vote... that is progress!!!!!

Preston

"

Thanks in advance!

guess you not seen the old Black lady defending his star last week getting beat up of Hillary supporters

There was a "blacks for trump" at a rally in Florida last week.. one issue with it though... it was being held up by a white lady!!!!!!!

Trump is at 2% with the black vote... that is progress!!!!!"

seems the 2% are the educated then all seem very intelligent to me

please watch it, feed should lead to 1000s more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uRLiTBaL34

"

Thanks in advance!

Trump is at 2% with the black vote... that is progress!!!!!"

what is the problem with anyones colour of skin!!!!

do you have a problem with the lady being white!!!!!!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

do you have a problem with the lady being white!!!!!!"

Do you think it should be a white lady holding up a "blacks for trump" sign...... especially since there was not one person of colour in the background

"

Do you think it should be a white lady holding up a "blacks for trump" sign...... especially since there was not one person of colour in the background "

what does it matter the colour of skin? we all unite and support each other, we should all get along together as equals, I see no problem with a white lady or a black lady fighting this cause, or indeed a man

why do you consider this a problem?

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

Do you think it should be a white lady holding up a "blacks for trump" sign...... especially since there was not one person of colour in the background "

I seen the picture you are referring too but after typing "blacks for trump" into google images I seen the picture where she is actually with a group of people and that group consists of black people.

So she was there with black people giving them her support.

London

"

Do you think it should be a white lady holding up a "blacks for trump" sign...... especially since there was not one person of colour in the background

I seen the picture you are referring too but after typing "blacks for trump" into google images I seen the picture where she is actually with a group of people and that group consists of black people.

So she was there with black people giving them her support.

"

I looked on Google as well. A white woman holding up a sign saying 'blacks for trump'and pictures of three black people (max) at a rally isnt exactly prolific, is it?

A swallow does not a summer make, they say.

Besides, he really needs to worry about the Latino vote. The Latino vote is well down, compared to Romney's at the previous election. He needs to beat that figure. It's not happening. I did hear the figures about 15 minutes ago but can't quote them. I'll have to go on BBC iplayer to get them later on today.

But it isn't looking good for Trump on the Latino front.

London

[Removed by poster at 05/11/16 09:48:36]

London

"

Thanks in advance!

guess you not seen the old Black lady defending his star last week getting beat up of Hillary supporters "

Just saw it. Thanks for pointing it out. She didn't look that old (well if you call someone's in their 30's old).

However I can point out that there have been incidents when black people attending Trump's rallies have been harassed. I'm sure you can recall it from newsclips shown on ITN, as well as BBC news. A woman in hijaab didn't get 5 star treatment at his rally either.

The politics over there has gotten pretty ugly. Simple as that.

Yes, I'm sure you are, unfortunately, correct in this last statment.

I doubt the mods would allow me to describe the contempt and loathing I hold for such individuals however.

"

Scary stuff."

Maybe we need a Nazi forum?

"

Scary stuff.

That's why we need some more sensible voices to join in the politics forums "

Indeed! Who was it who said (I paraphrase) 'for evil to win the good guys need only do nothing'?

What is wrong with political correctness? How can you think that racism, bigotry, ignorance, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia etc is better? "

Although it seems so flaming obvious that what you say is corrct, there are clearly quite a few people on here and loads more in the UK that actually do think these things are better!

"

Scary stuff.

Indeed! Who was it who said (I paraphrase) 'for evil to win the good guys need only do nothing'?"

I only now post on threads that start elsewhere and move to politics, I wouldn't come down to this board voluntarily.

I enjoy arguing with an idiot as much as the next person, but it does depress me. I'm not exposed to such a level of wilful ignorance and gullibility in my everyday life and I forgot that so many of them exist.

"

Scary stuff.

Indeed! Who was it who said (I paraphrase) 'for evil to win the good guys need only do nothing'?

I only now post on threads that start elsewhere and move to politics, I wouldn't come down to this board voluntarily.

I enjoy arguing with an idiot as much as the next person, but it does depress me. I'm not exposed to such a level of wilful ignorance and gullibility in my everyday life and I forgot that so many of them exist. "

I know what you mean, I'm in the same boat, it just seems incredible that this level of wilful ignorance exists! And how people will believe any old bullshit but ignore the actual facts. But then facts are so bloody inconvenient aren't they!

So, to those who'll have a pop at that last statement, feel free to cite the sources for your facts please. You know, how real debate works.

London

"

Scary stuff.

I enjoy arguing with an idiot as much as the next person, but it does depress me. I'm not exposed to such a level of wilful ignorance and gullibility in my everyday life and I forgot that so many of them exist. "

Totally agree.

I tend to make the odd comment here and dissappear because it depresses me too.

I like a bit of a banter, but there are some contributors on the politics board who are very very very angry. So much it's toxic.

The thing is, this a swinging site. I just can't see anyone wanting to meet a person with so much anger in them...

"

Scary stuff.

I enjoy arguing with an idiot as much as the next person, but it does depress me. I'm not exposed to such a level of wilful ignorance and gullibility in my everyday life and I forgot that so many of them exist.

Totally agree.

I tend to make the odd comment here and dissappear because it depresses me too.

I like a bit of a banter, but there are some contributors on the politics board who are very very very angry. So much it's toxic.

The thing is, this a swinging site. I just can't see anyone wanting to meet a person with so much anger in them... "

I agree completely. I add these guys to my blocklist (I am sure they're bothered by that, not!) and have added a no Brexiters clause to my profile. I just couldn't meet one, again I doubt they care .

Never argue with stupid...they'll only bring you down to their level and then win with experience.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"just look at the guy in office now...achivements...nil"

actually this is nowhere near true....

I actually wrote this is a thread almost 4 yrs ago when we were talking about his 2nd inauguration...

he managed to get this lot thru in his first 2 years... when both senate and house worked with him.... then the republicans look over first the house, and then the senate....

and basically blocked almost everything he proposed....

"see... he has done a lot....

for example... the very first thing he did was sign into law the "lily leadbetter fair pay act"... which pay discrimation between men and women doing the same job became illegal...

he signed into the financial credit card act.. which mean credit card companies can't just hike up interest rates... (edit coming here... the uk govt did exactly the same thing a few years later with regard to charges and overdraft fees)

he gave the FDA (food and drug administration) a lot more power to regulate tobacco... and ban advertising (oooh.. and the uk followed!)

the repeal of "don't ask don't tell"...

the hate crimes bill....

the bill to get children healthcare insured (without obamacare)

triple the size of "americore" which was the american national service program

remember the car scrapage program in the uk... where the govt game you 2k for your old car...... where did the idea come from???

the stimulas bill...

and universal healthcare....

the financial reform bill....

the 9/11 health bill to help 1st responders

and a nuclear arms treaty with russia...

and a lot more...

London and France

"just look at the guy in office now...achivements...nil

actually this is nowhere near true....

I actually wrote this is a thread almost 4 yrs ago when we were talking about his 2nd inauguration...

he managed to get this lot thru in his first 2 years... when both senate and house worked with him.... then the republicans look over first the house, and then the senate....

and basically blocked almost everything he proposed....

"see... he has done a lot....

for example... the very first thing he did was sign into law the "lily leadbetter fair pay act"... which pay discrimation between men and women doing the same job became illegal...

he signed into the financial credit card act.. which mean credit card companies can't just hike up interest rates... (edit coming here... the uk govt did exactly the same thing a few years later with regard to charges and overdraft fees)

he gave the FDA (food and drug administration) a lot more power to regulate tobacco... and ban advertising (oooh.. and the uk followed!)

the repeal of "don't ask don't tell"...

the hate crimes bill....

the bill to get children healthcare insured (without obamacare)

triple the size of "americore" which was the american national service program

remember the car scrapage program in the uk... where the govt game you 2k for your old car...... where did the idea come from???

the stimulas bill...

and universal healthcare....

the financial reform bill....

the 9/11 health bill to help 1st responders

and a nuclear arms treaty with russia...

and a lot more..."

And all against the backdrop of a Senate and House that did everything they could to thwart and block everything he did

It will be the women and the Latino vote that will finish him "

Don't like to rub it in but -

Another interesting statistic, more women voted for Trump than Obama and more Latinos voted for Trump than Romney

Finish him?

» Add a new message to this topic