FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 2 MPs in 2 weeks

2 MPs in 2 weeks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

It looks as though the government's slim majority is getting slimmer by the week. Two MPs have resigned in two weeks, how long before the government's majority disappears?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It looks as though the government's slim majority is getting slimmer by the week. Two MPs have resigned in two weeks, how long before the government's majority disappears? "

Yes all a bit of a mess at the moment in all parties, I don't understand why he did not just challenge her on the decision instead of resigning, unless he has another motive for doing it this way.

I do agree with him though! You cannot cut parlement out of the equation or it becomes a dictatorship.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I think we may well see a general election in the very near future, and it would not surprise me to see Ms May trigger article 50 and then say let the people decide who is right...

Actually that would be a great tactic for a government that is hell bent on taking power from both parliament and the judiciary and concentrating it in the hands of the executive. It may even work, no it probably will work if that is what the tories are planning.

[Removed by poster at 04/11/16 12:33:04]

This latest mp sounds like a bit of a dick to be honest

Cambridge

I think this is just the start of the cracks that are going to form in the Brexit camp.

With know details, they can all imagine that it will happen exactly how they want it. When the details start to come out, they will realise that this isn't the Brexit they wanted and will be very very unhappy about it

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

The police are still looking at electoral fraud by the Tories which may lead to those constituencies elections being rerun without a Tory candidate allowed to contest them. They were mostly key marginals too I think.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It could be good as we may well get brexit MP's to take the seats,I back May all the way

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"It could be good as we may well get brexit MP's to take the seats,I back May all the way"

they both were Brexiters..

Thier should be a General Election now under P R , just as the Referendum was !

"Thier should be a General Election now under P R , just as the Referendum was ! "

Um.....

I don't really know where to start with this.

Only 51.9% of the UK can leave the EU?

"Thier should be a General Election now under P R , just as the Referendum was !

Um.....

I don't really know where to start with this.

Only 51.9% of the UK can leave the EU? "

I asked for that lol

No I mean all votes counting equally

Cambridge

"It could be good as we may well get brexit MP's to take the seats,I back May all the way

they both were Brexiters.."

Yeah, as I said, just the start of the crack. Btw, one of the guys who brought the court case about parliament having to be consulted before article 50 being triggered was also a Brexitier.

I like it when you are on

Brexiteers told us it was about regaining sovereignty. Parliament is sovereign over Government and Governent is accountable to parliament. What else would May wish to us Royal Perogative?

Brexit will happen unless the people believe the price will be too high to pay.

If a vote happened and Goldsmith is re-elected, will he vote to remain as per the majority of his constituents? How ironic would that be?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"It could be good as we may well get brexit MP's to take the seats,I back May all the way"

Zac Goldsmith is standing again as an independent. His position is Brexit so if he keeps his seat as an independent Theresa May can still count on his vote for Brexit in Parliament.

Cambridge

"It could be good as we may well get brexit MP's to take the seats,I back May all the way

Zac Goldsmith is standing again as an independent. His position is Brexit so if he keeps his seat as an independent Theresa May can still count on his vote for Brexit in Parliament. "

Even though his constituents voted overwhelmingly to remain?

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Zac Goldsmith is standing again as an independent. His position is Brexit so if he keeps his seat as an independent Theresa May can still count on his vote for Brexit in Parliament.

Even though his constituents voted overwhelmingly to remain? "

But you dont want them to follow there constituents because if they all did that article 50 is triggered

» Add a new message to this topic