FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > after the elections..... so what next?

after the elections..... so what next?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

fair play to the republicans, the one thing trump managed to tap in to was the anger of the people.... and he got them energised...

I think the scary thing for me... because the republicans managed to hold onto the senate as well as the house.... they hold onto the top 3 layers of government...

basically he almost gets a blank check for the next 2 years.....

so .... affordable care act.... dead

TTP...... dead

iran nuclear deal..... dead

dodd-frank.... gone!

i think abortion will be now made completely illegal... its the one think the republicans crave the most... so roe vs wade and a womans right to choose i think could go

i just don't hope many judges on the supreme court die... because just 9 is now going to be very conservative,.. and it is going to go even further to the right.....

i wonder how many republicans are now going to go back after, for example, gay marriage.......

on the democratic side, i think for a while at least, you have seen the end of the liberal wing.... the progressive wing will now take the lead for a while.... this sets up a run for someone like Elizabeth Warren in 4 yrs time.....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

For next 2 years, wrong again

try 8 years

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"For next 2 years, wrong again

try 8 years "

erm.... the dems will probably win the senate back in 2 years time... at least that will slow him down a little, but i wonder how much of the more extreme stuff would have gone thru by then....

for example we know pences views on LGBT issues..... and abortion.... I wonder how many of them will pass in the next 2 years....

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Yes, he got people energised. He spoke to the discontent of the rural majority. I will be really interested to see how it goes from now on. We've seen how the public in the UK got told a whole bunch of things about Brexit which were the very next day renounced. So I'm wondering how quickly the same will happen in the US. The Mexico wall? Anyone with half an ounce of common sense could see that was not feasible... but will he stick by it? Jailing his opponents? Will that happen too?

Will those pissed of rural people who voted for him, still stick by him and make excuses when he doesn't come through on all these things? Will they be silent, or will they eventually turn on him when they realise that he can't just break down the establishment with a wave of his hand? The difference between the pissed off US population and the pissed of UK population is over there they have guns. Despite many over there being unable to actually understand what the 2nd Amendment says, maybe it will be used for it's actual intent of a well armed militia to fight back against the state?

-Matt

"For next 2 years, wrong again

try 8 years

erm.... the dems will probably win the senate back in 2 years time... at least that will slow him down a little, but i wonder how much of the more extreme stuff would have gone thru by then....

for example we know pences views on LGBT issues..... and abortion.... I wonder how many of them will pass in the next 2 years...."

perhaps;

but then again when have you ever got a prediction right?

you always seem to back the loser and predict totally wrong.

"Yes, he got people energised. He spoke to the discontent of the rural majority. I will be really interested to see how it goes from now on. We've seen how the public in the UK got told a whole bunch of things about Brexit which were the very next day renounced. So I'm wondering how quickly the same will happen in the US. The Mexico wall? Anyone with half an ounce of common sense could see that was not feasible... but will he stick by it? Jailing his opponents? Will that happen too?

Will those pissed of rural people who voted for him, still stick by him and make excuses when he doesn't come through on all these things? Will they be silent, or will they eventually turn on him when they realise that he can't just break down the establishment with a wave of his hand? The difference between the pissed off US population and the pissed of UK population is over there they have guns. Despite many over there being unable to actually understand what the 2nd Amendment says, maybe it will be used for it's actual intent of a well armed militia to fight back against the state?

-Matt"

Tell me?

how much of the wall has already started and in place right now, before Trump even got in

Barbados

"

Tell me?

how much of the wall has already started and in place right now, before Trump even got in"

You mean metaphorically? As far as I know the actual physical wall that he has been bleating about is not already in construction. There is a physical barrier in a few places and a 'virtual wall' but not the honking great big thing he has been promising and saying Mexico will pay for.

-Matt

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

Trump train was always due on time. USA just as pissed as most of Europe.

what next?

i say janet yellen raising interest rates causing economic crash and people will blame trump as they no understanding about these things other than MSM tells them

should be happy hillary not in, but Trump far from ideal, just million times better than hillary rottern clinton

why oh why did the dems but her in rather than bernie

Barbados

"Trump train was always due on time. USA just as pissed as most of Europe.

what next?

i say janet yellen raising interest rates causing economic crash and people will blame trump as they no understanding about these things other than MSM tells them

should be happy hillary not in, but Trump far from ideal, just million times better than hillary rottern clinton

why oh why did the dems but her in rather than bernie "

See this is the bit I don't understand. I get that Hilary is far from perfect and no doubt has done shady stuff. As have probably most politicians. But I've never got the 'rotten Hillary' or 'crooked Hillary' narratives when comparing her to Trump. This is a guy who has been involved in so many dodgy business dealings.

But I agree, Sanders would have been a much better choice.

-Matt

Obviously, Trump is a shit human being. But he was the least dangerous choice out of the two.

I know. It's bonkers isn't it?

More good news will follow in Germany next year when the German electorate will get rid of another PC numbskull called Merkel.

Preston

Business is known to be corrupt with its loop holes and ways of avoiding tax so in effect to hold Trump up for not using the same holes as all his competition is silly

Hillary is a politician and her past is very interesting, what has the lady not been accused of or caught doing well representing the public

Trump not perfect, but was needed to stop lot of things like UK being back of the line, 1 positive no war with Russia is also another

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Well I just watched putins speech live on RT and he talked about US and russia relations and qouted trump as saying he wanted to rebuild relations with russia and putin said "russia is ready and willing to start rebuilding relations" (obviously it was a much longer speech) but the jist of it is that thankfully anytensions between russia and the US will now decline and commication between these two super powers can only be a good thing for the world.

already thats a huge plus as if it was hillary the relations between both countries would have deteriorated even further.

one good thing, the "special realtionship" is dead and buried, no more will we be americas little lap dog ..... trump has previously said he has no regard for britain on the global political stage which leaves Mrs Maygabe more than a bit isolated now

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"one good thing, the "special realtionship" is dead and buried, no more will we be americas little lap dog ..... trump has previously said he has no regard for britain on the global political stage which leaves Mrs Maygabe more than a bit isolated now"

You appear to be as deluded as the pollsters and the political commentators who said Clinton was a shoe in to win. Trump wants trade deals on a 1 to 1 country basis, he has said it in his speeches. Now the UK is leaving the EU we can do that trade deal 1 to 1 with America and the EU won't get a trade deal with America as a 28 member block. OBAMA saying we would be at the back of the queue was a load of crap. Trump has a Scottish mother, he has ties to the UK. Also Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks are meeting Trump on Saturday, it just said on sky news. Farage helped Trump to win the Presidency so Trump owes Farage a debt of gratitude. I suspect Farage will ask Trump to give the UK a good trade deal as a favour, and seeing as Trump dislikes the EU and is a fan of brexit, he may well just agree to it.

"one good thing, the "special realtionship" is dead and buried, no more will we be americas little lap dog ..... trump has previously said he has no regard for britain on the global political stage which leaves Mrs Maygabe more than a bit isolated now

You appear to be as deluded as the pollsters and the political commentators who said Clinton was a shoe in to win. Trump wants trade deals on a 1 to 1 country basis, he has said it in his speeches. Now the UK is leaving the EU we can do that trade deal 1 to 1 with America and the EU won't get a trade deal with America as a 28 member block. OBAMA saying we would be at the back of the queue was a load of crap. Trump has a Scottish mother, he has ties to the UK. Also Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks are meeting Trump on Saturday, it just said on sky news. Farage helped Trump to win the Presidency so Trump owes Farage a debt of gratitude. I suspect Farage will ask Trump to give the UK a good trade deal as a favour, and seeing as Trump dislikes the EU and is a fan of brexit, he may well just agree to it. "

Trump has also promised to bring jobs - and particular manufacturing jobs - back into the US. He has called for an end to free trade and large tariffs. This is the first tenet of nationalism - you think of your own first to the exclusion of "others".

Do you think Britain will have some kind of special deal that others won't?

"one good thing, the "special realtionship" is dead and buried, no more will we be americas little lap dog ..... trump has previously said he has no regard for britain on the global political stage which leaves Mrs Maygabe more than a bit isolated now

You appear to be as deluded as the pollsters and the political commentators who said Clinton was a shoe in to win. Trump wants trade deals on a 1 to 1 country basis, he has said it in his speeches. Now the UK is leaving the EU we can do that trade deal 1 to 1 with America and the EU won't get a trade deal with America as a 28 member block. OBAMA saying we would be at the back of the queue was a load of crap. Trump has a Scottish mother, he has ties to the UK. Also Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks are meeting Trump on Saturday, it just said on sky news. Farage helped Trump to win the Presidency so Trump owes Farage a debt of gratitude. I suspect Farage will ask Trump to give the UK a good trade deal as a favour, and seeing as Trump dislikes the EU and is a fan of brexit, he may well just agree to it. "

at least you're happy bending over and taking it up the arse by being americas poodle .... fair enough

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Anyone from outside of the United States celebrating the Trump victory is a little misguided.

Donald Trump will end free trade agreements and reintroduce protectionism. For any other country this means that if you want to trade with the US the trade deal will only be for things that the US needs and can't be made in the States. The sheer size of the US market would mean that any trade deal would be very one sided and punitive. I would go as far as saying that Trump will play such hardball that it would be pointless for anyone to actually pen a deal and he will stall imports by tariffs as a means to firing up the domestic market.

Foreign observers might get a kick out of another populist uprising but don't expect any benefit for the UK.

I didn't want Trump to win purely because I find him a revolting individual who regards filing lawsuits as a legitimate means of not paying contractors - amongst other things. That said, his victory is a bittersweet pill as we should be paying less company taxes and he has said that he will repeal a number of employment laws that he refers to as "red tape." We will see how that pans out though in the fullness of time.

Waking up here this morning was just like waking up in the UK the morning after the Brexit referendum. A sense of disbelief that Trump had won, but sun still rose, the wind still blew and it was really just another day.

"Anyone from outside of the United States celebrating the Trump victory is a little misguided.

Donald Trump will end free trade agreements and reintroduce protectionism. For any other country this means that if you want to trade with the US the trade deal will only be for things that the US needs and can't be made in the States. The sheer size of the US market would mean that any trade deal would be very one sided and punitive. I would go as far as saying that Trump will play such hardball that it would be pointless for anyone to actually pen a deal and he will stall imports by tariffs as a means to firing up the domestic market.

Foreign observers might get a kick out of another populist uprising but don't expect any benefit for the UK.

I didn't want Trump to win purely because I find him a revolting individual who regards filing lawsuits as a legitimate means of not paying contractors - amongst other things. That said, his victory is a bittersweet pill as we should be paying less company taxes and he has said that he will repeal a number of employment laws that he refers to as "red tape." We will see how that pans out though in the fullness of time.

Waking up here this morning was just like waking up in the UK the morning after the Brexit referendum. A sense of disbelief that Trump had won, but sun still rose, the wind still blew and it was really just another day."

so you're against Trumps protectionism but for the EU's protectionism?

Cannock

"one good thing, the "special realtionship" is dead and buried, no more will we be americas little lap dog ..... trump has previously said he has no regard for britain on the global political stage which leaves Mrs Maygabe more than a bit isolated now"

Just been watching the news coverage on BBC news at 6 and itv news at 6:30, when Trump came off the stage after making his victory speech, a reporter asked "did you take your Inspiration from Brexit?"

Trump replied, "I think Brexit is great, I love Britain".

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Anyone from outside of the United States celebrating the Trump victory is a little misguided.

Waking up here this morning was just like waking up in the UK the morning after the Brexit referendum. A sense of disbelief that Trump had won, but sun still rose, the wind still blew and it was really just another day."

However shares in Ashstead are up to day by 11 % and Keller 7 %. Looks like that the Uk will be a beneficiary of a booming American economy .

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

Just been watching the news coverage on BBC news at 6 and itv news at 6:30, when Trump came off the stage after making his victory speech, a reporter asked "did you take your Inspiration from Brexit?"

Trump replied, "I think Brexit is great, I love Britain". "

By *ongtalljonMan  over a year ago

North Wales

"fair play to the republicans, the one thing trump managed to tap in to was the anger of the people.... and he got them energised...

I think the scary thing for me... because the republicans managed to hold onto the senate as well as the house.... they hold onto the top 3 layers of government...

There are some extremely good points and extremely valid arguments here. If we are to be civilised humans, then we do need to look after our oldest generations - people who can not look after themselves. And we certainly need to consider international trade.

However, there are two reasons why I'm sleeping slightly easier tonight than last night.

Reason 1 - We will soon have two powerful people in charge of large swathes of the world. Russia and America. The leaders of each are passionate about talking, about reaching agreements

Reason 2 - Yes, there are smaller threats to the world, there are countries which can destroy other cities or even countries. But they can't destroy the whole world.

basically he almost gets a blank check for the next 2 years.....

so .... affordable care act.... dead

TTP...... dead

iran nuclear deal..... dead

dodd-frank.... gone!

i think abortion will be now made completely illegal... its the one think the republicans crave the most... so roe vs wade and a womans right to choose i think could go

i just don't hope many judges on the supreme court die... because just 9 is now going to be very conservative,.. and it is going to go even further to the right.....

i wonder how many republicans are now going to go back after, for example, gay marriage.......

on the democratic side, i think for a while at least, you have seen the end of the liberal wing.... the progressive wing will now take the lead for a while.... this sets up a run for someone like Elizabeth Warren in 4 yrs time....."

"Well I just watched putins speech live on RT and he talked about US and russia relations and qouted trump as saying he wanted to rebuild relations with russia and putin said "russia is ready and willing to start rebuilding relations" (obviously it was a much longer speech) but the jist of it is that thankfully anytensions between russia and the US will now decline and commication between these two super powers can only be a good thing for the world.

already thats a huge plus as if it was hillary the relations between both countries would have deteriorated even further.

"

It depends on the communication and relationship. If it's a case of

Putin: "we're gonna bomb whoever we want in Syria."

Trump: "yea grand."

Then I don't think that's a positive step.

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

Trump replied, "I think Brexit is great, I love Britain". "

He's a bloody glorified estate agent for Christ's sake what did you expect him to reply!?

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

"Well I just watched putins speech live on RT and he talked about US and russia relations and qouted trump as saying he wanted to rebuild relations with russia and putin said "russia is ready and willing to start rebuilding relations" (obviously it was a much longer speech) but the jist of it is that thankfully anytensions between russia and the US will now decline and commication between these two super powers can only be a good thing for the world.

"

Sorry but I do think that is pretty naieve. Putin is an opportunist and will see Trump's statements on NATO and America first as weakness - really wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing Russian interference in the Baltic States over next few months. Putin's ultimate goal appears to be to recreate a greater Russia and that means bringing the fringe countries back under Russian influence - directly or indirectly. We will have to decide if we are willing to put up with that or not.

By *ongtalljonMan  over a year ago

North Wales

Interesting points there!

Would we be willing to put up with that? I think we might. Considering that the fringe states are where all our legal immigrants "taking British jobs" come from, the press would have a field day.

You appear to be as deluded as the pollsters and the political commentators who said Clinton was a shoe in to win. Trump wants trade deals on a 1 to 1 country basis, he has said it in his speeches. Now the UK is leaving the EU we can do that trade deal 1 to 1 with America and the EU won't get a trade deal with America as a 28 member block. OBAMA saying we would be at the back of the queue was a load of crap. Trump has a Scottish mother, he has ties to the UK. Also Nigel Farage and Aaron Banks are meeting Trump on Saturday, it just said on sky news. Farage helped Trump to win the Presidency so Trump owes Farage a debt of gratitude. I suspect Farage will ask Trump to give the UK a good trade deal as a favour, and seeing as Trump dislikes the EU and is a fan of brexit, he may well just agree to it.

Trump has also promised to bring jobs - and particular manufacturing jobs - back into the US. He has called for an end to free trade and large tariffs. This is the first tenet of nationalism - you think of your own first to the exclusion of "others".

Do you think Britain will have some kind of special deal that others won't?"

Absolutely

Britain and America will trade well, whilst EU and America will grow further apart

I would rather Britain cut bonds with other 27 EU nations and link up with 160 nations outwith the EU

Preston

Sorry but I do think that is pretty naieve. Putin is an opportunist and will see Trump's statements on NATO and America first as weakness - really wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing Russian interference in the Baltic States over next few months. Putin's ultimate goal appears to be to recreate a greater Russia and that means bringing the fringe countries back under Russian influence - directly or indirectly. We will have to decide if we are willing to put up with that or not."

we? you can leave me well out of it thanks, not my back garden not my problem and not willing to die over it. Russia attacks Uk i fight then

Thought Springsteen sang for the working man!!!!

perhaps he has forgotten his roots

Cannock

at least you're happy bending over and taking it up the arse by being americas poodle .... fair enough"

Like you enjoy bending over and taking it up the arse from Brussels and being an EU poodle.......fair enough.

"Like you enjoy bending over and taking it up the arse from Brussels and being an EU poodle.......fair enough. "

again you are deluded in assuming i voted remain ..... i don't care one way or the other and never have .... if you persist in this line of abuse then you will just look increasingly idiotic

.... by the way has trump got around to phoning Mrs Maygabe yet? or is he too busy talking to all the important countries?

Cannock

"Like you enjoy bending over and taking it up the arse from Brussels and being an EU poodle.......fair enough.

again you are deluded in assuming i voted remain ..... i don't care one way or the other and never have .... if you persist in this line of abuse then you will just look increasingly idiotic

"

Lol, are you playing the victim now? You dish out abuse yourself and then squeal like a baby when you get some back.

If you don't like it then I suggest you don't dish it out in the first place.

Also it's obvious which side of the fence you sit on regarding Brexit, your constant denials are making you look increasingly idiotic.

" it's obvious which side of the fence you sit on regarding Brexit "

as i said, increasingly idiotic

" it's obvious which side of the fence you sit on regarding Brexit

as i said, increasingly idiotic"

There is an old saying, if the cap fits...

» Add a new message to this topic