FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Nevermind Trump, Pence is the really worrying one

Nevermind Trump, Pence is the really worrying one

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oncupiscentTony OP   Man  over a year ago

Kent

Cut funding to planned parenthood

Gay 'conversion'

Funerals for aborted/miscarried foetuses

Smoking isn't a killer

Ducking stools for witches

(Only one if those is made up)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yip, plus before he chose his running mate Trumps people went to another VP possibility and asked if he wanted to become the most powerful VP in history. said he'd be in charge of foreign and domestic policy (thats pretty much everything). When he asked what Trump would be doing the reply was 'making america great again'

So thats how much power Pence has now!

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

there are certain things i have been trying to tell my brexit friends today... but because they are so focused on brexit and the rest doesn't affect them, they dont care....

now trump gets to choose "judge 9" on the supreme court.... I really really do fear for Roe vs Wade and a woman's right to choose... if they follow the lead of "red states" on the subject, i think they will take a shot at getting abortion banned nationwide..... its been the republicans "nirvana" for the last decade....

also... there is going to be press to roll back on some of the issued regarding minorities and LGBT issues dicrimination law, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did take a shot of repealing same-sex marriage

Trump is most likely going to become the vector for the regressive aspects of the hard/far right in America and possibly a signal for other modern and developing nations to take a lead.

As several have said, I guess we can see greater influence of big business in banking, industry, and climate change denial from the 'bought up members of the house'.

Possibly policies put in place to make life harder for certain demographics in society.

Not 100% sure how the American senate and congress works, but I imagine some form of coalition between moderate Republican senators and democrats might have to form if America is not to become an even more deeply divided nation.

The ducking stool sounds so good for

Clinton,sold arms to terrorists to

kill her and our soldiers !!!

Thank god she lost , put her in prison.

"Cut funding to planned parenthood

Gay 'conversion'

Smoking isn't a killer

(Only one if those is made up)"

That's because he's a crazy Christian..... There no better than crazy Muslims, they all belive in bullshit and theocracy, the only slight difference is "we" don't mind saying Christians are fucking whack jobs, but that's mainly coz there white.... Otherwise somebody would be along soon to tell me I'm a Christianaphobe!....

"

That's because he's a crazy Christian..... There no better than crazy Muslims, they all belive in bullshit and theocracy, the only slight difference is "we" don't mind saying Christians are fucking whack jobs, but that's mainly coz there white.... Otherwise somebody would be along soon to tell me I'm a Christianaphobe!...."

"In God we trust" .........

Never met him...her...it...

Never seen him...her...it...

Not a single piece of evidence that he...she...it exists but we trust him...her...it...with what i have no fucking idea.

Better off changing it to "In Trump We Trust" , at least you can see him

By *ngel n tedCouple  over a year ago

maidstone

Surely he should be called "cents" right?

"there are certain things i have been trying to tell my brexit friends today... but because they are so focused on brexit and the rest doesn't affect them, they dont care....

now trump gets to choose "judge 9" on the supreme court.... I really really do fear for Roe vs Wade and a woman's right to choose... if they follow the lead of "red states" on the subject, i think they will take a shot at getting abortion banned nationwide..... its been the republicans "nirvana" for the last decade....

also... there is going to be press to roll back on some of the issued regarding minorities and LGBT issues dicrimination law, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did take a shot of repealing same-sex marriage "

ahhh yes, the same man that told us Brexit would never happen, the same man that told us Trump had no chance is hell and would never be elected

and you expect us to listen to your "expert" advice

"there are certain things i have been trying to tell my brexit friends today... but because they are so focused on brexit and the rest doesn't affect them, they dont care....

also... there is going to be press to roll back on some of the issued regarding minorities and LGBT issues dicrimination law, and I wouldn't be surprised if they did take a shot of repealing same-sex marriage

ahhh yes, the same man that told us Brexit would never happen, the same man that told us Trump had no chance is hell and would never be elected

"

I can't see any advice in there..only comment?

Roe V Wade will get trashed 5-4 when Trump appoints his right wing Supreme Court Justice.

There are, for at least another 2 years, no checks and balances in place with a Republican House and Republican President.

That is an unhealthy situation, Trump aside, and one that will push a right wing agenda fully during those 2 years.

I don't really know Fabio, have only read a few posts, but as an American he probably has a handle better than most on the complicated federal/state legalities than most as well as a more informed outlook on US Politics than suddenly half of Britain seems to have...

My qualifications? None - just an American girlfriend.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

It's hardly 'advice' to point out the politics of Trump and Pence. They hold anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ positions.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Gay 'conversion'

Smoking isn't a killer

(Only one if those is made up).

That's because he's a crazy Christian..... There no better than crazy Muslims, they all belive in bullshit and theocracy, the only slight difference is "we" don't mind saying Christians are fucking whack jobs, but that's mainly coz there white.... Otherwise somebody would be along soon to tell me I'm a Christianaphobe!...."

have to say that as someone who escaped the indoctrination of the catholic faith I agree..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Roe V Wade will get trashed 5-4 when Trump appoints his right wing Supreme Court Justice.

There are, for at least another 2 years, no checks and balances in place with a Republican House and Republican President.

That is an unhealthy situation, Trump aside, and one that will push a right wing agenda fully during those 2 years.

I don't really know Fabio, have only read a few posts, but as an American he probably has a handle better than most on the complicated federal/state legalities than most as well as a more informed outlook on US Politics than suddenly half of Britain seems to have...

My qualifications? None - just an American girlfriend."

this

except obviously I don't have a girlfriend..

Gay 'conversion'

Smoking isn't a killer

That's because he's a crazy Christian..... There no better than crazy Muslims, they all belive in bullshit and theocracy, the only slight difference is "we" don't mind saying Christians are fucking whack jobs, but that's mainly coz there white.... Otherwise somebody would be along soon to tell me I'm a Christianaphobe!....

have to say that as someone who escaped the indoctrination of the catholic faith I agree.."

As somebody with a protestant mother and a catholic father it's no wonder I turned out weird .

I don't confuse spirituality with a theocratic human induced club with all the solutions for human failure.... That said, we've undermined "marriage" without considering the problems it's caused or what to put in its place!.

Gay 'conversion'

Smoking isn't a killer

have to say that as someone who escaped the indoctrination of the catholic faith I agree...

As somebody with a protestant mother and a catholic father it's no wonder I turned out weird .

I don't confuse spirituality with a theocratic human induced club with all the solutions for human failure.... That said, we've undermined "marriage" without considering the problems it's caused or what to put in its place!.

"

My late mother was Protestant and my dad is Catholic. Obviously we are all Protestant. But I don't think any of us believe in it, and I'm certain we are not religious like some of the people I met while in the US.

It's just weird over there, bless em!

My qualifications? None - just an American girlfriend.

this

except obviously I don't have a girlfriend.."

I do share her....sometimes

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

It's hardly 'advice' to point out the politics of Trump and Pence. They hold anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ positions. "

don't worry about mr hand..... hes like my stalker...

he doesn't like to talk about the actual subject at hand... he just likes getting digs (I think i'm in his head) playing the man instead of the ball so to speak......

anyway you are right..... been reading up on pence and his record as governor of indiana and his record on LGBT and women's issues especially is gruesome....

thats why i really do fear for womens rights and LGBT discrimination.......

Apparently Trump has already named who his head of the Environmental Protection Agency is gonna be and yes...drum roll....he's a climate change denier.

Not only womans right to choose via the Roe v Wade decision, he'll also be looking to repeal Obamacare and go back on the recent Iran deal.

The more they can wipe out all signs of Obamas legacy the better for Republicans.

I also imagine they'll try and make it open season for Alaska oil drilling and nationwide fracking. Goodbye world.

"Apparently Trump has already named who his head of the Environmental Protection Agency is gonna be and yes...drum roll....he's a climate change denier.

"

That doesn't surprise me, there's so many US politicans who are!.

However is believing in a Chinese hoax any worse than being a beliver in the science and then doing nothing about it?.... At least this guy is just a religious idiot who doesn't understand basic science.... The other guys and girls all grasp it very well but choose to do fuck all about it, in fact that goes for alot of people on here as well, lots of people "get it" but still relentlessly burn fossil fuels and vote for politicans who play their mind game of, sure we'll look and sound like we're concerned but in reality were not going to do fuck all, so vote us your conscience is clear!.

I would say there's lots of people who vote ukip or trump who do exactly the same thing, there only really voting on one or two of these parties issues, there probably on the whole not really anti LBGT, anti woman, anti black etc etc, there offering them something nobody else offers for ukip it's the EU out, for trump it's the same as Bernie sanders offered, most of the US trade policies have been what could be described as disastrous for American working class jobs,i think the majority are willing to turn a blind eye to the other shit these people come out with on the hope they get that one concession!.

Personally I think there being hoodwinked still by politicans like they always have been, discontent will grow with the new right wing agenda in the coming years and we could swing left... If you look at Greece after their "problems" or many other countries you see this rebound shuffling from right to left in politics.

There looking for answers to life's problems and just like religion somebody will give them the answer they want to hear.

I don't know to be honest where this will end politically, however I can tell you scientifically carrying on as we were will be disastrous for everybody on the planet in the near future?.... That's how science works, it's different than politics because it's quantifiable and not just believable

» Add a new message to this topic