FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trump Amazes Me

Trump Amazes Me

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Trump amazes me, I have been totally shocked by a story I read tonight. Trump has been a Secret Service protectee, I think since he won the nomination of his party. When a protectee flies, the Secret Service fly with them, and pays for the seats for their agents, logical enough. In Trump's case though, he has his own plane. So the Secret Service have flown for free, right? Wrong. Trump has so far billed the Secret Service $6m for seats on his plane.

If Trump requests protection for his family, and they continue flying around in his plane, Trump will be able to charge the federal government millions and millions of dollars.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/16/13641538/trump-plane-secret-service?utm_campaign=mattyglesias&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Cambridge

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-11-15/how-trump-can-make-money-off-the-secret-service

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Trump amazes me, I have been totally shocked by a story I read tonight. Trump has been a Secret Service protectee, I think since he won the nomination of his party. When a protectee flies, the Secret Service fly with them, and pays for the seats for their agents, logical enough. In Trump's case though, he has his own plane. So the Secret Service have flown for free, right? Wrong. Trump has so far billed the Secret Service $6m for seats on his plane.

If Trump requests protection for his family, and they continue flying around in his plane, Trump will be able to charge the federal government millions and millions of dollars.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/16/13641538/trump-plane-secret-service?utm_campaign=mattyglesias&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter"

Are you sure about the validity of this story and this link? Only the story and the BBC link you posted on the 'No plan for Brexit' thread turned out to be false on the very same day you posted it.

Also what do you think about Donald Trump refusing to accept the Presidential salary, and that it would be better spent on the people.

Cambridge

"Trump amazes me, I have been totally shocked by a story I read tonight. Trump has been a Secret Service protectee, I think since he won the nomination of his party. When a protectee flies, the Secret Service fly with them, and pays for the seats for their agents, logical enough. In Trump's case though, he has his own plane. So the Secret Service have flown for free, right? Wrong. Trump has so far billed the Secret Service $6m for seats on his plane.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/16/13641538/trump-plane-secret-service?utm_campaign=mattyglesias&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Are you sure about the validity of this story and this link? Only the story and the BBC link you posted on the 'No plan for Brexit' thread turned out to be false on the very same day you posted it.

Also what do you think about Donald Trump refusing to accept the Presidential salary, and that it would be better spent on the people. "

Try to stick to the OP. What do you think about this story?

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/11/16/13641538/trump-plane-secret-service?utm_campaign=mattyglesias&utm_content=chorus&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter"

The guy is a turd. But I think that this story needs a bit more verification. It is as believable as a BFNN story.

Cambridge

[Removed by poster at 17/11/16 08:03:11]

Cambridge

"

The guy is a turd. But I think that this story needs a bit more verification. It is as believable as a BFNN story."

How about from the forums favourite paper then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3804129/Secret-Service-spent-1-6-million-flights-agents-protect-Trump-goes-reimburse-Donald-private-jet.html?ito=email_share_mobile-top

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Never believe in the news or stuff on line most of it lies and one sided

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"

The guy is a turd. But I think that this story needs a bit more verification. It is as believable as a BFNN story.

How about from the forums favourite paper then?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3804129/Secret-Service-spent-1-6-million-flights-agents-protect-Trump-goes-reimburse-Donald-private-jet.html?ito=email_share_mobile-top"

Incredible Such an absurd story that it had to be fake! But it t wasn't.

But once he becomes pesedent he will fly in airforce one which would be owned by the US not him.

So a bit of a non story really

By *ackspopCouple  over a year ago

Wymondham

Donald Fart would never be allowed to fly in anything other than Airforce 1. It has all the essential secure comms systems etc. required for his position as Prez. Story is about as newsworthy as yesterday's chippy papers.

Cambridge

It's not about Trump flying once he is President, its about the millions he will earn, whilst his wife and family fly around in the Trump jet during his presidency.

It's mind numbing that the secret service have to pay for their agents plane tickets to enable them to risk their lives protecting a VIP who actually own the fucking plane to start with.

"It's not about Trump flying once he is President, its about the millions he will earn, whilst his wife and family fly around in the Trump jet during his presidency."

It's not going to be just through his presidency though is it, it'll probably be for bleeding life now

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

Actually this is true; and the Secret Service paid Clintons campaign too; it is normal practice to protect the candidates, and to reimburse the candidates campaign funds for the extra expense incurred by having to include the secret service detail in their aircraft charter costs.

However it seems a bit off to pay a candidate for use of his own plane. However, i suspect that Trumps plane isn't actually permanently by him; I suspect it's actually a chartered plane.

"Actually this is true; and the Secret Service paid Clintons campaign too; it is normal practice to protect the candidates, and to reimburse the candidates campaign funds for the extra expense incurred by having to include the secret service detail in their aircraft charter costs.

However it seems a bit off to pay a candidate for use of his own plane. However, i suspect that Trumps plane isn't actually permanently by him; I suspect it's actually a chartered plane.

"

chartered plane from one of his own companies I think

Cambridge

He also quadrupled the rent price of his offices, then rented his offices out to his official campaign, so money donated to his campaign to help him get elected, actually went into his pocket.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Ridiculous and believable.

London and France

"Actually this is true; and the Secret Service paid Clintons campaign too; it is normal practice to protect the candidates, and to reimburse the candidates campaign funds for the extra expense incurred by having to include the secret service detail in their aircraft charter costs.

chartered plane from one of his own companies I think "

Very few companies own their own planes; it is almost sure to be a long lease; even if it " belongs to" one of his companies; after all; most airlines ( even the big Ines like BA) only actually own their own planes; the rest lease them ( that's where the big money in the airline industry is; leasing planes, not operating airlines)

Nevertheless, he is clearly making as much cash as he can out of the system.

Cambridge

Very few companies own their own planes; it is almost sure to be a long lease; even if it " belongs to" one of his companies; after all; most airlines ( even the big Ines like BA) only actually own their own planes; the rest lease them ( that's where the big money in the airline industry is; leasing planes, not operating airlines)

"

And do you think its right to try and make as much cash as he can out of the system?

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

Wonder how much Hillarys rented plane plus secret service bill came 2. My guess hell of a lot more but could be wrong

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Wonder how much Hillarys rented plane plus secret service bill came 2. My guess hell of a lot more but could be wrong"

No one seems to care about that though?

By *oyce69Man  over a year ago

Driffield

"Wonder how much Hillarys rented plane plus secret service bill came 2. My guess hell of a lot more but could be wrong"

I think it was around a million dollars more.

Cambridge

"Wonder how much Hillarys rented plane plus secret service bill came 2. My guess hell of a lot more but could be wrong

I think it was around a million dollars more.

"

$2.71m, so a lot less than Trump. Also the difference is that the money that was spent on protecting Clinton, didn’t go to Clinton, it went to the company that leased the plane. With Trump, they money from the federal government went to Trump.

So Trump profited from it, Clinton did not.

London and France

And do you think its right to try and make as much cash as he can out of the system?"

Of course not; expenses ( where valid) should reimburse for actual expenses; not make a profit: I am simply pointing out the facts of the matter.

» Add a new message to this topic