FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Britains Cake Policy

Britains Cake Policy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isandre OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

is "pro having it and pro eating it"

UK voters want single market access and immigration controls, poll finds.

NatCen study finds 90% favour staying in the Single Market and 70% wants limits on EU immigration.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Will you please stop highlighting our nations sense of entitlement.....

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"is "pro having it and pro eating it"

NatCen study finds 90% favour staying in the Single Market and 70% wants limits on EU immigration.

"

. Are polls ever right ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

. Are polls ever right ? "

well I've just seen one that says 68% of people now think that we should leave the EU. So that one probably is

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Carlo Calenda, an Italian economics minister, said it was insulting that Johnson had told him during a recent meeting that Italy would grant Britain access to the EU’s single market “because you don’t want to lose prosecco exports”.

“He basically said: ‘I don’t want free movement of people but I want the single market,’” he told Bloomberg. “I said: ‘No way.’ He said: ‘You’ll sell less prosecco.’ I said: ‘OK, you’ll sell less fish and chips, but I’ll sell less prosecco to one country and you’ll sell less to 27 countries.’ Putting things on this level is a bit insulting.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/16/european-ministers-boris-johnson-prosecco-claim-brexit?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Messaging

The illogical arguement of Brexit neatly summed up in one paragraph.

Hartlepool

. Are polls ever right ?

well I've just seen one that says 68% of people now think that we should leave the EU. So that one probably is "

Which poll was that?

The BMG one conducted at the beginning of November had Remain 51%, Leave 49%. Interestingly it was mainly down to those who didn't vote saying they would now cast a vote and it would be more for Remain than Leave.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

. Are polls ever right ? "

No such thing as" right" with a poll; ( it's statistics, so there is a probability)

However, figures as high as 90% and 70% have a high probability of being correct- or I should say, - probability of reflecting the real state of affairs

. Are polls ever right ?

well I've just seen one that says 68% of people now think that we should leave the EU. So that one probably is

Which poll was that?

The BMG one conducted at the beginning of November had Remain 51%, Leave 49%. Interestingly it was mainly down to those who didn't vote saying they would now cast a vote and it would be more for Remain than Leave. "

yougov, it keeps popping up on Sky news

Hartlepool

I've had a good look on the Sky and Yougov and the internet in general and I can't find it.

You didn't dream it did you?

Cambridge

. Are polls ever right ?

Which poll was that?

The BMG one conducted at the beginning of November had Remain 51%, Leave 49%. Interestingly it was mainly down to those who didn't vote saying they would now cast a vote and it would be more for Remain than Leave.

yougov, it keeps popping up on Sky news"

I can’t find that poll on either YouGov, or on Sky News, have you got a link?

I did find a poll on YouGov about what would make Leave voters change their mind about Brexit.

A significant increase in unemployment – 7% say that under these circumstances they would then oppose Brexit, whilst an additional 13% would no longer be sure about whether Brexit should happen or not.

Financial services industry fleeing the UK would persuade 4% of Leave voters to change their mind (plus 7% no longer sure), whilst the introduction of EU tariffs on UK goods and the price of groceries rising 10% would persuade 3% of Leave voters to change their mind (plus, again, a further 7% would no longer be sure).

British people needing a visa to travel in Europe and Scotland leaving the UK and were the least likely to change people’s minds on Brexit (although 21% of Scottish people who think voting to leave the EU was the right thing to do would change their mind if it resulted in Scottish independence, compared to 3% of British people with the same view).

Nevertheless, whilst the margins might be small, any of these scenarios would be enough to tip the balance of public opinion from thinking Britain was right to vote to leave the EU to thinking Britain was wrong to vote to leave the EU (excluding don’t knows).

[As YouGov doesn’t fall within forum rules I can’t post the link]

. Are polls ever right ?

Which poll was that?

I did find a poll on YouGov about what would make Leave voters change their mind about Brexit.

A significant increase in unemployment – 7% say that under these circumstances they would then oppose Brexit, whilst an additional 13% would no longer be sure about whether Brexit should happen or not.

Financial services industry fleeing the UK would persuade 4% of Leave voters to change their mind (plus 7% no longer sure), whilst the introduction of EU tariffs on UK goods and the price of groceries rising 10% would persuade 3% of Leave voters to change their mind (plus, again, a further 7% would no longer be sure).

British people needing a visa to travel in Europe and Scotland leaving the UK and were the least likely to change people’s minds on Brexit (although 21% of Scottish people who think voting to leave the EU was the right thing to do would change their mind if it resulted in Scottish independence, compared to 3% of British people with the same view).

Nevertheless, whilst the margins might be small, any of these scenarios would be enough to tip the balance of public opinion from thinking Britain was right to vote to leave the EU to thinking Britain was wrong to vote to leave the EU (excluding don’t knows).

[As YouGov doesn’t fall within forum rules I can’t post the link]"

but you want me to post a link. Cheers

Cambridge

. Are polls ever right ?

Which poll was that?

[As YouGov doesn’t fall within forum rules I can’t post the link]

but you want me to post a link. Cheers"

You can post a link to a media organisations without falling foul of the forum rules.

» Add a new message to this topic