FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How to win friends and influence people

How to win friends and influence people

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

A quote from Trumps new national security adviser.

"Islam is a political ideology. It is a political ideology. It definitely hides behind this notion of it being a religion. And I have a very, very tough time because I don’t see a lot of people screaming ‘Jesus Christ’ with hatchets or machetes or rifles shooting up clubs or hatcheting, literally axing families on a train, or like they just killed a couple of police officers with a machete. It’s unbelievable. So we have a problem.

It’s like cancer. You know, I’ve gone through cancer in my own life. So it’s like cancer. And it’s a like a malignant cancer, though, in this case. It has metastasized"

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Calls a spade a spade. Good for him.

Cambridge

"Calls a spade a spade. Good for him. "

Well actually he has just called 23% of the world population cancer.

If Clinton had won the election I wonder what she would have done in return for all the money the Saudis gave her...ban women drivers...introduce public beheadings...and stoning for adultery!?

Cambridge

"If Clinton had won the election I wonder what she would have done in return for all the money the Saudis gave her...ban women drivers...introduce public beheadings...and stoning for adultery!?"

Do you have any proof that she was considering these as policy ideas? Any links to publications from her policy advisors on those issues? Links to speeches she made exploring and advocating those ideas?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"If Clinton had won the election I wonder what she would have done in return for all the money the Saudis gave her...ban women drivers...introduce public beheadings...and stoning for adultery!?

Do you have any proof that she was considering these as policy ideas? Any links to publications from her policy advisors on those issues? Links to speeches she made exploring and advocating those ideas? "

I think the post was tongue in cheek but are you happy that she took cash from several middle east regimes that arent exactly know for tolerance and human rights ?

I'm struggling with you on this one

Got to say a lot of shat the bloke said I agree with !

I think Islam could do with a New Testament like Christianity got a New Testament !

Christians don't want to stone people any more , but they would if they only had the Old Testament if you get my drift ?

Cambridge

"If Clinton had won the election I wonder what she would have done in return for all the money the Saudis gave her...ban women drivers...introduce public beheadings...and stoning for adultery!?

Do you have any proof that she was considering these as policy ideas? Any links to publications from her policy advisors on those issues? Links to speeches she made exploring and advocating those ideas?

I think the post was tongue in cheek but are you happy that she took cash from several middle east regimes that arent exactly know for tolerance and human rights ?"

No, but its not as though the UK isn't exactly squeaky clean in that area either.

Cambridge

"I'm struggling with you on this one

I think Islam could do with a New Testament like Christianity got a New Testament !

Christians don't want to stone people any more , but they would if they only had the Old Testament if you get my drift ? "

Islam does have the New testament!

I am baffled why the uk and the USA suck up yo the Saudis !

Horrible regimes !

Yes I know Oil !

I would also like to see our Celebs boycotting the likes of Dubai !

Cambridge

"I am baffled why the uk and the USA suck up yo the Saudis !

Horrible regimes !

Yes I know Oil !

I would also like to see our Celebs boycotting the likes of Dubai ! "

Even if you don't believe in climate change, getting rid of our dependency on foreign oil is a good reason for investment in renewables.

I think the post was tongue in cheek but are you happy that she took cash from several middle east regimes that arent exactly know for tolerance and human rights ?

No, but its not as though the UK isn't exactly squeaky clean in that area either."

You must be talking about the operation of Sharia law of course...which actively discriminates against muslim women? Or has the British government started beheading people in Traflagar Square?

Horrible regimes !

Yes I know Oil !

Even if you don't believe in climate change, getting rid of our dependency on foreign oil is a good reason for investment in renewables. "

I do believe in climate change !

I don't Realy think anyone doesn't !

But some country's like China , India , USA really just don't care !

Cambridge

"

You must be talking about the operation of Sharia law of course...which actively discriminates against muslim women? Or has the British government started beheading people in Traflagar Square?"

No, I was referring to the UK doing deals with countries that don't have brilliant human rights records.

Cambridge

Horrible regimes !

Yes I know Oil !

Even if you don't believe in climate change, getting rid of our dependency on foreign oil is a good reason for investment in renewables.

But some country's like China , India , USA really just don't care ! "

Sorry I didn't mean you, i meant people who don't believe, there are still reasons why we should focus on renewables.

bournemouth

"

You must be talking about the operation of Sharia law of course...which actively discriminates against muslim women? Or has the British government started beheading people in Traflagar Square?

No, I was referring to the UK doing deals with countries that don't have brilliant human rights records. "

So if trump tells these middle east countries to clean up their act as opposed to clinton sucking up to them you would have to say that is a point in his favour

Horrible regimes !

Yes I know Oil !

But some country's like China , India , USA really just don't care !

Sorry I didn't mean you, i meant people who don't believe, there are still reasons why we should focus on renewables. "

No need for a sorry

Plenty of things we disagree on lol

But I don't mind that

Cambridge

"

No, I was referring to the UK doing deals with countries that don't have brilliant human rights records.

So if trump tells these middle east countries to clean up their act as opposed to clinton sucking up to them you would have to say that is a point in his favour "

I don't think that human rights abuses around the world can really be ended by any one President.

I think there are some steps that external countries, and even companies can take to make things better, but grass roots pressure is what will be most important.

Anyone who has a positive impact on human rights should be commended.

bournemouth

"

So if trump tells these middle east countries to clean up their act as opposed to clinton sucking up to them you would have to say that is a point in his favour

I don't think that human rights abuses around the world can really be ended by any one President.

I think there are some steps that external countries, and even companies can take to make things better, but grass roots pressure is what will be most important.

Anyone who has a positive impact on human rights should be commended."

Do you think clinton would have done anything about the misogny of the saudi's ?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Do you have any proof that she was considering these as policy ideas? Any links to publications from her policy advisors on those issues? Links to speeches she made exploring and advocating those ideas? "

he "wondered" Geddit?

Cambridge

"

Do you think clinton would have done anything about the misogny of the saudi's ?"

No, but I doubt that Trump will either. I think Trump and Clinton have/had different priorities in different parts of the world. For example Clinton may have taken a harder line on Russian human rights abuses, and Trump might be harder on Chinese human rights abuses. It's hard to say which approch is right or wrong, better or worse.

In the end, reducing human rights abuses can be difficult to qualify and quantify and is based on numerous factors.

I would say however that I don't think reducing human rights abuses is high on trumps list of priorities.

Why can't we come up with a set of standards for the Uk to trade with country's ?

If they don't

If they don't pass we don't trade !

Cambridge

he "wondered" Geddit? "

Lonely as a cloud?

Costa Blanca Spain...

Christians don't want to stone people any more , but they would if they only had the Old Testament if you get my drift ? "

But would all the women have to wear false beards?

Christians don't want to stone people any more , but they would if they only had the Old Testament if you get my drift ?

But would all the women have to wear false beards?"

Hi you two love the life of Brian

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Calls a spade a spade. Good for him.

Well actually he has just called 23% of the world population cancer. "

I think planet earth would call the whole bloody lot of us Cancer.

Just that the religious nutjobs are more malignant than the rest.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Hi you two love the life of Brian "

Greatest movie ever made.

Costa Blanca Spain...

he "wondered" Geddit?

Lonely as a cloud? "

Very droll. Are you Hilda Baker in disguise?

Greatest movie ever made. "

But just suppose it had been about Mohamed ?

Hmmmmm I wonder ?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Do you think clinton would have done anything about the misogny of the saudi's ?"

Er.... Nope. Saudis with lots of oil that they sell to America are the acceptable face of the stone age.

Syrians with a little bit of oil that they sell to the Russians have to be destroyed.

According to the gospel of Saint Killary of course.

Costa Blanca Spain...

Greatest movie ever made.

But just suppose it had been about Mohamed ?

Hmmmmm I wonder ? "

Personally I think they should go for it.

The gags would be endless.

A bit like Four Lions on steroids.

"A quote from Trumps new national security adviser.

"Islam is a political ideology. It is a political ideology. It definitely hides behind this notion of it being a religion. And I have a very, very tough time because I don’t see a lot of people screaming ‘Jesus Christ’ with hatchets or machetes or rifles shooting up clubs or hatcheting, literally axing families on a train, or like they just killed a couple of police officers with a machete. It’s unbelievable. So we have a problem.

It’s like cancer. You know, I’ve gone through cancer in my own life. So it’s like cancer. And it’s a like a malignant cancer, though, in this case. It has metastasized""

Islam isn't Muslims? Just like Christians aren't Christianity?.

All three Abrahamic religions are political by nature they have a doctrine of righteousness on how to lead your life, they tax you, they have appointed leaders, judges, courts, laws, councils, soldiers and door knockers to candour your "vote".

You'd have to be blind to imagine they're not a political ideology!.

This concept that there's somehow moderate Muslims and radical Muslims is just nonsense just like it was with northern Ireland, every catholic and protestant belived the same doctrine, it's just that some of them were willing to do bad shit that they're doctrine told them and some of them ignored it, Islam and Muslims are no different....

The rise of the "right" wing of everything has been coming for decades.

If you think things are shit now, oh boy just wait, just like in 2000 when we thought petrol was outrageous at 80p a Litre..... In ten years time you'll look back and think....I wish trump was still in power

[Removed by poster at 18/11/16 23:08:04]

He is right, all you need to look at is the quran and what prophet muhammad stands for.

» Add a new message to this topic