FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The rise of Fascism in America

The rise of Fascism in America

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Some very scary rhetoric and scenes in this video.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ubble troubleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

The Zionist Association of America is apparently completely cool with Steve Bannon being an anti-Semite and invited him to an event.

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Clear evidence of what is emerging in not only the US but all over the place, you hear this rhetoric more and more.....and the sad thing is many on here would never think of criticising it, because they embrace it.

Cambridge

oh, never mind, Piers Morgan has just said that Trump isn't the next Hitler, we can all rest easy!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is a shift in politics all over the world to the right.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"The Zionist Association of America is apparently completely cool with Steve Bannon being an anti-Semite and invited him to an event. "

If he is anti semitic then maybe he'd feel right at home in the Labour party.

"There is a shift in politics all over the world to the right."

Yep. Personally I think it's due to partial failures on the left to engage en-mass with the people which the left traditionally fought to defend and support.

Not to mention that over the last 5 years or more the left has been influenced by people who wish to stifle the debates society needs to have out of fear that they would be labelled racist/anti-semetic/whatever.

As my grandfather said, when the moderate sides of politics cannot provide the in depth answers for complex problems, people often turn on those who are dissimilar to one another in order to compete with them. The hard and far right dwells on this and then exploits it with simple answers to complex issues, which usually cause more problems.

Manchester

"

If he is anti semitic then maybe he'd feel right at home in the Labour party. "

He's an anti-semitic fascist. That's why he feels right at home in the Trump administration.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

"The Zionist Association of America is apparently completely cool with Steve Bannon being an anti-Semite and invited him to an event.

Point-scoring.

Uh hum.

Babbacombe Torquay

"

He's an anti-semitic fascist. That's why he feels right at home in the Trump administration."

Yes....the Nazi salutes speak volumes, but I'm sure there are a few on here who will have an excuse for that being ok....

"There is a shift in politics all over the world to the right.

Yep. Personally I think it's due to partial failures on the left to engage en-mass with the people which the left traditionally fought to defend and support.

Not to mention that over the last 5 years or more the left has been influenced by people who wish to stifle the debates society needs to have out of fear that they would be labelled racist/anti-semetic/whatever.

As my grandfather said, when the moderate sides of politics cannot provide the in depth answers for complex problems, people often turn on those who are dissimilar to one another in order to compete with them. The hard and far right dwells on this and then exploits it with simple answers to complex issues, which usually cause more problems. "

Spot on. I've had the impression lately the Labour Party elite were out of touch with some of their traditional supporters. It's interesting how here in the North East some of the UKIP supporters I've encountered were formally hardcore Labour supporters.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Maybe the time has come to stop talking about left and right in politics and start talking about authoritarianism and liberalism instead.

It's becoming clearer to me by the day the sensible, liberal, reasonable middle have more in common with each other, whether they consider themselves left of centre or right of centre, than they have with the loony left or the rabid right.

As my grandfather said, when the moderate sides of politics cannot provide the in depth answers for complex problems, people often turn on those who are dissimilar to one another in order to compete with them. The hard and far right dwells on this and then exploits it with simple answers to complex issues, which usually cause more problems.

Spot on. I've had the impression lately the Labour Party elite were out of touch with some of their traditional supporters. It's interesting how here in the North East some of the UKIP supporters I've encountered were formally hardcore Labour supporters. "

Yep, experienced it here in Yorkshire, my dad is still a labour voter, but he admits UKIP occasionally comes out with something valuable. He openly said he'd never vote for a one issue party and a party which did a poor job of checking the views of it councillors from the onset though.

The issue is, will UKIP and Labour now adapt.

Labour for a start needs to get back to how it addressed issues and discussed issues with voters. In their homes, in public, boots on the ground. It needs to get out of the tory trap of coming across as a party which cares about london over every other part of the country.

And UKIP, if it wants to be the main opposition, needs to accept that drifting further right in politics will scare off labour voters. I can't see a hard right, libertarian candidate winning a huge amount of support.

You win ground by appealing to those who are not dedicated to a party, by addressing the issues of the day and age.

"Maybe the time has come to stop talking about left and right in politics and start talking about authoritarianism and liberalism instead.

It's becoming clearer to me by the day the sensible, liberal, reasonable middle have more in common with each other, whether they consider themselves left of centre or right of centre, than they have with the loony left or the rabid right. "

Agreed.

P.s, we should probably address libertarianism and how that's just as flawed as authoritarianism.

I'm actually wondering if we'll seriously see the labour and tory parties break up and those who can put aside minor differences come together to form a centre bridge party.

By *losguygl3Man  over a year ago

Gloucester

"Maybe the time has come to stop talking about left and right in politics and start talking about authoritarianism and liberalism instead.

It's becoming clearer to me by the day the sensible, liberal, reasonable middle have more in common with each other, whether they consider themselves left of centre or right of centre, than they have with the loony left or the rabid right. "

Yes! This absolutely

Left and right maybe do have a place along side authoritarianism and liberalism. More of a political compass instead of a political spectrum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_compass

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

He's an anti-semitic fascist. That's why he feels right at home in the Trump administration.

Yes....the Nazi salutes speak volumes, but I'm sure there are a few on here who will have an excuse for that being ok...."

The Nazi salute does still have a place in the world.

Anything that can make your average tree hugging liberal puke in his/her alfalfa sprouts has to have some merit.

Babbacombe Torquay

"

Yes....the Nazi salutes speak volumes, but I'm sure there are a few on here who will have an excuse for that being ok....

Anything that can make your average tree hugging liberal puke in his/her alfalfa sprouts has to have some merit. "

Yes maybe in some European countries it does still have a place, fortunately in Britain it doesn't.....

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Anything that can make your average tree hugging liberal puke in his/her alfalfa sprouts has to have some merit.

Yes maybe in some European countries it does still have a place, fortunately in Britain it doesn't....."

I've heard that there will be some big special offers on black Friday.

Maybe a good deal could be found on a sense of humour.

Gloucester

"

Anything that can make your average tree hugging liberal puke in his/her alfalfa sprouts has to have some merit. "

Of course the Nazi salute still has a place in the world. It's the best way for the rest of us to spot all the out of touch 19th century minded retards and treat them as they deserve

"

Of course the Nazi salute still has a place in the world. It's the best way for the rest of us to spot all the out of touch 19th century minded retards and treat them as they deserve "

The third Reich were 20th century .

I do like the old 19th century dictator Napoleon though... Never interrupt your enemy while there making a mistake!!... Oh damn it

Hardly surprising really given the 9/11 attacks by Saudi islamo-Nazis on America, the murder of US Ambassador Stevens in Libya by islamo-Nazis and the continuing global threat posed the members and followers of the islamic-Nazi State.

And does the your video show beheadings, gays thrown off tower blocks and people burnt to death in cages?

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Hardly surprising really given the 9/11 attacks by Saudi islamo-Nazis on America, the murder of US Ambassador Stevens in Libya by islamo-Nazis and the continuing global threat posed the members and followers of the islamic-Nazi State.

And does the your video show beheadings, gays thrown off tower blocks and people burnt to death in cages? "

Of course not. That would be a very inconvenient truth.

Costa Blanca Spain...

"

Of course the Nazi salute still has a place in the world. It's the best way for the rest of us to spot all the out of touch 19th century minded retards and treat them as they deserve "

Or to let us spot all the "right on" Quislings when they throw their hands up in mock indignation.

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

I'm struggling to see what this debate is about tbh.

#baffled

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I'm struggling to see what this debate is about tbh.

#baffled"

And me but I'm having fun doing a bit of leftie baiting.

Cambridge

"Hardly surprising really given the 9/11 attacks by Saudi islamo-Nazis on America, the murder of US Ambassador Stevens in Libya by islamo-Nazis and the continuing global threat posed the members and followers of the islamic-Nazi State.

And does the your video show beheadings, gays thrown off tower blocks and people burnt to death in cages?

Of course not. That would be a very inconvenient truth. "

Why?

Spot on. I've had the impression lately the Labour Party elite were out of touch with some of their traditional supporters. It's interesting how here in the North East some of the UKIP supporters I've encountered were formally hardcore Labour supporters. "

Likewise here on south Wales. The fact that these disgruntled former Labour voters have opted to vote for a party to the right of the Tories is bizarre. Many didn't know the full UKIP manifesto.

UKIP were the second party in the Euro Elections across Wales and in large swathes of the valleys.

UKIP were the only party that canvassed for the Referendum locally too.

Labour have a lot of work to do...

"... Many didn't know the full UKIP manifesto.

UKIP were the second party in the Euro Elections across Wales and in large swathes of the valleys.

Labour have a lot of work to do..."

It could start by having another one of its exciting new segregated meetings and confirm what we already know namely its full support for the imposition of Sharia law in the UK and its undying (racist) hatred for all the world's Jews.

Cambridge

It could start by having another one of its exciting new segregated meetings and confirm what we already know namely its full support for the imposition of Sharia law in the UK and its undying (racist) hatred for all the world's Jews."

Gloucester

"

Of course the Nazi salute still has a place in the world. It's the best way for the rest of us to spot all the out of touch 19th century minded retards and treat them as they deserve .

The third Reich were 20th century .

I do like the old 19th century dictator Napoleon though... Never interrupt your enemy while there making a mistake!!... Oh damn it "

Ha ha. I knew somebody would say that! Yes the Nazis were 20th, but the racists nationalism that spawned them began in the 19th

It could start by having another one of its exciting new segregated meetings and confirm what we already know namely its full support for the imposition of Sharia law in the UK and its undying (racist) hatred for all the world's Jews."

How do we know that? I don't know that! Where is this information from?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

It could start by having another one of its exciting new segregated meetings and confirm what we already know namely its full support for the imposition of Sharia law in the UK and its undying (racist) hatred for all the world's Jews.

How do we know that? I don't know that! Where is this information from? "

its ok its la la land..

"The Zionist Association of America is apparently completely cool with Steve Bannon being an anti-Semite and invited him to an event.

That's quite correct as it's the members of the Left who are the biggest anti-Semites.

The insinuation that Trump is somehow an anti-Semite is pure...horseshit. Not least because his son in law Mr Jared Kushner not only helped Trump get elected but is married to non other than one Ivanka Trump in a JEWISH ceremony on October 25, 2009. Indeed Ivanka Trump converted to Judaism before marrying Kushner!

So the fact is that it is the despicable Corbyn/Sharia/pro-Palestine Left which will soon be associating Kushner and Trump with Israel and therefore telling us once more (in the tradition of Adolf Hitler) that it's all a Jewish conspiracy!

Cambridge

That's quite correct as it's the members of the Left who are the biggest anti-Semites.

The insinuation that Trump is somehow an anti-Semite is pure...horseshit. Not least because his son in law Mr Jared Kushner not only helped Trump get elected but is married to non other than one Ivanka Trump in a JEWISH ceremony on October 25, 2009. Indeed Ivanka Trump converted to Judaism before marrying Kushner!

So the fact is that it is the despicable Corbyn/Sharia/pro-Palestine Left which will soon be associating Kushner and Trump with Israel and therefore telling us once more (in the tradition of Adolf Hitler) that it's all a Jewish conspiracy! "

Do you ever find yourself wearing hats made of tin-foil?

Manchester

"

So the fact is that it is the despicable Corbyn/Sharia/pro-Palestine Left which will soon be associating Kushner and Trump with Israel and therefore telling us once more (in the tradition of Adolf Hitler) that it's all a Jewish conspiracy! "

We are talking about Steve Bannon, the man behind his strategy.

Bannon has denied the accusation lodged in 2007 by his ex-wife, who maintained in a court filing “that he did not want their daughter to attend a Los Angeles school because of the numbers of Jews who went to school there,” said CNN.

The Independent quotes the filing as alleging Bannon “went on to say the biggest problem he had with Archer (school) is the number of Jews that attend. He said that he doesn’t like Jews and that he doesn’t like the way they raise their kids to be ‘whiny brats’ and that he didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews.”

Gloucester

"

So the fact is that it is the despicable Corbyn/Sharia/pro-Palestine Left which will soon be associating Kushner and Trump with Israel and therefore telling us once more (in the tradition of Adolf Hitler) that it's all a Jewish conspiracy!

Bannon has denied the accusation lodged in 2007 by his ex-wife, who maintained in a court filing “that he did not want their daughter to attend a Los Angeles school because of the numbers of Jews who went to school there,” said CNN.

The Independent quotes the filing as alleging Bannon “went on to say the biggest problem he had with Archer (school) is the number of Jews that attend. He said that he doesn’t like Jews and that he doesn’t like the way they raise their kids to be ‘whiny brats’ and that he didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews.”"

I didn't know that. That is absolutely disgusting! Another member of the flat earth society.

Manchester

#baffled

And me but I'm having fun doing a bit of leftie baiting. "

I suppose it makes a change from visiting Franco's mausoleum when you are in Spain and the Göring Bell when you are in Germany.

Cambridge

#baffled

I suppose it makes a change from visiting Franco's mausoleum when you are in Spain and the Göring Bell when you are in Germany. "

I was thinking it might make a change from badger baiting, bull baiting etc.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

"

"

Could you provide proof that members of the left, or indeed members of the Labour party are the biggest anti-Semites.

Links to articles that have several sources of proof would be appreciated.

We await your response.

Thank you.

Cannock

"

Could you provide proof that members of the left, or indeed members of the Labour party are the biggest anti-Semites.

We await your response.

Thank you. "

The names Ken Livingston and Naz Shah ring any bells?

Cannock

"

The Independent quotes the filing as alleging Bannon “went on to say the biggest problem he had with Archer (school) is the number of Jews that attend. He said that he doesn’t like Jews and that he doesn’t like the way they raise their kids to be ‘whiny brats’ and that he didn’t want the girls going to school with Jews.”"

CNN (Clinton News Network) you say.

Manchester

Abdul Zaman is deputy chairman of Bradford Conservative Association

A senior Conservative Party member has been suspended by the party after a Labour MP claimed he made antisemitic remarks at the launch of a local election campaign.

Abdul Zaman was said to have made inappropriate comments about Jews and women while speaking at a Bradford Conservative Association event.

Mr Zaman, the association’s deputy chairman, was speaking in the Mirpuri dialect used in parts of Kashmir and Pakistan. He has been suspended pending an investigation.

Cambridge

"

We await your response.

Thank you.

The names Ken Livingston and Naz Shah ring any bells? "

Sorry Centaur, but the Telegraph says that UKIP are the most anti semetic

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11346529/Revealed-the-most-anti-Semitic-people-in-Britain-and-who-they-vote-for.html

London

"

We await your response.

Thank you.

The names Ken Livingston and Naz Shah ring any bells? "

I did ask for articles with proven sources, not names.

I await for the response from the person who made the initial statement. I've not read through all of the posts, but he seems to have remained silent so far...

Manchester

"

CNN (Clinton News Network) you say. "

Enough FFS. It's a report on an affadavit. Believe me CNN will be up Trump's ass in no time and then of course you will be more than happy to quote them.

Every time you make a point, arguing and debating from your perspective, you then do another with this kind of reductionist bullshit.

Anti-Semitism and being opposed to Israel's treatment of the Palestinians are two different things.

Likewise Zionism and Judaism.

I wish people would get to grips with that.

Widnes

To try to pretend that there are not anti-Semites both on the left and right of politics is simply burying your head in the sand.

As for this extremely distasteful attempt to try and make out that one side is more anti-Semitic than the other is to totally miss the point.

Neither the Conservative Party nor the Labour Party base their ideology or policies on any overtly or covertly racist philosophy or principles.

We're all far to quick, in the hope of some short term party political advantage, to accuse the other side of being racist whilst excusing and finding mitigation for those on our own side equally or more so at fault.

If we really want to tackle the problem of antisemitism and racism in general then we need to stop looking for, and finding, the problem elsewhere but instead look more closely at ourselves and those we actually like to think on our side and tackle it there first.

Widnes

"Anti-Semitism and being opposed to Israel's treatment of the Palestinians are two different things.

I wish people would get to grips with that. "

You are of course correct. However the water is somewhat muddied by the obvious reality that someone who is anti-semitic would almost always be more than happy to ride on the anti-Zionist waggon.

"To try to pretend that there are not anti-Semites both on the left and right of politics is simply burying your head in the sand.

As for this extremely distasteful attempt to try and make out that one side is more anti-Semitic than the other is to totally miss the point.

Neither the Conservative Party nor the Labour Party base their ideology or policies on any overtly or covertly racist philosophy or principles.

We're all far to quick, in the hope of some short term party political advantage, to accuse the other side of being racist whilst excusing and finding mitigation for those on our own side equally or more so at fault.

If we really want to tackle the problem of antisemitism and racism in general then we need to stop looking for, and finding, the problem elsewhere but instead look more closely at ourselves and those we actually like to think on our side and tackle it there first."

I wholeheartedly agree. And couldn't have said it any better.

"Anti-Semitism and being opposed to Israel's treatment of the Palestinians are two different things.

I wish people would get to grips with that.

You are of course correct. However the water is somewhat muddied by the obvious reality that someone who is anti-semitic would almost always be more than happy to ride on the anti-Zionist waggon."

Or, I suppose, use the one to excuse the other?

I've personally never come into contact with anyone who has been explicitly anti-Semite. I have come into contact with ill-educated racists who are opposed to all races and beliefs apart from their own.

There was an active BNP branch locally, which has since disbanded and, I am not picking an argument but stating a fact, most of the membership were campaigning for UKIP at the last election.

Manchester

"

However the water is somewhat muddied by the obvious reality that someone who is anti-semitic would almost always be more than happy to ride on the anti-Zionist waggon."

This is the awful thing about Steve Bannon and the nazi Richard Spencer, they are avowedly anti-semitic but the Zionist Organisation of America is welcoming them with open arms.

Manchester

This is an interesting article from the Israeli newspaper/website Haaretz (July 2015).

Reading this gave me more understanding about how extremists and hardliners who on paper should hate each others guts are happy to combine to promote their individual racist agendas

"Here in Israel, murder-bent terrorism and violent, often overkill response, are a daily occurrence. ISIS is encroaching on borders north and south. Israel's relations with its crucial ally Washington are at the lowest point in memory. And if that were not enough, Israel's critical ties with the U.S. Jewish community, already in nose-dive, are likely to decline further with a Tuesday statement by Netanyahu government's Religious Services Minister David Azoulay, regarding Reform Jews:

"I can't allow myself to say that such a person is a Jew."

Meanwhile, back there in the 'States, the Zionist Organization of America has identified this month's pressing threat to Israel and the Jews. And it's none of the above.

Last week, the group issued an Action Alert headed "Don't fly Lufthansa German Airlines," decreeing that the carrier "discriminates against the Jewish State of Israel and travelers to Israel."

Why the call for a blanket boycott against Lufthansa? The ZOA noted that Lufthansa allows its Economy Class passengers traveling to Israel a free allowance of one bag weighing up to 23 kg.

Lufthansa's free baggage allowance to a number of other countries, including many in the Middle East the ZOA continued, is two 23 kg. bags.

Then the ZOA Action Alert goes directly to the Doomsday Weapon of possible explanations. "We hope that Israel’s omission was merely an oversight and was not done intentionally. If it was intentional, it would clearly constitute anti-Semitism."

Raising the stakes, the ZOA warns in closing that "A German airline should be especially sensitive to discriminating against Jews and the Jewish State.”

The organization neglected to mention that among the other carriers whose free baggage allowance to Israel is limited to one 23 kg. bag, is El Al Israel Airlines.

The ZOA could also have mentioned the same baggage limitations in place on the North America-Israel routes of all U.S. and Canadian carriers, Air Canada, American, Delta, and United.

But that's not the way the ZOA rolls.

Yes, the Zionist Organization of America, the largest and most vocal of the U.S. groups supporting the settlement enterprise and other hardline underpinnings of the Netanyahu administration, does spend much of its time and money on boycotts which relate to, and may have the effect of harming, the state of Israel.

What is noteworthy, however, is the extent to which many of these boycotts are at the initiative of the ZOA itself.

To put it simply, the ZOA prospers by making new enemies for Israel.

All too often, in fact, the ZOA prospers by taking friends of Israel, and making them into enemies.

To the relish of hard right donors, the organization demonizes, antagonizes, and alienates the left and liberal Jews – Democratic-voting, settlement-opposing, two-state-advocating, Israel-supporting but not blindly so – who make up the bulk of the North American Jewish community.

The ZOA's Enemies List of groups and individuals is long, and includes many who describe themselves explicitly as pro-Israel.

Among them are J Street, the New Israel Fund, Open Hillel, Americans for Peace Now, Ameinu, J Street U, Partners for Progressive Israel (formerly Meretz USA), the Habonim Dror and Hashomer Hatzair youth movements, and even, by association, Union for Reform Judaism President Rabbi Rick Jacobs.

Now, the ZOA has taken a new boycott tack – targeting the largest airline in Europe, a German firm which is doing business with Israel, and which presumably wants to continue doing so.

Over the past year and a half alone, the ZOA has twice spearheaded mean-spirited, ugly, and ultimately unsuccessful efforts to blackball large numbers of progressive Jews who describe themselves as pro-Israel, from participation in New York's annual "Celebrate Israel" parade.

During the same period, the ZOA succeeded in undermining support for Israel and alienating American Jews in a number of other ways, notably leading an effort to exclude the liberal, self-described pro-Israel organization J Street and its thousands of supporters from membership in American Jewry's intentionally broad-based umbrella organization, the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations.

For the ZOA, it's all a win-win. The more the ZOA alienates younger, progressive American Jews, the more they are likely to turn to BDS as an alternative. They more they do, the more the ZOA will tell its donors that boycott is a growing threat.

Boycotts can pay. Just ask the ZOA."

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

There is little difference between far right and far left in my view,it is just a different slant on power mad people trying to control the non thinking masses.

Please do not take this the wrong way it is not insulting anyone,we are all capable if following someone who promises to fulfil dreams when we are not happy with the status quo

Spot on. I've had the impression lately the Labour Party elite were out of touch with some of their traditional supporters. It's interesting how here in the North East some of the UKIP supporters I've encountered were formally hardcore Labour supporters. There is little difference between far right and far left in my view,it is just a different slant on power mad people trying to control the non thinking masses.

Please do not take this the wrong way it is not insulting anyone,we are all capable if following someone who promises to fulfil dreams when we are not happy with the status quo"

When you are far x it does mean extreme. Of course there are extremes to the spectrum. But what is the comparison in numbers which one has powers?

Why do some people love Sanders but hate Corbyn? In my view they both fight for the same cause and raise the same issues. Maybe I missed something there, or is it because the media coverage.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Why are people so surprised to wake up to the fact that the USA is at heart a fascist country? They have a history of supporting extreme right wing dictatorships. In fact the establishment and general population is so right wing that Time Magazine voted Hitler 'Man of The Year' in 1938. Not to mention minor things like supporting the Cuban Batista regime which fronted for the mafia and effectively blockading Cuba for 50 years for removing Batista. Or maybe people have forgotten how many in the USA thought that Ollie North was a hero and should have been decorated selling cocaine and using the proceeds to buy weapons for the right wing Contra rebels in Nicaragua?

"Why are people so surprised to wake up to the fact that the USA is at heart a fascist country? They have a history of supporting extreme right wing dictatorships. In fact the establishment and general population is so right wing that Time Magazine voted Hitler 'Man of The Year' in 1938. Not to mention minor things like supporting the Cuban Batista regime which fronted for the mafia and effectively blockading Cuba for 50 years for removing Batista. Or maybe people have forgotten how many in the USA thought that Ollie North was a hero and should have been decorated selling cocaine and using the proceeds to buy weapons for the right wing Contra rebels in Nicaragua? "

Don't forget dictatorship in most of South America too.

Costa Blanca Spain...

#baffled

I suppose it makes a change from visiting Franco's mausoleum when you are in Spain and the Göring Bell when you are in Germany. "

Not visited either and wouldn't waste the time. I've not visited Lenin's tomb in Moscow either but I would support the right to exist of all three. Like it or not, history happened and bulldozing a memorial, burning the mummified body of a mass murderer, or chucking an old bell into the sea will change nothing.

I have however visited Colditz Castle, the Möhne Dam, and walked across John Frost bridge at Arnhem among other places of historical interest.

On September 6th next year I will be at the Tyne Cot (no it's not in Newcastle) memorial to honour the 100th anniversary of the death of my great uncle who was killed in the 3rd battle of Ypres (AKA Passchendaele)

It's all very easy to label anyone with right leaning views as a Nazi, Fascist Etc. It is a very common tactic used in left wing circles to stifle genuine debate.

One day however the real ones might just turn up and this "boy who cried wolf" tactic will bite them (and everyone else) on the arse.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

#baffled

I suppose it makes a change from visiting Franco's mausoleum when you are in Spain and the Göring Bell when you are in Germany.

Not visited either and wouldn't waste the time. I've not visited Lenin's tomb in Moscow either but I would support the right to exist of all three. Like it or not, history happened and bulldozing a memorial, burning the mummified body of a mass murderer, or chucking an old bell into the sea will change nothing.

I have however visited Colditz Castle, the Möhne Dam, and walked across John Frost bridge at Arnhem among other places of historical interest.

On September 6th next year I will be at the Tyne Cot (no it's not in Newcastle) memorial to honour the 100th anniversary of the death of my great uncle who was killed in the 3rd battle of Ypres (AKA Passchendaele)

It's all very easy to label anyone with right leaning views as a Nazi, Fascist Etc. It is a very common tactic used in left wing circles to stifle genuine debate.

One day however the real ones might just turn up and this "boy who cried wolf" tactic will bite them (and everyone else) on the arse."

Manchester

"

One day however the real ones might just turn up and this "boy who cried wolf" tactic will bite them (and everyone else) on the arse."

While I would say that some leftie head-in-the-sand attitude towards real social problems is harmful,

actually it's your "Hitler salute is great" and co-opting extremist viewpoints just to wind up "leftie tree-huggers" that is normalising fascism and encouraging its growth.

"

One day however the real ones might just turn up and this "boy who cried wolf" tactic will bite them (and everyone else) on the arse.

While I would say that some leftie head-in-the-sand attitude towards real social problems is harmful,

actually it's your "Hitler salute is great" and co-opting extremist viewpoints just to wind up "leftie tree-huggers" that is normalising fascism and encouraging its growth."

And killing decent people who have opposing views.

RIP Jo Cox

Manchester

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

#baffled

have visited all of the above, been on duty at the Menin gate etc and also visited Bergen belsen so whilst we share a partial commonality there I am really struggling why you chose to say what you did about there being a place for the Nazi salute in this world..

you live in Germany and you know full well that the vast majority of decent people see it as an abhorrent symbol of the past and where you to stand in front of your local town hall or police station and do it you would be rightly arrested..

despite holding different political opinions, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the sort of vile rhetoric being exhibited by some on the extremes is not welcome in any society equally so where it to be reminiscent of pol pot etc..

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

#baffled

London

"Some very scary rhetoric and scenes in this video.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/richard-spencer-speech-npi/508379/"

Roland Martin of TVone interviewed Richard Spencer after this event. He was claiming that Egyptians were not black.

Richard Spencer was not very media savvy,and I'm being kind. Someone was not prepared for this interview. I guess you can make up your minds on this one.

It's about half an hour long.

https://youtu.be/yr5BQS79H7g

moston

"Roland Martin of TVone interviewed Richard Spencer after this event. He was claiming that Egyptians were not black. "

The original statement that you roll your eyes at is correct, they are not black (as in Negro [one of 5 ethnic groups of the species Homo Sapiens, the others being Asian, Caucasian, Oriental and Polynesian]. Egyptians, like all Arabs are Caucasian.

For a little bit more clarity for you we classify ourselves as follows:

Species, Race, People, Tribe, Family, Individual.

London

"Roland Martin of TVone interviewed Richard Spencer after this event. He was claiming that Egyptians were not black.

The original statement that you roll your eyes at is correct, they are not black (as in Negro [one of 5 ethnic groups of the species Homo Sapiens, the others being Asian, Caucasian, Oriental and Polynesian]. Egyptians, like all Arabs are Caucasian.

For a little bit more clarity for you we classify ourselves as follows:

Species, Race, People, Tribe, Family, Individual. "

And Egypt is in North AFRICA. They were African. That wasn't the main point of the post, but...

If you want to split hairs over then, fine. Please provide proof when you do so.

London

And Egypt is in North AFRICA. They were African. That wasn't the main point of the post, but...

If you want to split hairs over that point then, fine. Please provide proof when you do so.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

How do we know that? I don't know that! Where is this information from? "

It comes out of the "alt-right"/ far right websites like Breitbart and so on. Breitbart is one of the more moderate ones, even though it's pretty obscene in its views.

Breitbart was central to Trump's support; and to UKIP: it is setting up in France to support LePen and the NF at present.

moston

"And Egypt is in North AFRICA. They were African. That wasn't the main point of the post, but...

If you want to split hairs over then, fine. Please provide proof when you do so.

"

Ethnic origin has nothing to do with geography, it is about biological diversity.

To be honest I don't know all the physiological differences between the races but I do know one or two:

When examined in cross section Negros have round hair follicles (this is why Negro hair is naturally so curly) and thicker less elastic Achilles tendons (which is why Negros are able to run faster and jump higher than the other races), Caucasians have oval hair follicles (which is why their hair tends to grow strait) also they have longer more elastic Achilles tendons than the other races which is why the fastest and best swimmers are Caucasians).

Please forgive my spitting hairs but it happens that the shape of hair follicles is one of the major ethnic markers.

As for providing proof do your own research. As I doubt that any proof would make any difference to your opinion. After all in my original post I told you what all Arabs (a people) are and where they fit into the Homo Sapien biological Ethnic tree and your reaction was to SHOUT that they are AFRICAN (not an Ethnic group) because Egypt is in North Africa.

London

"And Egypt is in North AFRICA. They were African. That wasn't the main point of the post, but...

Ethnic origin has nothing to do with geography, it is about biological diversity.

To be honest I don't know all the physiological differences between the races but I do know one or two:

When examined in cross section Negros have round hair follicles (this is why Negro hair is naturally so curly) and thicker less elastic Achilles tendons (which is why Negros are able to run faster and jump higher than the other races), Caucasians have oval hair follicles (which is why their hair tends to grow strait) also they have longer more elastic Achilles tendons than the other races which is why the fastest and best swimmers are Caucasians).

Please forgive my spitting hairs but it happens that the shape of hair follicles is one of the major ethnic markers.

As for providing proof do your own research. As I doubt that any proof would make any difference to your opinion. After all in my original post I told you what all Arabs (a people) are and where they fit into the Homo Sapien biological Ethnic tree and your reaction was to SHOUT that they are AFRICAN (not an Ethnic group) because Egypt is in North Africa."

To tell the truth, it wasn't the main point that I was presenting. But if you want to witter on about it,please feel free. As I said before, I'm not going to argue that point with you.

And no, I haven't read your post, which is as much as you not looking at that video.

A good day to you.

By *epper123Woman  over a year ago

London

Interesting debate for mixed race children .... do these markers define which race they 'belong to' or do they? My son has curly hair and is a fast runner and a fast swimmer .... where does this put him? My point is, how useful is this in today's world?

moston

"Interesting debate for mixed race children .... do these markers define which race they 'belong to' or do they? My son has curly hair and is a fast runner and a fast swimmer .... where does this put him? My point is, how useful is this in today's world? "

There are relatively very few that could be classed as purely of a single tribe, people or even race. With the increase in population movement those numbers will decrease, and this is on the whole a good thing as it widens diversity in the gene-pool and seems to produce healthier offspring. However it has to be acknowledged that genetic physiological traits are the result of evolution driven by habitat and we ignore this at our peril (Example: Negros are susceptible to Sickle Cell Anemia, however it has been discovered that SCA gives protection against malaria, and is therefore a positive for those living in malaria zones).

AS for your son pepper, is his hair as curly as that of Negros? Is he really that fast a runner? Again compared to Negros who share the same diet and health standards? We all tend to compare ourselves with others rather than groups with groups. There is a reason that as nutrition and health equalise different racial groups are showing absolute dominance in different physical disciplines and susceptibility to different illnesses and diseases.

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"Interesting debate for mixed race children .... do these markers define which race they 'belong to' or do they? My son has curly hair and is a fast runner and a fast swimmer .... where does this put him? My point is, how useful is this in today's world?

There are relatively very few that could be classed as purely of a single tribe, people or even race. With the increase in population movement those numbers will decrease, and this is on the whole a good thing as it widens diversity in the gene-pool and seems to produce healthier offspring. However it has to be acknowledged that genetic physiological traits are the result of evolution driven by habitat and we ignore this at our peril (Example: Negros are susceptible to Sickle Cell Anemia, however it has been discovered that SCA gives protection against malaria, and is therefore a positive for those living in malaria zones).

AS for your son pepper, is his hair as curly as that of Negros? Is he really that fast a runner? Again compared to Negros who share the same diet and health standards? We all tend to compare ourselves with others rather than groups with groups. There is a reason that as nutrition and health equalise different racial groups are showing absolute dominance in different physical disciplines and susceptibility to different illnesses and diseases."

yes his hair is afro and was in the top ten sprint hurdlers in the UK before he chose another sporting career - he runs the fastest 1600 m in his current sporting cohort and he has been described as a 'fantastic athlete' by those in the know - his skin is very light though ...

moston

"yes his hair is afro and was in the top ten sprint hurdlers in the UK before he chose another sporting career - he runs the fastest 1600 m in his current sporting cohort and he has been described as a 'fantastic athlete' by those in the know - his skin is very light though ... "

Well I would guess that there are a lot of Negro genetic traits in his genome. Although (as far as I know) it is unusual for those with Negro genes to have light skin as the gene that give Caucasians pale skin is (like the one that gives blue eyes) recessive.

I have found the subject very interesting over the years I have been reading about it. I have also found that I have gravitated towards the differences between Negros (the oldest ethnic group, where we all trace our ancestry to), and Caucasians (the youngest and seemingly the most different ethnic group, with the most recessive genes).

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

"yes his hair is afro and was in the top ten sprint hurdlers in the UK before he chose another sporting career - he runs the fastest 1600 m in his current sporting cohort and he has been described as a 'fantastic athlete' by those in the know - his skin is very light though ...

Well I would guess that there are a lot of Negro genetic traits in his genome. Although (as far as I know) it is unusual for those with Negro genes to have light skin as the gene that give Caucasians pale skin is (like the one that gives blue eyes) recessive.

I have found the subject very interesting over the years I have been reading about it. I have also found that I have gravitated towards the differences between Negros (the oldest ethnic group, where we all trace our ancestry to), and Caucasians (the youngest and seemingly the most different ethnic group, with the most recessive genes). "

It's interesting to read the research I am sure, but man, many mixed race children these days have light skin and light eyes, for example green - first generation mixed too.

moston

"It's interesting to read the research I am sure, but man, many mixed race children these days have light skin and light eyes, for example green - first generation mixed too. "

Yep, your right, it is. And you are also right about mixed race children having light skin, hair and eyes. But again I would point out that what you call many is a subjective observation. The science says that over time Caucasians (as an ethnic group) will tend to become extinct.

» Add a new message to this topic