FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Jeremy Hunt says NHS does not need more money

Jeremy Hunt says NHS does not need more money

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ohnaron OP   Man  over a year ago

london

Hope you all feel better now.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think that the problem with the NHS is not one of funding but of management.

To be fair, and I don't wish to appear to be supporting or defending the Health secretary, simply throwing money at the NHS is not the answer, in my opinion, but let me put this into some kind of context.

The NHS needs to manage it's funding better.

Pharmaceutical companies also tend to take advantage of the fact that the NHS is state funded.

Allow me to explain this by means of a comparison with something I have some knowledge of.

My Dad used to work for a major motor manufacturer and he has told me that component suppliers were given specifications and a fixed unit price to meet.

I seem to recall someone within at one hospital mention that for every two hospital beds there were three admin staff - employed to manage resources etc in respect of those beds.

It seems to me that there needs to be a major shakedown.

The NHS is being run into the ground by rich folk who don't use or need it so that it can be shown to be failing and gain support for it being dismantled and sold off.

The NHS was never meant to make a profit and profit is the only language that the suits understand.

Hunt has done an amazing job of running it into the ground and managing to keep the media on side to support his poor management.

Up until the banks robbed the country the NHS was staying afloat (needed improvement but what doesn't) now it is screwed.

M

By *iamondjoeMan  over a year ago

Glastonbury

[Removed by poster at 30/11/16 21:02:01]

Glastonbury

"Hope you all feel better now."

(before the thread drowns in well-meaning, worthy and dull pixels: LOL)

"I think that the problem with the NHS is not one of funding but of management.

To be fair, and I don't wish to appear to be supporting or defending the Health secretary, simply throwing money at the NHS is not the answer, in my opinion, but let me put this into some kind of context.

Pharmaceutical companies also tend to take advantage of the fact that the NHS is state funded.

Allow me to explain this by means of a comparison with something I have some knowledge of.

My Dad used to work for a major motor manufacturer and he has told me that component suppliers were given specifications and a fixed unit price to meet.

I seem to recall someone within at one hospital mention that for every two hospital beds there were three admin staff - employed to manage resources etc in respect of those beds.

"

I personally do think that the NHS is underfunded. But I also think like you, that the NHS needs to be re-structured in terms of management. My mum especially thinks this having worked in the NHS since she was 22.

One thing that I think would help is if the NHS had full capacity resources to fund its own research and development into chemical and biological drugs - rather than buying several through companies. Many of whom simply re-brand drugs every 3-5 years so the NHS has to re-sign a new supply contract.

By *at69driveMan  over a year ago

Wisbech and A47 corridor

"Hope you all feel better now."
Sadly it is bit like putting money into a bottomless pit.

We could start by either training more Doctors or seeing do we need all the existing Doctors . Could some of the work currently being under taken by Doctors be done by nurses .? We should be training sufficient staff in order to avoid bringing in staff from abroad .

Everytime you use the NHS your id should be checked and if your are inelgible treatment should be refused . Health tourists cost the NHS up to £ 2 billion per annum yet Doctors seem reluctant to clamp down rigourously on it .

Should we charge for visits to the Doctors ?.

If people think that more should be spent on the NHS how much extra tax do they want to pay. ?

The labour government have left u s with very expensive PfI contracts .

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

It's all them fucking sick people, clogging up the system. If it wasn't for them, there wouldn't be any problems.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

FOR FUCK SAKE!

2009/10 the NHS had just under a 2 billion per annum pound surplus. In 2015/16 it was running a deficit of just under 1 billion per annum.

During that period the tories have cut NHS and local authority health spending by about 7 billion a year!

Efficiency savings = cuts! there are another £20 billion of them in the pipeline between now and 2020!

Just to be clear, there is a crisis in beds in the NHS that is causing a crisis in A&E admissions that is causing a crisis in the ambulance service.

The government answer to this is to close wards, close A&E units and cut funding to failing ambulance services, and the government are so corrupt that they call these cuts emergency measures for failing to meet standards!

By *oncupiscentTonyMan  over a year ago

Kent

"

We could start by either training more Doctors or seeing do we need all the existing Doctors . "

With the help of the Sun Hunt has done a sterling job of making the profession more attractive hasn't he!

" Could some of the work currently being under taken by Doctors be done by nurses .? "

No

"We should be training sufficient staff in order to avoid bringing in staff from abroad . "

I'm sure the abolition of the nursing bursary and introduction of nursing associates will do wonders, no seriously I really do...well it will have to as pretty much all my colleagues are looking to get out of the NHS

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Jesus fuck!

Of course he's going to say that - in order to sell it off with the least resistance, he's going to want to undermine public confidence in it.

Glastonbury

PMSL

The NHS possibly doesn't......if social care was properly funded, there would be far less demand on the NHS. The problem is that Social Care isn't properly funded.

The recent AnE debate has got me (reluctantly) also agreeing with Hunt [goes against the grain as he is possibly the worst health secretary we have ever had.....actually maybe not...Andy Burnham.]

The 4hourctarget should be for urgent cases only?..... If it isn't urgent....then wtf are you doing at AnE?

I've only been once in the last 20odd years......I broke my elbow playing football, diagnosed by a paramedic at the time who was gonna call ambulance.....I said no and drove myself there.

I was only there just over 2 hours, as it wasn't that busy.....but I reckon half the people there shouldn't have been. Slight cough, splinter in a finger, grazed knee......ffs folks...man up, sort yourselves out and stop wasting time.

There should be an ability for first contact/triage to just say to people...sod off and go to Tesco and buy a pack of plasters!

"The NHS possibly doesn't......if social care was properly funded, there would be far less demand on the NHS. The problem is that Social Care isn't properly funded.

The recent AnE debate has got me (reluctantly) also agreeing with Hunt [goes against the grain as he is possibly the worst health secretary we have ever had.....actually maybe not...Andy Burnham.]

The 4hourctarget should be for urgent cases only?..... If it isn't urgent....then wtf are you doing at AnE?

I've only been once in the last 20odd years......I broke my elbow playing football, diagnosed by a paramedic at the time who was gonna call ambulance.....I said no and drove myself there.

I was only there just over 2 hours, as it wasn't that busy.....but I reckon half the people there shouldn't have been. Slight cough, splinter in a finger, grazed knee......ffs folks...man up, sort yourselves out and stop wasting time.

There should be an ability for first contact/triage to just say to people...sod off and go to Tesco and buy a pack of plasters!"

This is a big problem !

Surely the walking centres should be a first stop before ppl can go too A&E ?

Ambulance cases are obviously prioritised by paramedics on route ?

Think a big problem is the fact that we now can keep people going for longer which is costing more and ever more expensive treatments to keep people alive is causing a massive drain on the finances ? But it's funny how when walking around hospitals there is loads of staff but very few who seem to treat ppl ?

Don't think there is a solution to this as money is not an endless commodity ?

Old people are living longer and cost too much to maintain. Put simply, under our current system they're a luxury we cannot afford. This is where we are now.

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

Anyone seen logans run ? How long before we are taking a pill at 70?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"Old people are living longer and cost too much to maintain. Put simply, under our current system they're a luxury we cannot afford. This is where we are now. "
Bullshit,why should the people who have paid in to the system not receive the benefit they have paid for ?

Cambridge

"Old people are living longer and cost too much to maintain. Put simply, under our current system they're a luxury we cannot afford. This is where we are now. Bullshit,why should the people who have paid in to the system not receive the benefit they have paid for ? "

Because they didnt pay their taxes for their care. The taxes they paid came for the old people at the time.

We have an aging demographic. To support that, we need more workers than pensioners. If we are going to dramatically reduce immigration just at the time the baby boomer generation are retiring, we are either going to have to pay a lot more tax, or a lot less pension, or make people work a lot longer.

"Old people are living longer and cost too much to maintain. Put simply, under our current system they're a luxury we cannot afford. This is where we are now. Bullshit,why should the people who have paid in to the system not receive the benefit they have paid for ? "
The over 65s will double by 2050.Whos going to pay for that.

lytham st.annes

"Old people are living longer and cost too much to maintain. Put simply, under our current system they're a luxury we cannot afford. This is where we are now. Bullshit,why should the people who have paid in to the system not receive the benefit they have paid for ?

Because they didnt pay their taxes for their care. The taxes they paid came for the old people at the time.

We have an aging demographic. To support that, we need more workers than pensioners. If we are going to dramatically reduce immigration just at the time the baby boomer generation are retiring, we are either going to have to pay a lot more tax, or a lot less pension, or make people work a lot longer. "

I didn't expect you to understand,when you begin to work at whatever age you do,you pay national insurance.It is a percentage of your income or if you are self-employed it is a set figure.You are required to pay this for30 yrs minimum to receive a state pension,it also helps pay for your HHS treatment if you require any,it does not pay for any social care.That is why they have paid in to the system and should receive the care they require when they need it

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"

A very good analysis

Cambridge

"Old people are living longer and cost too much to maintain. Put simply, under our current system they're a luxury we cannot afford. This is where we are now. Bullshit,why should the people who have paid in to the system not receive the benefit they have paid for ?

We have an aging demographic. To support that, we need more workers than pensioners. If we are going to dramatically reduce immigration just at the time the baby boomer generation are retiring, we are either going to have to pay a lot more tax, or a lot less pension, or make people work a lot longer. I didn't expect you to understand,when you begin to work at whatever age you do,you pay national insurance.It is a percentage of your income or if you are self-employed it is a set figure.You are required to pay this for30 yrs minimum to receive a state pension,it also helps pay for your HHS treatment if you require any,it does not pay for any social care.That is why they have paid in to the system and should receive the care they require when they need it "

And you believe that those taxes and NI contributions are essentially put in a bank account marked with your NI number and not spent until you need it? Rather than the taxes and NI contributions going towards the people who are sick or elderly today?

We have an aging demographic. To support that, we need more workers than pensioners. If we are going to dramatically reduce immigration just at the time the baby boomer generation are retiring, we are either going to have to pay a lot more tax, or a lot less pension, or make people work a lot longer. "

what do more workers become? Old people. You don't carry on drinking when you're already pissed in the hope that you'll sober up, you die. Population growth needs slowing down, do you really think high levels of immigration improve peoples lives in any way at all? There is too much waste in the NHS and too many people going to A&E who shouldn't be there. But if that can't be solved then there needs to be more taxation or maybe more private insurance with employer contributions or whatever. Immigration is completely the wrong answer, its just a pyramid or Ponzi scheme

Oh, and let people smoke in pubs again

lytham st.annes

We have an aging demographic. To support that, we need more workers than pensioners. If we are going to dramatically reduce immigration just at the time the baby boomer generation are retiring, we are either going to have to pay a lot more tax, or a lot less pension, or make people work a lot longer. I didn't expect you to understand,when you begin to work at whatever age you do,you pay national insurance.It is a percentage of your income or if you are self-employed it is a set figure.You are required to pay this for30 yrs minimum to receive a state pension,it also helps pay for your HHS treatment if you require any,it does not pay for any social care.That is why they have paid in to the system and should receive the care they require when they need it

And you believe that those taxes and NI contributions are essentially put in a bank account marked with your NI number and not spent until you need it? Rather than the taxes and NI contributions going towards the people who are sick or elderly today? "

That,s why I said I didn't expect you to understand,of course they don,t put your N I number on them. Of course our children pay into them and they will pay our pensions and hospital care but a lot of people don't use or need any,that's the way it has always worked,but like I said,I didn't expect you to understand and obviously you don't

Cambridge

We have an aging demographic. To support that, we need more workers than pensioners. If we are going to dramatically reduce immigration just at the time the baby boomer generation are retiring, we are either going to have to pay a lot more tax, or a lot less pension, or make people work a lot longer. I didn't expect you to understand,when you begin to work at whatever age you do,you pay national insurance.It is a percentage of your income or if you are self-employed it is a set figure.You are required to pay this for30 yrs minimum to receive a state pension,it also helps pay for your HHS treatment if you require any,it does not pay for any social care.That is why they have paid in to the system and should receive the care they require when they need it

And you believe that those taxes and NI contributions are essentially put in a bank account marked with your NI number and not spent until you need it? Rather than the taxes and NI contributions going towards the people who are sick or elderly today? That,s why I said I didn't expect you to understand,of course they don,t put your N I number on them. Of course our children pay into them and they will pay our pensions and hospital care but a lot of people don't use or need any,that's the way it has always worked,but like I said,I didn't expect you to understand and obviously you don't "

If the working population shrinks, and the pensionable population grows, the system will break. Surely thats simple enough for even you to understand?

How's this for a modern idea? Bring the school leaving age down to 16 so that those kids who aren't academic can go out and get a proper job and pay them at least minimum wage. Then you have people paying into the system longer and we have the numbers of workers available that supposedly only immigration can fill?

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"How's this for a modern idea? Bring the school leaving age down to 16 so that those kids who aren't academic can go out and get a proper job and pay them at least minimum wage. Then you have people paying into the system longer and we have the numbers of workers available that supposedly only immigration can fill?"

Ummmm. Hate to break it to you. But the school leaving age already is 16. If you chose to leave then you have to go into an apprenticeship with/for a 'proper job' as you put it.

-Matt

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

The NHS does a fantastic job...the people working in it deserve recognition.

"How's this for a modern idea? Bring the school leaving age down to 16 so that those kids who aren't academic can go out and get a proper job and pay them at least minimum wage. Then you have people paying into the system longer and we have the numbers of workers available that supposedly only immigration can fill?

Ummmm. Hate to break it to you. But the school leaving age already is 16. If you chose to leave then you have to go into an apprenticeship with/for a 'proper job' as you put it.

-Matt"

err hate to break it to you but you don't need an apprenticeship for all jobs

This nonsense about paying in your money in NI contributions is bullshit.A quick google will tell you the baby boomers paid in less than they will take out.Old folks are the elephant in the room.It's economics 101 that you need a young working population to pay for this old people time bomb.Ignore this and get ruined by tax and break the NHS.

Barbados

"How's this for a modern idea? Bring the school leaving age down to 16 so that those kids who aren't academic can go out and get a proper job and pay them at least minimum wage. Then you have people paying into the system longer and we have the numbers of workers available that supposedly only immigration can fill?

-Matt

err hate to break it to you but you don't need an apprenticeship for all jobs"

No. Exactly. So let's put some numbers down and see if your 'Modern' (Dickensian?) idea has some legs to it. Let's for argument's sake assume that encouraging an educated workforce is not a benefit to society and that we want to get more 16-18 year olds into work.

Feel free to dispute any of these numbers, or my working... this is back-of-the-envelope stuff.

There are 2 million 16-18 year olds in the country. Of those, 150,000 are not in full time education, employment or training (NEETs). So how many of these are we going to get to leave to go into work instead of an apprenticeship or education? 10%? 50%? Let's for argument's sake, say 30%:

2,000,000 * 0.3 = 600,000

So we have a GCSE-level 16/17 year old going into the workforce with no further training or education. So I'm guessing they will be on minimum wage. Which is £5.60 / hour for 18-24 year old. Lets apply that to these younger workers too. And lets assume they *all* end up in employment.

How long are they working? If you are under 18 you are not legally able to work over 40 hours per week. Let's go with that. So we have:

600,000 * £5.60 * 40 hours * 48 weeks = £6.45 Billion earned. I'm assuming we might give them 4 weeks off per year.

Sticking those per-person numbers into a wage/tax calculator (ie minimum wage for 40 hours a week) and you get:

Gross pay £11,648.00

Income tax £129.60

National Insurance £430.56

Net pay £11,087.84

So what is the total of all the NI and Income tax for out 600,000 new earners:

(£129.60 + £430.56) * 600,000 = £336 Million

Not a lot really.

Even if we were to assume VAT receipts on their entire Net pay (not reasonable, as food is zero rated, etc) then that would be:

(£129.60 + £430.56 + (£11087*0.2)) * 600,000 = £1.66 billion.

So I'd wager the real number would be somewhere less than 1 billion per annum. Or put into context about 0.03% of our GDP. So pretty much the square root of fuck all.

And, then a personal opinion on top of the maths: it is a drop in the ocean compared to the estimates of what Brexit will cost us. And for what, to lower the overall education and skills in our workforce.

*slow clap*

-Matt

-Matt

err hate to break it to you but you don't need an apprenticeship for all jobs

No. Exactly. So let's put some numbers down and see if your 'Modern' (Dickensian?) idea has some legs to it. Let's for argument's sake assume that encouraging an educated workforce is not a benefit to society and that we want to get more 16-18 year olds into work.

Feel free to dispute any of these numbers, or my working... this is back-of-the-envelope stuff.

There are 2 million 16-18 year olds in the country. Of those, 150,000 are not in full time education, employment or training (NEETs). So how many of these are we going to get to leave to go into work instead of an apprenticeship or education? 10%? 50%? Let's for argument's sake, say 30%:

2,000,000 * 0.3 = 600,000

So we have a GCSE-level 16/17 year old going into the workforce with no further training or education. So I'm guessing they will be on minimum wage. Which is £5.60 / hour for 18-24 year old. Lets apply that to these younger workers too. And lets assume they *all* end up in employment.

How long are they working? If you are under 18 you are not legally able to work over 40 hours per week. Let's go with that. So we have:

600,000 * £5.60 * 40 hours * 48 weeks = £6.45 Billion earned. I'm assuming we might give them 4 weeks off per year.

Sticking those per-person numbers into a wage/tax calculator (ie minimum wage for 40 hours a week) and you get:

Gross pay £11,648.00

Income tax £129.60

National Insurance £430.56

Net pay £11,087.84

So what is the total of all the NI and Income tax for out 600,000 new earners:

(£129.60 + £430.56) * 600,000 = £336 Million

Not a lot really.

Even if we were to assume VAT receipts on their entire Net pay (not reasonable, as food is zero rated, etc) then that would be:

(£129.60 + £430.56 + (£11087*0.2)) * 600,000 = £1.66 billion.

So I'd wager the real number would be somewhere less than 1 billion per annum. Or put into context about 0.03% of our GDP. So pretty much the square root of fuck all.

And, then a personal opinion on top of the maths: it is a drop in the ocean compared to the estimates of what Brexit will cost us. And for what, to lower the overall education and skills in our workforce.

*slow clap*

-Matt"

blimey you must be bored.

but if 600,000 provide the square root of fuck all, how does that compare with 300,000 immigrants, who are, I would dare to suggest, mainly on low pay and needing extra services?

Barbados

"

but if 600,000 provide the square root of fuck all, how does that compare with 300,000 immigrants, who are, I would dare to suggest, mainly on low pay and needing extra services?"

Not bored, just like intellectual exercise

And what if those immigrants are on low pay? I'd wager not all of them are. I'd wager that a good deal of them have skills, experience and education. If they didn't why would we have the 'polish plumber' stereotype? I've lost track of threads now... is this the NHS one? Aren't we talking about our inability to staff our health service from our own nationals and being thankful that there are a number of EU nationals working over here to ease the pressure? Or are you saying we give some 16 year old with a GCSE in biology as scalpel and a surgeons gown? That is one way of sorting out the ageing population!

-Matt

"

but if 600,000 provide the square root of fuck all, how does that compare with 300,000 immigrants, who are, I would dare to suggest, mainly on low pay and needing extra services?

Not bored, just like intellectual exercise

And what if those immigrants are on low pay? I'd wager not all of them are. I'd wager that a good deal of them have skills, experience and education. If they didn't why would we have the 'polish plumber' stereotype? I've lost track of threads now... is this the NHS one? Aren't we talking about our inability to staff our health service from our own nationals and being thankful that there are a number of EU nationals working over here to ease the pressure? Or are you saying we give some 16 year old with a GCSE in biology as scalpel and a surgeons gown? That is one way of sorting out the ageing population!

-Matt

"

I think the point I was trying to make was that the way to improve the health service is not by simply bringing more people/workers (future old people) into the country

moston

Just a little statistic I heard yesterday...

In the last 30 years the number of beds in the NHS has been halved while admissions have doubled.

Does anyone think that this may explain why there are no beds for patients and they are on trolleys in corridors, why waiting times in A&E are being missed and why emergency ambulances are not able to unload patients at A&E and are being used as patient storage units more and more?

Does anyone actually believe a word the tories say about the NHS being safe in their hands?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Just a little statistic I heard yesterday...

In the last 30 years the number of beds in the NHS has been halved while admissions have doubled.

Does anyone think that this may explain why there are no beds for patients and they are on trolleys in corridors, why waiting times in A&E are being missed and why emergency ambulances are not able to unload patients at A&E and are being used as patient storage units more and more?

Does anyone actually believe a word the tories say about the NHS being safe in their hands?"

Weren't Labour in charge from 1997 until 2010?

lytham st.annes

I have a problem concerning high blood pressure,I have had 8 strokes since March2016,but enough of my problems,I was admitted to A&E,my doctor,who was of foreign descent had to google stroke to try and help me,I ended up telling him about strokes and then he said " I will have to get another doctor" that should tell you all you need to know about the problems about our NHS.

Cambridge

"I have a problem concerning high blood pressure,I have had 8 strokes since March2016,but enough of my problems,I was admitted to A&E,my doctor,who was of foreign descent had to google stroke to try and help me,I ended up telling him about strokes and then he said " I will have to get another doctor" that should tell you all you need to know about the problems about our NHS."

Why mention he was of "foreign descent"?

lytham st.annes

"I have a problem concerning high blood pressure,I have had 8 strokes since March2016,but enough of my problems,I was admitted to A&E,my doctor,who was of foreign descent had to google stroke to try and help me,I ended up telling him about strokes and then he said " I will have to get another doctor" that should tell you all you need to know about the problems about our NHS.

Why mention he was of "foreign descent"?"

Because that is the problem,he could not do the job he was paid for

Cambridge

"I have a problem concerning high blood pressure,I have had 8 strokes since March2016,but enough of my problems,I was admitted to A&E,my doctor,who was of foreign descent had to google stroke to try and help me,I ended up telling him about strokes and then he said " I will have to get another doctor" that should tell you all you need to know about the problems about our NHS.

Why mention he was of "foreign descent"?Because that is the problem,he could not do the job he was paid for"

Right.... I don't see how where his parents or grandparents may have been born would impact on his ability to do his job from what you have written.

Cambridge

The immigration minister is saying that employers might have to pay £1,000 each year to the government as a penalty of hiring an EU worker. As the are 55,000 EU workers in the nhs, that will suck another £55m out of the nhs each year.

lytham st.annes

Why mention he was of "foreign descent"?Because that is the problem,he could not do the job he was paid for

Right.... I don't see how where his parents or grandparents may have been born would impact on his ability to do his job from what you have written. "

That was the problem,he nor his parents were born here but what has that to do with him being able to do his job,nice try on spin though

Cambridge

Why mention he was of "foreign descent"?Because that is the problem,he could not do the job he was paid for

Right.... I don't see how where his parents or grandparents may have been born would impact on his ability to do his job from what you have written. That was the problem,he nor his parents were born here but what has that to do with him being able to do his job,nice try on spin though "

You are the one who mentioned it.

Barbados

Right.... I don't see how where his parents or grandparents may have been born would impact on his ability to do his job from what you have written. That was the problem,he nor his parents were born here but what has that to do with him being able to do his job,nice try on spin though "

What spin? You said that being of foreign descent was the problem with him being able to do his job properly. What of his ancestry bears on his ability to do his job?

-Matt

moston

"Weren't Labour in charge from 1997 until 2010?"

Ah the standard reply. So for 13 of 30 years there was a torylite government masquerading as a Labour (socialist) government so you can ignore 17 years of tories running down the NHS.

lytham st.annes

Right.... I don't see how where his parents or grandparents may have been born would impact on his ability to do his job from what you have written. That was the problem,he nor his parents were born here but what has that to do with him being able to do his job,nice try on spin though

What spin? You said that being of foreign descent was the problem with him being able to do his job properly. What of his ancestry bears on his ability to do his job?

-Matt"

Ask CLCC ,they asked the question not me

Barbados

Right.... I don't see how where his parents or grandparents may have been born would impact on his ability to do his job from what you have written. That was the problem,he nor his parents were born here but what has that to do with him being able to do his job,nice try on spin though

-MattAsk CLCC ,they asked the question not me "

No. In response to "Why mention he was of "foreign descent"?" you replied "Because that is the problem,he could not do the job he was paid for".

So either you mis-worded something, intending to reply to a different point, or you believe that his ancestry has a bearing on his ability to do his job. Which is it?

-Matt

Grantham

"Weren't Labour in charge from 1997 until 2010?

Ah the standard reply. So for 13 of 30 years there was a torylite government masquerading as a Labour (socialist) government so you can ignore 17 years of tories running down the NHS."

Nice bodyswerve!

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"

Great, so you kind of remember someone in a hospital telling you they had a lot of admin staff, therefore the NHS doesn't need any money.

Meanwhile doctors and medical personnel are saying they are chronically understaffed and underfunded. They are reporting serious dangers to patients.

The government doesn't want to listen to them because they don't want to spend money on the NHS because Tories. There's no reason for the rest of us to ignore the people who actually work in the NHS.

-MattAsk CLCC ,they asked the question not me

No. In response to "Why mention he was of "foreign descent"?" you replied "Because that is the problem,he could not do the job he was paid for".

So either you mis-worded something, intending to reply to a different point, or you believe that his ancestry has a bearing on his ability to do his job. Which is it?

-Matt"

I think he may be saying that the doctor possibly could not understand english very well as he was of foreign descent and had to resort to google !!!!

lytham st.annes

-Matt

I think he may be saying that the doctor possibly could not understand english very well as he was of foreign descent and had to resort to google !!!! "

No Matt,he was a doctor,who was not English,he had to google stroke,I then told him more about stroke than he knew,my problem was he had doctor and his name on the coat he was wearing ,but he did not know what a stroke was,hence he used google and then said he would get someone else to attend to me.He was getting paid for something he could not do, that was the problem,I said he was of foreign descent,CLCC asked why did I need to say of"foreign descent" and then asked about his parents,I said it did not matter about his parents,he could not do the job he was being paid to do,that was my problem nothing else,hope that clears it up

moston

Ah the standard reply. So for 13 of 30 years there was a torylite government masquerading as a Labour (socialist) government so you can ignore 17 years of tories running down the NHS.

Nice bodyswerve!"

Not a body swerve at all!

But again a typical answer when you have none.

Effectively your counter to in the last 30 years beds have been cut by half while admissions have doubled is for 13 of those years Blair (a man you believe should be in prison for war crimes was in charge) so that somehow makes it OK for Tories to continue to dismantle the NHS. When I point out that there were 17 years when Tories set the agenda then you dismiss that by saying 'nice body swerve'.

I am not usually vindictive, but considering the attitude you have just displayed I hope that in the very near future you are in need of emergency medical treatment for something extremely painful but non life threatening. So have the pleasure of waiting hours for an ambulance that then is used as a mobile warehouse for a few more hours outside a full A&E where you get to spend more hours in a cubical waiting for triage before a 24 hour wait in a corridor for a bed. I also hope all the time you are in great discomfort and cant get this exchange out of your head!

Grantham

Ah the standard reply. So for 13 of 30 years there was a torylite government masquerading as a Labour (socialist) government so you can ignore 17 years of tories running down the NHS

Nice bodyswerve!

Effectively your counter to in the last 30 years beds have been cut by half while admissions have doubled is for 13 of those years Blair (a man you believe should be in prison for war crimes was in charge) so that somehow makes it OK for Tories to continue to dismantle the NHS. When I point out that there were 17 years when Tories set the agenda then you dismiss that by saying 'nice body swerve'.

I am not usually vindictive, but considering the attitude you have just displayed I hope that in the very near future you are in need of emergency medical treatment for something extremely painful but non life threatening. So have the pleasure of waiting hours for an ambulance that then is used as a mobile warehouse for a few more hours outside a full A&E where you get to spend more hours in a cubical waiting for triage before a 24 hour wait in a corridor for a bed. I also hope all the time you are in great discomfort and cant get this exchange out of your head! "

I'll remember that when I'm on another march in support of our local A and E, when I'm taking a friend to hospital for another appointment to try and save her infected foot and even when I'm just taking cakes down to my house mate and her A and E colleagues.

But then I feel lucky to live in a democracy, one where most rejected your ideas at the last election and one where I feel fortunate to work hard and contribute.

Whatever you want to call it, Labour were in charge for 43% of the 30 years you originally quoted.

Cambridge

-Matt

I think he may be saying that the doctor possibly could not understand english very well as he was of foreign descent and had to resort to google !!!! No Matt,he was a doctor,who was not English,he had to google stroke,I then told him more about stroke than he knew,my problem was he had doctor and his name on the coat he was wearing ,but he did not know what a stroke was,hence he used google and then said he would get someone else to attend to me.He was getting paid for something he could not do, that was the problem,I said he was of foreign descent,CLCC asked why did I need to say of"foreign descent" and then asked about his parents,I said it did not matter about his parents,he could not do the job he was being paid to do,that was my problem nothing else,hope that clears it up "

But you are anti-expert anyway, and if what you say is true and you know more about strokes than Drs, why did you even bother going to the hospital? Why didn't you just ask your friend down the pub for his opinion on treatment options? His opinion is just as valid, right?

Cambridge

Ah the standard reply. So for 13 of 30 years there was a torylite government masquerading as a Labour (socialist) government so you can ignore 17 years of tories running down the NHS

Nice bodyswerve!

I am not usually vindictive, but considering the attitude you have just displayed I hope that in the very near future you are in need of emergency medical treatment for something extremely painful but non life threatening. So have the pleasure of waiting hours for an ambulance that then is used as a mobile warehouse for a few more hours outside a full A&E where you get to spend more hours in a cubical waiting for triage before a 24 hour wait in a corridor for a bed. I also hope all the time you are in great discomfort and cant get this exchange out of your head!

I'll remember that when I'm on another march in support of our local A and E, when I'm taking a friend to hospital for another appointment to try and save her infected foot and even when I'm just taking cakes down to my house mate and her A and E colleagues.

But then I feel lucky to live in a democracy, one where most rejected your ideas at the last election and one where I feel fortunate to work hard and contribute.

Whatever you want to call it, Labour were in charge for 43% of the 30 years you originally quoted.

"

According to the Daily Politics show today, the Conservatives are planning on closing 1/3 of all UK hospital beds.

-Matt

I think he may be saying that the doctor possibly could not understand english very well as he was of foreign descent and had to resort to google !!!! No Matt,he was a doctor,who was not English,he had to google stroke,I then told him more about stroke than he knew,my problem was he had doctor and his name on the coat he was wearing ,but he did not know what a stroke was,hence he used google and then said he would get someone else to attend to me.He was getting paid for something he could not do, that was the problem,I said he was of foreign descent,CLCC asked why did I need to say of"foreign descent" and then asked about his parents,I said it did not matter about his parents,he could not do the job he was being paid to do,that was my problem nothing else,hope that clears it up "

So if we get rid of all the foreigners in the NHS it will be better.? My guess is it would collapse without foreign nurses and doctors and auxiliary staff.

moston

"According to the Daily Politics show today, the Conservatives are planning on closing 1/3 of all UK hospital beds."

But that's OK because labour were in charge for 43% of the last 30 years when beds were cut by half...

After all in 2020 it will mean that labour will still have been in charge for 13 years since the cuts started, so its nothing to do with the fascists in the tory party.

Nice bodyswerve!

According to the Daily Politics show today, the Conservatives are planning on closing 1/3 of all UK hospital beds."

Well considering we know there are more hopital beds needed than ever before I just dont see how that is going to be possible

I am not saying the politics show is incorrect but it stands to reason that this cannot happen

And if it was to happen I think the reaction would be along the lines of the poll tax rebellion

We need more beds as the population is getting older and its our parents and grand parents who need the beds

I for one would not stand idle if more beds where closed

lytham st.annes

-Matt

I think he may be saying that the doctor possibly could not understand english very well as he was of foreign descent and had to resort to google !!!! No Matt,he was a doctor,who was not English,he had to google stroke,I then told him more about stroke than he knew,my problem was he had doctor and his name on the coat he was wearing ,but he did not know what a stroke was,hence he used google and then said he would get someone else to attend to me.He was getting paid for something he could not do, that was the problem,I said he was of foreign descent,CLCC asked why did I need to say of"foreign descent" and then asked about his parents,I said it did not matter about his parents,he could not do the job he was being paid to do,that was my problem nothing else,hope that clears it up

But you are anti-expert anyway, and if what you say is true and you know more about strokes than Drs, why did you even bother going to the hospital? Why didn't you just ask your friend down the pub for his opinion on treatment options? His opinion is just as valid, right? "

CLCC,how do you know I,m anti-expert,because I voted out ,where do you get your assumptions from,out of thin air.He was getting paid as a doctor but could not do the doctors job,he had to get someone else to do the jobHE was getting paid for if you do not understand that hard fucking luck

Cambridge

-Matt

I think he may be saying that the doctor possibly could not understand english very well as he was of foreign descent and had to resort to google !!!! No Matt,he was a doctor,who was not English,he had to google stroke,I then told him more about stroke than he knew,my problem was he had doctor and his name on the coat he was wearing ,but he did not know what a stroke was,hence he used google and then said he would get someone else to attend to me.He was getting paid for something he could not do, that was the problem,I said he was of foreign descent,CLCC asked why did I need to say of"foreign descent" and then asked about his parents,I said it did not matter about his parents,he could not do the job he was being paid to do,that was my problem nothing else,hope that clears it up

But you are anti-expert anyway, and if what you say is true and you know more about strokes than Drs, why did you even bother going to the hospital? Why didn't you just ask your friend down the pub for his opinion on treatment options? His opinion is just as valid, right? CLCC,how do you know I,m anti-expert,because I voted out ,where do you get your assumptions from,out of thin air.He was getting paid as a doctor but could not do the doctors job,he had to get someone else to do the jobHE was getting paid for if you do not understand that hard fucking luck "

Well you did ignore them all when you cast your vote didn’t you?

lytham st.annes

-Matt

But you are anti-expert anyway, and if what you say is true and you know more about strokes than Drs, why did you even bother going to the hospital? Why didn't you just ask your friend down the pub for his opinion on treatment options? His opinion is just as valid, right? CLCC,how do you know I,m anti-expert,because I voted out ,where do you get your assumptions from,out of thin air.He was getting paid as a doctor but could not do the doctors job,he had to get someone else to do the jobHE was getting paid for if you do not understand that hard fucking luck

Well you did ignore them all when you cast your vote didn’t you?"

No I listened to people who told me the truth,but keep up with your twisted lies and accusations Good night and get lost you pair of imbeciles

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

The NHS was just fixed by the Tories a few years ago. They reorganised it. I believe it cost about £3bn. It's fine. Morale is high. The care system (part of the health service but council funded) has not been slashed. Councils aren't being bribed to keep their council tax increases to a minimum so that they end up cutting services. It's really, really easy to get a GP appointment too.

We could make it better still and reorganise it again because that's just what the medical staff need.

We are post truth, so we may as well embrace it.

Cambridge

-Matt

But you are anti-expert anyway, and if what you say is true and you know more about strokes than Drs, why did you even bother going to the hospital? Why didn't you just ask your friend down the pub for his opinion on treatment options? His opinion is just as valid, right? CLCC,how do you know I,m anti-expert,because I voted out ,where do you get your assumptions from,out of thin air.He was getting paid as a doctor but could not do the doctors job,he had to get someone else to do the jobHE was getting paid for if you do not understand that hard fucking luck

Well you did ignore them all when you cast your vote didn’t you?No I listened to people who told me the truth,but keep up with your twisted lies and accusations Good night and get lost you pair of imbeciles "

If you speak to people in the real world like you speak to people on here, perhaps the original Dr was more than capable of treating you, but just refused to do so.

lytham st.annes

-Matt

Well you did ignore them all when you cast your vote didn’t you?No I listened to people who told me the truth,but keep up with your twisted lies and accusations Good night and get lost you pair of imbeciles

If you speak to people in the real world like you speak to people on here, perhaps the original Dr was more than capable of treating you, but just refused to do so. "

More lies to your argument,you weren't there I was,he couldn't help a person who had a stroke,he had to google "stroke" but had " doctor" on his coat along with his name.He was getting paid for something he wasn't but who,s at fault,him for scamming the NHS or the N HS for employing him,that is the problem with the NHS.I have a friend who lived in Cambridge who has now moved because in his words " too many people with very little knowledge and too much to say" Good day thickos

West London

Stop for a moment and think.

The NHS is the biggest employer in the country and touches more people's lives directly or indirectly than almost any other.

People's individual experience is their reality OF THAT PARTICULAR EVENT OVER THAT PARTICULAR PERIOD. It is completely inappropriate to generalise and extrapolate it over the entire organisation. That is why you have to look at the overall measurable data and take an overview of sentiment.

Your life is your own world NOT everyone else's.

By *hree steps to heavenMan  over a year ago

Saint Albans

-Matt

Well you did ignore them all when you cast your vote didn’t you?No I listened to people who told me the truth,but keep up with your twisted lies and accusations Good night and get lost you pair of imbeciles

If you speak to people in the real world like you speak to people on here, perhaps the original Dr was more than capable of treating you, but just refused to do so. More lies to your argument,you weren't there I was,he couldn't help a person who had a stroke,he had to google "stroke" but had " doctor" on his coat along with his name.He was getting paid for something he wasn't but who,s at fault,him for scamming the NHS or the N HS for employing him,that is the problem with the NHS.I have a friend who lived in Cambridge who has now moved because in his words " too many people with very little knowledge and too much to say" Good day thickos"

Hi. An interesting post . Sadly some people refuse to address the issues that importing foreign labour brings . There are people that would even refuse you permission to discuss the issues concerned . The lack of knowledge displayed by the Doctor in your case is alarming . Thanks for bringing it is our attention .

Cambridge

-Matt

If you speak to people in the real world like you speak to people on here, perhaps the original Dr was more than capable of treating you, but just refused to do so. More lies to your argument,you weren't there I was,he couldn't help a person who had a stroke,he had to google "stroke" but had " doctor" on his coat along with his name.He was getting paid for something he wasn't but who,s at fault,him for scamming the NHS or the N HS for employing him,that is the problem with the NHS.I have a friend who lived in Cambridge who has now moved because in his words " too many people with very little knowledge and too much to say" Good day thickos"

Your arguement is going really well when you start calling people thickos as well as criticising a whole city of people

lytham st.annes

-Matt

If you speak to people in the real world like you speak to people on here, perhaps the original Dr was more than capable of treating you, but just refused to do so. More lies to your argument,you weren't there I was,he couldn't help a person who had a stroke,he had to google "stroke" but had " doctor" on his coat along with his name.He was getting paid for something he wasn't but who,s at fault,him for scamming the NHS or the N HS for employing him,that is the problem with the NHS.I have a friend who lived in Cambridge who has now moved because in his words " too many people with very little knowledge and too much to say" Good day thickos

Your arguement is going really well when you start calling people thickos as well as criticising a whole city of people "

The only people I criticised are you,twice you have tried to call me out because I voted out,twice I corrected you on it.It was not me who criticised Cambridge,it was my friend,but after reading your posts I am inclined to agree with him as for thickos,that was mine because I really think you are.I don't want to argue with you CLCC but by responding each time I feel it is my right to correct you,once again good day

-Matt

If you speak to people in the real world like you speak to people on here, perhaps the original Dr was more than capable of treating you, but just refused to do so. More lies to your argument,you weren't there I was,he couldn't help a person who had a stroke,he had to google "stroke" but had " doctor" on his coat along with his name.He was getting paid for something he wasn't but who,s at fault,him for scamming the NHS or the N HS for employing him,that is the problem with the NHS.I have a friend who lived in Cambridge who has now moved because in his words " too many people with very little knowledge and too much to say" Good day thickos

Your arguement is going really well when you start calling people thickos as well as criticising a whole city of people The only people I criticised are you,twice you have tried to call me out because I voted out,twice I corrected you on it.It was not me who criticised Cambridge,it was my friend,but after reading your posts I am inclined to agree with him as for thickos,that was mine because I really think you are.I don't want to argue with you CLCC but by responding each time I feel it is my right to correct you,once again good day "

I am starting to think you made up this story of a foreign doctor who didn't know what a stroke was.To push some anti foreigner nonsense.Post truth age, it wouldnt surprise me.

lytham st.annes

-Matt

Your arguement is going really well when you start calling people thickos as well as criticising a whole city of people The only people I criticised are you,twice you have tried to call me out because I voted out,twice I corrected you on it.It was not me who criticised Cambridge,it was my friend,but after reading your posts I am inclined to agree with him as for thickos,that was mine because I really think you are.I don't want to argue with you CLCC but by responding each time I feel it is my right to correct you,once again good day I am starting to think you made up this story of a foreign doctor who didn't know what a stroke was.To push some anti foreigner nonsense.Post truth age, it wouldnt surprise me."

Are you deluded Bonita boy ?

lytham st.annes

Bobangs boy

Cambridge

"I am starting to think you made up this story of a foreign doctor who didn't know what a stroke was.To push some anti foreigner nonsense.Post truth age, it wouldnt surprise me."

You're not the only one. I don't believe you would last very long as a Dr if you were just pretending, and actually had so little medical knowledge you had never heard of a stroke.

lytham st.annes

"I am starting to think you made up this story of a foreign doctor who didn't know what a stroke was.To push some anti foreigner nonsense.Post truth age, it wouldnt surprise me.

You're not the only one. I don't believe you would last very long as a Dr if you were just pretending, and actually had so little medical knowledge you had never heard of a stroke."

Why would i make a story up,once again you have been defeated CLCC,so you and bobangs resort to calling me a liar,do you want to see my medical records or are you two in cohesion with each other and sending each other messages about me,do one the pair of you,you really are as deluded as David Cameron and George Osborne

Cambridge

"I am starting to think you made up this story of a foreign doctor who didn't know what a stroke was.To push some anti foreigner nonsense.Post truth age, it wouldnt surprise me.

You're not the only one. I don't believe you would last very long as a Dr if you were just pretending, and actually had so little medical knowledge you had never heard of a stroke.Why would i make a story up,once again you have been defeated CLCC,so you and bobangs resort to calling me a liar,do you want to see my medical records or are you two in cohesion with each other and sending each other messages about me,do one the pair of you,you really are as deluded as David Cameron and George Osborne "

How have I been defeated? No we haven't been in "cohesion" with each other, or even collusion with each other. You know, you sound a little paranoid? Why would you make up a story like that? Perhaps because it furthers you agenda?

lytham st.annes

You're not the only one. I don't believe you would last very long as a Dr if you were just pretending, and actually had so little medical knowledge you had never heard of a stroke.Why would i make a story up,once again you have been defeated CLCC,so you and bobangs resort to calling me a liar,do you want to see my medical records or are you two in cohesion with each other and sending each other messages about me,do one the pair of you,you really are as deluded as David Cameron and George Osborne

How have I been defeated? No we haven't been in "cohesion" with each other, or even collusion with each other. You know, you sound a little paranoid? Why would you make up a story like that? Perhaps because it furthers you agenda? "

what agenda ?

lytham st.annes

More tales from Hans Christian CLCC

Cambridge

"More tales from Hans Christian CLCC"

But you're the one making up stories

lytham st.annes

"More tales from Hans Christian CLCC

But you're the one making up stories "

Let me correct you once again,my story,I was taken to A &E with a suspected stroke,the ambulance team confirmed a stroke.The gentleman who attended me had "Doctor" along with his name on his coat/jacket/tunic,it is important I tell you this because you are thick.He asked me some questions which I answered and said he thinks I have had a stroke and then went quiet,after a brief period of silence,I turned round to see he had googled " stroke".I then proceeded to tell him more about strokes than he knew and he said" I will have to get a doctor to attend to you"Your story,I am anti EU,do not listen to people who try to predict the future( youthick people call them experts) I am racist and shout at or cannot speak to doctors correctly ,hate Cambridge ( my friends words not mine) I am also a doctor,who could diagnose his self,am a iiar who has made all of this up.I have no way of proving any of this happened but with my father,4sisters and 3 children and all the staff on the stroke ward at Blackpool Victoria hospital will try to get all the details to you but I don,t think any of them will be happy to appear on here,or you could send me your address and I will post you my medical records for the last 12 months,my first stroke was in March of last year,I hope you continue to have a long and prosperous career in the fairy tale market Hans Christian CLCC ,have a good day

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

You're not the only one. I don't believe you would last very long as a Dr if you were just pretending, and actually had so little medical knowledge you had never heard of a stroke.Why would i make a story up,once again you have been defeated CLCC,so you and bobangs resort to calling me a liar,do you want to see my medical records or are you two in cohesion with each other and sending each other messages about me,do one the pair of you,you really are as deluded as David Cameron and George Osborne "

Dr's use the internet to look up drugs, conditions etc...its just another tool. Patients who have had a health event or long term condition and can speak etc are the expert on "their" condition.

lytham st.annes

You're not the only one. I don't believe you would last very long as a Dr if you were just pretending, and actually had so little medical knowledge you had never heard of a stroke.Why would i make a story up,once again you have been defeated CLCC,so you and bobangs resort to calling me a liar,do you want to see my medical records or are you two in cohesion with each other and sending each other messages about me,do one the pair of you,you really are as deluded as David Cameron and George Osborne

Dr's use the internet to look up drugs, conditions etc...its just another tool. Patients who have had a health event or long term condition and can speak etc are the expert on "their" condition.

"

I don,t know wether to say thank you or not,but he could not help me,so advised me that he would get a " doctor" to help me.The staff and nurses at the hospital have been fantastic .

Cambridge

But you're the one making up stories Let me correct you once again,my story,I was taken to A &E with a suspected stroke,the ambulance team confirmed a stroke.The gentleman who attended me had "Doctor" along with his name on his coat/jacket/tunic,it is important I tell you this because you are thick.He asked me some questions which I answered and said he thinks I have had a stroke and then went quiet,after a brief period of silence,I turned round to see he had googled " stroke".I then proceeded to tell him more about strokes than he knew and he said" I will have to get a doctor to attend to you"Your story,I am anti EU,do not listen to people who try to predict the future( youthick people call them experts) I am racist and shout at or cannot speak to doctors correctly ,hate Cambridge ( my friends words not mine) I am also a doctor,who could diagnose his self,am a iiar who has made all of this up.I have no way of proving any of this happened but with my father,4sisters and 3 children and all the staff on the stroke ward at Blackpool Victoria hospital will try to get all the details to you but I don,t think any of them will be happy to appear on here,or you could send me your address and I will post you my medical records for the last 12 months,my first stroke was in March of last year,I hope you continue to have a long and prosperous career in the fairy tale market Hans Christian CLCC ,have a good day "

So what did you do about it? I'm sure that you made a full and formal written complaint to the hospital, right? I mean only a complete moron would believe that there was someone untrained and unqualified masquerading as a Dr, and not do everything in their power to officially report it, you know to protect other patients. So what was the result of the hospital's investigation? Was he exposed as a fraud and sacked? Was it in the local or national press?

lytham st.annes

But you're the one making up stories Let me correct you once again,my story,I was taken to A &E with a suspected stroke,the ambulance team confirmed a stroke.The gentleman who attended me had "Doctor" along with his name on his coat/jacket/tunic,it is important I tell you this because you are thick.He asked me some questions which I answered and said he thinks I have had a stroke and then went quiet,after a brief period of silence,I turned round to see he had googled " stroke".I then proceeded to tell him more about strokes than he knew and he said" I will have to get a doctor to attend to you"Your story,I am anti EU,do not listen to people who try to predict the future( youthick people call them experts) I am racist and shout at or cannot speak to doctors correctly ,hate Cambridge ( my friends words not mine) I am also a doctor,who could diagnose his self,am a iiar who has made all of this up.I have no way of proving any of this happened but with my father,4sisters and 3 children and all the staff on the stroke ward at Blackpool Victoria hospital will try to get all the details to you but I don,t think any of them will be happy to appear on here,or you could send me your address and I will post you my medical records for the last 12 months,my first stroke was in March of last year,I hope you continue to have a long and prosperous career in the fairy tale market Hans Christian CLCC ,have a good day

So what did you do about it? I'm sure that you made a full and formal written complaint to the hospital, right? I mean only a complete moron would believe that there was someone untrained and unqualified masquerading as a Dr, and not do everything in their power to officially report it, you know to protect other patients. So what was the result of the hospital's investigation? Was he exposed as a fraud and sacked? Was it in the local or national press? "

Yet you haven't replied to my accusations of your lying,I wonder why?Is because they are true,blinkered views spring to mind,Good day

lytham st.annes

But you're the one making up stories Let me correct you once again,my story,I was taken to A &E with a suspected stroke,the ambulance team confirmed a stroke.The gentleman who attended me had "Doctor" along with his name on his coat/jacket/tunic,it is important I tell you this because you are thick.He asked me some questions which I answered and said he thinks I have had a stroke and then went quiet,after a brief period of silence,I turned round to see he had googled " stroke".I then proceeded to tell him more about strokes than he knew and he said" I will have to get a doctor to attend to you"Your story,I am anti EU,do not listen to people who try to predict the future( youthick people call them experts) I am racist and shout at or cannot speak to doctors correctly ,hate Cambridge ( my friends words not mine) I am also a doctor,who could diagnose his self,am a iiar who has made all of this up.I have no way of proving any of this happened but with my father,4sisters and 3 children and all the staff on the stroke ward at Blackpool Victoria hospital will try to get all the details to you but I don,t think any of them will be happy to appear on here,or you could send me your address and I will post you my medical records for the last 12 months,my first stroke was in March of last year,I hope you continue to have a long and prosperous career in the fairy tale market Hans Christian CLCC ,have a good day

So what did you do about it? I'm sure that you made a full and formal written complaint to the hospital, right? I mean only a complete moron would believe that there was someone untrained and unqualified masquerading as a Dr, and not do everything in their power to officially report it, you know to protect other patients. So what was the result of the hospital's investigation? Was he exposed as a fraud and sacked? Was it in the local or national press? "

Yet you haven't replied to my accusations of your lying,I wonder why?Is because they are true,blinkered views spring to mind,Good day

lytham st.annes

Keep digging,hole seems to be getting bigger

I'm not surprised that an overseas trained doctor doesn't know what a stroke is. It's an old medical term like dropsy or consumption used mainly in the UK, but more correctly known as a CVA. Sadly, it does highlight the lack of knowledge of UK specific terminology amongst foreign-trained medical staff who used to have to take an NHS conversion course before being let loose on the British public. This was stopped by the war criminal, Tony Blair.

[Removed by poster at 15/01/17 14:29:32]

The nurse bank seemed a good idea in principal but in reality it just meant the same poeple doing a fifty hour week or more,and when immdeiate need for extra staff came up , not even the offer of overtime could drum up reg staff as tey were too shagged to be able to ,so the agency bill carried on rising inexorably, where i worked in acute psychiatry the monthly agency bill was 100 k a month.in 2003. The point about social care shortfall blocking beds or carer skills shortage or suitability, plus the considerable exploitation by care providers in refusing to pay for travelling expenses , and budgetting insufficient time for adequate care to be properly provided means , relatives carrying the extra burden( .imagine full time work,and caring for an under school age infant , feeding changing toiletting not just after a full day but through the night too, youl get a flavour, . And yet we expect calling it big society will make that burden of care laden with unreasonable expectation and resulting depression . ( for the relative. ) A&E is pressurised by bed management, ,abused by the users,, who cant seem to grasp its for poorly people in an emergency, not pissed up adolescents expecting mummy to make it all better .im ashamed to say blair set this course,,brown didnt change it, milliband couldnt have given a fuck and cameron sealed the coffin. Meanwhile just check the adds flooding social media for affordable healthcare, ,life insurance and, the clamour for 7 day a week appts,ffs, staffed by who ?

G P s and Thier Receptionists are the Real Problem !

Over Paid and Under Worked !

The Hospitals are doing half Thier work for them !

lytham st.annes

"I'm not surprised that an overseas trained doctor doesn't know what a stroke is. It's an old medical term like dropsy or consumption used mainly in the UK, but more correctly known as a CVA. Sadly, it does highlight the lack of knowledge of UK specific terminology amongst foreign-trained medical staff who used to have to take an NHS conversion course before being let loose on the British public. This was stopped by the war criminal, Tony Blair.

"

But who is to blame,the NHS for employing him or him for scamming the NHS

Cambridge

"I'm not surprised that an overseas trained doctor doesn't know what a stroke is. It's an old medical term like dropsy or consumption used mainly in the UK, but more correctly known as a CVA. Sadly, it does highlight the lack of knowledge of UK specific terminology amongst foreign-trained medical staff who used to have to take an NHS conversion course before being let loose on the British public. This was stopped by the war criminal, Tony Blair.

But who is to blame,the NHS for employing him or him for scamming the NHS "

But you obviously reported him right? For being untrained and unqualified, right? I mean you would have let him just carry on practicing medicine would you? You would have been worried about patient safety and make a full and formal complaint surely?

Cambridge

"G P s and Thier Receptionists are the Real Problem !

The Hospitals are doing half Thier work for them ! "

I think its the ambulances. I mean if they didn't keep on bringing so many sick people to A&E we wouldn't be in this state!

I think its the ambulances. I mean if they didn't keep on bringing so many sick people to A&E we wouldn't be in this state! "

Hmmmm I know let's Privatise Ambulances and then Know one will get to Hospital so they won't be Full Anymore

Cambridge

I think its the ambulances. I mean if they didn't keep on bringing so many sick people to A&E we wouldn't be in this state!

Hmmmm I know let's Privatise Ambulances and then Know one will get to Hospital so they won't be Full Anymore "

They have privatised ambulances in Thailand, if two different companies turn up at the same time, it's not unheard of for guns to be pulled to decide which company gets the sick person!

Hmmmm I know let's Privatise Ambulances and then Know one will get to Hospital so they won't be Full Anymore

They have privatised ambulances in Thailand, if two different companies turn up at the same time, it's not unheard of for guns to be pulled to decide which company gets the sick person! "

Typically , as Littlejohn would say you can't make it up anymore !

Seriuosly tho , it is the G P Surgerys that are the problem !

lytham st.annes

But you obviously reported him right? For being untrained and unqualified, right? I mean you would have let him just carry on practicing medicine would you? You would have been worried about patient safety and make a full and formal complaint surely? "

Why would I,I was more concerned about my health at that time and was admitted to the stroke ward shortly after ,Good day

Cambridge

But you obviously reported him right? For being untrained and unqualified, right? I mean you would have let him just carry on practicing medicine would you? You would have been worried about patient safety and make a full and formal complaint surely? Why would I,I was more concerned about my health at that time and was admitted to the stroke ward shortly after ,Good day"

You believe that you were attended to by someone who was untrained and unqualified, and you did NOTHING to ensure the safety of other patients?

If you didn't do anything, I think that is proof that your story is complete and utter bullshit.

lytham st.annes

But you obviously reported him right? For being untrained and unqualified, right? I mean you would have let him just carry on practicing medicine would you? You would have been worried about patient safety and make a full and formal complaint surely? Why would I,I was more concerned about my health at that time and was admitted to the stroke ward shortly after ,Good day

You believe that you were attended to by someone who was untrained and unqualified, and you did NOTHING to ensure the safety of other patients?

If you didn't do anything, I think that is proof that your story is complete and utter bullshit."

lytham st.annes

But you obviously reported him right? For being untrained and unqualified, right? I mean you would have let him just carry on practicing medicine would you? You would have been worried about patient safety and make a full and formal complaint surely? Why would I,I was more concerned about my health at that time and was admitted to the stroke ward shortly after ,Good day

If you didn't do anything, I think that is proof that your story is complete and utter bullshit."

prove my story is bullshit CLCC or shut up

if an English doctor was working in Spain and a patient came in with a derrame cerebral and the patient said they had had an embolio do you think that the doctor would necesrarily know what that was? Open your mind before you call people liars

Cambridge

If you didn't do anything, I think that is proof that your story is complete and utter bullshit.prove my story is bullshit CLCC or shut up"

If it were true, you would have done something about it.

lytham st.annes

If you didn't do anything, I think that is proof that your story is complete and utter bullshit.prove my story is bullshit CLCC or shut up

If it were true, you would have done something about it. "

What do you suggest,I was,as was the rest of my family concerned about my health at that time,once again prove my story is bullshit or shut up

Cambridge

If you didn't do anything, I think that is proof that your story is complete and utter bullshit.prove my story is bullshit CLCC or shut up

If it were true, you would have done something about it. What do you suggest,I was,as was the rest of my family concerned about my health at that time,once again prove my story is bullshit or shut up"

If you are well enough now to argue with me, you are well enough to inform the proper authorities of someone pretending to be a doctor who isn't trained or qualified. The fact that you haven't done that is proof that your story is bullshit

Make health insurance tax deductible.

The NHS is not a viable longterm solution to health care. It's something like the second largest employer in the world, next to the Chinese army and in an era of huge pharmaceutical and wages costs added to a general lack of accountability, will never recover. Throwing money at it will not work.

lytham st.annes

If it were true, you would have done something about it. What do you suggest,I was,as was the rest of my family concerned about my health at that time,once again prove my story is bullshit or shut up

If you are well enough now to argue with me, you are well enough to inform the proper authorities of someone pretending to be a doctor who isn't trained or qualified. The fact that you haven't done that is proof that your story is bullshit "

That,s the point,how would you have dealt with the problem had it been you on the stretcher,would you have made notes or would you have been more concerned for your health ? Goodbye

"Make health insurance tax deductible.

The NHS is not a viable longterm solution to health care. It's something like the second largest employer in the world, next to the Chinese army and in an era of huge pharmaceutical and wages costs added to a general lack of accountability, will never recover. Throwing money at it will not work."

My mum worked as a manager for the catering for the Southern. She said the waste was gross. So badly run at all levels.

lytham st.annes

The NHS is not a viable longterm solution to health care. It's something like the second largest employer in the world, next to the Chinese army and in an era of huge pharmaceutical and wages costs added to a general lack of accountability, will never recover. Throwing money at it will not work.

My mum worked as a manager for the catering for the Southern. She said the waste was gross. So badly run at all levels."

Exactly,it is not the people who work in the NHS,it is the people who run it

lytham st.annes

My mum worked as a manager for the catering for the Southern. She said the waste was gross. So badly run at all levels.Exactly,it is not the people who work in the NHS,it is the people who run it "

lytham st.annes

My mum worked as a manager for the catering for the Southern. She said the waste was gross. So badly run at all levels.Exactly,it is not the people who work in the NHS,it is the people who run it "

IDon,t mean your mother

Because it is such a huge organisation, there is personal waste and, sadly, theft from senior surgeons to practice managers. Not everybody, of course, by all means, but there is very little personal accountability for control over this. 'We all pay for this therefore I personally deserve to take this' seems to be a common norm.

My mum worked as a manager for the catering for the Southern. She said the waste was gross. So badly run at all levels.Exactly,it is not the people who work in the NHS,it is the people who run it IDon,t mean your mother"

I know. Haha.

West London

Perhaps it's the government has something to do with it. The strategy being?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/14162222?

Do we, as the.public, have any right to expect the NHS to be fit for the purpose we want it to be, rather than what it is supposed to be? Should we all- government AND users- accept the responsibility of using it wisely or treat it as an ever-open shop full of goods we might not always need on instant access?

Cambridge

"Do we, as the.public, have any right to expect the NHS to be fit for the purpose we want it to be, rather than what it is supposed to be? Should we all- government AND users- accept the responsibility of using it wisely or treat it as an ever-open shop full of goods we might not always need on instant access?"

Do you treat it as an ever open shop full of goods? I don't.

"Do we, as the.public, have any right to expect the NHS to be fit for the purpose we want it to be, rather than what it is supposed to be? Should we all- government AND users- accept the responsibility of using it wisely or treat it as an ever-open shop full of goods we might not always need on instant access?

Do you treat it as an ever open shop full of goods? I don't."

The 30% of people who go to A&E who shouldn't be there do.

» Add a new message to this topic