FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Terrorism ? Isis ?

Terrorism ? Isis ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know Thier are no easy answers !

But has any one on here got any decent ideas on how to end it ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Uphold peace at all costs...

Let the dust settle for at least a generation.

Stop demonising Muslim people and be respectful

And hope they do the same

"Uphold peace at all costs...

And hope they do the same "

That's part of the problem tho ?

The Shia and Sunny are fighting each other aswell !

By *ubble troubleCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Stand up to Saudi Arabia, the main bankroller of Sunni terrorism.

Refuse to go along with US regime change tactics such as equipping death squads in South America.

Maintain a strong armed forces and keep Putin from invading the Baltic States or Eastern Europe.

Stop kowtowing to Isreal's bully boy tactics.

Tell Iran to stop its support for Shia terrorists.

Legalise drugs, thus reducing the fundraising abilities of various terrorist gangster groups.

Islam must be reformed the way Christianity has been. Not all religions are equal when it comes to peace.

"Stand up to Saudi Arabia, the main bankroller of Sunni terrorism.

Refuse to go along with US regime change tactics such as equipping death squads in South America.

Maintain a strong armed forces and keep Putin from invading the Baltic States or Eastern Europe.

Legalise drugs, thus reducing the fundraising abilities of various terrorist gangster groups."

Let Russia be. Why is it okay for the EU to culturally colonise former Bloc nations but not okay for Russian to defy it?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Do not get involved,yes defend ourselves but let the different fractions fight each other till they see it does not make sense.It may take a generation but muslims will get there if we let them sort there own problems out.

"Uphold peace at all costs...

And hope they do the same

That's part of the problem tho ?

The Shia and Sunny are fighting each other aswell ! "

And if they are... How does it affect you?

"Do not get involved,yes defend ourselves but let the different fractions fight each other till they see it does not make sense.It may take a generation but muslims will get there if we let them sort there own problems out.

"

They will never sort it out. Has Iran or Saudi Arabia sorted themselves out? It's lslam that holds them back.

"Stand up to Saudi Arabia, the main bankroller of Sunni terrorism.

Legalise drugs, thus reducing the fundraising abilities of various terrorist gangster groups."

I think all if these would be worth a try !

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

In reality there is only one way to stop terrorism and that is to kill every terrorist, terrorist supporter and backer. And then remove the reason that bread those terrorists in the first place.

In the case of IS that means removing Islam from the world. Clearly that is not an option, therefore we have to accept that Radical Islamic violence is now a permanent fixture in the world for the foreseeable future.

"In reality there is only one way to stop terrorism and that is to kill every terrorist, terrorist supporter and backer. And then remove the reason that bread those terrorists in the first place.

In the case of IS that means removing Islam from the world. Clearly that is not an option, therefore we have to accept that Radical Islamic violence is now a permanent fixture in the world for the foreseeable future. "

That's the worry though, it's not just radical Islam. People conflate Jesus with Mohammed but they are so different. Mohammed was a conquering Warlord, Jesus wasn't. That's where the problems arise.

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

London

This applies to all cults, but with reference to the most evil of those: a world without islam would be an infinitely more peaceful, more tolerant and more enlightened environment.

"This applies to all cults, but with reference to the most evil of those: a world without islam would be an infinitely more peaceful, more tolerant and more enlightened environment."

Islam could do with a New Testament like Christianity has !

Manchester

Islamic extremism is behind the killing of thousands but geopolitics is behind the killing hundreds of thousands. While the focus is currently on Aleppo over in Yemen as many people are being killed by the Saudis in another proxy war against Iran.

"Islamic extremism is behind the killing of thousands but geopolitics is behind the killing hundreds of thousands. While the focus is currently on Aleppo over in Yemen as many people are being killed by the Saudis in another proxy war against Iran. "

Very good point !

Why we let that vile Saudi Regime get away with it is beyond me !

Yes I know it's oil !

Roll on new technologies and no need for oil !

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Islamic extremism is behind the killing of thousands but geopolitics is behind the killing hundreds of thousands. While the focus is currently on Aleppo over in Yemen as many people are being killed by the Saudis in another proxy war against Iran.

Very good point !

Yes I know it's oil !

Roll on new technologies and no need for oil ! "

Could be the billions the Saudi's pay us each year for our high tech weapons too though.

"Islamic extremism is behind the killing of thousands but geopolitics is behind the killing hundreds of thousands. While the focus is currently on Aleppo over in Yemen as many people are being killed by the Saudis in another proxy war against Iran.

Very good point !

Yes I know it's oil !

Roll on new technologies and no need for oil !

Could be the billions the Saudi's pay us each year for our high tech weapons too though. "

We shouldn't be selling them to them !

If I had my way we would make weapons for our own use only , spare no expspense , only use our own and sell to no one !

Manchester

"Isl

Could be the billions the Saudi's pay us each year for our high tech weapons too though. "

Yes I don't think any of us doubt that but much of the profit never sees the light of day in the UK because of tax avoidance and the UK subsidising the purchase costs.

For me the worst aspect of our supine relationship with KSA is that our government know full well that the Saudis are busy injecting their Wahhabi islamist poison into our society.

upton wirral

"Do not get involved,yes defend ourselves but let the different fractions fight each other till they see it does not make sense.It may take a generation but muslims will get there if we let them sort there own problems out.

They will never sort it out. Has Iran or Saudi Arabia sorted themselves out? It's lslam that holds them back."

Christianity was no different at one time,just look at Europe with Catholics and Lutherens and various threads but it is not to bad now.

They will never sort it out. Has Iran or Saudi Arabia sorted themselves out? It's lslam that holds them back.

Christianity was no different at one time,just look at Europe with Catholics and Lutherens and various threads but it is not to bad now."

I think that's part of the problem tho !

I've Dared to say it before and il repeat some races and religions are not at the same stage of development !!!

So I'm Sorry but we are not all the same !

Until we accept that we won't get anywhere !

"I know Thier are no easy answers !

But has any one on here got any decent ideas on how to end it ? "

things that are ongoing for centuries tend not to have easy solutions!..... You could just nuke Saudi Arabia!.

This will help three fold.

1 they perpetuate most of the extemisim.

2 with Saudi gone for a few hundred years, we'll be forced to move from petroleum.

3 99.99% of the other terrorists will disappear into the night once they realise were willing to go further than them!

Christianity was no different at one time,just look at Europe with Catholics and Lutherens and various threads but it is not to bad now.

I think that's part of the problem tho !

I've Dared to say it before and il repeat some races and religions are not at the same stage of development !!!

So I'm Sorry but we are not all the same !

Until we accept that we won't get anywhere ! "

That's an extreme view

For one, middle Eastern science has always been highly developed

Not sure whether this will cause offence, but I feel the situation between the Israelis and Palestinians would need to be resolved in order to move middle eastern politics forward.

Whether we like it or not, regardless of which side (Sunni, Shia) the regions countries happen to support, all are united in their condemnation of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and of the Palestinian cause.

"Not sure whether this will cause offence, but I feel the situation between the Israelis and Palestinians would need to be resolved in order to move middle eastern politics forward.

Whether we like it or not, regardless of which side (Sunni, Shia) the regions countries happen to support, all are united in their condemnation of Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and of the Palestinian cause.

"

That's not quite true though is it... Maybe it was a few decades ago but not anymore

"Not sure whether this will cause offence, but I feel the situation between the Israelis and Palestinians would need to be resolved in order to move middle eastern politics forward.

"

I think Thier is some truth in this ! The best thing Israel could do , is give the Palestinians independence and help rebuild Thier land , and dare I say it , become friends and neighbours

You cant, it is in their genes, hence why you cant mix religions, they are jealous how peaceful we have it in the western world with christianity.

upton wirral

I think Thier is some truth in this ! The best thing Israel could do , is give the Palestinians independence and help rebuild Thier land , and dare I say it , become friends and neighbours "

I9 do agree but it would not solve all the problems

"

They don't hate them because the land ''stolen'', lsrael is the size of Wales. They hate them purely because they are Jews. They'll openly talk about it in Arabic, in English not so much.

The first thing that would happen would be Hamas or the like getting voted in and never having another election, just like what happened in Gaza..You just have to read the Hamas charter to see what they want. They won't rest until no Jews are in the Levant. Same old Muslim behaviour. lslam and Democracy are like oil and water.

Manchester

"You cant, it is in their genes, hence why you cant mix religions, they are jealous how peaceful we have it in the western world with christianity. "

Congratulations. The winner of The Biggest Racist Bollox Posting of the Week. Presumably that peace is only calculated from after 1945, thus avoiding the 35 million deaths in Euope and the Russian Western Front?

"You cant, it is in their genes, hence why you cant mix religions, they are jealous how peaceful we have it in the western world with christianity.

Congratulations. The winner of The Biggest Racist Bollox Posting of the Week. Presumably that peace is only calculated from after 1945, thus avoiding the 35 million deaths in Euope and the Russian Western Front?"

No, it is not, it is an observation, of course there will be war now and again in the world, but we have it far less if you compare them.

That's not quite true though is it... Maybe it was a few decades ago but not anymore"

I think that it is true, actually. All Muslim nations condemn Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians and some make mention of the oppression of the people's of Palestine and their support for its freedom in their constitution.

They don't hate them because the land ''stolen'', lsrael is the size of Wales. They hate them purely because they are Jews. They'll openly talk about it in Arabic, in English not so much.

The first thing that would happen would be Hamas or the like getting voted in and never having another election, just like what happened in Gaza..You just have to read the Hamas charter to see what they want. They won't rest until no Jews are in the Levant. Same old Muslim behaviour. lslam and Democracy are like oil and water."

I think that is too simplistic. You cannot associate all Muslims hating Jews any more than I could say all Jews are Zionists.

Your answer in a way proves why there will never be peace - tit for tat oneupmanship.

The first thing that would happen would be Hamas or the like getting voted in and never having another election, just like what happened in Gaza..You just have to read the Hamas charter to see what they want. They won't rest until no Jews are in the Levant. Same old Muslim behaviour. lslam and Democracy are like oil and water.

I think that is too simplistic. You cannot associate all Muslims hating Jews any more than I could say all Jews are Zionists.

Your answer in a way proves why there will never be peace - tit for tat oneupmanship. "

Of course l can't speak for Muslims, but l can speak for the Hadith and Qu'ran.

''The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (the Boxthorn tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.'' (related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).Sahih Muslim, 41:6985

l'm not the problem. lt's lslam.

Your answer in a way proves why there will never be peace - tit for tat oneupmanship.

Of course l can't speak for Muslims, but l can speak for the Hadith and Qu'ran.

''The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (the Boxthorn tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews.'' (related by al-Bukhari and Muslim).Sahih Muslim, 41:6985

l'm not the problem. lt's lslam."

I didn't say you were the problem, did I?

Thanks for the additional information though.

As abhorent evil isis are,some ppl say certain Nations are happy for Isis 2 exist.How come isis have never attacked Israel?having isis cause mayhem in the middle east fighting amongst themselves.Israel must be thinking keeps certain Nations of our back.Maybe other nations think like Israel?

"As abhorent evil isis are,some ppl say certain Nations are happy for Isis 2 exist.How come isis have never attacked Israel?having isis cause mayhem in the middle east fighting amongst themselves.Israel must be thinking keeps certain Nations of our back.Maybe other nations think like Israel?"

They have attacked them via suicide bombers.

U sure never seen on news?

"As abhorent evil isis are,some ppl say certain Nations are happy for Isis 2 exist.How come isis have never attacked Israel?having isis cause mayhem in the middle east fighting amongst themselves.Israel must be thinking keeps certain Nations of our back.Maybe other nations think like Israel?

They have attacked them via suicide bombers."

I've just googled it isis ever attacked Israel,nothing articles explaining why they havnt

"I've just googled it isis ever attacked Israel,nothing articles explaining why they havnt"

Well they take credit for them.

"I've just googled it isis ever attacked Israel,nothing articles explaining why they havnt

Well they take credit for them. "

I suspect it's the practical reason of knowing that Israel didn't mess when it comes to revenge !

That's not quite true though is it... Maybe it was a few decades ago but not anymore

I think that it is true, actually. All Muslim nations condemn Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians and some make mention of the oppression of the people's of Palestine and their support for its freedom in their constitution."

They say it, they don't actually mean it.

Do you remember the 70s energy crises, the three day weeks of the 70s are often wrongly talked about in terms of strikes, that's not really true.

There was once a Saudi king who genuinely cared about Palestine, he did something very profound and peaceful to change that... He said were not going to sell oil to any country that supports Israeli actions and expansion

He basically stopped selling oil to the west, or the west that supported Israel in the UN.

That was 1974, we queued for miles to fill cars and such was the shortage the government mandated a 3 day week for factories on energy rationing, nothing to do with strikes, we just didn't have enough oil to provide energy 5 days a week, something happened quite profound 2 years before that, the USA which had been the Saudi Arabia of the world for 50 years reached peak, they suddenly became oil dependant on other oil countries and the Saudi action asked what that reality looked like....

1974 was the year the US decided that it could NEVER be held to ransom again, it was the year the west went to war with the middle East, of course the was no headlines, no formal declaration but that's the reality.

What we see today is policy decisions made 40,30 and 20 years ago.

Had we decided back then to get off the petroleum boat, the middle East would look decidedly different today!... Of course that's history, the Saudi king was assassinated, OPEC came to fruition and political alliances were made all of which came to dominate the middle East future.

Today the Saudis don't really give a shit about Palestine

I think that it is true, actually. All Muslim nations condemn Israel for their treatment of the Palestinians and some make mention of the oppression of the people's of Palestine and their support for its freedom in their constitution..

They say it, they don't actually mean it.

Do you remember the 70s energy crises, the three day weeks of the 70s are often wrongly talked about in terms of strikes, that's not really true.

There was once a Saudi king who genuinely cared about Palestine, he did something very profound and peaceful to change that... He said were not going to sell oil to any country that supports Israeli actions and expansion

He basically stopped selling oil to the west, or the west that supported Israel in the UN.

That was 1974, we queued for miles to fill cars and such was the shortage the government mandated a 3 day week for factories on energy rationing, nothing to do with strikes, we just didn't have enough oil to provide energy 5 days a week, something happened quite profound 2 years before that, the USA which had been the Saudi Arabia of the world for 50 years reached peak, they suddenly became oil dependant on other oil countries and the Saudi action asked what that reality looked like....

1974 was the year the US decided that it could NEVER be held to ransom again, it was the year the west went to war with the middle East, of course the was no headlines, no formal declaration but that's the reality.

What we see today is policy decisions made 40,30 and 20 years ago.

Had we decided back then to get off the petroleum boat, the middle East would look decidedly different today!... Of course that's history, the Saudi king was assassinated, OPEC came to fruition and political alliances were made all of which came to dominate the middle East future.

Today the Saudis don't really give a shit about Palestine"

Thanks for the history lesson, I don't remember the time first-hand, no.

I still contend that the situation in Palestine needs resolution before we can ever hope for peace in the region. Sectarian violence amongst the varying Muslim sects not withstanding.

It shouldn't surprise us that countries will say one thing whilst doing another (or nothing as the case may be). We do after all love in a country renowned for that.

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

There is a castle in Cacasonne,south of France.If anybody thinks religion,any religion,is not evil I suggest you visit it.Some of the worst punishments handed out and to women,they were Catholics .

"

I still contend that the situation in Palestine needs resolution before we can ever hope for peace in the region. Sectarian violence amongst the varying Muslim sects not withstanding.

It shouldn't surprise us that countries will say one thing whilst doing another (or nothing as the case may be). We do after all love in a country renowned for that. "

A two state solution unfortunately looks further away today than it was 30 years ago, you only need to look to the current UN voting debarcle to see that.

The Palestinians are Sunnis, if they can't even get any help from Saudi Arabia, then it looks pretty dire for them.

Personally I think the Palestinians were treated fucking awfully by the British in allowing unlimited Jewish immigration into it after ww2 .... But that's water under the bridge, a two state solution needs Israel to come to the table and Palestine to stop terrorism and that's got very very very little chance of happening

"

It shouldn't surprise us that countries will say one thing whilst doing another (or nothing as the case may be). We do after all love in a country renowned for that. .

A two state solution unfortunately looks further away today than it was 30 years ago, you only need to look to the current UN voting debarcle to see that.

The Palestinians are Sunnis, if they can't even get any help from Saudi Arabia, then it looks pretty dire for them.

Personally I think the Palestinians were treated fucking awfully by the British in allowing unlimited Jewish immigration into it after ww2 .... But that's water under the bridge, a two state solution needs Israel to come to the table and Palestine to stop terrorism and that's got very very very little chance of happening"

I was going to mention Britain, but then I'd have entered the British Zionist agenda and lead into British Israelism, which is a whole new argument.

If we look at the region overall, Britain's grubby, colonial fingerprints are all over it.

"

It shouldn't surprise us that countries will say one thing whilst doing another (or nothing as the case may be). We do after all love in a country renowned for that. .

Personally I think the Palestinians were treated fucking awfully by the British in allowing unlimited Jewish immigration into it after ww2 .... But that's water under the bridge, a two state solution needs Israel to come to the table and Palestine to stop terrorism and that's got very very very little chance of happening

I was going to mention Britain, but then I'd have entered the British Zionist agenda and lead into British Israelism, which is a whole new argument.

If we look at the region overall, Britain's grubby, colonial fingerprints are all over it. "

That's because Britain won the first oil war from 1914-18 otherwise known as ww1.

They got to pull apart the spoils along with France of the ottoman empire which had sadly picked the wrong side to fight on.

Were a resource based species living with a resource based way of life, it's hardly surprising we have resource based wars?.

However you see the colonial grubbyness, don't make the mistake of thinking it was a land of milk and honey. The middle East has been fighting wars for 2000 years for one reason or another

On the next thread along you'll see everybody arguing about how to get more trade, GDP, work, jobs, money.....

We call it many things but it all falls under the resources umbrella.... You want more, we need to acquire more, it's the circle of capitalism and consumerism.

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

The truth is it can't be defeated, we can only do our best as a country to guard against it the best that we can.

Isis as an organisation thrives on loan wolf operations and as they are defeated as an 'army' in Syria and Iraq Lone Wolf activities will likely increase at a rate of knots.

Islam is not a cult.....Isis is a cult that can never truly be defeated.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

What a thread. Sweeping generalisation. Prejudice. Cognitive bias. The whole lot

"Exodus 20:2-6 ESV

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me"

Is it not possible that it's just money and power? Just like here. Just like throughout history. Anything will be exploited to achieve that when populations are religiously observant and not well educated. USA,Trump suddenly anti-abortion. Religious and educated is another matter. Not really religious and educated is where most of Western Europe is, but managed a sectarian war in Northern Ireland until very recently. Nobody wanted to nuke America for feeding the IRA money.

Terrorists are fuckers whatever their motivation. You only break the cycle by bring nice to those from the same background who are not. There is nothing more likely to create a terrorist than the burning indignation of being victimised, denigrated and bullied for just being you.

It took centuries for a generally liberal, tolerant society to develop in Europe. Something that has regularly seen rolled back. As we are living through again now. Why should other parts of the world get it after 70 or 80 years?

"

Yep, it was only a matter of time before someone introduced Israel into the subject of koran-inspired savagery, mass murder and industrial scale rape.

And as for the region's countries being united in their condemnation of Israel...those of course will be the very same countries where the religious persecution of Christians has seen their presence reduced in the region from 20% to 5% in the last two decades!

West London

Yep, it was only a matter of time before someone introduced Israel into the subject of koran-inspired savagery, mass murder and industrial scale rape.

And as for the region's countries being united in their condemnation of Israel...those of course will be the very same countries where the religious persecution of Christians has seen their presence reduced in the region from 20% to 5% in the last two decades!

"

Large Christian and Jewish populations lived peacefully in the region for thousands of years, so what's changed more in the last 20 years? Religion or geopolitics?

The best way to confuse your enemies is to be very nice to them

"

Large Christian and Jewish populations lived peacefully in the region for thousands of years, so what's changed more in the last 20 years? Religion or geopolitics?"

Demographics!.

Palestine had a long history of about 10% Jewish settlement, things were just fine when it was 90% Muslim 10% Jewish and neither of them controlled the place!

"The best way to confuse your enemies is to be very nice to them "

Unfortunately your both just wishful thinking!.

For twenty years the west was extremely nice to al Qaida, they supplied them with money and weapons to fight the Russians in Afghanistan, al Qaida actually fell out with the yanks over they're medaling in the Indonesian genocide of christians among other things.

Are we now saying we should stop stopping genocide?.

I mean don't get me wrong the west aren't saints, far from it, but this notion that we somehow create terrorists by being horrible to people is just bollocks.

What should the west have done with salmon Rushdie and his book?

Or the cartoonists in France and Holland?.

Should we have arrested them for inciting terrorism by being nasty about Islam?.

There is no military solution to isis or any organization seeking change through violence .You cant bomb idea's.You can make isis political.Regarding Israel a 2 state solution is workable and political power sharing.I lived in israel in 90s and found the Palestinians interested in peace more so than your average Israeli.

If being horrible creates terrorists then where's the Indian terrorists,I mean the colonial UK was pretty unpleasant to Indians, where's the massive haul of jainist terrorists with Gandhi as they're leader?.

Different religious ideologies react differently to the same problems

"There is no military solution to isis or any organization seeking change through violence .You cant bomb idea's.You can make isis political.Regarding Israel a 2 state solution is workable and political power sharing.I lived in israel in 90s and found the Palestinians interested in peace more so than your average Israeli. "

The Palestinians want a two state solution because they've got jack shit, it's like miles better than what they currently have.

The Israelis currently have it great already so they don't want a two state solution.... So what's in it for Israel, it has to be a fair exchange where Israel gains some peace, but the Palestinians keep lobbing bombs into Israel so they think why the fuck bother?.

To be fair this attitude is kept going by the Israeli government, they deliberately provoke the Palestinian terrorists, they know exactly how to "trigger" the reaction they seek.

Unless the UN gets tough with Israel there's no fucking chance of a two state solution and as we've just seen the minute the UN do actually get serious with them, they just threaten to pull out from the UN membership.... Military wise there's little the UN could do against Israel, however Israel is very very much resource dependant, a UN sanction programme could have a very quick change of opinion from inside Israeli politics.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Israel has very high up political lobbying within the UK & US political systems

"The best way to confuse your enemies is to be very nice to them .

Unfortunately your both just wishful thinking!.

For twenty years the west was extremely nice to al Qaida, they supplied them with money and weapons to fight the Russians in Afghanistan, al Qaida actually fell out with the yanks over they're medaling in the Indonesian genocide of christians among other things.

Are we now saying we should stop stopping genocide?.

I mean don't get me wrong the west aren't saints, far from it, but this notion that we somehow create terrorists by being horrible to people is just bollocks.

What should the west have done with salmon Rushdie and his book?

Or the cartoonists in France and Holland?.

Should we have arrested them for inciting terrorism by being nasty about Islam?."

I was talking more generally about not going to war in Iraq and not supplying weapons to anyone. Never attack, only defend home soil when provoked. Promote peace at all costs and let the conflict die out over a generation or two.

Provide a route up the hierarchy of needs for all and tensions quickly drop.

West London

"If being horrible creates terrorists then where's the Indian terrorists,I mean the colonial UK was pretty unpleasant to Indians, where's the massive haul of jainist terrorists with Gandhi as they're leader?.

Different religious ideologies react differently to the same problems"

There was terrorism in India. There was the Indian Mutiny/1st War if Independence for a start. Fortune meant that Ghandi turned out to be the most charismatic leaders and took the independence movement in a particular direction. At partition even he struggled to control the blood-letting between Muslims and Hindus.

West London

"

Large Christian and Jewish populations lived peacefully in the region for thousands of years, so what's changed more in the last 20 years? Religion or geopolitics?

Demographics!.

Palestine had a long history of about 10% Jewish settlement, things were just fine when it was 90% Muslim 10% Jewish and neither of them controlled the place!"

The most pertinent demographics are that the West has an aging, almost fully employed population. The Middle East have young populations with high levels of unemployment. You provide a method for them to feel heroic and give them a sense of worth and they will, particularly if they perceive or are told that there injustice all around them.

"There is no military solution to isis or any organization seeking change through violence .You cant bomb idea's.You can make isis political.Regarding Israel a 2 state solution is workable and political power sharing.I lived in israel in 90s and found the Palestinians interested in peace more so than your average Israeli. .

The Palestinians want a two state solution because they've got jack shit, it's like miles better than what they currently have.

The Israelis currently have it great already so they don't want a two state solution.... So what's in it for Israel, it has to be a fair exchange where Israel gains some peace, but the Palestinians keep lobbing bombs into Israel so they think why the fuck bother?.

To be fair this attitude is kept going by the Israeli government, they deliberately provoke the Palestinian terrorists, they know exactly how to "trigger" the reaction they seek.

Unless the UN gets tough with Israel there's no fucking chance of a two state solution and as we've just seen the minute the UN do actually get serious with them, they just threaten to pull out from the UN membership.... Military wise there's little the UN could do against Israel, however Israel is very very much resource dependant, a UN sanction programme could have a very quick change of opinion from inside Israeli politics.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Israel has very high up political lobbying within the UK & US political systems"

The israelis will get peace .Which most israelis want.The biggest hurdle is jerusalem.Here the UN could play a peacekeeeping role as everyone claims Jerusalem.The city should be shared and policed by the UN.Getting israel to agree to this will be difficult.

"There is no military solution to isis or any organization seeking change through violence .You cant bomb idea's.You can make isis political.Regarding Israel a 2 state solution is workable and political power sharing.I lived in israel in 90s and found the Palestinians interested in peace more so than your average Israeli. .

But I wouldn't hold my breath on it. Israel has very high up political lobbying within the UK & US political systems The israelis will get peace .Which most israelis want.The biggest hurdle is jerusalem.Here the UN could play a peacekeeeping role as everyone claims Jerusalem.The city should be shared and policed by the UN.Getting israel to agree to this will be difficult."

The USA could make them if it wanted to !

"

I was talking more generally about not going to war in Iraq and not supplying weapons to anyone. Never attack, only defend home soil when provoked. Promote peace at all costs and let the conflict die out over a generation or two.

Provide a route up the hierarchy of needs for all and tensions quickly drop. "

I fully agree with everything you said, I'd go further and dismantle the entire UK armed services, replaced by something similar to the Swiss system.

It's all irrelevant though as none of that would have stopped the formation and problems of al Qaida,Isis, boko harem.

Let's say you pacified them and let them have they're little caliphate...... Do you honestly think the liberals on here could live with the daily goings on in that caliphate?. Christ they can barely live with Saudi Arabia without calling for intervention!.

I'm afraid the liberals drag us into as many conflicts as the hawks although at least with honest intentions

"If being horrible creates terrorists then where's the Indian terrorists,I mean the colonial UK was pretty unpleasant to Indians, where's the massive haul of jainist terrorists with Gandhi as they're leader?.

Different religious ideologies react differently to the same problems

There was terrorism in India. There was the Indian Mutiny/1st War if Independence for a start. Fortune meant that Ghandi turned out to be the most charismatic leaders and took the independence movement in a particular direction. At partition even he struggled to control the blood-letting between Muslims and Hindus."

So no jainist terrorists then?.

Like I said different religious ideologies come to different Solutions to the same problems

By *ralbiswMan  over a year ago

Exeter

While I do not like linking Islam with terrorism.... (I see it as a bit of a convenient excuse) we have to realise Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity.

When we see how Christianity was 500 or so years ago, the two are not far apart.

I do not see any way of stopping idealistical radicals but we should be able to reduce it by embracing our own multi cultural

Society and ensuring we as a nation teach our kids about all religions.

we will not stop it bee night and it

Might take two generations. Of course to speed it up we need to hit them hard at the top of their organisations.... not use the situation to make money as we have done over the past twenty years.

If daesh had thier caliphate it would not last as people would want to leave and would not be allowed to and then the rest of the world would have to step in vicious circle

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

You guys are behind the curve;

ISIS is just about a busted flush now;

But meanwhile, while everyone has been worrying about ISIS, al quaida has been quietly regrouping, gaining lots of strength and support; backed off violence for the moment, and getting self straight.

It will be back soon, but in a much more subtle and dangerous fashion.

"While I do not like linking Islam with terrorism.... (I see it as a bit of a convenient excuse) we have to realise Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity.

When we see how Christianity was 500 or so years ago, the two are not far apart.

I do not see any way of stopping idealistical radicals but we should be able to reduce it by embracing our own multi cultural

Might take two generations. Of course to speed it up we need to hit them hard at the top of their organisations.... not use the situation to make money as we have done over the past twenty years. "

I think you have hit the point here ?

I tried to raise on a thread recently but you have done it better

"While I do not like linking Islam with terrorism.... (I see it as a bit of a convenient excuse) we have to realise Islam is about 500 years younger than Christianity.

Might take two generations. Of course to speed it up we need to hit them hard at the top of their organisations.... not use the situation to make money as we have done over the past twenty years. "

Mormonism is even younger than them all. Are Mormons blowing themselves up?

Might take two generations. Of course to speed it up we need to hit them hard at the top of their organisations.... not use the situation to make money as we have done over the past twenty years.

Mormonism is even younger than them all. Are Mormons blowing themselves up?"

No I don't think they are !

I'm struggling to thing of any terrorists who do apart from Islamic Ones ?

West London

I'm not sure why there is a determination here to pick a religion and say that all the people from this one are bad or have the potential to be and all the people from that one are lovely.

Buddhism and Jainism are very similar in their nonviolent teaching but there have certainly been Buddhists who have been terrorists. Did they identify themselves as Buddhist terrorists?

That is the only distinction. Buddhism doesn't have any texts that justify violence but all of the monotheistic ones do.

Religious violence is very rarely anything to do with the religion. It's about power and money. Religion is just a convenient tool.

Some of this violence is physical and focused on "outsiders" to the cult. Ask me violence is psychological and focused internally on controlling the members of a religion by forbidding external relationships or free thinking.

Anything can be corrupted if the manipulator is clever enough and the manipulated are desperate or conditioned appropriately.

Not do sure ?

Islam seems to be the Religion that wants to convert people by force !

I don't know of any Christian country's where you can be executed for changing ing to Islam , but you certainly can be killed for converting from Islam to Christianity !

West London

" Not do sure ?

I don't know of any Christian country's where you can be executed for changing ing to Islam , but you certainly can be killed for converting from Islam to Christianity ! "

I guess I could rewrite my previous post using different words with the same meaning, but there's no point if nobody's reading them...

"This applies to all cults, but with reference to the most evil of those: a world without islam would be an infinitely more peaceful, more tolerant and more enlightened environment."

How about a world without religion....?

It is an outmoded medieval construct that has no place in a so-called enlightened society.

" Not do sure ?

I don't know of any Christian country's where you can be executed for changing ing to Islam , but you certainly can be killed for converting from Islam to Christianity !

I guess I could rewrite my previous post using different words with the same meaning, but there's no point if nobody's reading them..."

You seem to be in denial about Islam. Are there any passages in the NT that have "Slay the unbelievers..." Like the Quran? You're just spouting the same stuff people have been saying, terrorist attack after terrorist attack. Well, until recently.

Islam IS the Problem !

Thier my ton hat is on , I've said It !

West London

If Islam did not exist, would all the reasons that people take extreme action be eliminated?

Would there be no totalitarian regimes where people are imprisoned or killed for thinking and behaving differently?

Perhaps one pretext would be removed as Muslims are, in general, more devout than Christians although anti-vaccination, AIDS denying, anti-abortion and racist movements in the U.S. claim to be Christian.

However, another ideology would be constructed. Marxist terrorism was widespread throughout the last century.

If you want to eliminate the problem then you have to eliminate the cause of such bitter anger and discontent....

Exeter

Thirty years ago most terrorism in the U.K. was carried out by the Irish. That does not mean all Irish were terrorists.

We are assuming most terrorism now is carried out by Islamic fundamentalists. However as it normally involves suicide, or the perpetrator ends up on the wrong side of a SF round, we do not actually know whether the responsibility claim ISIS make are actually genuine.

The Berlin lorry massacre is quite rudimentary in its execution and would not need a lot of skilful planning.

Assuming we are not now experiencing an upsurge in free radicals, this worries me more.... we can defend quite well against elaborately planned terrorism attempts from bomb plots to hijacked aircraft.... but these lesser more basic attacks are going to increase and prove to be very effective.

So what can we do? I think we need to revisit permanent armed police on our streets, and the death penalty for convictions.

But I watched the 2016 Wipe last night.... as much as I do not like the two individuals, Trump and Farage... they were bloody right!

True islams are finding the terrorism of today as abhorrent as you or me. We need those guys to start being vocal in our schools and towns, and convince the vulnerable there is another way.

Joking aside, maybe showing pictures of the most famous virgin Susan Boyle would go a long way to quash their ideal.

"Thirty years ago most terrorism in the U.K. was carried out by the Irish. That does not mean all Irish were terrorists.

We are assuming most terrorism now is carried out by Islamic fundamentalists. However as it normally involves suicide, or the perpetrator ends up on the wrong side of a SF round, we do not actually know whether the responsibility claim ISIS make are actually genuine.

The Berlin lorry massacre is quite rudimentary in its execution and would not need a lot of skilful planning.

Assuming we are not now experiencing an upsurge in free radicals, this worries me more.... we can defend quite well against elaborately planned terrorism attempts from bomb plots to hijacked aircraft.... but these lesser more basic attacks are going to increase and prove to be very effective.

So what can we do? I think we need to revisit permanent armed police on our streets, and the death penalty for convictions.

But I watched the 2016 Wipe last night.... as much as I do not like the two individuals, Trump and Farage... they were bloody right!

True islams are finding the terrorism of today as abhorrent as you or me. We need those guys to start being vocal in our schools and towns, and convince the vulnerable there is another way.

Joking aside, maybe showing pictures of the most famous virgin Susan Boyle would go a long way to quash their ideal.

"

The Irish thing was tabgible though. There was definite political reason for the IRA and the like. It wasn't nice but they were playing the same game as us. Islam is different. It urges the faithful to subject the unbelievers to offensive and defensive Jihad until "no disbelief remains in the land" and to "drive the Christian (Al al Injil) to the side of the road to humiliate him. It's a very different thing. Islamic terror stikes at everything and anything that strays from the the 7th century Mohammedism.

"If Islam did not exist, would all the reasons that people take extreme action be eliminated?

Would there be no totalitarian regimes where people are imprisoned or killed for thinking and behaving differently?

Perhaps one pretext would be removed as Muslims are, in general, more devout than Christians although anti-vaccination, AIDS denying, anti-abortion and racist movements in the U.S. claim to be Christian.

However, another ideology would be constructed. Marxist terrorism was widespread throughout the last century.

If you want to eliminate the problem then you have to eliminate the cause of such bitter anger and discontent...."

No I think it would be a different world though. The. Islamic wworldwould be as advanced as the West and there would be fewer terror attacks.

West London

There seems to be a general sentiment that Islam is a fundamentally more violent religion than any other but Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism (to name those I'm most familiar with) have justified war, violence and enslavement from scripture and pronouncements by the clergy.

Secular movements such as Communism and fascism have been equally blood thirsty.

Violent Islamism (as opposed to the religion of Islam) is simply currently the most widely employed ideology to mobilise the disaffected poor, unemployed and hopeles. They are overly represented in the Islamic world not because of anything inherent in the religion. In its history it has far exceeded the learning and tolerance of the western world. It is how the regimes in power have chosen to employ religion to maintain control of the population.

This has been subverted to undermine them and attack the West which have supported many of these regimes and exploited resources.

This is politics though. Religion is a tool.

The same methodology has been retasked very effectively by Trump, Brexit and other nationalistic movements.

Tell those who are suffering that you can fix everything. Use some emotive phrases that cannot be objectively measured or defined or achieved. Make America great again. Take our country back. Establish a global caliphate.

Deny and ignore any objective data that contradicts your position and appeal directly to emotion.

Tell everybody that there is a conspiracy. Don't trust the press as they're part of it and state that anything that is said against you is part of the conspiracy.

Tell everyone to trust you and only listen to information that you provide or approve of.

Get them to uncritically follow you.

It's been done time and time again over history.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"There seems to be a general sentiment that Islam is a fundamentally more violent religion than any other but Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism (to name those I'm most familiar with) have justified war, violence and enslavement from scripture and pronouncements by the clergy.

Secular movements such as Communism and fascism have been equally blood thirsty.

Violent Islamism (as opposed to the religion of Islam) is simply currently the most widely employed ideology to mobilise the disaffected poor, unemployed and hopeles. They are overly represented in the Islamic world not because of anything inherent in the religion. In its history it has far exceeded the learning and tolerance of the western world. It is how the regimes in power have chosen to employ religion to maintain control of the population.

This has been subverted to undermine them and attack the West which have supported many of these regimes and exploited resources.

The same methodology has been retasked very effectively by Trump, Brexit and other nationalistic movements.

Tell those who are suffering that you can fix everything. Use some emotive phrases that cannot be objectively measured or defined or achieved. Make America great again. Take our country back. Establish a global caliphate.

Deny and ignore any objective data that contradicts your position and appeal directly to emotion.

Tell everybody that there is a conspiracy. Don't trust the press as they're part of it and state that anything that is said against you is part of the conspiracy.

Tell everyone to trust you and only listen to information that you provide or approve of.

It's been done time and time again over history."

Organised religions are political organisations.

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Judging by the many sensible comments on here, an awful lot of you agree with Jeremy Corbyn's policies.

Exeter

"Judging by the many sensible comments on here, an awful lot of you agree with Jeremy Corbyn's policies.

"

Ummmm ..... Farage maybe!!

West London

"Organised religions are political organisations. "

Quite.

"There seems to be a general sentiment that Islam is a fundamentally more violent religion than any other but Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism (to name those I'm most familiar with) have justified war, violence and enslavement from scripture and pronouncements by the clergy.

Yep. You are in denial.

You have a warped view on religion. You can't imagine anyone being more converned with the next world than this one.

The lslamic world is a shithole because of lslam. The golden age of lslam was made possible by the domination of other culture and the compiling of the best from all these nations. Then they stagnate. And the west retakes it's position of the most advanced.

You are viewing it through the prism of the secular west and this is why so so many liberal and world leaders don't understand it.

Exeter

You have a warped view on religion. You can't imagine anyone being more converned with the next world than this one.

The lslamic world is a shithole because of lslam. The golden age of lslam was made possible by the domination of other culture and the compiling of the best from all these nations. Then they stagnate. And the west retakes it's position of the most advanced.

You are viewing it through the prism of the secular west and this is why so so many liberal and world leaders don't understand it.

"

The islamic world is a shit hole because of how we view it and relate it directly to terrorism, not because of the religion itself.

There are millions of law abiding devout Islam followers, probably more than christians, who do not feel terror is the way forward.

I feel quite strongly a peaceful multi cultural society is of benefit to us in the U.K. We have one now, let's be honest, but to make it work we need to support the other religions whether it be Jewish, islams, Hindus etc to be able to speak out and condemn terrorist action.

The whole world needs to rise up against terror and the organisations who support.

Where we fall over is not allowing others to stand up and be counted. We assume (as proven by the generalist of nature of this and similar threads) that all islams are potential terrorists.

It is not a problem solvable in the U.K. alone.

"There seems to be a general sentiment that Islam is a fundamentally more violent religion than any other but Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism (to name those I'm most familiar with) have justified war, violence and enslavement from scripture and pronouncements by the clergy. Mo

The islamic world is a shit hole because of how we view it and relate it directly to terrorism, not because of the religion itself.

There are millions of law abiding devout Islam followers, probably more than christians, who do not feel terror is the way forward.

I feel quite strongly a peaceful multi cultural society is of benefit to us in the U.K. We have one now, let's be honest, but to make it work we need to support the other religions whether it be Jewish, islams, Hindus etc to be able to speak out and condemn terrorist action.

The whole world needs to rise up against terror and the organisations who support.

Where we fall over is not allowing others to stand up and be counted. We assume (as proven by the generalist of nature of this and similar threads) that all islams are potential terrorists.

"

I'm maternally Jewish and we've never needed 'help' nor needed to convincing that murdering gentiles is a bad thing. You just look at the Pew opinion polls from lslamic nations and it's scary.

The lslamic world is a shithole because of lslam. They seem to agree with me because they are trying to get into Europe in their millions.

Multiculturalism has eroded the West, the question of Nationhood and our very culture. I don't need curry and steel drums. It doesn't enrich my life and l don't need the whole third world to arrive on my door to provide it. We once had One culture. One law. One people. The nation has never been so divided and it's because of politics like yours.

[Removed by poster at 31/12/16 11:53:40]

"There seems to be a general sentiment that Islam is a fundamentally more violent religion than any other but Judaism, Christianity and Hinduism (to name those I'm most familiar with) have justified war, violence and enslavement from scripture and pronouncements by the clergy. Mo

I'm maternally Jewish and we've never needed 'help' nor needed to convincing that murdering gentiles is a bad thing. You just look at the Pew opinion polls from lslamic nations and it's scary.

The lslamic world is a shithole because of lslam. They seem to agree with me because they are trying to get into Europe in their millions.

Multiculturalism has eroded the West, the question of Nationhood and our very culture. I don't need curry and steel drums. It doesn't enrich my life and l don't need the whole third world to arrive on my door to provide it. We once had One culture. One law. One people. The nation has never been so divided and it's because of politics like yours."

West London

"

Multiculturalism has eroded the West, the question of Nationhood and our very culture. I don't need curry and steel drums. It doesn't enrich my life and l don't need the whole third world to arrive on my door to provide it. We once had One culture. One law. One people. The nation has never been so divided and it's because of politics like yours."

Do you not see some irony in what you've just written?

Scotland has a distinct culture and separate legal system. You are half Jewish and therefore from another distinct religion and background.

Yet here you are angry at people who are different, just different in another way to you.

"

Multiculturalism has eroded the West, the question of Nationhood and our very culture. I don't need curry and steel drums. It doesn't enrich my life and l don't need the whole third world to arrive on my door to provide it. We once had One culture. One law. One people. The nation has never been so divided and it's because of politics like yours.

Scotland has a distinct culture and separate legal system. You are half Jewish and therefore from another distinct religion and background.

Yet here you are angry at people who are different, just different in another way to you. "

No there is no irony. My family came and integrated really well, took on British names. They mixed with Scots and became culturally Scottish. We don't see that today with Muslims. There are millions of people here with bad English skills, even years after arriving. You want MULTI-culture, which is just a bi word for no culture. Multiculture and not our culture.

West London

"No there is no irony. My family came and integrated really well, took on British names. They mixed with Scots and became culturally Scottish. We don't see that today with Muslims. There are millions of people here with bad English skills, even years after arriving. You want MULTI-culture, which is just a bi word for no culture. Multiculture and not our culture.

"

I'll leave you alone with your anger and sweeping generalisations

Does anyone else disagree with the concept that those with ill intent will manipulate whatever situation or ideology is to-hand to gain power and manipulate a population, or is it only Muslims who have done this in the history of the world?

Are all Muslims bloodthirsty?

Does anyone disagree with the parallels that I've drawn between methods used by Islamist militancy, Trump and Brexit? Before anyone gets outraged, I am not drawing parallels between their aims only the method of gathering support.

West London

Anyone can agree with me too

Babbacombe Torquay

"

Yet here you are angry at people who are different, just different in another way to you.

No there is no irony. My family came and integrated really well, took on British names. They mixed with Scots and became culturally Scottish. We don't see that today with Muslims. There are millions of people here with bad English skills, even years after arriving. You want MULTI-culture, which is just a bi word for no culture. Multiculture and not our culture.

"

There are over 300,000 Brits living in Spain....the vast majority of whom know little more than a handful of Spanish words, there are also large enclaves of Spain that invading Brits have attempted to turn into Little Britain.....go figure.

"No there is no irony. My family came and integrated really well, took on British names. They mixed with Scots and became culturally Scottish. We don't see that today with Muslims. There are millions of people here with bad English skills, even years after arriving. You want MULTI-culture, which is just a bi word for no culture. Multiculture and not our culture.

I'll leave you alone with your anger and sweeping generalisations

Does anyone else disagree with the concept that those with ill intent will manipulate whatever situation or ideology is to-hand to gain power and manipulate a population, or is it only Muslims who have done this in the history of the world?

Are all Muslims bloodthirsty?

Does anyone disagree with the parallels that I've drawn between methods used by Islamist militancy, Trump and Brexit? Before anyone gets outraged, I am not drawing parallels between their aims only the method of gathering support."

There's a real life test we could do

Are you up for it?

"

There are over 300,000 Brits living in Spain....the vast majority of whom know little more than a handful of Spanish words, there are also large enclaves of Spain that invading Brits have attempted to turn into Little Britain.....go figure.

"

Funny, you never asked me my opinion on that and it's a disengenous point because the situation is different. English is the world's language and a large chunk of that enclave are old fuckers.

Babbacombe Torquay

"

Funny, you never asked me my opinion on that and it's a disengenous point because the situation is different. English is the world's language and a large chunk of that enclave are old fuckers."

Are they lesser persons than you because they are "old fuckers"?......

Regardless of whether English is the world's language (many would argue that it's possibly Spanish), it's absolutely no different.....in fact in many ways it's the same, many British children living in Spain are often fluent in Spansh by the time they reach secondary education there, in the same way the vast majority of immigrant children in Britain soon became fluent in English.

It's your dislike of immigration into the UK that clouds your vision.....

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"

So; to summarise what you have just written: Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer...

Come on let's do this real life test and sort out who's intolerant and who isn't.

I will put on a sandwich board with a picture of Jesus on it and written underneath will be.

Jesus what a cock sucker!....I will wander around a place we agree is heavily Christian.

You will have a sandwich board on it with Muhammed, written underneath will be something simple like .

Muhammad, he's not as bad as Jimmy savile... At least he married his victims!.

I'll choose Croydon for your escapade.... You pick my designation.

Come on down, I'm willing to bet a get called a few names but come out mostly unscathed .

Babbacombe Torquay

"Come on let's do this real life test and sort out who's intolerant and who isn't.

I will put on a sandwich board with a picture of Jesus on it and written underneath will be.

Jesus what a cock sucker!....I will wander around a place we agree is heavily Christian.

You will have a sandwich board on it with Muhammed, written underneath will be something simple like .

Come on down, I'm willing to bet a get called a few names but come out mostly unscathed ."

What a sad individual you are becoming......

"Come on let's do this real life test and sort out who's intolerant and who isn't.

Come on down, I'm willing to bet a get called a few names but come out mostly unscathed .

What a sad individual you are becoming......"

You only need tolerance in a society where you see hear and read stuff you don't like...

I know, I read your nonsense on a daily basis without feeling the need to behead you

Babbacombe Torquay

What a sad individual you are becoming.......

You only need tolerance in a society where you see hear and read stuff you don't like...

I know, I read your nonsense on a daily basis without feeling the need to behead you "

As I said.....what a sad individual you are becoming.

What a sad individual you are becoming.......

I know, I read your nonsense on a daily basis without feeling the need to behead you

As I said.....what a sad individual you are becoming."

Lol, you do make me chuckle.... Come down off that high wall humpty Dumpty, all the king's men will struggle when you fall of it

" Multiculturalism has eroded the West, the question of Nationhood and our very culture. I don't need curry and steel drums. It doesn't enrich my life and l don't need the whole third world to arrive on my door to provide it. We once had One culture. One law. One people. The nation has never been so divided and it's because of politics like yours.

So; to summarise what you have just written: Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer..."

You're eighty years behind the times mate but I'll bring it bang up-to date for you with a translation from the Arabic: one people, one religion and one God...whose name is Allah. And you can swap Mein Kampf for the Koran and think of the members of the Islamic State as today's Storm troopers/Waffen SS.