FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit - when will we see the benefits?

Brexit - when will we see the benefits?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

OK, so we've got our Remainers on here who think that Brexit is xxxx bad. (Insert adjective of your choice depending on how bad you think it's going to be!)

This is to the Brexit crew:

You see Brexit as a yyyy benefit (again, insert adjective!). Got that, let's take that as read for this thread.

The question here is: what do you see the timing to be?

What sort of timescale do you see here? When do you think we'll see the benefits? When do you think Remainers will be proved wrong?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Timing? Who knows? We will have to see what happens when (if ever) article 50 is triggered. But things seem to be doing OK for now.

When will the remainers be proved wrong?

OK not exactly proof but the chief economist at the BoE made a good start the other day.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

From June 24th 2016, ie Cameron leaving and the Establishment getting a wake up call.

And lets assume that the EU doesn't collapse this year, which is possible, then I would say anywhere between 2 and 15 years

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I think 10 years from the time we actually leave the EU (if we ever do) a lot can happen in the next two or three years.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

The fact is there will never be 'benefits' from leaving the EU. There will be changes, some may well be beneficial but they will be offset by 'unbeneficial' changes.

Although we may gain a modicum of control over immigration, immigration will not reduce. What will happen is we will replace semi permanent European (white) unskilled and semi-skilled economic migrants for permanent immigrants from Africa and Asia to do the same jobs, because the employers who demand cheap imported labour will continue to demand cheap labour and native Brits will continue to refuse to live 10 to a room and work 16 hours a for a £1 an hour and 2 iffy meals day. Somehow I don't think that the majority of kippers, Britain First and the EDL had that in mind when they were voting to leave the EU.

Of course some will claim being set free of Brussels bureaucracy will free British industry to take advantage of worldwide opportunities. Of course for every opportunity that opens that way a similar one will close in the EU, and the EU is the largest market in the world, so that may not be quite the benefit it has been sold as.

All told I do not see any benefits from leaving the EU. At best things will eventually settle down after the carpet baggers have been and gone (taking a fair amount of our wealth with them) and nothing will really have changed other than we no longer have a seat at the EU begging table or a voice in Brussels where increasing more power will be concentrated. At worst we will find ourselves frozen out of the worlds largest market with many of our closest friends being turned into implacable enemies because of the damage we have done to all of them because we have had a 36 temper tantrum.

Just my opinion.

By *hree steps to heavenMan  over a year ago

Saint Albans

"OK, so we've got our Remainers on here who think that Brexit is xxxx bad. (Insert adjective of your choice depending on how bad you think it's going to be!)

This is to the Brexit crew:

You see Brexit as a yyyy benefit (again, insert adjective!). Got that, let's take that as read for this thread.

The question here is: what do you see the timing to be?

What sort of timescale do you see here? When do you think we'll see the benefits? When do you think Remainers will be proved wrong?

"

I believe over the next ten years . A lot of very repetitive manual jobs will probably become automated and as such we will have less demand for cheap unskilled labour.

We have some leading companies in the world of automation. Just look at companies such as Blue Prism.

It is sad to think that we wasted 40 years in the EU and paid more in than we got out

"The fact is there will never be 'benefits' from leaving the EU. There will be changes, some may well be beneficial but they will be offset by 'unbeneficial' changes.

Although we may gain a modicum of control over immigration, immigration will not reduce. What will happen is we will replace semi permanent European (white) unskilled and semi-skilled economic migrants for permanent immigrants from Africa and Asia to do the same jobs, because the employers who demand cheap imported labour will continue to demand cheap labour and native Brits will continue to refuse to live 10 to a room and work 16 hours a for a £1 an hour and 2 iffy meals day. Somehow I don't think that the majority of kippers, Britain First and the EDL had that in mind when they were voting to leave the EU.

Of course some will claim being set free of Brussels bureaucracy will free British industry to take advantage of worldwide opportunities. Of course for every opportunity that opens that way a similar one will close in the EU, and the EU is the largest market in the world, so that may not be quite the benefit it has been sold as.

All told I do not see any benefits from leaving the EU. At best things will eventually settle down after the carpet baggers have been and gone (taking a fair amount of our wealth with them) and nothing will really have changed other than we no longer have a seat at the EU begging table or a voice in Brussels where increasing more power will be concentrated. At worst we will find ourselves frozen out of the worlds largest market with many of our closest friends being turned into implacable enemies because of the damage we have done to all of them because we have had a 36 temper tantrum.

Just my opinion."

P.S. The world's largest economic market is the U.S. Not the EU.

moston

"P.S. The world's largest economic market is the U.S. Not the EU."

Wrong, the USA is the largest single currency economy and is bigger that the € zone, but not bigger than the EU in total.

I don't see how we will know till we leave ?

And yes I'd leave now ! This Second !

"P.S. The world's largest economic market is the U.S. Not the EU.

Wrong, the USA is the largest single currency economy and is bigger that the € zone, but not bigger than the EU in total.

"

Techically true, but a bit skewed. If I traded with France ...

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Not a lot will change, really.

We'll end up negotiating a way into the single market that means the vast majority of the hopes of brexiteers won't happen.

moston

"Not a lot will change, really.

We'll end up negotiating a way into the single market that means the vast majority of the hopes of brexiteers won't happen. "

I agree with you about the single market.

But much will change, we will lose our voice in Europe, we will lose all our opt-outs and our EU veto. We will go from calling the shots most of the time to having to do as others tell us to keep access to the single market.

To me that is a lot to lose for a hollow claim of independence.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

About 5 years after we get out of the damn thing I reckon.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

What exactly were the benefits of leaving that the Vote Leave campaign claimed?

1. Control our borders

2. Retain out EU finance contribution

3. Regain our sovereignty

I don't recall any claims about economic benefits of leaving being made at the time apart from item 2? So we need to be clear what benefits people are actually refering to?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Not a lot will change, really.

We'll end up negotiating a way into the single market that means the vast majority of the hopes of brexiteers won't happen.

I agree with you about the single market.

But much will change, we will lose our voice in Europe, we will lose all our opt-outs and our EU veto. We will go from calling the shots most of the time to having to do as others tell us to keep access to the single market.

To me that is a lot to lose for a hollow claim of independence."

this..

we will have stamped our little feet and will be allowed outside the tent, not having any say in what decisions are taking place within..

but hey, we will be 'great again' and have our country back etc etc..

» Add a new message to this topic