FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > You might have missed this recent Brexit poll

You might have missed this recent Brexit poll

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isandre OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Apparently the North East now want to remain in the EU.

In the June referendum the North East voted to Leave with 58% of the vote.

A poll in early December by the North East's Evening Chronicle shows a significant change, with 73% now wanting to stay in the EU and just 27% wanting to leave.

That is despite the Nissan assurances.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And 5 out of 6 Russian roulette players say it is safe

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

These the same pollsters that got it wrong about a Conservative election win, an Out result in the referendum and a Trump win in the USA?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

The referendum is over been done,it is a bit like changing your bet on a horse race after the race is run you cannot do it.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"The referendum is over been done,it is a bit like changing your bet on a horse race after the race is run you cannot do it."

Well, no, it's not like that at all actually.

You've asked your mates which horse you want to back... you've made your decision but you've not actually walked into the bookies yet to place the bet... and the horse hasn't even been led onto the track yet.

-Matt

Barbados

"These the same pollsters that got it wrong about a Conservative election win, an Out result in the referendum and a Trump win in the USA?"

As far as I'm aware the North East's Evening Chronicle didn't poll on the US election, so probably not.

-Matt

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

We r in the north east we avent changed our minds don't know anyone else who as don't know we're they get this shit from lol

Barbados

"We r in the north east we avent changed our minds don't know anyone else who as don't know we're they get this shit from lol"

They polled 1,500 people apparently:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/north-east-now-wants-stay-12258741

And the comments on that article make the discussions here positively enlightened

-Matt

"We r in the north east we avent changed our minds don't know anyone else who as don't know we're they get this shit from lol

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/north-east-now-wants-stay-12258741

And the comments on that article make the discussions here positively enlightened

-Matt"

A whole 1500 people? Wow. That many?

And we all know how accurate polls are.

They polled 1500 and 1000 of them just laughed

"We r in the north east we avent changed our minds don't know anyone else who as don't know we're they get this shit from lol"

Most likely from slavish remoaning EU propagandists like Blair, Mandelson, Clegg and Major.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"And 5 out of 6 Russian roulette players say it is safe"

It must be getting bad if even CandM are comparing Brexit to a bullet to the brain!

By *hree steps to heavenMan  over a year ago

Saint Albans

"The referendum is over been done,it is a bit like changing your bet on a horse race after the race is run you cannot do it."
An excellent analogy . I wish I had thought of that . I am surprised that anyone would bother listening to the polls results anyway .

Saint Albans

"The referendum is over been done,it is a bit like changing your bet on a horse race after the race is run you cannot do it.

You've asked your mates which horse you want to back... you've made your decision but you've not actually walked into the bookies yet to place the bet... and the horse hasn't even been led onto the track yet.

-Matt"

Am I missing something ?. I thought that the race was last June and that the winner was the first past the winning post .

Or has someone declared the result null and void .

Hartlepool

Well, the high court declared it merely a guide we could ignore if we want.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"Well, the high court declared it merely a guide we could ignore if we want."
....who's we..?

"They polled 1500 and 1000 of them just laughed"

Surely there.cannot be more than 1500 people in that there isolated and remote North Eastern region?

P.S. Did they do a poll of the penguins and polar bears too?

Barbados

"The referendum is over been done,it is a bit like changing your bet on a horse race after the race is run you cannot do it.

-Matt Am I missing something ?. I thought that the race was last June and that the winner was the first past the winning post .

Or has someone declared the result null and void . "

How is it that you have been on this forum and discussed so much yet somehow missed that it is not legally binding? And so far no legislation has gone through parliament to take us out. So should 'the people' change their mind and decide that it's not in the best interests to leave then that would be legally fine.

-Matt

Hartlepool

"

How is it that you have been on this forum and discussed so much yet somehow missed that it is not legally binding? And so far no legislation has gone through parliament to take us out. So should 'the people' change their mind and decide that it's not in the best interests to leave then that would be legally fine.

-Matt"

Is it because High Court Judges are experts?

Barbados

"Well, the high court declared it merely a guide we could ignore if we want.....who's we..?"

'We' can be anyone you want it to be. Seeing as there is no legal requirement to act on the result of the referendum by anyone at this point in time, it doesn't really matter who 'we' is.

-Matt

Barbados

"

-Matt

Is it because High Court Judges are experts? "

No because they are high court judges and their job is to impartially decide on cases of law.

-Matt

Saint Albans

"Well, the high court declared it merely a guide we could ignore if we want."
However who cares what the High Court say .

Surely the concept of common decency suggests that we respect the result of a vote .

Every single eligible voter in the UK as given the opportunity to decide on their future .

I have little time for overpaid High Court judges . Their salaries are a complete waste of tax payers money .

The result of the referendum is good enough for me .

What right does some fool wearing a wig have to tell us what to do.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"Well, the high court declared it merely a guide we could ignore if we want. However who cares what the High Court say .

Surely the concept of common decency suggests that we respect the result of a vote .

Every single eligible voter in the UK as given the opportunity to decide on their future .

I have little time for overpaid High Court judges . Their salaries are a complete waste of tax payers money .

What right does some fool wearing a wig have to tell us what to do. "

. ..well said.

"Well, the high court declared it merely a guide we could ignore if we want. However who cares what the High Court say .

Those 'fools' are there to uphold the law. They have the right to do that because that is what our constitution says. Who else would you prefer to decide on legal issues?

Hartlepool

Rupert Murdoch and Richard Desmond I'm guessing.

Those well known patriotic non resident tax dodging cunts.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

-Matt Am I missing something ?. I thought that the race was last June and that the winner was the first past the winning post .

-Matt"

No legislation has gone through Parliament because the government are waiting for the Supreme court's decision on the appeal. If the Supreme court rule that Royal perogative can be used then no legislation will be needed.

The Supreme court judges said at the Supreme court in December, "we are not here to overturn the result of the referendum". All the Supreme court are doing is deciding by which mechanism article 50 can be triggered.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"We r in the north east we avent changed our minds don't know anyone else who as don't know we're they get this shit from lol

-Matt"

1500 people, eh? How many were polled on 23rd June?

So anarchy is your thing then? These overpaid wig wearing fools protect us all from the fukwits in our society.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

Don't tell Nicola - she'll want to move Hadrian's Wall south and annex the NE of England into the new EU federal state of Independent Scotland.

Barbados

-Matt

1500 people, eh? How many were polled on 23rd June? "

Exactly. 1500 is not many at all.

So, what you suggesting, another referendum?

-Matt

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

possibly your most stupid post..

maybe do some research into just what having the oversight of an independent judiciary means to us..

Barbados

-Matt

No legislation has gone through Parliament because the government are waiting for the Supreme court's decision on the appeal. If the Supreme court rule that Royal perogative can be used then no legislation will be needed.

The Supreme court judges said at the Supreme court in December, "we are not here to overturn the result of the referendum". All the Supreme court are doing is deciding by which mechanism article 50 can be triggered. "

Exactly. There has been no legal commitment yet. If the govt decided that this wasn't going to work out well or that they won't get a deal that will please everyone (which they won't) then they could still decide not to leave the EU.

-Matt

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

It,s over,finished goodbye EU and thank god for that,you had your choice,the best team won .Goodnight

in Lancashire

"It,s over,finished goodbye EU and thank god for that,you had your choice,the best team won .Goodnight "

and that is just why there should have been a much wider debate and more information as to what a leave vote may entail..

its not really even started yet, that is the reality..

lytham st.annes

"It,s over,finished goodbye EU and thank god for that,you had your choice,the best team won .Goodnight

and that is just why there should have been a much wider debate and more information as to what a leave vote may entail..

its not really even started yet, that is the reality.."

Who cares

Cannock

-Matt

The Supreme court judges said at the Supreme court in December, "we are not here to overturn the result of the referendum". All the Supreme court are doing is deciding by which mechanism article 50 can be triggered.

Exactly. There has been no legal commitment yet. If the govt decided that this wasn't going to work out well or that they won't get a deal that will please everyone (which they won't) then they could still decide not to leave the EU.

-Matt"

Anyone who thinks we won't be leaving the EU now is frankly deluded. After all the expense and debate of the referendum campaigns and the government saying they would implement the result of the referendum it's clear we are going to leave. Teresa May has said Brexit means Brexit god knows how many times? There is no way she is going to do a u-turn and ignore the referendum result and go back on her word. As Prime Minister now she is committed to Brexit.

in Lancashire

"It,s over,finished goodbye EU and thank god for that,you had your choice,the best team won .Goodnight

its not really even started yet, that is the reality..Who cares "

i care and so should you..

if not for yourself for the future for our kids children..

if you voted because you didn't really care about the future as surely you knew it wasn't going to change to whatever your vision was the morning of the 24th, that is a bit sad and puzzling given the issue..

lytham st.annes

Well said,in fact very well said

Hartlepool

I'll say it again, it isn't up to the Government.

lytham st.annes

"Well said,in fact very well said "
sorry I replied to the wrong post.All my kids and their kids and their future kids voted out,what part of that can you not understand

Saint Albans

"

-Matt

Is it because High Court Judges are experts?

No because they are high court judges and their job is to impartially decide on cases of law.

-Matt"

It is difficult to see how any High Court Judge can be considered to be impartial . All they do is make a judgement on the day ( and usually at considerable expense )

Cannock

"I'll say it again, it isn't up to the Government."

I'll say it again, it isn't upto the High court or the Supreme court.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"Anyone who thinks we won't be leaving the EU now is frankly deluded. After all the expense and debate of the referendum campaigns and the government saying they would implement the result of the referendum it's clear we are going to leave. Teresa May has said Brexit means Brexit god knows how many times? There is no way she is going to do a u-turn and ignore the referendum result and go back on her word. As Prime Minister now she is committed to Brexit. "

That is not quite so.

The fact is nothing is set in stone yet, nothing is settled until article 50 is triggered, from that point on we are out and the clock will be ticking.

It is my opinion that we all know the that the longer it takes to trigger A50 the less lightly it is that A50 will be triggered. I believe that this is why the debate has become so toxic and full of half truths and outright lies.

in Lancashire

"Well said,in fact very well said sorry I replied to the wrong post.All my kids and their kids and their future kids voted out,what part of that can you not understand "

your point is a simple one, very easily understood..

that however is not what i was responding to, it was your 'who cares' comment..

keep up eh..

-Matt

-Matt

Anyone who thinks we won't be leaving the EU now is frankly deluded. After all the expense and debate of the referendum campaigns and the government saying they would implement the result of the referendum it's clear we are going to leave. Teresa May has said Brexit means Brexit god knows how many times? There is no way she is going to do a u-turn and ignore the referendum result and go back on her word. As Prime Minister now she is committed to Brexit. "

^^^^^^^^^^^

This!

We're leaving! End of! All that's left to decide is under what terms.

lytham st.annes

"Well said,in fact very well said sorry I replied to the wrong post.All my kids and their kids and their future kids voted out,what part of that can you not understand

keep up eh.. "

i,ll do a deal with you,I,ll keep up if you buck up moaning about it.You lost,get over it.I will ask you if you had won what would you have said if I kept moaning about it ?

Cannock

"Anyone who thinks we won't be leaving the EU now is frankly deluded. After all the expense and debate of the referendum campaigns and the government saying they would implement the result of the referendum it's clear we are going to leave. Teresa May has said Brexit means Brexit god knows how many times? There is no way she is going to do a u-turn and ignore the referendum result and go back on her word. As Prime Minister now she is committed to Brexit.

That is not quite so.

The fact is nothing is set in stone yet, nothing is settled until article 50 is triggered, from that point on we are out and the clock will be ticking.

It is my opinion that we all know the that the longer it takes to trigger A50 the less lightly it is that A50 will be triggered. I believe that this is why the debate has become so toxic and full of half truths and outright lies. "

The reason it's taken so long to trigger article 50 is down to the sheer incompetence of David Cameron and clueless George Osborne refusing to let the civil service develop any kind of plans for Brexit should the country vote leave.

The government and the civil service had to start from scratch on a brexit plan on June 24th. Teresa May has committed to triggering article 50 by March 31st. This tells me the plan is now in the final stages of development as that is the deadline that was given.

lytham st.annes

That,s what I meant to say well said to

We are leaving. .... get over it

"We are leaving. .... get over it"

What!!... When did this happen, nobody told me.

Where we goin?

To a much better place where we make our own decisions

"To a much better place where we make our own decisions "

My shed

I'm in the EU. I still make my decisions.

"I'm in the EU. I still make my decisions."

Starting to feel like some people here are bots. Spouting the same things over again.

"I'm in the EU. I still make my decisions."

Will you post me some French wine on the sly...

"I'm in the EU. I still make my decisions.

Starting to feel like some people here are bots. Spouting the same things over again. "

Serious question.

Where abouts in Chile are you from?

Back on track of the thread for a min...

What would of been interesting was if a poll was done asking 2 questions.

1 How did you vote "remain or leave"

2 Would you still vote the same now

Then again once we knew of what deal if any we get prior to A50

"To a much better place where we make our own decisions "

Our government makes the decisions for us, not the EU, never has been and never would be. Everything has to be agreed by all 28 member states before it can happen.

This must be the biggest misconception since the world was proved not to be flat...

Starting to feel like some people here are bots. Spouting the same things over again. .

Serious question.

Where abouts in Chile are you from?"

Never born there. I was born in the UK after my parents were exiled.

"I'm in the EU. I still make my decisions..

Will you post me some French wine on the sly..."

Ha. I'll put a message in the bottle with a fee.

"

This must be the biggest misconception since the world was proved not to be flat..."

Well... at least we won't fall off the edge when we leave

Starting to feel like some people here are bots. Spouting the same things over again. .

Serious question.

Never born there. I was born in the UK after my parents were exiled."

Oh.

Where abouts were they from?. North or south

Serious question.

Never born there. I was born in the UK after my parents were exiled..

Oh.

Where abouts were they from?. North or south"

Going off topic haha. Both south of Santiago.

Serious question.

Oh.

Going off topic haha. Both south of Santiago. "

That's interesting.

Long story short, I got into a d*unken 48hr bender with this guy I met in a bar in London many moons ago.... He was an embassy officials PA, anyhow I ended up buying some land of him south of concepcion.... Never ever seen the place or even pictures...

Anyhow I'm going there shortly for a visit, the question is how much Spanish will I need to get by?

And err what's Concepción like

It doesn't really matter about going a bit off topic, it's a conversation about something that's a bit boring and leads to better knowledge of another subject

Cannock

"To a much better place where we make our own decisions

Our government makes the decisions for us, not the EU, never has been and never would be. Everything has to be agreed by all 28 member states before it can happen.

This must be the biggest misconception since the world was proved not to be flat..."

That's just not true. Our government cannot put into place its own immigration policy. As a member of the EU we must accept the EU rules on free movement of people. Our government don't get a say in it.

Saint Albans

maybe do some research into just what having the oversight of an independent judiciary means to us..

"

I am glad that I am not a keyboard warrior who refers to other members posts as being stupid . It would be interesting to see if you would say that to someones face in real life . I cannot think of any situation in the real world where I have ever seen the necessity to refer to someone or there comments as being stupid . Using such terminolgy as stupid would of course indicate that I was incapable of expressing myself and could only resort to making derogatort comments . Exercising self control and cosideration is extemely important to me .

My knowledge ( or lack of it ) of the legal system is based on action as a ligitant in person against a large public sector organisation .

I certainly do not regard judges as being impartial and am entitled to consider the whole legal process ( based on my experience ) as being a total waste of money .

Serious question.

Oh.

Going off topic haha. Both south of Santiago. .

That's interesting.

Long story short, I got into a d*unken 48hr bender with this guy I met in a bar in London many moons ago.... He was an embassy officials PA, anyhow I ended up buying some land of him south of concepcion.... Never ever seen the place or even pictures...

Anyhow I'm going there shortly for a visit, the question is how much Spanish will I need to get by?

And err what's Concepción like "

Haha. When I last went 8 years ago it was mainly Spanish. Concepcion is a fishing coastal village. I believe it's mixed. Great places to live and some poorer areas. It's what you get in a bigger city. Good luck with that.

This must be the biggest misconception since the world was proved not to be flat...

That's just not true. Our government cannot put into place its own immigration policy. As a member of the EU we must accept the EU rules on free movement of people. Our government don't get a say in it. "

Which part of freedom of movement is not good?

Cannock

That's just not true. Our government cannot put into place its own immigration policy. As a member of the EU we must accept the EU rules on free movement of people. Our government don't get a say in it.

Which part of freedom of movement is not good? "

The lack of control. We as a country should be able to decide for ourselves the amount of people we want to let in each year. It should not be upto the EU, it should be upto our democratically elected government in Westminster.

Which part of freedom of movement is not good?

The lack of control. We as a country should be able to decide for ourselves the amount of people we want to let in each year. It should not be upto the EU, it should be upto our democratically elected government in Westminster. "

From inside the EU only? Because we have border control. I don't think we ring the EU for every person we check to see if it's OK to let them in.

Trying to understand which part is bad. Plus who agreed to the freedom of movement? Our government?

That's just not true. Our government cannot put into place its own immigration policy. As a member of the EU we must accept the EU rules on free movement of people. Our government don't get a say in it. "

Our government agreed to it in the 1st place, thats the massive point people are ignoring.

Derby

Our government agreed to it in the 1st place, thats the massive point people are ignoring."

But, once we've agreed to it, can we reverse our decision? Can we, as a sovereign nation, change our minds on freedom of movement? And if not, why not? Who's telling us what we can or can't do about freedom of movement? And how so, if we're a sovereign nation, and able to make our own decisions in our own national interest?

Our government agreed to it in the 1st place, thats the massive point people are ignoring.

But, once we've agreed to it, can we reverse our decision? Can we, as a sovereign nation, change our minds on freedom of movement? And if not, why not? Who's telling us what we can or can't do about freedom of movement? And how so, if we're a sovereign nation, and able to make our own decisions in our own national interest?"

You could say exactly the same about the referendum result couldn't you, but i guess that's different

"These the same pollsters that got it wrong about a Conservative election win, an Out result in the referendum and a Trump win in the USA?"

But, once we've agreed to it, can we reverse our decision? Can we, as a sovereign nation, change our minds on freedom of movement? And if not, why not? Who's telling us what we can or can't do about freedom of movement? And how so, if we're a sovereign nation, and able to make our own decisions in our own national interest?"

OK good point. But is there a problem with the freedom of movement? Did our government renegotiate? I assume there is a contract.

What is the problem you are experiencing with it? What is the problem the government stated?

in Lancashire

"Well said,in fact very well said sorry I replied to the wrong post.All my kids and their kids and their future kids voted out,what part of that can you not understand

keep up eh.. i,ll do a deal with you,I,ll keep up if you buck up moaning about it.You lost,get over it.I will ask you if you had won what would you have said if I kept moaning about it ?"

I said on here the day after that I accepted the result. I even naively said on here before the result that however it went it looked like being close and one side would not be happy but whomever won we would have to get on with it collectively for all our sake's..

So your totally wrong about any moaning and not accepting it..

Until it's sorted there will be differences of opinions on many areas of it. Funny enough some of the more objective minded and broader thinking leavers also have concerns..

If anyone thinks they can stifle debate by calling anyone with a different point of view a moaner then that's just an indication of naivety or they the one using such language don't have a clue or even like you don't care..

Sad and strange given the issue..

in Lancashire

I am glad that I am not a keyboard warrior who refers to other members posts as being stupid . It would be interesting to see if you would say that to someones face in real life . I cannot think of any situation in the real world where I have ever seen the necessity to refer to someone or there comments as being stupid . Using such terminolgy as stupid would of course indicate that I was incapable of expressing myself and could only resort to making derogatort comments . Exercising self control and cosideration is extemely important to me .

My knowledge ( or lack of it ) of the legal system is based on action as a ligitant in person against a large public sector organisation .

I certainly do not regard judges as being impartial and am entitled to consider the whole legal process ( based on my experience ) as being a total waste of money . "

You keep coming out with stupid comments that clearly show your knowledge is far less than you later in a post attempt to flannel up with analogies..

Your last sentence in this simply confirms to myself that your opinion in the post I responded to was stupid..

Making it up as you go along is very obvious when it's repeated and on a screen..

lytham st.annes

keep up eh.. i,ll do a deal with you,I,ll keep up if you buck up moaning about it.You lost,get over it.I will ask you if you had won what would you have said if I kept moaning about it ?

I said on here the day after that I accepted the result. I even naively said on here before the result that however it went it looked like being close and one side would not be happy but whomever won we would have to get on with it collectively for all our sake's..

Until it's sorted there will be differences of opinions on many areas of it. Funny enough some of the more objective minded and broader thinking leavers also have concerns..

If anyone thinks they can stifle debate by calling anyone with a different point of view a moaner then that's just an indication of naivety or they the one using such language don't have a clue or even like you don't care..

Sad and strange given the issue.."

Sorry ,I apologies for the comment about you moaning,but I,m just a little fed up with the amount of "get out causes" your side of the argument keep dragging up,once again my apologies

Saint Albans

I certainly do not regard judges as being impartial and am entitled to consider the whole legal process ( based on my experience ) as being a total waste of money .

You keep coming out with stupid comments that clearly show your knowledge is far less than you later in a post attempt to flannel up with analogies..

Your last sentence in this simply confirms to myself that your opinion in the post I responded to was stupid..

Making it up as you go along is very obvious when it's repeated and on a screen..

"

I do not see many people referring to other posters comments as being stupid even if they disagree with their comments . Luckily the majority of posters refrain from making such irrelevant comments .

Anyone can be a keyboard warrior and knock out a few pointless comments on their keyboard . Most members have sufficient common sense and decenty to refrain from doing so.

I am glad that throughout life I have had sufficient self control to refrain from calling someone stupid .

It would be interesting to see if you would call someone stupid in real life or does the bravo just exist on the keyboard in Cyberland ..

Barbados

keep up eh.. i,ll do a deal with you,I,ll keep up if you buck up moaning about it.You lost,get over it.I will ask you if you had won what would you have said if I kept moaning about it ?

Sad and strange given the issue..Sorry ,I apologies for the comment about you moaning,but I,m just a little fed up with the amount of "get out causes" your side of the argument keep dragging up,once again my apologies "

And I, myself, are fed up with leavers just saying "you lost get over it" or "brexit means brexit" with some unwavering belief despite no evidence that all is going well with the process. We are sat here waiting for the government to come up with a plan of how they are going to have their cake and eat it. Meanwhile all the rest of the country's problems are being sidelined, whilst effort is diverted into sorting out this mess. The government don't have a plan. Why? Because they didn't expect to win. Why? Because they didn't really want to leave. Why? Because it is not in the best interests of the country to leave. Why? Because it will be an expensive, messy, long-winded process that at the end of the day will negate any possible benefits that might have been imagined for leaving. And so in the meantime, every problem that has been a result of bad decisions of our own government and policies are being re-framed to be a problem due to our EU membership so as to justify this absurd situation.

The referendum has happened, we are going to leave. That I am not disputing. Nor, am I disputing the 'people have spoken'. That argument is past. Democracy has been well and truly fucked and the electorate hoodwinked. But that has happened, and for some reason so many people seem to be fine with it. Fine, lets move on. I've pointed out that the government don't yet have any legal mandate to do what they are doing. Yet some people think they do. Fine. I'll give up pointing out their beliefs don't tally with reality.

But yet, despite all this, the leave camp (in the majority) still think that the process by which we are leaving is all going well. Why? I just don't get it. You have 'won' your referendum and now going to get what you 'want'. I say 'want' as there is no consensus on what 'you' 'want', due to 'you' being such a massive diverse group of people who voted on a single simple question of yes to leaving the EU, but disagree on any details of what that actually means. Why are you not thoroughly fucked off with your government? Why are you not protesting in the streets? Why are you saying 'she did rather well' to an interview that your PM gave in which she answered none of the questions posed to her? Why are you so happy to just accept it? You are so fervent about leaving, but seem to not care at all about the actual process and details of what that means (in the majority, I know some leavers do).

-Matt

lytham st.annes

Sad and strange given the issue..Sorry ,I apologies for the comment about you moaning,but I,m just a little fed up with the amount of "get out causes" your side of the argument keep dragging up,once again my apologies

And I, myself, are fed up with leavers just saying "you lost get over it" or "brexit means brexit" with some unwavering belief despite no evidence that all is going well with the process. We are sat here waiting for the government to come up with a plan of how they are going to have their cake and eat it. Meanwhile all the rest of the country's problems are being sidelined, whilst effort is diverted into sorting out this mess. The government don't have a plan. Why? Because they didn't expect to win. Why? Because they didn't really want to leave. Why? Because it is not in the best interests of the country to leave. Why? Because it will be an expensive, messy, long-winded process that at the end of the day will negate any possible benefits that might have been imagined for leaving. And so in the meantime, every problem that has been a result of bad decisions of our own government and policies are being re-framed to be a problem due to our EU membership so as to justify this absurd situation.

The referendum has happened, we are going to leave. That I am not disputing. Nor, am I disputing the 'people have spoken'. That argument is past. Democracy has been well and truly fucked and the electorate hoodwinked. But that has happened, and for some reason so many people seem to be fine with it. Fine, lets move on. I've pointed out that the government don't yet have any legal mandate to do what they are doing. Yet some people think they do. Fine. I'll give up pointing out their beliefs don't tally with reality.

But yet, despite all this, the leave camp (in the majority) still think that the process by which we are leaving is all going well. Why? I just don't get it. You have 'won' your referendum and now going to get what you 'want'. I say 'want' as there is no consensus on what 'you' 'want', due to 'you' being such a massive diverse group of people who voted on a single simple question of yes to leaving the EU, but disagree on any details of what that actually means. Why are you not thoroughly fucked off with your government? Why are you not protesting in the streets? Why are you saying 'she did rather well' to an interview that your PM gave in which she answered none of the questions posed to her? Why are you so happy to just accept it? You are so fervent about leaving, but seem to not care at all about the actual process and details of what that means (in the majority, I know some leavers do).

-Matt"

The "who cares" quote was rather unfortunate of me,all I see is the merchants of.doom who predicted utmost calamities and the death of a great nation.Dont forget David Cameron even invited that man from America over to tell us we would be at the back of the queue with trades to the USA,George Osborne an emergency budget.None of those have happened,perhaps "who cares" was wrong and it should of been "fed up" with lies from all sides.I do love my country with a passion and want what is best for it,but for people to continually tell me I,m wrong is getting a bit boring now,hence the " who cares" quote

in Lancashire

Sad and strange given the issue..Sorry ,I apologies for the comment about you moaning,but I,m just a little fed up with the amount of "get out causes" your side of the argument keep dragging up,once again my apologies "

Respect for saying so and accept it ty, there's a lot of fed up on all sides of the issue so frustration is inevitable..

We seem to have well some seem to think that debate is not to be allowed or is moaning if it differ's from those who were in the majority on the question. I find that very worrying with some historical perspective's we all should have learned from..

And it's more akin to the mindset of places like north Korea than this country..

lytham st.annes

Sad and strange given the issue..Sorry ,I apologies for the comment about you moaning,but I,m just a little fed up with the amount of "get out causes" your side of the argument keep dragging up,once again my apologies

Respect for saying so and accept it ty, there's a lot of fed up on all sides of the issue so frustration is inevitable..

We seem to have well some seem to think that debate is not to be allowed or is moaning if it differ's from those who were in the majority on the question. I find that very worrying with some historical perspective's we all should have learned from..

And it's more akin to the mindset of places like north Korea than this country.."

You reply "were in the majority " do you honestly believe that,because the people I have spoken to have not changed their minds.I must apologies again because at first I believed you were instrumental in getting me 24hr bans and that appears to not be the case

in Lancashire

I do not see many people referring to other posters comments as being stupid even if they disagree with their comments . Luckily the majority of posters refrain from making such irrelevant comments .

Anyone can be a keyboard warrior and knock out a few pointless comments on their keyboard . Most members have sufficient common sense and decenty to refrain from doing so.

I am glad that throughout life I have had sufficient self control to refrain from calling someone stupid .

It would be interesting to see if you would call someone stupid in real life or does the bravo just exist on the keyboard in Cyberland ..

"

Pat after 36 years in the army and operational blue light in the capital there have been many occasions when using such terms has been the most effective means of getting through to the person..

Have also in those many years been also told that something I said was stupid..

Difference being when I was told so after my fragile ego had recovered I tended to address the reason, accept that others are not capable or willing to do similar..

It's nothing personal and we all post bollock's now n then..

in Lancashire

And it's more akin to the mindset of places like north Korea than this country.. You reply "were in the majority " do you honestly believe that,because the people I have spoken to have not changed their minds.I must apologies again because at first I believed you were instrumental in getting me 24hr bans and that appears to not be the case "

Meant the majority at the time, it's probably the case that some will change their minds as things move on depending how it pans out so it may be people on both sides will do..

Other people don't get us banned, been there and it was down to what I said at the time which was out of order ..

Don't fret on it maybe..

The Northeast Evening Chronicle got the general election wrong omg.

They polled business leaders in Newcastle.... so no change actually recorded!

Derby

But, once we've agreed to it, can we reverse our decision? Can we, as a sovereign nation, change our minds on freedom of movement? And if not, why not? Who's telling us what we can or can't do about freedom of movement? And how so, if we're a sovereign nation, and able to make our own decisions in our own national interest?

You could say exactly the same about the referendum result couldn't you, but i guess that's different "

Not really, no... and this is the reason why...

We, as a sovereign nation, could, should the government wish, choose to have another EU referendum.

We don't have a choice about freedom of movement (if we remain within the EU).

So can anyone tell me ?

Are we better off now the vote has been done ?

How come that people are getting very irate that everything isn't going faster ?

Short term are we going to get worse off ?

Only asking as I might be getting made redundant and trying to work out if I'll be better off on the dole than bothering with working myself into an early grave ? Lol

Derby

OK good point. But is there a problem with the freedom of movement? Did our government renegotiate? I assume there is a contract.

What is the problem you are experiencing with it? What is the problem the government stated?"

This from Migration Watch, which I think answers your questions. Migration Watch is an independent and non-political think tank. Other information can be seen on their website.

What is the problem?

Introduction

1. Immigration is a natural part of an open economy and society. The problem is the current scale of immigration, nearly half of it now from the EU, which is simply unsustainable.

2. Opponents of tighter immigration control try to present the debate as being either ‘for’ or ‘against’ migration. This is obviously wrong. All countries have border controls and policies about who to admit and who to turn away. The relevant policy questions are around who and how many people are good for the UK. Immigration policy, just like any other policy area, should be managed in the best interests of the UK.

3. Most migrants come here for a very understandable reason, to try to better their lives, and many make a positive contribution to our communities and to society. The issue is the scale that immigration has now reached with serious consequences for the size of our population and for the ability of our public services to cope.

The Scale of Immigration

4. High levels of net migration to the UK are a relatively recent phenomenon. The UK has always experienced periods of immigration, but never on remotely the current scale.

5. In 1997 net migration was just 47,000. In the years that followed it rose to well over 200,000 and peaked at 320,000 in 2005. Under the last Labour government (1997-2010) an extra 3.6 million foreign migrants arrived, while one million British citizens left.

6. The coalition government elected in 2010 pledged to reduce net migration to the ‘tens of thousands’. However, despite some reduction in migration from outside the European Union, overall net migration rose to a third of a million. This is largely because net migration from the EU doubled over the last Parliament due to the ongoing disparity in wealth between Eastern Europe and the UK together with the Eurozone crisis affecting Southern Europe. Net migration from the EU is now almost equal to that from outside the EU. This no doubt played an important role in the decision taken by the British people to leave the European Union.

7. Under the current Conservative government net migration now stands at an estimated 335,000 for the year ending June 2016.

Why is the current level of immigration a problem?

8. High net migration has resulted in rapid population growth. The UK population currently stands at around 65 million. The Office of National Statistics ‘high’ migration scenario, which assumes net migration of 265,000, projects that the UK population will now increase by around 500,000 a year - the equivalent to a new city the size of Liverpool every year. This is unsustainable. It would result in the population growing by nearly eight million over the next fifteen years bringing it to 73 million. The ONS state that around 75% of this increase will be down to future migrants and their children. The remaining population growth will come from the UK’s existing population, including births to immigrants already here. Population growth would not stop there. It would continue to soar towards 80 million in 25 years and keep going upwards.

9. The UK (and especially England) is already densely populated by international standards and has a chronic shortage of housing. England is twice as crowded as Germany and nearly four times as crowded as France.

10. To cope with this population increase huge amounts will have to be spent on the expansion of school places, roads, rail, health and other infrastructure. This is at a time when the government is running a budget deficit and aims to reduce public spending over the long term.

Little economic benefit for the existing population and harmful for the worse off

11. Increased migration will not generate the extra tax revenue needed to pay for such infrastructure expansion. The only major inquiry ever conducted in the UK into the economic impact of immigration was carried out by the Select Committee on Economic Affairs of the House of Lords in 2007/08. In April 2008 they reported that “The overall fiscal impact of immigration is likely to be small, though this masks significant variations across different immigrant groups." These findings have been endorsed by the OECD which found in its annual report that "estimates of the fiscal impact of immigration vary, although in most countries it tends to be small in terms of GDP and is around zero on average across OECD countries".

12. The UK economy is now in a period of economic growth that was forecast by the Office of Budget Responsibility in 2015 to continue over the next few years. Mass immigration contributes to this growth, simply because more people make for a larger economy. This is why it is common to hear the argument that immigration is good for the economy because it increases GDP. However, it does not significantly increase GDP per head so does not necessarily make for a better economy. The most recent OBR report assumed that current high levels of net migration would continue and that this additional inflow would add no more than a tenth of one per cent to GDP per head of the population. The House of Lords report previously referred to stated that "We have found no evidence for the argument, made by the government, business and many others, that net immigration - immigration minus emigration - generates significant economic benefits for the existing UK population." .

13. The growing economy is creating more employment opportunities and the numbers of both UK born and migrants in employment are growing but the large pool of labour from abroad has been associated with continued low growth in earnings as employers have not had to offer higher wages. Mass immigration is likely to be holding back wages for those in direct competition for work, which is often those who are already low paid – both British born and previous migrants alike. A study conducted by the Bank of England recently concluded that ‘the immigrant-native ratio has a significant small impact on the average occupational wage rates of that region’ and that the biggest impacts were observed in the semi and unskilled services sector.

Public Opinion

14. Public opinion is clear. A large majority (76%) of the public want to see immigration reduced. That includes voters of all ethnicities. This is hardly surprising as we all share the same concerns about housing, schools and the health service.

Integration

15. The greater the number of new arrivals, the harder it is for everyone to become fully integrated in British society. Trevor Phillips, the former head of the Equalities and Human Rights Commission, warned back in 2005 that the UK was “sleep walking into segregation”. Reasonable levels of migration are key to achieving strengthened community relations. Our paper “What can be done” explains how net migration can be bought down to lower levels.

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

This discussion is pointless. The decision has been taken and brexit, the will of the majority, will be implemented.

No if's, but's or maybe's.

Anyone thinking otherwise should head down to the bookies - you're bound to get excellent odds if you bet against brexit happening and leaving the single market.

Barbados

"This discussion is pointless. The decision has been taken and brexit, the will of the majority, will be implemented.

Anyone thinking otherwise should head down to the bookies - you're bound to get excellent odds if you bet against brexit happening and leaving the single market."

If there were no if's but's or maybe's about leaving the single market, why wouldn't May confirm that was their plan when interviewed on Sunday?

As for the bookies... I just had a look and Paddy Power have 16% odds that we won't trigger article 50 by the end of the year. Which might seem quite slim, but surprising high if there are no if's or but's. And that is just about triggering a50 by the end of the year, so given that then the probability we might not leave the single market is higher than 16% based on their view.

-Matt

"This discussion is pointless. The decision has been taken and brexit, the will of the majority, will be implemented.

Anyone thinking otherwise should head down to the bookies - you're bound to get excellent odds if you bet against brexit happening and leaving the single market.

If there were no if's but's or maybe's about leaving the single market, why wouldn't May confirm that was their plan when interviewed on Sunday?

As for the bookies... I just had a look and Paddy Power have 16% odds that we won't trigger article 50 by the end of the year. Which might seem quite slim, but surprising high if there are no if's or but's. And that is just about triggering a50 by the end of the year, so given that then the probability we might not leave the single market is higher than 16% based on their view.

-Matt"

You mean Or? Brexit not happening and leaving the single market is nearly impossible.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Anyone thinking otherwise should head down to the bookies - you're bound to get excellent odds if you bet against brexit happening and leaving the single market."

There are always ifs buts and maybe. That's how the world functions.

I get a sense that this is more the fundamental matter under discussion.

A lot of people need certainty and stability and will always be unsettled or angry without it. It's not a state of being that exists so that will always leave them upset and angry and looking for an easy solution even though all there really exists is a compromise and a bit of a muddle...

They are now bregretters lol

West London

I think that it US fair to say that migration watch is a think-tank interested in migration.

I don't think that it's any more independent or non-political than Amnesty International say.

They have an agenda and their interpretation of the data should be viewed in that context.

West London

We will leave the EU and we will not get a preferential trade deal.

I don't think that there will be an economic upside. I don't think that there will be an improvement in social inclusion either as Brexiteers blame any problems on the the "Elites" not getting the deal they should have and Remainers resenting what they've been forced into.

My problem is I just don't "believe"

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The consequences of not delivering on full brexit could be severe, in terms of civil unrest.

I'd predict a riot or ten.

Hartlepool

With a bit of luck there will be some riots and we can lock all the racist cunts up.

"

With a bit of luck there will be some riots and we can lock all the racist cunts up. "

yeah and maybe then they'll stop moaning about losing the referendum

West London

"The consequences of not delivering on full brexit could be severe, in terms of civil unrest.

I'd predict a riot or ten."

What is "full Brexit"?

The referendum asked if we should leave the EU or not. That's all. Do you know what everyone in the country wants of the 52% who voted to leave? I don't. We only actually what the remainers want.

Strange paradox.

Cambridge

"The consequences of not delivering on full brexit could be severe, in terms of civil unrest.

I'd predict a riot or ten."

Why is it always the Brexiters threatening violence?

Cambridge

"We will leave the EU and we will not get a preferential trade deal.

I don't think that there will be an economic upside. I don't think that there will be an improvement in social inclusion either as Brexiteers blame any problems on the the "Elites" not getting the deal they should have and Remainers resenting what they've been forced into.

My problem is I just don't "believe" "

You don't beLeave

What is "full Brexit"?

The referendum asked if we should leave the EU or not. That's all. Do you know what everyone in the country wants of the 52% who voted to leave? I don't. We only actually what the remainers want.

Strange paradox."

On the ballot paper there was only

, Leave the EU ,

, Stay in the EU ,

Nothing more , nothing less

So we could easily strike a deal where we retain access to the single market and keep freedom of movement while still coming out of the EU

That sorts both sides out, leavers get to "leave" so they can ride around proudly in their 350 million a week Brexit bang bus and the Remainers get the benefits of staying in the trading block.

Derby

What is "full Brexit"?

Strange paradox."

Not sure we know what remainers want... And certainly you can't say that you do.

We heard throughout the campaign, and since, about staying in a "reformed EU"... But nobody can say, nor agree, on what needs to be reformed, nor, indeed, on the reforms themselves.

Even David Cameron, before he went into his negotiations, was telling everyone the actual 'reforms' he wanted, and then claiming how successful he'd been when he got sweet FA, and in fact didn't know the detail of the key 'reform' he'd got on immigration.

Some remainers that I've spoken to would rather we were a 'full' member, with no rebate, no opt outs, Euro as our currency, etc. Others are happy 'with the way it is', and others what to stay in 'with reforms', but they all want different reforms (be they economic, social, or political). One of my remain friends would even like to see our parliament very much reduced, with all laws and regulations being made for us in Brussels.

So no, we dont actually know what remainers want either.

Cannock

"We will leave the EU and we will not get a preferential trade deal.

My problem is I just don't "believe" "

Forced into???? No one is being forced into anything, leaving the EU is all being achieved through peaceful democratic process.

Cannock

What is "full Brexit"?

Strange paradox.

On the ballot paper there was only

, Leave the EU ,

, Stay in the EU ,

Nothing more , nothing less

So we could easily strike a deal where we retain access to the single market and keep freedom of movement while still coming out of the EU

That sorts both sides out, leavers get to "leave" so they can ride around proudly in their 350 million a week Brexit bang bus and the Remainers get the benefits of staying in the trading block."

There were 2 distinct campaigns during the referendum both officially designated by the electoral commission. The Britain stronger in Europe campaign for Remain and the Vote Leave campaign for Brexit. Both campaigns broadly set out what they wanted to happen should their side win in all their campaign material. The government will take pointers from that moving forward from the side that won (which was Vote Leave). Vote Leave made it very clear we needed to leave the single market to take back control of immigration and end the free movement of people from the EU.

West London

"

Not sure we know what remainers want... And certainly you can't say that you do.

We heard throughout the campaign, and since, about staying in a "reformed EU"... But nobody can say, nor agree, on what needs to be reformed, nor, indeed, on the reforms themselves.

Even David Cameron, before he went into his negotiations, was telling everyone the actual 'reforms' he wanted, and then claiming how successful he'd been when he got sweet FA, and in fact didn't know the detail of the key 'reform' he'd got on immigration.

Some remainers that I've spoken to would rather we were a 'full' member, with no rebate, no opt outs, Euro as our currency, etc. Others are happy 'with the way it is', and others what to stay in 'with reforms', but they all want different reforms (be they economic, social, or political). One of my remain friends would even like to see our parliament very much reduced, with all laws and regulations being made for us in Brussels.

So no, we dont actually know what remainers want either."

Well golly gosh! There I was thinking that if we remained the situation would remain more a less as it was with changes happening over time with whatever negotiations happened.

At the point of voting we knew what had been negotiated and nothing else was guaranteed or expected. If you and others heard or thought otherwise then fine.

I only answered the question on the paper.

Remain means staying in the EU and maybe or maybe not negotiating changes to the relationship in the future. That was the status quo.

What does Brexit mean?

West London

"

Forced into???? No one is being forced into anything, leaving the EU is all being achieved through peaceful democratic process."

Actually, I am currently in the process of being forced into accepting longer A&E waiting times decided by a government who has failed to fund and manage the health service competently. I am not accepting this willingly, I am just accepting it, so yes I am being forced. They were democratically elected.

West London

"

There were 2 distinct campaigns during the referendum both officially designated by the electoral commission. The Britain stronger in Europe campaign for Remain and the Vote Leave campaign for Brexit. Both campaigns broadly set out what they wanted to happen should their side win in all their campaign material. The government will take pointers from that moving forward from the side that won (which was Vote Leave). Vote Leave made it very clear we needed to leave the single market to take back control of immigration and end the free movement of people from the EU. "

Really? Was Nigel Farage in the official leave campaign? I seem to remember hearing a lot from him and some posters.

We're the Murdoch owned newspapers part of the official leave campaign? I think that they gave their opinions quite strongly.

There were a number of blogs and websites that were not part of the official leave campaign.

There were various friends and relatives and work colleagues and people in pubs who were not part of the official leave campaign.

It's possible that everyone who voted limited there information to that from the official campaigns. I doubt it somehow.

Grantham

"

Forced into???? No one is being forced into anything, leaving the EU is all being achieved through peaceful democratic process.

Actually, I am currently in the process of being forced into accepting longer A&E waiting times decided by a government who has failed to fund and manage the health service competently. I am not accepting this willingly, I am just accepting it, so yes I am being forced. They were democratically elected."

Easy target there! The woman I share a house with has worked for the NHS since 1967, has seen many changes, and even today, she says that money is not the answer.

West London

"

There were 2 distinct campaigns during the referendum both officially designated by the electoral commission. The Britain stronger in Europe campaign for Remain and the Vote Leave campaign for Brexit. Both campaigns broadly set out what they wanted to happen should their side win in all their campaign material. The government will take pointers from that moving forward from the side that won (which was Vote Leave). Vote Leave made it very clear we needed to leave the single market to take back control of immigration and end the free movement of people from the EU.

"

Enjoy

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36641390

Saint Albans

"

With a bit of luck there will be some riots and we can lock all the racist cunts up. "

Charming language . However I always assume that anyone who refers to someone as being a racist is themselves a racist.

West London

"

Actually, I am currently in the process of being forced into accepting longer A&E waiting times decided by a government who has failed to fund and manage the health service competently. I am not accepting this willingly, I am just accepting it, so yes I am being forced. They were democratically elected.

Easy target there! The woman I share a house with has worked for the NHS since 1967, has seen many changes, and even today, she says that money is not the answer.

"

I'm still being forced to accept the change in waiting times, which is the point that I'm making.

Did you miss the phrase "Fund AND MANAGE"?

West London

"

"

Let me put it yet another way. Do you know what the government will be negotiating to achieve in leaving the EU?

Grantham

"

I'm still being forced to accept the change in waiting times, which is the point that I'm making.

Did you miss the phrase "Fund AND MANAGE"?"

As are we all. What has it got to do with Brexit?

West London

"

As are we all. What has it got to do with Brexit?"

I am responding to the initial response to my post about being forced to accept Brexit by using an example to illustrate that you can be forced into accepting things against your will in a democratic process.

Is that a method of debate that I am allowed to employ?

Grantham

"

As are we all. What has it got to do with Brexit?

I am responding to the initial response to my post about being forced to accept Brexit by using an example to illustrate that you can be forced into accepting things against your will in a democratic process.

Is that a method of debate that I am allowed to employ?"

Of course, everyone's opinion is equally as valid.

You could take advantage of the free movement of EU citizens and move to one of the other 27 member countries where you will not be forced to accept anything. Just a thought.

Cannock

"

Really? Was Nigel Farage in the official leave campaign? I seem to remember hearing a lot from him and some posters.

We're the Murdoch owned newspapers part of the official leave campaign? I think that they gave their opinions quite strongly.

There were a number of blogs and websites that were not part of the official leave campaign.

There were various friends and relatives and work colleagues and people in pubs who were not part of the official leave campaign.

It's possible that everyone who voted limited there information to that from the official campaigns. I doubt it somehow."

Farage, the Murdoch owned newspapers, other websites and blogs you mentioned all broadly agreed with what Vote Leave put forward in their campaign material yes.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"

It's possible that everyone who voted limited there information to that from the official campaigns. I doubt it somehow.

Farage, the Murdoch owned newspapers, other websites and blogs you mentioned all broadly agreed with what Vote Leave put forward in their campaign material yes. "

Yes and the BBC and Guardian broadly agreed with Vote Remain too.

West London

"

Farage, the Murdoch owned newspapers, other websites and blogs you mentioned all broadly agreed with what Vote Leave put forward in their campaign material yes. "

Righto. If you feel that you know the intentions and expectations of all those who voted leave and feel that the opinions of the very large portion of the population who voted to remain are not worthy of further consideration that is fine.

If you feel that this does not display a similar level of arrogance to "the liberal elite" then that is also fine.

Please be unambiguous about your position and write the words; "I know what all those who wanted to leave want from Brexit and don't think that those who wanted to remain should have their views considered".

Derby

"

Well golly gosh! There I was thinking that if we remained the situation would remain more a less as it was with changes happening over time with whatever negotiations happened.

At the point of voting we knew what had been negotiated and nothing else was guaranteed or expected. If you and others heard or thought otherwise then fine.

Remain means staying in the EU and maybe or maybe not negotiating changes to the relationship in the future."

And there you have it....

You only answered the question on the paper. ... As did everyone else... The question being... Remain, or Leave.

But you voted to remain even though you didn't know what may or may not be negotiated with the EU in the future if we'd voted to remain....

Pot, Kettle, and Black springs to mind.

Hartlepool

"

Remain means staying in the EU and maybe or maybe not negotiating changes to the relationship in the future.

You only answered the question on the paper. ... As did everyone else... The question being... Remain, or Leave.

But you voted to remain even though you didn't know what may or may not be negotiated with the EU in the future if we'd voted to remain....

"

You are round the twist with what you think is logic.

People who voted Remain aren't happy with everything about the EU, but on balance they will take it as the pro's outweigh the cons. They would like to change some things and being part of the EU offers that opportunity to influence opinion to change. A lot of countries do follow our lead.

Being outside the negotiations means minimal influence. It's simple logic.

However, if we don't get changes we aren't that bothered as on the whole we are still better off than the disaster of leaving.

So we had a fairly good idea of what we were voting for.

Whereas you were not presented with any idea of what you were voting FOR, despite many months of campaigning and about 25 years for UKIP to actually come up with a plan to reflect their entire reason for existance.

Do you know how I know that? Because 28 weeks later you still don't know.

That is why I will continue you call you all fucking stupid. No matter how intelligent you are.

You aren't stupid for wanting out of the EU necessarily - I happen to think you are wrong but that is by the by - you are stupid because you voted for something unknown. Half the Brexit voters wanted Hard Brexit, half want to stay in the single market. So half of you will feel cheated and betrayed. That is your fault for following such a bunch of incompetent, deceitful dickheads in the first place. They should have set out clearly what people voting to Leave the EU were getting instead, but they didn't partly because they are too thick to realise details matter and partly because they knew they could not win otherwise, so would rather win on a lie because the merits of the case weren't good enough.

Maibe some should check the rules before posting lol.

"

Remain means staying in the EU and maybe or maybe not negotiating changes to the relationship in the future.

You are round the twist with what you think is logic.

People who voted Remain aren't happy with everything about the EU, but on balance they will take it as the pro's outweigh the cons. They would like to change some things and being part of the EU offers that opportunity to influence opinion to change. A lot of countries do follow our lead.

Being outside the negotiations means minimal influence. It's simple logic.

However, if we don't get changes we aren't that bothered as on the whole we are still better off than the disaster of leaving.

So we had a fairly good idea of what we were voting for.

Whereas you were not presented with any idea of what you were voting FOR, despite many months of campaigning and about 25 years for UKIP to actually come up with a plan to reflect their entire reason for existance.

Do you know how I know that? Because 28 weeks later you still don't know.

That is why I will continue you call you all fucking stupid. No matter how intelligent you are.

You aren't stupid for wanting out of the EU necessarily - I happen to think you are wrong but that is by the by - you are stupid because you voted for something unknown. Half the Brexit voters wanted Hard Brexit, half want to stay in the single market. So half of you will feel cheated and betrayed. That is your fault for following such a bunch of incompetent, deceitful dickheads in the first place. They should have set out clearly what people voting to Leave the EU were getting instead, but they didn't partly because they are too thick to realise details matter and partly because they knew they could not win otherwise, so would rather win on a lie because the merits of the case weren't good enough. Written by a person who doesn't even know what sex they are,laughable"

Just read this and it is totally out of order

You should apologise now !!!

Lets keep to politics and the questions posted shall we

West London

"

Of course, everyone's opinion is equally as valid.

You could take advantage of the free movement of EU citizens and move to one of the other 27 member countries where you will not be forced to accept anything. Just a thought."

Why even say that? What did that add? How was that helpful?