FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > How many times??

How many times??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

How many times do EU leaders need to tell us there will be no negotiation on free movement of people before the UK government listens?

Several more times I think! I bet Merkel is getting pissed off with having to repeatedly say "no means no".

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

They are still in campaign mode, instead of facing up to the realities and getting on with a plan.

I think there should be another referendum to give them some further guidance.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't watch much of it on the news to be honest.... What's the story?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"How many times do EU leaders need to tell us there will be no negotiation on free movement of people before the UK government listens?

Several more times I think! I bet Merkel is getting pissed off with having to repeatedly say "no means no". "

And how many times does our government and Prime Minister Teresa May have to tell the EU that Britain will take back control of its borders and immigration.

From the interview Teresa May gave on sky news yesterday it sounds like she is prepared to leave the single market if that is what it takes. I applaud Teresa May because I'd like to see a hard brexit where we leave the single market anyway.

It's funny that you single out Angela Merkel in your post though as if she is the spokesperson for the EU? You repeatedly tell us all in many posts on several different threads that Germany/Merkel has no more power than anyone else in the EU, if that is the case then why mention her in your post?

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

It could have been a master stroke by TM yesterday to say we may well leave the single market so we can have total say over our borders instead of saying we want to stay in it at any cost, perhaps she feels the EU will not want tariffs on trade any more than we do so to say, bring on tariffs if you want but we arent having free movement puts the EU on the back foot.

All these statements are just posturing at the moment regardless of which side is saying them

By *LCC OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"How many times do EU leaders need to tell us there will be no negotiation on free movement of people before the UK government listens?

Several more times I think! I bet Merkel is getting pissed off with having to repeatedly say "no means no".

And how many times does our government and Prime Minister Teresa May have to tell the EU that Britain will take back control of its borders and immigration.

From the interview Teresa May gave on sky news yesterday it sounds like she is prepared to leave the single market if that is what it takes. I applaud Teresa May because I'd like to see a hard brexit where we leave the single market anyway.

It's funny that you single out Angela Merkel in your post though as if she is the spokesperson for the EU? You repeatedly tell us all in many posts on several different threads that Germany/Merkel has no more power than anyone else in the EU, if that is the case then why mention her in your post? "

I mention Merkel, because she has had to come out today to make the same statement AGAIN!

May yesterday said she would control immigration. Everyone understood that to mean leaving the Single Market. The Pound crashes to a two month low. May then has to put out a statement saying we might NOT leave the Single Market.

What a cluster fuck.

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

We won't even leave the EU, let alone the Single Market. It isn't even down to Theresa May, but Parliament.

No-one seems bothered about immigration anymore.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

It's funny that you single out Angela Merkel in your post though as if she is the spokesperson for the EU? You repeatedly tell us all in many posts on several different threads that Germany/Merkel has no more power than anyone else in the EU, if that is the case then why mention her in your post?

I mention Merkel, because she has had to come out today to make the same statement AGAIN!

May yesterday said she would control immigration. Everyone understood that to mean leaving the Single Market. The Pound crashes to a two month low. May then has to put out a statement saying we might NOT leave the Single Market.

What a cluster fuck."

Merkel didn't have to come out and say anything, she could've just kept her gob shut. You keep telling us Germany/Merkel has no more power or influence than anyone else in the EU, so why was it her who came out and made a statement then?

I expect the FTSE 100 will break more records and rise even higher if the pound has dropped a bit more, so there are positives and negatives.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Several more times I think! I bet Merkel is getting pissed off with having to repeatedly say "no means no". "

Swap "EU leaders" for "UK government."

Boring, isn't it?

By *hree steps to heavenMan  over a year ago

Saint Albans

However we do not have to bother about what Merkel says . She will probably be kicked out of office shortly anyway so why would anyone care what she has to say .

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Merkel has an election to win.

Soundbites are cheap as chips for a politician.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

This thread is proof that the whole subject is getting very very boring,there is really no news on Brexit and will not be for a time,lets worry about the NHS now,that is more current

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"This thread is proof that the whole subject is getting very very boring,there is really no news on Brexit and will not be for a time,lets worry about the NHS now,that is more current"

It is all the same.

Germany and the EU say no access to the free market without free movement of labour. Tories say 'no' we will have what we want and EU will have to take it.

Red Cross say NHS crisis is now a humanitarian crisis. Tory shit in charge says 'no' its the fault of patients and the rules are not the rules because he says.

Prison officers say prisons are dangerous, Tories say they are not even tho there are multiple riots...

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Several more times I think! I bet Merkel is getting pissed off with having to repeatedly say "no means no". However we do not have to bother about what Merkel says . She will probably be kicked out of office shortly anyway so why would anyone care what she has to say .

"

Yep you just beat me to that one.

Still waiting to hear what the OP has to say about the BoE economist (expert) though.

Hmmm. Same OP.

» Add a new message to this topic