FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit - China

Brexit - China

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *isandre OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

Brexit : Chinese official said : "UK is the door to European markets. With no access to Single Market It's just a door"

Doesn't sound like China will be queuing up to get a Trade deal done quickly unless we prioritise the Single Market over restricting free movement.

Time to rethink, Brexiters, as another one of your assumptions is shown to be divorced from the reality the rest of the world lives in.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Why did they need us as a 'door' to the European markets?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Brexit : Chinese official said : "UK is the door to European markets. With no access to Single Market It's just a door"

Doesn't sound like China will be queuing up to get a Trade deal done quickly unless we prioritise the Single Market over restricting free movement.

Time to rethink, Brexiters, as another one of your assumptions is shown to be divorced from the reality the rest of the world lives in."

USA seems to be thinking differently. Donald Trump aides told foreign secretary Boris Johnson while on his visit to the states a couple of days ago that they want a Uk/USA trade deal and fast.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

So with the trade balance massively in China's favour, are they going to stop trading with us?

And a door to Europe? What does that mean exactly? Aren't Rotterdam and Antwerp doors as well.

Business and politics are entirely alien bedfellows.

And why go through the 'door' of a Pound using country to access Euro using countries? More nonsense

By *aro7Man  over a year ago

wickford

I get a bit miffed by all the things that are going on, we have to make the best of this. China, well pretty much everything we buy is from this awful country that pollutes this planet to levels that is outrageous, and exploits it's work force and I can't see what huge problems are really going to occur as Europe need us just as much as we need them, they need our money like we need theirs, can you imagine if we didn't buy cars from Germany, most people aspire to owning a nice car and most of those people would want a German made car, that industry is huge, uncertain times are ahead for a while, but if we work at it it will find it's level, settle and stabilise then we move forward, I didn't want to leave the EU as such but as soon as mainland Europe wanted it to be one large unit, to me it felt like recipe for disaster, thank god we didn't join the euro, what we had for years before this, free trade and every country in control of their own council and their own currency worked, it's seems to me we have ideaology but the fact is that doesn't always prove to be reality, lets all pull together, be proud, be strong lets all make this work, this is not the end of the world, this can work for all countries here, peace and love,

By *aro7Man  over a year ago

wickford

Oh yeah happy swinging people,

Hartlepool

According to the FT

'CHINA SIGNALS END OF 'GOLDEN AGE' FOR UK TIES

Beijing has cooled on a series of high-profile projects aimed at fostering closer ties with the UK as concerns mount that the "golden age" between the two countries lauded by the previous British government has waned.'

Doesn't sound like good news to me particularly.

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"According to the FT

Beijing has cooled on a series of high-profile projects aimed at fostering closer ties with the UK as concerns mount that the "golden age" between the two countries lauded by the previous British government has waned.'

Doesn't sound like good neto me particularly."

... So have they cancelled building the nuclear power station in Kent.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"According to the FT

Doesn't sound like good neto me particularly.... So have they cancelled building the nuclear power station in Kent.

"

I wasn't aware they were planning on building one in Kent... but alas Hinkley Point is still going ahead... so we have the joy of picking up the tab for that soon.

-Matt

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

"Brexit : Chinese official said : "UK is the door to European markets. With no access to Single Market It's just a door"

Time to rethink, Brexiters, as another one of your assumptions is shown to be divorced from the reality the rest of the world lives in.

USA seems to be thinking differently. Donald Trump aides told foreign secretary Boris Johnson while on his visit to the states a couple of days ago that they want a Uk/USA trade deal and fast. "

Do you think it's possible Trump may say anything which strengthens his own negotiations down the line?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"

USA seems to be thinking differently. "

Do they? Or do they see brexit as a golden opportunity for US businesses to strip even more wealth out of the UK? And Boris and the tories as greedy bumbling dolts that they can easily buy off with small bribes?

"According to the FT

Doesn't sound like good news to me particularly."

It does to me...our balance of payments with China is a massive deficit. Add to that that most of the stuff coming from there that isn't fake, is substandard crap then we can do without it!

China is taking the piss out of most of the world...by tempting them with promises of a "huge" market. The Chinese market is virtually closed by the totalitarian communist state. All they want to do is flood our markets and take our companies over...

Hartlepool

"

USA seems to be thinking differently.

Do they? Or do they see brexit as a golden opportunity for US businesses to strip even more wealth out of the UK? And Boris and the tories as greedy bumbling dolts that they can easily buy off with small bribes?"

Wilbur Ross urged Britain’s rivals to exploit the “God-given opportunity” of Brexit to take business away from the UK.

Donald Trump appointed him trade chief.

» Add a new message to this topic