FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > 11/10 that The Trumpster won't see out his first term

11/10 that The Trumpster won't see out his first term

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

First year I reckon.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"First year I reckon."

The odds on Remain winning the EU referendum and Hillary Clinton winning the US Presidential election were also odds on favourites at the bookies. Both turned out to be wrong. I had a bet on Leave winning the EU referendum against the odds at William Hill and picked up a nice little pay packet on June 24th.

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"First year I reckon."

there is already a "trump" thread and a "trumps enugeration" thread on here.

stop creating duplicate threads when your comment of trump not lasting a year could easily have gone into one of those.

North West

[Removed by poster at 13/01/17 08:09:23]

North West

"First year I reckon.

stop creating duplicate threads when your comment of trump not lasting a year could easily have gone into one of those."

Wow forum Police.

Look in the News. It is a News item. Odds on Donald Trump not lasting out his first term are 12/10. That is not my comment it is a News item.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"First year I reckon.

stop creating duplicate threads when your comment of trump not lasting a year could easily have gone into one of those.

Wow forum Police.

Look in the News. It is a News item. Odds on Donald Trump not lasting out his first term are 12/10. That is not my comment it is a News item."

The odds of someone attempting to assassinate him are 2/1 .

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

With Le Pen, Merkel and Trump heavily on the agenda this year, there could be some tasty political bet accumulators around!

Those in the know, fill your boots!

"First year I reckon.

stop creating duplicate threads when your comment of trump not lasting a year could easily have gone into one of those."

Jesus fucking christ there are dozens of brexit threads.Bitch on those.Do you control the content on this forum? If not wind your neck in son .

"With Le Pen, Merkel and Trump heavily on the agenda this year, there could be some tasty political bet accumulators around!

Those in the know, fill your boots!"

I know a fella who had trump, brexit and Leicester to win.Good pay day

liverpool

"First year I reckon.

stop creating duplicate threads when your comment of trump not lasting a year could easily have gone into one of those. Jesus fucking christ there are dozens of brexit threads.Bitch on those.Do you control the content on this forum? If not wind your neck in son . "

the moderators are for ever deleting multiple threads over in the lounge.

The politics forum shouldnt be an exception.

So wind your own neck and stop white knighting.

"First year I reckon.

stop creating duplicate threads when your comment of trump not lasting a year could easily have gone into one of those. Jesus fucking christ there are dozens of brexit threads.Bitch on those.Do you control the content on this forum? If not wind your neck in son .

So wind your own neck and stop white knighting."

Get your mod then keyboard warrior.

liverpool

"First year I reckon.

stop creating duplicate threads when your comment of trump not lasting a year could easily have gone into one of those. Jesus fucking christ there are dozens of brexit threads.Bitch on those.Do you control the content on this forum? If not wind your neck in son .

So wind your own neck and stop white knighting. Get your mod then keyboard warrior."

only keyboard warrior here is you bob.

trying to be patronising calling me son.

Grow up

"First year I reckon.

So wind your own neck and stop white knighting. Get your mod then keyboard warrior.

Grow up"

I have no interest in controlling content.No one died and made me god of the forums.So if you dont like a thread dont comment simples.Move along nothing to see here.

liverpool

"First year I reckon.

So wind your own neck and stop white knighting. Get your mod then keyboard warrior.

Grow upI have no interest in controlling content.No one died and made me god of the forums.So if you dont like a thread dont comment simples.Move along nothing to see here. "

I merely pointed out that there is 2 other trump threads near the top of the political forums.

it didnt need a 3rd when the content if the 3rd could easily have been put in one of the others.

We have 2 options here bob...we can carry on arguing and from what I've learnt is that no one wins an argument on the internet, just two losers that resort to insults.

Option 2 is one of us can walk away and stop posting.

so I'll choose to do that.

you can call that a victory to you if you want to, I really couldn't care less.

have a nice day bob.

"First year I reckon.

Grow upI have no interest in controlling content.No one died and made me god of the forums.So if you dont like a thread dont comment simples.Move along nothing to see here.

I merely pointed out that there is 2 other trump threads near the top of the political forums.

it didnt need a 3rd when the content if the 3rd could easily have been put in one of the others.

We have 2 options here bob...we can carry on arguing and from what I've learnt is that no one wins an argument on the internet, just two losers that resort to insults.

Option 2 is one of us can walk away and stop posting.

so I'll choose to do that.

you can call that a victory to you if you want to, I really couldn't care less.

have a nice day bob. "

Enjoy

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I posted before that I don't think he will see the year out. He will self combust, something terrible will happen to him or illhealth.

I don't think he's gonna make it as far as being sworn in.

"I posted before that I don't think he will see the year out. He will self combust, something terrible will happen to him or illhealth. "
Heart attack is a possibility. Hes is so thin skinned and angry.Rage will get him before anyones bullet.

By *hree steps to heavenMan  over a year ago

Saint Albans

"First year I reckon."
From reading the newspapers today his popularity is rising , so I guess he will last a long time .

I can see no logical reason as to why he would last less than a year , especially when we _iew all the things that he has achieved on life .

"First year I reckon.

Wow forum Police.

Look in the News. It is a News item. Odds on Donald Trump not lasting out his first term are 12/10. That is not my comment it is a News item. The odds of someone attempting to assassinate him are 2/1 ."

I got 1000-1 on Bernie Sanders way before he was even in the limelight..... He would have battered trump in the election but I don't let the DNC cheating fuckers and Hillary Clinton make me bitter...... Much

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"First year I reckon. From reading the newspapers today his popularity is rising , so I guess he will last a long time .

I can see no logical reason as to why he would last less than a year , especially when we _iew all the things that he has achieved on life . "

You really do live in a totally parallel universe, don't you?

-Matt

By *hree steps to heavenMan  over a year ago

Saint Albans

"First year I reckon. From reading the newspapers today his popularity is rising , so I guess he will last a long time .

I can see no logical reason as to why he would last less than a year , especially when we _iew all the things that he has achieved on life .

-Matt"

I am happy to accept his achievements and his rise in popularity . Is there any reason why we I should not?

Barbados

-Matt I am happy to accept his achievements and his rise in popularity . Is there any reason why we I should not? "

No, you go right ahead if you want.

I'd rather remain in a world in which serial bankruptcy is not seen as a sign of business success. That thinking it is OK to grab women by the pussy is not acceptable. In a world in which lies and deceit are not celebrated.

Alas, I feel my world is vanishing.

-Matt

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"The odds of someone attempting to assassinate him are 2/1 ."

Won't be assassinated, people are wising up to the dangers of a Mike pence presidency

Can absolutely see him being impeached....

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Dont forget, Trump will surround himself with the best of the best, for example Dr Ben Carson, Trumps nominee for Secretary of Housing and Urban Development said during his confirmation hearing “it will not be my intention to do anything to benefit any American”

"First year I reckon.

Wow forum Police.

Look in the News. It is a News item. Odds on Donald Trump not lasting out his first term are 12/10. That is not my comment it is a News item. The odds of someone attempting to assassinate him are 2/1 ..

"

Next Friday at 5pm he gets his hands on the big button and the nuke codes.....can you quote odds on the rest of the world lasting out a first term?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

I can see no logical reason as to why he would last less than a year , especially when we _iew all the things that he has achieved on life . "

Yes he's achieved a lot, like multiple bankruptcies and ending up with less than he started with ( in real terms). He's a reality show persona with more money than sense ( this also applied when he was bankrupt).

Will he last the year? Possibly, but you can bet that the republican party has plan b ready in case they have to off load him.

Well he wants to be friends with Russia !

That's safer than wanting to be enemys !

Thornaby

"Well he wants to be friends with Russia !

That's safer than wanting to be enemys !"

Depends if you live in Poland the Ukraine Georgia or some other bit of land Putin has his eyes on

Barbados

That's safer than wanting to be enemys !"

Alas I got to my destination before I got to hear the debate, but on R4 last night there was some point of _iew program in which an audience member asked:

"Is it and advantage or disadvantage to be a friend of Putin?".

-Matt

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Depends if you live in Poland the Ukraine Georgia or some other bit of land Putin has his eyes on"

Exactly. Many people seem completely unaware of why being pals with Russia is potentially dangerous. Putin doesn't want to be friends with Trump to be nice, he wants Trump to look the other way the next time Russian tanks go on a little jaunt.

It will interesting if Trump will remove the forces the US have deployed into poland.Russia is waiting to see if their man pulls back before they react to the deployments.If he pulls out then we know and russia knows the EU will be on their own.

Cannock

Depends if you live in Poland the Ukraine Georgia or some other bit of land Putin has his eyes on

Exactly. Many people seem completely unaware of why being pals with Russia is potentially dangerous. Putin doesn't want to be friends with Trump to be nice, he wants Trump to look the other way the next time Russian tanks go on a little jaunt. "

As long as the EU doesn't go backing any more coups and overthrowing democratically elected governments in countries on Russia's borders then there won't be any problems. Maybe the EU learnt it's lesson from Ukraine? (I wouldn't bet on it though the stupidity of the fuckwits in the EU knows no bounds).

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

Exactly. Many people seem completely unaware of why being pals with Russia is potentially dangerous. Putin doesn't want to be friends with Trump to be nice, he wants Trump to look the other way the next time Russian tanks go on a little jaunt.

As long as the EU doesn't go backing any more coups and overthrowing democratically elected governments in countries on Russia's borders then there won't be any problems. Maybe the EU learnt it's lesson from Ukraine? (I wouldn't bet on it though the stupidity of the fuckwits in the EU knows no bounds). "

liverpool

Exactly. Many people seem completely unaware of why being pals with Russia is potentially dangerous. Putin doesn't want to be friends with Trump to be nice, he wants Trump to look the other way the next time Russian tanks go on a little jaunt. "

maybe russia and the rest of the world shouldnt look the other way the next time the west start deploying troops or US drones "go on a little jaunt" for their next "regime change" target.

russia and china already intervened and vetoed regime change in 2012/13 hence whythey had to resort to arming and funding syrian rebels to destabalise the country.

The west are raping these middle east countrys of their resources whilst no one bats an eye lid but the second russia takes back crimea which was once part of Russia because the west start interfering with ukraine and bscking a coup everyone starts crying.

liverpool

"It will interesting if Trump will remove the forces the US have deployed into poland.Russia is waiting to see if their man pulls back before they react to the deployments.If he pulls out then we know and russia knows the EU will be on their own."

nonsense.

if he pulls the troops out then we will know and russia will know he doesnt want a conflict or a war.

Which is you know A GOOD thing.

russia dont want land or to take over other countries.

people and the media need to quit with that narrative because its completely false.

Thornaby

As long as the EU doesn't go backing any more coups and overthrowing democratically elected governments in countries on Russia's borders then there won't be any problems. Maybe the EU learnt it's lesson from Ukraine? (I wouldn't bet on it though the stupidity of the fuckwits in the EU knows no bounds). "

Right, so it's all the EU fault? You are aware that the revolution in the Ukraine was actually a Ukrainian thing, by Ukrainians who were sick of the Russian interventions in their country which spans some 300 years, you are aware of that?

Thornaby

"It will interesting if Trump will remove the forces the US have deployed into poland.Russia is waiting to see if their man pulls back before they react to the deployments.If he pulls out then we know and russia knows the EU will be on their own.

nonsense.

if he pulls the troops out then we will know and russia will know he doesnt want a conflict or a war.

people and the media need to quit with that narrative because its completely false."

Russia doesn't want land or to take over other countries? The last 800 years just a one off then? Interference and direct invasion just someone getting an email wrong? Misreading a map?

liverpool

"It will interesting if Trump will remove the forces the US have deployed into poland.Russia is waiting to see if their man pulls back before they react to the deployments.If he pulls out then we know and russia knows the EU will be on their own.

nonsense.

people and the media need to quit with that narrative because its completely false.

Russia doesn't want land or to take over other countries? The last 800 years just a one off then? Interference and direct invasion just someone getting an email wrong? Misreading a map?"

Wow you are really going to go back 800 years ?

In that case we the British empire are guilty, the natives that lived in america that had all their lands taken off them.

Seriously if you want to use a 800 year scale from then to now...Russia are complete saints to what we have done.

What an absolutely foolish comment.

Thornaby

nonsense.

Russia doesn't want land or to take over other countries? The last 800 years just a one off then? Interference and direct invasion just someone getting an email wrong? Misreading a map?

In that case we the British empire are guilty, the natives that lived in america that had all their lands taken off them.

Seriously if you want to use a 800 year scale from then to now...Russia are complete saints to what we have done.

What an absolutely foolish comment."

And what a short sighted and ignorant _iew. No Russia, in its various guises has never been saintly, far from it. Now I could demonstrate who the way the Russian state rules and _iews the rest of the world has and is absolutely consistent across that time span up to and including Putin, however I doubt it would be of much use in the face of wilful ignorance and stupidity.

liverpool

nonsense.

And what a short sighted and ignorant _iew. No Russia, in its various guises has never been saintly, far from it. Now I could demonstrate who the way the Russian state rules and _iews the rest of the world has and is absolutely consistent across that time span up to and including Putin, however I doubt it would be of much use in the face of wilful ignorance and stupidity. "

Sorry only ignorant and stupidity i see is your posts.

Fine lets have it your way...lets have a full scale war with Russia as seems like a few people on here want..

Bye bye world as an exchange of nukes would be the final out come.

How about we just let trump come in...ease relations with Russia and see how we are in a year or 2 or 3 and give peace a chance instead of wanting conflict.

Ffs cant get my head around some of you people.

Cambridge

nonsense.

And what a short sighted and ignorant _iew. No Russia, in its various guises has never been saintly, far from it. Now I could demonstrate who the way the Russian state rules and _iews the rest of the world has and is absolutely consistent across that time span up to and including Putin, however I doubt it would be of much use in the face of wilful ignorance and stupidity.

Fine lets have it your way...lets have a full scale war with Russia as seems like a few people on here want..

How about we just let trump come in...ease relations with Russia and see how we are in a year or 2 or 3 and give peace a chance instead of wanting conflict.

Ffs cant get my head around some of you people."

That's because you incorrectly assume we want an all out war with Russia. I have never seen anyone propose that on here.

liverpool

It was the US that walked out of the ABM treaty in 2002 a treaty that was important and vital.

"Back in 2007, Putin informed the Western world that Russia will develop its weaponry to counter US advances. This was said in response to the US missile defense system that was starting to be developed at the time (previously prohibited in international law.)

With the NATO missile defense system on Russia’s doorstep – the threat to international security is very real; not that you would know it via mainstream Murdoch media.

In 2002, the United States unilaterally and without consultation, withdrew from the landmark Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty. President George W. Bush noted that the treaty is “now behind us,” describing the ABM Treaty as a Cold War relic.

Signed in 1972, the ABM Treaty barred both the US and the USSR from deploying national defenses against long-range ballistic missiles. The treaty was based on the premise that if either superpower constructed a strategic defense, the other would build up its offensive nuclear forces to offset the defense.

The superpowers would therefore quickly be put on a path toward a never-ending offensive-defensive arms race, as each tried to balance its counterpart’s actions. Until Bush took office, the Treaty was referred to as a “cornerstone of strategic stability” because it facilitated later agreements, reducing U.S. and Russian strategic nuclear arsenals.

The US, assuming that a weakened Russia will never again be in a position to counter US hegemonic power, proceeded to encroach on Russia’s borders through its manipulation of NATO objectives.

Today, there is no instrument in international law that prevents the possibility of mutually assured destruction. Putin has been sending out warnings for over 10 years – all of which fell on deaf ears."

Cannock

As long as the EU doesn't go backing any more coups and overthrowing democratically elected governments in countries on Russia's borders then there won't be any problems. Maybe the EU learnt it's lesson from Ukraine? (I wouldn't bet on it though the stupidity of the fuckwits in the EU knows no bounds).

Right, so it's all the EU fault? You are aware that the revolution in the Ukraine was actually a Ukrainian thing, by Ukrainians who were sick of the Russian interventions in their country which spans some 300 years, you are aware of that?"

A Ukraine thing (coup and overthrow of a democratically elected government) that was backed by the EU. Maybe you should have a watch of EU MEP Guy Verhofstadt making a speech to the Ukraine rebels and backing the coup, (it's available on youtube). Also paper trails show the EU backed the Ukraine coup financially. Tell us all what flags were the rebels waving about in Ukraine as they overthrew the democratically elected government there? Oh yes they were waving the EU flag about all over the place.

As for your 300 years comment, maybe you should go and read a history book or two, the Ukraine used to be a part of the old USSR before the USSR split. Ukraine was a founding member of the USSR.

Thornaby

nonsense.

Ffs cant get my head around some of you people."

That's because you are wilfully ignorant and stupid.

At a rough guess you are also a brexitter and are sceptical about climate change.

Cambridge

Right, so it's all the EU fault? You are aware that the revolution in the Ukraine was actually a Ukrainian thing, by Ukrainians who were sick of the Russian interventions in their country which spans some 300 years, you are aware of that?

A Ukraine thing (coup and overthrow of a democratically elected government) that was backed by the EU. Maybe you should have a watch of EU MEP Guy Verhofstadt making a speech to the Ukraine rebels and backing the coup, (it's available on youtube). Also paper trails show the EU backed the Ukraine coup financially. Tell us all what flags were the rebels waving about in Ukraine as they overthrew the democratically elected government there? Oh yes they were waving the EU flag about all over the place.

As for your 300 years comment, maybe you should go and read a history book or two, the Ukraine used to be a part of the old USSR before the USSR split. Ukraine was a founding member of the USSR. "

You conveniently forgot to mention that all that happened AFTER the revolution!

LONDON.

nonsense.

That's because you incorrectly assume we want an all out war with Russia. I have never seen anyone propose that on here. "

...maybe that's why alot of Americans voted trump..what with Hillary shouting she wanted to teach the Russians and Iranians a lesson and trump saying he wanted peace.

Cannock

As for your 300 years comment, maybe you should go and read a history book or two, the Ukraine used to be a part of the old USSR before the USSR split. Ukraine was a founding member of the USSR.

You conveniently forgot to mention that all that happened AFTER the revolution! "

....and Russia taking back Crimea happened AFTER the EU got involved and backed the overthrow of a democratically elected government.

LONDON.

nonsense.

At a rough guess you are also a brexitter and are sceptical about climate change. "

..try debating without insulting.

Thornaby

nonsense.

At a rough guess you are also a brexitter and are sceptical about climate change. ..try debating without insulting."

Tell that to the burk who called me foolish

Depends if you live in Poland the Ukraine Georgia or some other bit of land Putin has his eyes on"

I realise that !

But look how the U S reacted when ussr got pally with Cuba , we should have backed off from invite ing them all into NATO !

Cannock

....and Russia taking back Crimea happened AFTER the EU got involved and backed the overthrow of a democratically elected government. "

Should also add the people of Crimea had a vote after what happened in Ukraine. They voted with a good majority to go back to Russian rule.

liverpool

nonsense.

At a rough guess you are also a brexitter and are sceptical about climate change. ..try debating without insulting.

Tell that to the burk who called me foolish "

Didn't call you foolish i said your comment was foolish.

Grow up please

Cambridge

nonsense.

That's because you incorrectly assume we want an all out war with Russia. I have never seen anyone propose that on here. ...maybe that's why alot of Americans voted trump..what with Hillary shouting she wanted to teach the Russians and Iranians a lesson and trump saying he wanted peace."

Hmmm, even though it was Clinton who made the deal with the Iranians to stop their nuclear programme, and trump has said he's going to rip that up? You do have an extremely strange _iew of the world. If you could direct us to the quote where Clinton, or hell, even anyone on this forum, has called for a direct war with Russia that would actually make your arguement credible. However we all know how profoundly allergic the brexiters on this forum are to evidence and facts so I doubt you will be able to manage that!

liverpool

....and Russia taking back Crimea happened AFTER the EU got involved and backed the overthrow of a democratically elected government.

Should also add the people of Crimea had a vote after what happened in Ukraine. They voted with a good majority to go back to Russian rule. "

Yep people seem to forget that part and that Russia are holding the people of Crimea against their will.

Cambridge

....and Russia taking back Crimea happened AFTER the EU got involved and backed the overthrow of a democratically elected government. "

So you do accept that any involvement form the EU was after the revolution. That is refreshing.

Cambridge

Should also add the people of Crimea had a vote after what happened in Ukraine. They voted with a good majority to go back to Russian rule. "

And what have international observers said about that vote? What had the UN general assembly said?

liverpool

nonsense.

That's because you incorrectly assume we want an all out war with Russia. I have never seen anyone propose that on here. ...maybe that's why alot of Americans voted trump..what with Hillary shouting she wanted to teach the Russians and Iranians a lesson and trump saying he wanted peace.

Hmmm, even though it was Clinton who made the deal with the Iranians to stop their nuclear programme, and trump has said he's going to rip that up? You do have an extremely strange _iew of the world. If you could direct us to the quote where Clinton, or hell, even anyone on this forum, has called for a direct war with Russia that would actually make your arguement credible. However we all know how profoundly allergic the brexiters on this forum are to evidence and facts so I doubt you will be able to manage that! "

But the actions you want the west to take would inevitable lead to war.

Having troops and tanks on Russia's borders is a invitation for war its only the fact that the US will have a new government in a week that Russia isn't doing anything so far.

Thornaby

nonsense.

At a rough guess you are also a brexitter and are sceptical about climate change. ..try debating without insulting.

Grow up please"

Someone who is pro Trump telling someone else to grow up? Irony is not dead.

nonsense.

And what a short sighted and ignorant _iew. No Russia, in its various guises has never been saintly, far from it. Now I could demonstrate who the way the Russian state rules and _iews the rest of the world has and is absolutely consistent across that time span up to and including Putin, however I doubt it would be of much use in the face of wilful ignorance and stupidity. "

nonsense.

That's because you incorrectly assume we want an all out war with Russia. I have never seen anyone propose that on here. ...maybe that's why alot of Americans voted trump..what with Hillary shouting she wanted to teach the Russians and Iranians a lesson and trump saying he wanted peace.

Hmmm, even though it was Clinton who made the deal with the Iranians to stop their nuclear programme, and trump has said he's going to rip that up? You do have an extremely strange _iew of the world. If you could direct us to the quote where Clinton, or hell, even anyone on this forum, has called for a direct war with Russia that would actually make your arguement credible. However we all know how profoundly allergic the brexiters on this forum are to evidence and facts so I doubt you will be able to manage that!

Having troops and tanks on Russia's borders is a invitation for war its only the fact that the US will have a new government in a week that Russia isn't doing anything so far."

If Russia is so easily provoked we should send more tanks.We are only showing the countries on the border we wont tolerate any shit from Putin.

Cambridge

nonsense.

Having troops and tanks on Russia's borders is a invitation for war its only the fact that the US will have a new government in a week that Russia isn't doing anything so far."

Why do you find it so hard to comprehend that defence is not the same as aggression?

liverpool

nonsense.

Grow up please

Someone who is pro Trump telling someone else to grow up? Irony is not dead. "

Irony may not be dead but unfortunately your debating skills are where you just keep resorting to insults.

What a shame

liverpool

nonsense.

Having troops and tanks on Russia's borders is a invitation for war its only the fact that the US will have a new government in a week that Russia isn't doing anything so far.

Why do you find it so hard to comprehend that defence is not the same as aggression? "

So what are these troops and tanks defending?

I don't see any Russian army or invasion about to enter poland

Anyone care to explain why Putin would want to expand?

North West

"Anyone care to explain why Putin would want to expand?"

To protect "oppressed" Russians in other countries. Pretty much the same excuse thatstarts most conflicts.

"Anyone care to explain why Putin would want to expand?

To protect "oppressed" Russians in other countries. Pretty much the same excuse thatstarts most conflicts. "

so basically they wouldn't then

Cambridge

nonsense.

Why do you find it so hard to comprehend that defence is not the same as aggression?

So what are these troops and tanks defending?

I don't see any Russian army or invasion about to enter poland"

They just had an exercise of more than 100,000 troops on the border

Cannock

So you do accept that any involvement form the EU was after the revolution. That is refreshing. "

Like you accept Russia took back Crimea after the EU got involved. That is also refreshing.

North West

To protect "oppressed" Russians in other countries. Pretty much the same excuse thatstarts most conflicts.

so basically they wouldn't then"

Well considering that they have done exactly that in Ukraine, there are concerns in Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia that their 500,000+ ethnic Russians who live in their Eastern provinces could VERY easily get agitated and provoke Russia.

These situations have happened time and time again throughout history and it would be foolish not to heed such lessons from the history books.

No one wants war or any kind of conflict and the best way of stopping it is to demonstrate to any potential aggressor that intervention would be met with a robust response.

Well considering that they have done exactly that in Ukraine, there are concerns in Lithuania, Estonia and Latvia that their 500,000+ ethnic Russians who live in their Eastern provinces could VERY easily get agitated and provoke Russia.

These situations have happened time and time again throughout history and it would be foolish not to heed such lessons from the history books.

No one wants war or any kind of conflict and the best way of stopping it is to demonstrate to any potential aggressor that intervention would be met with a robust response."

and the only potential aggressor so far has been NATO

Putin was a KGB major posted to the berlin wall when it fell.He watched the Soviet union get pushed back.This was a key moment.He is pushing back now.

"Putin was a KGB major posted to the berlin wall when it fell.He watched the Soviet union get pushed back.This was a key moment.He is pushing back now. "

no he's not

Thornaby

"Putin was a KGB major posted to the berlin wall when it fell.He watched the Soviet union get pushed back.This was a key moment.He is pushing back now.

no he's not"

So military annexation of the Crimea, invading Georgia and similar are not pushing back?

"Putin was a KGB major posted to the berlin wall when it fell.He watched the Soviet union get pushed back.This was a key moment.He is pushing back now.

no he's not

So military annexation of the Crimea, invading Georgia and similar are not pushing back? "

no, simply a way to stop NATO pushing forward

no he's not

So military annexation of the Crimea, invading Georgia and similar are not pushing back?

no, simply a way to stop NATO pushing forward"

Nato pushing forward freed millions behind the iron curtain.History is on our side not Russia.

Cambridge

No one wants war or any kind of conflict and the best way of stopping it is to demonstrate to any potential aggressor that intervention would be met with a robust response.

and the only potential aggressor so far has been NATO "

Even though Russia is the one who has been invading Georgia, Crimea, and eastern Ukraine.

Cambridge

So you do accept that any involvement form the EU was after the revolution. That is refreshing.

Like you accept Russia took back Crimea after the EU got involved. That is also refreshing. "

What about Chechnya and Georgia? Are you also going to blame that on the EU? How about the Russian Cyber attacks on Estonia? Again are you going to blame that on the EU.

It seems you are very keen to embrace the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

Cambridge

The only countries that supported Russia's action in Ukraine at the UN were Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Cuba, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

Do you not think that you may be on the wrong side of the debate when the people on your side are countries like Zimbabwe and North Korea?

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Best thread of the Politics forum so far....

"The only countries that supported Russia's action in Ukraine at the UN were Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Cuba, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

Do you not think that you may be on the wrong side of the debate when the people on your side are countries like Zimbabwe and North Korea? "

We know we are on the right side of any debate if it is the opposite to you. On anything. Mummmy mummy help me

Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn from the inauguration ceremony because of cowardly death threats as has Jennifer Holliday who has been called an "Uncle Tom". So yes, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a 'Democrat' takes a pot-shot at Trump...maybe even on Friday! The Obama/Clinton legacy.

Thornaby

"The only countries that supported Russia's action in Ukraine at the UN were Armenia, Belarus, Bolivia, Cuba, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

Do you not think that you may be on the wrong side of the debate when the people on your side are countries like Zimbabwe and North Korea?

We know we are on the right side of any debate if it is the opposite to you. On anything. Mummmy mummy help me"

To be fair if North Korea thinks it's a good idea you have to sit down and ask yourself " really, really really? "

As a democrat..........I do hope it is not for reasons other than of impeachment or health that prevents him serving his term.......Yes he is an odious little man......but that is the way these things turn out at times.

"Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn from the inauguration ceremony because of cowardly death threats as has Jennifer Holliday who has been called an "Uncle Tom". So yes, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a 'Democrat' takes a pot-shot at Trump...maybe even on Friday! The Obama/Clinton legacy."
Actually she was announced to play by trumps people before she had agreed.She did say she had many emails from the LGBT community asking her not to go.She made the right choice.Which is her right.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn from the inauguration ceremony because of cowardly death threats as has Jennifer Holliday who has been called an "Uncle Tom". So yes, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a 'Democrat' takes a pot-shot at Trump...maybe even on Friday! The Obama/Clinton legacy."

It wasn't " death threats" that stopped Bocelli it was fans threatening to boycott him.

Interestingly, Country music ( which is heavily pro- Republican) has remained almost entirely silent on the subject of Trump, and are refusing to show their hand either way; apart from a small handful.

That's an indicator of how worried people are about him.

He won't be assassinated. If he was, it would not be by a democrat ; it would be by one of his hardline supporters; when they realise, in about 2 years time, that he has shafted them, and that they voted for a lie

"Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn from the inauguration ceremony because of cowardly death threats as has Jennifer Holliday who has been called an "Uncle Tom". So yes, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if a 'Democrat' takes a pot-shot at Trump...maybe even on Friday! The Obama/Clinton legacy.

It wasn't " death threats" that stopped Bocelli it was fans threatening to boycott him.

Interestingly, Country music ( which is heavily pro- Republican) has remained almost entirely silent on the subject of Trump, and are refusing to show their hand either way; apart from a small handful.

That's an indicator of how worried people are about him.

He won't be assassinated. If he was, it would not be by a democrat ; it would be by one of his hardline supporters; when they realise, in about 2 years time, that he has shafted them, and that they voted for a lie "

Country music remaining silent!!!

someone should say that to Toby Keith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNrdmjcNTc

the working mans - country music man

Cambridge

We know we are on the right side of any debate if it is the opposite to you. On anything. Mummmy mummy help me

To be fair if North Korea thinks it's a good idea you have to sit down and ask yourself " really, really really? "

"

Not the people on here, some of them are happy to side with North Korea.

Not the people on here, some of them are happy to side with North Korea."

no, some on here are happy to look at the facts on both sides then make their own minds up about things

Cambridge

no, some on here are happy to look at the facts on both sides then make their own minds up about things"

And come to a conclusion opposed to that of their fellow countrymen, and the rest of the civilised world, and side with people like Robert Mugabe and Kim Jong Un!

no, some on here are happy to look at the facts on both sides then make their own minds up about things

And come to a conclusion opposed to that of their fellow countrymen, and the rest of the civilised world, and side with people like Robert Mugabe and Kim Jong Un! "

you really believe the rest of the 'civilised' world thought that what he did was wrong? Or that it went against their own agenda/interests? You are so naive, as on most topics

Cambridge

And come to a conclusion opposed to that of their fellow countrymen, and the rest of the civilised world, and side with people like Robert Mugabe and Kim Jong Un!

you really believe the rest of the 'civilised' world thought that what he did was wrong? Or that it went against their own agenda/interests? You are so naive, as on most topics"

Look at who supported Russia at the UN, they are all listed at the top of this post.

you really believe the rest of the 'civilised' world thought that what he did was wrong? Or that it went against their own agenda/interests? You are so naive, as on most topics

Look at who supported Russia at the UN, they are all listed at the top of this post. "

the UN?

maybe google the UN and corruption

Cambridge

Look at who supported Russia at the UN, they are all listed at the top of this post.

the UN?

maybe google the UN and corruption"

Yes, the UN general assembly. You know where all the recognised countries of the world come together. They had a vote about the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and the only countries that supported it are the ones mentioned at the top. If you believe that the general assembly is corrupt, then you must think every country in the world is corrupt.

Would be interesting to have a list of non Dodgy Country's !

Might be a short list tho

Cambridge

"Would be interesting to have a list of non Dodgy Country's !

Might be a short list tho "

Look at Transparency International's corruption index.

Look at Transparency International's corruption index."

Ok I will

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn from the inauguration ceremony because of cowardly death threats as has Jennifer Holliday who has been called an "Uncle Tom". "

thats a bit like me quoting the story going round that the trump team are so desperate now for any "a list" stars...they are now apparently offing "ambassadorship's" to agents who can get their clients to sign.....

anyway, that is the right wing spin for why holliday pulled out... the "actual" reason is that people pointed out that the republicans _iews on "LGBTQ" issues (especially mike pence's) aren't really ones that she is alligned with

anyway ... 4 hrs of toby keith and an southern rock band from the 80's.... cool!!!!!

the only band that has still said possibly are the beach boys... that negioation is probably going like this...

Trump team.... "so how many do you want to appear?..."

beach boys.... "you keep backing up the money trucks and we'll say stop when its enough!!!!"

they could always just cancel it and have it the day after... thats when about 250,000 women are going to be in washington on the march against trumps gross comments on women... loads of A listers going to that one!!!

Cambridge

Ok I will "

CandM seem to think that the countries who voted against Russia are corrupt, lets look at the evidence, you know how us Remainers love our facts and figures and evidence

On the index the higher the score the better, each country is ranked out of 100. 100 being to best score available, 0 being the worst:

Countries Supporting Russian invasion of Ukraine:

Russia 29

North Korea 8 (making it the 2nd worst country on the whole index!)

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

Average score of countries supporting Russia (inc Russia): 25.36

Now lets look at some of the countries that voted against Russia’s invasion of Ukraine to see how they score on the corruption index:

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

There were a lot more countries that voted against Russia, too many to list here, but I think the evidence is overwhelming that the Russia supporting countries are vastly more corrupt than those countries that voted against Russia at the UN.

Cannock

"Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn from the inauguration ceremony because of cowardly death threats as has Jennifer Holliday who has been called an "Uncle Tom".

thats a bit like me quoting the story going round that the trump team are so desperate now for any "a list" stars...they are now apparently offing "ambassadorship's" to agents who can get their clients to sign.....

anyway, that is the right wing spin for why holliday pulled out... the "actual" reason is that people pointed out that the republicans _iews on "LGBTQ" issues (especially mike pence's) aren't really ones that she is alligned with

anyway ... 4 hrs of toby keith and an southern rock band from the 80's.... cool!!!!!

the only band that has still said possibly are the beach boys... that negioation is probably going like this...

beach boys.... "you keep backing up the money trucks and we'll say stop when its enough!!!!"

they could always just cancel it and have it the day after... thats when about 250,000 women are going to be in washington on the march against trumps gross comments on women... loads of A listers going to that one!!! "

Do the American people really care about the opinions of these so called A listers? Most of them said they would leave the country if Trump won but low and behold they are still there in the good old US of A aren't they.

People like Meryl Streep playing the victim, purrrleeeeeassse give us a break, it must be such a hard life being famous with millions in the bank and a shauffer to drive you home in your stretch limo at the end of the day. Most of these people are so far up their own backsides they don't know what day it is let alone anything else, completely detached from reality. I think most ordinary average joe's on the street are sick and tired of hearing these celebrities bitch and whine. Hillary Clinton had a sackful of celebs singing for her on her campaign trail, fat lot of good it did her too.

So what if no one sings at the inauguration, I think most ordinary folk couldn't care less about it.

Ok I will

CandM seem to think that the countries who voted against Russia are corrupt, lets look at the evidence, you know how us Remainers love our facts and figures and evidence

On the index the higher the score the better, each country is ranked out of 100. 100 being to best score available, 0 being the worst:

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

Now lets look at some of the countries that voted against Russia’s invasion of Ukraine to see how they score on the corruption index:

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

There were a lot more countries that voted against Russia, too many to list here, but I think the evidence is overwhelming that the Russia supporting countries are vastly more corrupt than those countries that voted against Russia at the UN.

"

so they are only about 20% corrupt? Thanks for that, you proved my point

"Andrea Bocelli has withdrawn from the inauguration ceremony because of cowardly death threats as has Jennifer Holliday who has been called an "Uncle Tom".

they could always just cancel it and have it the day after... thats when about 250,000 women are going to be in washington on the march against trumps gross comments on women... loads of A listers going to that one!!! "

how come more women voted for Trump than Obama?

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

so they are only about 20% corrupt? Thanks for that, you proved my point "

As opposed to around 71% corrupt for Russia, or 75% average for supporting countries.

Mmmm.

they could always just cancel it and have it the day after... thats when about 250,000 women are going to be in washington on the march against trumps gross comments on women... loads of A listers going to that one!!!

how come more women voted for Trump than Obama?"

bigger cock!!!!

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

As opposed to around 71% corrupt for Russia, or 75% average for supporting countries.

Mmmm."

whatever. They could have at least tried to come up with something to dispute the fact that the UN is corrupt. And who the f*** is Transparency International anyway? A window maker? Or supplier of exotic lingerie?

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

Mmmm.

whatever. They could have at least tried to come up with something to dispute the fact that the UN is corrupt. And who the f*** is Transparency International anyway? A window maker? Or supplier of exotic lingerie? "

I believe the dispute was with your opinion as opposed to a fact.

And I personally think that opinion was disputed pretty well if I'm honest.

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

Mmmm.

whatever. They could have at least tried to come up with something to dispute the fact that the UN is corrupt. And who the f*** is Transparency International anyway? A window maker? Or supplier of exotic lingerie?

And I personally think that opinion was disputed pretty well if I'm honest."

fair enough. But ask yourself who funds the UN and most of the 'work' that it does

Cambridge

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

Mmmm.

fair enough. But ask yourself who funds the UN and most of the 'work' that it does"

3 quarters of UN peacekeepers are from developing nations, do you mean them?

"First year I reckon."

never presume

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

Mmmm.

fair enough. But ask yourself who funds the UN and most of the 'work' that it does

3 quarters of UN peacekeepers are from developing nations, do you mean them? "

no, I mean who gives these 'peacekeepers' the money to do so

London and France

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

Mmmm.

no, I mean who gives these 'peacekeepers' the money to do so"

All member countries contribute to the UN, at a rate depending on their national wealth.

When a developing nation contributes troops and equipment to a peacekeeping operation, then generally the UN pays them for the troops wages, the vehicles, logistics etc.

In the case of richer nations such as the U.K., France, etc; when they contribute troops, they generally fund it themselves, tell the UN how much it cost, and that cost is deducted from that nation's contribution.

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

Mmmm.

All member countries contribute to the UN, at a rate depending on their national wealth.

When a developing nation contributes troops and equipment to a peacekeeping operation, then generally the UN pays them for the troops wages, the vehicles, logistics etc.

In the case of richer nations such as the U.K., France, etc; when they contribute troops, they generally fund it themselves, tell the UN how much it cost, and that cost is deducted from that nation's contribution.

"

I know but as with most things in life, whoever pays the most calls the shots, no pun intended

London and France

Ok I will

Russia 29

Zimbabwe 21

Venezuela 17

Belarus 31

Cuba 47

Sudan 12

Syria 18

Nicaragua 27

Armenia 35

Bolivia 34

UK 81

USA 76

Canada 83

New Zealand 88

Germany 81

Netherlands 87

Finland 90

Sweden 89

Norway 87

Switzerland 86

Mmmm.

I know but as with most things in life, whoever pays the most calls the shots, no pun intended"

Not entirely true in the UN; which is one of the reasons the US doesn't like it; it doesn't get its own way much of the time

He will do fine, he is the only one that speaks out about the islamination of the world

London and France

"He will do fine, he is the only one that speaks out about the islamination of the world "

He isn't;

But you are( not surprisingly) making the usual incorrect point about Islam; its organisations hiding behind radical Islam that are the problem; his attitude of attacking all Muslims, like other fanatic hard righters, makes the fanatics stronger.

But that's irrelevant , apart from the fact hat he simply does it to get support from the white population.

His debt to Putin and the fact that he is controlled by Putin is the dangerous thing.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"He will do fine, he is the only one that speaks out about the islamination of the world "

He's not - and the world isn't being 'islamised' anyway.

liverpool

"

His debt to Putin and the fact that he is controlled by Putin is the dangerous thing. "

evidence of this please.

oh right you have non what so ever.

it's just your opinion.

"He will do fine, he is the only one that speaks out about the islamination of the world

He's not - and the world isn't being 'islamised' anyway. "

No, but mostly europe is.

Under Trump Americans will die of diseases that can be treated in civilised countries. He's got a history of failure. He'll drive down property prices in the USA and drive up the national debt. When he's term is up he'll leave New York property prices so low that the rest of us might buy a "Friends" style apartment for the price of a coffee.

liverpool

"Under Trump Americans will die of diseases that can be treated in civilised countries. He's got a history of failure. He'll drive down property prices in the USA and drive up the national debt. When he's term is up he'll leave New York property prices so low that the rest of us might buy a "Friends" style apartment for the price of a coffee."

"A history of failure" you say and yet the guy took on the republican establishment, the democrat establishment and the media establishment and still he managed to do the impossible and get elected as president.

Like him or loathe him you can't deny the fact he just did something that no one else has.

When the establishment and the media are against you, bashing you left right and centre, Hillary bringing in celebrity after celebrity getting them all to voice against trump and support her (thinking the average Joe blog will listen because of their fave celebs speaking out in support for hillary and bashing trump).

Its one of the biggest success stories ever what he has achieved.

Maybe just maybe he might do more of the impossible and turn america into something great.

London and France

"He will do fine, he is the only one that speaks out about the islamination of the world

He's not - and the world isn't being 'islamised' anyway. No, but mostly europe is."

No it isn't.

You are following the Breitbart type lies; do you know how many Muslims there really are in Europe?

Stop reading alt-right websites and find some actual truth.

Barbados

He's not - and the world isn't being 'islamised' anyway. No, but mostly europe is.

No it isn't.

You are following the Breitbart type lies; do you know how many Muslims there really are in Europe?

Stop reading alt-right websites and find some actual truth."

He's not - and the world isn't being 'islamised' anyway. No, but mostly europe is.

No it isn't.

Stop reading alt-right websites and find some actual truth."

We have to disagre to agree on that one.

No it isn't.

Stop reading alt-right websites and find some actual truth.We have to disagre to agree on that one."

Soon you will say that there are no immigration crisis in europe, because of fake news lol.

North West

NOW EVENS...

Odds on the businessman-turned-politician getting impeached or resigning before the end of his term of office have dropped again to evens.

Paddy Power, which is running a market on the date of a possible impeachment, says its most popular bet is on Trump to be impeached within six months. The price on that has tumbled to 4-1 from 8-1, while the same to happen within two years is now 10-1, down from 20-1.

No it isn't.

Stop reading alt-right websites and find some actual truth.We have to disagre to agree on that one.Soon you will say that there are no immigration crisis in europe, because of fake news lol."

There has been a reduction of immigration by 50%. This was due to the deal with turkey.

No it isn't.

Stop reading alt-right websites and find some actual truth.We have to disagre to agree on that one.Soon you will say that there are no immigration crisis in europe, because of fake news lol.

There has been a reduction of immigration by 50%. This was due to the deal with turkey."

Oh they didn't leave the EU to achieve it.

By *bernathCouple  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Islamisation or alt right speak for non white take over.

It the same hate speech repackaged from the 1930's.

when you target a group because of the way they look it's easy to lay your burdens on why everything is wrong.

You then let governments get away with stripping your liberties and freedoms (by monitoring communication channels without warrants or databases of non desirables or reducing your movement) in the name of protecting you against these threats, when the threat is gone, they continue to use the same measures to target other groups in society and it goes on and goes on, until you become the target. Then who is left to help you? No one.

This is the way extremists want it, this is how extremists get it.

Our forefathers fought and died to stop this from occurring, when you marginalise one group you marginalise yourself.

Here's the biggest warning when you have people promising the moon on a stick to cure all your problems, but here is the trade off, you have to do everything I say for it to happen. That's what hitler did in the 30's, this is what farage and Gove did for Brexit, and this is what trump has done with the US presidency.

So Trump is the only one speaking out against islamisation? No he has just recycled the same, racist rhetoric and repurposed it for his own agenda.

» Add a new message to this topic