FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Trump and our family down under

Trump and our family down under

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So it seems for the sake of 1250 asylum seekers Trump is getting his tighty whities twisted in his arse crack.

So, given that he thinks the resettlement deal is stupid, and his handling of this could have been better, who do we all side with. Our commonwealth family down under or our friends in America?

Not that it should really be an international problem - though with Trump who knows what could come of it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So it seems for the sake of 1250 asylum seekers Trump is getting his tighty whities twisted in his arse crack.

So, given that he thinks the resettlement deal is stupid, and his handling of this could have been better, who do we all side with. Our commonwealth family down under or our friends in America?

Not that it should really be an international problem - though with Trump who knows what could come of it?"

What should he have done? Bent over and took it in the arse for sake of diplomacy? The west is spineless.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

I in no way support Trump and his petulant ways. But I have to say, I'm slightly confused by all this. Why exactly was there an agreement to relocate 1250 asylum seekers to the US? Is Australia not able to accommodate them? Also they are from Syria and Iraq, right? Wow, that is one hell of a journey to have gotten to Australian waters. :s

-Matt

I like trump, Why cant they build temporary camps to house them? There are lots of space in siberia and surrounding areas. Just like they did in calais.

"I in no way support Trump and his petulant ways. But I have to say, I'm slightly confused by all this. Why exactly was there an agreement to relocate 1250 asylum seekers to the US? Is Australia not able to accommodate them? Also they are from Syria and Iraq, right? Wow, that is one hell of a journey to have gotten to Australian waters. :s

-Matt"

If memory serves, Australia currently has their own conservative party in office? I think one of their biggest campaign points was to cut down on asylum seekers and refugees coming in - sounds a lot like us and America right now, right? :P

Pretty sure the settlement was to help austrailia meet that promise - no idea what the aussies gave in return though?

On another note, I literally posted to shit post. Basically to see whether people got all emotive over trump or the commonwealth.

Wasn't expecting a few rational answers. :P

"So it seems for the sake of 1250 asylum seekers Trump is getting his tighty whities twisted in his arse crack.

Not that it should really be an international problem - though with Trump who knows what could come of it?

What should he have done? Bent over and took it in the arse for sake of diplomacy? The west is spineless."

Even though Australia is part of the 'west'? Jus' saying, if an elected official makes a bilateral policy where it's give and take, that's diplomacy and it's fine. If the new elected official takes issue with it then fair enough.

But lets face it, sometimes nations help one another out so they can keep their voters happy.

By *enard ArgenteMan  over a year ago

London and France

"I like trump, Why cant they build temporary camps to house them? There are lots of space in siberia and surrounding areas. Just like they did in calais."

Ah nothing like having a few concentration camps.

Perhaps you would like them to be used as slave labour while they are there.

Where the fuck do you think they are now?

They are in fucking camps .

Humans deserve to live in homes;

"I like trump, Why cant they build temporary camps to house them? There are lots of space in siberia and surrounding areas. Just like they did in calais.

"

I know they are, but these will be like prefab homes that are easy to put there.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I in no way support Trump and his petulant ways. But I have to say, I'm slightly confused by all this. Why exactly was there an agreement to relocate 1250 asylum seekers to the US? Is Australia not able to accommodate them? Also they are from Syria and Iraq, right? Wow, that is one hell of a journey to have gotten to Australian waters. :s

-Matt"

As part of the deal Australia were going to take in 1250 refugees from Central America based in Costa Rica..... sort of a continental swop

Barbados

-Matt

If memory serves, Australia currently has their own conservative party in office? I think one of their biggest campaign points was to cut down on asylum seekers and refugees coming in - sounds a lot like us and America right now, right? :P

Pretty sure the settlement was to help austrailia meet that promise - no idea what the aussies gave in return though?

On another note, I literally posted to shit post. Basically to see whether people got all emotive over trump or the commonwealth.

Wasn't expecting a few rational answers. :P"

Maybe the US got an 'easy' way to then fulfil *it's* international obligations. ie. it gets a single boat-load of refugees all processed, clean and shiny to deal with. Rather than having to fish them out of the ocean one by one and deal with them on a case by case basis?

-Matt

"I like trump, Why cant they build temporary camps to house them? There are lots of space in siberia and surrounding areas. Just like they did in calais.

"

A camp can be a home, a few flowers here, a shrubbery there, hang a few pictures and off you go. People make a home, not bricks and mortar

-Matt

As part of the deal Australia were going to take in 1250 refugees from Central America based in Costa Rica..... sort of a continental swop "

Ah so basically American politicians looked good cause they reduced immigration from latin american countries in the eyes of the public, whilst Australian politician's looked good cause instead of people from the Middle East and SEA they were taking in latin americans?

Barbados

I know they are, but these will be like prefab homes that are easy to put there."

Wow. Nice way to integrate people into society.

-Matt

Barbados

-Matt

As part of the deal Australia were going to take in 1250 refugees from Central America based in Costa Rica..... sort of a continental swop

Ah so basically American politicians looked good cause they reduced immigration from latin american countries in the eyes of the public, whilst Australian politician's looked good cause instead of people from the Middle East and SEA they were taking in latin americans?"

Geez, politics is stupid sometimes

-Matt

-Matt

As part of the deal Australia were going to take in 1250 refugees from Central America based in Costa Rica..... sort of a continental swop "

So they want to swap refugees with some other refugees ? What's the point in that ? They still end up with the same amount of people More than confused

Australia is bloody massive surely they can build ?

London and France

-Matt"

The Sustealyans have a policy of refusing to allow refugees who arrive by boat, to settle on the Australian mainland.

Some if this stems from the " boat people crisis of several years ago.

That itself, is problematical in terms of international law.

The Australians House them on a number of islands ; in camps.

Australia has been criticised on many occasions for the inhumaine conditions in these camps.

There are a number of refugees of "middle eastern" origin amongst them.

The US agreed to take a number ( about 1-2000, once UNHCR had agreed that they were genuine refugees; they would still be subject to exceptionally detailed US vetting before entry to the US.The US has prevaricated endlessly on actually doing this move.

Trump just doesn't like the idea; even though it's only about 2000 people; it suits his and Bannon's anti immigration agenda to " show strength" on this.

So the Aussies are part of this issue; as they are holding people ( probably illegally) on these islands in dreadful conditions ( there have been some high profile cases of some of these refugees dying of diseases because the Australian authorities refusing to provide treatment).

And Trump is just being his usually bullying asshole.

London and France

Sustealyans - Australians

London and France

I know they are, but these will be like prefab homes that are easy to put there."

Dear god!

What do you think the camps are?

You really don't have the slightest grip on reality, do you?

I know they are, but these will be like prefab homes that are easy to put there.

Dear god!

You really don't have the slightest grip on reality, do you?"

Yes I do, it is possible to build a community, it is you being narrow minded.

Barbados

Dear god!

You really don't have the slightest grip on reality, do you?Yes I do, it is possible to build a community, it is you being narrow minded."

I hear there is a nice Swedish city which the Iraqi community are bringing back to life and making a lot more interesting. Maybe they could join them there?

-Matt

Given that in the USA they have people living in trailer parks because they cannot get housing and most are on wellfair why do they want to take yet more people who will not be able to get houses

Barbados

"Given that in the USA they have people living in trailer parks because they cannot get housing and most are on wellfair why do they want to take yet more people who will not be able to get houses "

Because they at least don't have bombs landing on their heads?

-Matt

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

What should he have done? Bent over and took it in the arse for sake of diplomacy? The west is spineless."

He should honour agreements already in place,he is 100%out of order in this instance

London and France

Dear god!

You really don't have the slightest grip on reality, do you?Yes I do, it is possible to build a community, it is you being narrow minded."

Ah yes, you want them to be in little ghettos, in their " own community " ( preferably fenced in), so they don't manage to contaminate any nice white/Christian people .

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If you can't post without attacking people then please don't post at all

London and France

"If you can't post without attacking people then please don't post at all"

I couldn't agree more.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

To clarify, If you can't post without attacking other forum users then please don't post at all

London and France

"If you can't post without attacking people then please don't post at all

To clarify, If you can't post without attacking other forum users then please don't post at all"

Exactly.

Amazing that they managed to find Australia way faster than Cook. And to think, all of those peaceful and similar cultures that they avoided to make their way ALL the way to Europe or Australia.

Economic migrants 101 : I'm sorry your ancestors settled in shitholes but it's not my problem. You have no born right to citizenship.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"Amazing that they managed to find Australia way faster than Cook. And to think, all of those peaceful and similar cultures that they avoided to make their way ALL the way to Europe or Australia.

Economic migrants 101 : I'm sorry your ancestors settled in shitholes but it's not my problem. You have no born right to citizenship. "

Clearly you don't care, but in case any one else is reading these people are refugees, not 'economic migrants'. They are not in these camps in Australia for a jolly jaunt to earn a few quid.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Also, it is not the case that all refugees all fleeing straight to Europe, the US etc.

Muslim countries like Lebanon, Turkey, Egypt and Jordan have taken millions of Syrian refugees.

"Amazing that they managed to find Australia way faster than Cook. And to think, all of those peaceful and similar cultures that they avoided to make their way ALL the way to Europe or Australia.

Economic migrants 101 : I'm sorry your ancestors settled in shitholes but it's not my problem. You have no born right to citizenship. "

your ancestors settled in a shit hole also .I would of thought you would have sympathy.

Economic migrants 101 : I'm sorry your ancestors settled in shitholes but it's not my problem. You have no born right to citizenship. your ancestors settled in a shit hole also .I would of thought you would have sympathy. "

Glasgow isn't that bad.

Economic migrants 101 : I'm sorry your ancestors settled in shitholes but it's not my problem. You have no born right to citizenship. your ancestors settled in a shit hole also .I would of thought you would have sympathy.

Glasgow isn't that bad.

"

My bad i was referring to the ones who wandered the desert

» Add a new message to this topic