FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Estonia UK Troops

Estonia UK Troops

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So we, the UK are sending troops to Estonia to deter Russian Aggression,

we have managed to send 120 troops right now and may be able to muster as many as 800 by April this year

The Russians must be shitting bricks

shame The Grand Old Duke of York was just a nursery rhyme, at least he had 10,000 men.

will these 120 men, soon to be backed up by 680 more, deter the Russians

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So we, the UK are sending troops to Estonia to deter Russian Aggression,

we have managed to send 120 troops right now and may be able to muster as many as 800 by April this year

shame The Grand Old Duke of York was just a nursery rhyme, at least he had 10,000 men.

will these 120 men, soon to be backed up by 680 more, deter the Russians "

Tanks and artillery are going.Not quite the same as 800 foot soldiers.

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

not at all, modern war on scale Russia can fight, be over in 1 attack. if we sent out entire armed forces would be over in a morning, Good job Russia are not the savage land grabbers some media make out

Trident is the only thing that will make sure the 2 sides never come to conflict, but then lots of people seem to think getting rid is good idea

"not at all, modern war on scale Russia can fight, be over in 1 attack. if we sent out entire armed forces would be over in a morning, Good job Russia are not the savage land grabbers some media make out

Trident is the only thing that will make sure the 2 sides never come to conflict, but then lots of people seem to think getting rid is good idea "

you mean them getting rid of trident the same as they have depleted all UK armed forces

if it wasn't so serious it would be laughable.

We can no longer be considered a forceful nation

"not at all, modern war on scale Russia can fight, be over in 1 attack. if we sent out entire armed forces would be over in a morning, Good job Russia are not the savage land grabbers some media make out

Trident is the only thing that will make sure the 2 sides never come to conflict, but then lots of people seem to think getting rid is good idea "

Yeah mutually assured destruction (MAD). Brillaint idea.Trident is obsolete and irrelevant .A complete waste of £20 billion.

The defence reviews of the last few years have been ridiculous. What little money is left is wasted on vanity projects like Trident and Aircraft Carriers without any planes. Destroyers that can't operate as intended and computer systems not fit for purpose. A shocking waste of money that would have been better spent on conventional forces and manpower.

Mind you, the Russians aren't that great either. Remember that big carrier that sailed through the English Channel? So far it's lost 3 planes in take off or landing and it's water filtration system broke down. They had to get fresh drinking water from Cyprus

Maybe if they invade Estonia, they'll ask NATO to provide packed lunches.

By *funtimes.Man  over a year ago

Preston

Trident is the only thing that will make sure the 2 sides never come to conflict, but then lots of people seem to think getting rid is good idea Yeah mutually assured destruction (MAD). Brillaint idea.Trident is obsolete and irrelevant .A complete waste of £20 billion.

"

only obsolete when no other countries have nukes, that much is as simple as modern war can get

Falklands is perfect example, we sold our 2 AC and months later Falklands are invaded, you can bet your life the top command in the junta was told it be easy as we no air cover and our V bombers was out of range. imagine the shock when Vulcan howled over port Stanley not only destroying the runway but more important sending message that the Brits can in deed nuke mainland Argentina keeping the war on our terms with in the 200 mile zone that had to be respected

im no fan of nukes, but im not stupid enough to trust other nations not to use them if MAD is not in place

Trident is the only thing that will make sure the 2 sides never come to conflict, but then lots of people seem to think getting rid is good idea Yeah mutually assured destruction (MAD). Brillaint idea.Trident is obsolete and irrelevant .A complete waste of £20 billion.

only obsolete when no other countries have nukes, that much is as simple as modern war can get

Falklands is perfect example, we sold our 2 AC and months later Falklands are invaded, you can bet your life the top command in the junta was told it be easy as we no air cover and our V bombers was out of range. imagine the shock when Vulcan howled over port Stanley not only destroying the runway but more important sending message that the Brits can in deed nuke mainland Argentina keeping the war on our terms with in the 200 mile zone that had to be respected

im no fan of nukes, but im not stupid enough to trust other nations not to use them if MAD is not in place "

You need to read 'Vulcan 607', the story of the Vulcan raids. The runway at Stanley was never destroyed. Damaged, yes but not destroyed. There was also never any suggestion that the UK would 'nuke' Argentina. To suggest that the Argentinians were influenced by that is ridiculous.

".

Mind you, the Russians aren't that great either. Remember that big carrier that sailed through the English Channel? So far it's lost 3 planes in take off or landing and it's water filtration system broke down. They had to get fresh drinking water from Cyprus

Maybe if they invade Estonia, they'll ask NATO to provide packed lunches."

evaporators are always a nightmare to work on, usually the fault is the brine injectors and once shutdown it takes 8 hours to heat back up then go through the flushing process, usually ships are backed up with fresh water tanks

im no fan of nukes, but im not stupid enough to trust other nations not to use them if MAD is not in place "

Trident sure has had effect on ISIS they are clearly shitting bricks

Trident is the only thing that will make sure the 2 sides never come to conflict, but then lots of people seem to think getting rid is good idea

you mean them getting rid of trident the same as they have depleted all UK armed forces

We can no longer be considered a forceful nation"

There was me thinking you were an snp supporter !!!

I hope you are not talking Scotland down as if Scotland was independent we would have huge armed forces to send.

It is a Cold War weapon. It is not a weapon for the situation where we are now.We don't own the missiles and it is absolutely unthinkable that we should ever consider using it or threatening to use it without having the clearance of the United States.What use is it against terrorism.Has it helped in Afghanistan or iraq.The miltary has been cut back due to this vanity project.

I hope you are not talking Scotland down as if Scotland was independent we would have huge armed forces to send."

indeed, you are proved wrong again, I used to vote SNP a long time back but no longer as I disagree with some of their newly written laws

you are aware on independence UK armed forces would be divided up, oh and are you saying the "rest of the UK" would sit back and do nothing if Scotland was attacked lol, please answer this one

You are right the ruk would indeed help us along with NATO BETTER AND STRONGER TOGETHER

"You are right the ruk would indeed help us along with NATO BETTER AND STRONGER TOGETHER "

you mean better and stronger together but not in EU lol

you should read my comments on another thread close to this one, replying to jane

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

I hope you are not talking Scotland down as if Scotland was independent we would have huge armed forces to send."

And Scotland is still going to have a permanent seat on the UN security council, right?

Cambridge

I hope you are not talking Scotland down as if Scotland was independent we would have huge armed forces to send.

indeed, you are proved wrong again, I used to vote SNP a long time back but no longer as I disagree with some of their newly written laws

you are aware on independence UK armed forces would be divided up, oh and are you saying the "rest of the UK" would sit back and do nothing if Scotland was attacked lol, please answer this one

"

So you want England, Wales and northern Ireland to pay for Scotland's defence do you? Trump would be ashamed of you.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"

You would get a share of the armed forces, I would imagine this to be at the same time as you agree to pay your share of the National Deficit.

I believe that you are down to get the two Red Arrows that trail blue smoke!

You would get a share of the armed forces, I would imagine this to be at the same time as you agree to pay your share of the National Deficit.

I believe that you are down to get the two Red Arrows that trail blue smoke! "

Surely tartan smoke !!

By *imetoexplore69Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

im no fan of nukes, but im not stupid enough to trust other nations not to use them if MAD is not in place

Trident sure has had effect on ISIS they are clearly shitting bricks"

are u really trying to compare russia with isis. Isis pose no threat to the UK apart from the odd jobless deluded British Muslim that has spent to much time on the internet .

An independent Scotland could be trident free and send the subs back to the English.Of course this wont ne popular in the ship yards and submarine bases .Scotland doesnt need a miltary of any size.

Cambridge

"An independent Scotland could be trident free and send the subs back to the English.Of course this wont ne popular in the ship yards and submarine bases .Scotland doesnt need a miltary of any size."

Yet look at how much they bitched when their regiments got amalgamated into the Royal Regiment of Scotland.

I believe that you are down to get the two Red Arrows that trail blue smoke! "

at least we have pilots who can fly them

now, getting back to the OP and our strong nation of troops

Cambridge

will these 120 men, soon to be backed up by 680 more, deter the Russians

now, getting back to the OP and our strong nation of troops"

Well if these countries are attacked, the UK will have to come to their aid as NATO allies, having UK (and other international troops) already in country makes such an attack less likely.

Deterring an attack is much cheaper in terms of men, material and money than fighting a counter attack.

Also if we are being a little Machiavellian about it, if Russia invaded and killed British troops there will much greater support for British military intervention in response compared to if it was just Estonian troops who were killed.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

NATO troops travel around the world to train together. Its nothing new but its always good to show support to smaller nations that may feel threatened.

No ! It just makes us look Stupid !

The thread seems to be based on Russia actually being a threat to Estonia.....since when?

"The thread seems to be based on Russia actually being a threat to Estonia.....since when?"

No the thread is regarding the Strength of the British Army with its soon to be 800 men if we can muster them by April, if not, well 120 should be enough

"The thread seems to be based on Russia actually being a threat to Estonia.....since when?

No the thread is regarding the Strength of the British Army with its soon to be 800 men if we can muster them by April, if not, well 120 should be enough"

A technological advantage is all that's required today.We've always been great inventors.This estonia boots on the ground play is just political posturing and propaganda.

"The thread seems to be based on Russia actually being a threat to Estonia.....since when?

No the thread is regarding the Strength of the British Army with its soon to be 800 men if we can muster them by April, if not, well 120 should be enoughA technological advantage is all that's required today.We've always been great inventors.This estonia boots on the ground play is just political posturing and propaganda. "

of course it is

otherwise we would get our UK arse kicked by most nations

Cambridge

"The thread seems to be based on Russia actually being a threat to Estonia.....since when?"

When hasn't Russia been a threat?

traditionally the first signs that the tories are turning everything to shit through their right wing ideological dogma .... when they're part way into fucking things up uncontrolably, they create a distraction by quickly getting some boots on the ground somewhere .... what a bunch of cockwombles

"traditionally the first signs that the tories are turning everything to shit through their right wing ideological dogma .... when they're part way into fucking things up uncontrolably, they create a distraction by quickly getting some boots on the ground somewhere .... what a bunch of cockwombles"

Last Tory who did that was Tony Blair

wrong .... call me dave fucked up in libya since

"wrong .... call me dave fucked up in libya since "

Syria too?

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I cant recall us sending troops into Libya, there were some special forces there though.

"wrong .... call me dave fucked up in libya since "

What troops did he send in?

"wrong .... call me dave fucked up in libya since

What troops did he send in?"

british ones

Ayrshire

Officially unconfirmed, special forces were there but there were no regular British troops sent to Libya or Syria.

"Officially unconfirmed, special forces were there but there were no regular British troops sent to Libya or Syria."

so special forces don't count as soldiers? pmsl .... yeah what evs trevs

The Royal Navy are sorting out a flotilla of new boats for the Summer, so all will be well...although the ones shaped like a swan have been vetoed as everyone wants a go...

Cambridge

"Officially unconfirmed, special forces were there but there were no regular British troops sent to Libya or Syria.

so special forces don't count as soldiers? pmsl .... yeah what evs trevs "

And was Libya invaded by Russia?

"wrong .... call me dave fucked up in libya since

What troops did he send in?

british ones "

To use your words. What 'boots' did he put on the ground? I want to know what specific fighting units were officially operating there. I don't know so your superior knowledge on this will help me no end.

Cambridge

What about the RAF fast jets patrolling Romanian skies, is the OP as equally dismissive of them?

"What about the RAF fast jets patrolling Romanian skies, is the OP as equally dismissive of them? "

I am dismissive of all UK defence and all forces, the Government is cutting back drastically and has done for years

Ayrshire

"Officially unconfirmed, special forces were there but there were no regular British troops sent to Libya or Syria.

so special forces don't count as soldiers? pmsl .... yeah what evs trevs "

As the UK government have not confirmed that they were, how can you?

since always !!!!

The Baltic states plus Finland , Norway and Sweden have all upped there defence spending esp after the Crimea land grab by Russia.

hopefully the russians will grab kent too while they're at it

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

since always !!!!

The Baltic states plus Finland , Norway and Sweden have all upped there defence spending esp after the Crimea land grab by Russia."

Russia/USSR invaded Finland and Estonia during WWII; Finland fiercely fought for their territory and got 90% of its territory back after a "peace" treaty however Estonia... Invaded by almost 50 years by the soviets, same as Latvia and Lithuania; Does this sounds like Russia -Putin to be more specific- is a threat to Estonia, specially after having recently invaded Ukraine? I actually believe it is also a threat to the UK: Ever heard of brexit?

» Add a new message to this topic