FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Anti Brexit march in London today

Anti Brexit march in London today

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Which will feature a speech by Tim Farron on the importance of respecting democracy

You couldn't make it up.

Anyone daft enough to go?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Which will feature a speech by Tim Farron on the importance of respecting democracy

You couldn't make it up.

Anyone daft enough to go?"

Is Tintin Farron taking his dog snowy?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Apparently anti-Brexit marchers have refused to call off their London protest in the wake of terror attack despite being told they will be a 'burden' on the overstretched police. Is there no limit to the childish selfishness of these losers?

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

Fucknuts

So a few thousand People are protesting and potentially putting others at risk because of the manpower that will have to be allocated to protect from any possible threat.

You would have to have people out in the millions all over the country at the same time to even make a good point to the government

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Holding this protest this weekend is, at best, totally irresponsible and, at worst, reckless. Should anything go wrong the organisers should be sued without mercy.

Anyone attending should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"Which will feature a speech by Tim Farron on the importance of respecting democracy

You couldn't make it up.

Would you prefer to ban peaceful protest? Is that your version of democracy?

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

Did anyone say ban ? It's just the timing of the protest wtf

You couldn't make it up.

Would you prefer to ban peaceful protest? Is that your version of democracy? "

You couldn't make it up.

Would you prefer to ban peaceful protest? Is that your version of democracy? "

It is more to do with the timing and the hypocrisy.

Maybe the time of Farron and the rest would be better spent in Rome today addressing the anti EU demonstrators.

Or maybe they are not that 'European'

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Did anyone say ban ? It's just the timing of the protest wtf "

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

What the fuck is the matter with some of you people?

A deranged English guy with tiny cock syndrome allowed himself to be influenced by nonsense and went out to kill people with a car and a knife.

Idiots will never stop our way of life and why should we even demonstrate that they could? If we were not bowed by the Nazi's we should not really be bowed by a lunatic from Kent who changed his name and decided to commit murder because of his failings in life.

"What the fuck is the matter with some of you people?

A deranged English guy with tiny cock syndrome allowed himself to be influenced by nonsense and went out to kill people with a car and a knife.

Idiots will never stop our way of life and why should we even demonstrate that they could? If we were not bowed by the Nazi's we should not really be bowed by a lunatic from Kent who changed his name and decided to commit murder because of his failings in life."

You seem to have a thing about tiny cock and little thought for the police. I'm sure you'll have a nice saturday though

thornaby

Omfg wot AV nazis got to do with any of this pls?

Cambridge

"Did anyone say ban ? It's just the timing of the protest wtf "

Its was planned a long time before the attack, do you think they just planned it in the last two or three days?

thornaby

Awwww we'll if it's been planned a while wudnt want to spoil a pointless protest wud we crack on then lol

"Awwww we'll if it's been planned a while wudnt want to spoil a pointless protest wud we crack on then lol"

very mature.

It wont acheive anything, other than make me laugh at the futility of it

Cambridge

"It wont acheive anything, other than make me laugh at the futility of it "

So its about as futile as trying to get you to answer a question is it? Like how much tariff would be paid on a French apple purchased in a British supermarket today, or what economic system do you believe the left of centre want?

"Holding this protest this weekend is, at best, totally irresponsible and, at worst, reckless. Should anything go wrong the organisers should be sued without mercy.

Anyone attending should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves."

so the people of London should hide and put there lives on hold because of terrorism.....the main point of terrorism is to strike fear and terror into your enemy..after reading your post I'd say isis has already won without even setting foot on UK soil

"It wont acheive anything, other than make me laugh at the futility of it

So its about as futile as trying to get you to answer a question is it? Like how much tariff would be paid on a French apple purchased in a British supermarket today, or what economic system do you believe the left of centre want? "

When did you ask me that question? I didn't realise you was my boss

Cambridge

So its about as futile as trying to get you to answer a question is it? Like how much tariff would be paid on a French apple purchased in a British supermarket today, or what economic system do you believe the left of centre want?

When did you ask me that question? I didn't realise you was my boss "

See, futile asking you questions

18 degrees here in Scotland today, Im sitting on my balcony enjoying the sun and a few drinks,

hope these protesters enjoy the hustle and bustle of London as much as I enjoy the relaxing sunshine.

thornaby

The same tariff on a French apple in a British supermarket will probably be the same tariff on a British product in a French supermarket I'd of thought don't we grow apples in Britain no more anyway

thornaby

Cambridge

"The same tariff on a French apple in a British supermarket will probably be the same tariff on a British product in a French supermarket I'd of thought don't we grow apples in Britain no more anyway "

So what percentage of the price paid at the till is for tariffs?

By *ammskiMan  over a year ago

lytham st.annes

"The same tariff on a French apple in a British supermarket will probably be the same tariff on a British product in a French supermarket I'd of thought don't we grow apples in Britain no more anyway

So what percentage of the price paid at the till is for tariffs? "

Are you thick or do you not buy apples

thornaby

If I cud see into th future I'd tell u can u see into the future ?

Cambridge

"If I cud see into th future I'd tell u can u see into the future ?"

Today, how much of what you pay today is tariff?

Cambridge

"The same tariff on a French apple in a British supermarket will probably be the same tariff on a British product in a French supermarket I'd of thought don't we grow apples in Britain no more anyway

So what percentage of the price paid at the till is for tariffs? Are you thick or do you not buy apples "

Was the question too tough for you?

Cannock

"The same tariff on a French apple in a British supermarket will probably be the same tariff on a British product in a French supermarket I'd of thought don't we grow apples in Britain no more anyway "

Britain produces tonnes of Apples and many British cider makers use British grown apples. When it comes to buying apples then buy British and the tariff on French apples becomes irrelevant.

Cannock

"Holding this protest this weekend is, at best, totally irresponsible and, at worst, reckless. Should anything go wrong the organisers should be sued without mercy.

Anyone attending should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. so the people of London should hide and put there lives on hold because of terrorism.....the main point of terrorism is to strike fear and terror into your enemy..after reading your post I'd say isis has already won without even setting foot on UK soil"

It's not about letting the terrorists win it's about showing some respect to the victims of Wednesdays attack, one of whom was a police officer who lost his life. It's really disrespectful of these Remainers to march today and to put an extra burden on London police just a couple of days after one of them died in a terrorist attack, just shows how selfish and uncaring these protectors going on this March today really are.

Cannock

You couldn't make it up.

Would you prefer to ban peaceful protest? Is that your version of democracy?

It is more to do with the timing and the hypocrisy.

Maybe the time of Farron and the rest would be better spent in Rome today addressing the anti EU demonstrators.

Or maybe they are not that 'European'"

Just saw on the BBC a report from Rome where the EU are having their anniversary party. Prime minister Teresa May is not attending. Not much support for the EU there by all accounts. BBC reporter said numbers here showing support for the EU are 'very low'.

Cannock

Anyone attending should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. so the people of London should hide and put there lives on hold because of terrorism.....the main point of terrorism is to strike fear and terror into your enemy..after reading your post I'd say isis has already won without even setting foot on UK soil

It's not about letting the terrorists win it's about showing some respect to the victims of Wednesdays attack, one of whom was a police officer who lost his life. It's really disrespectful of these Remainers to march today and to put an extra burden on London police just a couple of days after one of them died in a terrorist attack, just shows how selfish and uncaring these protectors going on this March today really are. "

*protestors not protectors

lytham st.annes

So what percentage of the price paid at the till is for tariffs? Are you thick or do you not buy apples No it was a stupid question asked by a thick person

Was the question too tough for you? "

Cambridge

So what percentage of the price paid at the till is for tariffs? Are you thick or do you not buy apples No it was a stupid question asked by a thick person

Was the question too tough for you? "

I guess the reply and quote feature was little bit too tough for you as well.

Anyone attending should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. so the people of London should hide and put there lives on hold because of terrorism.....the main point of terrorism is to strike fear and terror into your enemy..after reading your post I'd say isis has already won without even setting foot on UK soil

It's not about letting the terrorists win it's about showing some respect to the victims of Wednesdays attack, one of whom was a police officer who lost his life. It's really disrespectful of these Remainers to march today and to put an extra burden on London police just a couple of days after one of them died in a terrorist attack, just shows how selfish and uncaring these protectors going on this March today really are. "

Yep, that's right. In fact, the whole of London should have shut down because, quite frankly, going about your day-to-day business is completely disrespectful.

Is there any real difference between going to work, for a jog or walking the dog and going on a protest march? These are all part and parcel of everyday life in Britain, and, thankfully, we're allowed to go about them freely. To stop any event, even one you plainly disagree with, would be giving in to the terrorists and allowing them to control our lives.

I wonder if you would be quite so vocal if the march had been organised by UKIP instead?

Why has nobody answered the main question of hypocrisy. Where Farron et al rant about democracy yet are protesting about a democratic vote/decision

You couldn't make it up.

It appears we have 1500 of these strange protesters too, up here in Scotland

nothing better to do I guess

Cannock

It's not about letting the terrorists win it's about showing some respect to the victims of Wednesdays attack, one of whom was a police officer who lost his life. It's really disrespectful of these Remainers to march today and to put an extra burden on London police just a couple of days after one of them died in a terrorist attack, just shows how selfish and uncaring these protectors going on this March today really are.

Yep, that's right. In fact, the whole of London should have shut down because, quite frankly, going about your day-to-day business is completely disrespectful.

Is there any real difference between going to work, for a jog or walking the dog and going on a protest march? These are all part and parcel of everyday life in Britain, and, thankfully, we're allowed to go about them freely. To stop any event, even one you plainly disagree with, would be giving in to the terrorists and allowing them to control our lives.

I wonder if you would be quite so vocal if the march had been organised by UKIP instead?"

I'm no fan of Nicola Sturgeon but even she stopped the debate in Scotland about Scottish independence out of respect for the victims of Wednesdays attack. Given how fanatical Sturgeon is about her cause even she saw fit to postpone the debate until a later date. No such consideration has been given from the disrespectful remainers marching in London today.

I wonder if you would be quite so vocal if the march had been organised by UKIP instead?

I'm no fan of Nicola Sturgeon but even she stopped the debate in Scotland about Scottish independence out of respect for the victims of Wednesdays attack. Given how fanatical Sturgeon is about her cause even she saw fit to postpone the debate until a later date. No such consideration has been given from the disrespectful remainers marching in London today. "

They really did manage to hit a new low.

I'm no fan of Nicola Sturgeon but even she stopped the debate in Scotland about Scottish independence out of respect for the victims of Wednesdays attack. Given how fanatical Sturgeon is about her cause even she saw fit to postpone the debate until a later date. No such consideration has been given from the disrespectful remainers marching in London today. "

Good Point !

And one can only imagine the Outcry if Brexit had Lost and this was a March for a second Ho at Brexit !!!!

The Hypocracy Stinks !!!

Don't Forget Nigel Farages Dignity when he thought WE had lost our Freedom before he went to bed and Realised We had Won !!!!!

See, futile asking you questions"

About as futile as the prospect of you admitting you got the wrong end of the stick on a thread rather than divert attention on to something completely different then follow me around trying to drag it up days or weeks later. You are obsessed to the point of being a stalker

In conclusion. I couldn't care any less about tariffs on any goods, because I can afford to pay them I also don't care what your political persuasion is.

Cambridge

About as futile as the prospect of you admitting you got the wrong end of the stick on a thread rather than divert attention on to something completely different then follow me around trying to drag it up days or weeks later. You are obsessed to the point of being a stalker

In conclusion. I couldn't care any less about tariffs on any goods, because I can afford to pay them I also don't care what your political persuasion is."

So the questions were too tough for you then, you are obviously ignorant of the facts regarding the tariffs otherwise you would have answered the question, and you must have a very warped understanding of politics and a terrible grasp on history as we have had multiple left of centre governments, non of which got rid of capitalism.

Cambridge

This is what the organisers said:

"The organisers of the Unite for Europe march have told us that it will be going ahead, and that they are liaising with the police and local authorities to ensure that it will happen. The authorities are keen to promote a "business as usual" response to Wednesday's attack, and this march will be a very strong sign of this."

Cannock

"This is what the organisers said:

"The organisers of the Unite for Europe march have told us that it will be going ahead, and that they are liaising with the police and local authorities to ensure that it will happen. The authorities are keen to promote a "business as usual" response to Wednesday's attack, and this march will be a very strong sign of this.""

Just a pity for you and other remainers the march has not had much news coverage because Douglas Carswell has stolen your thunder, lol. The vast majority of news coverage today has been on Douglas Carswell and UKip.

Cambridge

"The organisers of the Unite for Europe march have told us that it will be going ahead, and that they are liaising with the police and local authorities to ensure that it will happen. The authorities are keen to promote a "business as usual" response to Wednesday's attack, and this march will be a very strong sign of this."

Just a pity for you and other remainers the march has not had much news coverage because Douglas Carswell has stolen your thunder, lol. The vast majority of news coverage today has been on Douglas Carswell and UKip. "

Most protests don't get much coverage.

Cambridge

"

They really did manage to hit a new low."

I thought a new low was you calling police officers "week and flappy" on the same day that one had been stabbed to death.

So its about as futile as trying to get you to answer a question is it? Like how much tariff would be paid on a French apple purchased in a British supermarket today, or what economic system do you believe the left of centre want? "

£0.00. There you go. Simple answer.

If they want to continue to sell to us that is.

In conclusion. I couldn't care any less about tariffs on any goods, because I can afford to pay them I also don't care what your political persuasion is.

So the questions were too tough for you then, you are obviously ignorant of the facts regarding the tariffs otherwise you would have answered the question, and you must have a very warped understanding of politics and a terrible grasp on history as we have had multiple left of centre governments, non of which got rid of capitalism. "

Obsessed!

Just a pity for you and other remainers the march has not had much news coverage because Douglas Carswell has stolen your thunder, lol. The vast majority of news coverage today has been on Douglas Carswell and UKip.

Most protests don't get much coverage. "

So pointless then

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

So the questions were too tough for you then, you are obviously ignorant of the facts regarding the tariffs otherwise you would have answered the question, and you must have a very warped understanding of politics and a terrible grasp on history as we have had multiple left of centre governments, non of which got rid of capitalism. "

Well a quick google says its 3.2% into the EU so by the time thats been dilutued into the retail sales price its bugger all

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"

So the questions were too tough for you then, you are obviously ignorant of the facts regarding the tariffs otherwise you would have answered the question, and you must have a very warped understanding of politics and a terrible grasp on history as we have had multiple left of centre governments, non of which got rid of capitalism.

Well a quick google says its 3.2% into the EU so by the time thats been dilutued into the retail sales price its bugger all "

3.2% is bugger all? Clearly you don't know anything about business then. You think a large buyer such as a bakery or fast food chain are going to look at a 3.2% hike on raw ingredients as 'bugger all'?

-Matt

bournemouth

"

Well a quick google says its 3.2% into the EU so by the time thats been dilutued into the retail sales price its bugger all

3.2% is bugger all? Clearly you don't know anything about business then. You think a large buyer such as a bakery or fast food chain are going to look at a 3.2% hike on raw ingredients as 'bugger all'?

-Matt"

Let me explain so you understand, the question was how much tariffs would add to RETAIL prices not IMPORT price, of course no business wants any price increase but raw material cost of an apple is a pretty small part of the retail cost in the supermarket, I have a friend who works for the largest packer of portion butter in the uk, he said the packaging costs more than the butter in each packet, having been in business for over 35 years I think I know a fair bit thanks

Barbados

"

-Matt

Let me explain so you understand, the question was how much tariffs would add to RETAIL prices not IMPORT price, of course no business wants any price increase but raw material cost of an apple is a pretty small part of the retail cost in the supermarket, I have a friend who works for the largest packer of portion butter in the uk, he said the packaging costs more than the butter in each packet, having been in business for over 35 years I think I know a fair bit thanks"

Ahh sorry I always assumed that tarrifs were applied to the good imported regardless of if they are for commercial or retail sale. My mistake. I'll just go back to reality.

-Matt

bournemouth

"

Ahh sorry I always assumed that tarrifs were applied to the good imported regardless of if they are for commercial or retail sale. My mistake. I'll just go back to reality.

-Matt"

Go on then how much will a 3.2% rise in import cost add to the retail price?

"

-Matt"

As negotiations haven't started yet where has this 3.2% come from.....? Back of a beer mat?

bournemouth

"

-Matt

As negotiations haven't started yet where has this 3.2% come from.....? Back of a beer mat?"

Its the google answer to max WTO tariffs on apples, anyones guess if its true but assume so

Cambridge

"

Well a quick google says its 3.2% into the EU so by the time thats been dilutued into the retail sales price its bugger all "

A French apple sold in a UK supermarket would have 0% tariffs at the moment, unlike what easyas believes as he says he pay tariffs on EU goods. I guess it shows the level of understanding of the issues by some leave voters.b

"

A French apple sold in a UK supermarket would have 0% tariffs at the moment, unlike what easyas believes as he says he pay tariffs on EU goods. I guess it shows the level of understanding of the issues by some leave voters.b

I am sick to the teeth of your obsession with me. So either put up or shut up. You show me the post where I said we pay a direct tariff on eu goods. Go on little boy, go find it.

I could save you the time and pull the one up where I talk about the EU not being free but that wasn't about tariffs it was about something completely different.

So go find where I say we pay a tariff on goods or admit you are making things up to suit yourself, grow a pair and apologise.

I've had enough of your bullshit!

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/politics/616635#message_12901839

"Can you explain how our tariffs are free when we have to pay for them via EU membership. In my world if you pay for something it isn't free."

"

I said one where I say direct tariffs. Keep looking boy.

Thats the one I referred to. So do we pay for EU membership or do we not? If we do then we pay indirect tariffs.

So grow a pair and apologise or find one where I say we pay a direct tariff on EU goods.

lytham st.annes

"

I am sick to the teeth of your obsession with me. So either put up or shut up. You show me the post where I said we pay a direct tariff on eu goods. Go on little boy, go find it.

I could save you the time and pull the one up where I talk about the EU not being free but that wasn't about tariffs it was about something completely different.

So go find where I say we pay a tariff on goods or admit you are making things up to suit yourself, grow a pair and apologise.

"Can you explain how our tariffs are free when we have to pay for them via EU membership. In my world if you pay for something it isn't free."

"

Your world is not real though is it,it,s a fantasy world where everything is all CLCC

Cambridge

"

Thats the one I referred to. So do we pay for EU membership or do we not? If we do then we pay indirect tariffs.

So grow a pair and apologise or find one where I say we pay a direct tariff on EU goods."

We either are tariff free, or we have tariffs. So how much of the price of that apple is tariff?

"

So grow a pair and apologise or find one where I say we pay a direct tariff on EU goods.

We either are tariff free, or we have tariffs. So how much of the price of that apple is tariff? "

You are a broken fucking record. Go find the post where I said we pay a direct tariff on EU goods or grow a pair and apologise. I will assume you know the difference between direct and indirect

Cambridge

"

We either are tariff free, or we have tariffs. So how much of the price of that apple is tariff?

You are a broken fucking record. Go find the post where I said we pay a direct tariff on EU goods or grow a pair and apologise. I will assume you know the difference between direct and indirect "

Your post said tariffs, now you are saying direct tariffs. I do know the difference between direct tariffs and indirect tariffs, they are both tariffs though aren't they, just like you said.

"

You are a broken fucking record. Go find the post where I said we pay a direct tariff on EU goods or grow a pair and apologise. I will assume you know the difference between direct and indirect

Your post said tariffs, now you are saying direct tariffs. I do know the difference between direct tariffs and indirect tariffs, they are both tariffs though aren't they, just like you said. "

Don't side step. Go find a post where I say we pay a direct tariff. Membership fees to the EU are an indirect tariff, but as you agreed still a tariff.

I want either the post or the apology.

Yes, and quite rightly too. But that was on Wednesday. Even Westminster resumed the following day.

How much longer do you want to hide under the bed in case the big bad terrorist gets you? Terrible as it is for all affected, life goes on.

It just seems to me that everyone who thinks this march was 'disrespectful' are Kippers.

Seems to me they're the ones hijacking the terror attack to further their own twisted views.

Cambridge

"

Your post said tariffs, now you are saying direct tariffs. I do know the difference between direct tariffs and indirect tariffs, they are both tariffs though aren't they, just like you said.

Don't side step. Go find a post where I say we pay a direct tariff. Membership fees to the EU are an indirect tariff, but as you agreed still a tariff.

I want either the post or the apology."

You change the terms, yet accuse me of side stepping

So how about the billions our farmers get in subsidies, how does that fit into your understanding of tariffs?

Cambridge

"

Yes, and quite rightly too. But that was on Wednesday. Even Westminster resumed the following day.

How much longer do you want to hide under the bed in case the big bad terrorist gets you? Terrible as it is for all affected, life goes on.

It just seems to me that everyone who thinks this march was 'disrespectful' are Kippers.

Seems to me they're the ones hijacking the terror attack to further their own twisted views."

Exactly, as posted above, the police encouraged the protest to go ahead to show that terrorism can't stop London, or the rest of the UK from carrying on. Had the police asked them to call off the protest, it would have been called off.

"

So how about the billions our farmers get in subsidies, how does that fit into your understanding of tariffs? "

Don't change the subject. My terms haven't changed. Go find the post where I talk about direct tariffs.

And we put far more in than we get out, hence indirect tariff. Now happy hunting finding that post.

Cambridge

"

So how about the billions our farmers get in subsidies, how does that fit into your understanding of tariffs?

Don't change the subject. My terms haven't changed. Go find the post where I talk about direct tariffs.

And we put far more in than we get out, hence indirect tariff. Now happy hunting finding that post."

You are the one now changing it to direct tariffs.

So what % of trade between the UK and EU is tariff of any kind then?

"

And we put far more in than we get out, hence indirect tariff. Now happy hunting finding that post.

So what % of trade between the UK and EU is tariff of any kind then? "

Terms haven't changed. Go find the post and stop trying to divert away from it.

Cambridge

"

Terms haven't changed. Go find the post and stop trying to divert away from it."

You say we pay tariffs, how much are they?

By *awandOrderCouple  over a year ago

SW London

Went to Brixton today with a friend, nothing to do with the march, she was just over. Loads of police all over the city, so it didn't seem to over stretch anything. Some posters here always sagging off parts of London and Londoners whenever they get the chance .... if you are one of those, why do you even care if the police is overstretched here?

By *anes HubbyCouple  over a year ago

Babbacombe Torquay

Over 33,000 serving police officers in the Metropolitan Police, so they are hardly over stretched, there is also no current cancellation of leave order in place in the Met.....so why the fuss?

Why make something out of nothing just to make a ridiculous point regarding Brexit?.....pathetic.

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

I'm no fan of Nicola Sturgeon but even she stopped the debate in Scotland about Scottish independence out of respect for the victims of Wednesdays attack. Given how fanatical Sturgeon is about her cause even she saw fit to postpone the debate until a later date. No such consideration has been given from the disrespectful remainers marching in London today. Good Point !

And one can only imagine the Outcry if Brexit had Lost and this was a March for a second Ho at Brexit !!!!

The Hypocracy Stinks !!!

Don't Forget Nigel Farages Dignity when he thought WE had lost our Freedom before he went to bed and Realised We had Won !!!!!"

Is that the same Farage who said that if the result was 52-48 remain he would continue the fight? Dignity and Farage dont belong in the same sentence....he's a shit stirrer presently tarting himself around Fox News and the like in an attempt to remain relevant

Essex

"Apparently anti-Brexit marchers have refused to call off their London protest in the wake of terror attack despite being told they will be a 'burden' on the overstretched police. Is there no limit to the childish selfishness of these losers?"

Apparently you know sweet FA about this march. The organisers were in contact with the Met and were assured that the police were happy for it to go ahead. So, time to wind your neck in

Essex

You couldn't make it up.

Do you not understand the word democracy?

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

Anyone attending should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. so the people of London should hide and put there lives on hold because of terrorism.....the main point of terrorism is to strike fear and terror into your enemy..after reading your post I'd say isis has already won without even setting foot on UK soil"

Nothing to do with "putting lives on hold" it's all about respect.

Oh sorry that is a word that remainers don't really understand.

lytham st.annes

I'm no fan of Nicola Sturgeon but even she stopped the debate in Scotland about Scottish independence out of respect for the victims of Wednesdays attack. Given how fanatical Sturgeon is about her cause even she saw fit to postpone the debate until a later date. No such consideration has been given from the disrespectful remainers marching in London today. Good Point !

The Hypocracy Stinks !!!

Don't Forget Nigel Farages Dignity when he thought WE had lost our Freedom before he went to bed and Realised We had Won !!!!!

Is that the same Farage who said that if the result was 52-48 remain he would continue the fight? Dignity and Farage dont belong in the same sentence....he's a shit stirrer presently tarting himself around Fox News and the like in an attempt to remain relevant"

Bit like yourself really

By *rp861Man  over a year ago

Fitzrovia

£0.00. There you go. Simple answer.

If they want to continue to sell to us that is."

Finally! Someone who understands how trade deals work!

Some people believe democracy means "we win. You lose you snooze".

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

"If I cud see into th future I'd tell u can u see into the future ?

Today, how much of what you pay today is tariff? "

Zero, but that's a very simplistic view, when tariff bargaining you don't barter like with like, you don't threaten China with 20% uplift on red wine, you do it on electronics, where its going to kick them in the nuts. So the same will be done with Europe, you twist the thumbs with a thumbscrew not a thimble.

With regard to the march I'd love to be able to put up turnstyles & gets names & addresses of those attending.

Not for anything secretive or underhand, but just to see how many of them that put the effort in now the vote didnt turn out as planned causing grief for the currently overworked security forces bothered to actually put the effort in on the vote in the first place.

S

Babbacombe Torquay

Overworked security forces?.....there is currently no cancellation of leave order in place within the Met, there are in all likelihood more police officers on duty at today's England football match in the capital than there were at yesterday's peaceful protest march.

Pathetic attempts on this forum to make a mountain out of a molehill on this subject, and as for the whole 'respect' nonsense on here,....laughable in the extreme.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

the vote was cast, the numbers counted, one side won, one side didn't. . . democracy . . Brexit is happening. Why won't people accept it and move on?

Is the protest to push for another referendum?

As far as I'm aware it wasn't meant to be Best Of Five

lytham st.annes

" the vote was cast, the numbers counted, one side won, one side didn't. . . democracy . . Brexit is happening. Why won't people accept it and move on?

As far as I'm aware it wasn't meant to be Best Of Five "

Bit like the Scottish Referendum then

Just because some think it's futile doesn't mean the 48% have to do as we are told and forget what we are leaving. The democracy that terrorist is fighting to destroy is demonstrated in these marches our freedom to do so no matter what others say.. Nazis have everything to do with this as they would have those who don't agree with them quietened unable to get our views across. The demonstration in London against what many see as a reckless act of leaving the EU is what's been fought for. I'd say because of what happened this week we should carry on regardless and indeed in some ways it's brave to do so in the wake of what's happened..

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

" the vote was cast, the numbers counted, one side won, one side didn't. . . democracy . . Brexit is happening. Why won't people accept it and move on?

"

It seems some people need realise that democracy is far more complex open and sophisticated than "majority vote wins forever and is always right"

Freedom for a minority to articulate a view and opportunity to change course is a huge part of the Democratic gearing

I would suggest anyone who thinks that a majority of humans will always hold the right course of action is a little blinkered

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Pretty simple really - because some people believe it's a profound mistake and feel very deeply about it.

If the vote had narrowly gone to Remain, UKIP et al would have begun campaigning for another referendum.

No voting ever equates to 'now shut up about this issue for ever'

lytham st.annes

Pretty simple really - because some people believe it's a profound mistake and feel very deeply about it.

If the vote had narrowly gone to Remain, UKIP et al would have begun campaigning for another referendum.

No voting ever equates to 'now shut up about this issue for ever' "

Would you lot agree if it was the other way round,I don't think so

No voting ever equates to 'now shut up about this issue for ever' Would you lot agree if it was the other way round,I don't think so "

Everyone has the right to protest and freedoom of speech. If you dont like it a totalitarian state should be your next home.

You couldn't make it up.

Do you not understand the word democracy? "

Yes do you?

Not really. The decision didn't reflect the vote. At least the government reflects the people of Britain. Brexit represents some people's will. Not all.

Not really. The decision didn't reflect the vote. At least the government reflects the people of Britain. Brexit represents some people's will. Not all."

How is it possible to represent all people's will?

And has there ever been a bigger vote for anything in British history than the vote FOR Brexit?

lytham st.annes

Not really. The decision didn't reflect the vote. At least the government reflects the people of Britain. Brexit represents some people's will. Not all."

So why have a vote at all

Not really. The decision didn't reflect the vote. At least the government reflects the people of Britain. Brexit represents some people's will. Not all. So why have a vote at all "

Good point. Why vote? I use voting at work to get an opinion poll. Then I decide for or against it. I decide because I'm accountable.

So if the government fucks up Brexit. Who's fault is it? Don't assume anything about me because I want Brexit to succeed. But let's not fool ourselves that this is the vote of the people. It's smoke and mirrors and the government will use it for their gains and blame it on the people if it fucks up.

So let's hope for the best.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Hmmm... how was it disrespectful to those killed? They acknowledged those who were killed with a silent tribute.

Is it disrespectful to carry on with normal life? If so, you posting about Brexit at all is disrespectful to the families of those killed.

The police can (and have) pulled permission for marches. They didn't for this one.

Glasgow

As far as I'm aware it wasn't meant to be Best Of Five Bit like the Scottish Referendum then "

yes agreed . . oh and I'm not a Scot. . sorry to disappoint ha ha

Glasgow

It seems some people need realise that democracy is far more complex open and sophisticated than "majority vote wins forever and is always right"

Freedom for a minority to articulate a view and opportunity to change course is a huge part of the Democratic gearing

I would suggest anyone who thinks that a majority of humans will always hold the right course of action is a little blinkered "

I didn't say it was the right or wrong decision . . British democracy is based on the principle of majority decisions when it comes to a vote . . right or wrong?

By *imetoexplore69Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

"

We either are tariff free, or we have tariffs. So how much of the price of that apple is tariff? "

gonney stop saying Apple's your going to give me weird apple themed dreams tonite .

No voting ever equates to 'now shut up about this issue for ever' "

I see this point, however it has been 40 years since the last referendum, so they didnt exactly get it straight away and to be honest if the EU hadnt made a bit of a hash out of the last few years they probably still wouldnt have got it?.

I dont have a problem with protest or marches myself but i do think its unrealistic to have another vote

Essex

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?"

Clearly youre completely clueless about the nature of democracy or you wouldnt have made your crass comment. The remainers arent going to stfu, that's our democratic right so you'll have to suck it up and carry on being outraged.....get used to it

It would have been a Respectfull Gesture to have pistponenrd the March today !

Meant postponed !

Essex

"It would have been a Respectfull Gesture to have pistponenrd the March today ! "

Bit late, it happened yesterday....

Babbacombe Torquay

"It would have been a Respectfull Gesture to have pistponenrd the March today ! "

Just how long do you want this 'respect' period of public mourning to last?, did London cease to operate after the even more serious 7/7 bombings?.....no, people used public transport just as much within days, life goes on....it has to.

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Clearly youre completely clueless about the nature of democracy or you wouldnt have made your crass comment. The remainers arent going to stfu, that's our democratic right so you'll have to suck it up and carry on being outraged.....get used to it"

Your right to not stfu has fa to do with democracy. And Farron was crass by making the excuse that they were there to defend democracy following the events earlier in the week when it had fa to do with that and was purely an attempt to derail and overturn a democratic and legal decision already made by the British people and Parliament. Second referendum ffs. I am not outraged I am laughing at them

Carry on moaning all you like no one is listening

SW London

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Clearly youre completely clueless about the nature of democracy or you wouldnt have made your crass comment. The remainers arent going to stfu, that's our democratic right so you'll have to suck it up and carry on being outraged.....get used to it

Your right to not stfu has fa to do with democracy. And Farron was crass by making the excuse that they were there to defend democracy following the events earlier in the week when it had fa to do with that and was purely an attempt to derail and overturn a democratic and legal decision already made by the British people and Parliament. Second referendum ffs. I am not outraged I am laughing at them

Carry on moaning all you like no one is listening "

Who started the thread? Who is moaning???

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"Like how much tariff would be paid on a French apple purchased in a British supermarket today,"

None for me as I don't buy French apples. We make really good ones here in England

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"pistponenrd" is a cool word

"Like how much tariff would be paid on a French apple purchased in a British supermarket today,

None for me as I don't buy French apples. We make really good ones here in England "

French "Golden Delicious" taste like water anyway.

But on the initial point.....went to Stratford today. Have bern before....but never seen the openly armed police by Shakespeare's house before. Something has certainly changed!

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Carry on moaning all you like no one is listening

Who started the thread? Who is moaning??? "

You think that was a moan? I even included a smiley face at the start of the thread because I was laughing at the hypocrisy of the man. They can protest all they like about Brexit for me but at least be honest about it

Cannock

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Clearly youre completely clueless about the nature of democracy or you wouldnt have made your crass comment. The remainers arent going to stfu, that's our democratic right so you'll have to suck it up and carry on being outraged.....get used to it"

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not.

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. "

but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue?

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue?"

Of course but its also about respecting the outcome of a democratic vote. Good job the army goes along with whichever party is elected to govern eh

lytham st.annes

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last But you are voicing your opinion year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue?"

But you are voicing your opinion to try and change a democratic vote

Cambridge

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last But you are voicing your opinion year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue? But you are voicing your opinion to try and change a democratic vote "

How is that different to saying "Vote Labour/Greens/Lib Dem/UKIP/MRLP" at the next general election? That is trying to change the democratic vote at the last election.

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last But you are voicing your opinion year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue? But you are voicing your opinion to try and change a democratic vote "

and how exactly are they trying to change the vote ? By having a March? ..so following that logic when the gay people March are they trying to change straight people?

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last But you are voicing your opinion year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue? But you are voicing your opinion to try and change a democratic vote

How is that different to saying "Vote Labour/Greens/Lib Dem/UKIP/MRLP" at the next general election? That is trying to change the democratic vote at the last election. "

Because we have a general election every 5 years and governments can be changed after 5 years, thems the rules. We were told that the referendum to leave the EU was a one off once in a lifetime vote and that's it. And the people decided for whatever reason we are better off out. Pity you can't respect that

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last But you are voicing your opinion year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue? But you are voicing your opinion to try and change a democratic vote

How is that different to saying "Vote Labour/Greens/Lib Dem/UKIP/MRLP" at the next general election? That is trying to change the democratic vote at the last election. "

No, that is factually wrong, it is not changing the democratically elected vote from the previous general election at the current general election.

Marching for another general election against a newly sworn in democratically elected government would be trying to change a democratic vote.

lytham st.annes

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Enjoy your echo chamber then, the country voted and made a decision on June 23rd last But you are voicing your opinion year, now the country will move forward with that decision whether you like it or not. but isn't that the point of democracy to able to have and voice your opinions weather in support or against any particular issue? But you are voicing your opinion to try and change a democratic vote and how exactly are they trying to change the vote ? By having a March? ..so following that logic when the gay people March are they trying to change straight people?"

They are trying their upmost to change the vote on leaving the EU,they will never give up

Cambridge

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

How is that different to saying "Vote Labour/Greens/Lib Dem/UKIP/MRLP" at the next general election? That is trying to change the democratic vote at the last election.

No, that is factually wrong, it is not changing the democratically elected vote from the previous general election at the current general election.

"

That's exactly what it is.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Because we have a general election every 5 years and governments can be changed after 5 years, thems the rules. We were told that the referendum to leave the EU was a one off once in a lifetime vote and that's it. And the people decided for whatever reason we are better off out. Pity you can't respect that"

Although I respect a humans right to be blinkered dogmatic and stupid I do not have to respect the individuals or the said actions xx it is a good humans responsibility to perpetually counter small minded tribalism and prejudice

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

Because we have a general election every 5 years and governments can be changed after 5 years, thems the rules. We were told that the referendum to leave the EU was a one off once in a lifetime vote and that's it. And the people decided for whatever reason we are better off out. Pity you can't respect that

Although I respect a humans right to be blinkered dogmatic and stupid I do not have to respect the individuals or the said actions xx it is a good humans responsibility to perpetually counter small minded tribalism and prejudice"

Of course. Which is another reason to be against the EU

North West

If the leaders of this country had any brains they would be playing a far more cagey negotiating game. No person, business or entity can ever make a success of anything if they are dogmatic and stubborn when faced with overwhelming evidence against their chosen path. To set off down this road saying Brexit at any and all cost is wilfully stupid because any good negotiator will always leave doors open in the negotiating process in order to be able to react to changing circumstances.

Cambridge

"If the leaders of this country had any brains they would be playing a far more cagey negotiating game. No person, business or entity can ever make a success of anything if they are dogmatic and stubborn when faced with overwhelming evidence against their chosen path. To set off down this road saying Brexit at any and all cost is wilfully stupid because any good negotiator will always leave doors open in the negotiating process in order to be able to react to changing circumstances. "

All the brexiters on this forum want Brexit at any cost.

Not one of them will tell you what their red line is, what would make them think staying in the EU would be better.

"If the leaders of this country had any brains they would be playing a far more cagey negotiating game. No person, business or entity can ever make a success of anything if they are dogmatic and stubborn when faced with overwhelming evidence against their chosen path. To set off down this road saying Brexit at any and all cost is wilfully stupid because any good negotiator will always leave doors open in the negotiating process in order to be able to react to changing circumstances.

Not one of them will tell you what their red line is, what would make them think staying in the EU would be better. "

Well thats because it wouldn't obviously. Jeez

Cambridge

"If the leaders of this country had any brains they would be playing a far more cagey negotiating game. No person, business or entity can ever make a success of anything if they are dogmatic and stubborn when faced with overwhelming evidence against their chosen path. To set off down this road saying Brexit at any and all cost is wilfully stupid because any good negotiator will always leave doors open in the negotiating process in order to be able to react to changing circumstances.

Not one of them will tell you what their red line is, what would make them think staying in the EU would be better.

Well thats because it wouldn't obviously. Jeez "

So even if unemployment was 90%, that would still be a price worth paying? If our GDP halved, would that be worth it? See, Brexit at any cost.

Well thats because it wouldn't obviously. Jeez "

and you just proved the point he was making

Well thats because it wouldn't obviously. Jeez and you just proved the point he was making "

No, he didn't have a point. Just a stupid hypothetical question

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

That's exactly what it is. "

You only quoted half of what i typed and we know why.

I don't need to explain it any further because i know you know you're arguing for arguings sake on this one.

You can't change a democratically elected vote once its expired, the previous vote was for the previous 5 year term of government so the next election is for the coming 5 years of government.

While you do often post good arguments for your beliefs you then often spoil it by going totally left field on some aspects.

Cambridge

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

I don't need to explain it any further because i know you know you're arguing for arguings sake on this one.

You can't change a democratically elected vote once its expired, the previous vote was for the previous 5 year term of government so the next election is for the coming 5 years of government.

While you do often post good arguments for your beliefs you then often spoil it by going totally left field on some aspects."

Because I was replying to that part of your post.

I have heard no suggestions from the remain side that anyone is trying to do anything outside of legal and democratic processes. People have suggested a second referendum, or a general election, or meaningful votes in parliament. I don't see how any of that is either left of field or undemocratic.

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

While you do often post good arguments for your beliefs you then often spoil it by going totally left field on some aspects.

I have heard no suggestions from the remain side that anyone is trying to do anything outside of legal and democratic processes. People have suggested a second referendum, or a general election, or meaningful votes in parliament. I don't see how any of that is either left of field or undemocratic. "

The point you are missing or ignoring is the previous general election elected government term is expiring at the next general election, so that isn't trying to "change the previous election result" at the next election is it.

Cambridge

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

I have heard no suggestions from the remain side that anyone is trying to do anything outside of legal and democratic processes. People have suggested a second referendum, or a general election, or meaningful votes in parliament. I don't see how any of that is either left of field or undemocratic.

The point you are missing or ignoring is the previous general election elected government term is expiring at the next general election, so that isn't trying to "change the previous election result" at the next election is it."

If you are voting for a different party to the one in government, you are trying to change the previous election result. There is no problem with that, it's how our democracy works.

"

You say we pay tariffs, how much are they? "

Have you found that post yet? I've given you long enough You haven't because it doesn't exist. So time for you to apologise. As you already concured we pay an indirect tariff and that is the humungous bill we give the EU every year. Personally, I try and support British farms and make a point of always trying to buy British produce. What do you have against British apples?

Cambridge

"

Have you found that post yet? I've given you long enough You haven't because it doesn't exist. So time for you to apologise. As you already concured we pay an indirect tariff and that is the humungous bill we give the EU every year. Personally, I try and support British farms and make a point of always trying to buy British produce. What do you have against British apples?"

You know an apple was just an example, it could be an apple, a car, an aspirin, a table, anything. Lets see if you can tell us how much of the price we pay on any of those items are tariffs. Remember, you don't think that our "tariffs are free", so how much are they?

"

Have you found that post yet? I've given you long enough You haven't because it doesn't exist. So time for you to apologise. As you already concured we pay an indirect tariff and that is the humungous bill we give the EU every year. Personally, I try and support British farms and make a point of always trying to buy British produce. What do you have against British apples?

You know an apple was just an example, it could be an apple, a car, an aspirin, a table, anything. Lets see if you can tell us how much of the price we pay on any of those items are tariffs. Remember, you don't think that our "tariffs are free", so how much are they? "

Tut tut. You haven't apologised. Yet again you have failed to comprehend what was written in a post. If you try and absorb what is written you will find the answer. So what do you have against buying an apple grown in Britain, or a car manufactured in Britain, or an aspirin made in Britain, there are plenty of British made tables available too. What do you have against British made, manufactured or produced goods?

Cannock

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

While you do often post good arguments for your beliefs you then often spoil it by going totally left field on some aspects."

People who wanted out of the EU had to wait 40 years for another referendum on this issue, the last one before 2016 was in the 1970's. Former Prime Minister David Cameron said this referendum would be a once in a lifetime vote. If you want another referendum in 40 years time then I think that would be reasonable and fair given that's how long it took before.

Babbacombe Torquay

I buy goods that suit my needs and taste, I couldn't care less where it is made, if it's what I want then original source is irrelevant.....

SW London

"

You know an apple was just an example, it could be an apple, a car, an aspirin, a table, anything. Lets see if you can tell us how much of the price we pay on any of those items are tariffs. Remember, you don't think that our "tariffs are free", so how much are they?

Tut tut. You haven't apologised. Yet again you have failed to comprehend what was written in a post. If you try and absorb what is written you will find the answer. So what do you have against buying an apple grown in Britain, or a car manufactured in Britain, or an aspirin made in Britain, there are plenty of British made tables available too. What do you have against British made, manufactured or produced goods?"

They are all made by immigrants?

Barbados

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

People who wanted out of the EU had to wait 40 years for another referendum on this issue, the last one before 2016 was in the 1970's. Former Prime Minister David Cameron said this referendum would be a once in a lifetime vote. If you want another referendum in 40 years time then I think that would be reasonable and fair given that's how long it took before. "

What are you so afraid of with a second referendum? If it is so certain that majority will vote to leave again, what's the problem? Or are you afraid that the veil of bullshit has been lifted and the majority might realise this is a stupid endeavour?

-Matt

"

Tut tut. You haven't apologised. Yet again you have failed to comprehend what was written in a post. If you try and absorb what is written you will find the answer. So what do you have against buying an apple grown in Britain, or a car manufactured in Britain, or an aspirin made in Britain, there are plenty of British made tables available too. What do you have against British made, manufactured or produced goods?

They are all made by immigrants? "

What have you got against immigrants working and contributing to society?

SW London

"

They are all made by immigrants?

What have you got against immigrants working and contributing to society? "

I was being facetious. Apparently its the done thing if you are a leftie, but because the 'other side' thing we can't have a joke about, they don't get it ....

Cannock

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

People who wanted out of the EU had to wait 40 years for another referendum on this issue, the last one before 2016 was in the 1970's. Former Prime Minister David Cameron said this referendum would be a once in a lifetime vote. If you want another referendum in 40 years time then I think that would be reasonable and fair given that's how long it took before.

What are you so afraid of with a second referendum? If it is so certain that majority will vote to leave again, what's the problem? Or are you afraid that the veil of bullshit has been lifted and the majority might realise this is a stupid endeavour?

-Matt"

Why can't you respect the vote and the decision that was made by the British people on June 23rd 2016?

As for the veil of Bullshit, then that has certainly been lifted on the Remain campaigns lies about emergency budgets, recessions and all the other Project fear nonsense that never materialised when the country voted Leave.

Cambridge

"

Tut tut. You haven't apologised. Yet again you have failed to comprehend what was written in a post. If you try and absorb what is written you will find the answer. So what do you have against buying an apple grown in Britain, or a car manufactured in Britain, or an aspirin made in Britain, there are plenty of British made tables available too. What do you have against British made, manufactured or produced goods?"

So that is your plan for Brexit is it? No foreign goods, that way no one can challenge your assumption that we pay tariffs, yet you can't tell us how much they are.

It's really, really simple. We either have no tariffs, or we have tariffs. If we have tariffs, you'll be able to tell us how much they are.

So... do we have tariffs?

North West

Maybe you two should give it a rest

Barbados

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

-Matt

Why can't you respect the vote and the decision that was made by the British people on June 23rd 2016?

As for the veil of Bullshit, then that has certainly been lifted on the Remain campaigns lies about emergency budgets, recessions and all the other Project fear nonsense that never materialised when the country voted Leave. "

I don't respect it because it was a sham.

-Matt

Cannock

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

-Matt

As for the veil of Bullshit, then that has certainly been lifted on the Remain campaigns lies about emergency budgets, recessions and all the other Project fear nonsense that never materialised when the country voted Leave.

-Matt"

Well tough titty, because we are leaving, and it's article 50 time on Wednesday.

By *isandreTV/TS  over a year ago

Hartlepool

David Davis has said he intends to make sure the new trade deal we strike will have exactly the same terms as those we have now, he says immigration is unlikely to fall, that we should continue to pay for all the projects we need to be a part of, which seems to be pretty much all of them and that parliament is sovereign because it always has been. Oh, he also doubts turkey will be imminently joining the eu.

My question is why on earth are we leaving?

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"David Davis has said he intends to make sure the new trade deal we strike will have exactly the same terms as those we have now, he says immigration is unlikely to fall, that we should continue to pay for all the projects we need to be a part of, which seems to be pretty much all of them and that parliament is sovereign because it always has been. Oh, he also doubts turkey will be imminently joining the eu.

"

Foresight

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"David Davis has said he intends to make sure the new trade deal we strike will have exactly the same terms as those we have now, he says immigration is unlikely to fall, that we should continue to pay for all the projects we need to be a part of, which seems to be pretty much all of them and that parliament is sovereign because it always has been. Oh, he also doubts turkey will be imminently joining the eu.

"

Foresight

lytham st.annes

You couldn't make it up.

Yes do you?

-Matt

-Matt"

i know longer respect your views either Matt,but respect your wish to air them

Cannock

"

I watched the BBC question time special on Brexit last night and David Davis said none of those things. The deal he is Looking to strike with the EU is a comprehensive free trade deal, which is completely different to what membership of the EU means. Leaving means making UK law supreme here again as we leave the European Court of justice and the jurisdiction of EU law. It means an end to the EU free movement of people and we take back full Control of our own immigration policy, and he said immigration levels will come down because current levels of immigration are unsustainable. As full members of the EU we have to accept and abide by all of the EU's rules, which in itself tells you that the UK parliament is not sovereign while we remain members of the EU. He said the days of paying vast sums of money to the EU will end, which suggests we will only contribute towards a small number of EU schemes we want to remain involved with. Last night on sky news press preview they were saying that leaving the EU will enable the UK to cut vast amounts of unnecessary EU regulations and red tape which constrains and burdens UK businesses and costs UK businesses billions of pounds each year. Unnecessary EU regulation and red tape are a huge burden on UK business, especially businesses that have no dealings at all with the EU but still have to abide by all of the EU's rules and regulations.

lytham st.annes

I watched the BBC question time special on Brexit last night and David Davis said none of those things. The deal he is Looking to strike with the EU is a comprehensive free trade deal, which is completely different to what membership of the EU means. Leaving means making UK law supreme here again as we leave the European Court of justice and the jurisdiction of EU law. It means an end to the EU free movement of people and we take back full Control of our own immigration policy, and he said immigration levels will come down because current levels of immigration are unsustainable. As full members of the EU we have to accept and abide by all of the EU's rules, which in itself tells you that the UK parliament is not sovereign while we remain members of the EU. He said the days of paying vast sums of money to the EU will end, which suggests we will only contribute towards a small number of EU schemes we want to remain involved with. Last night on sky news press preview they were saying that leaving the EU will enable the UK to cut vast amounts of unnecessary EU regulations and red tape which constrains and burdens UK businesses and costs UK businesses billions of pounds each year. Unnecessary EU regulation and red tape are a huge burden on UK business, especially businesses that have no dealings at all with the EU but still have to abide by all of the EU's rules and regulations. "

Leavers talk about Parliamentary Sovereignty being so important yet they wanted it abolished and give May dictatorship style powers to do what the fuck she wanted as long as no possibility of any harm to Brexit would occur by allowing parliament a vote.

Babbacombe Torquay

"Leavers talk about Parliamentary Sovereignty being so important yet they wanted it abolished and give May dictatorship style powers to do what the fuck she wanted as long as no possibility of any harm to Brexit would occur by allowing parliament a vote.

"

Ironic eh?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Leavers talk about Parliamentary Sovereignty being so important yet they wanted it abolished and give May dictatorship style powers to do what the fuck she wanted as long as no possibility of any harm to Brexit would occur by allowing parliament a vote.

"

they are fickle, if it does not suit or it looks like it will not be their individual post Brexit nirvana they scream foul play..

or slag off judges for their sexuality..

never has the mantra of 1984 been so frighteningly apparent..

"

If you are voting for a different party to the one in government, you are trying to change the previous election result. There is no problem with that, it's how our democracy works. "

Your playing being "fact blind" again, ok in your world a new general election at the end of the 5 year term of government is trying to "overturn the previous result".

In everyboby else's world it's time to vote for a new government for the next 5 year term as the current term is coming to a close, the result stood for the timeframe of 5 years that was meant to happen and now it's expiring and requires a new election.

bournemouth

"

Can you quote any brexit supporter that has campaigned for theuk parliament to be abolished and TM to become dictator

Ironic eh?"

No. It was about the Sovereignty of the British people being above all else including Parliament

Can you quote any brexit supporter that has campaigned for theuk parliament to be abolished and TM to become dictator "

Your sounding like CLCC now

Ironic eh?

No. It was about the Sovereignty of the British people being above all else including Parliament"

And as MP's should represent their constituents in parliament we got exactly that in the end though it took a bunch of "traitorous homosexual judges" to give the people that right.

The MP's are elected to act on our behalf which they did on the vote but leavers were shitting themselves that MP's might vote against Brexit so thought May should have the power alone to cut parliament out of the equation.

By *ackwithabang2000Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

We were in London at the weekend. Didn't even know anything about this march.

Now thinking back there was some deluded people with EU flag t shirts in Covent Garden early evening.

Did wonder at the time.

Are they still not accepting a democratic vote then?

Ironic eh?

No. It was about the Sovereignty of the British people being above all else including Parliament"

that's another lie the leave campaign was partly about parliamentary sovereignty....now you're saying peoples sovereignty over parliament? I wonder who's in charge the people or the parliament?

bournemouth

Can you quote any brexit supporter that has campaigned for theuk parliament to be abolished and TM to become dictator

Your sounding like CLCC now "

Shoot me now

Your sounding like CLCC now

Shoot me now "

All I'm saying is people either was parliament to be sovereign and accept all that comes with that or they want to hand the Prime minister the powers to decide everything alone which makes it a dictatorship.

Ironic eh?

No. It was about the Sovereignty of the British people being above all else including Parliament

And as MP's should represent their constituents in parliament we got exactly that in the end though it took a bunch of "traitorous homosexual judges" to give the people that right.

The MP's are elected to act on our behalf which they did on the vote but leavers were shitting themselves that MP's might vote against Brexit so thought May should have the power alone to cut parliament out of the equation."

The word being should. Maybe look up why the referendum act came in. If the people are not happy with a decision that both sides of the house are agreed on, then who do they vote for? The decision on certain matters is given to the people because they are above Parliament and though the referendum apparently wasn't 'binding', the people made a decision which Parliament must act upon. The majority of Parliament accept and understand that. Nobody was shittin it, it just would have saved a lot of messing about

Ironic eh?

No. It was about the Sovereignty of the British people being above all else including Parliament that's another lie the leave campaign was partly about parliamentary sovereignty....now you're saying peoples sovereignty over parliament? I wonder who's in charge the people or the parliament?"

The people. If we don't vote there is no Parliament

Cambridge

Ironic eh?

The 'British People' are not sovereign, Parliament is. Parliament write laws that incarcerate British people, Parliament in the past have passed laws to have British people executed, and other laws to draft people into the military or send them down mines. Parliament can compulsory purchase your house and throw you off your land. The executive (part of Parliament in our system of government) has a legitimate monopoly on the use of force within our society.

Parliament is sovereign, not the people.

Ironic eh?

The MP's are elected to act on our behalf which they did on the vote but leavers were shitting themselves that MP's might vote against Brexit so thought May should have the power alone to cut parliament out of the equation.

The word being should. Maybe look up why the referendum act came in. If the people are not happy with a decision that both sides of the house are agreed on, then who do they vote for? The decision on certain matters is given to the people because they are above Parliament and though the referendum apparently wasn't 'binding', the people made a decision which Parliament must act upon. The majority of Parliament accept and understand that. Nobody was shittin it, it just would have saved a lot of messing about"

I have no issues with the referendum at all, the Government chose to act upon the result, they didn't have to. The referendum act clearly stated it was an advisory referendum but to state Parliament MUST ACT UPON IT is totally incorrect. It's the foot stamping statements like this that are factually wrong that keep getting wheeled out time and time again.

Just like the backlash on the parliamentary vote, the foot stamping on that one was verging on the hysterical.

Ok nobody was shitting it then they were too busy hysterically foot stamping like petchulant children. It wasn't a pretty sight.

Cannock

Ironic eh?

No. It was about the Sovereignty of the British people being above all else including Parliament that's another lie the leave campaign was partly about parliamentary sovereignty....now you're saying peoples sovereignty over parliament? I wonder who's in charge the people or the parliament?

The people. If we don't vote there is no Parliament"

Correct in this case it was the people who are sovereign because the house of commons voted by a large majority to let the people decide our membership of the EU in a referendum. The Supreme court ruling was not unanimous and 3 of the Supreme court judges ruled in favour of the government to use Royal perogative to trigger article 50 and one of the Supreme court judges said it was the people who were sovereign.

Ironic eh?

The 'British People' are not sovereign, Parliament is. Parliament write laws that incarcerate British people, Parliament in the past have passed laws to have British people executed, and other laws to draft people into the military or send them down mines. Parliament can compulsory purchase your house and throw you off your land. The executive (part of Parliament in our system of government) has a legitimate monopoly on the use of force within our society.

Parliament is sovereign, not the people. "

When it comes down to brass tacks yes totally correct.

Ironic eh?

Parliament is sovereign, not the people. "

Yawn. Educate yourself instead of trolling

Ironic eh?

When it comes down to brass tacks yes totally correct."

No its not

Ironic eh?

No. It was about the Sovereignty of the British people being above all else including Parliament that's another lie the leave campaign was partly about parliamentary sovereignty....now you're saying peoples sovereignty over parliament? I wonder who's in charge the people or the parliament?

The people. If we don't vote there is no Parliament

Correct in this case it was the people who are sovereign because the house of commons voted by a large majority to let the people decide our membership of the EU in a referendum. The Supreme court ruling was not unanimous and 3 of the Supreme court judges ruled in favour of the government to use Royal perogative to trigger article 50 and one of the Supreme court judges said it was the people who were sovereign. "

So 1 out of the 8 makes it so then

Honestly you couldn't make this shit up better if you tried

Ironic eh?

When it comes down to brass tacks yes totally correct.

No its not"

Ok off you pop to Westminster and lay down the law, you're that sovereign you wouldn't be let through the door

Cannock

"

The Supreme court case happened and the government have abided by the Supreme court rulings in full.

If anything it seems to be remoaners who are not happy about it, in particular people like Nicola Sturgeon throwing her toys out the pram now because the Supreme court ruled that the devolved parliament's don't get a say on Brexit.