FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > A good result for Labour

A good result for Labour

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Len McClusky is preparing the ground goodstyle. Apparently if Labour only loose 30-40 seats then it will be a "good" result for his mate Jeremy?

Is this a backhanded compliment? Is he preparing for disaster? Is he trying to undermine Corbyn?

Does anyone know wtf is going on behind the scenes in Labour?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

Does anyone know wtf is going on behind the scenes in Labour?"

I don't think Labour know themselves to be honest.

Like all this crap about nationalising everything yet they have no idea really how much it would cost.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"

Does anyone know wtf is going on behind the scenes in Labour?

I don't think Labour know themselves to be honest.

Like all this crap about nationalising everything yet they have no idea really how much it would cost.

"

Labour front bencher Andy McDonald was pressed on this on the BBC Daily Politics yesterday.

He blustered his way through the interview without giving any sort of straight answer to how these proposed nationalisations would either cost or be paid for.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"Len McClusky is preparing the ground goodstyle. Apparently if Labour only loose 30-40 seats then it will be a "good" result for his mate Jeremy?

Is this a backhanded compliment? Is he preparing for disaster? Is he trying to undermine Corbyn?

To be honest I don't think Labour are really running a general election campaign.

All we are seeing is the leadership election a few weeks early.

If Labour were really honest (yeah I know) they would admit publicly what they already know in private.

That they are looking at losing a minimum of 50 seats (probably a lot more)

For once McCluskey is right, loosing 30-40 would be a good result.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Train privatisation won't cost much as they won't have to buy them out, they just wait for the franchise's to expire.

Like he said yesterday it's an aim, not a 100 day promise, after the country is turned around there should be money available? to buy the water companies out.

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I just hope after labour lose that Corbyn doesn't hold on. I suspect McClusky is just laying the groundwork for that to explain why he should stay on but it doesn't make sense to say that on manifesto launch day, undermining it. So I've no idea what he's up to, don't like the man anyway and his grip on the labour party.

Grantham

"Train privatisation won't cost much as they won't have to buy them out, they just wait for the franchise's to expire.

Like he said yesterday it's an aim, not a 100 day promise, after the country is turned around there should be money available? to buy the water companies out.

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas. "

And owns all the locomotives, carriages, wagons etc? Only the track and infrastructure belongs to Network Rail, which is run by the Government.

There will be a huge cost to railway nationisation.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

And now on today's daily politics....mcClusky has changed his mind . Sun shines out of Corbyns arse and Labour are going to win....!

I shall try and stand up once the pissing myself laughing subsides.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Train privatisation won't cost much as they won't have to buy them out, they just wait for the franchise's to expire.

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas. "

They would have to buy the rolling stock which would cost millions so it is not free

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas. They would have to buy the rolling stock which would cost millions so it is not free"

Its second hand rolling stock. Id put in a silly bid and let them stew.Who else they gonna sell it to.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas. They would have to buy the rolling stock which would cost millions so it is not freeIts second hand rolling stock. Id put in a silly bid and let them stew.Who else they gonna sell it to. "

Who else are they going to buy the stock required from ? The companies can scrap the lot and walk away if they want or sell it abroad, without trains who is going to get to work ? There isnt enough rolling stock to buy to run a branch line let alone the whole network.

Rail journeys have doubled since privitisation in the uk whereas most countries have seen numbers fall in the same time, the subsidy per journey has also fallen a lot.

But hey lets just ignore the facts and spend billions we dont have on a political stunt

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas. They would have to buy the rolling stock which would cost millions so it is not freeIts second hand rolling stock. Id put in a silly bid and let them stew.Who else they gonna sell it to.

Who else are they going to buy the stock required from ? The companies can scrap the lot and walk away if they want or sell it abroad, without trains who is going to get to work ? There isnt enough rolling stock to buy to run a branch line let alone the whole network.

Rail journeys have doubled since privitisation in the uk whereas most countries have seen numbers fall in the same time, the subsidy per journey has also fallen a lot.

But hey lets just ignore the facts and spend billions we dont have on a political stunt"

Yes of course they'd be happy with the scrap value of the stock.Theyll sell it at a discount price cut their loses and run.Standard.

Costa Blanca Spain...

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas. They would have to buy the rolling stock which would cost millions so it is not freeIts second hand rolling stock. Id put in a silly bid and let them stew.Who else they gonna sell it to.

But hey lets just ignore the facts and spend billions we dont have on a political stuntYes of course they'd be happy with the scrap value of the stock.Theyll sell it at a discount price cut their loses and run.Standard. "

But if the government (I use that word loosely when referring to Labour) bids them in the bollocks they may as well just say fuck off we'll scrap the lot.

I certainly would.

But hey lets just ignore the facts and spend billions we dont have on a political stuntYes of course they'd be happy with the scrap value of the stock.Theyll sell it at a discount price cut their loses and run.Standard.

But if the government (I use that word loosely when referring to Labour) bids them in the bollocks they may as well just say fuck off we'll scrap the lot.

I certainly would."

Good luck explaining that to your share holders.

Grantham

I don't understand the negativity towards some of these ideas. They would have to buy the rolling stock which would cost millions so it is not free"

Most rolling stock across the network is modern, having had to confirm to the required H and S standards.

There is some late 1980s stuff on some branch lines, but there is a lot of new stuff due to come into service; Virgin East Coast Azumas due to start delivery next year, Direct Rail Services (through Beacon Leasing) locomotives and stock being delivered now for Manchester to Edinburgh and Liverpool to Newcastle services, and a huge stock refurbishment due on Greater Anglia.

Costa Blanca Spain...

But hey lets just ignore the facts and spend billions we dont have on a political stuntYes of course they'd be happy with the scrap value of the stock.Theyll sell it at a discount price cut their loses and run.Standard.

I certainly would.Good luck explaining that to your share holders. "

I'd sooner try to explain that than, the government tried to fuck us so I just bent over.

I certainly would.Good luck explaining that to your share holders.

I'd sooner try to explain that than, the government tried to fuck us so I just bent over."

Yeah they wont be useing any lube for sure.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

I certainly would.Good luck explaining that to your share holders. "

Labour have not been honest with the public about shareholders in private companies. Shareholders would kick up an awful fuss and look at every legal avenue available to them so they can hang onto their shares. Labour would have an almighty legal battle ahead of them on privatisation, months and months of legal wrangling in the courts, that they have not told the public about and guess who will be funding a Labour governments legal costs? Yep you guessed it the British tax payer again.

"Len McClusky is preparing the ground goodstyle. Apparently if Labour only loose 30-40 seats then it will be a "good" result for his mate Jeremy?

Don't take this the wrong way but, you strike me as somebody who has never and will never vote labour yet Continue to "worry" about they're policies

» Add a new message to this topic