FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The terror attack level is increased to critical.

The terror attack level is increased to critical.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The level have increased today from severe to critical and they will deploy the military on the streets to help the police, do you reckon it will be for a long time?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

children of men isn't just a film anymore

Will it be like france? I saw it when I was in the paris train station years ago, where they walked with their weapons openly.

By *isex blondieMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

The problem with that is... what are the rules of engagement if they suspect anything

These are soldiers not police

They'll be carrying guns

"Will it be like france? I saw it when I was in the paris train station years ago, where they walked with their weapons openly."

But did it stop the attacks? Doesn't feel like enough.

"Will it be like france? I saw it when I was in the paris train station years ago, where they walked with their weapons openly.

But did it stop the attacks? Doesn't feel like enough."

That is right, it didnt stop it, but it might of helped it abit there.

"Will it be like france? I saw it when I was in the paris train station years ago, where they walked with their weapons openly.

But did it stop the attacks? Doesn't feel like enough.That is right, it didnt stop it, but it might of helped it abit there."

I've not looked at the facts/data but hasn't it increased the attacks? It seems like it. Unless it was after the Paris attack then maybe not.

But did it stop the attacks? Doesn't feel like enough.That is right, it didnt stop it, but it might of helped it abit there.

I've not looked at the facts/data but hasn't it increased the attacks? It seems like it. Unless it was after the Paris attack then maybe not."

I reckon it have increased as well and yeah as it depends when you count it from, would a military force do better than the police?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Open stable door, horse gone, close door...

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

without minimising the awful attack and the devastation for those who have lost family,the truth is more people will die on our roads by the end of the week, are those lives worth any less, are those families any less affected? lets not get this out of proportion, we all must carry on as before, its what these criminals want, they want us to live in fear and destroy our way of life

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"without minimising the awful attack and the devastation for those who have lost family,the truth is more people will die on our roads by the end of the week, are those lives worth any less, are those families any less affected? lets not get this out of proportion, we all must carry on as before, its what these criminals want, they want us to live in fear and destroy our way of life"

This.

the man will not be a lone wolf hence the security.

We have a bomb maker in our midst and this will not be the only device he has made we found out in 70's how this plays out.

And No you can never find them all

"without minimising the awful attack and the devastation for those who have lost family,the truth is more people will die on our roads by the end of the week, are those lives worth any less, are those families any less affected? lets not get this out of proportion, we all must carry on as before, its what these criminals want, they want us to live in fear and destroy our way of life"

It's one thing to die in an accident another to die in a ruthless sadistic way ! For no reason ! murdered!

Do you really think the families can carry on as before or the people maimed in these attacks

Empty rhetoric !

But did it stop the attacks? Doesn't feel like enough.That is right, it didnt stop it, but it might of helped it abit there."

Thing is the Government has to be seen doing something but there's little else they can do to be honest.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Soldiers on the streets are not there to stop terrorist attacks, more to provide a level of reassurance to the general public.

The real work is being done behind closed doors by the spooks.

It isn't the government that up the threat level. It is an independent committee of security services. Has been for quite some time.

It was raised in 2005 and in 2007.... for a number of days in each case until the rest of the "cell" had been neutralised. Same will happen again.

Soldiers will not be patrolling the streets...they will take over guarding high profile "targets" in order to release more armed police for street patrols and other duties.

Latest info is that the Manchester bomber was probably NOT working alone. That there is a bomb maker/factory as yet unfound. Together with some kind of support network...4 people arrested in greater Manchester in last two days.

Let's keep calm and carry on...let the police and security services get on with their jobs.

But did it stop the attacks? Doesn't feel like enough.That is right, it didnt stop it, but it might of helped it abit there.

Thing is the Government has to be seen doing something but there's little else they can do to be honest."

Yes and it is more down to luck to prevent it, but they are doing a good job otherwise to prevent many other attempts.

The military will be protecting places such as the parliament, whilst the police will be on the streets.

As you were folks.....

» Add a new message to this topic