FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > the "may vs corbyn" sky/c4 debate tonight

the "may vs corbyn" sky/c4 debate tonight

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

so i am guessing we will all have a watch...

the format is they will be grilled by a studio audience first.... then grilled by Paxman...

who do you think comes out of this the better?

just because of the fact he has had to go thru the whole hustings thing rather than being coronated as such, that would lean to corbyn....

i want to see if the studio audience really do go after may on everyday topics.... on social care, on education, on health, on an uncosted manifesto, on the squueze on pensioners...... i think she could really be on the defensive if she has to face a nurse, or a teacher for example and try to answer to a few home truths.....

(quick sweepstake: how many times will she shoehorn "strong and stable" in?)

conversely i want to see if the audience go after him on his view of brexit, on defence, on why he thinks people love his policies by not him....

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *wingtolifeCouple  over a year ago

who knows

"so i am guessing we will all have a watch...

the format is they will be grilled by a studio audience first.... then grilled by Paxman...

just because of the fact he has had to go thru the whole hustings thing rather than being coronated as such, that would lean to corbyn....

i want to see if the studio audience really do go after may on everyday topics.... on social care, on education, on health, on an uncosted manifesto, on the squueze on pensioners...... i think she could really be on the defensive if she has to face a nurse, or a teacher for example and try to answer to a few home truths.....

conversely i want to see if the audience go after him on his view of brexit, on defence, on why he thinks people love his policies by not him.... "

isnt it rudd, the woman with failed million pound businesses taking charge because may is too weak and wobbly, whose brother is linked to tax evasion.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

conversely i want to see if the audience go after him on his view of brexit, on defence, on why he thinks people love his policies by not him.... "

I think the audience and Paxman will also go after Corbyn on his views on terrorism and security and defence. Also his views about trident.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I think the audience and Paxman will also go after Corbyn on his views on terrorism and security and defence. Also his views about trident. "

i think the IRA stuff plays well to politics "wonks" but not really is that important to the normal voters...

defence i think will absolutely come up and his view of trident

i think if the paxman and the audience are smaet with may today they will bring up every other subject than "brexit" because we all where she stands and that is where she is going to feel confident....

make her have to defend the cuts in education spending... the social care and pensioner stuff...

for example... the conservatives are hyping bringing in an abuse bill... but that doesn't then correlate on them cutting spending on women's refuges as such...

Cannock

"

I think the audience and Paxman will also go after Corbyn on his views on terrorism and security and defence. Also his views about trident.

i think the IRA stuff plays well to politics "wonks" but not really is that important to the normal voters...

i think if the paxman and the audience are smaet with may today they will bring up every other subject than "brexit" because we all where she stands and that is where she is going to feel confident....

make her have to defend the cuts in education spending... the social care and pensioner stuff...

for example... the conservatives are hyping bringing in an abuse bill... but that doesn't then correlate on them cutting spending on women's refuges as such..."

It's not just 'IRA stuff' with Corbyn though is it. When it comes to terrorism he has called organisations like Hezbollah and Hamas "friends" and said the death of Osama bin Laden was a tragedy. Then there is his views on the Falklands where he wants a power sharing deal with Argentina despite over 95% of the island voting to remain under 100% British rule. Corbyn always seems to want to side with Britain's enemy's, Paxman is a great interviewer, yes he will give May a tough time but Corbyn will also get a grilling.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Doubt I will bother to watch as I struggle to believe the pair of them are the best both parties can muster.

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

Hoefuly both get grilled well.

I think corbyn will struggle with:

Brexit, his negotiating position is a near 'remain'

Defence.

Credibilty to lead the country.

Uncosted spending plans.

Return to the 70s image.

May will struggle with all the usual tory stuff.

Let's see.

Will br interesting to see how May handles the u turns on pensions..

Dhe doesn't seem to have the same relaxed conversational skills or sense of humour when conversing with the electorate.

who knows

have a strong and stable drinking game, everytime she mentions strong one shot, stable 2 shots, stronger 3 shots stability 4 shots bet everyone will die of alcohol poisoning

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

conversely i want to see if the audience go after him on his view of brexit, on defence, on why he thinks people love his policies by not him.... isnt it rudd, the woman with failed million pound businesses taking charge because may is too weak and wobbly, whose brother is linked to tax evasion. "

Amber Rudd is doing the 7 party debate later in the week. Labour have yet to put their candidate forward; probably be John McDonnell but everyone secretly hoping for Diane Abbot.

"

for example... the conservatives are hyping bringing in an abuse bill... but that doesn't then correlate on them cutting spending on women's refuges as such...

It's not just 'IRA stuff' with Corbyn though is it. When it comes to terrorism he has called organisations like Hezbollah and Hamas "friends" and said the death of Osama bin Laden was a tragedy. Then there is his views on the Falklands where he wants a power sharing deal with Argentina despite over 95% of the island voting to remain under 100% British rule. Corbyn always seems to want to side with Britain's enemy's, Paxman is a great interviewer, yes he will give May a tough time but Corbyn will also get a grilling. "

You're quoting paper headlines.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I will be watching and unfortunately I think Corbyn will come out the better as she is useless under pressure more weak and unsure whereas Corbyn is just weak.

It is a pity it is on Sky as viewing figures will be quite low compared to ITV/BBC exposure

upton wirral

conversely i want to see if the audience go after him on his view of brexit, on defence, on why he thinks people love his policies by not him.... isnt it rudd, the woman with failed million pound businesses taking charge because may is too weak and wobbly, whose brother is linked to tax evasion.

Amber Rudd is doing the 7 party debate later in the week. Labour have yet to put their candidate forward; probably be John McDonnell but everyone secretly hoping for Diane Abbot."

If it is Abbot the polls will show May increasing her lead again

conversely i want to see if the audience go after him on his view of brexit, on defence, on why he thinks people love his policies by not him.... isnt it rudd, the woman with failed million pound businesses taking charge because may is too weak and wobbly, whose brother is linked to tax evasion.

Amber Rudd is doing the 7 party debate later in the week. Labour have yet to put their candidate forward; probably be John McDonnell but everyone secretly hoping for Diane Abbot.If it is Abbot the polls will show May increasing her lead again"

Who would be Labour's best chance?

"I will be watching and unfortunately I think Corbyn will come out the better as she is useless under pressure more weak and unsure whereas Corbyn is just weak.

It is a pity it is on Sky as viewing figures will be quite low compared to ITV/BBC exposure"

Define weak. He's not changed his position in the last 30 years. I'd call that strong possibly stubborn. He has accepted other peoples positions and as leader he went against his belief and added trident to the manifesto.

Ok he's a pacifist. He may not strike an enemy. But is diplomacy weak?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I will be watching and unfortunately I think Corbyn will come out the better as she is useless under pressure more weak and unsure whereas Corbyn is just weak.

It is a pity it is on Sky as viewing figures will be quite low compared to ITV/BBC exposure"

its being broadcast on both sky news and channel 4.....

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"

Define weak. He's not changed his position in the last 30 years. I'd call that strong possibly stubborn. He has accepted other peoples positions and as leader he went against his belief and added trident to the manifesto.

Ok he's a pacifist. He may not strike an enemy. But is diplomacy weak? "

easy answer Neville chamberlain.

It might be argued that peace in our time was a ploy to allow us time to rearm, however ASAIK he never claimed he did it for that reason so no it doesnt work, it just makes you look weak.

Its easy being a pacifist as long as someone else stands up to the bully for you.

Should we have gone into Iraq the second time, hindsight says no way but the first yes and the falklands also would he have defended them

It is a pity it is on Sky as viewing figures will be quite low compared to ITV/BBC exposure

I'd agree stubborn and ideological is how i see corbyn.

Cannock

"

It's not just 'IRA stuff' with Corbyn though is it. When it comes to terrorism he has called organisations like Hezbollah and Hamas "friends" and said the death of Osama bin Laden was a tragedy. Then there is his views on the Falklands where he wants a power sharing deal with Argentina despite over 95% of the island voting to remain under 100% British rule. Corbyn always seems to want to side with Britain's enemy's, Paxman is a great interviewer, yes he will give May a tough time but Corbyn will also get a grilling.

You're quoting paper headlines. "

Actually quoting Jeremy Corbyn. He is on the record as having said these things.

Cannock

Not changed his position in the last 30 years,.... except for the biggest issue of the day being Brexit. As George Galloway pointed out during the EU referendum campaign "Jeremy Corbyn stood beside me in just about every anti EU lobby going during the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's. He voted against the EU with me in Parliament at every given opportunity during that time."

Now he becomes Labour leader and all of a sudden he's a Remainer and supports the Remain campaign? That's not stubborn that's just stupid.

By *immywimmyMan  over a year ago

valleys

It's blatantly obvious that corbyn is not 100% remain and never was,, but to have a leader that for 30 yrs has answers to not being in the EU is not a bad place to start a discussion on getting out,, at least corbyn has had an opinion on it for 30 yrs,, not the last 30 days? X

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Can't wait for this. It will obviously be a 'victory' for Corbyn as he can think on his feet, understands his own policies and is able to talk about them with a natural human feeling seemingly absent from every other politician in Westminster.

The only real question is precisely how disastrous it will be for May. If Paxman puts any genuine pressure on her over either the true cost of Brexit, the absence of costs in her fag packet manifesto or the debt catastrophe her government have wrought she will gurn and splutter so hard they may switch a blank screen in case any children are watching.

I will honestly be surprised if she goes through with it.

"Can't wait for this. It will obviously be a 'victory' for Corbyn as he can think on his feet, understands his own policies and is able to talk about them with a natural human feeling seemingly absent from every other politician in Westminster.

The only real question is precisely how disastrous it will be for May. If Paxman puts any genuine pressure on her over either the true cost of Brexit, the absence of costs in her fag packet manifesto or the debt catastrophe her government have wrought she will gurn and splutter so hard they may switch a blank screen in case any children are watching.

I will honestly be surprised if she goes through with it."

No bias there then

Bristol

"Can't wait for this. It will obviously be a 'victory' for Corbyn as he can think on his feet, understands his own policies and is able to talk about them with a natural human feeling seemingly absent from every other politician in Westminster.

No bias there then "

Yes, it's called an opinion - and as such, it's naturally biased.

I guess I'm just lucky the campaign so far seems to be bearing my biased opinion out!

On bbc1 now on the election, may said, we got a clear plan for brexit, she dont lol.

Cannock

I will honestly be surprised if she goes through with it."

You seem as equally deluded now about Corbyn and Labour as you were on here about Labour and Ed Miliband during the 2015 general election. We all know how that turned out and those of us who were on here at the time will probably also remember your petulant toys out the pram moment when Miliband and Labour lost and Cameron and the Conservatives got a majority.

Corbyn can't think on his feet, he's proved that at Prime Ministers Questions in the house of commons since he became Labour leader. Hell he can't even think of his own questions to ask Theresa May who routinely gives him a spanking at PMQ's every Wednesday lunchtime.

Cannock

No bias there then

Yes, it's called an opinion - and as such, it's naturally biased.

I guess I'm just lucky the campaign so far seems to be bearing my biased opinion out! "

It doesn't though. Conservatives are still ahead in the opinion polls.

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Could they make it sound any more

like a game show?!

-Matt

I will watch it on +1

I'm starting to worry

Il never Vote labour !

But I'm starting to like Corbyn

He really try's to answer questions and I think his heart is in the right place

Help

I need to lie down

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think he dealt with most of those questions well..... the question from the small business owner could have been the one to sink him... but have to say he dealt with it well....

"I'm starting to worry

Il never Vote labour !

Help

I need to lie down "

Strange, the more I listen to him the more I dislike him, distrust him and know he is a liar

Barbados

"I'm starting to worry

Il never Vote labour !

Help

I need to lie down "

Lol. I have to say, he did very well. Much better than I was expecting. I do wonder if May gets to see how Corbyn did before she goes on? I presume they flipped a coin for the order or something.

And wtf was with the penultimate gentleman who was complaining as a small business owner about zero hours contracts and VAT on his kids school fees. If he has the money to be paying for private school fees then STFU. Maybe stopping exploiting his workers with zero hour contracts might mean his kids don't grow up in a shithole.

-Matt

He has done well !

The IRA issue is a problem , as I think the truth is , he did support them !

But he is a lot better than he is given credit for !

Barbados

Wow. Paxman is vicious. If he would shut up a second we might actually here an answer. If he treats May the same way she'll only manage to get 'Strong and' out.

-Matt

Paxman is coming over as a wanker ! I think he's past it

Newcastle and Gateshead

paxo is in rare form tonight.... impressed with how cool corbyn actually is....

Barbados

"Paxman is coming over as a wanker ! I think he's past it "

He is like a caricature of himself.

-Matt

By *iverpool LoverMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Paxman is obnoxious.

That isn't interviewing.

Lets see if he's equally obnoxious with may

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Paxman = asshole

Not even allowing the man to finish what he is saying. Yes challenge him but allow him to answer

British media is fucking shite no wonder people dont have a clue these dickheads are more interested in headlines that actually challenge these so called leaders

This could be a gift To Corbyn !

Paxmsn was taking the piss !

Newcastle and Gateshead

just to answer matts question about the procedure...

the conservatives wanted may to go first.... labour said flip a coin, botched it 1st time, labour won on 2nd attempt and said they would go first.....

anyway back to paxo with corbyn...

i think JC dealt with it really well... but you could see he was getting annoyed in the end...

Has everybody lost their marbles? Corbyn is a deluded dangerous man

I dislike Paxmans technique. I know he's trying to rattle Corbyn, but I wish he'd ask a question and listen to the answer.

That said, Corbyn comes across as weak and a danger to the security of this country.

The Council of Elrond

Now lets all fucking laugh and the so called strong and stable May eh

Bristol

Paxman made himself look a complete fool in that interview. Old, tired, worn out style of non-questioning. Infantile, treating the viewing audience like idiots. Wasted everyone's time.

If he's going to interview the leader of the Labour Party about the party manifesto, maybe someone should have told him it's the party's manifesto, rather than the leader's manifesto!

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Paxman is a asking straight questions to which Corby is trying his best to dodge. . DON'T get me wrong.I May will do her best to dodge them too . .

But I gotta say, Corby was embarrassed on one or two points/questions that came his way.

Hamas that he called friends? His shadow chancellor looking to disband MI5.? His support of IRA?

ah he ain't the man to lead my country.

Now it's time for May to shake,Quake, and stammer thru the Paxman grilling.

The questions I've seen for Corbyn have been straight and fair, Let's hope the next victim gets the same

Bristol

You seem as equally deluded now about Corbyn and Labour as you were on here about Labour and Ed Miliband during the 2015 general election. We all know how that turned out and those of us who were on here at the time will probably also remember your petulant toys out the pram moment when Miliband and Labour lost and Cameron and the Conservatives got a majority.

Corbyn can't think on his feet, he's proved that at Prime Ministers Questions in the house of commons since he became Labour leader. Hell he can't even think of his own questions to ask Theresa May who routinely gives him a spanking at PMQ's every Wednesday lunchtime. "

Why is Theresa May scared of debating him then?

You probably think Theresa May has led an incredible campaign. Well, managing to cutting a 24 point lead in the polls down to just 4 points is pretty incredible leadership, I'll give you that!

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"I'm starting to worry

Il never Vote labour !

Help

I need to lie down

Strange, the more I listen to him the more I dislike him, distrust him and know he is a liar"

There all liers mate Corbin came accross really well and tried to answer the questions well

Yes I'm like the most don't really like him

Just seen the first 10 mins of may questions and as normal haven't answers very well

As usual she skips the answer all the time

"Has everybody lost their marbles? Corbyn is a deluded dangerous man "
we normally agree , and I still do to an extent , but he came accriss well and Pacman was a prick !

I'd never Vote for him but an abstention on my part is a possibility !

Snag is until we get PR if dosnt really matter !

Bristol

"Paxman is a asking straight questions"

Are you being serious?!

By *avagliamMan  over a year ago

London

Dressing in red... Same strategy as with the red bus spreading the 350millions a week lie; surely some will fall for that.

Corbyn can't think on his feet, he's proved that at Prime Ministers Questions in the house of commons since he became Labour leader. Hell he can't even think of his own questions to ask Theresa May who routinely gives him a spanking at PMQ's every Wednesday lunchtime.

You probably think Theresa May has led an incredible campaign. Well, managing to cutting a 24 point lead in the polls down to just 4 points is pretty incredible leadership, I'll give you that! "

When you have a strong lead in the polls, it is crazy to go in to a debate... your demi-God Bliar said as much and refused a televised debate when he was in the same position.

Newcastle and Gateshead

that police answer was shacky....

and its all well and good here talking about the social care and Winter fuel issues.... but she fudges them all because they are all uncosted...

its the uncosted thing that has gotten my goat this election....

and getting hammered on education spending....

Bristol

You probably think Theresa May has led an incredible campaign. Well, managing to cutting a 24 point lead in the polls down to just 4 points is pretty incredible leadership, I'll give you that!

When you have a strong lead in the polls, it is crazy to go in to a debate... your demi-God Bliar said as much and refused a televised debate when he was in the same position. "

Of course - but they no longer have a strong lead in the polls. So will we see a debate?

Theresa May won't debate Corbyn because, as she is demonstrating right now before our very eyes, she has no answers. Even the audience are laughing at her!

Bristol

When you have a strong lead in the polls, it is crazy to go in to a debate... your demi-God Bliar said as much and refused a televised debate when he was in the same position. "

And 'my demi-God Blair'? Are you thinking of someone else? I hate Blair almost as much as I hate Cameron and May!

Barbados

Wow, May really is coming across badly in this. She hasn't managed to answer a single question, her voice is wobbling and the audience is laughing at her.

-Matt

Bristol

May's face and voice tell you everything.

This soft audience are terrifying her. Anyone who thinks she is going to be able to stand up to strong EU negotiators is living in la la land!

Well for what it's worth !

At the moment I'm codisering abstaining having been determined to vote Conservative for the first time !

And if I do it will be the first time I have never voted !

So if I stick to it , it will prove TV debates work !

The Council of Elrond

The only reason the Tories have a difference in option in Scotland because they damn well know Scotland will tell them to fuck right off with cutting winter fuel

Yes they tried to devolve welfare to Scotland but not 100% devolved dont let these bastards kid you on.

The Tories seem to thing they can force through policy and if the Scottish government dont like it they can mitigate it all the time ie clean up the Tory mess they can fuck right off

Bristol

On this evidence, May's main problem seems to be that she finds it hard to connect well with humans.

Barbados

"Well for what it's worth !

At the moment I'm codisering abstaining having been determined to vote Conservative for the first time !

And if I do it will be the first time I have never voted !

So if I stick to it , it will prove TV debates work ! "

If you do decide to abstain, at least turn up and spoil your ballet. Then at least you will be counted in the voter turn out figures.

-Matt

Newcastle and Gateshead

you can see why CCHQ want to keep her out of as many set piece debate situations as possible..... i don't know if it just a confidence thing, because if this was BoJo as leader for example i think they would put him up at every chance...

Bournemouth

She is making herself look a fool if it was a strong audience she would be in a hell of a mess

Can't believe the audience are laughing at her

Bristol

"you can see why CCHQ want to keep her out of as many set piece debate situations as possible..... i don't know if it just a confidence thing, because if this was BoJo as leader for example i think they would put him up at every chance..."

Even the picture of May bookending the adverts makes her look like a psychopath.

Oh my days, I thought she'd be bad, but this is something else. Wonder if Paxo will go easy on her?

The Council of Elrond

Tory manifesto is just a list of public consultations....do they know what they want to do...if they do they are deliberately hiding it.

Ask them what the cap is and no answer how the hell can you trust someone like that.

Barbados

Best comment on twitter yet:

"Looks like Jeremy Paxman's has worn off"

lol

-Matt

Newcastle and Gateshead

paxo is being a bit more deliberate this time round.... this is more effective..

The Council of Elrond

"Best comment on twitter yet:

"Looks like Jeremy Paxman's has worn off"

lol

-Matt"

Lmao he must have been told off his bosses claim the fuck down lol

Barbados

"paxo is being a bit more deliberate this time round.... this is more effective.."

He is not letting her slide, but he is not interrupting her anywhere near as much as Corbyn. Nor is he hounding her on out-of-context conversations 30 years ago.

But credit to Paxman for pointing out that Osbourne said that May's budget is economically illiterate.

-Matt

Bournemouth

Lots of glum faces in the audience at mays answers

Bristol

Well, if you came way from that thinking Theresa May is in any way strong and stable, I fear for your cognitive functions.

Newcastle and Gateshead

i think she was on the ropes right till paxo turned it back to brexit at the end... that was a godsend for may!

upton wirral

May won hands down,Paxmen should lead the brexit negotiations.

Seriously she proved she has far more about her than Corbyn who is totally irresponsible and should not be in charge of anything.

Paxman is very childish and wont let corbyn finish what he is saying.

Barbados

"May won hands down,Paxmen should lead the brexit negotiations.

Seriously she proved she has far more about her than Corbyn who is totally irresponsible and should not be in charge of anything."

What debate were you watching?!

She didn't manage to answer a single question, and was laughed at by the audience at the absurdity of her answers and blatant lies.

-Matt

upton wirral

Seriously she proved she has far more about her than Corbyn who is totally irresponsible and should not be in charge of anything.

She didn't manage to answer a single question, and was laughed at by the audience at the absurdity of her answers and blatant lies.

-Matt"

That is because Corbyn is to weak and Paxmen chewed him up,May controlled him that is why she is a leader and Corbyn is not,we need her to do Brexit that became very very clear

liverpool

Seriously she proved she has far more about her than Corbyn who is totally irresponsible and should not be in charge of anything."

Really?

That's what you got from watching that?

Grantham

That just turned into a platform for Paxman to try and relaunch his career.

If you ask a question, then allow the person to answer! Don't hector or badger incessantly and don't try to put words in people's mouths!

No winners there, no losers either.

liverpool

[Removed by poster at 29/05/17 22:12:41]

The Council of Elrond

Did you not hear the audience laugh at May ? Where did you hear them laugh at Corbyn they sat and listened.

It took to the very end when they went back to brexit and you got the pro leave side clapping away where were they all 90mins ?

May is an embarrassment.

Thank fuck Scotland has a FM that is fucking great and debating running a country.

Bournemouth

Are you on drugs may was abysmal she came across as usual Dam awful

Bristol

Newcastle and Gateshead

-MattThat is because Corbyn is to weak and Paxmen chewed him up,May controlled him that is why she is a leader and Corbyn is not,we need her to do Brexit that became very very clear"

yep.... definately watching two different debates here.....

okay... lets put it different

did May do anything to appeal to those outside her Core "hard brexit" base..... no

did Corbyn do anything to appeal to those outside his base..... yes...

seriously though.. i don't see how when trying to answer the questions on policing, social care and education you could honestly think "she fucking nailed that answer!!!"

Those that support may must be smoking something lol.

London

"paxo is being a bit more deliberate this time round.... this is more effective..

He is not letting her slide, but he is not interrupting her anywhere near as much as Corbyn. Nor is he hounding her on out-of-context conversations 30 years ago.

But credit to Paxman for pointing out that Osbourne said that May's budget is economically illiterate.

-Matt"

Paxy was far more benign towards May than Corbyn. My vote goes for labour: Corbyn shows he is a good leader when he openly discusses about his interests prioritizing's the party interests; May instead did not sounded bloody difficult but woefully confused and confirmed she is opportunistic.

upton wirral

"Those that support may must be smoking something lol."
Common sense it is called

Newcastle and Gateshead

".Common sense it is called"

rather than spin lets turn this around...

were you fine with her answers to the questions on policing... on social care... on the winter fuel allowance and on education?

"Those that support may must be smoking something lol.Common sense it is called"
No, its not, that is your opinion of it, not the mainstream.

upton wirral

".Common sense it is called

were you fine with her answers to the questions on policing... on social care... on the winter fuel allowance and on education?"

No to all exept her answer on the fuel allowance,and exepted her answer as being ok on policing,education no but it was not pie in the sky at least.It is not about agreeing with her but who would be the best leader for the country at this time and on that she is ten times the leader Corbyn will ever be

Bournemouth

[Removed by poster at 29/05/17 22:37:57]

were you fine with her answers to the questions on policing... on social care... on the winter fuel allowance and on education?"

I was yes. And if you think that I am alone, watch the polls widen and the pound start to rise again from tomorrow.

Cannock

"Those that support may must be smoking something lol."

It's the Lib dem voters who smoke .

Barbados

were you fine with her answers to the questions on policing... on social care... on the winter fuel allowance and on education?No to all exept her answer on the fuel allowance,and exepted her answer as being ok on policing,education no but it was not pie in the sky at least.It is not about agreeing with her but who would be the best leader for the country at this time and on that she is ten times the leader Corbyn will ever be"

You have a very odd definition of a leader then. It would seem the word you might be confusing it with is 'dictator'. May was all about I/me. Corbyn was all about we/us. The way he talked about setting his own personal opinions an aside to take the views of the rest of his party was what a true leader does.

-Matt

The Council of Elrond

were you fine with her answers to the questions on policing... on social care... on the winter fuel allowance and on education?

I was yes. And if you think that I am alone, watch the polls widen and the pound start to rise again from tomorrow. "

You were fine on her not answering questions ? Strange way of thinking.

Are you ok with May not telling people what the cap with be ?

What makes you trust a woman that has done so many u-turns ? Do you trust her on brexit ? And how so ? Do you want her just to walk away with no deal ?

upton wirral

I was yes. And if you think that I am alone, watch the polls widen and the pound start to rise again from tomorrow.

What makes you trust a woman that has done so many u-turns ? Do you trust her on brexit ? And how so ? Do you want her just to walk away with no deal ? "

Her answer om the caps was very good and honest aqnd very refreashing and her attitude towards Brexit is exellent

who knows

she was definitely weak and wobbly, paxman gave her an easy ride, prob had all questions given to her before hand.

didnt really answer them

did say stability once so thats 4 shots, probably been advised not to, because people can see through her.

watched on facebook and amount of angry smilies covering her face says it all.

a few fools will vote for her who cant tell their arse from their elbow

Bournemouth

Based on that tonight

Corbyn came out on top make no bones about that

I think they will pick up a lot of votes from the undeciders and also from the tories

People are getting fed up with may and all her bullshit me included

Bournemouth

"she was definitely weak and wobbly, paxman gave her an easy ride, prob had all questions given to her before hand.

didnt really answer them

did say stability once so thats 4 shots, probably been advised not to, because people can see through her.

watched on facebook and amount of angry smilies covering her face says it all.

a few fools will vote for her who cant tell their arse from their elbow"

Totally agree with you

Cannock

-MattThat is because Corbyn is to weak and Paxmen chewed him up,May controlled him that is why she is a leader and Corbyn is not,we need her to do Brexit that became very very clear"

Easy win for Theresa May in my view. Corbyn was dire and the reason the audience were not laughing at Corbyn's answers is because they were sitting in shocked silence, open mouthed and aghast as the television pictures showed. Did you see the guy in the audience open mouthed with his hand over his face while Corbyn was speaking about the IRA, Hamas and the Falklands, a picture paints a thousand words. The 2 members of the audience interviewed by sky news after the programme said after what they saw and heard they would both be voting Conservative and this will be reflected across the country after tonight's programme.

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 29/05/17 22:57:34]

upton wirral

"Based on that tonight

Corbyn came out on top make no bones about that

I think they will pick up a lot of votes from the undeciders and also from the tories

People are getting fed up with may and all her bullshit me included "

I was not going to vote but will now vote tory as May was impressive tonight,the polls will see her widening the gap again

Newcastle and Gateshead

the reason why i framed it like that was tonight were:

policing .... no more money

social care .... uncosted (blank cheque)

winter fuel .... uncosted (blank cheque)

Education .... Real term spending cut!

and some people here as hailing those answers as brilliant...

and then you wonder why people laughed when she said labour figures don't add up.... (newsflash.... the IFS also said your figures, well the ones you made, don't add up either!)

The Council of Elrond

What makes you trust a woman that has done so many u-turns ? Do you trust her on brexit ? And how so ? Do you want her just to walk away with no deal ? Her answer om the caps was very good and honest aqnd very refreashing and her attitude towards Brexit is exellent"

You think it was good that she still cannot tell people what the cap will be ? How in the hell is that being strong and stable leader when she is asking people to vote for her policies yet will not tell people what the cap will be lol

So you think walking away with no deal is great then ?

who knows

-MattThat is because Corbyn is to weak and Paxmen chewed him up,May controlled him that is why she is a leader and Corbyn is not,we need her to do Brexit that became very very clear

Easy win for Theresa May in my view. Corbyn was dire and the reason the audience were not laughing at Corbyn's answers is because they were sitting in shocked silence, open mouthed and aghast as the television pictures showed. Did you see the guy in the audience open mouthed with his hand over his face while Corbyn was speaking about the IRA, Hamas and the Falklands, a picture paints a thousand words. The 2 members of the audience interviewed by sky news after the programme said after what they saw and heard they would both be voting Conservative and this will be reflected across the country after tonight's programme. "

lol you reflect on two people being interviewed after.

you do realise they can interview and show whoever they want on tv.

with editing. whatever way they wantbto skew it

Cannock

What makes you trust a woman that has done so many u-turns ? Do you trust her on brexit ? And how so ? Do you want her just to walk away with no deal ? Her answer om the caps was very good and honest aqnd very refreashing and her attitude towards Brexit is exellent"

Theresa May will have convinced a lot of ukip voters to vote Conservative tonight for her position on brexit. Corbyn's position on brexit is laughable, he'll accept any deal and that just tells the EU to offer the worst deal possible. He kept saying free movement of people will end once we leave the EU but he wants to stay in the single market. The EU have made it crystal clear if you stay in the single market you must accept free movement. Corbyn can't do both he hasn't got a clue and is living in cloud cookoo land.

By *athy1Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

May hasn't a. Clue how to answer questions never gives the answer just goes round the houses

We're laughing at some of the comments on here

Corbyn will have more votes tonight after that show he came across realy proffesional

He has our votes suck and tired of all the conservative crap

As corbyn said....use your ears, rather than just your mouth.

She said there will be a green paper (as it said in manifesto). In other words decision will be made after consultation and listening to charities and other organisations at the cutting edge. I don't see a problem in that.

Overall I expected Corbyn to come out better than he did. I was, sadly disappointed.

May came out better than I had expected too.

liverpool

were you fine with her answers to the questions on policing... on social care... on the winter fuel allowance and on education?No to all exept her answer on the fuel allowance,and exepted her answer as being ok on policing,education no but it was not pie in the sky at least.It is not about agreeing with her but who would be the best leader for the country at this time and on that she is ten times the leader Corbyn will ever be

You have a very odd definition of a leader then. It would seem the word you might be confusing it with is 'dictator'. May was all about I/me. Corbyn was all about we/us. The way he talked about setting his own personal opinions an aside to take the views of the rest of his party was what a true leader does.

-Matt"

Agree completely.

May was all about her self whilst corbyn was all about his party.

He is right it isn't a dictatorship, the manifesto represents the party as a whole and he understands this.

Even mays entire campaign has been "team may" "mays team". On banners and barely a mention of conservatives.

Cannock

"the reason why i framed it like that was tonight were:

and then you wonder why people laughed when she said labour figures don't add up.... (newsflash.... the IFS also said your figures, well the ones you made, don't add up either!)"

Labours manifesto plans cannot be costed because they are assuming a rise in Corporation tax will bring in more money. All previous evidence suggests that raising it will lead to less investment in the UK as investors move money overseas and less income to the exchequer.

The Council of Elrond

What makes you trust a woman that has done so many u-turns ? Do you trust her on brexit ? And how so ? Do you want her just to walk away with no deal ? Her answer om the caps was very good and honest aqnd very refreashing and her attitude towards Brexit is exellent

Theresa May will have convinced a lot of ukip voters to vote Conservative tonight for her position on brexit. Corbyn's position on brexit is laughable, he'll accept any deal and that just tells the EU to offer the worst deal possible. He kept saying free movement of people will end once we leave the EU but he wants to stay in the single market. The EU have made it crystal clear if you stay in the single market you must accept free movement. Corbyn can't do both he hasn't got a clue and is living in cloud cookoo land. "

Breaking news to people get this UK election is not only on brexit ?

I mean do people care about Tory policies or is it just about brexit and only brexit for people and fuck the rest.

My opinion i would never ever vote for a party that is taking away free schools meals for kids making the disabled go in and prove they are unfit to work. Taking £30 of ESA/ PIP

But yeah i get it for some people its all about brexit at any cost and fuck policies eh

bournemouth

What makes you trust a woman that has done so many u-turns ? Do you trust her on brexit ? And how so ? Do you want her just to walk away with no deal ? Her answer om the caps was very good and honest aqnd very refreashing and her attitude towards Brexit is exellent

Theresa May will have convinced a lot of ukip voters to vote Conservative tonight for her position on brexit. Corbyn's position on brexit is laughable, he'll accept any deal and that just tells the EU to offer the worst deal possible. He kept saying free movement of people will end once we leave the EU but he wants to stay in the single market. The EU have made it crystal clear if you stay in the single market you must accept free movement. Corbyn can't do both he hasn't got a clue and is living in cloud cookoo land.

I mean do people care about Tory policies or is it just about brexit and only brexit for people and fuck the rest.

My opinion i would never ever vote for a party that is taking away free schools meals for kids making the disabled go in and prove they are unfit to work. Taking £30 of ESA/ PIP

But yeah i get it for some people its all about brexit at any cost and fuck policies eh

"

Spot on your so right

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

She said there will be a green paper (as it said in manifesto). In other words decision will be made after consultation and listening to charities and other organisations at the cutting edge. I don't see a problem in that.

"

....but that is not what she sent out all her spokespeople out to originally say...

thats not what the person who would have to lead out this policy, jeremy hunt, said.......

if she said everything is up for discussion, then where did she get the "floor" figure from? why was there no mention of a cap? ect ect....

I said in the tory manifesto thread on launch day this one issue would come back to bite them hard...... I actually explained to people what it meant!

that is why they had to change policy on the fly.....

Bristol

"As corbyn said....use your ears, rather than just your mouth.

Overall I expected Corbyn to come out better than he did. I was, sadly disappointed.

May came out better than I had expected too."

I can only conclude you were expecting her to wet herself live on air, or sit staring at Paxman like a deaf mute for fifteen minutes unable to utter a word, as that is the only way tonight's performance could have bettered expectation!

I laugh when people lap up that 'no deal is better than a bad deal' rubbish. If Paxman had any integrity he would have asked her 'what's the difference?' Because it's quite obvious there isn't a single person in the Tory party, or who voted to Leave, who could give you a sensible answer.

Policing answer could be hit and miss from May. I understood that policing is not needed. We need new skills. Cyber crime and counter terrorism. It's like telling labourers we don't need you anymore we have automation.

Fabio, you forgot the NHS question.

Cannock

To the SNP supporters commenting on here, an SNP representative was interviewed on sky news after the programme and said from watching there was "no clear winner".

I can only conclude you were expecting her to wet herself live on air, or sit staring at Paxman like a deaf mute for fifteen minutes unable to utter a word, as that is the only way tonight's performance could have bettered expectation!

I laugh when people lap up that 'no deal is better than a bad deal' rubbish. If Paxman had any integrity he would have asked her 'what's the difference?' Because it's quite obvious there isn't a single person in the Tory party, or who voted to Leave, who could give you a sensible answer."

I think they're the same

London

I laugh when people lap up that 'no deal is better than a bad deal' rubbish. If Paxman had any integrity he would have asked her 'what's the difference?' Because it's quite obvious there isn't a single person in the Tory party, or who voted to Leave, who could give you a sensible answer."

Maybe Paxy showed his colour... And it isn't red.

"To the SNP supporters commenting on here, an SNP representative was interviewed on sky news after the programme and said from watching there was "no clear winner". "

Was it sky news? You know they're biased to the Tories.

Bristol

were you fine with her answers to the questions on policing... on social care... on the winter fuel allowance and on education?No to all exept her answer on the fuel allowance,and exepted her answer as being ok on policing,education no but it was not pie in the sky at least.It is not about agreeing with her but who would be the best leader for the country at this time and on that she is ten times the leader Corbyn will ever be

-Matt

Agree completely.

He is right it isn't a dictatorship, the manifesto represents the party as a whole and he understands this.

Even mays entire campaign has been "team may" "mays team". On banners and barely a mention of conservatives."

They are changing that now though, as they have realised what a horror show May is. By polling day I doubt she will even be on the telly!

It's really quite amazing. If the Tories win, I reckon she has a year at maximum as PM. I would even suggest they will get rid of her within two months of a win. This campaign has been an utter disaster, and the party won't forgive.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

I did try asking this exact question a couple of times last week....

other than centaur saying "....oh, and trident!" (which is actually in the labour manifesto saying they would keep it) nobody got back with an answer... or did say it was solely on brexit... which is kinda depressing!

Cannock

"

As an SNP supporter all you seem to care about is Scottish independence so it's a bit rich of you to accuse others of only caring about Brexit. Anyway Brexit is fundamental to this general election as brexit secretary David Davis pointed out on sky news after the programme Brexit and the nature of the Brexit deal will affect the economy and everything else follows the brexit deal be it social care, NHS, police spending , education, etc, so yes EVERYTHING follows Brexit and Brexit is the most important issue in this election.

Cannock

"

I did try asking this exact question a couple of times last week....

other than centaur saying "....oh, and trident!" (which is actually in the labour manifesto saying they would keep it) nobody got back with an answer... or did say it was solely on brexit... which is kinda depressing!"

On trident it may be in the Labour manifesto but Emily Thornberry said it could be scrapped after a defence review if Labour win and we all know Corbyn's personal view is he wants to get rid of it.

The Council of Elrond

"To the SNP supporters commenting on here, an SNP representative was interviewed on sky news after the programme and said from watching there was "no clear winner". "

And your point is ? Am voting SNP doesnt mean i have to agree with what he said.

My opinion while i do not agree with Labour as they are fucking pish in Scotland i will say Corbyn came out a clear winner tonight. Paxman didnt really allow him to answer questions but Corbyn still managed to get across what he wanted. Note that it is the pro Tory side trying to bring up the IRA shite on Corbyn its like people are trying to cover up pish Tory polices and trying to bring up past to cover that shit up

May was an embarrassment. same old shite soundbites couldnt answer a damn question and had to get in her wee no deal is better than a bad deal shite soundbite to please the leave voters.

Seems people care more about brexit than actually listening and deciding what policy sounds best in a UK election yes again i will say it a UK election its not all about fucking brexit

Cannock

-Matt

Agree completely.

Even mays entire campaign has been "team may" "mays team". On banners and barely a mention of conservatives.

They are changing that now though, as they have realised what a horror show May is. By polling day I doubt she will even be on the telly!

It's really quite amazing. If the Tories win, I reckon she has a year at maximum as PM. I would even suggest they will get rid of her within two months of a win. This campaign has been an utter disaster, and the party won't forgive."

Now you doubt Theresa May will be on the telly come election day? Earlier today you said you would be surprised if Theresa May even turned up for tonight's programme.

I guess you got surprised tonight then.

The Council of Elrond

As an SNP supporter all you seem to care about is Scottish independence so it's a bit rich of you to accuse others of only caring about Brexit. Anyway Brexit is fundamental to this general election as brexit secretary David Davis pointed out on sky news after the programme Brexit and the nature of the Brexit deal will affect the economy and everything else follows the brexit deal be it social care, NHS, police spending , education, etc, so yes EVERYTHING follows Brexit and Brexit is the most important issue in this election. "

Thats your opinion fair enough.

Problem with that is i even understand this is a UK election it has fuck all to do with a Scottish independence referendum or Scottish independence i know how the pro union side is spinning it though any lose in seats kills off independence which is not true but again its a UK election .

That was in 2016 Scottish elections thats been and gone it was voted for end of ive moved on now this is a UK election and what i said in another thread in the BBC interview with Nicola the BBC kept with there asking about devolved issues that has nothing to do with a UK election and as i said how will that help people to hear what SNP mp's would do in Westminster ?

Only watched about 5 minutes and in that time I learnt that Corbyn is anti monarchy and would like to abolish it, can't back up his figures, would not have fought to protect the liberties of the British Nationals on The Falklands and doesn't agree with his party's manifesto but he is despised too much by his own party to get his plans approved.

If he can fuck up that much in 5 minutes I dread to think how badly the rest went. Didn't bother with any more so can't comment.

Bristol

Yes, I was surprised. Surprised she turned up - but her 'rabbit in headlights' performance showed I was correct to deduce she'd be terrified by the audience and interview, compared to Corbyn's easy charm.

I must also admit to being surprised at how terrible she was. I've obviously known (as has anyone who has seen PMQs) that she is utterly hopeless at dealing with questions, but I am truly amazed that with a campaign team priming her for a thirty minute appearance she can't come across as even vaguely convincing as a serious politician, let alone as a strong PM leading the most important negotiation of our generation.

She must be thanking her lucky stars for the UKIP idiot vote, or she would be getting slaughtered at the polls.

bournemouth

"Only watched about 5 minutes and in that time I learnt that Corbyn is anti monarchy and would like to abolish it, can't back up his figures, would not have fought to protect the liberties of the British Nationals on The Falklands and doesn't agree with his party's manifesto but he is despised too much by his own party to get his plans approved.

If he can fuck up that much in 5 minutes I dread to think how badly the rest went. Didn't bother with any more so can't comment."

You should have watched the other 85 mins you would have had a different view if you had seen may speak

Never answered a question talked drivel as always and to be honest came across as a pathetic dictator

Cannock

"Yes, I was surprised. Surprised she turned up - but her 'rabbit in headlights' performance showed I was correct to deduce she'd be terrified by the audience and interview, compared to Corbyn's easy charm.

I must also admit to being surprised at how terrible she was. I've obviously known (as has anyone who has seen PMQs) that she is utterly hopeless at dealing with questions, but I am truly amazed that with a campaign team priming her for a thirty minute appearance she can't come across as even vaguely convincing as a serious politician, let alone as a strong PM leading the most important negotiation of our generation.

She must be thanking her lucky stars for the UKIP idiot vote, or she would be getting slaughtered at the polls. "

As I said earlier you are as deluded about Corbyn and Labour now as you were about Ed Miliband and Labour in 2015.

The Council of Elrond

On the last part where May got the cheers and claps on her '' No deal is better than a bad deal

I wonder if any of them care or have thought about What would "no deal" mean for the Irish border? Would they be happy for the Good Friday agreement to end

Cannock

"On the last part where May got the cheers and claps on her '' No deal is better than a bad deal

I wonder if any of them care or have thought about What would "no deal" mean for the Irish border? Would they be happy for the Good Friday agreement to end

"

The UK could do a bilateral deal on the Irish border issue with Rep of Ireland. The UK already has a bilateral deal with France on border controls called the Treaty of Le Touquet which has nothing to do with the EU.

Bristol

"Yes, I was surprised. Surprised she turned up - but her 'rabbit in headlights' performance showed I was correct to deduce she'd be terrified by the audience and interview, compared to Corbyn's easy charm.

She must be thanking her lucky stars for the UKIP idiot vote, or she would be getting slaughtered at the polls.

As I said earlier you are as deluded about Corbyn and Labour now as you were about Ed Miliband and Labour in 2015. "

Well, we'll see. As Corbyn has cut her lead in the polls by around 19 points so far, it seems the public aren't as convinced by her as you seem to be.

And like I said, take away the UKIP idiot vote, and she really would have nothing. The Tories know there is a sizeable chunk of the population stupid enough to vote for anyone who will tell them Brexit means Brexit. If May manages to keep hold of her slim lead, it will be due to the wacko vote from people who shouldn't be allowed to turn on a tap, let alone vote in an election to decide the future of our country.

Still, whoever gets into number 10, thanks to the loony Leavers the UK economy is fucked anyway, so what does it really even matter!

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

May came out better than I had expected too."

The cap nonsense was laughable. There was no mention of a cap in the manifesto, in fact Hunt et al briefed that there wouldnt be a cap. The cap is the U turn response. May is a complete joke

Essex

"Only watched about 5 minutes and in that time I learnt that Corbyn is anti monarchy and would like to abolish it, can't back up his figures, would not have fought to protect the liberties of the British Nationals on The Falklands and doesn't agree with his party's manifesto but he is despised too much by his own party to get his plans approved.

If he can fuck up that much in 5 minutes I dread to think how badly the rest went. Didn't bother with any more so can't comment."

You need a hearing test. He most certainly did not say that he wanted to abolish the monarchy nor did he say that he didnt back the manifesto. Amazing how you can watch 5 minutes and get so much wrong

Essex

"On the last part where May got the cheers and claps on her '' No deal is better than a bad deal

The UK could do a bilateral deal on the Irish border issue with Rep of Ireland. The UK already has a bilateral deal with France on border controls called the Treaty of Le Touquet which has nothing to do with the EU. "

The two are NOT analagous in any way whatsoever

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"the reason why i framed it like that was tonight were:

and then you wonder why people laughed when she said labour figures don't add up.... (newsflash.... the IFS also said your figures, well the ones you made, don't add up either!)"

Thing is, in most peoples eyes, including mine, the Conservatives don't have to prove themselves economically. Most people, or enough at least, believe they are economically credible. The same just can't be said for Labour.

Grantham

To be honest, I think a lot of people had already formed their opinions before the programme was even broadcast.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

The UK could do a bilateral deal on the Irish border issue with Rep of Ireland. The UK already has a bilateral deal with France on border controls called the Treaty of Le Touquet which has nothing to do with the EU. "

Many think that treaty is illegal under EU law but no one has challenged it so there may not be an option for the UK and Ireland to sign such an agreement. Not to mention Macron has said that he is looking to renegotiate or end the treaty which would lead to thousands of migrants ending up in the UK with the only options being to keep them or send them back to their country of origin.

The UK could do a bilateral deal on the Irish border issue with Rep of Ireland. The UK already has a bilateral deal with France on border controls called the Treaty of Le Touquet which has nothing to do with the EU.

Many think that treaty is illegal under EU law but no one has challenged it so there may not be an option for the UK and Ireland to sign such an agreement. Not to mention Macron has said that he is looking to renegotiate or end the treaty which would lead to thousands of migrants ending up in the UK with the only options being to keep them or send them back to their country of origin."

Or just npt let them on the ferry in the first place!

France has let them in by one border or another.

Theres a difference between migrants and asylem seekers

Grantham

The Government would just apply the same rules that apply to airlines..a huge fine for every person without documentation trying to enter.

£10k per person does rather put the onus on the Ferry Company

Barbados

"The Government would just apply the same rules that apply to airlines..a huge fine for every person without documentation trying to enter.

£10k per person does rather put the onus on the Ferry Company"

Apart from the fact it is very difficult to build/fly your own aircraft. Anyone with an ounce of determination can float across the channel. I've paddled across in a kayak and my sister has swum across.

-Matt

Grantham

"The Government would just apply the same rules that apply to airlines..a huge fine for every person without documentation trying to enter.

Apart from the fact it is very difficult to build/fly your own aircraft. Anyone with an ounce of determination can float across the channel. I've paddled across in a kayak and my sister has swum across.

-Matt"

And migrants aren't doing that now?

Barbados

-Matt

And migrants aren't doing that now?"

Exactly. So putting a 10k fine of ferry companies isn't going to be that effective is it?

-Matt

Grantham

-Matt

And migrants aren't doing that now?

Exactly. So putting a 10k fine of ferry companies isn't going to be that effective is it?

-Matt"

Yes,I'm quite happy to accept your assurances that once France rips up the Le Torquet agreement, that no migrant without the correct papers, will ever try and blag their way onto a ferry or offer money to get a lift in a UK bound car or truck.

And France will continue to observe the Lisbon Treaty correctly as well.

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

-Matt"

Blimey thats good did she do the whole swim or was she part of a relay doing it ?

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"To be honest, I think a lot of people had already formed their opinions before the programme was even broadcast."

Barbados

-Matt

Blimey thats good did she do the whole swim or was she part of a relay doing it ? "

She was part of a relay with a bunch of nurses raising money for their kids ward.

-Matt

Barbados

"To be honest, I think a lot of people had already formed their opinions before the programme was even broadcast. "

Of course they did. But seeing how weak May came across and how well Corbyn came across even with seemingly d-up Paxman ranting at him. I think some of the unsure might have seen the emporer had no clothes on and not vote her back.

-Matt

i just hope we all remember we are voting for the party whichever one we vote for not the party leaders . My neighbours say ooo i dont like him/her but its the party not the person i think xxx

Barbados

"i just hope we all remember we are voting for the party whichever one we vote for not the party leaders . My neighbours say ooo i dont like him/her but its the party not the person i think xxx"

Indeed. And more so voting on the *policies* of that party. But whilst we are voting for a party, the leader of that party does play an important role. So whilst we don't directly vote for them (despite what Theresa May keeps saying) they do have an important part in our decision making process. The Tory party campaign so far has been *all* about May. Even look at the banners, they are very US-style and just mention 'May', some don't even have the party name on. But that doesn't seem to work well when you then have that sole person unwilling to engage with the public, and who has to stage manage every appearance. And when they do then appear on live TV you can see why, they are nervous, weak, and unable to answer any questions. Yet you are meant to believe that this is the sole person who can negotiate the tough negotiations we have ahead.

I've yet to hear a Tory voter this election say "I like the policies proposed in the Conservative manifesto". All they seem to say is "I like May". Or "We need May to negotiation Brexit" or "I don't like/trust Corbyn".

-Matt

Barbados

And alas millions of people are going to read The Sun today and believe its hallucinating account of what happened:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3676866/jeremy-corbyn-squirms-over-ira-and-the-queen-during-live-tv-debate-as-theresa-may-proves-she-is-the-only-credible-choice-for-number-10/

I mean, even the bullet points at the start are inaccurate.

"REFUSED to give his backing to the monarchy, saying only that he tolerated the Queen because “we live in a democracy”;"

Paxman asked Corybn why disbanding the monarchy was not in their manifesto. What kind of random question is that? Corbyn replied "Because we are not going to". Which is pretty clear response to that question.

"ADMITTED he believed al- Qaeda boss Osama Bin Laden’s killing was “a tragedy”;"

..because he wanted him captured and to stand trial for what he did. What is so wrong with that? Surely that is better justice?

"AGAIN refused to say he would authorise a nuclear strike"

A flat out lie. When asked if he would write the letters of last resort, he said he would.

And the rest of the article is similarly deluded. The 'verdict' and 'body language' parts are a joke.

"Jeremy Corbyn got the laughs, but the PM appeared to win the respect."

Appeared to win the respect?! She was laughed at 3 times by the audience!

And the hypocrisy of attacking Corbyn on not putting a figure on immigration, when May couldn't put a figure on the dementia tax cap (the cap that she promised was not going to be there, then assures us is not a u-turn introducing it). Or put a figures on any of the rest of her manifesto.

-Matt

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

I've just picked up this morning's Metro. No mention of the tv debate on the front page. Instead, they have mentioned a interview, nay 'quiz' and called it 'prime minister's? question time' on page 12 & 13. No indication that you have to turn to page 11 for their report on the debate.

Silence can speak volumes....

who knows

"And alas millions of people are going to read The Sun today and believe its hallucinating account of what happened:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3676866/jeremy-corbyn-squirms-over-ira-and-the-queen-during-live-tv-debate-as-theresa-may-proves-she-is-the-only-credible-choice-for-number-10/

"REFUSED to give his backing to the monarchy, saying only that he tolerated the Queen because “we live in a democracy”;"

Paxman asked Corybn why disbanding the monarchy was not in their manifesto. What kind of random question is that? Corbyn replied "Because we are not going to". Which is pretty clear response to that question.

"ADMITTED he believed al- Qaeda boss Osama Bin Laden’s killing was “a tragedy”;"

..because he wanted him captured and to stand trial for what he did. What is so wrong with that? Surely that is better justice?

A flat out lie. When asked if he would write the letters of last resort, he said he would.

And the rest of the article is similarly deluded. The 'verdict' and 'body language' parts are a joke.

And the hypocrisy of attacking Corbyn on not putting a figure on immigration, when May couldn't put a figure on the dementia tax cap (the cap that she promised was not going to be there, then assures us is not a u-turn introducing it). Or put a figures on any of the rest of her manifesto.

-Matt"

cant read that tosh of a paper.

they only like war mongerers.

must be something to do with murdochs dealings with gas companies in the middle east.

why the chavs think that the sun is on their side astonishes me.

cheap holidays, sport and tits i guess.

what else could a chav want!!

Barbados

"And alas millions of people are going to read The Sun today and believe its hallucinating account of what happened:

-Matt cant read that tosh of a paper.

must be something to do with murdochs dealings with gas companies in the middle east.

"

Well, I admit as a teenage lad, I was quite partial to the tits. Then when I became more politically aware I stopped reading it. Then since the referendum I've started to look at it again, as I've wanted to see what 'the people' are seeing that makes them make such bizarre decisions. Know thy enemy I guess. Generally every morning I read through The Sun, The Guardian, BBC News and Fox News to try and get a balanced view. I should probably include something like The Straits Times as well, but only so much time in the day.

The interesting thing, is look at the comments on that Sun article... even the majority of the comments there are saying that May did worse and/or questioning if the Sun actually saw the debate. They've even started to alienate their own readers.

-Matt

who knows

Well, I admit as a teenage lad, I was quite partial to the tits. Then when I became more politically aware I stopped reading it. Then since the referendum I've started to look at it again, as I've wanted to see what 'the people' are seeing that makes them make such bizarre decisions. Know thy enemy I guess. Generally every morning I read through The Sun, The Guardian, BBC News and Fox News to try and get a balanced view. I should probably include something like The Straits Times as well, but only so much time in the day.

The interesting thing, is look at the comments on that Sun article... even the majority of the comments there are saying that May did worse and/or questioning if the Sun actually saw the debate. They've even started to alienate their own readers.

-Matt"

oh wasnt accusing you of reading the sun.

but for demographics sake the sun should not be a tory paper as it is.

the sun is losing track nd some its readers who see sense know its not worth the paper to shit on.

apparently theres a petition going around to ban the sun from manchester.

i guess it gives the image that the chavs are better off than the homeless, so makes them feel good about themselves.

to be honest theyve been alienating their readers for donkeys years but give them a free english flag for football every 2 years or so theyre happy. then give the managers and players a good kicking.

By *0tt0nSu3Woman  over a year ago

London

-Matt oh wasnt accusing you of reading the sun.

the sun is losing track nd some its readers who see sense know its not worth the paper to shit on.

i guess it gives the image that the chavs are better off than the homeless, so makes them feel good about themselves.

to be honest theyve been alienating their readers for donkeys years but give them a free english flag for football every 2 years or so theyre happy. then give the managers and players a good kicking.

"

I think all of the newspapers are guilty of being disdainful of the general public. They are seriously deluded in the opinion that they can influence their readers when there are other methods of communication that they can get news from.

Now there is Twitter and Facebook. Yes, you can get fake news there, that is true. However they were instrumental in starting the Arab Spring and getting the news out of regions that had restrictions in movement and communication. So they somewhat have their uses.

I am very wary of mainstream media now (msm) and will now go looking in other places to verify stories. I'm not the only one either. Sometimes even tweets between politicians and political bloggers produce more accurate news than the stories in the newspapers.

I'm sort of glad that this arrogant pose has been taken by msm. Maybe it'll be the beginning of the end of power of the press.

Maybe.

By *eepndarkMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"

for example... the conservatives are hyping bringing in an abuse bill... but that doesn't then correlate on them cutting spending on women's refuges as such..."

You were bang on with this. Brexit she had off patter. The rest was a shambles.

By *eepndarkMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

-Matt oh wasnt accusing you of reading the sun.

I think all of the newspapers are guilty of being disdainful of the general public. They are seriously deluded in the opinion that they can influence their readers when there are other methods of communication that they can get news from.

Now there is Twitter and Facebook. Yes, you can get fake news there, that is true. However they were instrumental in starting the Arab Spring and getting the news out of regions that had restrictions in movement and communication. So they somewhat have their uses.

I am very wary of mainstream media now (msm) and will now go looking in other places to verify stories. I'm not the only one either. Sometimes even tweets between politicians and political bloggers produce more accurate news than the stories in the newspapers.

I'm sort of glad that this arrogant pose has been taken by msm. Maybe it'll be the beginning of the end of power of the press.

Maybe."

"partial to the tits" lol.

I don't understand Joe Bloggs reading this shite. I have family memeber I have to "educate" before starting a conversation due to the Mail and The Sun. They just blame everything on immigration ironically enough.

as far as Bin laden is concerned I am not even convinced he had anythig to do with the attack.Far far too many coincidences.

Barbados

"I think all of the newspapers are guilty of being disdainful of the general public. They are seriously deluded in the opinion that they can influence their readers when there are other methods of communication that they can get news from.

Maybe."

I think you might overestimate the general public. I think the newspapers still have a massive influence on the sentiment of the population. Whilst I agree social media does have a big influence now, I think the paper media still has a lot of sway for far too many people.

What is interesting is if you search the #battlefornumber10 hashtag on twitter you will see that the support is overwhelmingly in favour of Corbyn. The number of people that said they were skeptical of him before, but won over by the 'debate' is huge. And a glance through the avatar pics of those posting, it is not just younger members.

-Matt

By *y Favorite PornstarCouple  over a year ago

Slough

Possibly the worst paxman interview I've ever seen. A left wing conspiracy to avoid talking about anything important. Not even a mention of the elephant in the room - DEBT.

If he can fuck up that much in 5 minutes I dread to think how badly the rest went. Didn't bother with any more so can't comment.

You need a hearing test. He most certainly did not say that he wanted to abolish the monarchy nor did he say that he didnt back the manifesto. Amazing how you can watch 5 minutes and get so much wrong"

Amazing how you can get it so wrong. What Corbyn didn't say spoke volumes. If you can't see through that then you are a politician's dream.

Barbados

You need a hearing test. He most certainly did not say that he wanted to abolish the monarchy nor did he say that he didnt back the manifesto. Amazing how you can watch 5 minutes and get so much wrong

Amazing how you can get it so wrong. What Corbyn didn't say spoke volumes. If you can't see through that then you are a politician's dream."

So by that logic I presume you are not voting Tory then? As your ears must still be ringing from the deafening silence of the answers May didn't give to any of the questions asked.

-Matt

Amazing how you can get it so wrong. What Corbyn didn't say spoke volumes. If you can't see through that then you are a politician's dream.

So by that logic I presume you are not voting Tory then? As your ears must still be ringing from the deafening silence of the answers May didn't give to any of the questions asked.

-Matt"

Didn't watch May. I don't have time for either May or Corbyn, I didn't intend to watch any of the programme but made the mistake of listening to Corbyn talking shite for 5 minutes. But some are so blinded by party loyalty they refuse to believe what they hear. Extremely sad.

Bournemouth

-Matt

Didn't watch May. I don't have time for either May or Corbyn, I didn't intend to watch any of the programme but made the mistake of listening to Corbyn talking shite for 5 minutes. But some are so blinded by party loyalty they refuse to believe what they hear. Extremely sad."

Do you n what your talking about and it's seems you either had ear plugs in or the sound down on the tv utter tripe

Bournemouth

I was yes. And if you think that I am alone, watch the polls widen and the pound start to rise again from tomorrow. "

See you have that wrong as most of the crap that comes out of your gob

Polls haven't risen and guess what the pound has DROPPED AGAIN

Polls haven't risen and guess what the pound has DROPPED AGAIN"

actually the polls haven't just "not risen" .... type election polls 2017 into bing and see what happens

"Possibly the worst paxman interview I've ever seen. A left wing conspiracy to avoid talking about anything important. Not even a mention of the elephant in the room - DEBT. "

What debt?

The 750 billon the Tories have added?

The 750 billion that labour added?

The 350 billon we had before bailing out wealthy people?

The private debt which dwarfs the state debt?

The private debt which both parties for 40 years have encouraged people to get into because they couldn't push wages up?

Polls haven't risen and guess what the pound has DROPPED AGAIN

actually the polls haven't just "not risen" .... type election polls 2017 into bing and see what happens "

The value of the pound dropped after a projection suggested the Conservatives could fail to win an outright majority in the election on 8 June.

Previous opinion polls suggested Prime Minister Theresa May's party would increase its majority, which is currently 17 seats.

But the projection, published in the Times and based on YouGov research, suggests a possible hung parliament.

Sterling fell by more than 0.5% before recovering some losses.

Which debt are we concerned about? Replace state debt with private debt, guess what you still have to pay interest in it and low and behold you actually pay way more interest in private debt and it has exactly the same consequences, more debt repayments to individuals means less money spent in the economy, state debt had to rise for the last ten years because of the very reason that private debt was falling, no new debt means no new money which means no growth which is the predicament that Greece was and is in!

How do you tax the poorest in society to pay off a large debt?

How does stopping paying a small amount of benefits (which in reality is payed straight into the economy not hoarded in the Virgin islands) cure large debts, if any of this was remotely even possible Greece wouldn't be where Greece are today

Grantham

The poll predicting a hung parliament, and highlighted by the Times, does come with a high margin of error!

Housebuilding has also slowed down, and that has pushed the pound down a little as well.

A hung parliament will drag the pound down. We need an outright win, one way or the other next week, to get a "bounce" into the pound.

How do you even propose to balance the books when we net import 10 billon a month in goods?.

Where do you get the the new 10 billon a month from to replace it without debt.

How does every country in Europe become an exporter when we only ACTUALLY trade with ourselves???.

If somebody is an exporter then somebody has to be an importer, that's just factual and if somebody is importing they need debt to replace the outgoing money, that's just factual, and if your importing massively like we do then you have to have massive debts like we do, strong currencies (like we have) make exporting hard work but taking foreign holidays cheap (more money going out).

What the public seem to demand is illogical and crazy but then that's why they vote in illogical crazy governments constantly

Slough

"Possibly the worst paxman interview I've ever seen. A left wing conspiracy to avoid talking about anything important. Not even a mention of the elephant in the room - DEBT. .

What debt?

The 750 billon the Tories have added?

The 750 billion that labour added?

The 350 billon we had before bailing out wealthy people?

The private debt which dwarfs the state debt?

The private debt which both parties for 40 years have encouraged people to get into because they couldn't push wages up?

"

The sum of the first three that will soon cost more than the education budget to service. It's cool if we just shut down your kids schools so we can pay interest right? Everyone can just home school their kids and shit.

Slough

"Which debt are we concerned about? Replace state debt with private debt, guess what you still have to pay interest in it and low and behold you actually pay way more interest in private debt and it has exactly the same consequences, more debt repayments to individuals means less money spent in the economy, state debt had to rise for the last ten years because of the very reason that private debt was falling, no new debt means no new money which means no growth which is the predicament that Greece was and is in!

How does stopping paying a small amount of benefits (which in reality is payed straight into the economy not hoarded in the Virgin islands) cure large debts, if any of this was remotely even possible Greece wouldn't be where Greece are today"

Greece are in their siutation because of mass fraud and corruption. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Look to ireland for a sympathy worthy example.

"The poll predicting a hung parliament, and highlighted by the Times, does come with a high margin of error!

Housebuilding has also slowed down, and that has pushed the pound down a little as well.

A hung parliament will drag the pound down. We need an outright win, one way or the other next week, to get a "bounce" into the pound."

We need the pound to crash through the fucking floor!.

That's the only way out of the mess were in, I'm sorry nobody likes that but that's just life

London

-Matt

Didn't watch May. I don't have time for either May or Corbyn, I didn't intend to watch any of the programme but made the mistake of listening to Corbyn talking shite for 5 minutes. But some are so blinded by party loyalty they refuse to believe what they hear. Extremely sad."

Five minutes? You sure JC spoke that much?... Paxy probably let him talk for 3mins max and for the rest of the interview he (in a rush?) did only but putting words in JC's mouth; seeing such a biased interview was SAD!

"Which debt are we concerned about? Replace state debt with private debt, guess what you still have to pay interest in it and low and behold you actually pay way more interest in private debt and it has exactly the same consequences, more debt repayments to individuals means less money spent in the economy, state debt had to rise for the last ten years because of the very reason that private debt was falling, no new debt means no new money which means no growth which is the predicament that Greece was and is in!

How does stopping paying a small amount of benefits (which in reality is payed straight into the economy not hoarded in the Virgin islands) cure large debts, if any of this was remotely even possible Greece wouldn't be where Greece are today

Greece are in their siutation because of mass fraud and corruption. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Look to ireland for a sympathy worthy example. "

They had no big state debt , they have a big state debt now from bailing out banks from private debt, they let have let the rich get away from paying taxes for decades I'll agree but they had no big state debt until they had to bail there banks out from private debt

Greece are in their siutation because of mass fraud and corruption. They have nobody to blame but themselves. Look to ireland for a sympathy worthy example. "

Look to Ireland!.

How does mimicking a country with the debt of 5 million people solve our predicament?.

If you'd said look to Japan maybe but Ireland is a piss poor example!

Ireland to Greece would be a better example of curing Greece's problems maybe

But lets not pretend Ireland don't excel in corruption and tax avoidance, hell they could give a lesson to that to Greece