FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Conservatives running away from another issue.. policing

Conservatives running away from another issue.. policing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Whilst I would never blame the pm personally for the attacks over the last few months... is it fair game to attack her on policing cuts in her time as Home Secretary

The cons are either fudging the issue or blatantly lying this morning

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

She was home Secretary for 7 years.She bears full responsibility for the rise in violent crime up 27% since the loss of 20,000 officers.

If this drop in officers has any correlation to the recent terrorism then she should be sent to the tower..

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Of course she is to blame!

Her first act on becoming Home Secretary was to cut MI5 by 5%, cut GCHQ by 5%, cut police funding and cut the number of armed officer. Its less than 2 years since she told the police federation that they were scaremongering when they warned her that this would happen because of the cuts she imposed! Of course she is to blame!

Without doubt she has to accept some level of responsibility. On both immigration and police numbers she has failed badly yet she continues to attack Corbyn on Trident.

Is she planning to nuke homegrown terrorists?

It's plainly obvious where the limited security resources that we have should go and it's not on nuclear weapons that cost a fortune and will never be used.

By *oodmessMan  over a year ago

yumsville

I was watching the Daily Politics.

According to the host, in 2015 Labour voted to cut Police numbers by a further by 10%.

I am only commenting as I know which way I am voting and Labour have pissed me off.

No Shoot To Kill Corbyn on the swing again!

yumsville

^ the 10% cut didn't go ahead btw

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"I was watching the Daily Politics.

According to the host, in 2015 Labour voted to cut Police numbers by a further by 10%.

I am only commenting as I know which way I am voting and Labour have pissed me off.

No Shoot To Kill Corbyn on the swing again! "

Just so long as you are not basing you opinion on the November interview that Laura Kuenssberg did that the BBC Trust ruled was inaccurate, and that Kuenssberg edited two different questions and answers together:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/18/bbc-trust-says-laura-kuenssberg-report-on-jeremy-corbyn-was-inaccurate-labour

-Matt

actually it's fair enough to call into question her whole strategy toward terrorism over the last 7 years seeing as we are now experiencing a spike in incidences

yumsville

"I was watching the Daily Politics.

No Shoot To Kill Corbyn on the swing again!

Just so long as you are not basing you opinion on the November interview that Laura Kuenssberg did that the BBC Trust ruled was inaccurate, and that Kuenssberg edited two different questions and answers together:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/18/bbc-trust-says-laura-kuenssberg-report-on-jeremy-corbyn-was-inaccurate-labour

-Matt"

No this (again by Kuenssberg) but in 2015. A full video of the interview is in the huffpost link so you view for any bias on question edits.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015/11/16/jeremy-corbyn-not-happy-w_n_8577128.html

He goes so far to say ISIS are "obviously and totally wrong" for their acts (3:15)

At 6:00 he avoids a question on military action against islamic extremists.

At 8:00 he dodges a question of security services on streets moving it to the Police in general.

At 8:30 he says "he is not happy with the shoot to kill policy that is it quite dangerous" He then moves to stopping the act before it happens.

yumsville

"actually it's fair enough to call into question her whole strategy toward terrorism over the last 7 years seeing as we are now experiencing a spike in incidences"

Ya - due to a Blair war ..

"actually it's fair enough to call into question her whole strategy toward terrorism over the last 7 years seeing as we are now experiencing a spike in incidences

Ya - due to a Blair war .. "

like there's only ever been 0ne warmonger running the country since 1945 .... get a grip

By *anesjhCouple  over a year ago

LONDON.

"actually it's fair enough to call into question her whole strategy toward terrorism over the last 7 years seeing as we are now experiencing a spike in incidences

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

I see Corbyn has now said he will do everything he can to protect the people in the need UK!

Until he says he supports trident and would be prepared to use it if ever the need arises I just don't belive a word he says!

moston

"I see Corbyn has now said he will do everything he can to protect the people in the need UK!

Until he says he supports trident and would be prepared to use it if ever the need arises I just don't belive a word he says!"

But you do believe Mrs May who does exactly the opposite of what she says.

Now lets see if I can remember what we call that...

Ah yes...

Lying...

So you refuse to believe the man who has steadfastly stuck to his principals for decades and has been pilloried by the media and his political opponents over decades for his views that they adopt usually between 10 and 20 years after he first says it is the right thing to do. But you will believe the liar who cant keep her word for a week!

I recommend you apply for a PIP your selective deafness and blindness should qualify you for the highest level of payment and 24 hour care.

yumsville

"I see Corbyn has now said he will do everything he can to protect the people in the need UK!

Until he says he supports trident and would be prepared to use it if ever the need arises I just don't belive a word he says!"

In all honesty. His plans are pie in the sky if you actually look at them.

They are a great testimonial for any Govt to achieve. They are a great wishlist, a great ideal but like him (and his cabinet members really) he just cannot stick to the plan.

I am no longer convinced. I'm out.

ROMFORD

Until he says he supports trident and would be prepared to use it if ever the need arises I just don't belive a word he says!

Ah yes...

Lying...

So you refuse to believe the man who has steadfastly stuck to his principals for decades and has been pilloried by the media and his political opponents over decades for his views that they adopt usually between 10 and 20 years after he first says it is the right thing to do. But you will believe the liar who cant keep her word for a week!

I recommend you apply for a PIP your selective deafness and blindness should qualify you for the highest level of payment and 24 hour care. "

OK this is my opinion and I'm not going to get into a slanging debate about it.

I respect you have a different one, I hope you can do the same.

However would you say Corbyn was lying in 2015 when he said he was 'not happy' with the Mets shoot to kill policy considering he is now in favour of it!

"^ the 10% cut didn't go ahead btw"

That would be because they didn't win in 2015.....it was their policy had they done so!

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I don't believe anything may says either

She is a liability just watch this space when she wins the he and leads us out of Brexit our troubles will begin I wouldn't trust her with a tube of smarties

By *abio OP   Man  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Okay.... since it seems to have gotten a bit partisan.... which is stronger

His words....... or her actions?

Because it seem like people are looking at one whilst forgetting the other.....

the reality of the situation is that she has been in charge of home affairs and lately of everything .... so she is solely responsible for the strategy that she has followed and it hasn't worked ... she should do the long walk into the wilderness now, but unfortunately at the moment, there is only 329 other completely incompetant idiots from which the torys are able to choose another leader .... that changes on thursday by either gaining a few more incompetant tory idiots or a few less

moston

"I respect you have a different one, I hope you can do the same.

However would you say Corbyn was lying in 2015 when he said he was 'not happy' with the Mets shoot to kill policy considering he is now in favour of it!"

I apologise for the sarkie barb at the end of my last post but I really am getting fed up with the Corbyn is cant be trusted posts by Tory supporters but not a word about Mrs May continual bare faced lies.

As for his (JC's) comments, I remember them and what he said was he is uncomfortable with any shoot to kill policy, that it is much better to stop or apprehend people before it gets to a point where there is a need to shoot them. As a fat old former military man with experience of active service and a very aggressive and violent attitude I have to say I want my politicians to be extremely uncomfortable with the use of force because the military (and I expect the police) is full of young fit men and women with very similar attitudes to mine and I don't want politicians that are looking for fights! It never ends well when the likes of me are left off the leash.

ROMFORD

"I respect you have a different one, I hope you can do the same.

However would you say Corbyn was lying in 2015 when he said he was 'not happy' with the Mets shoot to kill policy considering he is now in favour of it!

I apologise for the sarkie barb at the end of my last post but I really am getting fed up with the Corbyn is cant be trusted posts by Tory supporters but not a word about Mrs May continual bare faced lies.

As for his (JC's) comments, I remember them and what he said was he is uncomfortable with any shoot to kill policy, that it is much better to stop or apprehend people before it gets to a point where there is a need to shoot them. As a fat old former military man with experience of active service and a very aggressive and violent attitude I have to say I want my politicians to be extremely uncomfortable with the use of force because the military (and I expect the police) is full of young fit men and women with very similar attitudes to mine and I don't want politicians that are looking for fights! It never ends well when the likes of me are left off the leash."

That being said and a very good point it was, you gave a good politicians answer without answering the question. Lol

For a man who stands by his views he seems to have changed his tune all of a sudden!

moston

Funny how somehow being uncomfortable equates to being against if it is said by JC and must become the subject of discussion. However May cutting more than 1500 armed police officers and over 20,000 in total while Home Secretary should be ignored because she is 'Strong and Stable'...

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Of course she is to blame!

Her first act on becoming Home Secretary was to cut MI5 by 5%, cut GCHQ by 5%, cut police funding and cut the number of armed officer. Its less than 2 years since she told the police federation that they were scaremongering when they warned her that this would happen because of the cuts she imposed! Of course she is to blame!"

Well the person who will be Home secretary if Labour win, Diane Abbott has said she wants to abolish and get rid of MI5 and MI6. I'd rather have a 5% cut than get rid of the whole thing like Diane Abbott wants.

Cannock

"Without doubt she has to accept some level of responsibility. On both immigration and police numbers she has failed badly yet she continues to attack Corbyn on Trident.

Is she planning to nuke homegrown terrorists?

It's plainly obvious where the limited security resources that we have should go and it's not on nuclear weapons that cost a fortune and will never be used."

It was under the Blair Labour government between 1997 and 2010 when immigration sky rocketed here as Blair opened to floodgates to all and sundry. Also we had very high levels of policing when 7/7 terrorist attack happened under the Blair Labour government, the high levels of policing then didn't prevent 7/7 happening.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

You forgot libya..

Cannock

Ah yes...

Lying...

I recommend you apply for a PIP your selective deafness and blindness should qualify you for the highest level of payment and 24 hour care. "

Steadfastly stuck to his principles.....are you having a laugh????

Corbyn who opposed the EU his whole career and then turned his back on his anti EU principles to back the Remain campaign. Corbyn is a spineless sell out when it comes to his so called principles.

Cannock

You forgot libya.."

Which happened under a coalition government. The Lib dems had an equal hand in that and deputy Prime Minister Clegg seemed pretty keen on bombing Libya at the time.

Cannock

They are a great testimonial for any Govt to achieve. They are a great wishlist, a great ideal but like him (and his cabinet members really) he just cannot stick to the plan.

I am no longer convinced. I'm out. "

As the audience member said on the BBC when questioning Corbyn, the Labour manifesto is a fantasy letter to Santa Claus.

moston

"Well the person who will be Home secretary if Labour win, Diane Abbott has said she wants to abolish and get rid of MI5 and MI6. I'd rather have a 5% cut than get rid of the whole thing like Diane Abbott wants. "

Has she? Is it in the Labour manifesto?

Can you supply a verification link?

However May has pleged in her manifesto to scrap the Serious Fraud Office...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/may-vows-to-axe-serious-fraud-office-892d30dfk

Cannock

"Okay.... since it seems to have gotten a bit partisan.... which is stronger

His words....... or her actions?

Because it seem like people are looking at one whilst forgetting the other....."

I'd say Corbyn's actions. Just look at his voting record in Parliament. He boasted about voting against every anti-terror law during the entire duration of his career in politics.

moston

"I'd say Corbyn's actions. Just look at his voting record in Parliament. He boasted about voting against every anti-terror law during the entire duration of his career in politics. "

Name an anti terror law that has worked?

I would not be able to, however I do know every anti terror law further undermines and restricts our freedom. The very thing we are told they are needed to safeguard. I also notice that as each one proves to be a failure a more draconian one is added to the list. The laws passed to fight 'the war on terror' are like the laws passed to fight 'the war on drugs'. Rather than reducing the problem they add to it.

There is a very old saying:

When you find yourself in a hole you should stop digging before it is so deep you cant get out. The Tories and ToryLite (New Labour) governments have been digging holes since 1979! It is about time we stop them digging! We have made a start in the Labour Party and we have a chance of having a centre left government, its time for a real change and to start repairing the damage of the last 38 years!

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

You forgot libya..

Which happened under a coalition government. The Lib dems had an equal hand in that and deputy Prime Minister Clegg seemed pretty keen on bombing Libya at the time. "

Total cop out..

Look at the ratio of lib dem's to tories in that cabinet..

That was a Cameron decision trying to look like he had some bollock's on the world stage, against all the advise..

Cannock

"Well the person who will be Home secretary if Labour win, Diane Abbott has said she wants to abolish and get rid of MI5 and MI6. I'd rather have a 5% cut than get rid of the whole thing like Diane Abbott wants.

Has she? Is it in the Labour manifesto?

Can you supply a verification link?

However May has pleged in her manifesto to scrap the Serious Fraud Office...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/may-vows-to-axe-serious-fraud-office-892d30dfk

"

As Fabio said earlier you can either judge someone on their words or their actions. As the link shows Diane Abbott voted for a motion in Parliament in April 1989 which called for the abolition of MI5 and the Met police special branch.

www.express.co.uk/news/politics/804823/Labour-Diane-Abbott-police-MI5-Met-IRA-General-Election-2017-Early-Day-Motion

cameron, clegg and 555 other mps voted aye to warmongering in libya in 2011.... guess which 13 mps gave a noe vote to warmongering in libya at that time

ROMFORD

[Removed by poster at 05/06/17 18:02:06]

Cannock

"I'd say Corbyn's actions. Just look at his voting record in Parliament. He boasted about voting against every anti-terror law during the entire duration of his career in politics.

I would not be able to, however I do know every anti terror law further undermines and restricts our freedom. The very thing we are told they are needed to safeguard. I also notice that as each one proves to be a failure a more draconian one is added to the list. The laws passed to fight 'the war on terror' are like the laws passed to fight 'the war on drugs'. Rather than reducing the problem they add to it.

When you find yourself in a hole you should stop digging before it is so deep you cant get out. The Tories and ToryLite (New Labour) governments have been digging holes since 1979! It is about time we stop them digging! We have made a start in the Labour Party and we have a chance of having a centre left government, its time for a real change and to start repairing the damage of the last 38 years!

Centre Left...!! Lol

His government would be so far left your neck would hurt straining to find it..! "

Looking back to the 1970's

moston

"Total cop out..

That was a Cameron decision trying to look like he had some bollock's on the world stage, against all the advise..

"

Remember Obama's first comment on meeting him...

"What a lightweight"

caMoron showed his real colours when he lost the referendum...

Remember "I'll trigger article 50 immediately if the country vote for brexit", or "I'll not be resigning but will oversee our exit from the EU"...

The Tory party are good at breaking their word.

Remember Boris in front of that bus:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-nhs-350m-a-week-eu-change-britain-gisela-stuart-referendum-bus-a7236706.html

Nice photo of it there if you've forgotten his brexit lies!

Tories are good at lying!

ROMFORD

"I'd say Corbyn's actions. Just look at his voting record in Parliament. He boasted about voting against every anti-terror law during the entire duration of his career in politics.

When you find yourself in a hole you should stop digging before it is so deep you cant get out. The Tories and ToryLite (New Labour) governments have been digging holes since 1979! It is about time we stop them digging! We have made a start in the Labour Party and we have a chance of having a centre left government, its time for a real change and to start repairing the damage of the last 38 years!"

Centre Left...!! Lol

His government would be so far left your neck would hurt straining to find it..! 

Sorry deleted this post by mistake so reposting it.

ROMFORD

"Total cop out..

Remember Obama's first comment on meeting him...

"What a lightweight"

caMoron showed his real colours when he lost the referendum...

Remember "I'll trigger article 50 immediately if the country vote for brexit", or "I'll not be resigning but will oversee our exit from the EU"...

The Tory party are good at breaking their word.

Remember Boris in front of that bus:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/brexit-nhs-350m-a-week-eu-change-britain-gisela-stuart-referendum-bus-a7236706.html

Nice photo of it there if you've forgotten his brexit lies!

Tories are good at lying!"

We have not left the EU yet so we are still paying 19 Billion to them!

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I am no longer convinced. I'm out.

As the audience member said on the BBC when questioning Corbyn, the Labour manifesto is a fantasy letter to Santa Claus. "

God you write some tripe get in the real world

moston

"We have not left the EU yet so we are still paying 19 Billion to them!"

And the Tories have already said that the land subsidies paid to large land owners and the owners of set aside rights will be continued after we leave the EU and we know that when it comes to giving money to the rich then the Tories always keep their word. So that's quite a big hole in the 350 million a week before they start giving extra tax cuts to the rich. Of course if the Tories get back in much of the NHS will have been sold off to Virgin Medical in 2 years time.

"Whilst I would never blame the pm personally for the attacks over the last few months... is it fair game to attack her on policing cuts in her time as Home Secretary

The cons are either fudging the issue or blatantly lying this morning "

Mayor of London mentioned further cuts coming at around 1.7 billion..

Cannock

"We have not left the EU yet so we are still paying 19 Billion to them!

And the Tories have already said that the land subsidies paid to large land owners and the owners of set aside rights will be continued after we leave the EU and we know that when it comes to giving money to the rich then the Tories always keep their word. So that's quite a big hole in the 350 million a week before they start giving extra tax cuts to the rich. Of course if the Tories get back in much of the NHS will have been sold off to Virgin Medical in 2 years time."

If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden?

By *wingtolifeCouple  over a year ago

who knows

And the Tories have already said that the land subsidies paid to large land owners and the owners of set aside rights will be continued after we leave the EU and we know that when it comes to giving money to the rich then the Tories always keep their word. So that's quite a big hole in the 350 million a week before they start giving extra tax cuts to the rich. Of course if the Tories get back in much of the NHS will have been sold off to Virgin Medical in 2 years time.

If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden? "

no such thing. more of a landowners tax so if u have masses land youll pay tax on it,

Barbados

If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden? "

If you want to actually be accurate it's called "Land Value Tax" and the manifesto says this:

"We will initiate a review into reforming council tax and business rates and consider new options such as a land value tax, to ensure local government has sustainable funding for the long term."

Pretty much everything else said about it has been Tory scaremongering. To see the opposite side of the story, this is what Labour have to say about it:

http://www.labour.org.uk/index.php/splash/so-called-garden-tax

-Matt

moston

"If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden? "

Link please...

Just checked the manifesto and could not see any mention of a garden tax. I believe the torygraph scum and fail ran some story along those lines but only a fool would quote them without first fact checking the story.

ROMFORD

"If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden?

Link please...

Just checked the manifesto and could not see any mention of a garden tax. I believe the torygraph scum and fail ran some story along those lines but only a fool would quote them without first fact checking the story. "

Have actually seen this in three different papers today.

However before you ask which ones I doubt very much any Labour left wing papers will publish the story!

ROMFORD

"If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden?

Link please...

Just checked the manifesto and could not see any mention of a garden tax. I believe the torygraph scum and fail ran some story along those lines but only a fool would quote them without first fact checking the story. "

Have just checked myself.

Page 86 paragraph 3 is what you need to read!

A Labour government will give local government extra funding next year.

We will initiate a review into

reforming council tax and business

rates and consider new options

such as a land value tax.

Cannock

Link please...

Funny that, because I've looked through the Tory manifesto and I can't see any mention of a 'dementia tax' that Labour and the Lib dems keep insisting is in there.

Barbados

Link please...

Just checked the manifesto and could not see any mention of a garden tax. I believe the torygraph scum and fail ran some story along those lines but only a fool would quote them without first fact checking the story.

Funny that, because I've looked through the Tory manifesto and I can't see any mention of a 'dementia tax' that Labour and the Lib dems keep insisting is in there. "

The difference being that the Tories actually want to implement their 'dementia tax' to a point they have insisted there will not be a cap on it, then done a u-turn and said there will be a cap on it, etc etc. it is very much a part of their manifesto.

Labour have just said "We are looking at alternatives, including perhaps a Land Value Tax" [the so called 'Garden Tax']. There is no proposal to do it, and not been any in-depth look into it as far as I know, it was just a side-mention in the manifesto.

But to be honest, I think a LVT *would* be a much fairer and better idea. It would tax things that can't be shoved into offshore accounts making it harder to dodge, and it would encourage land-owners to develop or use the land they have.

-Matt

the principal of taxing wealth not income ... progressive

"the principal of taxing wealth not income ... progressive"
Fuck Yeah!

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

And the Tories have already said that the land subsidies paid to large land owners and the owners of set aside rights will be continued after we leave the EU and we know that when it comes to giving money to the rich then the Tories always keep their word. So that's quite a big hole in the 350 million a week before they start giving extra tax cuts to the rich. Of course if the Tories get back in much of the NHS will have been sold off to Virgin Medical in 2 years time."

No such thing as set a side and hasnt been for best part of ten years.

Nothing has been sold from the nhs to virgin they tender for contracts just as the in house nhs trusts do it just they do the same service for less money, and you think thats a bad thing

ROMFORD

Link please...

Funny that, because I've looked through the Tory manifesto and I can't see any mention of a 'dementia tax' that Labour and the Lib dems keep insisting is in there.

The difference being that the Tories actually want to implement their 'dementia tax' to a point they have insisted there will not be a cap on it, then done a u-turn and said there will be a cap on it, etc etc. it is very much a part of their manifesto.

Labour have just said "We are looking at alternatives, including perhaps a Land Value Tax" [the so called 'Garden Tax']. There is no proposal to do it, and not been any in-depth look into it as far as I know, it was just a side-mention in the manifesto.

But to be honest, I think a LVT *would* be a much fairer and better idea. It would tax things that can't be shoved into offshore accounts making it harder to dodge, and it would encourage land-owners to develop or use the land they have.

-Matt"

It's in the manifesto so it's in their plan.

It's not far if you live in the South East particular around the London area where the value of property has shot up!

A lot of Labour supporters who bought their council houses will get a big shock when they get their bill pop through the letter box!

[Removed by poster at 05/06/17 20:33:17]

bournemouth

"the principal of taxing wealth not income ... progressive Fuck Yeah!"

Hope your parents with their 900,000 grand house have sold it today

"the principal of taxing wealth not income ... progressive Fuck Yeah!

Hope your parents with their 900,000 grand house have sold it today "

Haha they are selling it next year as i told you so mrs may doesnt take it or corbyn.Plan ahead and give your house or assets to your kids our youll be fucked by either party.The wealth we should tax are the billionaires in tax havens.The 1%.

bournemouth

Hope your parents with their 900,000 grand house have sold it today Haha they are selling it next year as i told you so mrs may doesnt take it or corbyn.Plan ahead and give your house or assets to your kids our youll be fucked by either party.The wealth we should tax are the billionaires in tax havens.The 1%. "

Got a friend who is to the left of corbyn, he believes the rich should be taxed much higher, he retired from the mod at 53 on huch pension, has a foriegn holiday home and takes at least other trips abroad each year but doesnt consider himself well off, socialist definition of rich is someone who has a £100 more than me

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I'm a Tory from a long line of Tories in a Tory heartland. I am on first name terms with my local MP.

And the one thing I have to say today in relation to the OP.

May should hang her head in shame.

If god fordid it happens in a rural market town then it will be a lot longer than 8 minutes.

Resources responding to terror are the tip of a melting iceberg because of that lady.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

Where we live there is no police station, nearest is 7miles away doesn't sound far.

That's a good hour in the rush hour.

She has decimated not only the police force but the border forces as well.

The tories have had their chance to sort out the country and as far as I can see we are no better off.

I would rather be in debt and safe.

Than have balanced books and be vulnerable.

May is another thatcher but without any balls!

bournemouth

"Where we live there is no police station, nearest is 7miles away doesn't sound far.

The tories have had their chance to sort out the country and as far as I can see we are no better off.

May is another thatcher but without any balls! "

Yet corbyn will put us in even more death and stop shoot to kill as he "isnt happy with it"

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Where we live there is no police station, nearest is 7miles away doesn't sound far.

May is another thatcher but without any balls!

Yet corbyn will put us in even more death and stop shoot to kill as he "isnt happy with it""

He has admitted that he was wrong regarding being against using deadly force.

Don't get me wrong.

I am as much against him and his idiots as I am may and her sycophants.

But as I am not voting for any of the other no marks.

Is it a case of better the devil you know or

Could they really do any worse?

By *wingtolifeCouple  over a year ago

who knows

Link please...

-Matt

It's in the manifesto so it's in their plan.

It's not far if you live in the South East particular around the London area where the value of property has shot up!

A lot of Labour supporters who bought their council houses will get a big shock when they get their bill pop through the letter box!"

saved themselves £60k by putting their kids in university too and free healthcare

"Whilst I would never blame the pm personally for the attacks over the last few months... is it fair game to attack her on policing cuts in her time as Home Secretary

The cons are either fudging the issue or blatantly lying this morning "

Surely what matters is the effective utilisation of resources, not whether or not there were cuts . Considering the cost of public servants, we should only be employing the minimum necessary as all these costs are borne by the tax payer.

The fact that there was a very rapid response at the weekend would tend to indicate that resourcing levels as they currently stand were correct in the area concerned .

Maybe a more realistic approach would be to encourage the public to make less use of the police and be more accountable themselves .

I would not base any estimate of required policing staff levels on that calculated by anyone representing them. It would need to be an independent organisation .

Luckily Thersea May has undertaken a great job in how she has handled the situation to date and a significant % age of the public have more confidence in her than any other politician.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Hope your parents with their 900,000 grand house have sold it today Haha they are selling it next year as i told you so mrs may doesnt take it or corbyn.Plan ahead and give your house or assets to your kids our youll be fucked by either party.The wealth we should tax are the billionaires in tax havens.The 1%.

Got a friend who is to the left of corbyn, he believes the rich should be taxed much higher, he retired from the mod at 53 on huch pension, has a foriegn holiday home and takes at least other trips abroad each year but doesnt consider himself well off, socialist definition of rich is someone who has a £100 more than me "

Its funny then, rich Swedes are taxed at 60%, but they don't go into tax exile, presumably because they tend to see a good welfare state and excellent educatuion as value for their money.

I would hardly call them rabid Socialists either.

The cons are either fudging the issue or blatantly lying this morning Surely what matters is the effective utilisation of resources, not whether or not there were cuts . Considering the cost of public servants, we should only be employing the minimum necessary as all these costs are borne by the tax payer.

The fact that there was a very rapid response at the weekend would tend to indicate that resourcing levels as they currently stand were correct in the area concerned .

Maybe a more realistic approach would be to encourage the public to make less use of the police and be more accountable themselves .

I would not base any estimate of required policing staff levels on that calculated by anyone representing them. It would need to be an independent organisation .

Luckily Thersea May has undertaken a great job in how she has handled the situation to date and a significant % age of the public have more confidence in her than any other politician. "

As I understand it, SIA funding was always protected and increased, never cut. Since this funding covers MI5, GCHQ and all police counter-terrorism forces I don't see where MI5 is supposed to have been cut? These are the agencies that should be stopping terrorism acts, not the everyday police force. The Government has reacted with the times, after the France attacks David Cameron increased funding to recruit and train more armed officers plus made contingency plans that troops would be available where necessary due to terrorist attack. Then Theresa May halted plans to cut police funding in 2016. Of course some will say too little too late, but in the face of this unprecedented onslaught of attacks, would anyone really have an armour-plated foolproof plan? I agree we should now be proactive rather than reactive, but for all that politicians may be baying for Theresa Mays blood I can't believe that any other party in power would have managed to halt what has been happening either. So making political capitol out of it seems a tad opportunistic as I really don't see Labour or any other party would have avoided this

By *onyxptMan  over a year ago

st neots, living in Albufeira-Algarve-Portugal

Hope your parents with their 900,000 grand house have sold it today Haha they are selling it next year as i told you so mrs may doesnt take it or corbyn.Plan ahead and give your house or assets to your kids our youll be fucked by either party.The wealth we should tax are the billionaires in tax havens.The 1%.

Got a friend who is to the left of corbyn, he believes the rich should be taxed much higher, he retired from the mod at 53 on huch pension, has a foriegn holiday home and takes at least other trips abroad each year but doesnt consider himself well off, socialist definition of rich is someone who has a £100 more than me

Its funny then, rich Swedes are taxed at 60%, but they don't go into tax exile, presumably because they tend to see a good welfare state and excellent educatuion as value for their money.

I would hardly call them rabid Socialists either. "

Sorry to burst you bubble , but rich Swedes All have money in tax havens !

Rabid socialist yes.... they are ! Worse actually!

At 60% only a mad person would pay that !

And FYI their welfare system is in shit state... falling apart in fact !

Just take a peak at the OECD stats !

Education has turned to shit and degrading ever more every year ! And the healthcare system .... is in tatters !

moston

"Page 86 paragraph 3 is what you need to read!

such as a land value tax."

We will initiate A REVIEW into

REFORMING council tax and business

rates and CONSIDER NEW OPTIONS

So NO NEW TAX, just another bit of pro tory scaremongering lies from the scum vile and excess.

moston

"Nothing has been sold from the nhs to virgin they tender for contracts just as the in house nhs trusts do it just they do the same service for less money, and you think thats a bad thing "

Virgin already run many primary health care trusts.

Southport and Ormskirk hospital community healthcare services were transferred to Virgincare on 1 May 2017!

It is not something in the planning or bidding stage it is happening now!

Furthermore we do not get more for less money, we get a lot less for less money because Branson needs to take his cut so he can buy another island and have his very own space holiday toy!

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

So NO NEW TAX, just another bit of pro tory scaremongering lies from the scum vile and excess.

"

It's a placeholder giving the option for setting a new tax. However as all media nowadays love to blow things out of all proportion, we get scaremongering articles about land value tax.... Oh and dementia tax and a millon other things too. It keeps the population busy ranting about things that haven't happened, may not happen, happened differently to expectations, happened in a way they didn't understand etc.

bournemouth

"Nothing has been sold from the nhs to virgin they tender for contracts just as the in house nhs trusts do it just they do the same service for less money, and you think thats a bad thing

Southport and Ormskirk hospital community healthcare services were transferred to Virgincare on 1 May 2017!

Furthermore we do not get more for less money, we get a lot less for less money because Branson needs to take his cut so he can buy another island and have his very own space holiday toy!"

They tender for contracts and they get them because they do the same for less cost or more for the same cost. K now works for them and says they are much better organised, the trouble is getting the old nhs managers to move with the times. Virtually anyone who works in the nhs knows it is outdated and wil fail if it doesnt change,its just ploitical dogma that is the problem and something you are falling for. What worked in the 1950's wont now, would a spitfire and infantry with a enfield win a war now ?

ROMFORD

"

Considering JC keeps saying have a read of our manifesto this is what we will do, I'm going to go with that is what he intends to do!

It is worth reading the costing document that goes with the manifesto as well. Because this is supposed to explain where the billions and billions of pounds needed to raise all this money comes from as well.

"Nothing has been sold from the nhs to virgin they tender for contracts just as the in house nhs trusts do it just they do the same service for less money, and you think thats a bad thing

Furthermore we do not get more for less money, we get a lot less for less money because Branson needs to take his cut so he can buy another island and have his very own space holiday toy!

They tender for contracts and they get them because they do the same for less cost or more for the same cost. K now works for them and says they are much better organised, the trouble is getting the old nhs managers to move with the times. Virtually anyone who works in the nhs knows it is outdated and wil fail if it doesnt change,its just ploitical dogma that is the problem and something you are falling for. What worked in the 1950's wont now, would a spitfire and infantry with a enfield win a war now ?"

I thought you said you wanted to live in the 50s before all this immigration started.

moston

They tender for contracts and they get them because they do the same for less cost or more for the same cost. K now works for them and says they are much better organised, the trouble is getting the old nhs managers to move with the times. Virtually anyone who works in the nhs knows it is outdated and wil fail if it doesnt change,its just ploitical dogma that is the problem and something you are falling for. What worked in the 1950's wont now, would a spitfire and infantry with a enfield win a war now ?"

Ah right the NHS is failing because it is outdated, not because the number of beds has been reduced from over 600,000 to about 160,000 so that the private companies carving it up piecemeal can make bigger profits.

I find it strange how we no longer believe the doctors and nurses who are the NHS but the politicians who are selling it off to their mates and the yanks.

But then I keep forgetting the old adage: 'Trust me I'm a Tory politician'...

bournemouth

"

Ah right the NHS is failing because it is outdated, not because the number of beds has been reduced from over 600,000 to about 160,000 so that the private companies carving it up piecemeal can make bigger profits.

I find it strange how we no longer believe the doctors and nurses who are the NHS but the politicians who are selling it off to their mates and the yanks.

But then I keep forgetting the old adage: 'Trust me I'm a Tory politician'...

"

The reason the numbers of beds have fallen is that you dont stay in hospital for days or weeks after an op, K works in the nhs and she is one of many who say it is hopelessly outdated.

Just what bits of the NHS have been "sold" off, ah yes a good few buildings have been rebuilt and we pay stupid amounts to rent them back, the trouble is that good old tone and gord did the vast majority of those deals.

Please find where I have ever said I want to go back to the 50's or any other decade and you will never find one comment saying I dont want any immigrants or have said anything against them, if you cant please apologise

yumsville

Considering JC keeps saying have a read of our manifesto this is what we will do, I'm going to go with that is what he intends to do!

It is worth reading the costing document that goes with the manifesto as well. Because this is supposed to explain where the billions and billions of pounds needed to raise all this money comes from as well."

Perfectly levelled response Shybloke.

It seems Conservative is a bad word, yet Labour as a party are able to change goalposts minutes from election, change their base ethics and their supporters will blindly continue to deflect that the Conservatives haven't done enough despite Land Tax being in their manifesto.

For a week saying it is a torygraph bit of fake news. Each day I see more bile spilled.

Thank you.

ROMFORD

It is worth reading the costing document that goes with the manifesto as well. Because this is supposed to explain where the billions and billions of pounds needed to raise all this money comes from as well.

Perfectly levelled response Shybloke.

It seems Conservative is a bad word, yet Labour as a party are able to change goalposts minutes from election, change their base ethics and their supporters will blindly continue to deflect that the Conservatives haven't done enough despite Land Tax being in their manifesto.

For a week saying it is a torygraph bit of fake news. Each day I see more bile spilled.

Thank you. "

Your welcome, and was just quoting the Labour manifesto.

Maybe some Labour voters should try reading it along with the costing document themselves before Thursday!

maybe those in the cities should pay more they get the benefits not us in the sticks.

loads of council houses round here with massive gardens will they be paying extra wait no cos we pay it for them anyway

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

"

"

I would recommend "Diary of an on call girl" as a good read. People do not utilise the police well!!

"She was home Secretary for 7 years.She bears full responsibility for the rise in violent crime up 27% since the loss of 20,000 officers.

If this drop in officers has any correlation to the recent terrorism then she should be sent to the tower.. "

This is what I've been saying. The honourable thing to do would be to resign. HER actions have created more victims than any criminal or single terrorist is capable of. To then lecture us on the need to strip people of Human Rights and weaken encryption is incredibly insulting. She's in charge, the buck stops with her.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"She was home Secretary for 7 years.She bears full responsibility for the rise in violent crime up 27% since the loss of 20,000 officers.

If this drop in officers has any correlation to the recent terrorism then she should be sent to the tower.. "

What do you base that 27% figure on because I think you'll find it's a fundamentally flawed statistic.

Widnes

Whoever wins Council Tax rates and bands are going to have to revaluated and, as the current bands already do, the size of your garden will affect the valuation. It's a non story.

Widnes

If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden? no such thing. more of a landowners tax so if u have masses land youll pay tax on it, "

You already do. It's called the Council Charge/tax.

Widnes

Link please...

Look harder and try looking under Council Tax.

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

"

So you refuse to believe the man who has steadfastly stuck to his principals for decades "

Campaigned to leave the EU for 40 years....campaigned to stay in the EU during the referendum.

Campaigned to keep the coal mines open for decades....now against it.

Campaigned against Trident and nuclear arms all his life....now leader of a party that supports Trident.

Who, as a backbencher, does not believe he should be forced into voting as his party tells him....but as leader invoked the 3 line whip telling his MPs to vote for article 50.

A man who "has been against all forms of terrorism all his life"....and yet invited 2 members of the IRA to parliament 2 weeks after the Brighton bombing in 1984. (Quigley and Mcclochlan)

A man who supports the right to life....and yet in 1990 voted for a bill for abortion up to birth.

A committed anti-monarch, who swore allegiance to the queen.

And will do so again should Labour win.

A man who has boasts about voting against anti-terrorism bills, and yet now days anti-terror laws need to be tightened.

That man of principle?

Cannock

If Labour win they will tax everyone's land, its called the 'garden tax'. I take it you are happy to pay extra tax for your garden?

Whoever wins Council Tax rates and bands are going to have to revaluated and, as the current bands already do, the size of your garden will affect the valuation. It's a non story."

You're wrong Labours 'land value tax' (the garden tax) is an extra tax on top of and separate to Council tax.

moston

"You're wrong Labours 'land value tax' (the garden tax) is an extra tax on top of and separate to Council tax. "

Can you understand written English? Or does your alt right near Neo Nazi comprehension of the written word break down when it involves anything that you consider to be 'left wing commie dogma'?

There is no extra 'garden tax', there will be a review of all local taxes with a view to reform them. Amongst the options that will be considered will be a local tax based on land value.

What part of review do you not understand?

Cannock

"You're wrong Labours 'land value tax' (the garden tax) is an extra tax on top of and separate to Council tax.

Can you understand written English? Or does your alt right near Neo Nazi comprehension of the written word break down when it involves anything that you consider to be 'left wing commie dogma'?

There is no extra 'garden tax', there will be a review of all local taxes with a view to reform them. Amongst the options that will be considered will be a local tax based on land value.

What part of review do you not understand? "

FFS it's in the Labour manifesto. One poster on here even gave you the exact page number and the paragraph. Corbyn will have to implement it in order to raise some money he wants for his wishlist to father Christmas.

There is no magical money tree and his corporations tax rise will just see the top 5% moving their money and investment overseas.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

"You're wrong Labours 'land value tax' (the garden tax) is an extra tax on top of and separate to Council tax.

FFS it's in the Labour manifesto. One poster on here even gave you the exact page number and the paragraph. Corbyn will have to implement it in order to raise some money he wants for his wishlist to father Christmas.

There is no magical money tree and his corporations tax rise will just see the top 5% moving their money and investment overseas."

If a corporation tax rate of 26% makes companies move overseas, why are there big companies in places like Germany and the USA where the corporation tax rate is higher than 26%?

It's almost like tax rate is not the primary driver for where companies do business...

Barbados

There is no magical money tree and his corporations tax rise will just see the top 5% moving their money and investment overseas.

If a corporation tax rate of 26% makes companies move overseas, why are there big companies in places like Germany and the USA where the corporation tax rate is higher than 26%?

It's almost like tax rate is not the primary driver for where companies do business... "

The ironic thing being it is often the same people saying companies will move due to corp tax changes who think companies wouldn't move due to Brexit-related tariffs and changes. These companies are supposedly fiercely patriotic for Brexit, but not for corp tax.

-Matt

Widnes

The cons are either fudging the issue or blatantly lying this morning Surely what matters is the effective utilisation of resources, not whether or not there were cuts . Considering the cost of public servants, we should only be employing the minimum necessary as all these costs are borne by the tax payer.

Luckily Thersea May has undertaken a great job in how she has handled the situation to date and a significant % age of the public have more confidence in her than any other politician.

As I understand it, SIA funding was always protected and increased, never cut. Since this funding covers MI5, GCHQ and all police counter-terrorism forces I don't see where MI5 is supposed to have been cut? These are the agencies that should be stopping terrorism acts, not the everyday police force. The Government has reacted with the times, after the France attacks David Cameron increased funding to recruit and train more armed officers plus made contingency plans that troops would be available where necessary due to terrorist attack. Then Theresa May halted plans to cut police funding in 2016. Of course some will say too little too late, but in the face of this unprecedented onslaught of attacks, would anyone really have an armour-plated foolproof plan? I agree we should now be proactive rather than reactive, but for all that politicians may be baying for Theresa Mays blood I can't believe that any other party in power would have managed to halt what has been happening either. So making political capitol out of it seems a tad opportunistic as I really don't see Labour or any other party would have avoided this "

This

Widnes

What part of review do you not understand? "

You mean something like the old council rates system?

Widnes

It's almost like tax rate is not the primary driver for where companies do business... "

But, when cooperation was 28%, the tax take from cooperations was less than it is now. What evidence is there that raising cooperation tax will actually bring in any extra money at all? And if Jeremy's proposed cooperation tax doesn't bring in the £30 billion odd he hopes (and it won't) where is he going to get that money from or which promise is he going to fail to deliver on.

Widnes

It's almost like tax rate is not the primary driver for where companies do business...

The ironic thing being it is often the same people saying companies will move due to corp tax changes who think companies wouldn't move due to Brexit-related tariffs and changes. These companies are supposedly fiercely patriotic for Brexit, but not for corp tax.

-Matt"

The fact that the right wing sticks it head in the ground and talks a load of shit about BREXIT doesn't make it OK for the left wing to follow suit, stick there heads in the ground and talk a load of shit about tax and the economy.

This is on the news: conservative mp nigel evans absolutely laid into the tory manifesto, and questioned why it was ever approved lol.

» Add a new message to this topic