FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The 1 billion bung

The 1 billion bung

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So there we have it.. Any thoughts on the bung given to the DUP

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

They have made a rod for their own back and the public purse for when the other's say 'oi where is ours?'..

and it may not even keep her afloat in the medium term so what a mess..

if the billion is a correct figure then that's a lot per vote in the house and sets a precedent for other minority parties in the future..

does not sit well..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So there we have it.. Any thoughts on the bung given to the DUP"

That's some brown envelope

Absolutely ridiculous.So they found the fucking money tree.

"So there we have it.. Any thoughts on the bung given to the DUP.

That's some brown envelope "

Typical of the tories they will do anything and i mean anything to stay in power ....this will probably end them....if they believe the peace should be kept over there why aint they making the same concessions to Sinn Fein

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The Left will call it a bung, the Right will call it an financial package.

Similar to the £2 Billion one given to Northern Ireland in December 2014, with no (faux) outrage.

Grantham

Typical of the tories they will do anything and i mean anything to stay in power ....this will probably end them....if they believe the peace should be kept over there why aint they making the same concessions to Sinn Fein "

The money goes to the Devolved NI Goverment, not direct to any political party!

Typical of the tories they will do anything and i mean anything to stay in power ....this will probably end them....if they believe the peace should be kept over there why aint they making the same concessions to Sinn Fein

The money goes to the Devolved NI Goverment, not direct to any political party!"

Look its bribe money to keep them sweet we all know that in fact anyone with a modicum of a brain knows it ....and they have already had a budget set before this...i believe the Irish get more allowance per capita head than anywhere else in the UK

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

The money goes to the Devolved NI Goverment, not direct to any political party!

Look its bribe money to keep them sweet we all know that in fact anyone with a modicum of a brain knows it ....and they have already had a budget set before this...i believe the Irish get more allowance per capita head than anywhere else in the UK "

Thus could be the end of the tories thank god

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

Coalition of chaos, supporters of terrorism, magic money tree...were there any claims made by the Tories and their supporters about Labour that were not actually about their own party?

[Removed by poster at 26/06/17 13:59:30]

I wonder why they do all the spending cuts, it seems they got 2 billion on the money tree, it can be spend on better things rather than them lol.

I hope that all the forum members that have bitched about how much the Scots get under the Barnett formula remember this bribe next time they want to have a go but I doubt they will.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Funny how those who were castigating JC a few weeks ago for talking to the political representatives of the republican insurrectionists have no problems when the Tories not only talk to loyalist counter insurrectionist political representatives but do a deal with them that includes a billion £ bribe to remain in power.

Nothing like a little objectivity and even handed dealings with politicians regardless of political colour.

in Lancashire

the ironic thing is that the financial mess over the heating scheme to the tune of £500 million was done under the incompetent department headed by Arlene Foster..

wonder if she'll be asking for some more from number 11 in 6 months time..

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Not a bad day if you are from Northern Ireland and one side of the divide.

Let's hope the infrastructure spending is spent fairly.

Do the Dup still believe in burning witches?

That's 1billion plus greater control over the 500 million already allocated so not all that far from the 2 billion that they said was a nonsense figure last week

Bribe money and I bet it still goes tits up

Grantham

"Not a bad day if you are from Northern Ireland and one side of the divide.

Do the Dup still believe in burning witches? "

Don't Irish Catholics use the York Street interchange in Belfast then?

Don't Irish Catholics have mental health issues then?

Would they rather say "thanks but no thanks" to this deal?

Do the Dup still believe in burning witches? "

Theyll be burning darwins "orign of species"if they had their way. Knuckle dragging chimps is what they are.

Do the Dup still believe in burning witches? Theyll be burning darwins "orign of species"if they had their way. Knuckle dragging chimps is what they are."

If they're 'knuckle dragging chimps' doesn't that make burning Origin of the Species' a counter productive act?

By *unfree2015Man  over a year ago

omagh

We'll said Grantham !

I personally will accept money from anyone

People forget the south roads we're funded by Europe

I'm guessing those in need of an operation will not worry we're the money comes from

Over to you Sinn Fein

Do the Dup still believe in burning witches? Theyll be burning darwins "orign of species"if they had their way. Knuckle dragging chimps is what they are.

If they're 'knuckle dragging chimps' doesn't that make burning Origin of the Species' a counter productive act?

"

No because the Bible tells them so.They wont evolve.They'll go extinct. They choose a philosophical cul de sac.

Grantham

Do the Dup still believe in burning witches? Theyll be burning darwins "orign of species"if they had their way. Knuckle dragging chimps is what they are.

"

Here's a little question for you.

Liberal Party 158 years old

Labour Party. 117 years old

DUP. 46 years old

Which one of these "Progressive" political parties is the odd one out and why?

"We'll said Grantham !

I'm guessing those in need of an operation will not worry we're the money comes from

Over to you Sinn Fein "

Errr!

I think you might mean Mercury who lives in Grantham.

Perhaps the money might be better spent on education but lets wait and see what the DUP choose to do with their bung.

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein "

I think we can maybe guess who you voted for then

Grantham

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein

Errr!

Perhaps the money might be better spent on education but lets wait and see what the DUP choose to do with their bung.

"

Here's a little question for you.

Liberal Party 158 years old

Labour Party. 117 years old

DUP. 46 years old

Which one of these "Progressive" political parties is the odd one out and why?"

Your point being is ?

Grantham

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein

Errr!

"

It's ok, sometimes I'd like to be on Mercury than in Grantham but as I posted earlier, some of the money is going to rebuild the York Street Interchange in Belfast, and to improve Mental Health services over the whole province.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein

Errr!

It's ok, sometimes I'd like to be on Mercury than in Grantham but as I posted earlier, some of the money is going to rebuild the York Street Interchange in Belfast, and to improve Mental Health services over the whole province.

"

How about additional support for the armed forces (not something I'm against btw), will that have an equal impact on both Catholics and Protestants?

If there is a genuine case for additonal money to be spent in NI, then why hasn't the Tory party been spending that for the last 7 years? What happened to Austerity and we're all in it together? It has disappeared like a fart in the wind. The money is there for one solitary reason, to prop up May after a horrendous election campaign.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Not only have they managed to shake the money tree... they have done it in a way the circumvents the Barnett formula which means no extra money for Scotland or wales...

You just put Ruth Davidson in an awful position for all the gains she made.. and gave the opposition something to beat the tories over the head with in wales and Scotland for the next 5 years

Grantham

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein

Errr!

How about additional support for the armed forces (not something I'm against btw), will that have an equal impact on both Catholics and Protestants?

If there is a genuine case for additonal money to be spent in NI, then why hasn't the Tory party been spending that for the last 7 years? What happened to Austerity and we're all in it together? It has disappeared like a fart in the wind. The money is there for one solitary reason, to prop up May after a horrendous election campaign. "

NI had a £2 billion financial package in 2014.

Typical of the tories they will do anything and i mean anything to stay in power ....this will probably end them....if they believe the peace should be kept over there why aint they making the same concessions to Sinn Fein "

Exactly!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein

Errr!

If there is a genuine case for additonal money to be spent in NI, then why hasn't the Tory party been spending that for the last 7 years? What happened to Austerity and we're all in it together? It has disappeared like a fart in the wind. The money is there for one solitary reason, to prop up May after a horrendous election campaign.

NI had a £2 billion financial package in 2014. "

And the DUP are saying the billion does not include a relaxation on a 500 million education pot... plus further enterprise zones for the province... so they say the deal is worth in excess of 1.5 billion

"The Left will call it a bung, the Right will call it an financial package.

Similar to the £2 Billion one given to Northern Ireland in December 2014, with no (faux) outrage."

Just because you don't think it's justified doesn't mean the outrage isn't real

Cambridge

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein

Errr!

NI had a £2 billion financial package in 2014. "

So why is this new money then? Why wasnt this announced before the GE and May losing her majority? Why was the announcement on the same day as the DUP signed an agreement? Are you suggesting these are just coincidences?

One DUP member complained that being described as "dinosaurs" was unparliamentary languageThe Speaker disagreed.

How can they complain about being described such when they don't believe dinosaurs existed?

"One DUP member complained that being described as "dinosaurs" was unparliamentary languageThe Speaker disagreed.

How can they complain about being described such when they don't believe dinosaurs existed? "

They're a special kind of stupid.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"

The £1 billion is for all the people of Northern Ireland, on both sides of the divide. The extra money will be going to the Devolved power sharing executive in Northern Ireland. This deal gives extra incentive now for the DUP and Sinn Fein to get the devolved government back up and running at Stormont so they can work together to decide how the money is spent.

Grantham

"We'll said Grantham !

Over to you Sinn Fein

Errr!

NI had a £2 billion financial package in 2014.

So why is this new money then? Why wasnt this announced before the GE and May losing her majority? Why was the announcement on the same day as the DUP signed an agreement? Are you suggesting these are just coincidences? "

Not at all. It's what a lot of political parties do all over Europe.

If you can't win power, then you sometimes have to buy power.

Consequences of this are the means testing of winter fuel allowances has now been dropped, and the triple lock on pensions will be retained.

Similar to the £2 Billion one given to Northern Ireland in December 2014, with no (faux) outrage."

Wjen the government hands money over in return to stay in power and even risk the good friday agreement to cling onto power it's a bung!

How about the Scottish and the Welsh? Dont they deserve a 'financial package' in return for towing the line?

Cannock

"Funny how those who were castigating JC a few weeks ago for talking to the political representatives of the republican insurrectionists have no problems when the Tories not only talk to loyalist counter insurrectionist political representatives but do a deal with them that includes a billion £ bribe to remain in power.

Nothing like a little objectivity and even handed dealings with politicians regardless of political colour. "

Cut the faux outrage bollox already, I've just been watching a debate on this deal in the house of commons live on BBC Parliament channel, the leader of the DUP in The House of Commons MP Nigel Dodds just stood up and said,....."This deal is fully transparent, and we welcome the transparency. Maybe all those in the house expressing Faux outrage at this deal would like a similar transparency over the talks we had for a potential deal with the Labour party in 2010, then again with the Labour party in 2015 and also the talks we had with the SNP in 2015". He ended his statement by saying those who object to the deal are guilty of hypocrisy of the highest order when they themselves sought a deal with the DUP in the past.

"Funny how those who were castigating JC a few weeks ago for talking to the political representatives of the republican insurrectionists have no problems when the Tories not only talk to loyalist counter insurrectionist political representatives but do a deal with them that includes a billion £ bribe to remain in power.

Nothing like a little objectivity and even handed dealings with politicians regardless of political colour.

Cut the faux outrage bollox already, I've just been watching a debate on this deal in the house of commons live on BBC Parliament channel, the leader of the DUP in The House of Commons MP Nigel Dodds just stood up and said,....."This deal is fully transparent, and we welcome the transparency. Maybe all those in the house expressing Faux outrage at this deal would like a similar transparency over the talks we had for a potential deal with the Labour party in 2010, then again with the Labour party in 2015 and also the talks we had with the SNP in 2015". He ended his statement by saying those who object to the deal are guilty of hypocrisy of the highest order when they themselves sought a deal with the DUP in the past. "

How about the risk to the good friday agreement? Sinn fein are already reading over the details.. And i can imagine ramifications of violence returning.

Cannock

Similar to the £2 Billion one given to Northern Ireland in December 2014, with no (faux) outrage.

How about the Scottish and the Welsh? Dont they deserve a 'financial package' in return for towing the line? "

If the SNP had agreed to support the Tory government after the general election then they may have been able to secure a good deal for Scotland with extra funding to the devolved Scottish parliament for all Scots, as it is they ruled out dealing with the Tories straight away. Besides the Scots do better out of the Barnet formula per head than any other part of the UK and have been doing so for years. The then Ukip leader Paul Nuttal called it out during the televised BBC leaders debate during the general election.

Cannock

Cut the faux outrage bollox already, I've just been watching a debate on this deal in the house of commons live on BBC Parliament channel, the leader of the DUP in The House of Commons MP Nigel Dodds just stood up and said,....."This deal is fully transparent, and we welcome the transparency. Maybe all those in the house expressing Faux outrage at this deal would like a similar transparency over the talks we had for a potential deal with the Labour party in 2010, then again with the Labour party in 2015 and also the talks we had with the SNP in 2015". He ended his statement by saying those who object to the deal are guilty of hypocrisy of the highest order when they themselves sought a deal with the DUP in the past.

How about the risk to the good friday agreement? Sinn fein are already reading over the details.. And i can imagine ramifications of violence returning. "

Sinn Fein have actually said they welcome the extra money for Northern Ireland. Now this deal gives incentive to both the DUP and Sinn Fein to get the Devolved government back up and running in Northern Ireland so they can set about how to spend the money together. The money is not for the DUP it is for the Devolved Northern Ireland government and that includes Sinn Fein.

Cut the faux outrage bollox already, I've just been watching a debate on this deal in the house of commons live on BBC Parliament channel, the leader of the DUP in The House of Commons MP Nigel Dodds just stood up and said,....."This deal is fully transparent, and we welcome the transparency. Maybe all those in the house expressing Faux outrage at this deal would like a similar transparency over the talks we had for a potential deal with the Labour party in 2010, then again with the Labour party in 2015 and also the talks we had with the SNP in 2015". He ended his statement by saying those who object to the deal are guilty of hypocrisy of the highest order when they themselves sought a deal with the DUP in the past. "

How about the risk to the good friday agreement? Sinn fein are already reading over the details.. And i can imagine ramifications of violence returning.

Cannock

How about the risk to the good friday agreement? Sinn fein are already reading over the details.. And i can imagine ramifications of violence returning. "

You seem to have posted this same comment twice. I already gave you an answer to this the first time you posted it.

How about the Scottish and the Welsh? Dont they deserve a 'financial package' in return for towing the line?

If the SNP had agreed to support the Tory government after the general election then they may have been able to secure a good deal for Scotland with extra funding to the devolved Scottish parliament for all Scots, as it is they ruled out dealing with the Tories straight away. Besides the Scots do better out of the Barnet formula per head than any other part of the UK and have been doing so for years. The then Ukip leader Paul Nuttal called it out during the televised BBC leaders debate during the general election. "

Wrong again, Centaur. NI does best out of the Barnett formula and is now doing even better. All thanks to that Magic Money Tree that wasn't there before the election but has apparently grown £1 billion worth of fruit in very short order.

By *rown ThunderMan  over a year ago

newport

"the ironic thing is that the financial mess over the heating scheme to the tune of £500 million was done under the incompetent department headed by Arlene Foster..

wonder if she'll be asking for some more from number 11 in 6 months time.."

Thought it was number 10. Who lives at 11?

"the ironic thing is that the financial mess over the heating scheme to the tune of £500 million was done under the incompetent department headed by Arlene Foster..

Thought it was number 10. Who lives at 11?"

The man with the money. Mr Hammond. Another dick head.

Call me a hypocrite again when the Labour party pay a ducking billion to keep their billious corpse of a government in power until then...do us all a favour and keep your false equivalences to yourself.

Cannock

If the SNP had agreed to support the Tory government after the general election then they may have been able to secure a good deal for Scotland with extra funding to the devolved Scottish parliament for all Scots, as it is they ruled out dealing with the Tories straight away. Besides the Scots do better out of the Barnet formula per head than any other part of the UK and have been doing so for years. The then Ukip leader Paul Nuttal called it out during the televised BBC leaders debate during the general election.

Wrong again, Centaur. NI does best out of the Barnett formula and is now doing even better. All thanks to that Magic Money Tree that wasn't there before the election but has apparently grown £1 billion worth of fruit in very short order. "

Why didn't (now ex SNP MP) Angus Robertson argue the point when Paul Nuttall raised it in the BBC leaders debate then? Maybe because he knew Nuttall was right.

moston

"The man with the money. Mr Hammond. Another dick head."

No Tina, he is not the man with the money, there is no money for doctors, nurses, police, military, libraries, schools, teachers, road repairs and the rest. Austerity you know, we have to live in our means...

Mrs May is the woman with the magic money tree that she can shake £1.5 billion + out of to stay in power...

Now just remember this is the UK model of how to do 21st century 'strong and stable government'.

Wrong again, Centaur. NI does best out of the Barnett formula and is now doing even better. All thanks to that Magic Money Tree that wasn't there before the election but has apparently grown £1 billion worth of fruit in very short order.

Why didn't (now ex SNP MP) Angus Robertson argue the point when Paul Nuttall raised it in the BBC leaders debate then? Maybe because he knew Nuttall was right. "

Nuttal and the word right is something of an oxymoron and probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

FIY, Scotland receives £1.16 per head of population, NI receives £1.24 per head. By contrast England gets 97p and Wales gets £1.10

Why didn't (now ex SNP MP) Angus Robertson argue the point when Paul Nuttall raised it in the BBC leaders debate then? Maybe because he knew Nuttall was right.

Nuttal and the word right is something of an oxymoron and probably shouldn't be used in the same sentence.

FIY, Scotland receives £1.16 per head of population, NI receives £1.24 per head. By contrast England gets 97p and Wales gets £1.10"

One pound ten a year... Blimey were doing better than I thought

Cannock

"The man with the money. Mr Hammond. Another dick head.

No Tina, he is not the man with the money, there is no money for doctors, nurses, police, military, libraries, schools, teachers, road repairs and the rest. Austerity you know, we have to live in our means...

Mrs May is the woman with the magic money tree that she can shake £1.5 billion + out of to stay in power...

Now just remember this is the UK model of how to do 21st century 'strong and stable government'."

I take it you missed Tory MP Damien Green's statement in the House of commons announcing the deal with the DUP earlier then?

Outside the deal with the DUP the government have committed £8 billion extra for the NHS during the full term of this parliament, and a commitment to continue to spend 2% of GDP on defence meeting our Nato obligations.

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

If the SNP had agreed to support the Tory government after the general election then they may have been able to secure a good deal for Scotland with extra funding to the devolved Scottish parliament for all Scots, as it is they ruled out dealing with the Tories straight away. Besides the Scots do better out of the Barnet formula per head than any other part of the UK and have been doing so for years. The then Ukip leader Paul Nuttal called it out during the televised BBC leaders debate during the general election. "

Point of order, NI is the biggest beneficiary of the barnett formula. Scotland does do very well out of it as well though.

in Lancashire

Thought it was number 10. Who lives at 11?

The man with the money. Mr Hammond. Another dick head."

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

Now just remember this is the UK model of how to do 21st century 'strong and stable government'.

I take it you missed Tory MP Damien Green's statement in the House of commons announcing the deal with the DUP earlier then?

Outside the deal with the DUP the government have committed £8 billion extra for the NHS during the full term of this parliament, and a commitment to continue to spend 2% of GDP on defence meeting our Nato obligations. "

£8bn on the NHS. Excellent. Now just need that £18bn from the red bus in 2 years time.

-Matt

moston

"I take it you missed Tory MP Damien Green's statement in the House of commons announcing the deal with the DUP earlier then?

Outside the deal with the DUP the government have committed £8 billion extra for the NHS during the full term of this parliament, and a commitment to continue to spend 2% of GDP on defence meeting our Nato obligations. "

Yep, I missed his statement...

However I did not miss the Army manning review that recommends cutting Regular Army manning to 65,000. So I really dont care about how much is spent on expensive kit if we dont have the full time, fully trained troops to use it. And by the way I expect your full aware of the major change to defence funding that has just taken place. You know the one you no doubt are totally ignoring. The one where our nuclear deterrent is no longer a ring fenced procurement separate from the defence budget. Now I just wonder how much of that 2% is to be diverted from the forces to pay for the Trident replacement? As for the NHS commitment whats the betting that there is a massive catch in that too? I expect we will get to hear about it in the next few weeks and that the £8 billion will mostly be more smoke and mirrors and money already promised.

Remember this is a Tory government and they are good at giving the same money 2 or 3 times over without actually handing over a penny!

Grantham

FIY, Scotland receives £1.16 per head of population, NI receives £1.24 per head. By contrast England gets 97p and Wales gets £1.10.

One pound ten a year... Blimey were doing better than I thought"

That's per pound spent. We in Eastern England get one of the worst deals, so I'm not sure why all the gripes from the Welsh and the Scots?

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

"

That's per pound spent. We in Eastern England get one of the worst deals, so I'm not sure why all the gripes from the Welsh and the Scots?"

It's just gripes from the usual grievance machines. You don't hear from the silent majority.

omagh

So hold on the n ireland public get monies to spend on health education etc

Which hopefully all will benefit from

And you think Sinn Fein will go back to violence ?!

moston

I have to e honest and say I do not like any 'settlement' formula. It strikes me that whenever you vary payments based on geographical location there will always be unfairness. The idea that severe weather payments are triggered at different temperatures depending on where you live is ridiculous, it makes no difference if you live in the Shetland Islands or Cornwall if it is -10C and a £1 school exercise book is a £1 school exercise book in London or LlanferPG. There is only one reason for 'settlements', and that is so they can be manipulated to give more to some by taking from others.

omagh

No I didn't vote labour or conservative as we can't over here

As we are a mixed marriage ( catholic and prod) neither my wife or I wld vote for a party who has murderers in it's leadership and gas no wish to see a successful n Ireland and another party who discriminates against gay marriage Amungst other things

Who did u vote for ?

moston

"As we are a mixed marriage "

That you are both Christian but consider yourselves to be in a mixed marriage sort of sums up how fractured/broken society is in NI and how dangerous a game Ms May is playing with your future just to cling on to power.

Cannock

"I take it you missed Tory MP Damien Green's statement in the House of commons announcing the deal with the DUP earlier then?

Outside the deal with the DUP the government have committed £8 billion extra for the NHS during the full term of this parliament, and a commitment to continue to spend 2% of GDP on defence meeting our Nato obligations.

However I did not miss the Army manning review that recommends cutting Regular Army manning to 65,000. So I really dont care about how much is spent on expensive kit if we dont have the full time, fully trained troops to use it. And by the way I expect your full aware of the major change to defence funding that has just taken place. You know the one you no doubt are totally ignoring. The one where our nuclear deterrent is no longer a ring fenced procurement separate from the defence budget. Now I just wonder how much of that 2% is to be diverted from the forces to pay for the Trident replacement? As for the NHS commitment whats the betting that there is a massive catch in that too? I expect we will get to hear about it in the next few weeks and that the £8 billion will mostly be more smoke and mirrors and money already promised.

Remember this is a Tory government and they are good at giving the same money 2 or 3 times over without actually handing over a penny!"

At least the Conservatives have fully committed to Trident without any questions surrounding it. It's being reported today that while at Glastonbury over the weekend Jeremy Corbyn had a conversation with Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis backstage. Michael Eavis version of events as follows. ...

Eavis = when will you be Prime minister?

Corbyn = 6 months

Eavis = When will you get rid of trident?

Corbyn = As soon as I can.

So there you have it despite saying during the general election campaign he would keep trident and despite it being in the Labour manifesto, the mask has slipped and Corbyn would scrap trident as soon as he had the opportunity. We would be open to attack from the moment he set foot in 10 Downing street, the man is a danger to the safety and security of this country.

Remember this is a Tory government and they are good at giving the same money 2 or 3 times over without actually handing over a penny!

At least the Conservatives have fully committed to Trident without any questions surrounding it. It's being reported today that while at Glastonbury over the weekend Jeremy Corbyn had a conversation with Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis backstage. Michael Eavis version of events as follows. ...

Corbyn = 6 months

So there you have it despite saying during the general election campaign he would keep trident and despite it being in the Labour manifesto, the mask has slipped and Corbyn would scrap trident as soon as he had the opportunity. We would be open to attack from the moment he set foot in 10 Downing street, the man is a danger to the safety and security of this country. "

So we act on hearsay now not the true facts...typical

Bristol

Corbyn = 6 months

So there you have it despite saying during the general election campaign he would keep trident and despite it being in the Labour manifesto, the mask has slipped and Corbyn would scrap trident as soon as he had the opportunity. We would be open to attack from the moment he set foot in 10 Downing street, the man is a danger to the safety and security of this country. "

And yet on the subject of May wrecking the Good Friday Agreement and putting innocent lives army risk, Centaur made not a sound.

Seems your safety and security is only important if to Centaur if you don't live in Northern Ireland. Terrorist supporters? Why not have £1.5Bn of tax payers' money, we need to buy enough seats to form a government!

Can anyone smell hypocrisy?

Newcastle and Gateshead

ahem......

mr centaur..... public money spent per head of the population......

England: £8,816 per cap identifiable spend

Scotland: £10,536

Wales: £9,996

N. Ireland: £10,983

Avg: £9,076

and that BEFORE this extra money... which basically increase the Northern ireland spend per head by roughly 4%...

so i think the words you are looking for are "I am sorry for deliberately misleading people again....."

i am yet to hear an apology from you.... I think you owe a few people in this thread that!

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

Corbyn = 6 months

There's a man down the chipshop swears he's Elvis.

Corbyn = 6 months

So there you have it despite saying during the general election campaign he would keep trident and despite it being in the Labour manifesto, the mask has slipped and Corbyn would scrap trident as soon as he had the opportunity. We would be open to attack from the moment he set foot in 10 Downing street, the man is a danger to the safety and security of this country.

There's a man down the chipshop swears he's Elvis. "

Funny i never saw that on the news either

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

And yet on the subject of May wrecking the Good Friday Agreement and putting innocent lives army risk, Centaur made not a sound.

Seems your safety and security is only important if to Centaur if you don't live in Northern Ireland. Terrorist supporters? Why not have £1.5Bn of tax payers' money, we need to buy enough seats to form a government!

Can anyone smell hypocrisy? "

150 million pound per DUP Mp....... we know the going rate now.....

and if this is an example of Teresa May and her teams negioiating skill... well god help us with the brexit talks!!!

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

So what would be the alternative ? A minority gov that would have to do deals for every vote ? Note I didnt say which party would be the gov,perhaps corbyn would have chucked NS a bung of five billion as well as 1 to the dup etc etc or would you rather have another election, now thats just what the country needs, hopefully now we can have a parliament that sees out brexit for the benefit of the whole uk.

TM was wrong to have an election and it was a shit campaign but I really dont think the tories would make the same mistake again if we have another vote in a few months

Bournemouth

"ahem......

mr centaur..... public money spent per head of the population......

England: £8,816 per cap identifiable spend

Scotland: £10,536

Wales: £9,996

N. Ireland: £10,983

Avg: £9,076

and that BEFORE this extra money... which basically increase the Northern ireland spend per head by roughly 4%...

so i think the words you are looking for are "I am sorry for deliberately misleading people again....."

i am yet to hear an apology from you.... I think you owe a few people in this thread that!"

I doubt very much Wheather he had the guts to apologise he's never wrong you no

[Removed by poster at 26/06/17 21:21:51]

By *obka3Couple  over a year ago

bournemouth

"So what would be the alternative ? A minority gov that would have to do deals for every vote ? Note I didnt say which party would be the gov,perhaps corbyn would have chucked NS a bung of five billion as well as 1 to the dup etc etc or would you rather have another election, now thats just what the country needs, hopefully now we can have a parliament that sees out brexit for the benefit of the whole uk.

TM was wrong to have an election and it was a shit campaign but I really dont think the tories would make the same mistake again if we have another vote in a few months

But they did with the Liberal dems "

Did what with the lib dems ??

"So what would be the alternative ? A minority gov that would have to do deals for every vote ? Note I didnt say which party would be the gov,perhaps corbyn would have chucked NS a bung of five billion as well as 1 to the dup etc etc or would you rather have another election, now thats just what the country needs, hopefully now we can have a parliament that sees out brexit for the benefit of the whole uk.

But they did with the Liberal dems

Did what with the lib dems ??"

I miss read your comment sorry

Newcastle and Gateshead

TM was wrong to have an election and it was a shit campaign but I really dont think the tories would make the same mistake again if we have another vote in a few months"

whats the alternative....

the conservatives didn't have to do the deal....

why? because for them to be voted done on the budget or the queens speech... every other political party in the house of commons would have had to gang up on them

if the DUP were that scared of corbyn, all they would have had to do is abstain on all major policy... and if every tory mp voted the same way... the tories would still win a vote!

instead they shook the money tree in their own interest, whilst screwing scotland and wales at the some time....

By *ionaScarletTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

Corbyn = 6 months

Strawman! and not a particularly good one, there's little sympathy for trident in this part of the world.

The Tories have magically come up with 1 billion+ pounds for NI. Money they've repeatedly claimed they don't have.

So which is it...

Option A: they had it all along? In which case... fucking lying bastards!

Option B: they are going to take from elsewhere, defunding some other area of the public finances in order to maintain their majority in the commons.In which case... just fucking bastards!

Option C: tralalalala brexit! Unicorns! rainbows and fantastically wealthy puppies!

Cambridge

Are you suggesting that the Tories would have shirked the commitment made to NATO at the Wales summit if it hadn't have been for the DUP?

so now we know what NI contribution on our pay packet stands for !!!!

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"so now we know what NI contribution on our pay packet stands for !!!!"

It's ok, most of the politics and lounge fora hate London and Londoners and we'll end up paying for this to preserve the offer to the Tory heartlands. London is 20% of the population and 30% of the tax take.

Think this is totally demeaning !

If the money was thier they should have had it !

If not it's Bribery !!!

I'm struggling to see how this deal is even Legal !!!!

Corbyn = 6 months

Strawman! and not a particularly good one, there's little sympathy for trident in this part of the world.

The Tories have magically come up with 1 billion+ pounds for NI. Money they've repeatedly claimed they don't have.

So which is it...

Option A: they had it all along? In which case... fucking lying bastards!

Option B: they are going to take from elsewhere, defunding some other area of the public finances in order to maintain their majority in the commons.In which case... just fucking bastards!

Option C: tralalalala brexit! Unicorns! rainbows and fantastically wealthy puppies!

"

Option D... More debt for the grandkids to pay off. Sure what's the harm, it's an outlandish sum as it stands anyway and the interest payments are already unmanageable

its either total stupidity or arrogance from the tories,have we ever had a time when the leaders of our country been so inept????

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Corbyn = 6 months

Good. The sooner we get rid of Trident, the better. The UK position in NATO is secure, but our role is not.

Nuclear weapons are a defence strategy of the Cold War era and the biggest threat to the UK no longer comes from Russia or indeed any other nuclear armed nation within striking distance.

Britain needs to redefine its military role in order to respond to the current threats to our nation and having a front line army service that would not even fill Wembley stadium is negligent. The threats are different and the response strategy needs to be different. We can guarantee our nuclear security through NATO by providing to NATO other more mobile assets that can efficiently deal with modern day threats.

moston

"Good. The sooner we get rid of Trident, the better. The UK position in NATO is secure, but our role is not.

Nuclear weapons are a defence strategy of the Cold War era and the biggest threat to the UK no longer comes from Russia or indeed any other nuclear armed nation within striking distance.

"

Sorry, you and JC are wrong about this. I fully understand why you dislike atomic weapons but the truth is they save lives because they stop the larger (and more aggressive) powers form directly confronting one another in all out armed conflict.

I know this is counter intuitive but just look at India and Pakistan. From 1947 to until 2000 they were virtually constantly at war with sporadic short intervals of peace. Then withing weeks of each other they exploded their first nuclear bombs and suddenly they found the way to stop the war. OK, it is not a perfect peace but it is a dam site better than the near constant artillery duels, air raids and pitched battles that proceeded it. Then look at Ukraine and ask yourself if rather than signing The Budapest Memorandum and giving up the nuclear arsenal Ukraine inherited from the USSR it had kept its weapons do you really think that the Crimea and most of Eastern Ukraine would have been annexed by Putin's Russian Federation? If you want further evidence of how many lives nuclear weapons save check out the UN figures for deaths due to warfare from 1900 (warfare became industrialised in 1896 with the advent of the improved Vickers Maxim Machine Gun) and the first use of atomic weapons. Then compare that figure with the fatality rate due to warfare from August 1945 to the present day. Finally allow for the efficiency improvements over the last 70 years in weapons of destruction and ask yourself why such a reduction in the slaughter? At this point I refer you to what I said about India and Pakistan and ask you to imagine what the death toll would be like without nuclear weapons.

I would respectfully suggest that where nuclear weapons are concerned we cannot afford to give them up regardless of what the rest of the world does.

North West

"Good. The sooner we get rid of Trident, the better. The UK position in NATO is secure, but our role is not.

Sorry, you and JC are wrong about this. I fully understand why you dislike atomic weapons but the truth is they save lives because they stop the larger (and more aggressive) powers form directly confronting one another in all out armed conflict.

I know this is counter intuitive but just look at India and Pakistan. From 1947 to until 2000 they were virtually constantly at war with sporadic short intervals of peace. Then withing weeks of each other they exploded their first nuclear bombs and suddenly they found the way to stop the war. OK, it is not a perfect peace but it is a dam site better than the near constant artillery duels, air raids and pitched battles that proceeded it. Then look at Ukraine and ask yourself if rather than signing The Budapest Memorandum and giving up the nuclear arsenal Ukraine inherited from the USSR it had kept its weapons do you really think that the Crimea and most of Eastern Ukraine would have been annexed by Putin's Russian Federation? If you want further evidence of how many lives nuclear weapons save check out the UN figures for deaths due to warfare from 1900 (warfare became industrialised in 1896 with the advent of the improved Vickers Maxim Machine Gun) and the first use of atomic weapons. Then compare that figure with the fatality rate due to warfare from August 1945 to the present day. Finally allow for the efficiency improvements over the last 70 years in weapons of destruction and ask yourself why such a reduction in the slaughter? At this point I refer you to what I said about India and Pakistan and ask you to imagine what the death toll would be like without nuclear weapons.

I would respectfully suggest that where nuclear weapons are concerned we cannot afford to give them up regardless of what the rest of the world does."

I don't dispute the argument about nuclear weapons one bit and our nuclear protection is assured through NATO. What the UK no longer has is a truly effective presence in NATO because our front line is now wafer thin.

The UK armed forces can offer something different and that something different is rapid response and counter insurgency operations. We are completely stymied by the gargantuan and completely unnecessary nuclear bill and regular soldiering (as well as Air Force and Navy) is being hampered.

Right now the UK needs a modern day Nimrod replacement that is overhead 24/7 and conducting counter insurgency operations with GCHQ - why don't we have it? The Navy is a joke - why?

NATO can work so much better if different countries adopted different roles and we could have a much more effective armed force if the Trident budget was used elsewhere.

PS We were having this debate in 1983 at Sandhurst and way back then the majority of senior officers who were Instructing believed that the UK would serve its NATO purposes better without having our own independent nuclear deterrent (from memory it was Polaris at the time).

moston

"I don't dispute the argument about nuclear weapons one bit and our nuclear protection is assured through NATO. What the UK no longer has is a truly effective presence in NATO because our front line is now wafer thin.

The UK armed forces can offer something different and that something different is rapid response and counter insurgency operations. We are completely stymied by the gargantuan and completely unnecessary nuclear bill and regular soldiering (as well as Air Force and Navy) is being hampered.

Right now the UK needs a modern day Nimrod replacement that is overhead 24/7 and conducting counter insurgency operations with GCHQ - why don't we have it? The Navy is a joke - why?

NATO can work so much better if different countries adopted different roles and we could have a much more effective armed force if the Trident budget was used elsewhere.

PS We were having this debate in 1983 at Sandhurst and way back then the majority of senior officers who were Instructing believed that the UK would serve its NATO purposes better without having our own independent nuclear deterrent (from memory it was Polaris at the time)."

Again, I hear what you are saying, understand and sympathise with where you are coming from but would respectfully say you are still wrong.

I come from a slightly different background being a former RM of a slightly older vintage and we no doubt used to debate the same military issues. However I would suggest that the RM prospective was and is more joined up because of the nature of being a single corps rather than the splintered organisation that the Army is.

Our conclusions were that regardless of need our political masters would continue to cut until the armed forces were little more than a paper tiger. That the modus operandi of axe wielders was to divide and conquer by setting service against service and arm against arm. And for the Royal Marines to survive we needed to remain a single cohesive unit combining Marines and Army Commandos. We also came to the conclusion that on average 1 recruit in 1000 would make the grade required for special forces training and that this would drop to no lower than 1 in 200 in elite spearhead units. Therefore we calculated that Royal Marines needed to keep manning levels at a minimum of 4000 and preferably 6000 to be able to maintain a viable SBS and MAWTC. Of course in 96 when our manning levels were cut to 3000 we lost both units to the newly formed Army Special Forces Brigade. Of course at the same time the Int corps lost 40 Int Coy because their numbers also dropped below that required to be able to continue supplying recruits of the standard required, and the same can be seen across the armed forces. Soon our special forces will be no better than a competent assault pioneer of the 1970's!

The only branch to avoid the cuts has been the bomber fleet, even the hunter/killer boats have been cut to the bone and our brown water boats are virtually nonexistent. We have no fleet air arm and having just pissed the whole of Europe off expect the French to lend us a carrier if say the Argies decide to revisit the Falklands.

Regardless of what Army and RAF Chiefs may hope when they look at the Trident procurement pot the truth is that if (as they may well be able) they persuade greedy unprincipled politicians to scrap our nuclear deterrent they will not see a single penny of that money, and they must know this! We have a government of the same calibre as that of the 30's and our armed forces are in an even worse state. For gods sake the word is that HMRM will be disbanded in the very near future and in that move we lose our only independant unit. At least if we keep our bomb we will be left alone by Vlad.

Just my thoughts, for what little they are worth.

Why haven't countries without a nuclear deterrent been nuked then?

Grantham

"Why haven't countries without a nuclear deterrent been nuked then?"

Why should they be?

Most countries are in some sort of alliance with larger countries anyway. It's what's kept the world more or less safe since 1945.

moston

"Why haven't countries without a nuclear deterrent been nuked then?"

Wrong question...

Try asking, why is it countries with nuclear weapon attack non nuclear countries?

Followed by why did none of the countries that guaranteed Ukraine's borders attack Russia when it invaded Ukraine?

Then ask, why do nuclear armed countries go to such lengths to avoid direct confrontation?

Then ask, why has Putin just informed the world that his commanders on the ground have nuclear weapons and both the authority to use them and the arming codes.

Finally ask yourself whats stopping Putin attacking us and do you really want our ultimate defence to depend on the whim of Donny small hands?

"Most countries are in some sort of alliance with larger countries anyway. It's what's kept the world more or less safe since 1945."

I'd dispute that "the world" has been a safe place since 1945. Europe maybe. The rest of the world was always fair game for US/Russian imperialism, and them arming whatever crackpots were on their side of the conflict. Even now, Daesh has its roots in America arming the mujaheddin to stop the soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

"One DUP member complained that being described as "dinosaurs" was unparliamentary languageThe Speaker disagreed.

How can they complain about being described such when they don't believe dinosaurs existed? "

Grantham

"Most countries are in some sort of alliance with larger countries anyway. It's what's kept the world more or less safe since 1945.

I'd dispute that "the world" has been a safe place since 1945. Europe maybe. The rest of the world was always fair game for US/Russian imperialism, and them arming whatever crackpots were on their side of the conflict. Even now, Daesh has its roots in America arming the mujaheddin to stop the soviet invasion of Afghanistan."

There will always be small conflicts, but I doubt that we will see another World War. Superpowers fight proxy wars these days but letting militaristic countries such as North Korea and Iran have nuclear weapons is worrying to me.

I really don't see the hype with nukes especially in this country

Assured destruction no one wins we are better off going to talk to and making a trade deal with our so called enemies cuz after Brexit we will definitely need them ..and when it comes to nukes everyone knows you can't out nuke America or Russia the only other country who probably needs them is isreal

"Most countries are in some sort of alliance with larger countries anyway. It's what's kept the world more or less safe since 1945.

I'd dispute that "the world" has been a safe place since 1945. Europe maybe. The rest of the world was always fair game for US/Russian imperialism, and them arming whatever crackpots were on their side of the conflict. Even now, Daesh has its roots in America arming the mujaheddin to stop the soviet invasion of Afghanistan.

There will always be small conflicts, but I doubt that we will see another World War. Superpowers fight proxy wars these days but letting militaristic countries such as North Korea and Iran have nuclear weapons is worrying to me."

Iran is irrelevant.Every inch of Iran is watched by satellite the moment a launch is detected iran would incinerated.They might be a little crazy in Tehran but they arent suicidal. The biggest threat to world peace is the USA.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've just re-read David Cameron's exhortations to the nation two days before the 2015 GE to avoid a coalition of chaos between Ed Miliband and the SNP, where the SNP would demand something else for each crucial vote.

Might this deal be enough for Sinn Fein to take their seats and frustrate the ability for clean sweep votes? Unlikely, but it must be somewhere in their conversations.

North West

".......The biggest threat to world peace is the USA.

"

I agree

I agree "

So do I.

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

People need to wake up the Tories are scumbags along with the DUP

1 billion extra to N.Ireland yet Scotland wont get any extra yeah really looks like bribe to keep them sweet.

Remember this though The Scottish Secretary, David Mundell, previously said that additional funding for Northern Ireland would mean “appropriate funding” for Scotland

And where is David Mundell ? I will tell you he is gone into hiding rat fucking scumbag.

I will keep saying never ever trust a Tory they are all fucking scumbags to keep them and their pals rich while they give fuck all care about the poor and disabled.

By *astmeetswest77Couple  over a year ago

monmouth

A bigger rip off than Paul pogba.

£1 billion for 10 parliamentary votes.

And austerity has been essential for how many years?

Doesn't sound like much money to me tbh. I have been to Northern Ireland and a Billion quid will go a lot further than on the mainland. It is very deprived.

It's fuckall and it buys our country stability.

It's 0.04 % of annual government spending.

I agree

So do I."

Almost... it's actually Isreal, America is just the muscle.

moston

"Iran is irrelevant.Every inch of Iran is watched by satellite the moment a launch is detected iran would incinerated.They might be a little crazy in Tehran but they arent suicidal. The biggest threat to world peace is the USA.

"

Actually Iran is not irrelevant, but is another example of why we should keep our nuclear deterrent. Prior to Iran proving it has nuclear capability the USA and it's client states would attack Iran whenever they felt like it. However since Iran became a potential nuclear power although the economic warfare has continued along with the rhetoric associated with military being stepped up, overt military attack on Iran's sovereign territory have been noticeably absent.

Nukes provide territorial stability and are the ultimate deterrent against aggression.

moston

I agree

So do I.

Almost... it's actually Isreal, America is just the muscle."

I understand where both of the above are coming from and agree up to a point, but I think Putin is more dangerous because he has returned to a time when military commanders and by implication their subordinates had the ability to deploy nuclear devices.

The real danger to world peace is not some politician or even military officers.

Its the shit scared semiliterate, indoctrinated, brutalised and punchy grunt with the tactical battlefield nuclear weapon with no safeties that he is just dying to use to 'get the bastards!'

Newcastle and Gateshead

"It's fuckall and it buys our country stability.

"

It actually works out as 4% of the total block grant given to Northern Ireland... who as has been pointed out already do much better than the other regions out of the Barnett formula... and they have done it in a way where the money is not Barnett related so Scotland or wales don't get any extra money

So it is a Northern Ireland bribe... and this only lasts 2years so they can go back with the begging bowl in 2019

Cannock

It actually works out as 4% of the total block grant given to Northern Ireland... who as has been pointed out already do much better than the other regions out of the Barnett formula... and they have done it in a way where the money is not Barnett related so Scotland or wales don't get any extra money

So it is a Northern Ireland bribe... and this only lasts 2years so they can go back with the begging bowl in 2019"

Scotland and Wales have been getting extra money outside of the Barnet formula though, hundreds of millions in city deals to places like Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Swansea. MP Damien Green listed many more such deals yesterday in his House of Commons speech on the DUP deal, cities all over the country where extra money is being paid outside of the Barnet formula.

By *ionaScarletTV/TS  over a year ago

Dundee

So it is a Northern Ireland bribe... and this only lasts 2years so they can go back with the begging bowl in 2019

Scotland and Wales have been getting extra money outside of the Barnet formula though, hundreds of millions in city deals to places like Glasgow, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Swansea. MP Damien Green listed many more such deals yesterday in his House of Commons speech on the DUP deal, cities all over the country where extra money is being paid outside of the Barnet formula. "

In return for votes? No?

I fail to see how that's better. Here Northern Ireland - look at all this cash we're throwing at Scotland and Wales - but you fuckers are getting nothing unless you support us in the commons.

So its not bribery after all - merely extortion...

Bristol

"

On what planet does it buy our country stability?

It props up the most inept government in forty years, and shows everyone that they only have any power by stealing from the taxpayer to bribe other terrorist-supporting crooks.

It should be a matter for the police,

Well I think the poor Irish deserve a bung for having the most sodden, rain soaked, grey cloudy part of the UK to live in

And for being the butt of countless jokes and stereotyped as being "silver tongued" and all that racist shite

And for having the crack, of course

It props up the most inept government in forty years, and shows everyone that they only have any power by stealing from the taxpayer to bribe other terrorist-supporting crooks.

It should be a matter for the police,"

Gives them a clear majority in votes ya see. That way there no opposition and thus stability

Having their strategy undermined by idiot dissenters from labour would cause great instability. Remainers would continue to throw spanners in the works and be a drag. Now they can't

Newbury

Gives them a clear majority in votes ya see. That way there no opposition and thus stability "

No opposition?

You are banking on all of the Tory MPs and the DUP backing the government every time...

Never gonna happen - they can't enforce a three-line whip on every ballot.

Cannock

It should be a matter for the police,"

Please feel free to call the Police on this matter, I'm sure they'll be happy to give you a warning or a caution or arrest you for wasting valuable police time.

Gives them a clear majority in votes ya see. That way there no opposition and thus stability

No opposition?

You are banking on all of the Tory MPs and the DUP backing the government every time...

Never gonna happen - they can't enforce a three-line whip on every ballot. "

The deal guarantees it on key issues like Brexit. I hope they do oppose nasty Tory bollocks. Only thing they are good for is Brexit. After that, well fuck them off. You can't do that with the EU commission. You can't repeal their laws either. And nobody elected them in the first place!

Bristol

Please feel free to call the Police on this matter, I'm sure they'll be happy to give you a warning or a caution or arrest you for wasting valuable police time. "

Comprehension just isn't your strong point, is it Centaur? No wonder you voted Leave!

Cannock

No opposition?

Never gonna happen - they can't enforce a three-line whip on every ballot. "

The same applies to Labour and the SNP. Do you think all Labour and SNP MP's will vote the same way on every vote?

Never gonna happen - they can't enforce a three-line whip on every ballot either.

Newbury

No opposition?

The deal guarantees it on key issues like Brexit. I hope they do oppose nasty Tory bollocks. Only thing they are good for is Brexit. After that, well fuck them off. You can't do that with the EU commission. You can't repeal their laws either. And nobody elected them in the first place!"

No it doesn't - plenty of Tories are either remainers or pro a "soft" Brexit. It's a secret ballot and they will vote the way that they choose. They might get a slapped wrist afterwards but by then it's too late.

Do you actually know how parliament works?

Why do you think that Thresa May thought her re-election majority was insufficient enough to call an election with the purpose of securing her a massive majority? It's because MPs don't, never have and never will vote the way they are told.

Newbury

No opposition?

The same applies to Labour and the SNP. Do you think all Labour and SNP MP's will vote the same way on every vote?

Never gonna happen - they can't enforce a three-line whip on every ballot either. "

Whats your point?

Cannock

No opposition?

Never gonna happen - they can't enforce a three-line whip on every ballot either.

Whats your point?"

When it comes to votes on things like Brexit, you have pro Brexit Labour MP's like Kate Hoey, John Mann and Dennis Skinner (among others) who may vote with the government to get Brexit through. They campaigned for Leave in the EU referendum. Seeing as Corbyn is really a Brexiter as well even he will vote for Brexit when it comes down to it. What is the worst Kate Hoey is going to get? A slap on the wrist?

"Comprehension just isn't your strong point, is it Centaur? No wonder you voted Leave! "

Most people who voted leave object to an unelected cabal in Brussels making our laws.

Some voted leave because they worked for a company that made them redundant and moved their manufacturing to the EU.

Some voted leave because they object to having open borders and indiscriminate immigration into the Uk. They feel that like the U.S, Canada, New Zealand and Australia, we should grant residency to the best applicants who will contribute the most to our economy and be compatible with British values and culture.

Some voted leave for other reasons - there are lots of valid reasons to leave, none to remain.

Newbury

No opposition?

Whats your point?

When it comes to votes on things like Brexit, you have pro Brexit Labour MP's like Kate Hoey, John Mann and Dennis Skinner (among others) who may vote with the government to get Brexit through. They campaigned for Leave in the EU referendum. Seeing as Corbyn is really a Brexiter as well even he will vote for Brexit when it comes down to it. What is the worst Kate Hoey is going to get? A slap on the wrist? "

Yeah, I know. I still don't get what your point is.

Numbnuts up there seems to think that a slim Tory majority somehow enables them to force bills though the house. It won't.

give it it's proper name .... corruption

Cannock

No opposition?

Whats your point?

When it comes to votes on things like Brexit, you have pro Brexit Labour MP's like Kate Hoey, John Mann and Dennis Skinner (among others) who may vote with the government to get Brexit through. They campaigned for Leave in the EU referendum. Seeing as Corbyn is really a Brexiter as well even he will vote for Brexit when it comes down to it. What is the worst Kate Hoey is going to get? A slap on the wrist?

Numbnuts up there seems to think that a slim Tory majority somehow enables them to force bills though the house. It won't. "

It's the same point you were making about rebels in parties voting differently to how they are told. This happens in all parties on all sides of the house not just on the government benches. So the tories may have a few rebels who will vote against on some votes, that will be counter acted by rebels on the opposition benches voting with the government on certain issues.

Newcastle and Gateshead

centaur seems to be back in this thread.... but seems to have forgotten that he owes people an apology for spread mistruth over figures....

so lets try this again....

apology?????????

Newbury

No opposition?

Whats your point?

Numbnuts up there seems to think that a slim Tory majority somehow enables them to force bills though the house. It won't.

It's the same point you were making about rebels in parties voting differently to how they are told. This happens in all parties on all sides of the house not just on the government benches. So the tories may have a few rebels who will vote against on some votes, that will be counter acted by rebels on the opposition benches voting with the government on certain issues. "

It might, it might not. That's kind of my point. Stability it certainly ain't.

So it is a Northern Ireland bribe... and this only lasts 2years so they can go back with the begging bowl in 2019"

0.04 % of total government annual spending is correct. Your straw man number is a seperate issue. I'm not talking about distribution or Scotland or any of that - ppl are saying it's a lot of money, asking where it's going to come from - this is the point - it's not. It's a tiny drop in the bucket.

Typical remain tactics every time - you cant disprove a point so you present an entirely irrelevant fact as if it's a counter claim.

Desperate on Mays part. Clinging to power at any cost.

"So there we have it.. Any thoughts on the bung given to the DUP

Desperate on Mays part. Clinging to power at any cost."

Not any cost.. just 0.04% of annual spending bargain

Desperate is when you start politicising tragedy in an attempt to score points. Disgraceful how labour used the fire as a weapon to attack May.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

0.04 % of total government annual spending is correct. Your straw man number is a seperate issue. I'm not talking about distribution or Scotland or any of that - ppl are saying it's a lot of money, asking where it's going to come from - this is the point - it's not. It's a tiny drop in the bucket.

Typical remain tactics every time - you cant disprove a point so you present an entirely irrelevant fact as if it's a counter claim.

"

the 4% number that i quoted is not a straw man number because the block grant given to the devolved adminstrations is all linked via the barnett formula...

so a 4% increase in the block grant to northern ireland should have also meant a 4% increase in the grant given to scotland.... and a 4% increase in the grant given to wales....

your arguement is that a billion is not a lot of money..... but this was the same conservative party who also said there was no magic money tree, were proposing cutting extra education money per pupil, and were going to take away the winter fuel allowance from pensioners....

and where the fuck do you manage to find an avenue to pop in a brexit reference? astounding!!! I didn't mention it in any post on this issue.... I called it a bung/bribe because that is exactly what it is... and it wasn't money that was there before!

brexit was not part of the reason why i voted in this election.... that bird flew!!! i voted on this election based on the nhs, and education, and social care, and the ecomony....

don't try and spin this into another issue it isnt!!! try that jedi mind trick somewhere else cause it aint working on me!

You mean the "typical remainer.." bit?

I've seen your posts elsewhere and you use the same tactics remainers do. You muddy the water with waffle to distract from simple facts you can't get round

I don't defend conservatives or their Tory penchant for hammering the worst off.

When Brexit is done, she's gone.

This was the first time I voted conservative in my life. Only one reason and that is Brexit.

Bournemouth

"So there we have it.. Any thoughts on the bung given to the DUP

Desperate on Mays part. Clinging to power at any cost."

If she didn't call the fucking election none of this would have happened greedy cow thought she could win everybody's vote

Backfired on here badly and soon she will be gone good riddance I say

Let's face it she is a remainer anyway

Wasted a billion or so of taxpayers money which could have gone to the nhs which if we carry on much longer without funding is st crisis point

Newcastle and Gateshead

"You mean the "typical remainer.." bit?

I've seen your posts elsewhere and you use the same tactics remainers do. You muddy the water with waffle to distract from simple facts you can't get round

"

no... i am talking about money that was never there before june 9th.... and now magically has appeared....

of course if this money was always intended for northern ireland, they could always have put it in the conservatives manifesto......

if you want to exude your brexit hatred on every single issue, thats on you....

I am talking about this specific issue.... so again, cut out the jedi mind trick for some sap gullible enough to fall for your "bait and switch"

i am talking about extra money given to northern ireland outside of the barnett forumla, for stuff that would have been include in the barnett formula...

money for the northern ireland NHS, money for northern irish Education, m northern ireland infusture projects (and before people shout city deals.. in the city deals the specific money has to go to named projects beforehand, and can only go to that project) so improvements in NI broadband coverage that happened in scotland and wales came out of the block grant... this gets extra money on to of...

and if you want me to name a specific project that fell under city deal money.... remember that lovely summer people had down in london in 2012.... remember those lovely shiny brand new venues that people went to the olympics in..

city deal money!!!!

general infrustructure improvements falls withing the block grant...

the simple fact whether you care to admit it or not, is that this is a bribe/bung.... if you want to justify that by saying its not a lot of money thats doesn't make it any less of a bribe/bung

if i steal a mars bar from a shop, can i justify that by saying " well its not a lot of money!"... its still theft!

as you would have seen in my first post in this thread..... you would have seen that the person i almost feel most sorry for in the con/dup bribe is Ruth Davidson..... because it could stop their momentum dead and you just gave the SNP and Labour in scotland the easiest thing to beat her over the head for the next five years..... you didn't stick up for scotland, you weren't strong enough to get us any extra money!

see... if they money HAD been part of the barnett forumla, at least she could have said that in part it would have meant more money for scotland as well..... but that has been taken away from here in the way the bribe/bung was done.......

Mate the whole thing has been transparent!

Describing it as a bribe is a lie. Bribes aren't discussed in public and have to do with criminal activity... neither being the case here.

More accurate would be to call it a fee or incentive.

Jedi mind tricks? There's been no need to resort to anything as sophisticated

And dude.. all you remoaning bitches need to work on brevity. You use a lot of words to say nothing of relevance, ad nausea.

Can't you condense your whole agenda in a chant? Maybe a grunt?

Newcastle and Gateshead

cool... so rather than actually argueing the merits and bringing actual information of relevence... we now get pithy replies and now semantics over whether a bribe/bung is really an insentive/fee....

gotcha!!!!!!

so..... if you have nothing to add.... take the "centaur" route and pretend nowt of the above happened.....

sometimes it is better to keep quiet rather than opening your mouth and trying to defend the indefensible....

(or trying some weak-arsed brexit diatribe to change the subject......)

"cool... so rather than actually argueing the merits and bringing actual information of relevence... we now get pithy replies and now semantics over whether a bribe/bung is really an insentive/fee....

gotcha!!!!!!

so..... if you have nothing to add.... take the "centaur" route and pretend nowt of the above happened.....

sometimes it is better to keep quiet rather than opening your mouth and trying to defend the indefensible....

(or trying some weak-arsed brexit diatribe to change the subject......) "

No I pointed out that bribe implies illegality and secret deals. I destroyed that assertion simply by presenting the definition of the term.

More accurate words like fee or incentive were provided also.

Don't make out you just got bullied! You just got owned on lies you perpetuate

Newbury

"I don't defend conservatives or their Tory penchant for hammering the worst off.

This was the first time I voted conservative in my life. Only one reason and that is Brexit."

You thought that by voting for the remainer, May, you'd get a hard Brexit?

"I don't defend conservatives or their Tory penchant for hammering the worst off.

This was the first time I voted conservative in my life. Only one reason and that is Brexit.

You thought that by voting for the remainer, May, you'd get a hard Brexit? "

No such thing a "hard" or "soft" or any variation on Brexit. Only Brexit which is leaving the EU

By voting for May we get Brexit

And you do too

You can thank us later, when your well again after the cognitive problems you've all had

Newbury

No such thing a "hard" or "soft" or any variation on Brexit. Only Brexit which is leaving the EU

And you do too "

By voting any way other than Lib Dem, you'd have got Brexit.

Whats your point?

And you do too

Whats your point?"

Wrong. Labour would reverse it in a heartbeat.

Labour is the refuge of remainers who hate May. Labour know where their votes come from... remainers, immigrants, leftist, the young and ignorant.

Im beginning to think that this disease called Fargeismn has mutated into centaurismn

"Im beginning to think that this disease called Fargeismn has mutated into centaurismn "

You know how you sound? Like a whining noise that has no point or even any charm

Newbury

And you do too

Whats your point?

Wrong. Labour would reverse it in a heartbeat.

Labour is the refuge of remainers who hate May. Labour know where their votes come from... remainers, immigrants, leftist, the young and ignorant."

What on earth are you on about? UKIP managed to pull plenty of voters from Labour on the issue of Brexit, most of whom went back to the Labour Party at the general election.

The left isn't pro-remain or pro-leave, its quite split on the issue. Ideologically, membership of the EU is one the left are opposed to, but some voted remain because they see it as the lesser of two evils.

I don't think you actually know anything about the left do you?

Also; re "the ignorant", you do know that the higher your level of academic education, the more likley you are to vote towards the left, don't you?

Newbury

And also; weren't there quite a lot of high profile Tory MPs in the remain campaign?...

(Before you feel the need to respond, the answer you are looking for is "yes, yes there were"...)

"

Also; re "the ignorant", you do know that the higher your level of academic education, the more likley you are to vote towards the left, don't you?"

Yes it's the peer pressure from social groups filled with minorities and the utter brainwashing that is 90% of the education system. I know - I've worked within it. From cradle you were conditioned to conform so you do. Brainwashed and conditioned

Newbury

"

Also; re "the ignorant", you do know that the higher your level of academic education, the more likley you are to vote towards the left, don't you?

Yes it's the peer pressure from social groups filled with minorities and the utter brainwashing that is 90% of the education system. I know - I've worked within it. From cradle you were conditioned to conform so you do. Brainwashed and conditioned "

So; people who don't believe what you do are somehow "brainwashed", even those who have the access to, and abilty to read, understand and inwardly digest a wide ammount of source matereal?

"And also; weren't there quite a lot of high profile Tory MPs in the remain campaign?...

(Before you feel the need to respond, the answer you are looking for is "yes, yes there were"...)"

There are remainers scurrying around everywhere like cockroaches

I know remainers who voted purely to retain freedom of movement despite criminal records.

They admit they voted for what was good for them not the country. At least they are honest. No integrity but honest

"

Yes it's the peer pressure from social groups filled with minorities and the utter brainwashing that is 90% of the education system. I know - I've worked within it. From cradle you were conditioned to conform so you do. Brainwashed and conditioned

So; people who don't believe what you do are somehow "brainwashed", even those who have the access to, and abilty to read, understand and inwardly digest a wide ammount of source matereal?

"

No, people who get their "opinions" handed to them from establishment sources, mainstream media propaganda and their twitter friends.. they are brainwashed

Newbury

"And also; weren't there quite a lot of high profile Tory MPs in the remain campaign?...

(Before you feel the need to respond, the answer you are looking for is "yes, yes there were"...)

I know remainers who voted purely to retain freedom of movement despite criminal records.

They admit they voted for what was good for them not the country. At least they are honest. No integrity but honest "

Remainers in the Tory party voted to remain pureley so they could stay here in spite of their criminal records? Is that what you are saying?

They admit they voted for what was good for them not the country. At least they are honest. No integrity but honest

Remainers in the Tory party voted to remain pureley so they could stay here in spite of their criminal records? Is that what you are saying? "

No. Just read what I said maybe?!

Newbury

"

No, people who get their "opinions" handed to them from establishment sources, mainstream media propaganda and their twitter friends.. they are brainwashed "

You know those papery things.... Books, I believe they call them... It is my undertsnding that universities have vast receptacles of thise called "libraries" and students and lecturers alike are encouraged to use them.

My university town had another one of those. I believe they called it "The National Library" in which, you could source very book in print.....

"Im beginning to think that this disease called Fargeismn has mutated into centaurismn

You know how you sound? Like a whining noise that has no point or even any charm "

Yup i knew it....its mutated

Newbury

"

No, people who get their "opinions" handed to them from establishment sources, mainstream media propaganda and their twitter friends.. they are brainwashed

You know those papery things.... Books, I believe they call them... It is my undertsnding that universities have vast receptacles of thise called "libraries" and students and lecturers alike are encouraged to use them.

My university town had another one of those. I believe they called it "The National Library" in which, you could source very book in print.....

medication and nap time for you is it ? "

Excellent comeback.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

They admit they voted for what was good for them not the country. At least they are honest. No integrity but honest "

you DO actually know that border security can keep any person out of the country if the are seen as being a threat to security don't you regardless of where they are from... EU or otherwise...

"

you DO actually know that border security can keep any person out of the country if the are seen as being a threat to security don't you regardless of where they are from... EU or otherwise..."

Yes of course but why are changing the subject? I was talking about the freedom of movement under EU rules.

[Removed by poster at 28/06/17 14:09:49]

Newbury

"Im beginning to think that this disease called Fargeismn has mutated into centaurismn

judging by this thread.... i don't know if this is spreading or mutating....

I think Centaur is something of an intellectual giant compared to this one.

My cat is an intellectual giant compared to you. I guess we all have our level

Blimey. I dodn't expect you to make my point for me quite so quickly and readily....

Your point being that your stupid? Ok "

Nope....

But do carry on.

Blimey. I dodn't expect you to make my point for me quite so quickly and readily....

Your point being that your stupid? Ok

Nope....

But do carry on. "

Demonstrating your stupidity? You do fine on your own trust me

Newbury

Nope....

But do carry on.

Demonstrating your stupidity? You do fine on your own trust me "

Is this mean? I can't decide....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

you DO actually know that border security can keep any person out of the country if the are seen as being a threat to security don't you regardless of where they are from... EU or otherwise...

Yes of course but why are changing the subject? I was talking about the freedom of movement under EU rules."

I know you are.... i was saying that people with criminal records if they are seen as being a clear and present danger to the general public can be kept out of this country regardless of where they are from..... so for you to bring it up is actually a red herring....

so people with criminal records in the EU can be kept out of the country...... that won't change under brexit!

your move einstein.....

Nope....

But do carry on.

Is this mean? I can't decide...."

See! Stupid

Do you have a carer?

Newbury

Nope....

But do carry on.

Is this mean? I can't decide....

See! Stupid "

Dance, monkey, dance.....

Newcastle and Gateshead

you know what they say..... give a person enough rope, and eventually he will find a way to hang himself with it.....

this one just happens to be more spectactular, its like he's done it with his cock!!!!! (well thats where his brains must be guessing by the answers he has given.......)

this whole thing is just a tammany hall system of government ... torys are showing their true colours of being grasping, corrupt, megalomaniac despots ... things in the UK just keep getting worse with them in office ... tragic really

» Add a new message to this topic