FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Bit of fun Lol Its GERS time again

Bit of fun Lol Its GERS time again

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

Today see's the GERS figures once again come out telling us how Scotland is that we’re too small, too subsidised and too stupid to ever be independent.

GERS data is producted for Scotland as part of the UK it does NOT show what an independent Scotland would look like.

GERS figures only show a snapshot of how Scotland fares within the UK and cannot be taken as a guide to how an independent Scotland would do. It is telling that all the Independent countries around us are higher ranked, some significantly (Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Belgium and the netherlands). I wonder what is holding us back eh? Could it be the UK and the trillions of debt lol

Ireland and Iceland near top of the list with their GDP, the same Ireland and Iceland the unionists called basket cases before the referendum LOL

Here is a couple of questions to ponder.. and please do try and answer as i will keep going back till people answer

1. Why can we not see the figures for England and how much has the UK debt increased since this time last year ?

2.I am still waiting for any of the unionists to explain why Scotland is in such a financial state after being in the 300 year old most successful union in history ?

3. Whisky , Salmon , Gin 3 Scottish products = 50% of the UK total food and drinks exports. What does England export ?

So the yearly roll-out of unionist math portraying Scotland as subsidy junkie. The UK would sink without Scotland. Brexit means they need Scotland even more but Scotland needs to escape, before it’s too late.

Surely the unionists at Holyrood will give the SNP a big pat on the back for performing miracles, ie, keeping Scotland’s head above water against massive odds. 300+ years of the so called union, has the penny dropped yet that its not doing Scotland any favours, to say the least?

P.S anyone seen Ruth Davidson she has went missing ? lol

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Oh god, she's on her soap box again.

By *icklybitMan  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Forgetting to mention that to maintain current spending would require Scotland to raise taxes to replace the £10bn we would lose by leaving the UK.

If only the nats could tell us what an indy Scotlands revenue and spending would look like with the kind of detail that GERS foes.

They can't.

They won't.

The last time they made economic predictions was in the White Paper that they voted for, and we all seen how that worked out, oil predictions out by £8.3bn.

The Council of Elrond

"Forgetting to mention that to maintain current spending would require Scotland to raise taxes to replace the £10bn we would lose by leaving the UK.

If only the nats could tell us what an indy Scotlands revenue and spending would look like with the kind of detail that GERS foes.

They can't.

They won't.

The last time they made economic predictions was in the White Paper that they voted for, and we all seen how that worked out, oil predictions out by £8.3bn."

How about you try answering my 1,2,3 questions eh ?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"

1. Why can we not see the figures for England and how much has the UK debt increased since this time last year ?

"

The clue is in the title of the report - Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland. It is for Scotland!

"

2.I am still waiting for any of the unionists to explain why Scotland is in such a financial state after being in the 300 year old most successful union in history ?

"

Because you have been subsidised. You say it is so successful - why do you want to leave?

"

3. Whisky , Salmon , Gin 3 Scottish products = 50% of the UK total food and drinks exports. What does England export ?

"

Chocolate, beer, cheese and beef to name a few.

The Council of Elrond

"

The clue is in the title of the report - Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland. It is for Scotland!

Because you have been subsidised. You say it is so successful - why do you want to leave?

Chocolate, beer, cheese and beef to name a few."

Thank you for at least answering

Now

1. Can you tell me the figures for England and how much the UK debt has increased in the last year ?

2. Right so you are saying Scotland's people are subsidy junkies ? Then care to tell me why Westminster are hell bend on keeping Scotland then ? Why not cut Scotland off if we are all leeches

3. So how much of that is English products ? in % please i already told you Whisky , Gin and Salmon is 50% of the UK total now Scotland gains independence that will be taken away so 50% of UK food and drinks exports goes back home to Scotland how much does England export in % please ?

Ayrshire

"

"

Youve never answered any of mine!

Indy us your baby. It's up to you to convince no voters, not the other way round.

Who the hell would buy it when they can't put a price on it.

Do you often buy things you don't know the price of?

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Chocolate, beer, cheese and beef to name a few."

I think you'll fin the UK does very well in pharma, in "services" especially banking (which would absolutely dwarf all those things you mention) and in Tourism (which would again absolutely dwarf those you mention)

"

Thank you for at least answering

Now

1. Can you tell me the figures for England and how much the UK debt has increased in the last year ?

2. Right so you are saying Scotland's people are subsidy junkies ? Then care to tell me why Westminster are hell bend on keeping Scotland then ? Why not cut Scotland off if we are all leeches

3. So how much of that is English products ? in % please i already told you Whisky , Gin and Salmon is 50% of the UK total now Scotland gains independence that will be taken away so 50% of UK food and drinks exports goes back home to Scotland how much does England export in % please ? "

1 & 3 you can research yourself if you are that keen to know the facts.

As for answer 2, why do you always twist what people say? I said Scotland is subsidised not that every Scot is a subsidy junkie.

Ayrshire

Whisky and Gin, the majority of which is "foreign" owned. Pernod Ricard and Diageo would like to know what you propose?

And the majority of the salmon industry is Norwegian owned.

Scotkand raised 8% of the UK,s income yet it receives 9.2% of its spending.

We do well out this union, a yes vote would have made us significantly worse off.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"2. Right so you are saying Scotland's people are subsidy junkies ? Then care to tell me why Westminster are hell bend on keeping Scotland then ? Why not cut Scotland off if we are all leeches

"

you are so going to hate this answer.... because we are better equipped to financially cope more smoothly even those Scotland is subsidised under the Barnett Formula...

for examples food and goods travelling north/south and vise verse (all them lorries carrying stuff from the english ports up north so you can do your shopping for example )

its not just goods.... its also the fact people can travel,

I think we are better together in spite of people with your narrow minded view rather than because of!... i would like a federal system like germany to be honest.... we are not that far away from that now, and 95% of the stuff that affects you in scotland is decided by holyrood, not westminster!!!!

Ayrshire

"As for answer 2, why do you always twist what people say? I said Scotland is subsidised not that every Scot is a subsidy junkie."

Because they love to play the victim, oppressed by the evil English colonisers.

It's simply pathetic in this day and age.

The Council of Elrond

"

Youve never answered any of mine!

Indy us your baby. It's up to you to convince no voters, not the other way round.

Who the hell would buy it when they can't put a price on it.

Do you often buy things you don't know the price of? "

Ah right so thats the way it works now you bypass my questions and you think somehow i have to answer yours when you cant be arsed answering mine thats a very unionist thing to do answer a question with a question

Go on have a go at least

Ayrshire

You've been doing it for months.

You've got some answers from other posters, if you don't like them then thats just tough.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

"

you need to keep up with what happens as a lovely place called "the treasury"

since hammond has changed the budget from in effect march to November.... you'll probably find all those types of figures will be done then so all the past numbers for the 16/17 tax year (which were due ending 4th april) would be correct.......

The Council of Elrond

"As for answer 2, why do you always twist what people say? I said Scotland is subsidised not that every Scot is a subsidy junkie.

Because they love to play the victim, oppressed by the evil English colonisers.

It's simply pathetic in this day and age. "

Oh please not that anti English bullshit again. I love my English born family to bits so please none of that crap.

Simple question is Scotland is being subsidised then why not let Scotland go and save money ? Oh wait Westminster need Scotland

here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ? None of the Scotland is too wee and poor crap as Scotland GDP is clearly showing that it is outperforming the rest of the UK by miles and the UK is keeping Scotland dragged down

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

I think you'll fin the UK does very well in pharma, in "services" especially banking (which would absolutely dwarf all those things you mention) and in Tourism (which would again absolutely dwarf those you mention)"

and by the UK... for the purposes of our snp friend... i mean england in this case.....

The Council of Elrond

"You've been doing it for months.

You've got some answers from other posters, if you don't like them then thats just tough. "

Yeah at least i got answers from other posters while you answered with questions tut tut. lol

Ayrshire

Poor you!

Ayrshire

"here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ?"

Because we had a referendum on it and the people of Scotland voted to remain in the union.

I,m surprised you forgot that!

The Council of Elrond

Any of you seen Corbyn today and his Momentum crew ?

Today they are taking shots at Scotrail and the Dutch company that got the deal

No one find it strange that Labour and Momentum moaning about Scotrail and Abellio but fail to tell people the whole truth that the SNP didnt have necessary devolued powers at the time of the Abellio deal

Also Labour were in government 1997-2010 also in Holyrood 1999-2007 yet failed to bring the Railways into public hands why is no one caring about that Labour lying to the people about this ?

Ayrshire

Look there's a squirrel.

The Council of Elrond

""here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ?"

Because we had a referendum on it and the people of Scotland voted to remain in the union.

I,m surprised you forgot that! "

Lol yes Scotland did vote no in 2014 and since then Scotland has voted in this way

2015 - SNP

2016 - SNP

2017 - SNP

Also do you believe every country should be independent or not ? Or is it just Scotland you have the problem with ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Simple question is Scotland is being subsidised then why not let Scotland go and save money ? Oh wait Westminster need Scotland"

it does.... but not in the way you are trying to phrase it.....

so lets take the NHS as an example......

If the NHS is trying to discuss a price for drugs with drug companies... they have much more clout doing it as a single entity than doing it as for example 4 seperate bits.. (NHS England, NHS Scotland, NHS wales and NHS Northern ireland)

this means the NHS can drive a better deal for people... which means they costs are kept down FOR EVERYONE

if they were 4 seperate entities the cost would be larger.... much larger for Scotland for example as rather than going to a company with a base of 70 million, you'd be going with a base of 7....

so even though 1 or 2 bits may be being subsidised, in the grand scheme everyone wins..... yes!!! even you!!!!

"here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ? None of the Scotland is too wee and poor crap as Scotland GDP is clearly showing that it is outperforming the rest of the UK by miles and the UK is keeping Scotland dragged down"

see now you are playing victim and if that was true... the treasury wouldn't be supporting the north sea oil and gas industry as much as it does..... notice you never came back to that discussion, were you shown up for ignorance of what you were actually saying by any chance?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Any of you seen Corbyn today and his Momentum crew ?

No one find it strange that Labour and Momentum moaning about Scotrail and Abellio but fail to tell people the whole truth that the SNP didnt have necessary devolued powers at the time of the Abellio deal

Also Labour were in government 1997-2010 also in Holyrood 1999-2007 yet failed to bring the Railways into public hands why is no one caring about that Labour lying to the people about this ?

"

yes they did... because it was transport scotland who decided on who could bid and who won the bidding process....

for feck sake, get ya facts right!!!

this is a prime example of not having a clue of which you speak... because you would know that this is the 3rd time the Scotrail franchise has been "re-franchised" and this time it was Chosen by the scottish govt!!!

and by scottish government i mean the snp

Ayrshire

I have no opinion on other coutries independence, I do however have an opinion and a vote on my own. I simply could not vote for independence on the basis of the "facts" that were presented to me at the time and subsequent events has shown that to be the correct choice.

I suspect that you are one of those that would vote for it irrespective of the damage it would do to the society that we enjoy at the moment.

Independence transcends all, as Sturgeon said?

The Council of Elrond

"

Simple question is Scotland is being subsidised then why not let Scotland go and save money ? Oh wait Westminster need Scotland

If the NHS is trying to discuss a price for drugs with drug companies... they have much more clout doing it as a single entity than doing it as for example 4 seperate bits.. (NHS England, NHS Scotland, NHS wales and NHS Northern ireland)

this means the NHS can drive a better deal for people... which means they costs are kept down FOR EVERYONE

if they were 4 seperate entities the cost would be larger.... much larger for Scotland for example as rather than going to a company with a base of 70 million, you'd be going with a base of 7....

so even though 1 or 2 bits may be being subsidised, in the grand scheme everyone wins..... yes!!! even you!!!!

here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ? None of the Scotland is too wee and poor crap as Scotland GDP is clearly showing that it is outperforming the rest of the UK by miles and the UK is keeping Scotland dragged down

see now you are playing victim and if that was true... the treasury wouldn't be supporting the north sea oil and gas industry as much as it does..... notice you never came back to that discussion, were you shown up for ignorance of what you were actually saying by any chance? "

So wait you saying Westminster need Scotland because drug companies are not able to deal with the NHS in independent countries ? Lol

Also wee added thing about the NHS the Scottish NHS is meeting 95% of targets and has the best record in the UK all thanks to our Scottish government doing things far better than the Tories lol

No no not playing victim at all am stating fact that Scotland's GDP is way outperforming the rest of the UK not bad eh ?

The Council of Elrond

"Any of you seen Corbyn today and his Momentum crew ?

yes they did... because it was transport scotland who decided on who could bid and who won the bidding process....

for feck sake, get ya facts right!!!

this is a prime example of not having a clue of which you speak... because you would know that this is the 3rd time the Scotrail franchise has been "re-franchised" and this time it was Chosen by the scottish govt!!!

and by scottish government i mean the snp"

No no please with all respect you should get your facts right

Railways is not devolved to Scotland National rail is reveresed to Westminster correct ?

Things like rails and Shipyards would go out to tender and then a bid would be accepted

Dont let Labour off the hook they had a chance to bring the railways back into public hands why didnt they ?

[Removed by poster at 23/08/17 15:04:12]

The Council of Elrond

"I have no opinion on other coutries independence, I do however have an opinion and a vote on my own. I simply could not vote for independence on the basis of the "facts" that were presented to me at the time and subsequent events has shown that to be the correct choice.

I suspect that you are one of those that would vote for it irrespective of the damage it would do to the society that we enjoy at the moment.

Independence transcends all, as Sturgeon said?

"

Oh now this is interesting lol

Fair enough you voted no on how you seen things back in 2014 cool thats your right.

Now that Brexit is coming up soon and see if it is proven to you that Scotland WILL suffer being in a UK brexit would you just say fuck it and suffer it or would you back independence for Scotland ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Railways is not devolved to Scotland National rail is reveresed to Westminster correct ?

Things like rails and Shipyards would go out to tender and then a bid would be accepted

Dont let Labour off the hook they had a chance to bring the railways back into public hands why didnt they ? "

In November 2013, Transport Scotland announced that Abellio, Arriva, FirstGroup, MTR Corporation and National Express had been shortlisted to bid for the new ScotRail franchise

Transport Scotland (Scottish Gaelic: Còmhdhail Alba) was created on 1 January 2006 as the national transport agency of Scotland. It is an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government and accountable to Scottish Ministers.

didn't the SNP win the scottish elections in 2011?

therefor this decision this time round would have been theirs.... and theirs alone!!!

if you want to have a discussion on railways.... don't do it with a former railwayman!

franchises do go out to tender.... but then the government decide who wins, not solely on price but service ect....

so yes... you not know of which you speak

The Council of Elrond

"

Dont let Labour off the hook they had a chance to bring the railways back into public hands why didnt they ?

In November 2013, Transport Scotland announced that Abellio, Arriva, FirstGroup, MTR Corporation and National Express had been shortlisted to bid for the new ScotRail franchise

Transport Scotland (Scottish Gaelic: Còmhdhail Alba) was created on 1 January 2006 as the national transport agency of Scotland. It is an Executive Agency of the Scottish Government and accountable to Scottish Ministers.

didn't the SNP win the scottish elections in 2011?

therefor this decision this time round would have been theirs.... and theirs alone!!!

if you want to have a discussion on railways.... don't do it with a former railwayman!

franchises do go out to tender.... but then the government decide who wins, not solely on price but service ect....

so yes... you not know of which you speak

"

Right i suppose i will try and make this crystal clear as i could have worded it better i suppose

Back when Abellio got the contract the Scottish Government didn't have the power to put in a bid correct ?

Labour are moaning their arses off so why didnt they put the railways into public hands then ? Why are they getting let off the hook ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

see now you are playing victim and if that was true... the treasury wouldn't be supporting the north sea oil and gas industry as much as it does..... notice you never came back to that discussion, were you shown up for ignorance of what you were actually saying by any chance?

So wait you saying Westminster need Scotland because drug companies are not able to deal with the NHS in independent countries ? Lol

Also wee added thing about the NHS the Scottish NHS is meeting 95% of targets and has the best record in the UK all thanks to our Scottish government doing things far better than the Tories lol

No no not playing victim at all am stating fact that Scotland's GDP is way outperforming the rest of the UK not bad eh ? "

thanks for a classic example of not understanding a single word i have said....

the biggest the base... the better chance you have of driving down prices, that helps EVERYONE

its not just the NHS, i was using it as an example that most business run of....

and i am glad that in your words " Scotland's GDP is way outperforming the rest of the UK not bad eh ?"

1) for now..... again pointing out that the UK are still subsudising north sea oil and gas.....

2) if it continues then maybe those who say the Barnett formula should be re-looked at would have more merrit

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Right i suppose i will try and make this crystal clear as i could have worded it better i suppose

Back when Abellio got the contract the Scottish Government didn't have the power to put in a bid correct ?

Labour are moaning their arses off so why didnt they put the railways into public hands then ? Why are they getting let off the hook ?

"

I know you are trying to get your SNP brethren off the hook .... so let me answer this...

they could have rejected all bids IF they wanted to... and then Scotrail would have in effect been run by Transport Scotland....

just because the franchise process is in place, it doesn't mean they have to actually accept one, all it is at the beginning is expressions of interest to run it!

Just like when National Express decided they didn't want East coast anymore, it ended up in effect being run by the DFT....

so just face the fact.... you really don't know what you are talking about... and maybe just for once, bow out gracefully!!!

The Council of Elrond

"

I know you are trying to get your SNP brethren off the hook .... so let me answer this...

they could have rejected all bids IF they wanted to... and then Scotrail would have in effect been run by Transport Scotland....

just because the franchise process is in place, it doesn't mean they have to actually accept one, all it is at the beginning is expressions of interest to run it!

Just like when National Express decided they didn't want East coast anymore, it ended up in effect being run by the DFT....

so just face the fact.... you really don't know what you are talking about... and maybe just for once, bow out gracefully!!!"

No no what am pointing out here is Labour are moaning their arses off at the SNP like they do with everything as its all SNP fault in their eyes lol

So am i correct back then when Abellio got the contract the Scottish Government didn't have the power to put in a bid correct ?

You wanna know the funny think here is Labour moaning about Abellio but if am right did Labour not award Abellio contracts down in England ? LMAO

""here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ?"

I,m surprised you forgot that! "

I think alot of scots are waiting to see how brexit goes and if its a bad deal there will be another indy referendum and im pretty confident the majority will vote yes this time

Ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 23/08/17 15:45:23]

Ayrshire

"Now that Brexit is coming up soon and see if it is proven to you that Scotland WILL suffer being in a UK brexit would you just say fuck it and suffer it or would you back independence for Scotland ?"

One of the consequences of independence was that Scotland would have left a member state, as no EU treaties exist with an independent Scotland, we would no longer have been an EU member.

You didnt give a shit then about the EU so I just laugh at your faux concern now.

Remember the letter from V Reding ,the EU Vice President and European Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship to the Scottish government I posted some time ago that said it?

The one you never responded to.

The Council of Elrond

""Now that Brexit is coming up soon and see if it is proven to you that Scotland WILL suffer being in a UK brexit would you just say fuck it and suffer it or would you back independence for Scotland ?"

One of the consequences of independence was that Scotland would have left a member state, as no EU treaties exist with an independent Scotland, we would no longer have been an EU member.

You didnt give a shit then about the EU so I just laugh at your faux concern now.

Remember the letter from V Reding ,the EU Vice President and European Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship to the Scottish government I posted some time ago that said it?

The one you never responded to."

No no lets keep to my question i asked you so please try and answer it

Now that Brexit is coming up soon and see if it is proven to you that Scotland WILL suffer being in a UK brexit would you just say fuck it and suffer it or would you back independence for Scotland ?

Bold statement to say ''i'' didnt give a shit about the EU ? Really how would you know this ?

I did have have every time you bring that crap up by saying there would have been 2 years of talks if Scotland voted yes to independence and you somehow seem to think you know how those talks about have went now lets deal with the present eh and stop going into the past that unionists want to leave the 2014 independence referendum behind funny way of showing that.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"No no what am pointing out here is Labour are moaning their arses off at the SNP like they do with everything as its all SNP fault in their eyes lol"

well in this case the agreement was wholley done under the direction of the SNP government and Abeillo...... no labour fingerprints on this one at all.... (i bet the next claim from you will be "the civil servants" at transport scotland are in fact labour supporter and they did this deliberately!!!!)

"So am i correct back then when Abellio got the contract the Scottish Government didn't have the power to put in a bid correct ?"

yes, however at the end of the day transport scotland have the right to refuse all bids, and therefore would end up back being under government control..... IF they had wanted to.... Scottish ministers would have the final say!

THEY decided the deal they did with abeillo was better than the service they could provide themselves (whether that is right or wrong)

do you know when corbyn was talking about bringing the railways back under goverment control... the way he would have done it would have been to let the frnachises expire....

this is exactly what would of happened in this case!!!!

"You wanna know the funny think here is Labour moaning about Abellio but if am right did Labour not award Abellio contracts down in England ? LMAO"

each franchise agreement is a completely seperate thing...

i don't know if you even notice things "south of the wall"... but southern trains are having issues at the moment with their staff... and funny enough one of the solutions that has been muted is they accept the same agreement that Abeillo Scotrail have with their staff!!!!! (southern management are the one that said no to this)

The Council of Elrond

"No no what am pointing out here is Labour are moaning their arses off at the SNP like they do with everything as its all SNP fault in their eyes lol

well in this case the agreement was wholley done under the direction of the SNP government and Abeillo...... no labour fingerprints on this one at all.... (i bet the next claim from you will be "the civil servants" at transport scotland are in fact labour supporter and they did this deliberately!!!!)

So am i correct back then when Abellio got the contract the Scottish Government didn't have the power to put in a bid correct ?

yes, however at the end of the day transport scotland have the right to refuse all bids, and therefore would end up back being under government control..... IF they had wanted to.... Scottish ministers would have the final say!

THEY decided the deal they did with abeillo was better than the service they could provide themselves (whether that is right or wrong)

do you know when corbyn was talking about bringing the railways back under goverment control... the way he would have done it would have been to let the frnachises expire....

this is exactly what would of happened in this case!!!!

You wanna know the funny think here is Labour moaning about Abellio but if am right did Labour not award Abellio contracts down in England ? LMAO

each franchise agreement is a completely seperate thing...

i don't know if you even notice things "south of the wall"... but southern trains are having issues at the moment with their staff... and funny enough one of the solutions that has been muted is they accept the same agreement that Abeillo Scotrail have with their staff!!!!! (southern management are the one that said no to this)"

Remember what you said about it doesnt just go with price but also service

Yes you are correct is was under the SNP that Abeillo got the contract and considering Scotrail is at 95% that would be SNP good eh ?

Once again unionists trick people into thinking its all the SNP fault really ?

So when there is rail line problems would that be Network rail that fix that or Scotrail ? Network rail is reversed to Westminster correct ? So any problems on the rails is a Network rail problem correct ?

Ayrshire

That's a bold prediction, a bit like Salmonds oil price being $110 per barrel and it would remain constant.

If leaving the EU is bad for Scotland, leaving the UK would be significantly worse.

We do more trade with the rest of the UK than we do with the EU, If there are any tariffs and taxes on trade as a result of Brexit, Scotland in the EU and out of the UK would make that much damaging to our economy. We and our largest trading group partner would need to abide by those agreements, cant you not see that?

And to think we could just walk in to the EU in two years is naive in the extreme, we have no independent central bank and we would need to comply with the EU, s growth and stability pact which would have an impact on the deficit we could have and the amount of money we could borrow. Both of which would need to be higher as the first few years of independence would be very expensive.

Of course if Brexit is a success, will you turn into a fully fledged unionist?

I don't think so, and I doubt that there is any likely scenario that word turn me into a separatist.

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 23/08/17 16:36:07]

The Council of Elrond

"That's a bold prediction, a bit like Salmonds oil price being $110 per barrel and it would remain constant.

If leaving the EU is bad for Scotland, leaving the UK would be significantly worse.

We do more trade with the rest of the UK than we do with the EU, If there are any tariffs and taxes on trade as a result of Brexit, Scotland in the EU and out of the UK would make that much damaging to our economy. We and our largest trading group partner would need to abide by those agreements, cant you not see that?

And to think we could just walk in to the EU in two years is naive in the extreme, we have no independent central bank and we would need to comply with the EU, s growth and stability pact which would have an impact on the deficit we could have and the amount of money we could borrow. Both of which would need to be higher as the first few years of independence would be very expensive.

Of course if Brexit is a success, will you turn into a fully fledged unionist?

I don't think so, and I doubt that there is any likely scenario that word turn me into a separatist.

"

Not answering my question so here it is again

Here is my answering yours

Not i would never ever become a unionist why because like i had said from day one i believe every single country should be independent.

Now like i said if brexit if proven to you that it will harm Scotland's ecomomy will you say fuck it and suffer it or will you back independence ?

Ayrshire

That remains to be seen, I don't know the impact on Scotland or the UK as a result of Brexit so I can't give you a definitive answer because I, and dare I say you, simply do not have the facts to make that decision.

You might consider that a cop out but then I,m not the one putting forward a hypothetical scenario that may or just as importantly, may not come true.

I thought you might, economics and trade matter not a jot to you, as independence transcends all.

Even if I could make an imaginary scenario that showed an independent Scotland would be worse off, you would still vote for it.

That is nationalist fundamentalism.

That's the difference between you and I right there, you are typical of the blood and soil nationalist that "believes" we must be independent rather than should we be?

And all the consequences and costs that would need to be paid by the poorest in our society as they would indeed be the first to suffer from it.

But hey, independence transcends all!

The Council of Elrond

"That remains to be seen, I don't know the impact on Scotland or the UK as a result of Brexit so I can't give you a definitive answer because I, and dare I say you, simply do not have the facts to make that decision.

You might consider that a cop out but then I,m not the one putting forward a hypothetical scenario that may or just as importantly, may not come true.

I thought you might, economics and trade matter not a jot to you, as independence transcends all.

Even if I could make an imaginary scenario that showed an independent Scotland would be worse off, you would still vote for it.

That is nationalist fundamentalism.

That's the difference between you and I right there, you are typical of the blood and soil nationalist that "believes" we must be independent rather than should we be?

And all the consequences and costs that would need to be paid by the poorest in our society as they would indeed be the first to suffer from it.

But hey, independence transcends all! "

Right lets try it another way if the UK government walk away with NO DEAL for brexit would you think that would be good or bad for the UK ? Do you think its important to retain full membership of the single market ?

Lets just say that brexit would harm the Scottish ecomomy in your opinion would you just go along with it or would you back independence ?

Are you one of those people in that poll that said they would be willing to accept damage happening to the UK just to get brexit ?

No evidence that an independent Scotland would be worse off out of the UK is there ?

The Council of Elrond

Lets also try this

The UK government has been telling us they want to bring back the powers from the EU and make it UK law but not willing to give Scotland any new devolved powers like fishing and farming

Remember 2014 vote no and the UK will keep EU membership how that was all bullshit eh

Now the farmers and Fisherman that voted leave in the EU referendum and prob voted Tory in the UK election are not seeing the Tories tell us that infact the EU countries will still be able to fish in UK waters come brexit

When will you learn never trust the Tories they dont care hell they brought back their councilors in Stirling after suspending them for racist comments where the fuck is Ruth Davidson now as she was happy to call out Trump but when her own councilors are saying racist comments nothing is being said from this so called leader of the Scottish branch

"Today see's the GERS figures once again come out telling us how Scotland is that we’re too small, too subsidised and too stupid to ever be independent.

GERS data is producted for Scotland as part of the UK it does NOT show what an independent Scotland would look like.

GERS figures only show a snapshot of how Scotland fares within the UK and cannot be taken as a guide to how an independent Scotland would do. It is telling that all the Independent countries around us are higher ranked, some significantly (Ireland, Norway, Denmark, Belgium and the netherlands). I wonder what is holding us back eh? Could it be the UK and the trillions of debt lol

Ireland and Iceland near top of the list with their GDP, the same Ireland and Iceland the unionists called basket cases before the referendum LOL

Here is a couple of questions to ponder.. and please do try and answer as i will keep going back till people answer

So the yearly roll-out of unionist math portraying Scotland as subsidy junkie. The UK would sink without Scotland. Brexit means they need Scotland even more but Scotland needs to escape, before it’s too late.

Surely the unionists at Holyrood will give the SNP a big pat on the back for performing miracles, ie, keeping Scotland’s head above water against massive odds. 300+ years of the so called union, has the penny dropped yet that its not doing Scotland any favours, to say the least?

"

Mel Gibson has a lot to answer for

Ayrshire

Reverting to WTO rules would be bad for the UK, it would also be bad for the EU as well. In my opinion, that is unlikely to happen as both parties would take an economic hit that neither want. And if an independent Scotland was in the EU it would also be bad for it too. That's why a compromise deal will be done.

Apart from you, no one actually wants to be worse off.

Again if it did hurt the Scottish economy, leaving the UK would also hurt it significantly more.

As I said, I dont have the information to make a decision like that. You are posting in such simplistic terms, it's much more complicated than that.

Leaving the UK would also damage the Scottish economy, without the facts to estimate which scenario was worse, it's very difficult to make an honest assessment.

I've never took part in any poll so in answer to your question, no.

What I do think is that the decision made in the referendum should be carried out, we are, rightly or wrongly leaving, as that's what the people voted for.

I,d say there is evidence, we currently have a deficit which by remaining in the UK is filled by a fiscal transfer from central government spending, when you can demonstrate how this can be reduced or paid for, then I might take your last paragraph seriously.

The Council of Elrond

"Today see's the GERS figures once again come out telling us how Scotland is that we’re too small, too subsidised and too stupid to ever be independent.

Mel Gibson has a lot to answer for "

Why ? Is it because Braveheart didnt tell with alot of facts in that case yes Mel Gibson does have alot to answer on why he put blue face paint on the Scottish noble's when back in those days that didnt exist lol

Hehe

The Council of Elrond

"Reverting to WTO rules would be bad for the UK, it would also be bad for the EU as well. In my opinion, that is unlikely to happen as both parties would take an economic hit that neither want. And if an independent Scotland was in the EU it would also be bad for it too. That's why a compromise deal will be done.

Apart from you, no one actually wants to be worse off.

Again if it did hurt the Scottish economy, leaving the UK would also hurt it significantly more.

As I said, I dont have the information to make a decision like that. You are posting in such simplistic terms, it's much more complicated than that.

Leaving the UK would also damage the Scottish economy, without the facts to estimate which scenario was worse, it's very difficult to make an honest assessment.

I've never took part in any poll so in answer to your question, no.

What I do think is that the decision made in the referendum should be carried out, we are, rightly or wrongly leaving, as that's what the people voted for.

I,d say there is evidence, we currently have a deficit which by remaining in the UK is filled by a fiscal transfer from central government spending, when you can demonstrate how this can be reduced or paid for, then I might take your last paragraph seriously. "

You said ''Leaving the UK would also damage the Scottish economy''

Do you accept that the Scottish ecomony is outperforming the rest of the UK right now ? Just imagine what it would be like with full control eh and not have Westminster fucking up

Right so if your saying the decision made to leave the EU should be carried out so again if it harms the UK will you still be saying that ? Scotland didnt vote for it and please dont give me the it was a UK vote yes i know this but Scotland is a country in the UK and it DIDNT vote to leave the EU

And like i pointed out above since the Scottish referendum in 2014 this is how Scotland has voted

2015 - SNP

2016 - SNP

2017 - SNP

So the SNP do have a mandate to seek a new independence referendum to allow the Scottish people to either agree to brexit or independence nothing wrong with that is there giving the Scottish voters who did not vote to leave a right to agree on brexit or not

Also Holyrood took a democratic vote and it passed to have a referendum on independence now the SNP are trying to make sure brexit works for Scotland and the UK but if the UK government keep going the way they are then yes an independence referendum will come as it must be allowed or what does that say about democracy that a country that rejects a Tory government gets told be the the Tories they cant have a referendum denying the Scottish people a right to choose it wont look good

Also to deny people the right to change their minds on independence not very wise

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

"

"

Ah, someone has been on WingsoverBath again (or it's a coincidence they've posted about this recently...) . Seriously, do yourself a favour and check out other sources and you won't keep falling into this trap of posting things which are either shown to be nonsense or pretty meaningless.

UK food and drink exports totalled £10.2bn and with Scot. If we take 48% of that as coming from Scotland (it'll actually be a bit less but we'll go with the highest possible figure) then the figure from Scotland would be £4.896bn

To put that into context, the UK exports £40.5bn in mechanical machinery alone. We could include cars at £30.36bn, electrical machinery at £25.35bn etc etc

So the food and drink exports from Scotland are really pretty small when you look at the overall exports from the UK and therein lies the problem when you rely on a website that, deliberately, doesn't put things in context.

glasgow

"

Do you accept that the Scottish ecomony is outperforming the rest of the UK right now ? "

Again you continue with the lies. I posted on your other threads explaining why this was untrue and you failed to respond. Now you're repeating them. Ignorance of the facts is one thing, deliberately lying is another, and is less excusable.

Cambridge

"

Ah, someone has been on WingsoverBath again (or it's a coincidence they've posted about this recently...) . Seriously, do yourself a favour and check out other sources and you won't keep falling into this trap of posting things which are either shown to be nonsense or pretty meaningless.

UK food and drink exports totalled £10.2bn and with Scot. If we take 48% of that as coming from Scotland (it'll actually be a bit less but we'll go with the highest possible figure) then the figure from Scotland would be £4.896bn

To put that into context, the UK exports £40.5bn in mechanical machinery alone. We could include cars at £30.36bn, electrical machinery at £25.35bn etc etc

So the food and drink exports from Scotland are really pretty small when you look at the overall exports from the UK and therein lies the problem when you rely on a website that, deliberately, doesn't put things in context. "

Is this who you are talking about?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/22/wings-over-scotland-blogger-arrested-for-alleged-online-harassment&ved=0ahUKEwjnl8fz8u3VAhWOmLQKHXDwAMsQiJQBCCEwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGl4d6NHeXd8h0rM-f7kuESolHSYg&ampcf=1

The Council of Elrond

"

So the food and drink exports from Scotland are really pretty small when you look at the overall exports from the UK and therein lies the problem when you rely on a website that, deliberately, doesn't put things in context. "

Yes i have been reading Wings over Scotland

Did you notice the unionist media have been trying to shut him up by getting him arrested ?

Now the woman that got him arreseted accused him of harrassment but i dare you to go onto his blog and look at Sept 2016 and you will be able to see who this lady is here is a clue she used to work for the Daily Express and kept on telling us all how Nicola should get slapped down lol

Now if he is so wrong then why is it the unionists and the media and trying hard to shut him up why not just ignore him ?

Fuck i ignore anything that batshit crazy Jill Stephenson says or Brian Spanner i couldnt give a fuck what they say but seems unionists have a right problem what Stu says

The Council of Elrond

"

So the food and drink exports from Scotland are really pretty small when you look at the overall exports from the UK and therein lies the problem when you rely on a website that, deliberately, doesn't put things in context.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/22/wings-over-scotland-blogger-arrested-for-alleged-online-harassment&ved=0ahUKEwjnl8fz8u3VAhWOmLQKHXDwAMsQiJQBCCEwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGl4d6NHeXd8h0rM-f7kuESolHSYg&ampcf=1 "

Well done you got in before me now i dare you to go on and prove that what he says is in anyway abusive ? He has still got everything up and is in the public domain

So it would appear some have placed him as guilty before knowing all the facts eh

So this Lady who worked for the Daily Express is allowed to shout all kinds of abuse and pro indy supporters and tell people Nicola should be slapped down thats ok but when Stu points out her bullshit thats somehow now harrassment

glasgow

Yes, he's a crank who lives in Bath but has a pro-independence website peddling grievances. He raises a fair bit of money through his website so it suits him to continue down that route rather than posting facts or putting things in context. He even has a twitter block list that he offers to website users that blocks out almost all content, including many other pro-indy sites etc, that contradicts his views.

Outwith that he just seems an odious character with transphobic views, horrible views on the Hillsborough disaster etc.

HnS seem to pick up most of their beliefs from that website which is probably why they struggle when they are challenged by people outwith that site.

glasgow

"

Yes i have been reading Wings over Scotland

Did you notice the unionist media have been trying to shut him up by getting him arrested ?

Now the woman that got him arreseted accused him of harrassment but i dare you to go onto his blog and look at Sept 2016 and you will be able to see who this lady is here is a clue she used to work for the Daily Express and kept on telling us all how Nicola should get slapped down lol

Now if he is so wrong then why is it the unionists and the media and trying hard to shut him up why not just ignore him ?

Fuck i ignore anything that batshit crazy Jill Stephenson says or Brian Spanner i couldnt give a fuck what they say but seems unionists have a right problem what Stu says

"

So no comment on the figures I posted that show how little Scottish food and drink is in context of UK exports? You can post on the Wings site about it and see if they give you something you can respond here with

The Council of Elrond

"Yes, he's a crank who lives in Bath but has a pro-independence website peddling grievances. He raises a fair bit of money through his website so it suits him to continue down that route rather than posting facts or putting things in context. He even has a twitter block list that he offers to website users that blocks out almost all content, including many other pro-indy sites etc, that contradicts his views.

Outwith that he just seems an odious character with transphobic views, horrible views on the Hillsborough disaster etc.

HnS seem to pick up most of their beliefs from that website which is probably why they struggle when they are challenged by people outwith that site. "

In your opinion so if he is a crack then why are unionists trying to shut him up by getting him arrested ? Why not ignore him ?

Yes he has a block list erm thats what its there for correct ? Just like here people can block anyone nothing wrong with that.

Cambridge

"

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/aug/22/wings-over-scotland-blogger-arrested-for-alleged-online-harassment&ved=0ahUKEwjnl8fz8u3VAhWOmLQKHXDwAMsQiJQBCCEwAQ&usg=AFQjCNGl4d6NHeXd8h0rM-f7kuESolHSYg&ampcf=1

Well done you got in before me now i dare you to go on and prove that what he says is in anyway abusive ? He has still got everything up and is in the public domain

So it would appear some have placed him as guilty before knowing all the facts eh

So this Lady who worked for the Daily Express is allowed to shout all kinds of abuse and pro indy supporters and tell people Nicola should be slapped down thats ok but when Stu points out her bullshit thats somehow now harrassment

"

How would I be privvy to the communications between him and his accuser?

I haven't acused him of anything or said that he is guilty or innocent (Although you seem to be claiming he is innocent). That is for a court to decide if he is charged and the CPS chose to prosecute him.

I had never heard of him before, and have never looked at his website, I was just asking if that was the person being referred to.

glasgow

"Yes, he's a crank who lives in Bath but has a pro-independence website peddling grievances. He raises a fair bit of money through his website so it suits him to continue down that route rather than posting facts or putting things in context. He even has a twitter block list that he offers to website users that blocks out almost all content, including many other pro-indy sites etc, that contradicts his views.

HnS seem to pick up most of their beliefs from that website which is probably why they struggle when they are challenged by people outwith that site.

In your opinion so if he is a crack then why are unionists trying to shut him up by getting him arrested ? Why not ignore him ?

Yes he has a block list erm thats what its there for correct ? Just like here people can block anyone nothing wrong with that.

"

So one person taking him to court now means 'The Unionists' are trying to get him arrested? Lol pretty sure it's one person.

As for the block list, do you know how many pro-indy people or sites are on it (nevermind anyone outwith that group)? There's loads. He wants his followers only to get information from him and that's why he wants to choose who they are unable to read. He doesn't want people to get alternative viewpoints that will show how muc of a crank he is. It's all very cult like and weird.

The Council of Elrond

So one person taking him to court now means 'The Unionists' are trying to get him arrested? Lol pretty sure it's one person.

As for the block list, do you know how many pro-indy people or sites are on it (nevermind anyone outwith that group)? There's loads. He wants his followers only to get information from him and that's why he wants to choose who they are unable to read. He doesn't want people to get alternative viewpoints that will show how muc of a crank he is. It's all very cult like and weird. "

Well this lady is a well known unionist reporter for the Daily Express or should i say ex LMAO

Also Kezia seems to think he is anti gay for what ? Did you read his comment on twitter on David and Oliver Mundell ? He said David should have embrassed his gay side alot sooner in his life how the fuck does that sound like Stu being anti gay ? Lol

Also yeah some people could take that as him saying if David Mundell had embrassed his gay side Oliver wouldnt be born. So how is that any different to what someone said to Kate Hopkins about her dad using a condom ?

You can tell the unionists are shite feart of him that Kezia has to stand up in a fucking parliament and attack him when he is not even there to defend himself fuck aye i hope Kezia has to pay out alot.

Also yeah he has blocked some yes voters. Are you saying that everyone that believe's in independence has to agree on everything ? Its his right to block who he wishes just like you on here

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 23/08/17 19:36:26]

The Council of Elrond

As for the block list, do you know how many pro-indy people or sites are on it (nevermind anyone outwith that group)? There's loads. He wants his followers only to get information from him and that's why he wants to choose who they are unable to read. He doesn't want people to get alternative viewpoints that will show how muc of a crank he is. It's all very cult like and weird. "

P.S you go on about cult

Then whats your views on the Scottish Tories allowing to restate their councilors in Stirling that showed clear racist comments ?

Where is the greart Ruth Davidson on this matter ? There more and more she doesnt come out from hiding the more it pretty much says the Scottish Tories are a cult of racist bigots. There is the real cult showing their true colours

So these Tories are allowed to get away with telling catholic people they are tarries Who is the realy cult ?

Fuck sake in 2017 this is the shite we have to deal with

Ayrshire

"Do you accept that the Scottish ecomony is outperforming the rest of the UK right now ?"

No, our deficit is three times what the UK,s is. We have had one quarter where it has done well narrowly avoiding a recession, compare it on a longer term basis and you will see that it is not out performing the UK as a whole. One summer does not a summer make.

And let's not imagine what it could do, demonstrate what it would do. I've asked and never get a detailed answer.

Whether Scotland voted for it or not, as the UK is the member, we had to go along with it. Scotland is not a member, neither is England, Northern Ireland, Wales or Gibraltar. You are deluding yourself going down that particular rabbit hole.

If the snp want to do that, an independence or Brexit vote, let them do that. It's their prerogative to seek.

Was it snp policy to block an EU referendum in the first place, stop your bleating about democracy. If it was up to me I,d have one next week, but you would lose and lose badly.

And if the UK learnt anything from the last one it won't be worded in a sympathetic way to the separatists like the last one.

It won't be yes or no.

glasgow

So still no response to those export figures I posted? You posted a question in your initial post on the thread, I responded to it and now you want to completely ignore that and move on to other subjects?

Your threads always follow the same pattern unfortunately and someone has posted similar above with their 'look there's a squirrel' comment. If it's a lack of knowledge on the subject matter I'd suggest researching it a little beforehand, from a source other than Wings, to save any embarrasment. There's a lot of great resources out there (ONS for export statistics for example).

Ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 23/08/17 19:52:47]

The Council of Elrond

""Do you accept that the Scottish ecomony is outperforming the rest of the UK right now ?"

No, our deficit is three times what the UK,s is. We have had one quarter where it has done well narrowly avoiding a recession, compare it on a longer term basis and you will see that it is not out performing the UK as a whole. One summer does not a summer make.

And let's not imagine what it could do, demonstrate what it would do. I've asked and never get a detailed answer.

Whether Scotland voted for it or not, as the UK is the member, we had to go along with it. Scotland is not a member, neither is England, Northern Ireland, Wales or Gibraltar. You are deluding yourself going down that particular rabbit hole.

If the snp want to do that, an independence or Brexit vote, let them do that. It's their prerogative to seek.

Was it snp policy to block an EU referendum in the first place, stop your bleating about democracy. If it was up to me I,d have one next week, but you would lose and lose badly.

And if the UK learnt anything from the last one it won't be worded in a sympathetic way to the separatists like the last one.

It won't be yes or no. "

OMG

Right you just answered by saying no you dont accept the Scottish GDP is outperforming the rest of the UK then you say infact yes is it in the 1st quarter of this year WOW lol make up your mind

So you do agree then the Scottish economy is outperforming the rest of the UK correct ?

Lol ah see i can see through unionists a mile so now its Scotland avoids recession ? Really how about this thanks to Scotland the UK avoids recession better eh ?

Ah now you want to go on what was on the ballot paper in 2014 ? Yes you are correct is was YES or NO on the ballot paper in the Scottish referendum but not find it weird that up popped the extra powers , Devo Max , Home Rule fuck whatever you want to call it we all know extra powers were not on that ballot paper

We had to go along with it ? So the majority vote in Scotland means fuck all for you then ? 62% majority is not to be heard ? Oh and before i hear the what about the 38% leave voters in Scotland. Can you tell me do unionists give a shit about the 45% that want to leave the UK ? How did the UK tackle that problem to win over the 45% ? answer is they didnt they hoped it would be the end of that hahaha

The Council of Elrond

Here is an insteresting question to anyone that supports Labour and Corbyn

So Corbyn is up in Scotland to try and win SNP seats in any future election

So the question is ..How does winning a non Tory held seat instead of a Tory held seat deprive Tories of their majority?

Remember take away the DUP and the Tories have 4 of a majority and their is 13 Scottish Tory mps why oh why would you not be fighting to win those seats meaning the Tories would lose their majority Lol

This is why Labour and the Tories are piss poor

Ayrshire

I said one quarter is not proof that it's out performing in a meaningful way. Long term it's languishing behind and was almost in recession the UK is not. As for your ridiculous comment that Scotland has saved the UK from recession just shows how deluded you really are.

Almost pitiful.

Ayrshire

And what difference did 56/54 snp MP,s do?

Bugger all, but Sunday trading in England and fox hunting in England.

Oh how those Scottish lions roared.

The Council of Elrond

"I said one quarter is not proof that it's out performing in a meaningful way. Long term it's languishing behind and was almost in recession the UK is not. As for your ridiculous comment that Scotland has saved the UK from recession just shows how deluded you really are.

Almost pitiful. "

So again Scotland in the 1st quarter is outperforming the rest of the UK correct ? Hell the BBC even had to say it lol

Scotland is in the UK right so if Scotland avoided recession then that means thanks to Scotland the UK is not in recession

The Council of Elrond

"And what difference did 56/54 snp MP,s do?

Bugger all, but Sunday trading in England and fox hunting in England.

Oh how those Scottish lions roared.

"

Really ?

I will point this out see the SNP mp's they all opposed and voted against the welfare cuts can you say the same about Labour eh ?

Oh and btw you just proved yourself why Westminster doesnt fucking work 600+ English mps that still manage to get a say in what Scotland should get like say in the Scotland bill

But EVEL bans non English mp's from voting in English matters in a Uk fucking parliment go figure eh

What is the Tories gonna do now with their 13 Scottish Tories banned from with EVEL and even the DUP will not be able to vote so how will they be able to pass shit through ? Didnt think of that eh Lmao

Ayrshire

I didn't think it through?

Did your snp MP,s vote against welfare cuts make any difference?

No, it made bugger all difference at all.

And then you go off on a mad tangent as usual.

It's like talking to a flat earther or a scientologist.

#notacult

Ayrshire

"Scotland is in the UK right so if Scotland avoided recession then that means thanks to Scotland the UK is not in recession"

That's possibly the most idiotic post I've seen a separatist write in a while.

The Council of Elrond

"I didn't think it through?

Did your snp MP,s vote against welfare cuts make any difference?

No, it made bugger all difference at all.

And then you go off on a mad tangent as usual.

It's like talking to a flat earther or a scientologist.

#notacult "

Yeah she did and proud of her for voting against the welfare cuts

Yeah can you tell me why it made bugger all difference eh ? Is it because Labour abstained on those cuts yeah shows how much Labour care eh about the disabled people

Am proud enough to say our Scottish Mps voted against those fucking welfare cuts well all accept the Scottish unionist mps

You cant say the same for Labour can you ?

What more did you want the SNP to do ? As they made it well clear in 2015 they would never ever vote with the Tories and would oppose them at every turn so what more did you want them to do eh ?

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"...here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ? "

Scotland was given the vote, and Scotland said NO... what part of that don't you understand?

glasgow

UK GDP is higher than Scotland's and that included the 1st quarter. Scoland's increased by more but it was lower before the 1st quarter and it's still lower after it.

To put it in very simple terms, if A=1 and B=2 and A increases by 10% and B increases by 5% B is still higher.

The Council of Elrond

Fuck me just seen Corbyn say the SNP should mitigate the effects of austerity from Westminster

Thankk fuck these assholes are no where near power in Scotland.

So just keep mitigating the austerity thats being impacted by the policies of a government that we didn't vote for at all.

How about devolve powers to Holyrood real fucking powers to get rid of the likes of the bedroom tax.

Corbyn has fuck all clue about Scotland how about get those blairites to fuck away from Scottish Labour for a start

The Council of Elrond

""...here is a wee question why is it ok for every other country to have independence but not Scotland ? "

Scotland was given the vote, and Scotland said NO... what part of that don't you understand?"

Here we go again right yes Scotland had a vote in 2014 and it was a no vote yes i do know this

But again i will point something out since 2014 this is how Scotland has voted

2015 - SNP

2016 - SNP

2017 - SNP

So yes the SNP have a triple lock mandate to have a referendum on independence

How would you feel if England voted for a party that said they want a referendum on English independence and Scotland were denying you your right to hold one eh ?

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Yes you are correct is was under the SNP that Abeillo got the contract and considering Scotrail is at 95% that would be SNP good eh ?

So when there is rail line problems would that be Network rail that fix that or Scotrail ? Network rail is reversed to Westminster correct ? So any problems on the rails is a Network rail problem correct ?

"

buts thats not what corbyn is talking about!!!!!!!

see.... this is why i know that you have no idea of what you are talking about, because you are just fishing for an excuse to blame other people other than anyone at holyrood.... and knock anything other than the actual subject matter....

yes, network rail is a national infrusture entity... but has always been split into regional parts... of which network rail scotland would working in conjunction with abeillo so that for example improvements and repairs can take place.....

if a problem is infrustructure based... those have NEVER been counted in late train figures so things like points or signal failures ect go against ntework rail, not abeillo.....

for example in scotland.... the border railways, the improvement in highland and west of scotland services, the 3rd edinburgh to glasgow route link.....

and as for the 95% figure.... scotrail have always been high regardless of who run those services... but it has gotten better due to newer trains being used and cassaded down...

also due to the england-scotland sleeper services now not being included because those are no longer part of the scotrail franchise......

The Council of Elrond

"

buts thats not what corbyn is talking about!!!!!!!

see.... this is why i know that you have no idea of what you are talking about, because you are just fishing for an excuse to blame other people other than anyone at holyrood.... and knock anything other than the actual subject matter....

yes, network rail is a national infrusture entity... but has always been split into regional parts... of which network rail scotland would working in conjunction with abeillo so that for example improvements and repairs can take place.....

if a problem is infrustructure based... those have NEVER been counted in late train figures so things like points or signal failures ect go against ntework rail, not abeillo.....

for example in scotland.... the border railways, the improvement in highland and west of scotland services, the 3rd edinburgh to glasgow route link.....

and as for the 95% figure.... scotrail have always been high regardless of who run those services... but it has gotten better due to newer trains being used and cassaded down...

also due to the england-scotland sleeper services now not being included because those are no longer part of the scotrail franchise......"

Ok so whats your views on Scottish Labour putting out a press relase not that long ago and the unionist media printing in their papers that in July 2017 60% of trains were running late. Here is the thing that was all made up bullshit Scottish Labour were caught out lying as it was in the 12months not in one month

So is that now acceptable to lie like that ? Hell all the papers had to correct it all but the Daily Record which guess who writes a damn colum for them yup you guessed it the Scottish Labour branch leader Kezia Dugdale

And to this very date Scottish Labour have not come out and said sorry we got it wrong

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Ok so whats your views on Scottish Labour putting out a press relase not that long ago and the unionist media printing in their papers that in July 2017 60% of trains were running late. Here is the thing that was all made up bullshit Scottish Labour were caught out lying as it was in the 12months not in one month

So is that now acceptable to lie like that ? Hell all the papers had to correct it all but the Daily Record which guess who writes a damn colum for them yup you guessed it the Scottish Labour branch leader Kezia Dugdale

And to this very date Scottish Labour have not come out and said sorry we got it wrong

"

so your concern isn't about the railways... its the fact that anyone had the temerity to attack something the SNP is all over.....

gotcha!!!!! thanks for clearing that up!!!

so come on railway expert, since you brought it up....

do YOU think the SNP should bring the Railways back under government control?

because you really do have no clue of what you are talking about, you just saw headline, but didn't go about looking behind the headlines....

what you "now" see are late figures that are put down to the franchise provider.... the likes of trains breaking down, staff issues, ect ect

so what happens now is that"money" flows dependent on who is liable or a particular incident... abeillo to network rail scotland.. or if it is infrustructure from network rail scotland to abeillo

what happened in the past was that all late trains were totalled down together regardless of who was found at fault for them....

so you are actually comparing apples to oranges.....or trying to and doing it pooly, then digging the hole bigger for yourself because again, you have now idea what you are talking about and since the franchise is now not the same, you are NOT comparing against the same thing anyway!!!!

So please.... Rather than make anymore of an idiot of yourself... just please stop!!!!

The Council of Elrond

"

so your concern isn't about the railways... its the fact that anyone had the temerity to attack something the SNP is all over.....

because you really do have no clue of what you are talking about, you just saw headline, but didn't go about looking behind the headlines....

what you "now" see are late figures that are put down to the franchise provider.... the likes of trains breaking down, staff issues, ect ect

so what happens now is that"money" flows dependent on who is liable or a particular incident... abeillo to network rail scotland.. or if it is infrustructure from network rail scotland to abeillo

what happened in the past was that all late trains were totalled down together regardless of who was found at fault for them....

so you are actually comparing apples to oranges.....or trying to and doing it pooly, then digging the hole bigger for yourself because again, you have now idea what you are talking about and since the franchise is now not the same, you are NOT comparing against the same thing anyway!!!!

So please.... Rather than make anymore of an idiot of yourself... just please stop!!!!

"

No i would love to see the Railways in public hands but cant stand the fact a party thats branch office is moaning their arses off about a Dutch company running Scotrail saying they want it in public hands but when they were in government from 1997 -2010 did nothing to bring it into public hands has fuck all right to moan.

Yes i do think the SNP can bring it into public hands

So whats your views on Scottish Labour branch lying to the people ? Are you saying they didnt lie and didnt put out a press release ? They are known for it and take a wild guess why the hell they are no where near power in Holyrood ?

The Council of Elrond

I can see there is Corbyn fans on here

So in Wales where Labour are the government have not mitgated or reversed these austerity cuts such as the Bedroom tax , Housing benefit cuts for 18 -24 years old and lifted the public sector paycap.

The SNP who are the Scottish government have mitigated them and lifted the pay cap

Yet Corbyn somehow blames the SNP for passing on austerity maybe just maybe Corbyn should stop listening to fannies in the Labour party and actually be a damn leader and tell his party that are in charge of Labour in Wales to get the finger out

Corbyn has no clue on his own party

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I can see there is Corbyn fans on here

So in Wales where Labour are the government have not mitgated or reversed these austerity cuts such as the Bedroom tax , Housing benefit cuts for 18 -24 years old and lifted the public sector paycap.

The SNP who are the Scottish government have mitigated them and lifted the pay cap

Yet Corbyn somehow blames the SNP for passing on austerity maybe just maybe Corbyn should stop listening to fannies in the Labour party and actually be a damn leader and tell his party that are in charge of Labour in Wales to get the finger out

Corbyn has no clue on his own party "

bait and switch again!!!!!!!

i so knew you would come back to bedroom tax..... in fact i did bet with someone in PM that you would........ when i come up to a socttish social i'll be collecting!

so here is a reply that you may or may not like.... actually i know you won't like...

see.... you like to talking about how the reversal of bedroom tax should not come out of scotland's funds.. if the snp really wanted to....

but you do realise that two of the biggest things that are reversals of westminster policy do come out of scotlands grant.... and no one complains about that....

one is free university tuition.... the other is free prescriptions!....

glad you use wales as an example... they decided to reverse westminster policy and it comes out of assembly funds......

so if the SNP administration really.... really wanted to do it, they could just get on with it....

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

No i would love to see the Railways in public hands but cant stand the fact a party thats branch office is moaning their arses off about a Dutch company running Scotrail saying they want it in public hands but when they were in government from 1997 -2010 did nothing to bring it into public hands has fuck all right to moan.

So whats your views on Scottish Labour branch lying to the people ? Are you saying they didnt lie and didnt put out a press release ? They are known for it and take a wild guess why the hell they are no where near power in Holyrood ? "

no.... seriously... once again..... just please stop embarrasing yourself!!!!

you tried to point score on a topic you know nothing about... just like you tried on the gas and oil discussion you started and were called out because you did not know on what you speak and just tried "talking points"

with the railways you know nothing.... it was a "bait and switch" and you got caught out!

The Council of Elrond

bait and switch again!!!!!!!

i so knew you would come back to bedroom tax..... in fact i did bet with someone in PM that you would........ when i come up to a socttish social i'll be collecting!

so here is a reply that you may or may not like.... actually i know you won't like...

see.... you like to talking about how the reversal of bedroom tax should not come out of scotland's funds.. if the snp really wanted to....

but you do realise that two of the biggest things that are reversals of westminster policy do come out of scotlands grant.... and no one complains about that....

one is free university tuition.... the other is free prescriptions!....

glad you use wales as an example... they decided to reverse westminster policy and it comes out of assembly funds......

so if the SNP administration really.... really wanted to do it, they could just get on with it.... "

Who started this post ? Am i now for some reason not allowed to post what i want ?

This is all news today so all am doing is making people see how much shite Labour talk and how much Labour and the Tories are piss poor yet for some fucked up reason people in the UK trust them lol

Knew you would bring up the free prescriptions and free university tuition which SNP did in Scotland

But Labour in Wales still tax the sick and despite Labour in Wales telling people they would scrap tuition fees before the election they have actually raised them tut tut

The Council of Elrond

Lets keep going lol

Labour's record in Westminster under Corbyn, it isnt any better. While the SNP voted against the IP Bill, Labour voted for it while the SNP voted for the Greens PR and Electoral Reform Bill, Labour abstained while the SNP refuse to take part in the House of Lords, Labour are still adding peers while the SNP have a principled opposition to Trident, Labour supports it and while the SNP vote against welfare cuts at every opportunity, Labour abstain on PiP / ESA cuts.

Labour’s manifesto would only have reversed a quarter of the cuts. Whereas the SNP’s manifesto pledges would have reversed/prevented 100% of these billions worth of cuts who is looking out for Scotland sure as hell aint Labour

Such i keep going on why Labour are piss poor and not to be trusted in Scotland or Corbyn

By *issing in actionWoman  over a year ago

Llanelli

"

But Labour in Wales still tax the sick and despite Labour in Wales telling people they would scrap tuition fees before the election they have actually raised them tut tut

"

In the interest of fairness, the Welsh government did raise tuition fees, but only to bring them into line with what universities in England charge so they could afford to be competitive.

I'm not sure in which respect the Welsh government taxes the sick, as taxation isn't a devolved matter in Wales.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Corbyn has no clue on his own party "

The Welsh Labour Party (and believe me, I am no fan) hasn't reversed some of those things because, for all their faults, they can do basic maths, and they know they cant afford it.

The SNP are playing with someone elses money, and rather than try and balance the books, they are going for the popular vote.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"

So whats your views on Scottish Labour branch lying to the people ? Are you saying they didnt lie and didnt put out a press release ? They are known for it and take a wild guess why the hell they are no where near power in Holyrood ?

no.... seriously... once again..... just please stop embarrasing yourself!!!!

you tried to point score on a topic you know nothing about... just like you tried on the gas and oil discussion you started and were called out because you did not know on what you speak and just tried "talking points"

with the railways you know nothing.... it was a "bait and switch" and you got caught out!"

Labour used a very narrow station band and massaged the accepted "delay" minutes to arrive at their conclusions. They were right in what they said but the railway industry does not use that sort of practice to determine "delay" statistics (these can be used to claim season ticket refunds)

Scotrail runs at about 90-91% punctuality.

By *bi_scotlandTV/TS  over a year ago

Glasgow

Absolute train-wreck of an interview on the radio today by Derek McKay (Finance Secretary) about Gers.

First he's caught repeatedly lying that onshore revenues increased at their highest rate since records began and it was repeatedly pointed out this wasn't the case and there have been a few years recently where it increased more.

Second he lies about the UK government forecasting higher oil revenues than the SNP did in their white paper. Again completely untrue.

Finally, the usual waffle about how being independent the government would have different levers to use to manage the economy (although they've pretty much failed to use the other powers they got). When repeatedly asked what financial levers and how would they use them again he couldn't answer and said they were looking into that. So they've been in power for years, been banging on about independence for years and still don't have an answer on how they'd run the economy. Of course the other answer is they do actually know but don't want to tell us (tax increases and large public spending cuts)

All this from a man who runs the countries finances and admits he doesn't know what the Laffer Curve theory is. I despair

The Council of Elrond

The Welsh Labour Party (and believe me, I am no fan) hasn't reversed some of those things because, for all their faults, they can do basic maths, and they know they cant afford it.

The SNP are playing with someone elses money, and rather than try and balance the books, they are going for the popular vote."

Can you not see the double standard in that.

So here we have Corbyn coming up to Scotland telling people the SNP are passing on cuts but in Wales Labour wont mitigate the cuts.

The SNP do mitigate the likes of the bedroom tax and housing benefit i would prefer to see those devolved to have power to scrap them.

Either Corbyn has fuck all clue on how to lead or he is being poorly told how things are done in Scotland and in Wales and the difference of how the Scottish government are doing far better than the Welsh government.

Maybe Corbyn should really go visit Wales and tell his party in Wales get the fucking finger out and mitigate the cuts

and here is another thing Corbyn comes to Scotland to do a tour so i wonder if he will tell people in Scotland why he voted with the Tories to go for a hard brexit knowing full well Scotland voted remain in the EU and single market i bet you the coward wont address that shows you he doesnt care its the union at any cost to these unionists no matter the damage it costs union must be protected at all times

Newcastle and Gateshead

The only double standard is that the scots have more powers devolved to their parliament than the Welsh have to their assembly, so where the Scots have have the power to do something about it, the Welsh don't

So unless the complaint now is you have too much power, will you just stop flapping your gums for the sake of just flapping as you are about as coherent as trump on a good day

Glasgow

"The only double standard is that the scots have more powers devolved to their parliament than the Welsh have to their assembly, so where the Scots have have the power to do something about it, the Welsh don't

So unless the complaint now is you have too much power, will you just stop flapping your gums for the sake of just flapping as you are about as coherent as trump on a good day "

The huge con trick the SNP play on their supporters is pretending to be a left wing party while being nohing of the sort. The whole point of a devolved parliament is being able to make different spending and tax raising choices (otherwise why have those powers?) but the SNP have come out with a line for the gullible among their followers asking "why should we mitigate Westminster austerity?". Of course the answer is, that's the whole reason for having the Scottish parliament, but they're relying on the unquestioning followers to go with that line and they've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Should also add that the Scottish govt's budget is higher than it was pre-austerity and is due to go up again next year so the austerity point doesn't even make any sense other than in terms of benefits.

The Council of Elrond

"The only double standard is that the scots have more powers devolved to their parliament than the Welsh have to their assembly, so where the Scots have have the power to do something about it, the Welsh don't

So unless the complaint now is you have too much power, will you just stop flapping your gums for the sake of just flapping as you are about as coherent as trump on a good day "

Right Fabio question for you do you think Scotland has Home Rule ? That was a promise to Scotland in 2014 so do you think Home Rule has been delivered ?

Money is not devolved to Scotland correct ? Lets take the NHS for example yes its devolved that SNP can decide where the money goes in the NHS but that is with the money given to Scotland in a set budget. But money is not devolved where any money raised in Scotland stays in Scotland and you know this fine well.

The Scottish NHS has the best damn record in the UK just think of what can be done if money is devolved to Scotland so that any money raised in Scotland does NOT go to Westminister.

Am fucking sure as hell people in Scotland do NOT want to fund a fucking useless weapon that could wipe out Scotland's biggest city

The Council of Elrond

So unless the complaint now is you have too much power, will you just stop flapping your gums for the sake of just flapping as you are about as coherent as trump on a good day

The huge con trick the SNP play on their supporters is pretending to be a left wing party while being nohing of the sort. The whole point of a devolved parliament is being able to make different spending and tax raising choices (otherwise why have those powers?) but the SNP have come out with a line for the gullible among their followers asking "why should we mitigate Westminster austerity?". Of course the answer is, that's the whole reason for having the Scottish parliament, but they're relying on the unquestioning followers to go with that line and they've fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Should also add that the Scottish govt's budget is higher than it was pre-austerity and is due to go up again next year so the austerity point doesn't even make any sense other than in terms of benefits."

So are you another one then thats wants to mitigate austerity when Scotland didnt vote for the party thats forcing these cuts ie the Tories ?

Why the hell would you not want the likes of the bedroom tax devolved to Scotland to have the power to scrap it ? Unless you love the bedroom tax ?

Glasgow

"

So are you another one then thats wants to mitigate austerity when Scotland didnt vote for the party thats forcing these cuts ie the Tories ?

Why the hell would you not want the likes of the bedroom tax devolved to Scotland to have the power to scrap it ? Unless you love the bedroom tax ? "

The bedroom tax has essentially been scrapped in Scotland as the decision has been made to use Discretionary Housing Benefit to cover any shortfall.

Can you give me a list of all the 'austerity' you talk about? As I said most of it applies to benefits, but outwith that, what are you talking about? I'm not sure you know yourself. If you give me the details I'll go and check the finances for you.

The Council of Elrond

"

Why the hell would you not want the likes of the bedroom tax devolved to Scotland to have the power to scrap it ? Unless you love the bedroom tax ?

The bedroom tax has essentially been scrapped in Scotland as the decision has been made to use Discretionary Housing Benefit to cover any shortfall.

Can you give me a list of all the 'austerity' you talk about? As I said most of it applies to benefits, but outwith that, what are you talking about? I'm not sure you know yourself. If you give me the details I'll go and check the finances for you."

No it has not been scrapped the Scottish government are mitigating the bedroom tax here in Scotland. So your ok with mitigating the bedroom tax ? Would you not rather it fully devolved to Scotland to scrap it fully ?

Tell me this if the SNP were not in government in Scotland and someone else was would you be still be happy with mitigating it or would you rather it be devolved ?

Glasgow

"

Can you give me a list of all the 'austerity' you talk about? As I said most of it applies to benefits, but outwith that, what are you talking about? I'm not sure you know yourself. If you give me the details I'll go and check the finances for you.

No it has not been scrapped the Scottish government are mitigating the bedroom tax here in Scotland. So your ok with mitigating the bedroom tax ? Would you not rather it fully devolved to Scotland to scrap it fully ?

Tell me this if the SNP were not in government in Scotland and someone else was would you be still be happy with mitigating it or would you rather it be devolved ?

"

If you apply for Discretionary Housing Benefit you don't pay any bedroom tax so in that sense it has been scrapped. Okay you have to sign a bit of paper to apply for it but that's not a huge effort.

Now about all this austerity you talk about. Other than benefits what are you referring to?

The Council of Elrond

"

If you apply for Discretionary Housing Benefit you don't pay any bedroom tax so in that sense it has been scrapped. Okay you have to sign a bit of paper to apply for it but that's not a huge effort.

Now about all this austerity you talk about. Other than benefits what are you referring to?"

Ah so your trying to twist it to make it look like its scrapped but you know fine well it has not been scrapped our government in Scotland is mitigating the bedroom tax correct ? So i ask again would you not rather it fully devolved to Scotland we our government have the power to get the bedroom tax scrapped ? Our you happy for our government to pay money yes money that could go on other things ?

So thats SNP good eh ? That they are mitigating the bedroom tax ? my opinon i would rather see it full devolved

Glasgow

"

Now about all this austerity you talk about. Other than benefits what are you referring to?

Ah so your trying to twist it to make it look like its scrapped but you know fine well it has not been scrapped our government in Scotland is mitigating the bedroom tax correct ? So i ask again would you not rather it fully devolved to Scotland we our government have the power to get the bedroom tax scrapped ? Our you happy for our government to pay money yes money that could go on other things ?

So thats SNP good eh ? That they are mitigating the bedroom tax ? my opinon i would rather see it full devolved

"

So all this banging on about austerity and you still can't provide examples? You're like a child trying to have a serious discussion with grown ups, it's embarrasing how badly your lack of knowledge on the subjects you bang on about are. I'm assuming you're not in employment so there's plenty of opportunity to take the time to learn about these things.

The Council of Elrond

"

So all this banging on about austerity and you still can't provide examples? You're like a child trying to have a serious discussion with grown ups, it's embarrasing how badly your lack of knowledge on the subjects you bang on about are. I'm assuming you're not in employment so there's plenty of opportunity to take the time to learn about these things."

Your claiming the bedroom tax has been scrapped here in Scotland but you know fine well it has NOT been scrapped its being mitigated correct ?

Ok you want an example here is a good one and you should remember this one as Better Together claimed it was safe in the UK

Pensions remember that ? So is pensions till going to be safe in the UK ? Or is that facing cuts

Do you not feel angry at the UK government for not projecting pensions after all the promise was made in 2014 correct ?

Glasgow

"

So all this banging on about austerity and you still can't provide examples? You're like a child trying to have a serious discussion with grown ups, it's embarrasing how badly your lack of knowledge on the subjects you bang on about are. I'm assuming you're not in employment so there's plenty of opportunity to take the time to learn about these things.

Your claiming the bedroom tax has been scrapped here in Scotland but you know fine well it has NOT been scrapped its being mitigated correct ?

Ok you want an example here is a good one and you should remember this one as Better Together claimed it was safe in the UK

Pensions remember that ? So is pensions till going to be safe in the UK ? Or is that facing cuts

Do you not feel angry at the UK government for not projecting pensions after all the promise was made in 2014 correct ? "

What is it they say about those who resort to pedantry? For all intents and purposes the bedroom tax has been scrapped.

As for pensions, of course they're safe. Hopefully the triple lock will be scrapped though. Pensioners income increased by 22.2% between 2010 - 2016 whereas earnings went up 7.6%. That's unsustainable, even the IFS say so.

It hasn't been cut and it won't be cut. The only discussion is over how much it should increase each year. Funnily enough though the plan was to cut pensions post indy if oil prices crashed according to Swinney's report at the time.

Glasgow

P.S. Still not got those examples of austerity?

The Council of Elrond

"

Do you not feel angry at the UK government for not projecting pensions after all the promise was made in 2014 correct ?

What is it they say about those who resort to pedantry? For all intents and purposes the bedroom tax has been scrapped.

As for pensions, of course they're safe. Hopefully the triple lock will be scrapped though. Pensioners income increased by 22.2% between 2010 - 2016 whereas earnings went up 7.6%. That's unsustainable, even the IFS say so.

It hasn't been cut and it won't be cut. The only discussion is over how much it should increase each year. Funnily enough though the plan was to cut pensions post indy if oil prices crashed according to Swinney's report at the time."

Not its not been scrapped

are you honestly trying to say mitigating something now = scrapped it fully ? Wow

You know fine well it can only be scrapped in full by fully devolving it to Holyrood correct ?

Ah right so boldly now claiming pensions are safe in the UK ? So are pensions being ringfenced after 2020 ?

Can i ask you something why dont you want the bedroom tax to be fully devolved to Scotland ? Remember my question if the SNP were not in government and someone else was would you still be saying the same thing or would you be calling for whoever is in government to get it devolved and to scrap it altogether ?

Also do you agree on the moratorium on fracking in Scotland ? Or would you want that fully devolved to Scotland ? So our government have that power to scrap it ?

Lets not forget back in Jan 2015 Labour had a chance to vote to have a UK wide moratorium but didnt Jim heed the baw Murphy thought it was more important to be in Aberdeen heeding a baw

Glasgow

"

It hasn't been cut and it won't be cut. The only discussion is over how much it should increase each year. Funnily enough though the plan was to cut pensions post indy if oil prices crashed according to Swinney's report at the time.

are you honestly trying to say mitigating something now = scrapped it fully ? Wow

You know fine well it can only be scrapped in full by fully devolving it to Holyrood correct ?

Ah right so boldly now claiming pensions are safe in the UK ? So are pensions being ringfenced after 2020 ?

Can i ask you something why dont you want the bedroom tax to be fully devolved to Scotland ? Remember my question if the SNP were not in government and someone else was would you still be saying the same thing or would you be calling for whoever is in government to get it devolved and to scrap it altogether ?

Also do you agree on the moratorium on fracking in Scotland ? Or would you want that fully devolved to Scotland ? So our government have that power to scrap it ?

Lets not forget back in Jan 2015 Labour had a chance to vote to have a UK wide moratorium but didnt Jim heed the baw Murphy thought it was more important to be in Aberdeen heeding a baw"

What do you mean by "So are pensions being ringfenced after 2020 ? "

Do you even know what you mean by it or have you read it somewhere?

The Council of Elrond

"

Lets not forget back in Jan 2015 Labour had a chance to vote to have a UK wide moratorium but didnt Jim heed the baw Murphy thought it was more important to be in Aberdeen heeding a baw

Do you even know what you mean by it or have you read it somewhere?"

Its a simple yes or no answer ?

So do you think mitigating something = fully scrapping it ?

Glasgow

"

"

Bedroom tax has effectively been scrapped

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13158670.Bedroom_tax_could_effectively_be_scrapped_in_Scotland_as_Holyrood_is_given_new_powers/

You asked a question about pensions that I'm looking to answer but I'm asking what you mean by pensions being ring-fenced? I can't answer if the question doesn't make sense.

The Council of Elrond

"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13158670.Bedroom_tax_could_effectively_be_scrapped_in_Scotland_as_Holyrood_is_given_new_powers/

You asked a question about pensions that I'm looking to answer but I'm asking what you mean by pensions being ring-fenced? I can't answer if the question doesn't make sense."

Sorry i dont read shite i would rather use that to wipe my arse lol

Not true are you honestly saying you think the bedroom tax have been FULLY scrapped in Scotland ?

You honestly believe mitigating something = FULLY scrapping it ? You you not say having it devolved would mean getting it scrapped altogether ?

if the SNP were not in government and someone else was would you still be saying the same thing or would you be calling for whoever is in government to get it devolved and to scrap it altogether ?

glasgow

"

You asked a question about pensions that I'm looking to answer but I'm asking what you mean by pensions being ring-fenced? I can't answer if the question doesn't make sense."

You're wasting your time here. He just keeps changing the subject when he can't answer questions, even the ones he's posed himself. I've just realised that's why very few folk respond on their threads.

The Council of Elrond

"

You asked a question about pensions that I'm looking to answer but I'm asking what you mean by pensions being ring-fenced? I can't answer if the question doesn't make sense.

You're wasting your time here. He just keeps changing the subject when he can't answer questions, even the ones he's posed himself. I've just realised that's why very few folk respond on their threads."

I think pot and kettle spring to mind lol

Have a swatch above and do you think my question on fracking has been answered ?

So why do you people think i have to answer them but they wont answer mine ?

Last time i checked this was a thread i posted am i now not allowed to post what i want to put up ?

Take this one ..

The much loved Ruth Davidson that unionists think is the god to them

Has defended bringing back in Tory councilors that were suspended for said racist and bigoted comments

Now the part time Tory mp thinks if he was PM he would be alot harder on Gypsies yup the true colours of the Tories are coming through for all to see

Ayrshire

Great answer on the austerity examples.

Glasgow

"Great answer on the austerity examples. "

Unfortunately if you're only able to parrot comments you've seen elsewhere, without any understanding of the subject, then it leads to what we're seeing here. Discussion is pointless.

Ayrshire

It was heavy on the ironic.

But thanks all the same.

Glasgow

"It was heavy on the ironic.

But thanks all the same. "

I know, I was referring to the OP, not you

Ayrshire

Oh, I've bought apples of that particular cart before.

I know what he's like.

"Oh god, she's on her soap box again. "

I don't bother getting into it any more. This is the problem we have in Scotland just now, has been for ages. A small blinkered tunnel-visioned deluded minority just will not shut the fuck up about independence.

Of course the OP will never agree, will always present the 'evidence' that fits their dream. And denounce the facts that don't. So round and round and round it goes. No more arguing from me. I commend the OP's passion though I disagree with their rhetoric. There is no point trying to change their minds, this has been demonstrated through many many many threads! And they will not change mine, not as things stand at the moment. But now I will ignore all their future threads and save my opinion for referendum day. If it ever comes (I highly doubt it will, not for a long long time anyway!).

Maybe I should continue to engage, shouldn't be beaten down. But that's the point I am at. Heartily sick of the whole damn thing. Along with it seems, the majority of my country.

"

You're wasting your time here. He just keeps changing the subject when he can't answer questions, even the ones he's posed himself. I've just realised that's why very few folk respond on their threads."

Pretty much sums up the entire Independence movement and why the majority pf Scotland is sick of it. Over and out...

The Council of Elrond

"Oh god, she's on her soap box again.

I don't bother getting into it any more. This is the problem we have in Scotland just now, has been for ages. A small blinkered tunnel-visioned deluded minority just will not shut the fuck up about independence.

Of course the OP will never agree, will always present the 'evidence' that fits their dream. And denounce the facts that don't. So round and round and round it goes. No more arguing from me. I commend the OP's passion though I disagree with their rhetoric. There is no point trying to change their minds, this has been demonstrated through many many many threads! And they will not change mine, not as things stand at the moment. But now I will ignore all their future threads and save my opinion for referendum day. If it ever comes (I highly doubt it will, not for a long long time anyway!).

Maybe I should continue to engage, shouldn't be beaten down. But that's the point I am at. Heartily sick of the whole damn thing. Along with it seems, the majority of my country. "

I have a question for you

Can you tell me why people that believe in independence for Scotland should ''shut the fuck up about independence? ''

You believe in the UK union good thats all great

Please engage no one is saying you wouldnt. This a swinging site that is suppose to be fun and there just so happens to be a politics forum on here . I will never ever fall out with anyone on here because you believe in the UK union and i dont thats petty.

The Council of Elrond

So does anyone else seem to think the bedroom tax has been FULLY scrapped in Scotland ?

Or has it been mitigated by the Scottish government ? Would you not rather see t devolved to FULLY scrap it ?

Ayrshire

I,m pretty sure that under the Scotland act 2016 they are, Discretionary Housing Payments are being devolved. Additional help for those in receipt of Housing Benefit and having difficulty meeting their rent payments. Paid at the discretion of the Local Authority, this was supposed to be devolved in April this year.

"Oh god, she's on her soap box again.

Maybe I should continue to engage, shouldn't be beaten down. But that's the point I am at. Heartily sick of the whole damn thing. Along with it seems, the majority of my country. "

Why would anyone who supports independence shut the fuck up ?you see its comments like that that will keep ppl like myself fighting to get ourselves out of this unionist bigoted anti catholic union ,ruth davidson has a lot to answer for the way she has encouraged ppl to turn political veiws into religious ones and i for one will always fight against that

Glasgow

"

Why would anyone who supports independence shut the fuck up ?you see its comments like that that will keep ppl like myself fighting to get ourselves out of this unionist bigoted anti catholic union ,ruth davidson has a lot to answer for the way she has encouraged ppl to turn political veiws into religious ones and i for one will always fight against that "

Oh dear, here we go with religion being brought into it. Let me guess, you're a football fan and you politics are defined by the team you support?

All very tedious.

"

Why would anyone who supports independence shut the fuck up ?you see its comments like that that will keep ppl like myself fighting to get ourselves out of this unionist bigoted anti catholic union ,ruth davidson has a lot to answer for the way she has encouraged ppl to turn political veiws into religious ones and i for one will always fight against that

Oh dear, here we go with religion being brought into it. Let me guess, you're a football fan and you politics are defined by the team you support?

All very tedious."

What has football got to do with it ? If anyone in scotland doesnt think religion has been brought into politics in scotland they are living in another planet

glasgow

"

What has football got to do with it ? If anyone in scotland doesnt think religion has been brought into politics in scotland they are living in another planet "

What religion are the politicians? I have no idea. What is Sturgeon? Swinney? Dolman? Etc?

To bring religion into politics on this forum is a long dark alley best avoided.

Mel Gibson has a lot to answer for

Why ? Is it because Braveheart didnt tell with alot of facts in that case yes Mel Gibson does have alot to answer on why he put blue face paint on the Scottish noble's when back in those days that didnt exist lol

Hehe "

Aye.. A few, but the one where before he fucks the french princess and hes standing naked with tbat arsehole look in his eyes, fuckin ludicrous

And the battle ofStirling bridge, the whole reason the english lost was the attempted ctossing of it yet no bridge in the film, just wading over the river is fooking grating! Grr lol

The Council of Elrond

This is why people in Scotland do not vote Labour

So Scottish Labour branch office leader Kezia Dugdale says this ''Great to see steel coming out the furnace at Liberty Clydebridge - real potential to grow industry''

Now if you all recall back in 2014 the Better Together camp that Kezia was part of claimed vote no and Steel works will be safe in the UK

Then we find out Steel works was not safe in the UK

Thanks to the SNP they found a buyer for Steel Works to make sure it was safe here in Scotland.

Now no one find it strange that Kezia would not tell the truth and say thanks to the SNP there is still steel works in Scotland

But no no Kezia and the Scottish Labour branch are trying to make it look like that saved it LMAO

Also the unionist media are lying as Scottish Labour branch didnt want the new Forth road bridge build i believe back then they called it a vanity project

What this shows you is stop believing what the unionist media and branch offices are telling you and do your research or be lied and took for a bloody mug

Ayrshire

You're kind of contradicting yourself.

A no vote meant Scotland stayed in the UK.

So a buyer was found and we are still in the UK.

Being part of the UK was the reason they decided to buy them, Mr Sanjeev Gupta, Liberty House’s executive chairman has vowed to build a profitable steel business in the UK, he added that he plans to increase his UK workforce from 1,500 to as much as 5,000.

Notice how he mentions the UK?

Its obvious that they decided to invest because we are part of the UK, not despite of it.

The only lie here, is yours.

The Council of Elrond

"You're kind of contradicting yourself.

A no vote meant Scotland stayed in the UK.

So a buyer was found and we are still in the UK.

Being part of the UK was the reason they decided to buy them, Mr Sanjeev Gupta, Liberty House’s executive chairman has vowed to build a profitable steel business in the UK, he added that he plans to increase his UK workforce from 1,500 to as much as 5,000.

Notice how he mentions the UK?

Its obvious that they decided to invest because we are part of the UK, not despite of it.

The only lie here, is yours. "

Which party made sure Steel works were safe in Scotland eh ? I bet it must be really hard to say it was the SNP eh ? So that would be SNP good

Did the Better Together camp say that if people voted no steel works would be safe in the UK ? Yes or No ?

Before a buyer was found were Steel works safe in the UK as promised ? YES or NO ?

Be honest now. Go on now would be nice to see unionists actually tell the truth and blame the Tories for damn once. Wouldnt shock me though that you would probably defend them and let steel works go down the drain.

Name one promised that has been kept from the Better Together camp in 2014 ?

The Council of Elrond

Plus any of you seen that lastest pish from Corbyn ? He either knows he is lying to people or just does not have a clue on how Scotland works

So Corbyn thinks its impossible to have separate Brexit plans

Strange , strange man that he is the so called leader of the Labour party and he doesnt know Scotland has a separate legal system already lol

Ever get the feeling he comes to Scotland and Kezia and co feed him alot of shite on how bad Scotland is

But hey thats a pro hardcore unionist thing to do is talk Scotland down

To prove it can any unionist answer this.. 10 years of SNP government in Scotland can you name good things that the SNP have done ? Remember good things to say there is none will prove my point on how much you love talking Scotland down.

Ayrshire

"Did the Better Together camp say that if people voted no steel works would be safe in the UK ? Yes or No ?"

And we stayed in the UK, didn't we?

And it was because of that fact that the new owners decided to buy the plants. As I demonstrated earlier.

You got caught out again and swiftly moved on to another subject.

How many wrong trees have you barked at on this thread alone?

I've lost count.

I don't know why anyone bothers replying to the OP because you are all completely wrong about everything thing and they are completely right

FREEDOM! !!!!!

The Council of Elrond

You are correct no one needs to reply to me thats their choice.

Now shall we get back to how corrupt the UK union and the unionist parties is lol

This is what Jeremy Corbyn said '' “I want to see a Labour government in Westminster to be able to fund Scotland the way it should be funded and empower housing associations and local authorities to improve their housing stock''

Strange...what does ‘fund Scotland the way it should be funded’ eh ? Does Jeremy Corbyn think Scotland is underfunded?

Also remember Scottish Labour branch office is suppose to be autonomous thats what they were telling people that Kezia and Corbyn signed this document to say Scottish Labour branch were autonomous yet none of us saw this document to see if it is 100% legal and not made up bullshit.

So we have Kezia go on live radiolast week and saying that Corbyn is very open to devolving immigration and employment law

On Sunday Corbyn said no to that so it would appear the Scottish Labour party is 100% a mere branch office and the Scottish Labour branch is not autonomous. But hey you buy into the shite if you want.

Also like i said above what unionists clear do NOT want to talk about is Corbyn claim that it is impossible to have separate brexit plans does that fanny not see Scotland already has its own legal system.

Corbyn has fuck all clue about Scotland fact

Kinky keep up this trolling !!!....Your making such a good case for an increase in the education budget....xx

» Add a new message to this topic