FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > The chilling brexit effect

The chilling brexit effect

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We are already starting to see some of the effects, over 80,0000 eu citizens are returning back home from skilled key areas, the pound is devalued and not worth as much, britain havent left yet, imagine what will happen when they do, what is your view?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think most of them have gone because financially with the pound it's probably not worth it to them anymore.

Lots will go, lots will stay, some new ones will come in... Its just the way it is.

Some will probably linger around forever claiming to go but never actually go

"We are already starting to see some of the effects, over 80,0000 eu citizens are returning back home from skilled key areas, the pound is devalued and not worth as much, britain havent left yet, imagine what will happen when they do, what is your view? "
for a long time, employers in the UK have crapped on British citizens by getting cheap labour from abroad.. Now theyre getting their just desserts

"We are already starting to see some of the effects, over 80,0000 eu citizens are returning back home from skilled key areas, the pound is devalued and not worth as much, britain havent left yet, imagine what will happen when they do, what is your view? "
If we can add a zero to that figure the brexiters will finally be happy.Some i guess would only be happy if 2 zeros are added.

How about you shag are you fucking off back to where you came from..I hope not

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

What is so wrong with them returning home then I though the uk wasn't very tolerable now and you said there's better places to live than the uk it's not racist to think there's to many coming to fast for the uk to cope I'm sure there is leavers who are racist just like there will be remainers who are also racist

"We are already starting to see some of the effects, over 80,0000 eu citizens are returning back home from skilled key areas, the pound is devalued and not worth as much, britain havent left yet, imagine what will happen when they do, what is your view? If we can add a zero to that figure the brexiters will finally be happy.Some i guess would only be happy if 2 zeros are added.

How about you shag are you fucking off back to where you came from..I hope not "

Yes they would lol, no I dont, but I am moving to spain soon, it is about to see the early warning signs, like in ww2, sink or swim.

"What is so wrong with them returning home then I though the uk wasn't very tolerable now and you said there's better places to live than the uk it's not racist to think there's to many coming to fast for the uk to cope I'm sure there is leavers who are racist just like there will be remainers who are also racist "
I'm curious what is a good number of people leaving.We have 65 million people today.Under 60 million a good number. ?

thornaby

WW2 very dramatic so u comparing the British to the nazis now lol

"WW2 very dramatic so u comparing the British to the nazis now lol"
No I dont, it is hypothetical you know, when a situation changes lol.

thornaby

[Removed by poster at 26/08/17 19:47:01]

"We are already starting to see some of the effects, over 80,0000 eu citizens are returning back home from skilled key areas, the pound is devalued and not worth as much, britain havent left yet, imagine what will happen when they do, what is your view? for a long time, employers in the UK have crapped on British citizens by getting cheap labour from abroad.. Now theyre getting their just desserts "

No they will still crap on employees with zero hours contracts...the thing is in the past UK people wouldnt do these jobs....they might just find now they HAVE to do them

"WW2 very dramatic so u comparing the British to the nazis now lol"

Not very bright are you ?

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Who knows what will happen with the pound,there are worldwide factors involved,the world does not revolve around brexit.

thornaby

"WW2 very dramatic so u comparing the British to the nazis now lol

Not very bright are you ? "

. Lol on the end was a joke ya tool get a grip it's a bit of crack with shag wtf

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

[Removed by poster at 26/08/17 22:25:47]

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"Who knows what will happen with the pound,there are worldwide factors involved,the world does not revolve around brexit.

"

Actually for the next 10 years you may find it will xxx unless you were to move the lives of UK residents will certainly revolve quite giddy around exit x

Not very bright are you ? . Lol on the end was a joke ya tool get a grip it's a bit of crack with shag wtf "

Apologises xxx

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Who knows what will happen with the pound,there are worldwide factors involved,the world does not revolve around brexit.

Actually for the next 10 years you may find it will xxx unless you were to move the lives of UK residents will certainly revolve quite giddy around exit x"

To a point I do agree but not as much as many think,we will allways be part of Europe in or out

Not very bright are you ? . Lol on the end was a joke ya tool get a grip it's a bit of crack with shag wtf "

Yes, bit of fun there it was lol.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

"What is so wrong with them returning home then I though the uk wasn't very tolerable now and you said there's better places to live than the uk it's not racist to think there's to many coming to fast for the uk to cope I'm sure there is leavers who are racist just like there will be remainers who are also racist "

Do you still think that even though it was shown this week that the figures were wrong by nearly 100,000 people per year, and a lot less are here than previously thought?

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"We are already starting to see some of the effects, over 80,0000 eu citizens are returning back home from skilled key areas, the pound is devalued and not worth as much, britain havent left yet, imagine what will happen when they do, what is your view? for a long time, employers in the UK have crapped on British citizens by getting cheap labour from abroad.. Now theyre getting their just desserts

No they will still crap on employees with zero hours contracts...the thing is in the past UK people wouldnt do these jobs....they might just find now they HAVE to do them "

I think it's far more likely that British people will continue to reduce to do those sort of jobs at those sorts of rates of pay. We'll still have immigrants doing the work but instead of coming from Europe they'll be committed from India, Africa and South America. The only real difference will be that, unlike the ones from Europe who mostly come over here, work and then go home; the ones from India, Africa and South America will come over here, work and then want to stay.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"We are already starting to see some of the effects, over 80,0000 eu citizens are returning back home from skilled key areas, the pound is devalued and not worth as much, britain havent left yet, imagine what will happen when they do, what is your view? for a long time, employers in the UK have crapped on British citizens by getting cheap labour from abroad.. Now theyre getting their just desserts

No they will still crap on employees with zero hours contracts...the thing is in the past UK people wouldnt do these jobs....they might just find now they HAVE to do them

I think it's far more likely that British people will continue to refuse to do those sort of jobs at those sorts of rates of pay. We'll still have immigrants doing the work but instead of coming from Europe they'll be coming from India, Africa and South America. The only real difference will be that, unlike the ones from Europe who mostly come over here, work and then go home; the ones from India, Africa and South America will come over here, work and then want to stay."

Bloody auto correct.

reduce - refuse

committed - coming

Who said the 80,000 ( if that figure is true as lately the in/out figures have been shown to be little more than bad guesses).... are "skilled" workers. I've not seen any kind of breakdown on the figures.

I think it's far more likely that British people will continue to refuse to do those sort of jobs at those sorts of rates of pay. We'll still have immigrants doing the work but instead of coming from Europe they'll be coming from India, Africa and South America. The only real difference will be that, unlike the ones from Europe who mostly come over here, work and then go home; the ones from India, Africa and South America will come over here, work and then want to stay.

Bloody auto correct.

reduce - refuse

committed - coming

"

this is exactly what is happening in the industry, care work, that im in. Previously we had a lot of young eastern europeans, happy to house share as you do in your 20's..here for a limited time to make some money, very few having any intention to stay. Over the last 6 months the applications from eastern europeans has dropped dramatically. they'd be stupid to come here when they would have better wages and more security in say,germany. The problem now is getting staff. I live in an expensive area, so quite honestly its pretty impossible to do this kind of work and be able to afford to live nearby. i do wonder that all the people voting for it didn't consider the hit to the NHS, care workers etc. Unless these brexit voters are now prepared to stump up far far more in their council tax, and NI, i have no idea who they imagine is going to fill these jobs. As the above poster said, it will mean they will just have to be replaced by non-europeans..so their desperate attempt to rid the country of immigrants will have been pointless anyway.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

"....

this is exactly what is happening in the industry, care work, that im in. Previously we had a lot of young eastern europeans, happy to house share as you do in your 20's..here for a limited time to make some money, very few having any intention to stay. Over the last 6 months the applications from eastern europeans has dropped dramatically. they'd be stupid to come here when they would have better wages and more security in say,germany. The problem now is getting staff. I live in an expensive area, so quite honestly its pretty impossible to do this kind of work and be able to afford to live nearby. i do wonder that all the people voting for it didn't consider the hit to the NHS, care workers etc. Unless these brexit voters are now prepared to stump up far far more in their council tax, and NI, i have no idea who they imagine is going to fill these jobs. As the above poster said, it will mean they will just have to be replaced by non-europeans..so their desperate attempt to rid the country of immigrants will have been pointless anyway."

The hit to the care and service sectors was loudly predicted and was of course dismissed as Project Fear. Others saying that these are jobs that Brits should be doing whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that unemployment is at its lowest level for years and almost all EU migrants are inwork and paying direct and indirect taxes.

Post Brexit deals with India, Pakistan and countries in SE Asia and S America will more than likely see the jobs like you describe being taken by people from those countries rather than EU countries. There will be a certain delicious irony to see Brexiters foaming at the mouth when French, Spanish and Polish workers are replaced by Indian, Pakistani and Indonesians.

Economic migration will not slow down because the country needs workers and especially if we are to believe the Brexit proclamation that the economy will boom post Brexit. They just can't tell you how this boom will be fuelled and who will be doing all of the extra work.

"....

this is exactly what is happening in the industry, care work, that im in. Previously we had a lot of young eastern europeans, happy to house share as you do in your 20's..here for a limited time to make some money, very few having any intention to stay. Over the last 6 months the applications from eastern europeans has dropped dramatically. they'd be stupid to come here when they would have better wages and more security in say,germany. The problem now is getting staff. I live in an expensive area, so quite honestly its pretty impossible to do this kind of work and be able to afford to live nearby. i do wonder that all the people voting for it didn't consider the hit to the NHS, care workers etc. Unless these brexit voters are now prepared to stump up far far more in their council tax, and NI, i have no idea who they imagine is going to fill these jobs. As the above poster said, it will mean they will just have to be replaced by non-europeans..so their desperate attempt to rid the country of immigrants will have been pointless anyway.

The hit to the care and service sectors was loudly predicted and was of course dismissed as Project Fear. Others saying that these are jobs that Brits should be doing whilst conveniently ignoring the fact that unemployment is at its lowest level for years and almost all EU migrants are inwork and paying direct and indirect taxes.

Post Brexit deals with India, Pakistan and countries in SE Asia and S America will more than likely see the jobs like you describe being taken by people from those countries rather than EU countries. There will be a certain delicious irony to see Brexiters foaming at the mouth when French, Spanish and Polish workers are replaced by Indian, Pakistani and Indonesians.

Economic migration will not slow down because the country needs workers and especially if we are to believe the Brexit proclamation that the economy will boom post Brexit. They just can't tell you how this boom will be fuelled and who will be doing all of the extra work."

exactly, its happening already, we've got several new recruits who are south american...most of the other new ones are filipino...its not always that brits wont do the job, though with younger people its definitely a factor...its more,as i said above,that if they are paying rent, mortgage etc, they simply would not be able to afford to..i have a slightly unusual living situation that means i can, but still pay nearly 3/4 of my wages as rent.

No they will still crap on employees with zero hours contracts...the thing is in the past UK people wouldnt do these jobs....they might just find now they HAVE to do them "

With tories in yes. If they have their way there'd be Work camps, floggings, gallows, employers holding scented hankies in their face while they get driven past peasants in their gold carriages

With tories in yes. If they have their way there'd be Work camps, floggings, gallows, employers holding scented hankies in their face while they get driven past peasants in their gold carriages"

Indeed and thats one of the main reasons if not the main reason i voted for Labour at the last election

With tories in yes. If they have their way there'd be Work camps, floggings, gallows, employers holding scented hankies in their face while they get driven past peasants in their gold carriages

Indeed and thats one of the main reasons if not the main reason i voted for Labour at the last election"

"....

Economic migration will not slow down because the country needs workers and especially if we are to believe the Brexit proclamation that the economy will boom post Brexit. They just can't tell you how this boom will be fuelled and who will be doing all of the extra work.

exactly, its happening already, we've got several new recruits who are south american...most of the other new ones are filipino...its not always that brits wont do the job, though with younger people its definitely a factor...its more,as i said above,that if they are paying rent, mortgage etc, they simply would not be able to afford to..i have a slightly unusual living situation that means i can, but still pay nearly 3/4 of my wages as rent."

Out of interest who do you recruit through/for who? I have a few friends who'd move down south for work if they could afford it?

On another note, a friend who works at and English teaching centre (affiliated with the DWP and other gov bodies, plus runs a private side) is bricking it when Brexit comes into full effect.

Your European students, graduates, and workers tend to have a a basic or working grasp of English the moment they come in, non-eu applicants (even those from India and other 'anglicised' nations) tend not to. Long story short their being told to expect a drop in eu applicants, a rise in non-eu applicants, an increase in demand on basic english training, yet n increase in staff numbers or resources.

Make do is basically the order they have, and here we expect to fill care and nursing roles, yet a basic level of written and spoken english of high standard is one of the first barring checks.

All I'm going t say, is expect either increased tax, or increased borrowing if we want to see 'our own' trained up .

"....

exactly, its happening already, we've got several new recruits who are south american...most of the other new ones are filipino...its not always that brits wont do the job, though with younger people its definitely a factor...its more,as i said above,that if they are paying rent, mortgage etc, they simply would not be able to afford to..i have a slightly unusual living situation that means i can, but still pay nearly 3/4 of my wages as rent.

Out of interest who do you recruit through/for who? I have a few friends who'd move down south for work if they could afford it?

On another note, a friend who works at and English teaching centre (affiliated with the DWP and other gov bodies, plus runs a private side) is bricking it when Brexit comes into full effect.

Your European students, graduates, and workers tend to have a a basic or working grasp of English the moment they come in, non-eu applicants (even those from India and other 'anglicised' nations) tend not to. Long story short their being told to expect a drop in eu applicants, a rise in non-eu applicants, an increase in demand on basic english training, yet n increase in staff numbers or resources.

Make do is basically the order they have, and here we expect to fill care and nursing roles, yet a basic level of written and spoken english of high standard is one of the first barring checks.

All I'm going t say, is expect either increased tax, or increased borrowing if we want to see 'our own' trained up ."

as with most care companies, they advertise locally, papers , online, job centre etc..and moving down here for a job like that is nigh on impossible i would imagine, unless they have a few grand spare to begin with..2 bed flat around here is about 1300+ a month so to move in they'd need 3 times that..which is why its getting harder to find local staff

"....

All I'm going t say, is expect either increased tax, or increased borrowing if we want to see 'our own' trained up .

as with most care companies, they advertise locally, papers , online, job centre etc..and moving down here for a job like that is nigh on impossible i would imagine, unless they have a few grand spare to begin with..2 bed flat around here is about 1300+ a month so to move in they'd need 3 times that..which is why its getting harder to find local staff"

Ah right, didn't realise you are down South.

I think this is part of the problem, a lot of young people 30 yrs and under, will go for any better paying job possible if they feel their skills are relevant.

The problem is, often jobs which require certain skills are unevenly distributed and concentrated around the country. If you live in an area which doesn't match your skill set and you don't have money to relocated, you're a bit fucked aren't you. And so are regional economies.

» Add a new message to this topic