FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sky stops broadcasting Fox News

Sky stops broadcasting Fox News

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Good news!!!

Alt Right propaganda channel is no longer easily viewable in the UK.

CNN remains available and increasingly popular

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i am going to miss it just purely for comedy value.....

gods knows how centaur is going to cope without his fix of fox and friends and hannity!...

without fox news how is he suppose to get all his talking points....

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"i am going to miss it just purely for comedy value.....

gods knows how centaur is going to cope without his fix of fox and friends and hannity!...

without fox news how is he suppose to get all his talking points...."

Poor lads going to struggle

"Good news!!!

Alt Right propaganda channel is no longer easily viewable in the UK.

CNN remains available and increasingly popular "

Lucrative CNN!!.

I remember when they were on their arse making losses every year... Before trump?.. Yeah it's like they wanted trump to win, showing empty trump podiums for 20 minutes while Bernie Sanders who had err, yes 85,000 people at his got 1 minute of coverage and then.. Cut back to trumps empty podium, ahhhh yeah, the good old honest CNN who never lie about anything

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Poor lads going to struggle "

I'm sure he still sunscribes to the daily kipper

Apart from this.

https://youtu.be/jTWY14eyMFg

Fake news is older than CNN would have you believe

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Apart from this.

Fake news is older than CNN would have you believe"

Just type "CNN is" into Google and see what happens with the first prediction that is generated.

Cannock

without fox news how is he suppose to get all his talking points...."

Television is old hat Fabio. About time you moved with the times. Maybe that's why Clinton lost the election still stuck in the past. The Internet is the new frontier for information and YouTube is becoming much more popular now than television news stations.

"Apart from this.

Just type "CNN is" into Google and see what happens with the first prediction that is generated.

"

The predictions are generated based on what other people search for, so all this really demonstrates is a lot of people are desperate to believe that they can substitute actual journalism with whatever bloviating YouTube "influencer" best appeals to their

existing prejudices.

Newcastle and Gateshead

[Removed by poster at 30/08/17 17:50:41]

Newcastle and Gateshead

Television is old hat Fabio. About time you moved with the times. Maybe that's why Clinton lost the election still stuck in the past. The Internet is the new frontier for information and YouTube is becoming much more popular now than television news stations. "

was there really the need for that many words......

rather than whaffle... you could have just said breibart and infowars....

I know you like a bit of alex jones....

am i right????

Cannock

"Apart from this.

The predictions are generated based on what other people search for, so all this really demonstrates is a lot of people are desperate to believe that they can substitute actual journalism with whatever bloviating YouTube "influencer" best appeals to their

existing prejudices."

Aww didums didn't you like the answer....CNN is Fake news

Cannock

Television is old hat Fabio. About time you moved with the times. Maybe that's why Clinton lost the election still stuck in the past. The Internet is the new frontier for information and YouTube is becoming much more popular now than television news stations.

am i right???? "

Fox news very popular on YouTube too, especially now they have Nigel Farage on as a regular.

Newcastle and Gateshead

"

Aww didums didn't you like the answer....CNN is Fake news "

but do you know which news channel has had the most Ofcom upheld complaints in the last 10 years....

go on.... guess...

p.s the answer is 22 upheld complaints by the way......

i did find it brutal that the reason sky gave for getting rid was that it was only attracting 2000 viewers a day..... that would mean farage and katie hopkins would not quite have been as popular as you think, unless you are going to claim there was some massive ratings spike when they were on.....

Cambridge

am i right????

Fox news very popular on YouTube too, especially now they have Nigel Farage on as a regular. "

The same Nigel Farage who said that the best thing about stepping down as leader of UKIP was that he wouldn't have to spend us much time with people like you Centaur? Ouch, that must have hurt a bit.

this won't effect the racist fuckwits from the west midlands ... their scummy agenda is fed by websites like stormfront

Cannock

"

but do you know which news channel has had the most Ofcom upheld complaints in the last 10 years....

go on.... guess...

p.s the answer is 22 upheld complaints by the way......

i did find it brutal that the reason sky gave for getting rid was that it was only attracting 2000 viewers a day..... that would mean farage and katie hopkins would not quite have been as popular as you think, unless you are going to claim there was some massive ratings spike when they were on.....

"

The hits on YouTube speak for themselves. The number of hits Farage clips get put 2nd rate fuckwits like The Young Turks to shame.

Cannock

am i right????

Fox news very popular on YouTube too, especially now they have Nigel Farage on as a regular.

The same Nigel Farage who said that the best thing about stepping down as leader of UKIP was that he wouldn't have to spend us much time with people like you Centaur? Ouch, that must have hurt a bit. "

Interesting that you take such a keen interest in what Farage has to say. Besides I don't begrudge him having a break from front line politics. He fought a good fight for 20 plus years to get Brexit and frankly deserves a well earned break now it's been achieved. His appearances on Fox news and his LBC radio show are very enjoyable, so he's not completely out the picture.

Cambridge

am i right????

The same Nigel Farage who said that the best thing about stepping down as leader of UKIP was that he wouldn't have to spend us much time with people like you Centaur? Ouch, that must have hurt a bit.

Interesting that you take such a keen interest in what Farage has to say. Besides I don't begrudge him having a break from front line politics. He fought a good fight for 20 plus years to get Brexit and frankly deserves a well earned break now it's been achieved. His appearances on Fox news and his LBC radio show are very enjoyable, so he's not completely out the picture. "

But he is having to spend a lot less time with people like you. Which is his stated goal!

"Apart from this.

existing prejudices.

Aww didums didn't you like the answer....CNN is Fake news "

It'll be a fine day indeed when people stop braying "fake news" when what they mean is "news I don't like"

Cannock

"Apart from this.

existing prejudices.

It'll be a fine day indeed when people stop braying "fake news" when what they mean is "news I don't like""

I've got plenty of concrete examples of fake news stories that CNN or CNN contributors have run in the past and posted them on a thread for explicitlylyrics a few months ago. One such example was a CNN Contributor running a news story from a PARODY Reuters twitter account thinking it was a real news story. It even had it written on the Twitter page that it was a PARODY Reuters twitter account, i mean how much of a dick do you have to be not to spot that, but shit like this is par for the course on CNN.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6UkAXBZQzI&t=82s

You want more examples of fake news from CNN and CNN contributors just look at the guy who posted that Youtube video page called Mark Dice, he's got dozens of examples on his Youtube page of fake news peddled by CNN.

"Apart from this.

existing prejudices.

It'll be a fine day indeed when people stop braying "fake news" when what they mean is "news I don't like"

I've got plenty of concrete examples of fake news stories that CNN or CNN contributors have run in the past and posted them on a thread for explicitlylyrics a few months ago. One such example was a CNN Contributor running a news story from a PARODY Reuters twitter account thinking it was a real news story. It even had it written on the Twitter page that it was a PARODY Reuters twitter account, i mean how much of a dick do you have to be not to spot that, but shit like this is par for the course on CNN.

You want more examples of fake news from CNN and CNN contributors just look at the guy who posted that Youtube video page called Mark Dice, he's got dozens of examples on his Youtube page of fake news peddled by CNN. "

Nah. I'm not really interested in another low rent sap in the cottage outrage industry and his YouTube video that reenforced your existing prejudices.

Tellingly, you're using occasional mistakes as an excuse to write off the entire network, because you'd already decided to write the network off, and this is evidence to fit that conclusion.

Amazingly, YouTube videos are above reproach, somehow.

Let's let that sink in: journalistic institute with actual oversight, internal reviews and ethics board - not to be trusted.

YouTube man - God's honest truth.

Bray on about fake news some more, if you like.

It's not a criticism that carries any weight.

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

"News sources are often biased"

Fuck me, has it really taken people on the right that long to notice?

Cannock

"Apart from this.

existing prejudices.

You want more examples of fake news from CNN and CNN contributors just look at the guy who posted that Youtube video page called Mark Dice, he's got dozens of examples on his Youtube page of fake news peddled by CNN.

Nah. I'm not really interested in another low rent sap in the cottage outrage industry and his YouTube video that reenforced your existing prejudices.

Tellingly, you're using occasional mistakes as an excuse to write off the entire network, because you'd already decided to write the network off, and this is evidence to fit that conclusion.

Let's let that sink in: journalistic institute with actual oversight, internal reviews and ethics board - not to be trusted.

It's not a criticism that carries any weight."

Occasional mistakes? I'd say not spotting it was a PARODY Reuters Twitter account with only 300 followers is a pretty big fucking mistake!

If the Conservative news channel they call Sky News has gotten rid of another Conservative new channel called Fox News then there's a pretty good reason why they have...but i'm loving yet again how a certain poster is defending another biased news channel and not wanting real news not fake news

"Apart from this.

existing prejudices.

Occasional mistakes? I'd say not spotting it was a PARODY Reuters Twitter account with only 300 followers is a pretty big fucking mistake!"

You may very well say that, but regardless, there is a difference between frequency and severity.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I ensure I very quickly rush to the next channels, whenever my TV remote picks that fox filth. Murdochs interests would be better outside of the UK as it seems like an infestation of vermin.

Cambridge

"Apart from this.

existing prejudices.

Occasional mistakes? I'd say not spotting it was a PARODY Reuters Twitter account with only 300 followers is a pretty big fucking mistake!

You may very well say that, but regardless, there is a difference between frequency and severity."

But as Centaur has described it, it was a mistake, not a deliberate intent to deceive such as many of Centaur's news sources like Alex Jones. A man that Centaur believes, even though the host has said in court that its just a made up character he plays. A man who tells people, including the parents of the dead children, that the Sandy Hook massacre never took place. A man that says the Ridley Scott film Prometheus is a true representation of what "globalist elite" believe. A man who believes he has, and has reported on video of Hilary Clinton giving birth to alien lifeforms.

That is who Centaur listens to for "news" and then has the balls to say that mainstream media is "fake news"

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

[Removed by poster at 05/09/17 12:01:28]

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Fake news or not (and what is fake news anyhow, just news slanted against your own beliefs) I'll miss the loss of Fox News. I quite enjoyed hearing a slightly different slant on events and I generally don't think that celebrating the shutting down or closer of sources of information, just because their bias is not the same as your own, is the way to deal with opposing points of view.

The broadly liberal, tolerant and democratic argument has been challenged in the past and has always won through in the end. Once it becomes clear what the divisive, exclusive and ultimately repressive policies of both the hard left and hard right will be if they start to bear their true fruit the argument can be won and will be won again.

Cambridge

"Fake news or not (and what is fake news anyhow, just news slanted against your own beliefs) I'll miss the loss of Fox News. I quite enjoyed hearing a slightly different slant on events and I generally don't think that celebrating the shutting down or closer of sources of information, just because their bias is not the same as your own, is the way to deal with opposing points of view.

The broadly liberal, tolerant and democratic argument has been challenged in the past and has always won through in the end. Once it becomes clear what the divisive, exclusive and ultimately repressive policies of both the hard left and hard right will be if they start to bear their true fruit the argument can be won and will be won again."

It's not as though its been censored, you can still watch directly from their website, from YouTube, I'm sure they have an app etc.

» Add a new message to this topic