FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Our Glorious Leader

Our Glorious Leader

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Theresa May said today that "you can't be in the single market unless you are a member of the European Union."

I stills faith in our future eh??? I mean, if anyone should know the facts, you would expect the PM to be up there amongst those who should know.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Theresa May said today that "you can't be in the single market unless you are a member of the European Union."

I stills faith in our future eh??? I mean, if anyone should know the facts, you would expect the PM to be up there amongst those who should know."

This bunch couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery tbh....so nothing surprises me what comes out there mouths..."strong and " my arse weak and wobbly as is being proved at the moment

The EU have said exactly the same. It's their club, their rules. All she did was state a fact!

North West

"The EU have said exactly the same. It's their club, their rules. All she did was state a fact!"

Uhmmmm - no it isn't a fact.

J C Junker and his pal Barnier seem to think it is!

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"J C Junker and his pal Barnier seem to think it is!"

So how do you explain Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Switzerland? All are members of the Single Market but none are members of the EU. It clearly is not the case that, in order to be in the Single Market, you HAVE to be in the EU, as these countries clearly prove.

OK....but they have to pay IN to the EU and accept free movement and the rulings of the ECJ....They also can't negotiate trade deals without the OK of the EU commission......how is that not in EU? (Other than in name)

They have all the shit and little of the benefits....that would be the "bad" deal which no deal would actually be better than

North West

"OK....but they have to pay IN to the EU and accept free movement and the rulings of the ECJ....They also can't negotiate trade deals without the OK of the EU commission......how is that not in EU? (Other than in name)

They have all the shit and little of the benefits....that would be the "bad" deal which no deal would actually be better than"

Funny, I recall this being put out there as an option in the referendum campaign.

[Removed by poster at 31/08/17 09:44:33]

Thought this was about our nicola lol

"OK....but they have to pay IN to the EU and accept free movement and the rulings of the ECJ....They also can't negotiate trade deals without the OK of the EU commission......how is that not in EU? (Other than in name)

They have all the shit and little of the benefits....that would be the "bad" deal which no deal would actually be better than"

Actually to dispell some myths:

Norway, Iceland and Switzerland do not accept free movement.

They can negotiate trade deals, the EU does like to know the deals of what is being imported to another country though, simply so that if that country seeks to sell on products to an eu member, it can impose tarriffs if need be, or alternatively block the trade of a product if need be. E.g, a crappy car manufacturer sets up factories in norway for some reason, and the manufacturer does not adhere to EU standards, say on safty or pollutant emmissions, then the EU will block the import of that product frlm norway to its member states. Norway can still export them to America for example, if america wants them.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

They have all the shit and little of the benefits....that would be the "bad" deal which no deal would actually be better than

They can negotiate trade deals, the EU does like to know the deals of what is being imported to another country though, simply so that if that country seeks to sell on products to an eu member, it can impose tarriffs if need be, or alternatively block the trade of a product if need be. E.g, a crappy car manufacturer sets up factories in norway for some reason, and the manufacturer does not adhere to EU standards, say on safty or pollutant emmissions, then the EU will block the import of that product frlm norway to its member states. Norway can still export them to America for example, if america wants them."

EU standards on pollutant emissions? You mean like the bogus ones that the German car manufacturer VW conned everyone about, lol.

By *hybloke67Man  over a year ago

ROMFORD

Here we are 14 months down the line and people still refusing to accept the British public voted to leave the EU!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

They may know some facts but this is the party that lied on all sides of the European referendum debate - there's no willingness on their part to speak only the truth.

She's a washed-up bloater, lost without spin doctors telling her what policies to have and what to say.

I'm afraid I have little faith in any of them at the moment

It does seem that deep down everyone is scared to leave the E U.

I really did vote to leave as in bye

And let things fall in place after !

But at this rate I can't see us leaving !

It isn't what I voted for !

I think Farage will use this as justification to return and UKIP will rise again !

They can negotiate trade deals, the EU does like to know the deals of what is being imported to another country though, simply so that if that country seeks to sell on products to an eu member, it can impose tarriffs if need be, or alternatively block the trade of a product if need be. E.g, a crappy car manufacturer sets up factories in norway for some reason, and the manufacturer does not adhere to EU standards, say on safty or pollutant emmissions, then the EU will block the import of that product frlm norway to its member states. Norway can still export them to America for example, if america wants them.

EU standards on pollutant emissions? You mean like the bogus ones that the German car manufacturer VW conned everyone about, lol. "

Trust you to actually deflect from the issue.

A business is not a government or state, or political institution, or organisation.

A business broke a law, I've not followed up on it, but I believe they were taken to court, fined and penalised appropriately, or who knows too lightly.

It is actually a good thing in many ways, it's been a red flag to ensure such issues are more strictly enforced.

» Add a new message to this topic