FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > So Boris talks again about the £350m

So Boris talks again about the £350m

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So Boris is undermining the government again by saying the whole of the money ie..the so called £350m we send to the EU should be sent to the NHS ....is he right or just electioneering before Mrs Maybe makes this important speech on brexit ?..

My thoughts are the latter

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"So Boris is undermining the government again by saying the whole of the money ie..the so called £350m we send to the EU should be sent to the NHS ....is he right or just electioneering before Mrs Maybe makes this important speech on brexit ?..

My thoughts are the latter "

Have to agree with you I don't believe anything this mostly crue say it's just lies lies and more lies

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Is this Mystic Meg making her predictions again?

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

It's such a load of crap, there will be no more money.

It's funny all the people on the Juncker thread complaining about low taxes when he was a PM, yet now Boris is saying the same thing for the UK. Will those people now be slating Boris? lets just say I wont be holding my breath!

"It's such a load of crap, there will be no more money.

It's funny all the people on the Juncker thread complaining about low taxes when he was a PM, yet now Boris is saying the same thing for the UK. Will those people now be slating Boris? lets just say I wont be holding my breath!"

I voted leave, and wish boris would shut up. The £350 million gimmick just keeps coming back

"Is this Mystic Meg making her predictions again?"

Nah its a fact did they not report it in the Daily Fail or The Scum ?

Looks like some Tories are calling for Boris to be sacked

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Is it a cunning plan by Boris to force his dismissal by May and trigger a challenge to her, which will cause even more chaos with the Brexit negotiations..?

May even kick them further down the road or even if one were a cynic suggest that Boris for all his bluster and buffoonery can see that its a bad idea and he wants out and to be a back bench MP..

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"It's such a load of crap, there will be no more money.

It's funny all the people on the Juncker thread complaining about low taxes when he was a PM, yet now Boris is saying the same thing for the UK. Will those people now be slating Boris? lets just say I wont be holding my breath!"

There will be more money eventually it is basic maths,but it is many years away.What the government of the day would do with the extra money is another matter but the NHS is a good place to start in my books

upton wirral

"Is it a cunning plan by Boris to force his dismissal by May and trigger a challenge to her, which will cause even more chaos with the Brexit negotiations..?

May even kick them further down the road or even if one were a cynic suggest that Boris for all his bluster and buffoonery can see that its a bad idea and he wants out and to be a back bench MP..

You could be right but will it work?

"

upton wirral

"Looks like some Tories are calling for Boris to be sacked "
So whats new?

Boris knows exactly what he's doing.Hes playing to win .

Boris believes in Brexit the way most on here believe in abstinence...He jumped on that horse to usurp Cameron. He was betrayed by Gove but is now positioning himself for the inevitable downfall of May. He is trying the old Trump spout shit schtik because the hard of thinking will buy it......he hopes, Me ? i think he is a buffoon with an ego that will always be his undoing

[Removed by poster at 17/09/17 16:40:08]

I am not sure what a brexitor is smoking lol.

By *tjohnspairCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

"Boris knows exactly what he's doing.Hes playing to win ."

He was very careful to talk about money we would "control". We all know the net figure is only about £180-£200 million a week after the rebate (paid back in arrears one year after) and the various regional grants. Problem is that headlines don't look at the subtlety of language....but again...I'm sure he knows that too!

Cambridge

"Boris knows exactly what he's doing.Hes playing to win .

He was very careful to talk about money we would "control". We all know the net figure is only about £180-£200 million a week after the rebate (paid back in arrears one year after) and the various regional grants. Problem is that headlines don't look at the subtlety of language....but again...I'm sure he knows that too!"

The rebate isn't paid back a year in arrears. If you believe it does, please can you cite your source?

Boris looks like hes going to resign this weekend..

"Boris looks like hes going to resign this weekend..

"

Centuars is his replacement

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

"

Wont happen, the man may seem like a bumbling idiot but he is too intelligent and too smooth an operator to resign. However I do think he is manoeuvring May into a position where she will have no choice but to sack him or resign and she is too much of an autocrat to resign so BoJo will have to go!

And so the bumbling buffoon will have seen off 2 PM's and 1 anointed chancellor (Osbourn) while avoiding being handed the poison chalice that is being the PM that is responsible for brexit and ensuring that when he does run for leader after 2020 he will have no competition.

I hate his self-serving money-grubbing politics with a vengeance, but I admire the mans political savvy and how well he plays the part of a clown while politically assassinating his rivals. The man really is a genius, he is even able to brush off the biggest brexit lie there was and use it again to further weaken May and force her to fire him which is what he wants! LoL

He was very careful to talk about money we would "control". We all know the net figure is only about £180-£200 million a week after the rebate (paid back in arrears one year after) and the various regional grants. Problem is that headlines don't look at the subtlety of language....but again...I'm sure he knows that too!

The rebate isn't paid back a year in arrears. If you believe it does, please can you cite your source? "

It was stated by William Hague and then "fact checked" on Victoria this morning....so they are in fact correct. Totally irrelevant to the point they were making tho.

The net figure is significantly less that the £350 million "gross".... but as they also said...Boris was being very selective with his words.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

The rebate isn't paid back a year in arrears. If you believe it does, please can you cite your source? "

Available in the Parliament research briefings.

Our rebate in 2017 is calculated using our contribution in 2016.

Thank you..... CLCC?

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

Centuars is his replacement "

Isn't it lovely he's not around this week so normal and peaceful instead of reading all his garbage

Cambridge

The rebate isn't paid back a year in arrears. If you believe it does, please can you cite your source?

Available in the Parliament research briefings.

Our rebate in 2017 is calculated using our contribution in 2016."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_rebate

"The calculation of the rebate for any one year is budgeted and paid for the following year, and the payments are subject to revision for up to three further years.[10][11] There is no transfer of money from the European Commission to the UK Treasury involved; the effect of the rebate is to reduce the size of the UK's payments.[12]"

So I'm going to repeat this, just so it's clear.

"There is no transfer of money from the European Commission to the UK Treasury"

So it's not "paid back" because it was never paid to them in the first place. As it says "the effect of the rebate is to reduce the size of the UK's payments"

upton wirral

"Boris believes in Brexit the way most on here believe in abstinence...He jumped on that horse to usurp Cameron. He was betrayed by Gove but is now positioning himself for the inevitable downfall of May. He is trying the old Trump spout shit schtik because the hard of thinking will buy it......he hopes, Me ? i think he is a buffoon with an ego that will always be his undoing "
Many in fact most believe in brexit

"

"The calculation of the rebate for any one year is budgeted and paid for the following year, and the payments are subject to revision for up to three further years.

"

Can you explain this sentence a bit more, it's slightly confused me!

Cambridge

"

"The calculation of the rebate for any one year is budgeted and paid for the following year, and the payments are subject to revision for up to three further years.

Can you explain this sentence a bit more, it's slightly confused me!"

Bless. How about this "The UK doesn’t pay or "send to Brussels" this higher figure of £17 billion, or anything equivalent per week or per day. The rebate is applied straight away, so the UK never contributes this much." This is from Fact Check "The UK's EU Membership Fee"

"

Bless. How about this "The UK doesn’t pay or "send to Brussels" this higher figure of £17 billion, or anything equivalent per week or per day. The rebate is applied straight away, so the UK never contributes this much." This is from Fact Check "The UK's EU Membership Fee"

"

Oh right it's just that this "it's budgeted and paid for the following year" confused me

One more question as I never really pay much attention to this EU money stuff.....

Are we a year behind on payments then or do we pay up front for the year?

Cambridge

"

Oh right it's just that this "it's budgeted and paid for the following year" confused me

"

I'm sure you'll figure it out

» Add a new message to this topic