FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Sung San Suu Kyi

Sung San Suu Kyi

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Lying biatch..... comment?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

That should say Aung San Suu Kyi.... before anyone picks up on the typo!

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Her father was a lying, traitorous bastard, and she's not much better.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

I am shocked she fooled me nasty cow

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What's it all about?

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

I still think (hope) her words are dictated by the fear of what the military will do to the whole population if she speaks out against the generals.

Cambridge

"I still think (hope) her words are dictated by the fear of what the military will do to the whole population if she speaks out against the generals."

Sadly, many of the general population, at least from the Burman majority will agree with what is happening. Many of them also believe that the Rohingya are not really Burmese.

"I still think (hope) her words are dictated by the fear of what the military will do to the whole population if she speaks out against the generals.

Sadly, many of the general population, at least from the Burman majority will agree with what is happening. Many of them also believe that the Rohingya are not really Burmese. "

God what will it take to allow some countries to abandon tribal routes and form true nation states.

Mind, I guess it took 400 years + two world wars for people to drop regional tribalism in europe and move to national identity fully.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's hard to judge her well without knowing the full truth. Does power corrupt? I'm disappointed with her so far but assume she is behaving ad she is because of her military counterparts

Shes playing the long game. Having her locked up for another 20 years will benefit nobody in her country.The miltary has yet to relinquish its grip on the country .Woukd you like her locked up for dissent .

Cambridge

"I still think (hope) her words are dictated by the fear of what the military will do to the whole population if she speaks out against the generals.

Sadly, many of the general population, at least from the Burman majority will agree with what is happening. Many of them also believe that the Rohingya are not really Burmese.

God what will it take to allow some countries to abandon tribal routes and form true nation states.

Mind, I guess it took 400 years + two world wars for people to drop regional tribalism in europe and move to national identity fully."

Well the Panglong Agreement of 1947 was supposed to allow a route to self determination, and the creation of their own states, for at least some of the ethnic groups in Burma. But sadly this never came to fruition. Ever since Burma has been a mismatch of ethnic groups which have been trying to gain independence, ever since. At the moment the world is focused on Rohingya from Arakhan state, but there is fighting going on in Kachin state too at the moment. Other areas are currently holding to ceasefire agreements.

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I always thought that those who built her up as the saintly lady were deluded, but there is no doubt that the army remains in control, even if ostensibly having relinquished power.

Both the army and the majority of Burmese consider the muslim tribes to be illegal settlers and either terrorists or their sympathisers; add in the divisions lingering from WW2 and the growing influence of ISIS ideology among muslim populations around the world.....there is only going to be one direction of travel.

The Buddhist majority, irrespective of political differences, want a monocultural society free of muslim insurgency and terrorism. That's realpolitik.

Cambridge

"I always thought that those who built her up as the saintly lady were deluded, but there is no doubt that the army remains in control, even if ostensibly having relinquished power.

Both the army and the majority of Burmese consider the muslim tribes to be illegal settlers and either terrorists or their sympathisers; add in the divisions lingering from WW2 and the growing influence of ISIS ideology among muslim populations around the world.....there is only going to be one direction of travel.

The Buddhist majority, irrespective of political differences, want a monocultural society free of muslim insurgency and terrorism. That's realpolitik."

The vast majority of the insurgents in Burma are not Muslim. They are Christian or Buddhist.

By *leasure domMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"I always thought that those who built her up as the saintly lady were deluded, but there is no doubt that the army remains in control, even if ostensibly having relinquished power.

The Buddhist majority, irrespective of political differences, want a monocultural society free of muslim insurgency and terrorism. That's realpolitik.

The vast majority of the insurgents in Burma are not Muslim. They are Christian or Buddhist. "

The point is that they are united on one issue - they want shot of the muslims and are unlikely to desist until the latter are all killed or expelled.

Cambridge

The vast majority of the insurgents in Burma are not Muslim. They are Christian or Buddhist.

The point is that they are united on one issue - they want shot of the muslims and are unlikely to desist until the latter are all killed or expelled."

The Burmese are never united on any issue. There are Muslims spread all over Burma, at the military are only looking at one region at the moment.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

The point is that they are united on one issue - they want shot of the muslims and are unlikely to desist until the latter are all killed or expelled.

The Burmese are never united on any issue. There are Muslims spread all over Burma, at the military are only looking at one region at the moment."

and there you have it "at the moment " give it time

Cambridge

The Burmese are never united on any issue. There are Muslims spread all over Burma, at the military are only looking at one region at the moment.and there you have it "at the moment " give it time

"

Well the Burmese government have been doing this since 1947. How much time?

» Add a new message to this topic