FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Labour Conference = Labour are finished

Labour Conference = Labour are finished

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyHnS OP   Couple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

So i just saw that at Labour conference has decided not to debate/ vote on Brexit. If you don't talk about an issue, doesn't mean it goes away!

So Labour are happy to go along with the hard brexit not a care in the world

Anyone still wondering why in Scotland Labour are called Red Tories!!

This is the so called opposition to the Tories ? No wonder called got rid of this fannies long time ago.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The labour party is as split on brexit as are the conservatives.Much like the entire country.Labour must be grateful that the poisoned brexit chalice is being passed around the tory party for now.

The Council of Elrond

Does that not say it all after more that a year passes and still Labour and the Tories have bugger all clue and not being honest with the public.

I dont agree with the Lib Dems but they kinda have a past plan but there nutters too as they claim to want another EU referendum but no to allowing a Scottish referendum to allow the Scottish people to decide

Westminster if full or corrupt fannies that couldn't fight their way out a paper bag.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Why would Labour talk about something that has not changed and has been settled? It has been agreed that we are leaving the EU and Labour will not oppose the will of the people in that. It has been agreed that Labour will oppose any attempt by the Tories to use brexit as an opportunity to remove parliamentary power and cede it to the government of the day.

The position is simple and as nothing has changed since those decisions were made Labour have more urgent business to discuss.

The Council of Elrond

"Why would Labour talk about something that has not changed and has been settled? It has been agreed that we are leaving the EU and Labour will not oppose the will of the people in that. It has been agreed that Labour will oppose any attempt by the Tories to use brexit as an opportunity to remove parliamentary power and cede it to the government of the day.

The position is simple and as nothing has changed since those decisions were made Labour have more urgent business to discuss."

So Labour dont wanna talk about brexit then ?

So what is Labour position on the single market and customs union after this transition period IN or OUT ?

I get Labour doesnt want to be seen as taking a position but there gonna have to grow some baws soon

All i keep saying its Labour have agreed the UK is leaving the EU but they are very dodgy on the single market and customs union

"Why would Labour talk about something that has not changed and has been settled? It has been agreed that we are leaving the EU and Labour will not oppose the will of the people in that. It has been agreed that Labour will oppose any attempt by the Tories to use brexit as an opportunity to remove parliamentary power and cede it to the government of the day.

The position is simple and as nothing has changed since those decisions were made Labour have more urgent business to discuss.

So what is Labour position on the single market and customs union after this transition period IN or OUT ?

I get Labour doesnt want to be seen as taking a position but there gonna have to grow some baws soon

All i keep saying its Labour have agreed the UK is leaving the EU but they are very dodgy on the single market and customs union"

They have to be the opposition for the government. Not Europe. May may be using Brexit as a front or a diversion of her true intentions. I worry about losing our privacy and human rights. The pay increase for the police had some caveats. I read they had to do extra shifts. Not really a pay rise. Just the Tories playing with the numbers.

The Council of Elrond

All i keep saying its Labour have agreed the UK is leaving the EU but they are very dodgy on the single market and customs union

They have to be the opposition for the government. Not Europe. May may be using Brexit as a front or a diversion of her true intentions. I worry about losing our privacy and human rights. The pay increase for the police had some caveats. I read they had to do extra shifts. Not really a pay rise. Just the Tories playing with the numbers."

Yeah i dont trust the Tories one bit but i dont trust Labour either

Mixed messages there telling people

So far Corbyn is saying out of the EU and agrees with the Tories being ut of the single market and customs union after 2021

Then others saying no no will be in the single market Labour are all over the place and now they are afraid to talk about it.

SNP made it clear full membership of the single market has to be retained if not then Scotland has every right to hold an independence referendum as Scotland as a whole voted to remain part of the EU

I feel sorry for England you honest have uselesses parties that couldnt give a fuck about you their careers come first

Wonder if there'll be any major SWINGS at the autumn conferences??

In all seriousness: 27 nations and a single currency?

Madness, complete and utter...

The Council of Elrond

"In all seriousness: 27 nations and a single currency?

Madness, complete and utter..."

Single currency? What would that be ?

Having the Euro in economically diverse nations must have been irksome to some Brexiters. The salaries in Spain are so low that people flock to London or Munich in search of better pay.

By *omaMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

They have to be the opposition for the government. Not Europe. May may be using Brexit as a front or a diversion of her true intentions. I worry about losing our privacy and human rights. The pay increase for the police had some caveats. I read they had to do extra shifts. Not really a pay rise. Just the Tories playing with the numbers.

So far Corbyn is saying out of the EU and agrees with the Tories being ut of the single market and customs union after 2021

Then others saying no no will be in the single market Labour are all over the place and now they are afraid to talk about it.

SNP made it clear full membership of the single market has to be retained if not then Scotland has every right to hold an independence referendum as Scotland as a whole voted to remain part of the EU

I feel sorry for England you honest have uselesses parties that couldnt give a fuck about you their careers come first "

Start by feeling sorry for the school children in Scotland.A decade or more of SNP in charge and Scotland goes from 11th to 24th in numerousy skills, 11th to 23rd in literacy skills in a world league table.

Wee manky Sturgeon's obsession with Scottish Independence is all that seems to matter to the SNP . . even that other jerk Salmond is embarrassed with her performance.

The Council of Elrond

I feel sorry for England you honest have uselesses parties that couldnt give a fuck about you their careers come first

Start by feeling sorry for the school children in Scotland.A decade or more of SNP in charge and Scotland goes from 11th to 24th in numerousy skills, 11th to 23rd in literacy skills in a world league table.

Wee manky Sturgeon's obsession with Scottish Independence is all that seems to matter to the SNP . . even that other jerk Salmond is embarrassed with her performance. "

Ok you want to attack the SNP education fair enough. Now which country in the UK right now has the best record in education ?

Also 10 years of SNP in government in Scotland why is it you think the people trust the SNP and they do NOT trust the unionist branch offices ?

Tut tut Erm SNP put forward their manifesto policy to have the right to hold a referendum and the people of Scotland elected the SNP giving them a mandate on that referendum thats democracy i know i know unionists seem to think democracy ended in 18th Sept 2014 but thats not true thats just wishful thinking by unionists afraid lol

Also you say Nicola and the SNP talk about independence non stop the bloody clue is in the their name they are a pro independence party and i think you will find it was unionist branch offices that wouldnt shut the fuck up during the Scottish council elections and the UK election about another independence referendum

Also they had the cheek to talk about devolved powers in a UK elections be ashamed of those unionist branch offices talking about devolved powers in a UK elections and not what they would do as MP's in Westminster

You have just allowed those newly elected Scottish Tory MP's to put party before the people

The Council of Elrond

Am curious to know from Labour supporters

What is the official Labour policy on the single market and customs union after 2021?

Hard or soft brexit?

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"Am curious to know from Labour supporters

What is the official Labour policy on the single market and customs union after 2021?

Hard or soft brexit? "

They can't answer because Labour doesn't have a settled position on Brexit. They change like the wind and have had more positions on Brexit than the Karma Sutra. Today on Sky news you had Clive Lewis and Caroline Flint arguing completely opposite positions on what Labour's Brexit policy should be. You also had Corbyn saying the transition period should be no more than 10 years while Diane Abbott was saying she was happy with the 2 year transition and that should be settled as the fixed period for leaving the EU.

The Council of Elrond

Hard or soft brexit?

They can't answer because Labour doesn't have a settled position on Brexit. They change like the wind and have had more positions on Brexit than the Karma Sutra. Today on Sky news you had Clive Lewis and Caroline Flint arguing completely opposite positions on what Labour's Brexit policy should be. You also had Corbyn saying the transition period should be no more than 10 years while Diane Abbott was saying she was happy with the 2 year transition and that should be settled as the fixed period for leaving the EU. "

Ah good you have popped up lol

So what is your thoughts on the Pm speech that brexit wont really happen until 2021 ? Must have really pissed you off ?

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Hard or soft brexit? "

I think Labour supporters would like to know what their policy is as well.

Rebecca Long-Bailey on radio this morning saying if we leave the single market it will cause job losses, Jeremy Corbyn saying if we stay in the single market it will cause job losses.

They don't want to debate Brexit because they don't want to show their divisions in public.

They don't need to !

Unfortunately May is that Crap they can do what they want

She has achieved the Impossible !

Made Corbyn Electsble

The Council of Elrond

I dont agree with you to be honest

Labour really need to be honest with people and tell people if they are all for keeping membership of the single market and customs union after 2021 alot depends as it is very important and people have the right to know

We know May has said after 2021 the UK is out of the single market and customs union that nailed on that the Tories couldnt care less and Labour are far too shite feart to say what they want incase the lose voters not good enough

Cannock

Hard or soft brexit?

They can't answer because Labour doesn't have a settled position on Brexit. They change like the wind and have had more positions on Brexit than the Karma Sutra. Today on Sky news you had Clive Lewis and Caroline Flint arguing completely opposite positions on what Labour's Brexit policy should be. You also had Corbyn saying the transition period should be no more than 10 years while Diane Abbott was saying she was happy with the 2 year transition and that should be settled as the fixed period for leaving the EU.

So what is your thoughts on the Pm speech that brexit wont really happen until 2021 ? Must have really pissed you off ?

"

No not pissed off at all, why do you assume that? The Tory position on Brexit is clear (unlike Labour's wishy washy position). We will leave the EU in March 2019 at the end of the article 50 period. Then from March 2019 a limited fixed time period of 2 years will come into force called the transition period to give business stability while the finer details of brexit are ironed out. Then at the end of the 2 year transition we will leave the single market and the customs union. Rather than being pissed off I'm very happy about that.

As Liam Fox said recently "we have been stuck in the EU for the last 40 years, a couple more years really won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things". I happen to think Liam Fox is right, I can stomach a couple more years of the EU as long as it ensures that we really do leave and leave properly at the end of the 2 year transition. I've supported ukip's campaign to get us out the EU since around 2004 so I've already been playing the long game for many years in this. Patience is a virtue and 2 more years really is nothing in the grand scheme to get us fully out of the EU. Brexit was always going to bring compromises and the 2 year transition is a compromise to placate remoaners, however it doesn't change the end result which is what I'm looking forward to being leaving the EU, leaving the single market and the customs union.

Yes, "stuck".

As always, the idea that the EU wasn't something that the UK joined willingly, is a delightful ray of absurdity in these stupid, stupid times.

Hear, hear

The EU isn't fit for purpose...

The Council of Elrond

Hard or soft brexit?

No not pissed off at all, why do you assume that? The Tory position on Brexit is clear (unlike Labour's wishy washy position). We will leave the EU in March 2019 at the end of the article 50 period. Then from March 2019 a limited fixed time period of 2 years will come into force called the transition period to give business stability while the finer details of brexit are ironed out. Then at the end of the 2 year transition we will leave the single market and the customs union. Rather than being pissed off I'm very happy about that.

As Liam Fox said recently "we have been stuck in the EU for the last 40 years, a couple more years really won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things". I happen to think Liam Fox is right, I can stomach a couple more years of the EU as long as it ensures that we really do leave and leave properly at the end of the 2 year transition. I've supported ukip's campaign to get us out the EU since around 2004 so I've already been playing the long game for many years in this. Patience is a virtue and 2 more years really is nothing in the grand scheme to get us fully out of the EU. Brexit was always going to bring compromises and the 2 year transition is a compromise to placate remoaners, however it doesn't change the end result which is what I'm looking forward to being leaving the EU, leaving the single market and the customs union. "

So your happy so you disagree with what Nigel Farage had to say then as he was pretty pissed off at the speech coming it only leaving the EU by name only lol

Can you tell me was leaving the single market and customs union on the EU referendum ballot paper or was there a white paper on that issue ?

So how in the hell do you know what you were voting for ? Just willing to take people's words only look at that big fucking lie about 350 million for the NHS

Also what in the hell was the point in triggering artlice 50 if the Tories need more time how much more time do they fucking need they have had more than a year and still fuck all on how they plan to solve the Irish border the exit bill and EU citzens NO!! trade deals until the UK government have came up with plans to solve them or is that the dirty arse plan all along to get no deal and say look its all the EU fault when they were clear from the start just the UK government werent listening and thought they could bully the EU into give them a good deal when they UK already have that good deal being in the EU lol

Cannock

Hard or soft brexit?

As Liam Fox said recently "we have been stuck in the EU for the last 40 years, a couple more years really won't make that much difference in the grand scheme of things". I happen to think Liam Fox is right, I can stomach a couple more years of the EU as long as it ensures that we really do leave and leave properly at the end of the 2 year transition. I've supported ukip's campaign to get us out the EU since around 2004 so I've already been playing the long game for many years in this. Patience is a virtue and 2 more years really is nothing in the grand scheme to get us fully out of the EU. Brexit was always going to bring compromises and the 2 year transition is a compromise to placate remoaners, however it doesn't change the end result which is what I'm looking forward to being leaving the EU, leaving the single market and the customs union.

So your happy so you disagree with what Nigel Farage had to say then as he was pretty pissed off at the speech coming it only leaving the EU by name only lol

Can you tell me was leaving the single market and customs union on the EU referendum ballot paper or was there a white paper on that issue ?

So how in the hell do you know what you were voting for ? Just willing to take people's words only look at that big fucking lie about 350 million for the NHS

Also what in the hell was the point in triggering artlice 50 if the Tories need more time how much more time do they fucking need they have had more than a year and still fuck all on how they plan to solve the Irish border the exit bill and EU citzens NO!! trade deals until the UK government have came up with plans to solve them or is that the dirty arse plan all along to get no deal and say look its all the EU fault when they were clear from the start just the UK government werent listening and thought they could bully the EU into give them a good deal when they UK already have that good deal being in the EU lol

"

If anyone seems pissed off here it looks like it's you.

"The EU isn't fit for purpose..."

Dare I ask what has led you to that conclusion?

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

OP, has there every been a political topic that you haven't been able to somehow bend round to make it about Scottish Independence?

The Council of Elrond

Hard or soft brexit?

If anyone seems pissed off here it looks like it's you. "

So how in the hell do you know what you were voting for ? Just willing to take people's words only

Because the expansion to 28 countries had very limited democratic plebiscite...

"Because the expansion to 28 countries had very limited democratic plebiscite..."

All treaties are ratified in whatever manner the member states decide.

It is not up to the EU to dictate how that's done, so any perceived lack of plebiscites had best be taken up with the individual member nations.

I'm certain they'll be all ears...

Labour are finished

Really...... ?

I thought they've made massive gains on the Tories.....

By *andS66Couple  over a year ago

Derby

Hard or soft brexit?

If anyone seems pissed off here it looks like it's you.

So how in the hell do you know what you were voting for ? Just willing to take people's words only "

So people didn't know what they were voting for because it wasn't specifically on the ballot paper?

Hard or soft brexit?

Rebecca Long-Bailey on radio this morning saying if we leave the single market it will cause job losses, Jeremy Corbyn saying if we stay in the single market it will cause job losses.

They don't want to debate Brexit because they don't want to show their divisions in public."

Corbin and McDonald want out so they can nationalise Rail, Steel etc....they can't do that under EU rules. Corby not said this on Andrew Marr. (He said "the EU has rules on state aid"... but it was clear what he meant)

Cannock

Hard or soft brexit?

They don't want to debate Brexit because they don't want to show their divisions in public.

Corbin and McDonald want out so they can nationalise Rail, Steel etc....they can't do that under EU rules. Corby not said this on Andrew Marr. (He said "the EU has rules on state aid"... but it was clear what he meant)"

This is one of the main reasons why Dennis Skinner wants out of the EU as well.

Hard or soft brexit?

Corbin and McDonald want out so they can nationalise Rail, Steel etc....they can't do that under EU rules. Corby not said this on Andrew Marr. (He said "the EU has rules on state aid"... but it was clear what he meant)

This is one of the main reasons why Dennis Skinner wants out of the EU as well. "

good idea i think...its about time we stopped these companies ripping us off

The Council of Elrond

Labour were in government from 1997 -2010 UK level

Scottish Labour 1999 -2007

So Labour had to power to back all things back into public hands and never done it

here is the latest from Labour

Scottish Labour branch want the SNP to pay the equal pay strange as hell as Labour ran Glasgow city council for 40+ years and did nothing for the equal pay yet they get booted out of the council now its all SNP fault good one eh

Also Scottish Labour branch maybe next leader saying the SNP should set up a fund to pay out the contract for the PFI's that wait for it Labour brought in

Do Labour take the blame for anything ? Or is it straight out the Tory book to say wasn't us

Again wonder why Labour are no where near the government in Scotland ? Its because they assholes cant be trusted

Labour are playing a very canny stategy re Brexit....morally poor but strategically the only way ahead is to let the opposition make all the "mistakes"

It is interesting to see the Govt in both Westminster and Holyrood fall apart and stumble as well, we all know No one has any idea where all this will end up in 3yrs time

The Council of Elrond

"Labour are playing a very canny stategy re Brexit....morally poor but strategically the only way ahead is to let the opposition make all the "mistakes"

It is interesting to see the Govt in both Westminster and Holyrood fall apart and stumble as well, we all know No one has any idea where all this will end up in 3yrs time "

Holyrood fall apart? Yeah sounds about right for unionists that they seem very happy for Holyrood to fail just to get the SNP out of government

Is it not interesting to see that Labour its supporters can not tell anyone if its Labour policy to be IN or OUT of the single market after 2021?

Also the die hard Labour supporters would only open their eyes to see how piss poor Labour actually are and challenge them instead of letting them away with things and lying to people.

So in Scotland Labour want the SNP government to pay out the contract on the PFI's that Labour brought in

Then you have Scottish Labour say they will address the gender pay gap. Labour councils in Glasgow fought this for ten years running up a huge legal bill.

Now being fixed by the SNP.

Then there is this shite!!

Labour claim university students in Wales getting the best deal anywhere in the UK LMAO!!!!!!!

Thick as mince Labour are because in Scotland tuition fee's are free where as in Wales students have to pay and yes Labour Labour voted AGAINST abolition of fees in Wales where they have been in government for 20 yrs

See instead of putting Holyrood down you might do well back our government in Scotland where they are doing far damn well better than the rest of the UK

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Very peculiar conclusion op, based on the available evidence - what biases influenced thr thinking, it's reasonable to ponder. This was for the duration of their limited conference time I'm guessing.

Conference following the surprise snap election when the conservatives lost their majority - following the Labour party publication of a much more detailed manifesto than the government . In the few weeks since such detail, the conference can further flesh out those proposals that won them votes, whilst the government lost.

The party election results appear to have shifted May away from a hard Brexit stance - so their influence is there.

Perhaps the op should be a member of Labour and influence them from within, if they have such grave concern. It's also early days for the conference, so they can enjoy the rest whilst remaining committed to ensure that Labour is steered towards fuller success in future, whilst the op devotes their energy to winning recognition for sure ting the partys future success - as well as saving this great nation from catastrophic hard brexit.

The Council of Elrond

[Removed by poster at 27/09/17 01:00:13]

The Council of Elrond

"Very peculiar conclusion op, based on the available evidence - what biases influenced thr thinking, it's reasonable to ponder. This was for the duration of their limited conference time I'm guessing.

Conference following the surprise snap election when the conservatives lost their majority - following the Labour party publication of a much more detailed manifesto than the government . In the few weeks since such detail, the conference can further flesh out those proposals that won them votes, whilst the government lost.

The party election results appear to have shifted May away from a hard Brexit stance - so their influence is there.

Perhaps the op should be a member of Labour and influence them from within, if they have such grave concern. It's also early days for the conference, so they can enjoy the rest whilst remaining committed to ensure that Labour is steered towards fuller success in future, whilst the op devotes their energy to winning recognition for sure ting the partys future success - as well as saving this great nation from catastrophic hard brexit. "

Me a member of Labour lmao!! not a chance in hell Labour have had 100 years to deliver Home Rule to Scotland and guess what Scotland is still waiting for Home Rule

Am guessing you didnt hear May say after 2021 the UK will leave the EU and that also means no membership of the single market therefore there is your hard brexit

Am guessing you haven't seen many Labour members that went to the conference were pretty pissed off that there was NO discussion or vote on brexit

I will call it as a isee it Labour are pussies and sitting on the fence and they claim this is a government in waiting my arse!!!!!

Also this is how brain dead Labour is So Mr Khan London mayor saying London should have a special deal for brexit all because wait for it ..... London voted remain lmao

So he wants a region to get a deal on brexit but doesnt give a damn that two countries in the UK voted remain and wont get a deal

That Labour for you thick as mince thank fuck they are not in government in Scotland and thank fuck nor is the Tories England need to weake the fuck up and see Labour , Tory and UKIP is fucking ruining the UK and they dont care its all about their gravy train

The Council of Elrond

Wed 27th Sept 2017

Its official its Groundhog Day

Today we have Anas Sarwar saying if he wins and becomes Scottish Labour leader his Scottish Labour will not be a branch office

Now no one find it strange because Jeremy Corbyn and Kezia Dugdale claimed the signed a document that no one saw btw that said Scottish Labour were autonomous now if that was a legally binding document that Corbyn and Kezia signed then why oh why would Anas Sarwar be saying under him Scottish Labour wont be a branch office

Ladies and Gentleman i give you the Labour party thick as mince and treat the voters as if they are fucking stupid and cant work things out

How many more times do Scottish people have to hear that lie from Scottish Labour claiming they are a party but strange thing is they are not registered as a party in Scotland

Oh your hatred of a party that has delivered the NHS the welfare state the minimum wage etc,is to be pitied unless your just an old fashioned Tory but Your blind following of a party that sells itself out to bigots and racists ? ...The bile you drip is corrosive to your soul, I do hope your just a troll if not........Oooh scary scary that you walk the streets

The Council of Elrond

"Oh your hatred of a party that has delivered the NHS the welfare state the minimum wage etc,is to be pitied unless your just an old fashioned Tory but Your blind following of a party that sells itself out to bigots and racists ? ...The bile you drip is corrosive to your soul, I do hope your just a troll if not........Oooh scary scary that you walk the streets "

I don't hate Labour i just wish they would have the balls to challenge the Tories.

Are you really calling SNP supporters racist and bigots? Is this the anti-English shite again? Come on get past that shit i have English family fucking love them to bits.

You are blind that if you cannot see Labour in Scotland are fucking shite i ask you where is Home Rule ? Remember the one thing Keir Hardie fought for when he started Labour ? He would be spinning in his grave

More news today that makes Scottish Labour look fucking embarrassing is Kezia Dugdale says ''if anyone thinks lack of notice to Alex Rowley of her quitting speaks to "internal problems" in party - "they'd be right"

So Kezia quitting was all bullshit she got sacked read between the lines to what she is saying that there is internal problems within Labour and anyone that can't see it and thinks Labour are all sunshine and rainbows is in big time denial.

Can anyone name the list of devolved powers Labour wanted to give Scotland in the Smith Commission? I know Labour supporters are shite feart to name a list of powers that they wanted to be devolved why because they were not willing to offer any powers to Scotland that's how much Labour give a damn about Scotland hell the Labour leader is showing his age that he cant work the fuck out Scotland has a different legal system and has its own laws tut tut!! Seems Corbyn has no clue about Scotland

Also, i see he has said he will come to Scotland every month again just like he did in 2015 yet that was a fucking lie cause he didn't keep that.

But oh no lets not challenge the unionist parties and their branch offices lets let them get away with and do not challenge them

The Council of Elrond

Kezia Dugdale on 5 Live says her resignation "speaks to a lot of internal problems in Lab Party." "Frees me up 2 say what I think on Brexit

The fact Kezia couldn't speak up as Scottish Labour leader just goes to confirm it's branch office status

Remember Kezia and Corbyn both signed a document to say Scottish Labour were autonomous. So why wasnt Kezia free to have her say then?

Labour are piss poor

"Oh your hatred of a party that has delivered the NHS the welfare state the minimum wage etc,is to be pitied unless your just an old fashioned Tory but Your blind following of a party that sells itself out to bigots and racists ? ...The bile you drip is corrosive to your soul, I do hope your just a troll if not........Oooh scary scary that you walk the streets "

Pls can you elaborate on your comment about bigots and racists ? As far as im aware the only bigots in scotland are unionists

Cambridge

"Oh your hatred of a party that has delivered the NHS the welfare state the minimum wage etc,is to be pitied unless your just an old fashioned Tory but Your blind following of a party that sells itself out to bigots and racists ? ...The bile you drip is corrosive to your soul, I do hope your just a troll if not........Oooh scary scary that you walk the streets

Pls can you elaborate on your comment about bigots and racists ? As far as im aware the only bigots in scotland are unionists "

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

"They don't need to !

Made Corbyn Electsble "

It was the vote for BEREXIT back in June 2016 that did that. If the Conservatives can't be trusted to be economically pragmatic then there really is no reason to vote for them any more al all. This means they're only going to get the votes of people who have reasons not to vote for others. On that bases no election can won. In effect a vote for BREXIT was a vote for a Corbyn Labour government but BREXITers can't even see that.

Widnes

"Oh your hatred of a party that has delivered the NHS the welfare state the minimum wage etc,is to be pitied unless your just an old fashioned Tory but Your blind following of a party that sells itself out to bigots and racists ? ...The bile you drip is corrosive to your soul, I do hope your just a troll if not........Oooh scary scary that you walk the streets

Pls can you elaborate on your comment about bigots and racists ? As far as im aware the only bigots in scotland are unionists "

Personally I think that anyone who thinks that complex problems can be solved by defining yourself as specially different from some other 'other' is showing signs of a nationalist superiority complex, which quite often leads them into behaving like and making bigoted comments. I apply that equally to BREXITers and (Scot) Nationalists. If something is wrong we should all work together to try and fix it. It's really quite insular, and bordering on bigoted, to only want to solve it for yourselves but leave the 'others' to suffer.

Cannock

"They don't need to !

Made Corbyn Electsble

It was the vote for BEREXIT back in June 2016 that did that. If the Conservatives can't be trusted to be economically pragmatic then there really is no reason to vote for them any more al all. This means they're only going to get the votes of people who have reasons not to vote for others. On that bases no election can won. In effect a vote for BREXIT was a vote for a Corbyn Labour government but BREXITers can't even see that."

Complete nonsense. The Conservatives just won a general election and beat Corbyn. Now the Conservatives have taken the Brexit vote on board they got more votes than Cameron ever did, attracting many ukip voters to vote Conservative on top of its already loyal Conservative base vote.

The more young people that vote the more chance Labour will win next time.

They face a life of renting from landlords who do not maintain places or cannot wait to get them out so they can charge more.

Low paid jobs, no council houses (sold to people who had no right to buy..one of the worst things to happen in this country)

Its simple..a case of right and wrong or good over evil.....you want riots, recession, higher taxes (poll tax, vat, student loans etc etc)

If you care about your kids living at least some sort of decent life and a NHS we can be proud of give the guy a chance!

Or go look at your bank balance, close your curtains, lock your door and fuck everyone else..vote Tory!!

"The more young people that vote the more chance Labour will win next time.

They face a life of renting from landlords who do not maintain places or cannot wait to get them out so they can charge more.

Low paid jobs, no council houses (sold to people who had no right to buy..one of the worst things to happen in this country)

Its simple..a case of right and wrong or good over evil.....you want riots, recession, higher taxes (poll tax, vat, student loans etc etc)

If you care about your kids living at least some sort of decent life and a NHS we can be proud of give the guy a chance!

Or go look at your bank balance, close your curtains, lock your door and fuck everyone else..vote Tory!!"

Well said .The future of my children is reliant on the demise of the tory party.The next generation has a bleak future otherwise.We need millions of affordable homes and free education and an NHS fit for purpose.

Pls can you elaborate on your comment about bigots and racists ? As far as im aware the only bigots in scotland are unionists

Personally I think that anyone who thinks that complex problems can be solved by defining yourself as specially different from some other 'other' is showing signs of a nationalist superiority complex, which quite often leads them into behaving like and making bigoted comments. I apply that equally to BREXITers and (Scot) Nationalists. If something is wrong we should all work together to try and fix it. It's really quite insular, and bordering on bigoted, to only want to solve it for yourselves but leave the 'others' to suffer."

Specialty different?.

So what! We are different, were not Japanese, were not Russian, were not Chinese, were not African.... Were British and last time I looked we are different for that very reason, were even different than language speaking ex colonies like Australia and the USA.

You don't have to be a Nazi to love your nationality and frankly this constant tone that's banded about being a right wing white supremacist for doing so is childish

Cannock

Or go look at your bank balance, close your curtains, lock your door and fuck everyone else..vote Tory!! Well said .The future of my children is reliant on the demise of the tory party.The next generation has a bleak future otherwise.We need millions of affordable homes and free education and an NHS fit for purpose. "

The Labour guy on BBC Question Time last night was saying to pay for all Labours plans their answer is to borrow, borrow and borrow some more (Dennis Skinner said it at the Labour conference too). We are talking borrowing hundreds of billions here, getting the country into even more debt than we are already in. That is no solid basis for anyone's future. Plus Mad McDonnal the shadow chancellor is making contingency plans for business leaving the country and a run on the pound, should Labour get into government it will destroy this country.

Cambridge

Or go look at your bank balance, close your curtains, lock your door and fuck everyone else..vote Tory!! Well said .The future of my children is reliant on the demise of the tory party.The next generation has a bleak future otherwise.We need millions of affordable homes and free education and an NHS fit for purpose.

The Labour guy on BBC Question Time last night was saying to pay for all Labours plans their answer is to borrow, borrow and borrow some more (Dennis Skinner said it at the Labour conference too). We are talking borrowing hundreds of billions here, getting the country into even more debt than we are already in. That is no solid basis for anyone's future. Plus Mad McDonnal the shadow chancellor is making contingency plans for business leaving the country and a run on the pound, should Labour get into government it will destroy this country. "

But won't we be loads richer after Brexit? No need to borrow then, just spend spend spend the extra.

Or go look at your bank balance, close your curtains, lock your door and fuck everyone else..vote Tory!! Well said .The future of my children is reliant on the demise of the tory party.The next generation has a bleak future otherwise.We need millions of affordable homes and free education and an NHS fit for purpose.

The Labour guy on BBC Question Time last night was saying to pay for all Labours plans their answer is to borrow, borrow and borrow some more (Dennis Skinner said it at the Labour conference too). We are talking borrowing hundreds of billions here, getting the country into even more debt than we are already in. That is no solid basis for anyone's future. Plus Mad McDonnal the shadow chancellor is making contingency plans for business leaving the country and a run on the pound, should Labour get into government it will destroy this country. "

Doh Homer

Fuck the poor the young the old. Lets try getting in to see a doctor. waiting for a opp. More people homeless than ever before. your kids never being able to buy a house.

companys never paying there tax when we have to.

your right fuck everybody..so long as we are ok.

tired of the lies, tired of big pay increases to those who dont need it.

lets just carry on as we are after all we are doing so well

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

The Labour guy on BBC Question Time last night was saying to pay for all Labours plans their answer is to borrow, borrow and borrow some more (Dennis Skinner said it at the Labour conference too). We are talking borrowing hundreds of billions here, getting the country into even more debt than we are already in. That is no solid basis for anyone's future. Plus Mad McDonnal the shadow chancellor is making contingency plans for business leaving the country and a run on the pound, should Labour get into government it will destroy this country.

Fuck the poor the young the old. Lets try getting in to see a doctor. waiting for a opp. More people homeless than ever before. your kids never being able to buy a house.

companys never paying there tax when we have to.

your right fuck everybody..so long as we are ok.

tired of the lies, tired of big pay increases to those who dont need it.

lets just carry on as we are after all we are doing so well "

couldn't agree more well said

Get the tories out we're going nowhere with them there's days

People want change there a bunch of cunts just for the rich

There crucifying is

"By 2020 the government will have borrowed more and increased the national debt by the total borrowing of all Labour governments."

Jeremy Corbyn, 1 March 2017

It’s right if you add up the expected budget deficit from 2010 to 2020, including both the Coalition and the Conservative government.

That comes to some £870 billion. This is well over the combined borrowing of Labour governments since 1945, around £490 billion.

"By 2020 the government will have borrowed more and increased the national debt by the total borrowing of all Labour governments."

It’s right if you add up the expected budget deficit from 2010 to 2020, including both the Coalition and the Conservative government.

That comes to some £870 billion. This is well over the combined borrowing of Labour governments since 1945, around £490 billion."

Hey you Bob don't be quoting facts to Homer ...they go in one ear and out the other as there's nothing in between to catch them

Cannock

That comes to some £870 billion. This is well over the combined borrowing of Labour governments since 1945, around £490 billion."

Did you hear Dennis Skinner's speech at the Labour party conference or the Labour guy on BBC Question Time last night? The Labour party want to borrow hundreds of billions of pounds extra in the space of a year or less to fulfill their manifesto promises.

Is this the part where people pretend a country borrowing money is analogous to a person borrowing money?

Cos that's always fun.

You keep on mentioning borrowing. Maybe I am wrong but have the tories not borrowed.

What about the other points.

We live in a 3rd world country thanks to them.

Even the roads are better in Asia etc.

The young will vote him in. Who can blame them.

Things are changing and I for one are happy

Cannock

"You keep on mentioning borrowing. Maybe I am wrong but have the tories not borrowed.

Things are changing and I for one are happy"

You'll have a long wait because then next general election isn't until 2022. Oh and it's Angela Merkel who has tried to turn Europe into the 3rd world by throwing the doors open to all of the 3rd world when she stupidly said "all welcome here". Now she is paying the price at the polls in Germany for that incredibly dumb decision.

Bournemouth

"You keep on mentioning borrowing. Maybe I am wrong but have the tories not borrowed.

Me to homers always moaning about labours expenditures it's nothing on the tories

Thank god next election they will be out can't come quick enough

Like you say things are changing please tell homer that

Bournemouth

Things are changing and I for one are happy

You'll have a long wait because then next general election isn't until 2022. Oh and it's Angela Merkel who has tried to turn Europe into the 3rd world by throwing the doors open to all of the 3rd world when she stupidly said "all welcome here". Now she is paying the price at the polls in Germany for that incredibly dumb decision. "

exactly the same as may she did a fantastic job if her last election doh

Oh yes the Tories borrow like theres no tommorow. What's important is where you spend the money.

Everybody is concerned about GDP and economic growth and national debt. They forget a fair and more equal society is a better measure of a country than its GDP.

" Oh and it's Angela Merkel who has tried to turn Europe into the 3rd world by throwing the doors open to all of the 3rd world when she stupidly said "all welcome here". "

Remember, fear the outsider.

[Removed by poster at 29/09/17 18:22:51]

By *imiUKMan  over a year ago

Newbury

See: Dennis Skinners speech re: Borrowing. He makes a very valid point about both borrowing and the state of the country today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VplY-KF2IHs

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

The way things are going, we might as well all get used to the fact that barring a miracle, Jeremy Corbyn will be the next Prime Minister.

For years, people have cried out for meaningful change and he will deliver that - whether it suits us or not.

The only thing that can possibly stop him is a miraculous Brexit turnaround whereby the Maybot leads the country through the Brexit minefield and into a Utopia on the other side - chances of that... pretty much zero.

The really scary thought is that come the next election, the country is highly likely to be in a perilous economic position outside of the EU with record borrowings and a shrinking economy - just in time for a high spending Labour Govt to step in and play a very high risk game of "investing" (spending) to kick the infrastructure economy back into life. If that fails - we all need to start apologising to our kids and grandkids and acting very humble.

I agree.

Three day weeks ressions..all while a tory government was in power.

It's so dark in here..let's open the curtains and let some light in!!! The other way has failed

"The way things are going, we might as well all get used to the fact that barring a miracle, Jeremy Corbyn will be the next Prime Minister.

For years, people have cried out for meaningful change and he will deliver that - whether it suits us or not.

The only thing that can possibly stop him is a miraculous Brexit turnaround whereby the Maybot leads the country through the Brexit minefield and into a Utopia on the other side - chances of that... pretty much zero.

The really scary thought is that come the next election, the country is highly likely to be in a perilous economic position outside of the EU with record borrowings and a shrinking economy - just in time for a high spending Labour Govt to step in and play a very high risk game of "investing" (spending) to kick the infrastructure economy back into life. If that fails - we all need to start apologising to our kids and grandkids and acting very humble. "

Well you've left them a planet that will be pretty much uninhabitable for large mammals anyhow with 30 years.... Yet somehow you only think you need to apologize for the brexit fiasco .

You don't know the half of it

Live it up people!!

Your in the end throws wether you like it or not

There's a fucking good reason why Elon musk is throwing his money at Mars missions you know? .

So long suckers

Widnes

It seems a rather bazar argument to say that the Tories are bad because they have borrowed too much since 2010 so, to solve the problem, let's borrow even more.

The fact that the Tories with their BREXIT strategy, have given up the economic pragmatic ground doesn't mean that a populist Labour solution telling the many that they'll get everything they ever wanted but only the few will have to pay is either a realistic or sensible economic policy.

The only thing I can say in Labours's favour is that if you're going to screw up the British economy it's probably better to have a well funded health service, education system and social services system for a few years while you're doing it rather than wreck it on the totally misguided belief that not trading as freely as possible with our biggest, richest and closest trading partners in favour of smaller, poorer and further away partners is going to do anything other than make us all poorer.

However, when the money runs out and, like Greece now and Britain in 1976, we have to go cap-in-hand to the IMF the real austerity will start, and that will be real cuts in actual money, just like in 1976, to all services and benefits including the NHS, education and social services.

It's a bloody shit choice to have to make but that's what you get when you let populists, with their divisive talk of elites and others taking advantage, take over the two main UK political parties.

Widnes

"There's a fucking good reason why Elon musk is throwing his money at Mars missions you know? .

So long suckers"

Apparently the swinging seen's not that great on Mars and the social parties their lack any real atmosphere. Maybe Venus would be better, I've heard things get pretty hot there.

"There's a fucking good reason why Elon musk is throwing his money at Mars missions you know? .

So long suckers

Apparently the swinging seen's not that great on Mars and the social parties their lack any real atmosphere. Maybe Venus would be better, I've heard things get pretty hot there.

"

Alas Venus has already got the results of heavy climate change and that's no good for humans, we need to go to a planet with hardly any climate so we can ramp it up a little

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"Very peculiar conclusion op, based on the available evidence - what biases influenced thr thinking, it's reasonable to ponder. This was for the duration of their limited conference time I'm guessing.

Perhaps the op should be a member of Labour and influence them from within, if they have such grave concern. It's also early days for the conference, so they can enjoy the rest whilst remaining committed to ensure that Labour is steered towards fuller success in future, whilst the op devotes their energy to winning recognition for sure ting the partys future success - as well as saving this great nation from catastrophic hard brexit.

Me a member of Labour lmao!! not a chance in hell Labour have had 100 years to deliver Home Rule to Scotland and guess what Scotland is still waiting for Home Rule

Am guessing you didnt hear May say after 2021 the UK will leave the EU and that also means no membership of the single market therefore there is your hard brexit

Am guessing you haven't seen many Labour members that went to the conference were pretty pissed off that there was NO discussion or vote on brexit

I will call it as a isee it Labour are pussies and sitting on the fence and they claim this is a government in waiting my arse!!!!!

Also this is how brain dead Labour is So Mr Khan London mayor saying London should have a special deal for brexit all because wait for it ..... London voted remain lmao

So he wants a region to get a deal on brexit but doesnt give a damn that two countries in the UK voted remain and wont get a deal

That Labour for you thick as mince thank fuck they are not in government in Scotland and thank fuck nor is the Tories England need to weake the fuck up and see Labour , Tory and UKIP is fucking ruining the UK and they dont care its all about their gravy train

"

And yet your pan seems to reflect them leaving May as another busted flush. The Conservatives seem to be doing very well at sinking their own ship and Labour using their own influence wisely.

» Add a new message to this topic