FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Mineral extraction from Afghanistan

Mineral extraction from Afghanistan

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Trump may be staying in Afghanistan due to the trillions that can be made there from mineral extraction. If this is the case woukd it mean looting the mineral wealth like what goes on in Africa?

Blood diamonds

Blood lithium

the mineral wealth of the country should benefit their citizens and hopefully bring peace and prosperity to Afghanistan not the USA

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Afghanistan if its smart wont allow its country to be plundered of its resources the way the African continent has been.

Its impoverished and is ripe for plucking.Of course theyll promise the earth to the Afghani people and leave them with just the dirt.

It's a catch 22.

Who's going to borrow money to Afghanistan to pay for the infrastructure required to mine the resources?.

They need somebody to come in and do the leg work, which company in their right mind would lay hundreds of millions setting up only to see the next set of crazies take power!.

Answer..... Foreign governments?

It's not always their sole motive but it's usually a nice sweetener back hand for any politician that goes along with it.

Trump or Clinton

Why do you think there all there !!!!...these so called governments fighting terror

"It's a catch 22.

Who's going to borrow money to Afghanistan to pay for the infrastructure required to mine the resources?.

They need somebody to come in and do the leg work, which company in their right mind would lay hundreds of millions setting up only to see the next set of crazies take power!.

It's not always their sole motive but it's usually a nice sweetener back hand for any politician that goes along with it.

Trump or Clinton"

I accept that they need infrastructure and expertise , but only if the Afghans get a good deal out of it, and employment

"It's a catch 22.

Trump or Clinton

I accept that they need infrastructure and expertise , but only if the Afghans get a good deal out of it, and employment "

That's the devil in the detail though.

It makes the difference between something good and being exploited

"It's a catch 22.

Trump or Clinton

I accept that they need infrastructure and expertise , but only if the Afghans get a good deal out of it, and employment "

You cant trust Trump hes already said he would take the iraqi oil to reimburse the usa for the cost of the war.

Here's what he said last year.

“We go in, we spend $3tn, we lose thousands and thousands of lives, and then … what happens is we get nothing. You know, it used to be to the victor belong the spoils.”

“You’re not stealing anything,” Trump said. “We’re reimbursing ourselves … at a minimum, and I say more. We’re taking back $1.5tn to reimburse ourselves.”

If the Afghanis let the usa in they deserve to lose the lot..

"It's a catch 22.

Trump or Clinton

I accept that they need infrastructure and expertise , but only if the Afghans get a good deal out of it, and employment You cant trust Trump hes already said he would take the iraqi oil to reimburse the usa for the cost of the war.

“We go in, we spend $3tn, we lose thousands and thousands of lives, and then … what happens is we get nothing. You know, it used to be to the victor belong the spoils.”

“You’re not stealing anything,” Trump said. “We’re reimbursing ourselves … at a minimum, and I say more. We’re taking back $1.5tn to reimburse ourselves.”

If the Afghanis let the usa in they deserve to lose the lot.."

But the Americans caused the war...Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 its was myth and an excuse to plunder there country of oil....the same way as they will in Afgan....google which company benefitted the most from it

"It's a catch 22.

Trump or Clinton

I accept that they need infrastructure and expertise , but only if the Afghans get a good deal out of it, and employment You cant trust Trump hes already said he would take the iraqi oil to reimburse the usa for the cost of the war.

"

Jesus wept, what a fucking halfwit.

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

If you look at the history of Afghanistan they seem pretty good at getting rid of foreign invaders and puppet administrations - maybe the Chinese approach is actually more effective - invest but don't interfere too much with the internal politics.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Very internet type type views on this thread

"If you look at the history of Afghanistan they seem pretty good at getting rid of foreign invaders and puppet administrations - maybe the Chinese approach is actually more effective - invest but don't interfere too much with the internal politics."
You are correct the Chinese play a better game.Afghanistan is known as the graveyard of empire's.

"If you look at the history of Afghanistan they seem pretty good at getting rid of foreign invaders and puppet administrations - maybe the Chinese approach is actually more effective - invest but don't interfere too much with the internal politics. You are correct the Chinese play a better game.Afghanistan is known as the graveyard of empire's. "

Not really.

The Islamic empire seems to have had a good grip on it for awhile

"If you look at the history of Afghanistan they seem pretty good at getting rid of foreign invaders and puppet administrations - maybe the Chinese approach is actually more effective - invest but don't interfere too much with the internal politics. You are correct the Chinese play a better game.Afghanistan is known as the graveyard of empire's. .

Not really.

The Islamic empire seems to have had a good grip on it for awhile"

and it no longer exists.But your right it held power the longest

"If you look at the history of Afghanistan they seem pretty good at getting rid of foreign invaders and puppet administrations - maybe the Chinese approach is actually more effective - invest but don't interfere too much with the internal politics. You are correct the Chinese play a better game.Afghanistan is known as the graveyard of empire's. .

Not really.

The Islamic empire seems to have had a good grip on it for awhile and it no longer exists.But your right it held power the longest "

That's the other issue, will the afghans in charge of the country be approved by the Americans, and will corruption be under firm control. I doubt it will be a happy ending

"It's a catch 22.

Trump or Clinton

Exactly, an investment with good returns and all parties happy.

Not really.

The Islamic empire seems to have had a good grip on it for awhile"

In all fairness, its a lot easier to hold sway over a terriory if the conquorer and conquored hold the same or similar theocratic societal systems.

Far harder for westernised culture and people to take hold there now.

Prior to the the islamic high period, afghanistan was largely unmanageable by occupiers due to terrain and sparse resources. The hellenic kingdoms failed, the sassanids and other pre-islamic persians usually had the area as an autotominous client state.

The chinese pretty much replicate this system, have a people pay lip service to them, cover some expensive head costs, agree to stay out of internal politics as much as possible, take a cut off the top.

Works well for cost benifit analysis, but too early to see whether it'll result in permenant modernisation

It was Buddhist before Islam conquered it and last time I looked it's still Islamic so....

"It was Buddhist before Islam conquered it and last time I looked it's still Islamic so.... "

I remember the giant Buddha statues carved from a rock face that were blown up by the taliban...

All history now but back to 5he present, i don't trust the usa in giving good deals for them

"It was Buddhist before Islam conquered it and last time I looked it's still Islamic so....

I remember the giant Buddha statues carved from a rock face that were blown up by the taliban...

All history now but back to 5he present, i don't trust the usa in giving good deals for them"

I don't either to be honest

"It was Buddhist before Islam conquered it and last time I looked it's still Islamic so....

All history now but back to 5he present, i don't trust the usa in giving good deals for them.

I don't either to be honest "

They most likely wont, and that will probably lay fresh ground work for some kind of Jihadi group being able to recruit disenfranchised individuals.

A quick Google tells me all the rare earth minerals are in helmand province which is controlled by the taliban. Good luck with that.

The cooper and the iron ore isnt easy to extract.I think trump is getting bad advice if he thinks there's is a trillion in minerals in the country just laying about to be picked up.

"A quick Google tells me all the rare earth minerals are in helmand province which is controlled by the taliban. Good luck with that.

The cooper and the iron ore isnt easy to extract.I think trump is getting bad advice if he thinks there's is a trillion in minerals in the country just laying about to be picked up. "

I think it was quite well known Bob there where lots of minerals in the country...and tbh that's why all the countries are there like us and the Americans....

"A quick Google tells me all the rare earth minerals are in helmand province which is controlled by the taliban. Good luck with that.

The cooper and the iron ore isnt easy to extract.I think trump is getting bad advice if he thinks there's is a trillion in minerals in the country just laying about to be picked up.

I think it was quite well known Bob there where lots of minerals in the country...and tbh that's why all the countries are there like us and the Americans...."

There nearly all NATO or UN troops these days.

Only the USA has any reasonable amount of forces left

I think it was quite well known Bob there where lots of minerals in the country...and tbh that's why all the countries are there like us and the Americans...."

The gas pipeline from Turkmenistan to India through Afghanistan and pakistan was a good reason for regime change.It will be completed soon.

The usa has been trying for decades to get oil and gas piplines through. They offered the taliban "a carpet of gold or a carpet of bomb."

They choose the bombs. .

» Add a new message to this topic