FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > US / UK Potential Future Trade Deal

US / UK Potential Future Trade Deal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Much has been said about the US "offering" (lol) the UK a great trade deal post Brexit because..... Well because.

I can't help but wonder at how strong the UK negotiating position is going to be when the US Govt has just whacked 300% tariffs on Babardier aircraft and jeopardised thousands of jobs in N Ireland.

There may be justifiable reasons that Boeing feels hard about, but notwithstanding this, where was the willingness of the US to engage with Canada and the UK before taking such punitive and extreme action? I can't help but be reminded of the guy who stated that an isolated United Kingdom would be inviting opportunist vultures to pick over its carcass. I wonder too if the fantasy of the great US/UK trade deal is nothing more than a fantasy that exists in the minds of people who should know better.

This one incident is of course not Brexit related, but what an indication of what kind of world is out there. Boeing struggle to beat up Airbus, but crappy little Bomardier are a much easier target.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

North West

Bombardier lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I dont think uk will get a good deal lol.

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

It's ok OP. May says she is going to start a trade war with the US

Vince also said uk will be bullied by them. I agree.

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Boeing have a lot of history in trying to "get one over their rivals".

They succeeded in having Aerobus removed from a tender to supply refuelling planes to the USAF, totally against the terms of the tender procedure. They have a lot of influential people in Washington, and will willingly use them to bend and manipulate rules.

I doubt that you'll find one Airplane manufacturer that doesn't operate with subsidies. The thing with Boeing, is that they hide theirs in the many defence contracts that they have other the US Government.

What makes this move even more surprising, is the Canadian Government's plan to buy eighteen F-18 Super Hornets jet fighters from Boeing. A deal that may well now be dead in the water, as Justin Trudeau recently said " why should we buy something from someone that is trying to sue us!"

Incidentally, the proposed tariffs are 220% and not 300%.

"Boeing have a lot of history in trying to "get one over their rivals".

They succeeded in having Aerobus removed from a tender to supply refuelling planes to the USAF, totally against the terms of the tender procedure. They have a lot of influential people in Washington, and will willingly use them to bend and manipulate rules.

I doubt that you'll find one Airplane manufacturer that doesn't operate with subsidies. The thing with Boeing, is that they hide theirs in the many defence contracts that they have other the US Government.

What makes this move even more surprising, is the Canadian Government's plan to buy eighteen F-18 Super Hornets jet fighters from Boeing. A deal that may well now be dead in the water, as Justin Trudeau recently said " why should we buy something from someone that is trying to sue us!"

Incidentally, the proposed tariffs are 220% and not 300%."

I wonder just how many more industries in the USA will take the stance Boeing has ....i said on another post....just goes to show that we DO have a special relationship with them (Not)....and anyone thinks we will get a trade free deal or even a better deal than we have now is just plain deluded like the motley crew we have attempting to negotiate now with the EU

North West

"Boeing have a lot of history in trying to "get one over their rivals".

Incidentally, the proposed tariffs are 220% and not 300%."

I thought it was 299% but you are right, it is 219%. Not that it makes it any more palatable.

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Much has been said about the US "offering" (lol) the UK a great trade deal post Brexit because..... Well because.

I can't help but wonder at how strong the UK negotiating position is going to be when the US Govt has just whacked 300% tariffs on Babardier aircraft and jeopardised thousands of jobs in N Ireland.

There may be justifiable reasons that Boeing feels hard about, but notwithstanding this, where was the willingness of the US to engage with Canada and the UK before taking such punitive and extreme action? I can't help but be reminded of the guy who stated that an isolated United Kingdom would be inviting opportunist vultures to pick over its carcass. I wonder too if the fantasy of the great US/UK trade deal is nothing more than a fantasy that exists in the minds of people who should know better.

This one incident is of course not Brexit related, but what an indication of what kind of world is out there. Boeing struggle to beat up Airbus, but crappy little Bomardier are a much easier target."

It will be worse if at all than we have now with this bunch of idiots trying to arrange anything to do with brexit

may and her merry men are in the road to nowhere

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

be interesting to see who may goes after in the "donald trump vs arlene foster" battle....

didn't i keep hearing from "certain" people on here that the US would do us a super trade deal..... because this is certainly looking like the "america first" policy that the rest of us were telling people what would happen....

so... let centaur (oops) try and spin this!!!!

"be interesting to see who may goes after in the "donald trump vs arlene foster" battle....

didn't i keep hearing from "certain" people on here that the US would do us a super trade deal..... because this is certainly looking like the "america first" policy that the rest of us were telling people what would happen....

so... let centaur (oops) try and spin this!!!! "

Oh dear not working out the way he thought is it really....Doh

By *oxychick35Couple  over a year ago

thornaby

"be interesting to see who may goes after in the "donald trump vs arlene foster" battle....

so... let centaur (oops) try and spin this!!!! "

. Fabio you always seem to go on about trump saying America first can you name a leader that doesn't put his or her country first that's why they are voted in

[Removed by poster at 28/09/17 22:19:15]

so... let centaur (oops) try and spin this!!!! . Fabio you always seem to go on about trump saying America first can you name a leader that doesn't put his or her country first that's why they are voted in "

He might not be able to but in can

Mrs MAY

Cambridge

so... let centaur (oops) try and spin this!!!! . Fabio you always seem to go on about trump saying America first can you name a leader that doesn't put his or her country first that's why they are voted in "

I think the point is that Brexiters say that Trump will give the UK a great trade deal, better than say Clinton would have, however instead, Trump believes in putting America's interest first, not Britain's.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

Oh dear not working out the way he thought is it really....Doh "

You and Fabio seem to have developed some weird kind of obsession with me constantly referring to me on your posts. Anyway as the OP said this story has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit and is completely unrelated to Brexit, this would've still happened had we remained in the EU.

Cannock

so... let centaur (oops) try and spin this!!!! . Fabio you always seem to go on about trump saying America first can you name a leader that doesn't put his or her country first that's why they are voted in

I think the point is that Brexiters say that Trump will give the UK a great trade deal, better than say Clinton would have, however instead, Trump believes in putting America's interest first, not Britain's. "

This trade dispute is being settled by an international arbitration system. That's how these things are settled and the ruling must be accepted.

You and Fabio seem to have developed some weird kind of obsession with me constantly referring to me on your posts. Anyway as the OP said this story has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit and is completely unrelated to Brexit, this would've still happened had we remained in the EU. "

Its to do with free trade deals HOMER the ones you have been banging on about after brexit....gosh step up to the plate Homer

Cambridge

You and Fabio seem to have developed some weird kind of obsession with me constantly referring to me on your posts. Anyway as the OP said this story has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit and is completely unrelated to Brexit, this would've still happened had we remained in the EU. "

It's because your posts are hilarious Centaur! Nearly all the die hard crazy Brexiters have slowly disappeared, skulking off into oblivion as they can no longer face trying to defend the unmitigated disaster that is Brexit. You on the other hand, so far at least, have stood like King Canute trying to hold back the tide of lies, disappointment and broken promises of Brexit.

Cannock

You and Fabio seem to have developed some weird kind of obsession with me constantly referring to me on your posts. Anyway as the OP said this story has absolutely nothing to do with Brexit and is completely unrelated to Brexit, this would've still happened had we remained in the EU.

Its to do with free trade deals HOMER the ones you have been banging on about after brexit....gosh step up to the plate Homer "

Even the OP acknowledged this has nothing to do with Brexit. You're obsessed. As someone else said on another thread earlier, your village appears to be missing you.

Its to do with free trade deals HOMER the ones you have been banging on about after brexit....gosh step up to the plate Homer

Even the OP acknowledged this has nothing to do with Brexit. You're obsessed. As someone else said on another thread earlier, your village appears to be missing you. "

Its got everything to do with it....it highlights the so called free trade deals your banging on about....220% tariff dosent seem free to me...come on Homer you cant defend this

Cannock

It's because your posts are hilarious Centaur! Nearly all the die hard crazy Brexiters have slowly disappeared, skulking off into oblivion as they can no longer face trying to defend the unmitigated disaster that is Brexit. You on the other hand, so far at least, have stood like King Canute trying to hold back the tide of lies, disappointment and broken promises of Brexit. "

I'm not sure which alternative universe you appear to be living in but it sure as hell doesn't seem to be this reality. Just look around the politics forum and there are still plenty of Brexit supporting posters around. People come and go on the forum all the time, I've noticed a few of the older regular Remoaners have skulked off into insignificance now and don't post here anymore. Maybe they realised what a pack of lies they were fed by the remain campaign and it finally dawned on them that we are leaving the EU and it's inevitable that we will leave, you and a few other delusionals on here still haven't reached that point yet.

By *bandjam91Couple  over a year ago

London

It's because your posts are hilarious Centaur! Nearly all the die hard crazy Brexiters have slowly disappeared, skulking off into oblivion as they can no longer face trying to defend the unmitigated disaster that is Brexit. You on the other hand, so far at least, have stood like King Canute trying to hold back the tide of lies, disappointment and broken promises of Brexit.

I'm not sure which alternative universe you appear to be living in but it sure as hell doesn't seem to be this reality. Just look around the politics forum and there are still plenty of Brexit supporting posters around. People come and go on the forum all the time, I've noticed a few of the older regular Remoaners have skulked off into insignificance now and don't post here anymore. Maybe they realised what a pack of lies they were fed by the remain campaign and it finally dawned on them that we are leaving the EU and it's inevitable that we will leave, you and a few other delusionals on here still haven't reached that point yet. "

We're still here, just stopped debating you because it's like reasoning with a five year old.

I'm not sure which alternative universe you appear to be living in but it sure as hell doesn't seem to be this reality. Just look around the politics forum and there are still plenty of Brexit supporting posters around. People come and go on the forum all the time, I've noticed a few of the older regular Remoaners have skulked off into insignificance now and don't post here anymore. Maybe they realised what a pack of lies they were fed by the remain campaign and it finally dawned on them that we are leaving the EU and it's inevitable that we will leave, you and a few other delusionals on here still haven't reached that point yet.

We're still here, just stopped debating you because it's like reasoning with a five year old."

Actually my 5 year granddaughter debates better and understands more

Cannock

We're still here, just stopped debating you because it's like reasoning with a five year old.

Actually my 5 year granddaughter debates better and understands more "

Showing your age again grandad, I already told you CLCC is ageist and doesn't like older people.

Showing your age again grandad, I already told you CLCC is ageist and doesn't like older people. "

My age is on my profile which you have looked at a few times Homer....

Nah there not....there just picky and thats there preference

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

Showing your age again grandad, I already told you CLCC is ageist and doesn't like older people. "

I don't bother replying to your posts any more because I'm too busy making posts and making comments on sites that get a much bigger ordinance than fab but also because, in the past, I believed you were a reasonable person who would listen to reasoned argument but now I believe you are just here to argue your case, regardless of the facts, and that you are not able or capable of entering into a serious discussion of the real issues that BREXIT brings up. That doesn't mean that I ever expected you to change your mind but I did, initially, think that you were the sort of person who would engage in the conversion an actually address the issues raised.

Cannock

Showing your age again grandad, I already told you CLCC is ageist and doesn't like older people.

I don't bother replying to your posts any more because I'm too busy making posts and making comments on sites that get a much bigger ordinance than fab but also because, in the past, I believed you were a reasonable person who would listen to reasoned argument but now I believe you are just here to argue your case, regardless of the facts, and that you are not able or capable of entering into a serious discussion of the real issues that BREXIT brings up. That doesn't mean that I ever expected you to change your mind but I did, initially, think that you were the sort of person who would engage in the conversion an actually address the issues raised."

You don't reply to my posts but you've just replied to my post on this thread and on another one too.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

I don't bother replying to your posts any more because I'm too busy making posts and making comments on sites that get a much bigger ordinance than fab but also because, in the past, I believed you were a reasonable person who would listen to reasoned argument but now I believe you are just here to argue your case, regardless of the facts, and that you are not able or capable of entering into a serious discussion of the real issues that BREXIT brings up. That doesn't mean that I ever expected you to change your mind but I did, initially, think that you were the sort of person who would engage in the conversion an actually address the issues raised.

You don't reply to my posts but you've just replied to my post on this thread and on another one too. "

its go to the point were people are having to correct you and whatever standpoint you have read from fox or breitbart or inforwars.....

thats why people call you out, you don't have a individual point of your own that you can actually back up in writings or from sourced articles...

case in point... the last gibberish you posted in the diane abbot thread.... which was then disproves yet again!!!

anytime you get called out by actual "fact" you never come back to a thread

You don't reply to my posts but you've just replied to my post on this thread and on another one too.

its go to the point were people are having to correct you and whatever standpoint you have read from fox or breitbart or inforwars.....

thats why people call you out, you don't have a individual point of your own that you can actually back up in writings or from sourced articles...

case in point... the last gibberish you posted in the diane abbot thread.... which was then disproves yet again!!!

anytime you get called out by actual "fact" you never come back to a thread "

Facts don't hold water with our Homer on here

Absolutely bang on Fabio

Cannock

[Removed by poster at 29/09/17 11:46:11]

Cannock

You didn't disprove anything in the Diane Abbott thread and I've just replied to your nonsensical post on there. Also it's a bit rich of you to talk about calling people out on threads and then never coming back. I called you out on the last Gina Miller thread over the false and slanderous allegations you made against me and you suddenly went silent on the thread and didn't respond to the points I raised. Pot and kettle springs to mind with you Fabio its always do as I say and not as I do!!!

» Add a new message to this topic