FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Brexit 4th round negotiations

Brexit 4th round negotiations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I cant see any improvements, britain just want to have but not give, it doesnt work like that, whats your view so far on the negotiations?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

But David Davis says it's going really well

"But David Davis says it's going really well "
That is cos he is deluded lol, vince cable also sais they came into it unprepared.

Cambridge

"But David Davis says it's going really well That is cos he is deluded lol, vince cable also sais they came into it unprepared."

No, they had loads of time before triggering article 50. That gave them time to get ready

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

Well when you give a set of numpties a job to do what can one expect...exactly what we have now ...nothing .

This shambles couldnt arrange a piss up in a brewery

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Well when you give a set of numpties a job to do what can one expect...exactly what we have now ...nothing .

This shambles couldnt arrange a piss up in a brewery "

Yes I agree 100%

It's going oh so well with these idiots what a bunch of tossers

bring on the next election

"But David Davis says it's going really well That is cos he is deluded lol, vince cable also sais they came into it unprepared.

No, they had loads of time before triggering article 50. That gave them time to get ready "

That is right they had, they just had unrealistic plans.

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

The talks are progressing in the way any reasonable person expected them to.

So far the EU has dictated the terms and timetable of the talks, outright rejected Mays plan for EU citizens and held firm on the 2nd phase of talks.

The Torys on the other hand are slowly capitulating; EU citizens in the UK can still use EU laws which will supercede British law after withdrawal, May has agreed to at least 20 billion in the divorce bill, there will be a supranational court over British courts and the UK will continue to pay contributions and remain under EU law during the transition.

Its been a disaster for May and the Tories. The only surprise is that more citizens arent more annoyed about it.

By *entaur_UKMan  over a year ago

Cannock

"The talks are progressing in the way any reasonable person expected them to.

So far the EU has dictated the terms and timetable of the talks, outright rejected Mays plan for EU citizens and held firm on the 2nd phase of talks.

The Torys on the other hand are slowly capitulating; EU citizens in the UK can still use EU laws which will supercede British law after withdrawal, May has agreed to at least 20 billion in the divorce bill, there will be a supranational court over British courts and the UK will continue to pay contributions and remain under EU law during the transition.

Its been a disaster for May and the Tories. The only surprise is that more citizens arent more annoyed about it."

Lol you have a VERY short memory! Just a few weeks ago you were saying on here the UK would pay a minimum of 50 billion divorce bill. I said at the time the EU was looking at around 35 billion and that I expected that figure to drop considerably more. It has dropped more because we've only offered 20 billion (over 2 years of transition which is only 10 billion a year). What happened to your blinkered insistence it would be a minimum of 50 billion then?

Cambridge

Its been a disaster for May and the Tories. The only surprise is that more citizens arent more annoyed about it.

Lol you have a VERY short memory! Just a few weeks ago you were saying on here the UK would pay a minimum of 50 billion divorce bill. I said at the time the EU was looking at around 35 billion and that I expected that figure to drop considerably more. It has dropped more because we've only offered 20 billion (over 2 years of transition which is only 10 billion a year). What happened to your blinkered insistence it would be a minimum of 50 billion then?

"

He said "at least 20 billion"

Cannock

He said "at least 20 billion" "

A couple of weeks ago he was saying it would be "at least 50 billion".

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A couple of weeks ago he was saying it would be "at least 50 billion". "

It could well be 20mil....but he ain't swiveling on it is he

Cambridge

A couple of weeks ago he was saying it would be "at least 50 billion". "

A few weeks ago to foreign Secretary was saying they could whistle for it, and that Britain wouldn't pay a penny.

Cambridge

A few weeks ago to foreign Secretary was saying they could whistle for it, and that Britain wouldn't pay a penny. "

But you know we will, right?

Cannock

A few weeks ago to foreign Secretary was saying they could whistle for it, and that Britain wouldn't pay a penny.

But you know we will, right? "

I know it won't be 50 billion like some numpties on here insisted it would be a few weeks ago.

Cambridge

I know it won't be 50 billion like some numpties on here insisted it would be a few weeks ago. "

But we will pay something, right?

I know it won't be 50 billion like some numpties on here insisted it would be a few weeks ago. "

How do you know ?

[Removed by poster at 28/09/17 23:41:47]

I am watching question time and I feel sorry for the potential of 4000 job losses in dublin.

Cannock

"I am watching question time and I feel sorry for the potential of 4000 job losses in dublin."

Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland and they are staying in the EU. So even though they are in the EU this has still affected them then.

"I am watching question time and I feel sorry for the potential of 4000 job losses in dublin.

Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland and they are staying in the EU. So even though they are in the EU this has still affected them then. "

I see, although they didnt say if it was a business connected to the uk.

By *oo hotCouple  over a year ago

North West

Its been a disaster for May and the Tories. The only surprise is that more citizens arent more annoyed about it."

To be accurate, she has not agreed to a €20 billion Brexit Bill. She has requested a two year transition period during which time the UK would continue "as normal."

There remains to be negotiated the payment of the UK share of pre agreed financial commitments - generally known as the Brexit bill. Taken as a standalone payment and not including the €20 billion transition payments, the Brexitologists will hope to spin the bill as a great victory.

By *nleashedCrakenMan  over a year ago

Widnes

It's 20 Billion to see the current budget out, we've agreed to that. We haven't yet agreed to the 25 Billion the EU say we owe due to other commitment that we singed up to. There is also our share of the EU's civil servants pension. Out side of hard BREXITers I don't think there are many in the country who think we shouldn't pay our share of the pensions (which will be going to British people who were ordered to work in the EU by the government of the day), that's another 5 to 10 billion.

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

Bournemouth

I know it won't be 50 billion like some numpties on here insisted it would be a few weeks ago.

It's 20 Billion to see the current budget out, we've agreed to that. We haven't yet agreed to the 25 Billion the EU say we owe due to other commitment that we singed up to. There is also our share of the EU's civil servants pension. Out side of hard BREXITers I don't think there are many in the country who think we shouldn't pay our share of the pensions (which will be going to British people who were ordered to work in the EU by the government of the day), that's another 5 to 10 billion.

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

"

try and explain that to centaur bless him he doesn't understand he plucks figures out if the sky and us always right. Yeah right

Cannock

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

"

In that calculation you've failed to take into account the uk's share of assets which we should be legally entitled to claim back from the EU upon exit. So taking into account those deductions it will be less than 50 billion.

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

"

DOH!!

By *issing in actionWoman  over a year ago

Llanelli

"....and the UK will continue to pay contributions and remain under EU law during the transition."

If the UK are continuing to pay contributions, this will also mean areas such as Wales and Cornwall will continue to be nett beneficiaries of EU funding for another 2 years, then right?

Cambridge

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

In that calculation you've failed to take into account the uk's share of assets which we should be legally entitled to claim back from the EU upon exit. So taking into account those deductions it will be less than 50 billion. "

The assets are already taken into account as you can see in the link below.

https://www.ft.com/content/29fc1abc-2fe0-11e7-9555-23ef563ecf9a?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6

Cannock

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

In that calculation you've failed to take into account the uk's share of assets which we should be legally entitled to claim back from the EU upon exit. So taking into account those deductions it will be less than 50 billion.

https://www.ft.com/content/29fc1abc-2fe0-11e7-9555-23ef563ecf9a?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6"

We'll see who is proved to be right in the fullness of time, I've been proved right time and time again on this forum (I won the brier score game remember) this is an ongoing negotiation and I'm very confident the UK will end up paying no where near 50 billion as the final sum. It's still on ongoing negotiation and it seems you need to be reminded yet again what David Davis said on the very first day that the negotiations started "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed".

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

https://www.ft.com/content/29fc1abc-2fe0-11e7-9555-23ef563ecf9a?segmentid=acee4131-99c2-09d3-a635-873e61754ec6

We'll see who is proved to be right in the fullness of time, I've been proved right time and time again on this forum (I won the brier score game remember) this is an ongoing negotiation and I'm very confident the UK will end up paying no where near 50 billion as the final sum. It's still on ongoing negotiation and it seems you need to be reminded yet again what David Davis said on the very first day that the negotiations started "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed". "

Yeah Juncker has just said that....and id like to know what you have been proved right on over this....as you have just stated nothing has been agreed with yet

Doh

"I am watching question time and I feel sorry for the potential of 4000 job losses in dublin.

Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland and they are staying in the EU. So even though they are in the EU this has still affected them then. I see, although they didnt say if it was a business connected to the uk."

Bombardier is Canadian. Basically this has sod all to do with Brexit. The argument revolves around subsidies given by Canada to sell planes into the USA.

"But David Davis says it's going really well "

So did Barnier!

Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland and they are staying in the EU. So even though they are in the EU this has still affected them then. I see, although they didnt say if it was a business connected to the uk.

Bombardier is Canadian. Basically this has sod all to do with Brexit. The argument revolves around subsidies given by Canada to sell planes into the USA."

Agreed but it has an awful lot to to with trade deals and tariffs

"But David Davis says it's going really well

So did Barnier!"

And Juncker has just said it will take a miracle

Cannock

Dublin is in the Republic of Ireland and they are staying in the EU. So even though they are in the EU this has still affected them then. I see, although they didnt say if it was a business connected to the uk.

Bombardier is Canadian. Basically this has sod all to do with Brexit. The argument revolves around subsidies given by Canada to sell planes into the USA."

But as you well know Remoaners will look for any excuse to try to blame everything and anything on Brexit.

"

A few weeks ago to foreign Secretary was saying they could whistle for it, and that Britain wouldn't pay a penny. "

Centaur said basically the same months ago that we won't be paying a penny in any form of Brexit bill to trade with the EU

Bournemouth

"

Centaur said basically the same months ago that we won't be paying a penny in any form of Brexit bill to trade with the EU "

I realy do think he has lost the plot everything is always some one else fault be a man not a and except your not all ways right

You talk like your reading everything off the net it stands out a mile

Get back to your fancy man farage

Cannock

"

Centaur said basically the same months ago that we won't be paying a penny in any form of Brexit bill to trade with the EU "

Blatant mis-quote. I said the UK would not pay a penny in the event of no deal with the EU and I still stand by that statement. If we walk away from the talks with no deal and go to WTO rules then we won't be paying any divorce bill, the EU can go whistle for it in that scenario.

Cambridge

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

We'll see who is proved to be right in the fullness of time, I've been proved right time and time again on this forum (I won the brier score game remember) this is an ongoing negotiation and I'm very confident the UK will end up paying no where near 50 billion as the final sum. It's still on ongoing negotiation and it seems you need to be reminded yet again what David Davis said on the very first day that the negotiations started "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed". "

Who said this:

"The EU don't have a clue, the figure has gone from 50 billion to 84 billion to 100 billion in the space of a couple of weeks. The Euroloons in Brussels have their heads up their backsides as per usual. The UK will not pay any such fee, during a joint press conference by Brexit secretary David Davis and Chancellor Phillip Hammond yesterday they both said the UK does not recognise the figures coming from the EU."

Cannock

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

We'll see who is proved to be right in the fullness of time, I've been proved right time and time again on this forum (I won the brier score game remember) this is an ongoing negotiation and I'm very confident the UK will end up paying no where near 50 billion as the final sum. It's still on ongoing negotiation and it seems you need to be reminded yet again what David Davis said on the very first day that the negotiations started "Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed".

Who said this:

"The EU don't have a clue, the figure has gone from 50 billion to 84 billion to 100 billion in the space of a couple of weeks. The Euroloons in Brussels have their heads up their backsides as per usual. The UK will not pay any such fee, during a joint press conference by Brexit secretary David Davis and Chancellor Phillip Hammond yesterday they both said the UK does not recognise the figures coming from the EU.""

Yes I said that and I was clearly referring to the 50 billion figure, the 84 billion figure and the 100 billion figure. It's there in black and white that you just quoted. I stand by what I said the UK will not be paying any such fee, it will be significantly less than 50 billion.

Cambridge

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

Who said this:

"The EU don't have a clue, the figure has gone from 50 billion to 84 billion to 100 billion in the space of a couple of weeks. The Euroloons in Brussels have their heads up their backsides as per usual. The UK will not pay any such fee, during a joint press conference by Brexit secretary David Davis and Chancellor Phillip Hammond yesterday they both said the UK does not recognise the figures coming from the EU."

Yes I said that and I was clearly referring to the 50 billion figure, the 84 billion figure and the 100 billion figure. It's there in black and white that you just quoted. I stand by what I said the UK will not be paying any such fee, it will be significantly less than 50 billion. "

Any such "figure" would mean that we would pay less (or more), however any such "fee" means that we won't be paying anything at all.

Cannock

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

Who said this:

Yes I said that and I was clearly referring to the 50 billion figure, the 84 billion figure and the 100 billion figure. It's there in black and white that you just quoted. I stand by what I said the UK will not be paying any such fee, it will be significantly less than 50 billion.

Any such "figure" would mean that we would pay less (or more), however any such "fee" means that we won't be paying anything at all."

No that's your twisted interpretation of it. Go back and read the comment again I even listed the amounts I was referring to for extra clarity! When I said "the UK won't be paying any such fee" than that was clearly a reference to the 3 amounts I had referred to in the previous sentence.

Cambridge

+20

+25

+ 5 (at least)

===

Who said this:

Any such "figure" would mean that we would pay less (or more), however any such "fee" means that we won't be paying anything at all.

No that's your twisted interpretation of it. Go back and read the comment again I even listed the amounts I was referring to for extra clarity! When I said "the UK won't be paying any such fee" than that was clearly a reference to the 3 amounts I had referred to in the previous sentence. "

It's not a twisted interpretation, it's an understanding of the English language.

By *illwill69uMan  over a year ago

moston

Why has the EU had to tell May not to attempt to negotiate with individual countries during the EU leaders meeting this weekend? And not to discus brexit at this meeting? And why is the BBC reporting that she intends to just that very thing with the French and German leaders?

What is wrong with May? Is she doing this deliberately to torpedo this country? Does she not understand that the EU is in the driving seat and that if she refuses to play by their rules they will make brexit a lot more painful for us than we can ever make it for them?

" I stand by what I said the UK will not be paying any such fee, it will be significantly less than 50 billion.

Any such "figure" would mean that we would pay less (or more), however any such "fee" means that we won't be paying anything at all."

DOH!!!!

Cambridge

" I stand by what I said the UK will not be paying any such fee, it will be significantly less than 50 billion.

DOH!!!! "

Bournemouth

Doh !!!!!!!

"

south dublin

"

Actually Ive said for months that the final bill will be about 50 billion,since the start of the summer in fact, and I stand by that assessment.

The UK has repeatedly lost key battles in this negotiation and this is another surrender. Agreeing to 20 billion which is only part of the settlement is a big blow. And announcing this before the Tory conference shows how much pressure the David/Theresa brain trust is under as obviously they want to hold as much bad news as possible until after the conference.

And as to your other comment about you regularly being right I must have missed that because since the negotiations have started youve been consistently wrong.

Davis lost the "battle of the summer" although you believed the Suns outrageous lie that it was a victory for Davis despite his repeated alstance that sequencing would not happen and that it would be detrimental to the UK.

There is going to be a supranational court above UK courts.

EU citizens will be allowed to use EU law to override UK law after Brexit.

We're 40% of the way to the divorce bill with a lot the UK still owed left to be accounted for.

The EU has not capitulated like you repeatedly said they would and have held firm.

And now theres talk that Northern Ireland is on the table and they may remain in the market and customs union. The DUP arent going to like that.

The Brexit ordeal has been a disaster.

The EU will never let May have what she wants ! If she knows what it is !

The only way is to just leave !

And we all make the best of it !

south dublin

"The EU will never let May have what she wants ! If she knows what it is !

And we all make the best of it !"

Yes, just leave so that all aur travel to europe becomes impossible, cancer treatments become impossible, overnight massive, crippling losses of NHS staff so that healthcare falls apart on a national scale, huge losses of key staff to companies, businesses that export or sell services to the EU go under and unemployment sky rockets, a hard border in Northern Ireland that will undoubtedly raise tensions and cause violence, the potential for both Scotland and Northern Ireland to leave the UK completely, massive increases in import costs sending food prices through the roof and cost of living too and a whole host of other issues that I cant pull off the top of my head.

Nobody anywhere with a functioning brain and even the slightest understanding of the situation thinks that leaving without a deal is possible.

Its like saying dialysis is inconvenient to the patient so lets stop and just make the best of it and everything will be fine for reasons...

I know people didn't put any thought into why they voted leave, but that doesn't mean that the same principle should be used for everything brexit related.

I think that was always the plan.Do a runner and dont pay the bill.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it highlights how the Conservatives should not have held the referendum as they did, due to the egotistical ukip upstarts scaring them.

We have no appropriate plan now, proving that they didn't understand the complexity of the exit, nor have a plan then. In essence voters didn't have the information provided to them that they needed to have in order to make informed decisions to vote.

The busted flushes Boris and Nige are self-important pricks who'll maneuver things for their own gains. And little Englanders with faecal flows from mouths unleash unsupported claptrap ad nauseam, whilst assisting things to go down the pan.

» Add a new message to this topic