FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Politics > Redacted Brexit Study Papers

Redacted Brexit Study Papers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oo hot OP   Couple  over a year ago

North West

Seemingly last night David Davis complied with the Speakers demand to release the various Brexit impact studies and - surprise, surprise they have been redacted in parts to remove anything that would “weaken the Governments hand in Brexit negotiations.”

The parts that illustrate a potential benefit to the economy have not been redacted but any parts that state a damaging or negative effect have been removed.

David Davis has been roundly attacked for this

And his critics include Jacob Reed Mogg who said that the government would be in serious constitutional waters if it did not provide all of the information.

Is this what is meant by taking back control?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

and you refused to listen when countless folks were telling you not vote for these people two elections ago ... you've ended up with the government you deserve

It's sometimes hard to believe your the same Tory die hard I spent two months arguing with during the election of 15

North West

"It's sometimes hard to believe your the same Tory die hard I spent two months arguing with during the election of 15

"

Recent political events have shaken my world up. I have core beliefs but they are no longer represented. Plus, I would never have voted Conservative at any price. This is the most incompetent cabinet I have seen in my lifetime - but worse... the alternative is not even close to being better.

"It's sometimes hard to believe your the same Tory die hard I spent two months arguing with during the election of 15

Recent political events have shaken my world up. I have core beliefs but they are no longer represented. Plus, I would never have voted Conservative at any price. This is the most incompetent cabinet I have seen in my lifetime - but worse... the alternative is not even close to being better."

Well in my lifetime I have voted for Labour, Tory & liberals. I have even been a candidate many years ago. I would like to see a common sense approach to politics - if it's good for the country then it doesn't matter who proposed it. But then we would have to expect politicians to be adults!

Did anyone ever think they would release the truth about it....gosh you have fools on here that stand by every word that moron Davis says...so he ain't going to show himself up or the government for what they are.....I've said this all along....Cameron called the referendum to bolster HIS position and the Tory party.....May called the GE to bolster HER position and the Tory party...both backfired on them....now anyone who thinks for one moment that these people are going to release these papers unedited and show how incompetent they are....are as deluded as our UKIP supporter on here

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Where they to do so without being redacted i think they know a total shit storm would descend..

as it is its just a mess and they will roll with that to stay in power..

Recent political events have shaken my world up. I have core beliefs but they are no longer represented. Plus, I would never have voted Conservative at any price. This is the most incompetent cabinet I have seen in my lifetime - but worse... the alternative is not even close to being better."

Fair enough! I'm not really that arsed about green issues myself anymore

By *inkyHnSCouple  over a year ago

The Council of Elrond

You have to wonder why David Davis and David Mundell are now keeping the brexit impact report a secret

If the report concluded that brexit would be good for the Scottish economy they would have released it for anyone in Scotland to see therefore ending any talk about another independence referendum but no no its all hush hush so one can only take that to mean they know brexit its going to leave Scotland worse off and they dont give a flying fuck about it

I smell shite!!!!

"You have to wonder why David Davis and David Mundell are now keeping the brexit impact report a secret

If the report concluded that brexit would be good for the Scottish economy they would have released it for anyone in Scotland to see therefore ending any talk about another independence referendum but no no its all hush hush so one can only take that to mean they know brexit its going to leave Scotland worse off and they dont give a flying fuck about it

I smell shite!!!! "

I wouldn't trust these Tory/UKIPERS to run a corner shop....let alone the UK economy....there devious fuckers and only in it for themselves

The Council of Elrond

Oh the irony that Brexit Ministers might well be held in contempt by the very Parliament they wanted to return sovereignty to lmao

By *utandbigMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

"Oh the irony that Brexit Ministers might well be held in contempt by the very Parliament they wanted to return sovereignty to lmao

"

They are a disgrace the whole lot of them there trying to run our country what a fuck up lies lies and more lies

Johnson gove may davies and fox

Send the fuckers packing I hope they catch fire cause I wouldent piss on them to put it out

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

Well they can't give them the full information because DD doesn't believe parliament can be trusted to keep a secret. The very same parliament they want to have more power. Oh the irony!

By *xplicitlyricsMan  over a year ago

south dublin

I like the fact that Davis keeps saying he wont release it because it would weaken his negotiating position. Not only have the EU obviously done their own analysis, and the UKs position couldnt be weaker anyway. But the fact that he admits it weakens his position is enough to weaken it!

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

"Well they can't give them the full information because DD doesn't believe parliament can be trusted to keep a secret. The very same parliament they want to have more power. Oh the irony! "

My understanding is the the Lords and the Devolved Assemblies got a copy as well.

in Lancashire

"Oh the irony that Brexit Ministers might well be held in contempt by the very Parliament they wanted to return sovereignty to lmao

"

agreed..

would have expected the usual brexit lot on here to be screaming that same point that Parliamentary Sovereignty (being oh so important and trotted out in the run up to the referendum) is being abused by Davies, May, Gove etc..

maybe now its not really an issue..

in Lancashire

"Well they can't give them the full information because DD doesn't believe parliament can be trusted to keep a secret. The very same parliament they want to have more power. Oh the irony!

My understanding is the the Lords and the Devolved Assemblies got a copy as well."

but the people, the one's for whom the phrase 'the will of the people' is often rolled out will have no idea what is in it..

it's bollocks..

The Council of Elrond

Now if i am right i think on the 26th October 2017 David Davis said this "The reports are in excruciating detail.

So if thats true let's see the detail then the public do have a right to see the impact of brexit

I think its telling the are hiding something they know its going to be bad yet still willing to go ahead with it some UK government this is eh that are suppose to act in the best interests of the UK yet know its going to be bad and still go ahead with it even though it was only an advisory referendum tut tut

By *oi_LucyCouple  over a year ago

Barbados

"

Don’t forget he is also the same DD that until recently was suing May at the European Court of Jusice over her Snoopers Charter.

-Matt

North West

This is really kicking off now - if it was not so serious, it would be funny.

I think that Davis has been overcome by a terminal bout of narcissistic self importance and his omnipotence makes him think that mere rules and laws don’t apply to him anymore.

The Council of Elrond

I have just picked up on something

Its funny how Centaur is not commented on this thread i even tried asking him on my own thread but so far nothing from him

Must be bad that Centaur doesnt have nothing to say on this lol

If brexit is going to be amazing as the leave voters think why oh why would the Tories have the brexit impact papers redacted surely if brexit is going to be good for the UK there is nothing to hide right ?

By *avidnsa69Man  over a year ago

Essex

If the reports were telling the government that post brexit the country would be showered in fairy dust and we would all be made rich by exporting unicorns to every nation on earth, you can bet your arse that theyd be leaking them to every news outlet in the known galaxy.

North West

"I have just picked up on something

Its funny how Centaur is not commented on this thread i even tried asking him on my own thread but so far nothing from him

If brexit is going to be amazing as the leave voters think why oh why would the Tories have the brexit impact papers redacted surely if brexit is going to be good for the UK there is nothing to hide right ?

"

I can’t speak for Centaur but you need to understand that there are a sizeable percentage of Brexiters who are baying for a chaotic, dramatic and debilitating Brexit because they see such a catastrophe as the only way that meaningful change can actually come about as a consequence.

Remember that although a number of perfectly ordinary people voted Brexit for their perfectly justifiable reasons there were others amongst the fringe elements. All racists voted Brexit, all anarchists voted Brexit and all xenophobes voted Brexit. Amongst these @extremists@ a sizeable number actually want chaos because it suits their secondary agenda.

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"I have just picked up on something

I can’t speak for Centaur but you need to understand that there are a sizeable percentage of Brexiters who are baying for a chaotic, dramatic and debilitating Brexit because they see such a catastrophe as the only way that meaningful change can actually come about as a consequence.

Remember that although a number of perfectly ordinary people voted Brexit for their perfectly justifiable reasons there were others amongst the fringe elements. All racists voted Brexit, all anarchists voted Brexit and all xenophobes voted Brexit. Amongst these @extremists@ a sizeable number actually want chaos because it suits their secondary agenda."

Nail on the head.

When all is said and done, no good will come of brexit.

But "good" wasn't something people were asked to vote for.

The question put in front of the public was simplistic beyond belief.

All the campaigns treat the public like idiots ( and some of them are).

DD is continuing in the same vein, it's not his call as to what is released, it's not his role to try and change the terms of reference. He has to release all the papers, not some of the papers, or the bits of the papers.

"

"

Um, excuse me, but have you forgotten about the innovative British jams and marmalades that disgraced former minister who resigned in disgrace, Liam Fox, promised?

By *or Fox SakeCouple  over a year ago

Thornaby

"

Um, excuse me, but have you forgotten about the innovative British jams and marmalades that disgraced former minister who resigned in disgrace, Liam Fox, promised?

"

Fair point

» Add a new message to this topic